New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Broken City

"Unfortunately, our choice is either come together and work something out, or go back to our homes and just kill each other until only one of us is left standing. As fun as that sounds, I'd really rather not have to clean up everyone's blood, not to mention that it's harder to rebuild a completely war-torn city than one only partially war-torn."

Go Tigers!

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Bookbinders guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    On the matter of the hand presses... you'd be the last to get them really. The blueprints are already in several fractions hands. Besides, we imported themourselves. We can recomend they go the the monks themselves, but eh.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty

"The Heladuit's claim is fabricated. Regardless, and far more important, they would evidently not make a good ruler. They are concerned only with their own power and reputation. They aid the people only when it conveniences them"

"Regardless of the outcome of this day, we will continue to act to restore order, working with any who will take us. We do not want neighbourhoods for ourself, but I hope you will not criticize me for only leaving them in the hands of those we trust."

"As to the outcome of the day; We vote for the Militia of Order and Justice to serve on the provisional council."

To the Drovers: [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very well then. I propose a mutual project; we all co-operate to develop this neighbours wealth, and restore order to the streets, to revert the damage caused by the discord between your organisations

To the Order of the Wren [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I do believe I am the best candidate; I am compassionate; I value every life, but have the willpower to do what is necessary for the greater good. I am intelligent, with wisdom beyond my age, but know better than to ignore good counsel. I am proud; confident in my own abilities, but know my faults and compensate for them."

"I have the backing of a highly capable and loyal faction, who I am proud to say are almost all good people. I'd like to be able to say they all are. Policy is to recruit only the best, but no system is perfect."

"I will not show fear to the enemies of the city. I am steadfast in my resolve, absolute in my goals. I will do what is necessary, give up my life if needed, to protect the populace from harm."

There is only the slightest twitch to his voice, as King James mentions fear. He wonders whether the Wren was fast enough to hear it.
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-08-01 at 08:48 PM.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hearthfeathers to EBSA (ESP-D 3)
    Spoiler
    Show

"Peaceful solution?" Don't fool yourselves. This was going to end in blood either way.

We will sign your papers, but know this; one day, we will burn them.

Blackjack Boys to Esoteric Society (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Certainly, yer honor. What we were talking about was these right here--this stamp. It's not really the stamp itself that does anything, but the ink you use it with plays merry hob with scrying spells. We can give you some, if you like.

The Conductor to Sausage Guild (ESP-D 7)
    Spoiler
    Show

mY THANKS. THE FORGER is a PerFecTIONIST, ObVIOUSlY, and AS SUch wIll have tO DISPOsE oF MAnY IMPERFECT MOLDS. tHeY mAY BE HarD tO FIND, BUT also HarD tO dispOSE OF PROPERLY.

Legions to Ram Revolution (ESP-D 3)
    Spoiler
    Show

You are naive, sir, if you think the Empire allows martyrs. Those who died when they crushed the revolution did not die glorious deaths. They had their throats cut in the night by the Chancery or died in droves at the hands of the Coward's Legion. Those who tried to make a stand were humbled before being executed. No one left the field against the Empire without shame, not even the dead. What does dying in the name of a cause matter when the dying does not help that cause? What does fighting for your home matter if that home is burned before your blood finishes seeping into the dirt?

Still. This is not the Empire. For all their might the armies of this city are not the Coward's Legion, and for all their terror the secret police are no Chancery. No black-marked men will come for us if we fight in your name, to be sure. Perhaps we can start here what the Illarym would not let us build.

Legions to Blackfist Brotherhood (ESP-D 3)
    Spoiler
    Show

Freedom is a good cause, aye, and one worth fighting for. But there must be some order, else a stronger army will be raised elsewhere and the tyranny returns.

Poets to Blackfist Brotherhood (ESP-D 0)
    Spoiler
    Show

Your words ring of truth, though we like that truth not. You have lit the streets aflame, with no regard for the gentler arts. You will burn and break and tear down the old order, and when all is gone all that will remain is you, forever free, forever unable to build beyond the stage that you have burned yourself into. You speak of a world without limitations, but also of a world without order, without the power to raise grand statues simply for the sake of creation.

Some will speak your words of fire, no matter what I say, but know this; there will be a price for your freedom, one too heavy for my heart to pay.

Wool Street Gang to Blackfist Brotherhood (ESP-D 5)
    Spoiler
    Show

We're more worried about them finding us, yeah? We're not about to move out of the Dancer, though that does make us kinda conspicuous.

The Conductor to Blackfist Brotherhood (ESP-D 7)
    Spoiler
    Show

whIle i aPPRECIATE THe senTimenT, I AM AFRAID i stILL mUsT DeClinE. I must noT gEt tOO pERSONALLY INvOLVED in thE ExpERIMent.

Bookbinder's Guild to Technists Guild (ESP-D 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

This is unfortunate news. Giving the ability to mass-produce their own texts to the masses has always been against Guild policy, so as to avoid spreading ill-informed opinions and encouraging poor-quality work. To this end, we have tried to keep all presses in the city under our control. As you are clearly intent on flouting our regulations, we have no choice but to inform you that if you do not destroy your blueprints and machines, as well as those you may have sold to others, we will have to take steps to remove them ourselves.

Drovers to Champions of Sovereignty (ESP-D 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Couldn't hurt, I suppose. We'll work with you, yer honor.
    Last edited by Zemalac; 2012-08-01 at 10:42 PM.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

EBSA Meeting Esp Def 5

Dekan's face falls into a careful mask as Markus Heladuit speaks, though it is obvious to anyone with an ounce of empathy that he dislikes the words coming from the man's mouth. Waiting for a moment for the man to finish his rant, he opens his mouth to respond... and then Markus stood and walked out. After a beat, Dekan turns back to the audience around him and lifts a finger to point at the point where the Heladuit left "That sort of attitude is the reason this government is so important. There is a man who cares nothing for anyone but himself, who stylizes himself as a Warlord, whose people are nothing but tools for his own arrogant gains"

He glances at James " I agree that he is not fit to control a district, let alone the entire city. There was no respect in him for the lifeblood of the city that is its people, its long tradition of laws, or even the simple safety of a united front of mutual protection. Please, let us use him as an example of what we are trying to avoid on the whole. What say you to this? Can we agree to at least try? "

Hearthfeather Family
    Spoiler
    Show
    You may use whatever lies you must to rationalize the deaths of your family and servents as anyone but your own fault. We offer a true and honest chance for long standing peace in this city. Do not sacrafice anymore sons to the meaningless cause of revenge.

If you need any help getting yourselves re situated, let us know. If you ever want to speak directly to the Wreken family for a new peace... we are more than willing.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

6. - Top - End - #306
    Troll in the Playground

"I can assure you, I will do everything possible to ensure I never become like that man, if that is what your asking. Constantine says, motioning towards the door. "I came here willing to compromise, if people were willing to discuss what is necessary in our new government, but it seems that most of those present have come only to complain, rather than work." he looks around at the various people in the room. "So who wants to go home tonight having actually accomplished something OTHER than putting your thumb up your ass?"

Go Tigers!

7. - Top - End - #307
    Pixie in the Playground

To The Militia of Order and Justice
    [Esp. D. 6]

Spoiler
    Show
    We would be glad to aid in the disposal of the Tong. It is a deal.

Technists Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your shipment was intercepted by thugs from the Bookbinders guild, would it be possible to send another unit anytime soon?

Church of Neposh
    Spoiler
    Show
    We appreciate your concern, but we are more then capable of dealing with the matter ourselves.

Bookbinders guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    Some of your hired thug destroyed a perhase made by our Militia. EXPLAIN or be tried for destruction of property.

8. - Top - End - #308

Bookbinder's Guild to Militia of Order and Justice (ESP-D 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Really? That's news to us, though we did hear rumor of some fine upstanding citizens taking it upon themselves to claim a standing Guild bounty on uncontrolled presses (a bounty that is, we remind you, perfectly legal under the 857 Decree of Guild Monopoly and Enforcement). It has long been understood that this Guild is to be the sole operator of printing presses in Sav Altulas. Violate this rule at your own peril.

Doctor Reynard to Wardens (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

The man calling himself Doctor Reynard is of average height, mostly bald, with small spectacles on his face and a faded scarf wrapped around his neck. He carries a battered black doctor's bag in hands covered by a pair of fine silk gloves, his only concession to luxury. The figure he cuts is a decidedly unimposing one.

"Good day, sir," he says to the Warden guarding the door. "I believe I am expected. A mutual friend to the south suggested I drop by."
    Last edited by Zemalac; 2012-08-02 at 12:39 AM.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

IC
    OOC

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Doctor Reynard (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

The guard, slightly confused, sends a message informing the Commander of the new arrival. Soon after, a large, heavily muscled bald man in Warden uniform arrives to greet the guest.

"Ah, yes. Mr... Reynard. It's good that you made it. I am Kurt Gonna, and among other things I handle the armoury of the Wardens.

We have some things you might want to take a look at, and will of course be providing you with any assistance that you require and we are able to procure."

His voice and mannerisms are surprisingly smooth and cultured for such a brute of a man. Gesturing for the good Doctor to follow him, Kurt intends to bring him inside the compound before asking him whether he needs anything to recover from the journey and such. Once good manners have been taken care of, and he has shown some proof he is whom we think he is, the gathered devices will be displayed as well as all the information we have on Embler's operation.
    Last edited by Murska; 2012-08-02 at 01:03 AM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Bloodhaven

Heladuit Court/GM [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

To Artisans of the Heladuit Court,

I would like to place an order for a number of your products – from dresses to street flags and room decorations. The deadline would be [2 turns] with a request, that you take your time to deliver the best quality. I will provide instructions for the general theme of work, perhaps a bit more on dresses, but the creative details are of course up to your taste.

Sincerely Yours,
    Dr. Morden Vassari.

To GM & Sausage Guild [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

GM: Just to confirm.

1. Is there a water contamination at the Bunkers?
    2. Is it making trouble for the local population/present health hazard?

To Zelmac [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Okay. I think my VIP will be involved in clearing out Elfwatch and Little Zanchar, so some of this information can be in PMs.

Can you tell me Redcap’s DEF. ESP?

Do the Market Guards tell me how much MIL & ESP they have?

Do Market Guards & Peacocks trust each other enough to cooperate – Peacocks Espionage can be useful in Little Zanchar, while Market Guards can send their MIL to clear out gangs in Elfwatch.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

11. - Top - End - #311
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Actually, I do.
    We have complained enough.

I propose a vote to decide if we form the Government Council.

I don't think there is anything else we can do."

12. - Top - End - #312

Seconded. I want to actually get something done.
    To Blackjack Boys [pm]
    Spoiler
    Show
    That is fascinating. Yes, I think that might be just what I need. Thank you very much, kind sir. Now, what do you need? More funds? More men? Information?
    Last edited by Nyrt; 2012-08-02 at 07:55 AM.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

13. - Top - End - #313

Church of Neposh
    (DESP7)

To various Gangs in the Mains
    Spoiler
    Show

The "Order of Justice" is currently sweeping through the mains with the goal of wiping you all out. We are willing to assist you, but you will have to join us and put your faith in the Great Neposh.

To Annosus Merchant’s Society
    Spoiler
    Show

Last month we were in the process of setting up a trade for weapons, 4 WEL for 1 MIL I believe. Is that offer still on the table?

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To the Church of Neposh [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "If you stand with the gangs of the mains, you resolutely chose personal power over the welfare of the citizens. You can not claim your god is moral if he encourages such actions."

"Our forces will be moving to restore order to the Mains. If you take action to defend them, we will consider it an aggressive action against our organisation. If you believe a diplomatic solution is possible, then say so openly, and do not conduct it with an air of secrecy."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-08-02 at 08:00 AM.

15. - Top - End - #315

The Church of Neposh

To The Champions of Sovereignty
    (DESP4)
    Spoiler
    Show

It is not the mains we care about, but the Great Cathedral. And to say we have not tried dimplomatic methods is wrong as well. We have contacted the Militia of Order and Justice, who are currently cleaning up the streets, and asked if they were willing to let us have control of the Cathedral. We were even willing to go in and assist them in their task, but they would not agree and gave no indication of continuing the talks.

Also, to say we did this with an air of secrecy would be a lie. After all, you found out and you are no where near the mains. From another angle, we had no idea you were planning on sending men in the area. I could ask why you do that in secret as well.

If you can get the Militia to agree to not enter the Cathedral we will stay out of the Mains. Since you seem to be hell bent on making us out to be evil, we will reach out one more time.

To The Militia of Order and Justice (Desp6)
    Spoiler
    Show

We wish to make a proposal. We will protect your claim on the Mains if you protect our claim on the Cathedral.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To the Church of Neposh [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I apologise for the confusion. I assumed you were trying to the protect the gangs, and meant only that I would welcome a diplomatic solution to their continued tyrannical rule of the district. As it is, I see no alternate but to oust them by force."

"I do not see why your church would have an intrinsic right to the Cathedral. If the Militia forbid you access to it, then so be it. I will not fight for you to control the Cathedral, simply because you threaten military action, That only gives me reason to doubt you would govern it properly. "

"Nonetheless, I will speak to the Militia"

To the Militia of Order and Justice [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The Church of Neposh seems resolute in their goal to claim The Cathedral for themselves, going as far as to threaten military action. We do not want unnecessary conflicts, but neither do we wish to give in to bullies. We will stand by you whatever you decide to do."

To the Ram Revolution [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Your allies, the Church of Neposh are damaging our chances of restoring order to the District of Mains. They threaten military action against us if we do not cede them control of the Cathedral. Will you please speak to them? I do not want any unnecessary bloodshed."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-08-02 at 09:35 AM.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution:

The Meeting:
    Constantine slaps his hand on the table. "Now that's what I'm talking about! Let's get things done. All in favor of a Government Council?" he asks, raising his own hand to vote as he does.

TO: Church of Neposh (D ESP 7)
    Spoiler
    Show

Is there any way that the disagreement over the Mains and the Cathedral between you and the Militia can be worked out without bloodshed? We need stability to be brought to our city, not fights between the few of us who are calm enough to set the city straight. I hope you will find a way to peacefully resolve these issues. Know that if you move against the Militia, there will be no aid coming from Runner's City.

Doesn't the Cathedral open into the Pews and Orn Totre as well? There is no need to move through the mains to get to it.

TO: Champions of Sovereignty (D ESP 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

"Allies" may be a bit strong to describe the relationship between the Church and our organization, but I will do what I can none the less.

TO: Militia of Order and Justice (D ESP 7)
    Spoiler
    Show

Is there any way that the disagreement over the Mains and the Cathedral between you and the Church can be worked out without bloodshed? We need stability to be brought to our city, not fights between the few of us who are calm enough to set the city straight. I hope you will find a way to peacefully resolve these issues. I also want to assure you that unlike in Orn Totre, if the Church moves on the Main, the Revolution will not be assisting them.

Do you have a reason that you do not wish the church to control the Cathedral?
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2012-08-02 at 01:36 PM.

Go Tigers!

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

EBSA

Dekan raises his hand to give the EBSA's support behind the vote.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

19. - Top - End - #319

*raises hand*
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!

Image to come

Buy my music here

20. - Top - End - #320

NinjaGuy

*Wilhelm raises his hand and smiles*

To GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    What do I know about the Old Houses? Are all of them fanatics, or are some of them pragmatic enough to see what I'm doing and wanting to be a part of it?

How does stat raising work in this game?

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

the trader raises his hand to confirm his vote for a council

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

King James raises his hand in support of the council.

23. - Top - End - #323

Spoiler
    Show

Inside the compound, several men in Warden uniforms drift over and begin following the Doctor. It takes Gonna a moment to realize that he doesn't recognize any of them, which shouldn't be possible among those on headquarters duty.

Doctor Reynard strips off his coat, idly folding it back to reveal a pattern of quilted black diamonds on the inside. At the same time, the uniformed men behind him turn up their collars in a weirdly synchronized movement, revealing a small black diamond pin on the inside of each.

Reynard smiles. "Most excellent, my friend. I myself am not an expert in the sort of devices that you want me to take a look at; fortunately, I believe we do have such an expert at hand." One of the black-marked men nods at the words. "If you will direct me to the details you have on Mr. Embler, Rhyiss here will take a look at your armory for you."

To Doctor Vassari / Sausage Guild (GM PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

1. Yes.

2. Depends on whether anyone drinks it. Most of the local population drink beer instead of the water, which presents its own host of problems. It is known that the water causes headaches and nausea when too much of it is consumed.

To Thelonius (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Redcap's ESP-D for the past turn is 5. Their Morale is 4, so they have a history of putting at least a little bit of Espionage towards ESP-D.

The Market Guard has a MIL of [++++]. They do not trust you with their ESP, for fear of blowing the cover of their various undercover agents.

The Peacocks would accept the help of the Market Guard, if only for the irony, but the Market Guard would be very hesitant to help a pseudo-criminal organization such as the Peacocks.

Blackjack Boys to Lord Jove (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Anything you can spare would help, milord. The Librarian, she's pretty damn good at what she does, and if she's coming on us with all her might we could be in for a bad trip.

Mains to Church of Neposh (ESP-D 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

Faith in Neposh, or utter destruction? Easy choice, mate. We'll put our faith in your godkillin' god.

Annosus Merchant's Society to Church of Neposh (ESP-D 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Of course, sir.

To Ragnar Lodbroke (GM PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

I wouldn't really call them "fanatic." They're hidebound, and set in their ways. Change is generally disliked, and change that involves giving those they view as their lessers infuriates them.

Stat raising works by you doing something to justify getting more stats and then I roll dice based on how many stats you put into it to see if you get any. It's a pretty slow rate, I'll admit. Or you can get stats from stuff that happens in the game--making other groups part of your faction, for example.

Now that I think about it, you probably should have gotten some stats from other people joining your Party...I'll put that in the next EoT.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

IC
    OOC

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To the populace of the Mains [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The Church of Neposh would see the gangs that have terrorised your streets for the last two months, instated as the legitimate governors of your neighbour. These criminals should be on trial, not given the power to do as they please. Will you stand with us, as we ensure this does not come to pass?"
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-08-02 at 01:43 PM.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren

The representative of the Order of the Wren does not vote, claiming "I do not believe in democracy, or rule by committee.I do not vote."

To the Champions of Sovereignty [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Wren laughs, not mocking, but clearly amused. "A well-rehearsed speech. But immodest. There are men with all of the qualities you claim to possess."

"Certainly, they do not have the backing of the Champions of Sovereignty, but who is to say they do not deserve it more? Your divine spark you claim to have has not been an indication of a good king, as history tells."

The Wren leans forward, in a movement so sudden that James almost jumps "Think carefully before you answer. You are embarking on a path of blood. Men will die so that you can take your crown. Why are you more worthy than any challenger?"
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2012-08-02 at 03:23 PM.

26. - Top - End - #326

To Blackjack Boys
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm... How much of this anti-scrying ink is available?
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Image to come

Buy my music here

27. - Top - End - #327
    Pixie in the Playground

Militia of Order and Justice

Ram Revolution
    Spoiler
    Show
    There seems to be a misunderstanding, the Militia does not care for the Cathedral. We only wish to protect the people of the Mains.

Champions of Sovereignty
    Spoiler
    Show
    There seems to be a misunderstanding, the Militia does not care for the Cathedral. We only wish to protect the people of the Mains.

Church of Neposh
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Meeting

"We'll help, but... we do realize that there could easily be problems. I mean, the Technists guild has democratic for a thousand years, but democracy above a small guild level? We need to look at and learn from the mistakes of the Free citys."

He raises his hand.

To the Bookbinders guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    The presses we've bought aren't capable of industrial production. They're small hand presses. We're giving one to your representitive at the meeting in fact.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

29. - Top - End - #329
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Doctor Reynard (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Things will be done as he asks.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

30. - Top - End - #330

Mains to Champions of Sovereignty (1)
    Spoiler
    Show

We'll do what we can, but if the gangs could've been driven out we would have done it years ago. Too many desperate men down here.

Mains Gangs to Champions of Sovereignty (2)
    Spoiler
    Show

Don't mess with our turf.

Blackjack Boys to Lord Jove (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Got a fair amount, but we can't really give it all to you. Got to keep some for ourselves, you know. We could give you [two turns worth] for free, right off, but beyond that we'd have to charge ya.

Bookbinder's Guild to Technists Guild (4)
    Spoiler
    Show

No matter how limited, any press is too powerful a tool to be put into the hands of the ignorant. We will take a look at your design, but do not think for a second that this changes our judgement.

Spoiler
    Show

"Doctor Reynard" goes over your notes on Embler's operation, noting weaknesses and coming to many of the same conclusions that you already have. He is very wary of whatever is in that black box mentioned in Embler's letter, though, and suggests that you arrange to have the box stolen or otherwise neutralized before the main assault.

The man he called Rhyiss proves to be a quiet, competent man, moving through the devices you have collected and summarizing each of them.

"Flash goggles," he says, picking up a set of the strange lenses most of the Operators had been wearing. "Protect your eyes. Glass turns dark if too much light hits it. They'll turn clear again, but you should replace the lenses after three, maybe four uses. They'll shatter otherwise. Embler's probably got a big stockpile of spare glass somewhere."

A small gold brooch, filled with complicated crystal gears: "Silence bomb. Stops noise for a couple minutes. I don't like these things, personally--while they're on, you're deaf too."

A strange branch of twitching mechanical limbs: "Articulated sheath. Puts your sword in your hand if you so much as twitch at it. This looks like one of the older models...yeah, see, it doesn't have the scrub there. Any weapon that gets put into this thing, it had better be clean, otherwise you're going to foul it up."

"Cloak. Got some armor plates in it, but nothing special otherwise. Nice camouflage pattern, but that might just be from all the patches where it's been repaired."

"Oh, this is a nice one. See here? There's a pistol in the hilt. Small caliber, but if someone's not expecting it that might be all you need."

"This...uh...you said you got this stuff from Embler's men, right? Verdan Operators? So, uh...this is a boar spear, sort of. You stick it in the pig and pull on this cord, which sets off all these guns here. I've got no idea what Embler's boys might have been using it for."

"Grenade. Standard Verdan flayer. Won't do a damn thing against armor, but it'll tear right through people."

"Dragon gun. So named because the people who make them are optimistic bastards who think their guns can take on dragons. Merdallan knights like to use these like everyone else uses muskets, but most normal people put 'em on a swivel and mount them somewhere...yeah, see, it's got the screws for a swivel mount right here. Kind of useless in the city, if you want my opinion. Too cumbersome."

"Burner. Verdan incendiary. Got a little bit of that stuff the Ascension loves in it, the pitch that you can't put out."

"This...holy ****. Do you have a more secure room than this? Like, maybe something with reinforced walls, very far away from anything you like? Put this there and don't touch it. Ever. You should never have any reason to use a Verdan cussor."

"Smokestick. Light this end, starts smoking. Pretty basic."

"I think this is one of those acid-sprayer things, though to the best of my knowledge they stopped making those ten years ago. Acid kept eating through the container."

"This is...some kind of harpoon thing? A grapple gun? I don't know, it looks kind of flimsy. Sometimes the guys in Veras try to sell stuff that doesn't really work up to the Shattered Lands--warlords up here will buy anything. I'm guessing this is one of those useless gadgets."

"This is a compass. Yeah, it looks elaborate, but it's just a compass."

A silver-plated pistol with no visible firing mechanism: "Emberlock pistol. Spark-fire, with some custom modifications, unless I miss my guess. Maker's mark should be on the butt of the gun...holy ****. Look at this! Gensai, come look at this, they've got a Messenheiler. A ****ing original Messenheiler! What the hell is this thing doing in Sav Altulas? Lack's ****ing teeth, man, do you have any idea what you've got here? I will personally give you eight hundred gold for this. Imperial crowns, too, so you know you can trust the money."

"A ****ing Messenheiler. ****.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

IC
    OOC