New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: Total War: Broken City

The Champions of Sovereignty

To the Militia of Order and Justice [2]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Success; marvellous. If you need my help with anything else, feel free to call me. First however we must deal with the Tong. I regret the casualties that have resulted from taking the time to gather allies against them. But now they can be resolutely dealt with."

To House Laurier [2]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I, and the Militia of Order, are ready to move on the Broken Arch. As I said before, the neighbourhood is yours if you aid me."

To Heladuit Court [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "How about Minister of Finance?"

To the Esoteric Society of Gentleman Explorers [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "It seems Daisong is being taken for us. All we need do is move there when the time is right."

"I am willing to fight for my throne, I know we will have dissenters, but I hope to gather enough allies that they give up peacefully."

"I see no reason not to do any of the things you've asked. Can you tell me more about the librarian, or rather his rivals, since you evidently dislike him? I will need a Minister of Magic eventually."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-08-07 at 11:45 AM.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already been implemting some basic safety regulations, but we'll work on improving them.

To the EBSA and Bookbinders Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    The hand presses aren't capable of industrial scale printing. Mostly, they're ment to print internal communications, memos and orginzational information internally. The only real public application would be the literacy program for next year, which might serve to increase your profits, as all we'll be printing is the basics.

To the Rams and Millita
    Spoiler
    Show
    We'll be sending the presses and the blueprints.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Blodhaven

Technists [OOC]
    Spoiler
    Show

Actually, I meant assist in compiling recommendations for safety procedures in all factories in the Smokeyards.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

4. - Top - End - #394
    Bugbear in the Playground

Church of Neposh

Message to ESBA
    Spoiler
    Show

Perhaps in a few months we will, but currently there is no law to abide by, excluding the laws of the Great Neposh. We are willing to set up churches to help you with the Great Ones beliefs, if that is what you are seeking.

Talk with Hearthfeather family (guessing a PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Your donations and work in the church has pleased those high in the organization. We have created a new postion "Leader of the Fist" to lead the Fist of Neposh when force is needed. Is there anyone in your family that would do well in this position?

OOC: I'm trying to recruit a VIP that can help with military actions

Message to Annusses merchant society (DESP 9)
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank you for the supplies. We have noticed that there is a lot of gang activity in your district. Is this something you need assistance with?

Sister Serina in the Bleak Cathedral (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

(I'm assuming she heard a voice in her head asking the question)
    Serina is awestuck by the number of bodies. These men wish to have their greatness honored, instead they are scattered around like childs toys, having been forgotten by the outside realm.
    My faith is what allows me to do great things. These people gave their sweat, blood, tears, and eventually lives for their cause. Now they've become unwilling pawns for the deamons that reside here. Uplifting this place to its rightful glory is our divine mission from the Great Neposh, and so our crusade will not rest until the evil that lurks in this place is banished, and these heros can move on to the eternal slumber they deserve.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To Bloodheaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    No problem, we'll get to work on it.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

6. - Top - End - #396
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Kylar DePoche
    Spoiler
    Show

We will be moving on to secure Dragonhead shortly. If you would work with us, things might go much smoother. Alternatively, we will not trouble you if you decide to depart.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Troll in the Playground

The Sausage Guild

To the Conductor
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have managed to locate the person you were interested in. Or at least his workshop. What do you want us to do now?

8. - Top - End - #398
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

HOUSE WALLEN (D Esp 5)
    To all the Noble Houses of the City
    Spoiler
    Show
    My dear Lords: I would like to invite you for a meeting that we, the Lodstrom High Society Party, are planning.

It will be of the most amiable nature, filled with fine food and wine, and we will have the oportunity to discuss our differences.
    A united nobility is better than a divided one; and we are wish top discuss how we can acheve that.

I realize my Family has commited mistakes in past times, but those times are gone. All I ask is for a chance to show you that.

We'll make sure it is an unforgettable night.

the party will be in Wallen Manor, in three nights.

Lord Henry Wallen.

OOC (GM only)
    Spoiler
    Show
    How is tha Matoff Family formed? Any children, marriable daughters, heirs?

To the Champions [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    What sort of position could I await in your Government?

To Ilarym Empire [Roving Contract]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We'll have to wait [one more turn].
    I'll save some money this turn, and make the delivery on next.

To the EBSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    That would extend your influence.
    We will allow it, if you allow us to open Party Houses in the neighbourhoods you control, too. With as little expense as possible, of course.

Provissional Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    "It would be amazing, that is an excelent idea!!
    My dear, tell me what support is necessary to take control of the Palace."

Madame Isabella Erhest Beteoui III, Council Representative for the Lodstrom High Society Party

9. - Top - End - #399

Esoteric Society of Gentleman Explorers [6]
    Public letter To all Provisional Council members
    Spoiler
    Show
    I would like to request that all factions not represented in the council receive minutes and transcripts of all provisional council meetings. Should we not receive these, we will make the reasonable assumption that you are planning to use military force against us and respond accordingly.

to EBSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    I personally have minimal objection, on several conditions. One, those working in the office must be hired from the neighborhood it is in, and two, that all factions not represented in the council receive minutes and transcripts of all provisional council meetings. Should we not receive these,we will make the reasonable assumption that you are planning to use military force against us and respond accordingly.

There is another problem as well. There is no place in these neighborhoods you could build them. As nearly all of the homes are ancestral homes of hundreds of generations, nobody would be willing to sell land to you, and should you seize personal land for this purpose, your true colors will be revealed.

To lord Wallen
    Spoiler
    Show
    I would be delighted to attend.

To the Champs [pm]
    Spoiler
    Show
    She is an archmage, who was once content to be librarian at the university, but when the Sorceress died, some enchantment broke and the whiplash drove her insane. Now she's bent on conquering the city, and saw the Mages Ubiquitous as a possible ally, fool that she is. The MU would not stop with Redress street, but would become irremovable from this city and pervasive in it's underworld. They would control the city in no time at all.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

10. - Top - End - #400

NinjaGuy

To the Gentlemen's Society
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll be delighted to see you there, if I can find time to attend!! Henry is seeing to prepare everything for the day

I'm witing this message to say I'll make sure you get transcripts, one way or another.

Isabella Erhest Beteoui III

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To House Wallen [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "How about... Minister of Culture and Communication? I'm open to other suggestions."

To the Esoteric Society of Gentlemen Explorers [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "In that case, I'll lend you my swords. Unfortunately the Tong demand my attention this month, but I shall be entirely free when they are dealt with."

"Can you keep an eye on the situation, and prevent them from causing any serious harm?"

To the Provisional Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Certainly seems like a good idea. I wish you the best of luck. My forces are busy dealing with the Tong."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-08-07 at 01:11 PM.

12. - Top - End - #402

NinjaGuy

To the Champions [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Sounds great. some seats in the King's council would be great too, but that dpends on what are you planning.

It looks like our little trip is over. I really liked this talk; and hope to repeat it some day."

Lord Wallen stepped out of the carriage, right outside his manor.

"Your Majesty, I wish you have a safe and very boring trip home."
    He said, while lending a hand to the young king to go up in his transport.

"I was planning to make a party to celebrate the new Government. If you have some time between sessions, please attend. It would be a good chance to present yourself in society."

"And one last thing: I might be the right man to guide the small houses. But the only man who should guide the Old Ones is you, as you are indeed the rightful King.

Never forget that, and don't let lesser men take your place."
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2012-08-07 at 01:02 PM.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution

TO: Blackfist Brotherhood
    Spoiler
    Show

Congratulations on ending those disgusting blood sports at the Arena. We in the Revolution would also like to enter a team into your new football league.

TO: Order of the Wren (D ESP 5)
    Spoiler
    Show

Do tell, which of "your" neighborhoods did I enter? No agent of the Ram has been in Lacks Own, The Tragic Court, or Castaways since before the Sorceress died - you are either accusing me of false deeds, or claiming that which you have not yet taken.

TO: Provisional Council:
    Spoiler
    Show

That is an excellent idea. Our representative will be there whenever it is decided we should start.

TO: Technist Guild (D ESP 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank you for the hand presses. Should you have need of our assistance, you have only to ask. Also, would you be able to create a large fan, capable of moving large amounts of fog or mist? I may be in the market for several in the future.

TO: The militia of All God's Hollow (D ESP 7)
    Spoiler
    Show

You have no doubt heard of the rise of our new order. Wee wish to extend membership to All God's Hollow. Not to take away your rights, but to add to them. All militia members could retain their job and continue protecting the people, and the Revolution would help to both protect, and improve your living conditions. I even have a plan to help clear some of the fog from your streets, if you wish.
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2012-08-07 at 01:06 PM.

Go Tigers!

14. - Top - End - #404

Gerald Neilson to Wardens (6)
    Spoiler
    Show

You will forgive me for being wary of continuing our operations in an area under your control. You have already attacked and destroyed one of our operations and seized equipment from it, and I would very much like to avoid that happening again.

Lord Matoff to Esoteric Society (4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Indeed, sir? Support from the noble House Founder would be more than welcome. This Lodstrom Party is nothing more than braggadocio and fools of puffed-up importance. They need to be shown where true power lies.

Bookbinder's Guild to EBSA (4)
    Spoiler
    Show

We will consider your advice. While lessening our control over print would be distasteful, it would also be less costly.

Silver Blood Gentleman's Association and Evening Games Club to EBSA (5)
    Spoiler
    Show

We have no objection, so long as you are able to keep the office tasteful.

Factory Managers to Doctor Vassari (6)
    Spoiler
    Show

Begging your pardon, your honor, but that ain't the way to deal with workers. You give them an inch, they'll go for a mile, that's the way of 'em. I mean, we're all for not losing good men to accidents and poisons, but who's going to regulate things? Who's to say that a process that makes more coin but takes more lives ain't to be used? We can't slow production just to make sure people are safe. Life ain't safe.

To Grimsage Matt (GM PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

I actually assumed you were sending the presses this turn, since some of your customers sent guards for them. I don't want to revoke the hand presses I gave them, so would it be okay if we assumed that this had already happened?

Hearthfeater Family to Church of Neposh (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

We have a few good tacticians that might serve, but I'm afraid the best we have to offer were killed by the Wrekans defending our homes in Heartsblood.

Annosus Merchants Society to Church of Neposh (4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Are you referring to the Empty Blood gang? We would really, really rather not talk about them. They are extremely frightening people.

Sister Serina, Bleak Cathedral (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Evil?

You misunderstand, child. You look, but you do not see. Listen to the dreaming dead and you will find no demons, only peace. Those buried here cannot be disturbed, cannot be raised, and cannot be touched by mortal hand. The necromancers that plague the graves in Mendicant's Field would have no power here, and nor should they.

These dead have chosen this rest, Sister. There is no greater honor, and there is no greater peace, than what you will find here. Who are you to say otherwise?

Kylar DePoche to Wardens (6)
    Spoiler
    Show

I am Ensigarim, friend, though that order has long disavowed me. I will not contest you if you should strike into Dragonhead, but if you wish me to work with you, I will require coin.

The Conductor to Sausage Guild (7)
    Spoiler
    Show

yoU hAvE? TRUlY? how unExpECTED. brING Him to MY TOWER, IF YoU wouLD.

House Matoff to House Wallen (4)
    Spoiler
    Show

We will be attending your party, have no doubt about that.

To Ragnar Lodbroke (GM PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Lord Matoff: Head of house.
    Lady Matoff: Lord's wife.
    Gregory Matoff: Eldest son and heir.
    Alicia Matoff: Younger daughter.
    Arthur Matoff: baby.

Uncle Orville to House Wallen (5)
    Spoiler
    Show

No worries, lad. Just gives me more time to make the arrangements.

Don't wait too long, though, the roads around here can get pretty bad come winter.

Hollow Militia to Ram Revolution (4)
    Spoiler
    Show

We'd be willing to join your order, we suppose, but honestly we don't think you know what you're getting into here. There's darker secrets than you could possibly know in the Hollow, and if I were you I'd steer well-clear. Leave us damned to our fate.
    Last edited by Zemalac; 2012-08-07 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Added missed response to Ram Revolution
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

Open Message:

Last month my forces, and the Militia of Order and Justice moved to restore order to the Mains, removing the stranglehold the Gangs had over the neighbourhood.

During the operation we discovered that the Blackfist Brotherhood had been providing the gangs with finances. They knowingly provided money to criminals, to further their violent and oppressive control over the populace, and endangered the lives of our peace-keeping forces.

I demand an explanation, and compensation for our losses. You can deliver the compensation to Dr Vassari, he is due it for his services to the city.
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-08-07 at 01:13 PM.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution

TO: Hollow Militia
    Spoiler
    Show

I don't believe in the damned walking the earth, with the possible exception of the Blackfist. I think that the city has overlooked those in the Hollow for too long, and you deserve the ability to live in safety as much as anyone else.

Go Tigers!

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren Esp-D 5

To the Ram Revolution
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Oh goddamnit, I misread my EoT. Now I feel silly.

I apologise for the earlier message. It was not of my personal hand, and was based upon misinformation.

However, I am aware of your operatives moving through All Gods Hollow. The neighbourhood is known to harbour some truly vicious killers. I intend to move my own operatives into the neighbourhood shortly. I give you this warning so that our respective forces do not accidentally clash, and cause a tragedy.
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2012-08-07 at 01:27 PM.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution

TO: Order of the Wren (D ESP 5)
    Spoiler
    Show

We also have plans for the Hollow, though nothing so important it cannot be changed. I propose a solution: Talk to those in the Hollow - if they will accept your rule, not only will I stand aside, I will help you to track down the vicious killers. In exchange, I would ask that you help me to do the same in the Pits. If the people of the area do not want you controlling them however, I cannot stand by and watch you force the matter.
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2012-08-07 at 01:39 PM.

Go Tigers!

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

To the Ram Revolution
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you will. What would you consider proof that the people would consent to my movement in?

As for the Pits, I agree, on the condition that you give me the same courtesy as I am to do to you. Show me that they desire your rule.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution

TO: Order of the Wren
    Spoiler
    Show

There are already Ram Supporters among the populace of the Pits - only the gangs (who are the very people we are seeking to rid the place of) are holding out due to their ties to those damnable Blackfists. Is that good enough? (OOC: I already have influence there, do you need more?) As to the Hollow, have you considered talking to the people? The Wren isn't a horrid organization, they're likely to accept you help in getting rid of the murderers. They're main organization is a volunteer group of militia - If you can get passed their deep seated depression they don't seem that bad. I assure you that if you contact them and they agree, we will hear about it. We have ears everywhere.

Go Tigers!

21. - Top - End - #411
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Gerard Neilson
    Spoiler
    Show

We only attacked Embler, who initiated the hostilities. That your operation was harmed was an unfortunate result, of course. But if you've done business in the Shattered Lands, you must know of the Warden Order. We have much experience in protecting shipments in the Shattered Lands against any sort of threat, and as mentioned before, while we might not be as skilled in the arts of infiltration and sabotage, those are not really the skills required here. And whatever you may think of our methods, the Order does not betray a client's trust nor go back on their word.

You leaving would be a big blow to the economy of this region, and certainly also costly for yourselves. We offer an opportunity for mutual benefit here.

Wardens to Kylar DePoche
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, how much coin are we speaking of?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

To Ram Revolution
    Spoiler
    Show
    Of course I had considered speaking to the people. I simply wished to clarify that would accept this as sufficient evidence. It is easy enough to sway some in a neighbourhood to your side, after all.

Regardless, if this is considered sufficient, I will of course, oblige.

Though, I assure you, Ram that you would not hear a word I say if I did not wish it to be heard. And my ears hear as far as yours.

The Wren

To the Hollow Militia
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings, brave men of the Hollow Militia.
    As you are no doubt aware, the Cult of the Blessed Mad is dead. They ruled over Lack's Own with a twisted combination of fear and madness. Now, I intend to bring my men north, to bring order to the Hollow. Will you accept my aid?

The Wren.

23. - Top - End - #413

Esoteric Society of Gentleman Explorers [6]
    To Isabella Erhest Beteoui III
    Spoiler
    Show
    My lady,
    You do me kind. I would be honored to attend, knowing your fair presence shall grace the event. I thank you also for providing transcripts of council meetings. You see, I would like to be assured that the council is ruling justly and fairly so that I can keep the old nobility from getting up in arms- metaphorically speaking of course- about not being represented.

To the Champs [pm]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you. I fear she may be planning something more... immediate, but with our antimagic we should be able to keep her at bay for now.

One more thing- find yourself a good royal genology, and pick a random king of old who looks like you.
    You see, most of the time, in Talidor, at least, kingship is determined not by who actually is of 'royal blood,' but whoever claims to be most convincingly- the longest one line of royalty ever ruled was three generations, before one of those 'long lost heirs' stepped in. Really, whoever can get the nobility to say they're king, is. Now, you can imagine that all changed when the sorceress came into power, but the old nobility families have long memories.

To Lord Matoff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Indeed. You have your support, as well as the support of the Pontiss, Jove, Holfeather, and Balathad families.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

24. - Top - End - #414
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by razovor View Post

Open Message:
    An open response

Yes, we did, and we are proud of it. Those gangs you claim are criminal oppressors are people of this city. They unite for mutual protection, support and friendship, as is the right of any person.
    And yet, you move into their district and kill their men. These men have families. They have jobs. They have children. What gives you the right to brand them unworthy of life?
    Yes, we support them. Of course we do. We will support whomsoever we need to make this city a better place, a place of freedom.
    As for Doctor Vasari: we already protect the doctor's life and his interests. Not out of compensation, but because he is a good man, doing good things. We will continue to do so.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Vassari to Factory Managers [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I realize your reluctance of giving anything to the workers. That’s way I propose to arrange it as you being forced to implement those measures by my authority as the city official. This would give an impression to the workers, that to get more stuff, they’ll need to petition the city, instead of you. So you’ll be able to leave it for me and ESBA to deal with their demands – and I promise you I recognize the valuable work you are doing and that some things ought to stay as they are.''

''I do not wish to slow the production. I promise that whatever regulations I’ll deem necessary, they won’t make the factories unprofitable, unless one is running a veritable death trap. If a new production process that is both inherently deadly and profitable is invented, then as long as the workers are aware of the risks, I have no problem with it. A man can chose to take up sword and face death daily in the army. A worker can chose to risk his life at the factory, to feed his family. However, a soldier should expect his sword not to break in the middle of the battle.''

''I believe myself to be a reasonable man, and I plan to engage some consultants to aid me in understanding how things work here. I should be able to regulate things in the district for a time, until a suitable official is ready to take my place. Your alternative is either mobs of the workers rising up at the call of the Anarchists revolution or United Labour Alliance offers, you wouldn’t be able to refuse.''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

26. - Top - End - #416

Chruch of Neposh

To Hearthfeater Family (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

We understand the damage the Wrekans have caused on your family. This position will be the first step toward retribution. It is your chioce on who should have the post as long as they are also loyal to the faith. But remember, they will have the job of leading the Fists of Neposh, and the Fists success will lead to quicker judgement on those that work against us.

Message to Annosus Merchants Society (DESP 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

We understand they are very frightening people. Faith can help people overcome their fears and accomplish great things. If you were willing to join our faith, then we could show you the physical might of the church.

Message to the Milita Order of Justice (DESP 6)
    Spoiler
    Show

We would like to apologize for the confusion last week about the Mains. We are a bit overly defensive about the Bleak Cathedral. To help rebuild trust, would you be willing to send some men in to Lead Ferrow to help quell the murderous and heritical Machine Cult that dwells there. We are willing to pay you 3 WEL if you send in 2 MIL to aid in the fight.

Sister Serina in the Bleak Cathdral (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

I am the Oracle of the Great Neposh, and you are partially correct: their bodies have the rest they deserve. However I do not believe their souls share the rest. They gave their lives to bring peace to the city, to protect their loved ones. If they could take a step outside they would see the distruction for themselves. The city has never been a more cursed place. Blood is flowing in the streets, and the people are scared to fight for their own freedom.

You say it is a great honor to be among these dead, yet if they knew how their sacrifices have done nothing to improve this city they would be furious. I think you have decieved them into believing lies about the outside world.

Message to the Blackfist Brotherhood (DESP 6)
    Spoiler
    Show

We have heard your recent letter, and I am supprised by how like our desires are. Many of the other factions in the city have already forgotten the oppression of the sorceress and the secret police, and how much bravery, strength, and blood it took to stand up to them.

Before we start sending the wrong messages, this does not mean we fully agree with you. We believe this city needs a centralized government to give it the strength to become great again.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mercantile's guild
    morale:3

to doctor vasiri
    Spoiler
    Show
    we will send a representitive to the meeting. i trust our donation made it to you safely?

to provisional council
    Spoiler
    Show
    we cant supply any soldiers as they will be more than likely be engaged in cutting down a massive smuggling ring my agents uncovered a couple months ago. we cant let that go on unhindered. does anyone have any intelligence personel to help me track them down?

with that said, we can contribute a small bit of funding to taking the palace

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

"Don't pretend to have the moral high-ground now. You deliberately hid your involvement. You knew the people wouldn't like you defending criminals."

"People living in such neighbourhoods are perfectly within their right to band together for protection. I wish those people the best of luck and good tidings until order can be restored to their neighbourhoods. These groups however, do not have the right to commit crimes, or acts of violence against those who are not members of their group."

"The Gangs of the Mains committed such acts, beyond that which could be accepted for people in their desperate position. The good people in the mains did not resist our efforts. Those that did, were concerned only with their own power and selfish desire. They gave us no alternate. We regret the unfortunate loss of life that was necessitated by their actions."

"Returning to the matter at hand; I appreciate that you are trying to do good, but you made an inexcusable mistake, and should pay for it. I once again demand you donate a significant portion of your own assets to Dr Vassari."

29. - Top - End - #419
    Colossus in the Playground

Blackfist Brotherhood

"We did not hide anything. But we also felt no need to announce it. That is not the same thing. What proof do you have of any real crimes? Is there any at all? We will continue to support anyone who stands up to those who would fight those aiming to rule others.
    This message is for everyone: ask for help, and we will give it.

You have a right to demand whatever you want, boy, just as you have a right to sit on a fancy chair and wear a crown on your head. But don't expect anyone to listen."
    Last edited by Eldan; 2012-08-07 at 04:12 PM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

"The gangs made little attempt to hide their crimes. There was more than enough evidence to justify our actions. And now that we have many of them in custody, witnesses are coming forward, the evidence is building up, and the full extent of their depravity is clear. You are welcome to send witnesses, to observe our courts in process."

"You said yourself, you already provide money to the good doctor. In which case I am asking nothing extreme of you. Instead of giving the doctor a sum of money every month, give him the source of the money. It is essentially the same, but you will not have the option to cease paying him, and use the money to bribe criminals instead."

"Please, I do wish for anything violent to come of this, but I must see you are discouraged from such actions in the future."

To the Provisional Council [0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I will be providing all of you with the evidence of the Blackfist supplying money to known criminals. Feel free to review it's accuracy."

"I request the council officially support the demands I am making of the Blackfist."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-08-07 at 04:40 PM.