New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Broken City

Wardens to Doctor Reynard (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

((OOC: Any mechanical bonus for all the equipment?))

"Well. I was led to believe that you're mainly here to take care of that box - you could coincide your operation with ours if it would help you, but we don't have the sort of infiltration capacity to ensure that we'd be able to touch it. Our scouts are experienced in sneaking around the Shattered Lands, not inside a city. Unless you have any better ideas?"

Kurt follows Rhyiss with sincere interest, taking notes on all of the items, no matter how useless they appear. He's pretty smart, having already noted a few things about them himself - aided by the fact that he had access to the reports of the people who saw them in action. Regardless, he doesn't mention anything in the presence of an actual expert, just smiles slightly when proven right or frowns when proven wrong.

"What sort of radius do these silence bombs have? And how much smoke do the sticks produce? Together those could be used to incapacitate an entire defensive position without using lethal force - useful sometimes."

"You think it'd be possible to design a mount for this Dragon Gun that'd allow it to be aimed high enough to take down aerial targets? Some people in the city are building airships, and are apparently pretty far along."

"What the **** is a Verdan cussor?"

"I'm afraid I can't personally sell Order property, though I thank you for the offer. A real Messenheiler, huh... never seen one before."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Bugbear in the Playground

Doctor Reynard to Wardens (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Doctor Reynard frowns. "Mm. Of course. I had harbored a small hope that perhaps you could grab the box for us, and thus avoid any complications should anyone discover Chancery agents attempting to steal an item that had been purchased by the Protectorate of the Blood, but it truly was a small hope, so I am not terribly disappointed. We will deal with the box, then. Do you have any maps of Embler's compound, by any chance?"

"The silence bombs don't go for more than five feet, unfortunately," says Rhyiss. "They're meant to be pinned onto the clothing of an operator and used to silence his movements, and him alone. Guards get weird if they stop being able to hear things. Good idea, though, if you can get enough of them to saturate the area, though I ought to warn you that doing so might be expensive. The smokesticks would certainly fill enough of an area for what you have in mind, if there isn't much wind."

"As for the dragon gun, I don't see why not. You'll see a lot of these on Imperial navel vessels, so there's some history of ship fighting there. Shouldn't take too much to bring down the sort of airship that people up here would be capable of building--no offense intended, of course."

"Cussors...they're hard to explain, just because of the scale of them. You look at this thing, and it's just a little metal sphere, right? Weighs maybe a pound, pound and a half, tops. Doesn't look like much. But you take off the safety--that's the little double cap here, you see? And you strike the fuse, and then when it goes off this thing could probably level a small building. I've only seen them used once, and I still have nightmares about it sometimes." He shook his head. "Was running on a rooftop in Tahmoor from an op gone bad, and some bastard Merdallan tossed one of these through the window of the building I was on. The roof and I flew half a damn block." He stops talking for a moment, remembering. "You don't want to use these," he says finally. "They're too uncontrolled for demolitions work, too heavy for personal grenades, and too expensive for artillery. A madman's weapon."

He sighs and puts down the silver pistol. "Pity you won't sell this. It's a damn fine piece. It won't load like a normal pistol, you understand--you don't need any priming powder. Just put the powder, wadding and ball down the barrel and you're good to go. Be careful with this thing. Messenheiler only made fifty of them before he died, and as far as I know only thirty or so have been found."

OOC: At the moment, you have the weapons and gear that you managed to salvage off the dead, which gets you partway there. If you can find Embler's warehouses, there are three or four different traits you could pick up, each with associated stat bonuses (Operator Equipment, Verdan Munitions and Black Powder Weapons II or III, depending on whether or not someone makes off with the good stuff before you get there).
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

3. - Top - End - #333
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

"Only old ones, from before the death of the Sorceress. So any modifications they might've done since aren't there. And considering we have them under siege, they've probably been making the area into a strongpoint for a while now."

---

"Five feet, huh... so if I wanted to hear things myself, I'd drop one down my boot - then I only have to worry about what sound my head lets out. I suppose with some experimenting you could find a sweet spot that covers your mouth but not your ears..."

"No offense taken, of course. It's not like I'm from around here." He grins. "Ain't exactly the cradle of engineering, more a hotbed of backstabbing."

"Wow. Oh man, I wonder how they work. If you can pack that much boom into that little space, you could probably do a lot of things."

"I don't think this piece will be seeing combat unless something goes very wrong. Sadly, I'll probably have to brief my superiors on the value of the thing." Kurt sighs and glances at the pistol one more time.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Dr. Vassari to Peacocks [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Can I ask you for some covert assistance in Little Zanchar. I would repay by continuing my aid in Elfwatch.''

[Requesting 4 ESP, giving 5 MAG, 1 MIL]
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty

To the Militia of Order and Justice, and the Church of Neposh
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Marvellous, that makes things a lot simpler. If the Church could just withdraw their protection of the gangs of the mains, everything will be fine."

"I have no particular problem with the church ruling the Mains, I just don't think the gangs can be considered a legitimate power. If the people of the mains decide to support the Church, I'll be glad for them, but the gangs need to be removed from power, and tried for their crimes."

To the Mains Gangs [2]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I do not recognise your claim to the Mains. You have let the neighbourhood descend into chaos, and commit crimes against the populace. I will be moving to restore order."

"Any of you who wish to surrender now, will be tried fairly, and the desperate situation you were in will be taken into account. Resist, and we will use lethal force to reclaim the neighbour."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-08-03 at 01:06 PM.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Barbarian in the Playground

To Blackjack Boys [pm]
    Spoiler
    Show
    that will be plenty for now. I'll contact you if we ever need more.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

7. - Top - End - #337

NinjaGuy

To Ilarym Empire [Roving Contract]

Spoiler
    Show
    Uncle, thanks for the treats you sent last time. They were great. I have a need for powder weapons. Flintlocks, not those matchlocks toys.
    I will pay half the price [next turn], and half the price the next one, when they are delivered. The weapons should enter via the northern docks, that I control. I will offer protection to the men.

On other matters, start making inquiries about acquiring a 25 wealth airship, or renting a ship for a lower price.

The crew must be completely trustable either way, I trust your judgement in that.

Your loving nephew, Henry.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Bugbear in the Playground

Doctor Reynard to Wardens (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

"Very well then," says Doctor Reynard, straightening. "We will do this the hard way. Fortunately, my boys are very good at the hard way." He nods to the Commander. "I don't expect you will be seeing me again any time soon. As such, good luck with your operation, and good luck with your city."

Peacocks to Doctor Vassari (ESP-D 6)
    Spoiler
    Show

Sure, why not. We'll have our people keep an eye on things for you.

Mains Gangs to Champions of Sovereignty (ESP-D 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

I think you might have gotten the wrong impression of the Mains, friend. We haven't done no "crimes against the populace." We are the populace. You want to clear the gangs out of Mains, you'll have to kill every man, woman and child in the place, 'cause so long as there's two people left here they'll be swearing blood oaths with each other. If your willing to try that, well, step to it if you think you're hard enough.

Roving Contact to House Wallen (ESP-D 9)
    Spoiler
    Show

Henry,

I've found a great deal on some military surplus flintlocks from an understanding legion quartermaster. They're a little used, but they make things to last around here so I don't think that'll be a problem. It's not really hard to pick up items like this at the moment--all kinds of crooked dealers and smugglers are down here trying to sell to the rebels.

Finding an airship might be tricker. I'll start making inquiries. Easiest place to get one would probably be Tahmoor, but the weather's terrible there this time of year so I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.

Take care.

Your loving uncle,

Orville

OOC: You'd never specified a name for this guy, so I just came up with one on my own. Hope you don't mind.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

9. - Top - End - #339
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Rebellion:

EBSA Meeting - "That's certainly a majority Constantine says, looking at the raised hands. "Should we open the floor for nominations for the council?"

Go Tigers!

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

i nominate the wardens be in charge of the defense of this great city. they do have the most experience in such matters.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Rams and Mallita
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you want the hand presses, come and pick 'em up.

To the Bookbinders rep
    Spoiler
    Show
    We give him the handpress.

The meeting

"Democracys happening? Well, jobs done from our view. We aren't governing types, so I'll leave ya to it."
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

EBSA

EBSA Meeting

"We nominate the Ram Revolution and Lord Wallen's party to equalize the new council with the people and the nobility. " He pauses "What should the number of members be?"
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

13. - Top - End - #343
    Troll in the Playground

"I would think at least 5, or no more than 9. It should be an odd number, to ensure that any disagreements can be settled by vote without a tie. In addition, I would like to nominate the EBSA, to ensure that the bureaucracy can handle anything that may occur, as well as keep us informed of current laws and customs so we aren't trying to fix things that are broken, and can respect current customs and traditions as much as possible."

Go Tigers!

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

The EBSA

Meeting

Dekan rubs his neck at the nomination "We will only accept if the rest of the council agrees, as we are supposed to serve the government- not be a ruler on it. It keeps us out of the politics for politics sake, and allows us to do are job to the best of our ability."
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

15. - Top - End - #345

NinjaGuy

After briefly discussing it with his allies, enry says:

"I second all nominations, including the EBSA. You started the meeting, there is no way you are weaseling out of this one."

After the laughs die, he continues:

"We would like to nominate the Mercantile's Guild. We need coin to get this city up and running, and nobody knows more about it than them.

We also think that five members, elected by everyone who chooses to support the new government, are enough to make this happen."

(He glances briefly to the Blackfist and Wren representatives when he refers to "Those who choose to support the new government")

"The rest of the factions should get to vote on who gets to send a representative. In my Party's case, I will say right now that I'm NOT going to be a member of the Council personally, but will discuss it with the members at closed doors, and send someone competent.

I don't believe in gathering too much power for myself"

"And want to give my allies reasons to follow me. It will be the first time one of them got so high." He thought.
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2012-08-03 at 11:34 PM.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Troll in the Playground

"I second the nomination of the mercantile guild." Constantine says "That's five nominations. Unless anyone wants to add someone else, I'll move to close the nominations process, and ask if anyone objects to the current five nominees - The Wardens, The Ram Revolution, Lord Wallen's Party, The EBSA, and the Mercantile Guild - being the council."

Go Tigers!

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

although he is not here, i believe we should officially sponser bloodhaven hospital and grant doctor vasiri am honorary place. his goal is a noble one and his work is good for the city

18. - Top - End - #348

NinjaGuy

"I'd prefer if everyone in the meeting voted, positive or negative.

That's the only way to make the Council legitimate.

And, no offense, it's called the Lodstom Party until we come up with a better name. I'm just the guy they chose as leader, nothing more.
    Please understand, it would be like me calling the Ram "the Richter group".

I would agree on the nomination of the Doctor, but that would make us 6 members. Making him an honorary member without a vote just wouldn't do.
    If we make him a member, we should choose someone else to make sure we don't end in ties.

I know the doctor a little; he is an honest man who wants to help the city, but dislikes politicking and bickering. I'm sure he will be delighted to help us as an advisor. We can always offer him a seat if he wants to.

About sponsoring his work, I agree completely, and I'm happy I'm not the only one who thinks like this."

To everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: The GM can always say that everyone who doesn't vote against the Council or abstains from voting, and doesn't have a clear reason for opposing like the Blackfist or the Wren, votes in favour.
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2012-08-04 at 12:23 AM.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

"I can't nominate myself, but I'm here if we need another member."

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

i nominate king james as the councils 7th and final member. despite a couple disagreements, i still believe him to be an honorable and just man

21. - Top - End - #351

NinjaGuy

"I'll have to say; the Doctor is the most popular man in town. Only him could land a position as Council Member without coming to the meeting.

And some people tought we were going to gather all power for ourselves!!

The Party agrees to both nominations.

I believe that adding more members would be too problematic for now, so I-d stop nominating people unless you want to drop others out.

Let it be said that we are sending messages of goodwill to all guilds; we'll contact all of you personally as soon as we are set up, and see what can we do to help."

22. - Top - End - #352

No offense, but is lord Wallen really the best person to represent all the nobles of this city? His family's history is not without blemish. They hardly have the respect of the other noble houses . I say this not out of spite or wish for personal power, but putting one of the least-loved families on the council above those who are far more... Respectable would have concequences. [OOC: they do have the negative trait disgraced]
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!

Image to come

Buy my music here

23. - Top - End - #353

NinjaGuy

OOC: You are right, Nyrt. No offense taken.

“You are not without reason, my lord. But the fact is that I am not going to be in the Council. The party will send a representative if we are chosen.
    I don't deny my family' ill-doing, and I am working to revert them. The fact that you are mentioning them now could be taken as an insult, if it wasn't coming from someone who has shown great concern over this town's well-being.

Lately, what the Old families dislike about me is my allies. I stand alongside most noble families of Lodstrom, Gleamers and Dai. Most of us are not great Houses, but are willing to negotiate and generate a new government.

The Old Families will try to steer the project towards an Aristocracy or an Absolute Monarchy, that nobody here wants.

That being said, let the meeting members vote.”

24. - Top - End - #354

Aye, but remember that your representative must represent both the old and the new houses. As long as we are ruled fairly, I have little objection.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Image to come

Buy my music here

25. - Top - End - #355
    Colossus in the Playground

The Blackfist man looks around the council and nods with a smile.
    "Sure, sure. For the record, me, personally, I'm against a council of any kind, but I guess you knew that. Also, I think the Doctor is a good person. But I'm one voice amongst countless thousands in this city, so my vote shouldn't exactly have much value.
    Well, then. Once you are done nominating yourselves without asking any of the populace..."
    Resident Vancian Apologist

26. - Top - End - #356
    Troll in the Playground

"The current nominations are fine by us. We will fight any force threatening the city as a matter of course."

Spoiler
    Show

"I wish luck plays little part in your endeavours."

After the men leave, internal security is given orders to try and find out what holes they used to infiltrate and plug them up if possible. No reason not to take lessons from the best.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

The Representative of the Wren yawns openly. "An interesting justification, House Wallen. You must not include people who disagree with you in your provisional government? No-one here would desire an absolute monarchy, or an Aristocracy. I question both of those statements. A compromise government, which is what this provisional government is, must include the points of view that you disagree with. "

28. - Top - End - #358

Heladuit Court

Def Esp: 4 (post in OOC didn't update it from last turn).

To Bloodhaven Hospital
    Spoiler
    Show

Why of course, we would be happy to fill such an order. Just give us a little more detail on your request, if you have any such specifics, and we will begin the work. I can assure you that the work will be of the highest quality.
    My last breath... ...is also my mintiest...

Avatar credit goes to a strictly platonic friend.

Former Avatar credit goes to Howl.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

To Heladuit Court & GM
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC: I've put 3 WEL in my EoT for buying various products of your tailors. I'mn not certain how it works - whether you need to spend WEL to produce them, getting some extra profit.

The way I see it, I'm trying to take advantage of your Nothing But Class Trait (which I assume refers to the quality of your work) to get superb quality, while you'll be getting advantage from the same Trait as profit margins for your exceptional quality.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

30. - Top - End - #360

Indeed, says Founder, nodding at the wren representative, then turning back to wallen, I have no desire to rule, nor for an aristocracy, though I see your point; some of the other houses might just want this city to return to where they are comfortable. I personally find that such a government leads to painfully dull politics. I will not begrudge you your allies, however I can only speak for myself when I say this. I do not know how the other houses will react.

That said, let us vote.
    Last edited by Nyrt; 2012-08-04 at 12:07 PM.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Image to come

Buy my music here