New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: Total War: Broken City

The Champions of Sovereignty

To the Gear's Chosen: [2]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Off the top of my head? A reliable police force to counter crime in the district. Fair courts to handle criminal and civil disputes. Cheap hospitals for the sick and uninjured. Public works to revitalize the region; make sure everyone has a job, and access to essentials such as food. Obviously this is a lot of work, so it can be done over a reasonably long period."

"I'm not going to take a religious stance with this. If you think your designs need to be build, then I won't interfere. If you intend to use them however, I would see they're put to a use I agree with. I'm afraid I can't really give a general rule, it's going to have to be case-by-case. Ideally we would find a use that benefits your church, and my goals for the populace."

"As an example, the recent rumour is that you're working on a weapon of some description, and have plans to use it against one of your enemies. Must you use it against a particular enemy of your faith, or can we negotiate and use it against someone who is also a threat to order in the city?"

To the Blackthorne and Exodus Carriage Houses [2]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Is it possible neither of you hired the bandits? Perhaps they are acting of their own initiative, or are being hired by a third party."

To the North Drovers [2]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Okay, I'll keep my men out of the neighbourhood, and see about raising money to give to you instead."

To City Council:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Blackfist:
    "I'll see if I can spare any of my agents for the investigation. I may need them to assist against the Tong, or investigate a few things in the Stacks."

"Either way, we can move the trials to the Halls of Final Justice, and conduct them as a council, rather than just my faction."

The Librarian:
    "That seems to be three of us resolutely against the Librarian. If we can get another, we'll have the majority, and I'll move against them next month."

Daisong Palace:
    "I don't think that's a good idea. We don't want to give the impression you're in charge of the palace."

2. - Top - End - #482
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Chruch of Neposh

To Wool Street Gang (Desp 9)
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm sure you've been hearing the conversations the "Council" is having. Soon they will be striking across the city attacking any they do not approve of. They have also made obvious their disdane for any groups they consider a "gang" with the recent attacks in the mains.

We both share a common distaste for government control, and although they have yet to strike against you, they will eventually and after they begin there will be no assistance from outside. If you join us now and allow us to spread the faith in Neposh, we shield you from the "Council"s comming purge.

To Empty Blood Gang (Desp 9)
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm sure you've been hearing the conversations the "Council" is having. Soon they will be striking across the city attacking any they do not approve of. They have also made obvious their disdane for any groups they consider a "gang" with the recent attacks in the mains.

We both share a common distaste for government control, and although they have yet to strike against you, they will eventually and after they begin there will be no assistance from outside. If you join us now and allow us to spread the faith in Neposh, we shield you from the "Council"s comming purge.

Sister Serina in Bleak Cathedral (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you not think that the chaos outside these walls will not eventually come within? We do not wish to disturb the rest of those past, but if you disgard the outside world eventually they will get in a ruin what you have.

I admit, when I came in here I thought you were some deamon controlling the legions buried here. If you are the souls of these people, then perhaps we can help eachother. You wish to stay protected from the outside world and we wish to protect this place from blasphemers and heritics. Having the faithful assemble here would also allow you to continue to exist, although we would have to move the bodies on the surface to the lower crypts.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mercantile's guild

to champions
    Spoiler
    Show
    i assume you plan to begin investigating the gears chosen for info on their weapon? if you are then do not be concerned about the large amounts of money they will be recieving from me. it is just there to help lay the groundwork for their merger with me, hopefully it will also let them give me some information on this weapon

to the council
    Spoiler
    Show
    its a shame i cannot pledge resources to either the brotherhood or the cleansing of dialsong palace, most of it is being spent on fighting bandits and clearing the cities trade-routes through the shattered-land. i am also laying the groundwork for the eventual city-wide police force that will eventually be needed.

however, with all that said we support direct action against the librarian

4. - Top - End - #484
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is good to see that we have support in dealing with the Librarian. Unfortunately, the local guard organisations may not be capable of defending against hostile action (only ~5 mil), despite the Blackjack Boys' antimagic.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

5. - Top - End - #485

NinjaGuy

Council
    Spoiler
    Show

On Daisong Palace
    We will offer military help on taking the Palace, as long as it is made on the Council's name and is shared by all Council members.

About the Librarian
    How much military support would be needed?

The Trials
    We'll support the organization of the Trials in the Courts. That's what the Courts are for, aren't they?

Wallen and founder's little chat
    Spoiler
    Show
    I see. What do you think those mistakes are? I don't think I'm a fan of your teaching ways.

6. - Top - End - #486

House Laurier

Wallen Manor

"I myself grew up in Sav Altulas, though I visit Merdallan often. It's important that my children know their heritage. This city is decent enough. I won't pretend like it's anything grand compared to the southern lands, but at the very least there is opportunity here.

I figured I would attend your party mostly to meet and greet. At the moment the Lauriers are simply trying to bring order to Lomb Circle before trying anything more ambitious. But I would be happy to receive you for a visit if there was ever anything you needed help with. It is important that those of noble blood stick together in these uncertain times."

Esoteric Society of Gentleman Explorers [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do you manufacture the equipment yourself or is it imported? I would be interested in acquiring some, though it may have to wait a month or two.

Technist Guild, Mercantile's Guild [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We may be able to contribute some money to the project. As of now my family is currently trying to consolidate power in our district before trying anything too ambitious. It may be best for us to hold off in getting involved in the project for another month. I am sure this research will be a long term thing, however, so hopefully that's not a problem.

So Technist Guild, what other projects have you been working on that my household might be interested in? And this new school... if I wanted to train some of my men in this research stuff, would that be possible? Could you teach us your ways? The Lauriers are a mundane family, we have no magical touch. Technology may be our answer to stay competitive.

Oh, and I hear you have need for some agents to do a favor for you. What is it? Perhaps we can trade favors.

Merchant's Water [PM-Level]
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: So if it's in my neighborhood, do I have to spend a VIP for PM-level messages? They're right there, so I would think not. Especially since it's probably just a group of letters being sent directly from The Pond. If I do need to spend a VIP, however, I will. It's worth it to keep things private.

Just to note for your sake, I have the Foreigners trait that makes interacting with the outside world turn out better for my faction.

Craftsmen's Guild:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings. I am Alexandre Laurier from Sav Altulas. I have recently come into contact with someone who has close ties to your region, and I am interested in taking advantage of said ties to establish connections of my own in Lomar and the surrounding areas. The Craftsmen's Guild is legendary even here in the Shattered Lands. My own family is quite capable at hearing what we need to hear and being where we need to be, but one can never be too good at such things. I am greatly interested in sponsoring some of your best men to come to Sav Altulas so that my own people might learn from them. Who knows, maybe they'd learn something new to bring back to the Guild during their stay here. Would such a thing be possible?

Also, I am seeking information about a Mister Skeeve Redeye. Perhaps you have heard of him. [Insert description of everything we here know about him in Sav Altulas] He is quite a terrible criminal and it would be good to see his reign of terror put to an end. You are the best assassins in the world. Would you know any tricks that might help in dealing with someone like him?

Arypso, Lomar, Tyb, Buron-on-the-Water
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings. I am Alexandre Laurier from Sav Altulas. I have recently come into contact with someone who has close ties to your region, and I am interested in taking advantage of said ties to establish connections of my own. My family is very interested in gold and making more of it and to my knowledge there is no current avenue for your cities to sell their wares in the Shattered Lands. We may be behind the times, but there are plenty people living here that expanding your markets could be advantageous. I would be interested in pursuing trade relations for your specialty goods: coffee, tea, sugar, spices. And maybe in the long run a permanent trade route could be established between the Shattered Lands and the merchant cities. I was thinking either a physical road/trade route or establishing some regular airship trade.

I am also seeking general items of interest. It is rumored that your cities have access to some interesting alchemical compounds. Would there be anything of particular interest that you currently have available? Technology as well, if you please. It is important to me to stay caught up with the times.
    Total War Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestial Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:+++++ +++-
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++
    MOR:+++++ ++-
    ESPD:+++++ +++++ +++++ ++
    ESPO:+++++ +++++ +++-
    WO:+++++ +

Gobotopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    ADV:++
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++-
    ESP:+
    LOY:+++++ +++++ ++
    MAG:+++++ +++++ +++++
    MIL:+++++ +++++ +++++
    REP:+++++ +++++ +
    STA:+++++ +++++ +
    Lost Woods: ++

Greater Egypt
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:++
    ESP:++
    ECO:++++
    RES: ++
    MOR:+++++ ++
    WO:+++++
    REP: +++

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To House Laurier
    Spoiler
    Show

All will be welcome at the school. We hope that it can replace the university as a center of higher learning.

As for the favor, well, the gears chosen have developed some speical war machene to use on us. As we have few assets in the stealth department, we're intrested in seeing if anyone could be persuaded to aquire a copy of the plans for us. For purely defensive reasons. If we know how they're building it, we'll know how to counter it.

As for our other project, we're looking into making 'Aviation grade steel'. Basicly, a steel alloy thats a lot lighter and stronger then what we currently have. We've had problems with the weight for the airships, so it looks like a good soultion.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

8. - Top - End - #488
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution:
    TO: the Council
    Spoiler
    Show

The Revolution has a few military units that aren't currently under orders elsewhere that we can commit to clearing the palace/dealing with the Librarians. How much MIL do you think you will need to accomplish each job?

Also, I feel that the palace, as a symbol of the government, shouldn't be owned by any one faction after it is cleared out. Besides the fact that it would be difficult to decide who should run it if many people contribute to it's liberation, I feel that joint ownership by the council, and later the government that replaces it, would be a good way to show that this is a coalition of the entire city, rather than one groups bid for power.

Go Tigers!

9. - Top - End - #489

Esoteric Society of Gentleman Explorers [6]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh, I haven't the foggiest. I'm sure you've made a few. That's what politics is all about, though. You have to have someone to turn the people against, someone who you can show the people is worse than you. Don't tell me you're afraid of a little competition? Those chaps will make good sport for you."

To house Laurier
    Spoiler
    Show
    Some of it is custom equipment, but a good portion is imported, from Veras and other places, though it is almost all modified to be optimized for dealing with hostile magic.

The Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, that depends on whether we are merely defending, or actually taking action against her. She has powerful magic (OOC: I estimate at least 10, probably more around 12 or 13 Mag, maybe even more, and a powerful VIP.) The antimagic can take the edge off of that, but the most powerful can still get through. We can spare have several companies of guards (OOC: about 5 mil worth), but not enough to get through her magic. I would use our magicians as well, but I was planning on having them research more powerful antimagic for now. Any amount you could spare would be much appreciated. (maybe ~2 or 3 isn't unreasonable, but I dunno.)

If we were to take direct action, it might be best to keep it 'on the down-low,' so to speak, for now. I fear she may have ears listening in on this conversation.

And for the record, I agree with the Ram representative on the matter of Daisong Palace- it does contain the homes of a number of people, mostly servants, but nevertheless who have since been displaced by the dangerous magics.
    Last edited by Nyrt; 2012-08-09 at 04:42 PM.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!

Image to come

Buy my music here

10. - Top - End - #490

oblivion6
    Spoiler
    Show

RE: Hiring bandits: Yep. And even then, they wouldn't be the most reliable.

RE: Laheim: These guys are an out-of-city faction, so you will receive a reply during EoT.

Thelonius
    Spoiler
    Show

The main trading that goes on is taking in raw materials from the warlords and turning them info manufactured goods in the Smokeyards, which are then sold back to the warlords. There is some minor trade with the Protectorate of the Blood and the Illarym Empire, as well as Waterman merchants (who like to get trade routes to everywhere).

Gerald Neilson to Doctor Vassari (6)
    Spoiler
    Show

I had not heard that someone in Sav Altulas was working on constructing airships. If they could get a proper airyard up, that would make many things a lot easier for me.

Until that day comes, however, the River Tethyn will do. We can send our shipments up the Imperial coast, then up the river until we reach the city. Paying off labor unions at the docks would be irritating, but I suspect we would have to spend much the same in Guild tariffs if we were to use the Bridge.

I am, at this point, inclined to accept your proposal. I will stop by to look for a suitable location later this week.

Gerald Neilson to Wardens (6)
    Spoiler
    Show

Dear Sir,

I am making an amendment to my earlier statement that our operations would be staying in White Market. We will still be keeping a shop in the neighborhood in order to ensure our access to the markets of the Circles, but we will be moving our main shipping office elsewhere in the city.

Regards,

Gerald Neilson

Gear's Chosen to Champions of Sovereignty (2)
    Spoiler
    Show

We tried having courts, once. Those in the Gear who were not of our faith found issue with them. Every attempt we have made to try and improve their lives, to bring them closer to the true faith, has been met with resistance. We tend to keep to ourselves, now, though that is hard to do when even the sound of our holy machines infuriates those fools who prefer restful sleep over progress.

Blackthorne and Exodus Carriage Houses to Champions of Sovereignty (2)
    Spoiler
    Show

Aye, yeah. Someone else hired bandits to waylay the third black coach across Traitor's Bridge, specifically? Who else would benefit from that, I wonder? And then when that same cargo shows up a week later running on someone else's line, well, you got to ask some hard questions.

North Drovers to Champions of Sovereignty (2)
    Spoiler
    Show

Much obliged, milord.

Wool Street Gang to Church of Neposh (5)
    Spoiler
    Show

That's, uh. Hmm. Yeah, it does look like something along those lines is coming down the pipe, doesn't it? We'll consider your offer, though to be honest we're more inclined to accept the similar one offered by the Blackfist. Very little can touch us, up here in the Dancer's head.

Empty Blood Gang to Church of Neposh (9)
    Spoiler
    Show

We don't much like religion, on the whole. Gods ain't never done anything for us. You, though? Neposh? Man who up and kills his god ain't a bad sort in our mind. That's the kind of brass balls that we like to see.

You want to help us cut any Council soldier what sets foot in Annosus, that'd be damn spiffy. And if you ever need someone burned alive, well, you know who you can ****ing call.

Sister Serina, Bleak Cathedral (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Chaos cannot come inside these walls, dear Sister. Those buried here fought long and hard to earn their rest, and their bodies will rise up against any who dare profane that sleep. Your faithful may come and go as they please--certainly I will not mind, and I doubt the monks will, either. They have forgotten their gods, and fresh, hot faith will always push out the ashes where faith used to be.

But you will not move those who lie here. This is not a request, it is not a condition, it is a simple fact. You may add your own great names to their number, but these are the honored dead and they will be left to their sleep.

Merchant's Water (House Laurier PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Craftsman's Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

Dear Alexandre Laurier,

Certainly, something of that nature could be arranged. We already have a man in the area, in fact. I must warn you that it will cost, however. Many potential clients become somewhat discomfited upon hearing our prices.

As this is not an intensive job, we would be willing to train your people for [5 WEL] a month.

Regarding Mr. Redeye, I am afraid we have not heard of him. Our usual way of dealing with individuals of this nature is a resurrection dart soaked in certain magic-repellant compounds, delivered to the head at the furthest range we can manage. I am afraid that method may be out of reach for your House, however.

Should you ever wish to hire our services, simply let the local representative of the Far Isles Trading Company know. The information will get to us.

Your humble servant,
    Scrivener

Arypsian Foreign Affairs Council, Buron Foreign Office, Lomaran Commerce and Trade Advisory, Tybish Assembly
    Spoiler
    Show

It has been difficult to expand trade routes into the Shattered Lands in the past, simply due to the lack of organization in the area. Most people there are more than happy to steal our shipments rather than pay for them. If there is in fact a market for our products, however, and if we can arrange something that doesn't get raided into uselessness by the warlords, that would be very agreeable.

As for alchemy and technology, we have some fascinating compounds from the Boundless Isles that might interest you. Quite a variety of cosmetics, some poisons, medicines, certain oils with industrial applications, things like that. Along with those, we could get you access to any technology in the world, given enough money and time. Everything passes through the Water, one way or the other.

Lord Matoff to Lord Wallen: The Party's Party

"Ah, so good of you to notice my modest political efforts." Matoff chuckles into his drink. "I'm afraid I'm going to have to once again decline your offer to join your Lodstrom Party, old boy. Your heart's in the right place, but I still feel you're willing to give too much authority to the common crowd. You've got to have the training and vision to rule this city, not a head full of half-remembered cockamamie nonsense shouted by a soapbox orator. A proper education is needed--a thousand years of blood bred for leadership and politics is needed. That's what the noble class is for, old boy. Leadership. Take that away, let the populist mob have their say in the running of things, and you lose the vision of those who have been raised up to see above the crowd." He sighs. "It is a romantic idea, to be sure. Democracy. Constitutions. Compromise with the mob and survive. But if you take the nobility away from the top, remove our ability to make the hard decisions, the whole thing falls apart."

He takes another drink. "Still, for all that, you know how to throw a damn fine party. I'm having a lot of trouble seeing your father in you, old boy."
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

EBSA Def 5

Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    Daisong Palace- It was always our intention to clear out the Palace for the new government, we merely moved in to create a temporary quarentine to protect the people of the city. Military is useful, but I feel magic and anti-magic will of far more use to deal with the enchantments.

We must decide whether we want to deal with the Daisong Palace or something else, and bring all of our stats in to bear for a quick, decisive success.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mercantile's guild

the council
    Spoiler
    Show
    i cant contribute any resources towards the palace at this time. everything is working on helping the city in other ways...such as bandit hunting

13. - Top - End - #493
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution:

TO: the Esoteric Society of Gentlemen Explorers
    Spoiler
    Show

You say your mages are working on anti-magic. How long do you think it will be before their research bears fruit, and they and their discoveries can help us deal with the librarian?

TO: The Council
    Spoiler
    Show

Where to start seems to be a question that constantly plagues us. Defeating the MU and the Librarian seems as though it should be our main priority, as they are a direct threat to the city. However, I do not know if we are capable of defeating their combined forces right now - clearing the palace seems like a much more reasonable task. So I ask the council, do we want an easy task, or one that will be riskier, but might raise our standing with the people?

Go Tigers!

14. - Top - End - #494

To Ram Revolution
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, we already have antimagic. We are simply working to improve it for the future. (OOC: You will note that I have the trait 'Antimagic I'- I'm working on Antimagic II)

[edit]
    the Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't doubt that we could defeat the Librarian if each of you supplied whatever you can spare. Combined, I'm sure it could be done, but if you hold back, we may just lose our chance to save the city.
    Last edited by Nyrt; 2012-08-09 at 10:27 PM.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Image to come

Buy my music here

15. - Top - End - #495
    Troll in the Playground

Sausage Guild to the Ansigaris
    Spoiler
    Show
    Then we suggest the money changers as they are less organized, and thus a better opportunity for an organized patrol force such as the two of us to move in and pick up the slack.

As you are the public side of this partnership we suggest posting something like this in Changer's Row

"Tired of parting with valuable coin to pay for expensive mercenaries. Worried that your unscrupulous neighbors or even outright criminals will pay them more and steal your hard earned gold and silver.

Hire the Ansigaris today. Our rates are reasonable and our discretion and trustworthiness assured. Inquire at the Ansigaris headquarters in Dovel or in our soon to be opened branch office in Changer's Row for more information."
    We would of course fund and construct the initial branch office as our part of the deal. And provide patrollers as you gain clients.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution:

TO: Bloodhaven (D ESP 6)
    Spoiler
    Show

Would you be willing to open up a branch of your famous hospital some in our territory? I would let you choose your own location, or I can find you an excellent building in Rot's Borough, if you send me a list of what the building would need. I would also be willing to help finance the start up of the branch. We are trying to revamp these parts of the city, and a hospital is one of the next steps - the poorer section of the city has been without proper healthcare for too long, and these people will never be able to rise to their full potential without their health.

-The Ram

TO: Technist Guild (D ESP 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Would you be willing to open a branch of your school in our territory, or allow our students to attend? A proper education for all citizens is one of the most important requirements for democracy - even the poor should be able to go to school. We would be willing to grant you a piece of land for the building and help pay for the start up costs, if you wish to open a branch school.

Go Tigers!

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Rams
    Spoiler
    Show
    We'll expand it to there soon, but at this time wish to build up the main branch. However, we'll be glad to send steam wagons to pick up any who wish to learn in the meantime.
    OOC; Just sent in me EoT (Didn't think anything to major would happen), and I'll work on making my place the "University" and the district schools the feeder schools? Also, I'll send a adjustment that part of the expansion is some teachers heading out your way.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

18. - Top - End - #498

NinjaGuy

?Lord Matoff to Lord Wallen: The Party's Party
    "Very interesting words, milord. I thank you for comparing me with my father in such possitive terms.
    That is actually one of the reasons for my ideology. Sometimes, the accorn falls impossibly far from the tree. I believe our class should reflect that by giving initiative and sharpness further edge against pure tradition. I favor tradition, of course. But not above all.

I recall to have suggested a Constitutional Monarchy, which I believe is our best option. Other possibilities were discussed for the sake of negotiation. The Constitution would protect us from mad kings and the masses both.

Of course, it would be harder for us to actually enslave them, but it' not like we had or wanted that power in the first place..

I agree on something with you, despite our differences. We are the rightful leaders of the people. I have never said less.

But a good leader listens. A good leader makes sure that his subjects have a voice to speak.
    And, Gods forbid, a great leader gives them power to decide over their own lives, as long as they agree to work their part.

And, as you said, we have been bred to rule for a thousand years. I'm sure we can survive a Constitution and a Parliament.

That is what our proposal is about.

All the Houses in the Party have a voice to speak, and the Patrician. Is merely the First amongst Equals.
    The First Houses worked like that, and we thought it proper to revive the tradition.

I would like the oportunity to announce the opening of the Party to any Noble House that wishes to ask for membership, as long as they agree to join to the Neighbourhood Council in their place of Residence."

Spoiler
    Show
    Of course not! Competition is what the game is about.
    And it's not like they are being guided by a stronger, smarter force. I merely wanted to know your thoughts.

And about competition... Would you be willing to help us build Party Houses in Old Town and Risen Court? We are trying to get some friends in the up districts. We might be willong to offer you help if needed.

To Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Palace could be accomplished right now. Is there no negotiation possible with the Librarian?

19. - Top - End - #499

Esoteric Society [6]

wallen and Founder's little chat.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see! Your exchangw with lord Matoff did you good. You should agree with your rivals more often- I must say it is quite becoming, though you won't find me doing it any time soon. There is one thing, though. You say you should listen to the people, and this is true, but be careful not to be swayed by them. Who are they to know what's best when we have been taught and trained, born and bred to know what's best for them.

Don't be so quick to denounce your father, may he rest in peace. He was a good man, if a bit traditional. But then again, what is tradition for? It's tried and tested the best way of doing things, with very few exceptions.

And good lord! What is it with people and trying to build buildings? I'll tell you the same thing I told the other gentlemen; you can try, but it won't work. You see, the ols nobility won't let anyone work there who lives outside the neighborhood- they find the idea of people commuting in and out every day quite distasteful, and nobody in the neighborhood would be willing to work there. Also, there is nowhere to build. There is no empty land, there are no vacant lots- that would be unsightly. No one would be willing to sell you a building, either. Nearly all the homes are ancestral homes of hundreds of generations of nobility. All the restaurants and shops even, few though they are, are distinguished historical establisments founded over 100 years ago in some cases, and nearly that in most others, and have remained nearly unchanged for near as long. Change is not welcome in the old nobility. As I said, you may try, but your efforts are best directed elsewhere.

The council
    Spoiler
    Show
    Taking the palace will not be as easy as you think. The magic within is powerful, frighteningly so. Without our antimagic, it may be impossible. However, if each of you could spare a small amount to help eliminalte the Librarian, it would probably be possible to remove this threat, but if you hold back now, we might not be able to hold her back, and tou could lose your chance not just at eliminating this threat to the city, but also at Daisong. Once we don't have to defend against her magic, we will be able to lend our aid with antimagic.

OOC: GAH!!! GITP ate my
    Post again! Words cannot contain my rage!
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Image to come

Buy my music here

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Technists Guild [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Unfortunately, after my talks with the factory managers, it appears I won’t be needing safety report, at least for now.''

''I was wondering. How is the progress on the airships? Will we see an airyard build in your territory, any time soon? I believe it will be a great boon for the city trade.''

Ram Revolution [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I would be happy to open a branch of the hospital in your territory, but the issue lies with funding and personnel. Most of the Hospital’s profits go into keeping us supplied and paying salaries to the doctors. In fact, I’m dedicating a considerable portion of hospital’s budget to treating elemental damage, as rumours across the city are, that there will be fighting against ice magic using Tong and powerful Librarian of Elements.''

''As such, all the expansions in the Bloodhaven and opening of the clinic were made with funds, donated to the hospital by the generosity of Lord Wallen, Mercantile Guild, Order of Wren and Champions of Sovereignty.''

''I will see about expanding to your neighbourhood, once funds and personnel become available, but at the present moment, there are simply no resources for that. Your people can still visit the recently opened clinic as it serves the whole Runner’s City. Please inform me, if Order of Wren denies you entry, as our agreement was, that free access would be granted to all.''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

21. - Top - End - #501

Chruch of Neposh

To Wool Street Gang (DESP 5)
    Spoiler
    Show

Will you allow us to build small churches in your territory. It may allow us to give more assistance should the worst happen.

Empty Blood Gang (DESP 9)
    Spoiler
    Show

The issue comes from a fast strike. If they decide to move on you they may be able to do the damage before we can help.

Allow us to build a church in your territory. It will make anyone think twice before acting against you.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Colossus in the Playground

Blackfist Boys to the Wool Street Gang [6]

Spoiler
    Show
    While we are far from telling you what you should do, consider this when you read the Church's offer: we don't have anything to do with religion, we will never make demands, and we will let you worship whatever you want.

Your choice, though.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

23. - Top - End - #503
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution:

TO: Bloodhaven (D ESP 6)
    Spoiler
    Show

when you have the personal available for a new branch, please let me know, and I'll see what kind of funds we can make available to you to start operations.

TO: Wool Street Gangs (D ESP 7)
    Spoiler
    Show

Blackfists may not be religious in the normal sense of the word, but don't think that their help doesn't come without it's own costs, just like anyone elses. At least when dealing with the Church you know up front what they want.

Go Tigers!

24. - Top - End - #504

NinjaGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "But, Milord, I don't plan to make a ruckus sending strangers into the neighbourhoods!

I want to have friends and party members up there, as a part of the Party's political program. We want to be able to reach every noble House with our message.

We know what's best for the people, with few exceptions. But those exceptions are important. And I'm sure that a mind that has been bred to rule knows better than to be swayed by a few peasants, right?

And about my father... I mean no disrespect, My lord, but you weren't here. People said he drank heavily on parties, but the fact is that he drank the same amount every day. He wasn't "bad", in the same way a bottle full of wine isn't bad.
    His actions damaged my House. My Uncle and some of his other brothrs could've stopped the damage, but the fact is that they were obliged to follow him by tradition. You must see the truth in that."

The Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    "What would we do with the Magical District after the Librarian is gone? I think that is the heart of the matter."

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty

To the City Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Well.... we do have a distinct lack of powerful mages in the city. Perhaps the council should fund the creation of a magical university. I'm sure we'll be able to get some of the other factions in the city to help, if the resulting mages are free to work for any of us."

26. - Top - End - #506

Esoteric society of Gentleman explorers

Wallen and Founder's little chat
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, that is sad to hear indeed. You see, I only knew your father from political events, where he was often the most interesting company.

I rather think you have reached every house with your message. Look who's present here today- not everyone, but all the other houses will be just itching to hear what happened here. I assure you, your ideas will have spread after today.

The Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why, restore the University, of course. While the public school the Technists created is well and good, this city needs back it's most excellent institute of private education. Much of the nobility has expressed interest in funding the restoration and reopening of the University.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Image to come

Buy my music here

27. - Top - End - #507

House Laurier

Technist Guild [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Will the Mercantile's Guild be completing the aforementioned favor for you? If so, there is no need for me to attempt to do so as well. If you still need help next turn, my resources may be available if things go as planned this turn.

As for the airships, I want to talk to you more about them... in private. We should meet sometime next month. And I fully intend to send some of my household to your university once it's open.

OOC: I want to gain the Technology trait like you, if possible. I could start training next turn.

Esoteric Society of Gentleman Explorers [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I see you're planning to improve upon your existing equipment. Please let me know when you have done so - perhaps I will have available funding at that point to purchase some.

Merchant's Water [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Craftsman's Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is certainly pricey, but I trust that learning from the best will be well worth it. We would like to begin the training immediately, if possible. You can expect the money by the end of the month.

As for Skeeve Redeye, perhaps such a thing is currently out of our reach. Maybe with your training, however...

Arypsian Foreign Affairs Council, Buron Foreign Office, Lomaran Commerce and Trade Advisory, Tybish Assembly
    Spoiler
    Show
    How expensive would, say, an airship be? Or the plans to construct one?

You're right - trade from the Shattered Lands would probably be a total wasted investment. Until there is such a time that bandits and sellswords don't dominate the roads, we will not be able to rely on land-based trade. But I have a proposal. Airships are currently an advanced technology that is totally under utilized. House Laurier and your cities could earn great riches if we pursued the advancement and use of airships. It could take some time and quite a bit of money, but if we would be able to develop and construct a fleet of airships, we could use them for reliable trade. And if we're good enough about keeping the details behind them quiet, we could start producing them for the rest of the world to make quite a profit.

We could work out a deal, if you are interested in this. If you help us get our hands on a ship, we will work with a few of the locals to improve and perfect them for the sake of efficiency. And then your cities and the Lauriers will combine wealth to create our own fleet and revolutionize trade.

OOC: I guess patents are totally unrealistic. We could keep the details to constructing them secret, use some sort of spell to protect the secret to building them, or even just claim ownership of the rights to build them and enforce our claim with the Crafrtsman's Guild.

I am offering to take care of the research in exchange for great assistance in the funding part. I have WEA, but they have a lot more. Our combined efforts could make us a lot of money.
    Total War Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestial Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:+++++ +++-
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++
    MOR:+++++ ++-
    ESPD:+++++ +++++ +++++ ++
    ESPO:+++++ +++++ +++-
    WO:+++++ +

Gobotopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    ADV:++
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++-
    ESP:+
    LOY:+++++ +++++ ++
    MAG:+++++ +++++ +++++
    MIL:+++++ +++++ +++++
    REP:+++++ +++++ +
    STA:+++++ +++++ +
    Lost Woods: ++

Greater Egypt
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:++
    ESP:++
    ECO:++++
    RES: ++
    MOR:+++++ ++
    WO:+++++
    REP: +++

28. - Top - End - #508

Heladuit Court

At the Party

To House Wallen (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

"Unfortunately, we don't have any reason that that council would likely buy. I must say though, you uphold yourself to their expectations? I don't see why you would or should, they would only serve to hold you back. I'd be happy to tell my brother you desire his help, but only if I can be sure we get yours. That council, that laughingstock of a grab for power is of no interest to me or my family. Do as you will, be one of them if you must, but I have no reason to make my request more convenient for your friends at the council. If you cannot go through with my request, I cannot go through with yours.
    My last breath... ...is also my mintiest...

Avatar credit goes to a strictly platonic friend.

Former Avatar credit goes to Howl.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #509

The Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    Now, I would like to know about how much each of you can spare. so I can begin planning this. (OOC: I'd like to know If I need to spend my magic at this too, or if I can use that for research.)
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Image to come

Buy my music here

30. - Top - End - #510
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution:
    TO: The Council
    Spoiler
    Show

We can spare 2 MIL currently. Next month we should have more to spare however.

Go Tigers!