New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Total War: Broken City

To Heladuit Court [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    In that case, Milord, I don't think we can help. It would be seen as us meddling with the City's Civil War, when we want to bring peace.

And, honestly, you should heed more attention to what other factions think.

Government is im possible without consensus.

to Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We have a decission to make. Is it the Palace or Redress Street, gentlemen?
    As a member of the Council I can't vote to cause further damage to the city without trying to talk it out first.
    Wether this Librarian woman manages to take or not Redress Street will not give her Power to take the entire city [In a turn].

The Palace would be something we can achieve now, and it would give us further edge in the city.

My vote goes for the Palace.

My voice is not the only one, though, and we will help in any case.
    If the decission is to destroy the Librarian, Lodstrom Party will offer [2 mil, 2 mag] to help, as long as the rest of the Council, as well as our Lord ehre present, manages to offer at least [5 mil] and [5 Mag] more. I will not send our men to a carnage.
    We would require a safe way to pass through the neighbourhoods and the places we control, but that can be easily arranged.

We will offer [2 Mil] and the Commander of our forces, Ser Wallenstein, to help secure the Palace if necessary. If you choose to talk to the Librarian, I will send the forces I described before to the Palace."

VOTES:
    THE LIBRARIAN: 0
    THE PALACE: 1

ALREADY VOTED
    Lodstrom Party [Madame Beteoui]

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    ForzaFiori, I don't understand if you mean to vote for the Palace, the Librarian, or both. So I didn't include you in the Vote List.

Open message to town
    "Lodstrom Party has heard of the damage that the Magic Civil War is causing to town. We will offer shelter for any mages of good-will that wishes to come and help our cause."

The Party's Party
    Lord Wallen looked at the Ball Room, while he talked with Lord Founder.
    The mansion looked truly magnificent. The nobles were having a great tiime, though he saw the webs going thiker by the minute.

A lot of things were going to be decided that night. It was going to be a complex evening. And he had no way to see what was going on until next day.

And then there she was. Madame Beteoui arrived with fanfare, directly from a Ciouncil session. She was a bit tired, but she was the live image of Nobility.

Nothing she said for the night would be a secret, of course. She always had at least 5 or 6 guests around her, talking about the most varied matters.
    And that, in a quiet moment. It was common to see her surrounded by 10, maybe more.

However, Lord Wallen saw the guests laugh. And some tended to nod more than Wallen had thought possible.

"Nobody knows to thread webs like her" Lord Wallen thought. "If anyone can pull this off, she is."
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2012-08-10 at 07:31 PM.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution:

TO the Council
    Spoiler
    Show

I agree that we should go after the Palace now. that will give us time to assemble our full force to face the Librarian, in addition to the hopes of a peaceful resolution. Regardless of what the council chooses, however, we will contribute 2 MIL, led by General Krodok.

Go Tigers!

3. - Top - End - #513

NinjaGuy

Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    VOTES:
    THE LIBRARIAN: 0
    THE PALACE: 2

ALREADY VOTED
    Lodstrom Party [Madame Beteoui]
    the Ram Revolution [Constantine Richter]

4. - Top - End - #514

Esoteric Society of Gentleman Explorers [6]
    The council
    Spoiler
    Show
    lord StigBalathad winced as the votes came in. This was not looking good.
    "I just have one more thing to say. This is to highlight the primary difference between the Librarian and the Palace; The palace is well contained within it's walls and will not move against us, whereas the Librarian can. In addition, I'm still unsure if taking the palace would be as easy a task as you seem to think it will be. Also remember, If you help with the librarian now, we will be able to help you with the Palace later. (OOC: If I could get 2 mil, I should be able to pull at least something off.)

The Party
    Bennet Founder helped himself to some more hors d'oeuvres. That Beteoui woman sure could talk. It really was a shame how quickly she had people clinging onto her words. Clearly they didn't understand the reality of political parties.

After letting the results of the Council meeting drift through the crowds and sift through the fine filters of the noble rumor mill, he began to think. Hmm... he thought, This might prove to be interesting after all.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

5. - Top - End - #515
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ansigaris to Sausage Guild (4)
    Spoiler
    Show

We'll get right on that.

Wool Street Gang to Church of Neposh (5)
    Spoiler
    Show

Sure, build your church. Can't guarantee that anyone will come to it, but build away.

Empty Blood Gang to Church of Neposh (9)
    Spoiler
    Show

Right on. We'll try not to tear it down, aight?

Wool Street Gang to Blackfist Brotherhood (5)
    Spoiler
    Show

Not sure where you heard about that, but all they're doing is building a church. We're not about to flock to join 'em, but if anyone wants to do so we ain't about to stop 'em.

Wool Street Gang to Ram Revolution (5)
    Spoiler
    Show

Gods in a ****ing ditch, can everyone read our mail? What the hell is going on here? Gonna have words with that courier boy.

Merchant's Water (House Laurier PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Craftsman's Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

Perhaps.

Master Jeweler will meet you once we have received your first payment. He is an expert in the craft; give him all due respect.

Regards,

Scrivener

Trading Folks
    Spoiler
    Show

Purchasing an airship outright would run you about [30 WEL]. We apologize for the high cost, but we do not make them here ourselves, and must make some profit from the transaction. The plans for the same would be about a third of that, as all we would be selling you is paper--albeit paper imported from far-off lands with complicated mechanical workings drawn on.

As for long-term airship trade, you idea is quite a novel one. However, we do have to ask if you have considered the dragon problem. There are known to be a few of them in the mountains, and frankly we tend to doubt that they would take kindly to sharing the skies.

Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mercantile's guild

the council
    Spoiler
    Show
    i can not contribute anything at the moment so it doesnt matter to me, but the librarian is a bigger threat to the city at the moment. i vote for direct action against her.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty

To the City Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I vote for direct action against the Librarian next month regardless of whether or not we can secure the palace in that time."

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Bloodheaven

To Agia Lonecutter, Sakel-Doge, Cord Witchbrother, Maximilian Greaves [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

[I’m sending this ''message'' this turn, so I’ll be getting an answer the next one, as per rules]

As caravans the warlords send in to deliver raw materials arrive to the city, they’ll see the tapestry advertising Triphage Untima, some of the would probably go for a visit. I expect both the tapestry and the decorations in Triphage Untima Vasari commissioned will impress warlord agents with their quality.

Vasari’s trusted people will approach them and set up the following offer in the relaxing accommodations:

''Would you be interested in expanding your trade to acquiring tailor work? Decorations? Soldier’s Uniforms? Royal Clothing for your great lords? That can be arranged. You can have several samples of the work to display to your master.''

[Okay – as you said, every bully boy in Broken Lands sees himself a king. And every king would wish to flaunt his wealth and status, especially, when he has to prove himself the rightful king. I see a good market for quality cloth, with Warlords rushing to outdo each other in how majestic their clothes, palace decorations and soldier uniforms are.]

[P.S. Since I’ve checked what is currently being exported and it was just raw materials, this would be a new trade opportunity.]

''You should also know about Bloodheaven Hospital. It's run by a brilliant good doctor, who may be of assistance, if some malady is afflicting important personage of your court. You can ask anybody in the city to confirm, that the Hospital has saved many lives and is well respected.''
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-08-11 at 07:05 AM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

9. - Top - End - #519

Heladuit Court

The Party's Party

Meredia finished her conversation with the Wallen she had spoken to, and was chuckling slightly at it. Looking around, there were a couple obvious socialites at the party, such as the Beteoui woman, and a couple people who spoke too damn loud for their own good, such as the Matoff man. Listening closer to what Matoff had to say though.... she couldn't help but agree with his views.

"Good to see sanity has remained among the noble class* she thought. (And you can obviously hear her thoughts).
    My last breath... ...is also my mintiest...

Avatar credit goes to a strictly platonic friend.

Former Avatar credit goes to Howl.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #520

Turn 4 Results
    September, 1032 DR

The Sav Altulas Standard
    The Most Impartial Monopoly You'll Ever See

Sponsored by the Bookbinder's Guild

What follows is the month's contents of the Standard, summarized in reports on your desk, with occasional excerpts included for context.

Mercantile's Guild guardsmen have been patrolling Imperial trade routes through the Shattered Lands, keeping the worst of the bandit raids off of the caravans. It is said that while doing so they found signs of Skeeve Redeye's work, disturbingly close to Sav Altulas.

A massive crackdown on smuggling across Traitor's Bridge has left many smugglers looking for other, safer options.

The Fist of Neposh continued its fight against the Esoteric Order of Uncorrupted Designs, this month supported by the Ram's Republican Army. Despite having a significant numerical advantage, the combined efforts of the Fist and the Rams did not gain any significant ground against the machine-cult in Lead Ferrow.

Order of the Wren foot soldiers are now patrolling the streets of All Gods' Hollow, with the blessing of the Hollow Militia. It is known that they do not go out onto the streets in groups of less than three. Rumors abound that they have brought in Doctor Vassari to examine something that they found in the Hollow.

The Provisional Council, led by the EBSA, has begin clearing the remains of Desoui's enchantments from the Palace.

Into the Lair of the Sorceress!
    Spoiler
    Show

The EBSA has scrounged up some former palace servants to act as guides for the Council’s expedition, in the hopes that they will, perhaps, be better able to recognize patterns in the now-shifting nature of the structure. At the very least, the theory goes, they might be able to spot the more dangerous enchantments coming and warn those that they are with about them. The former servants are understandably nervous about going back into the Palace—most of them barely escaped with their lives and sanity intact in the first place—but they are also entirely willing to help get the place back to normal as soon as possible, though they do have a tendency to laugh bitterly when anyone suggests that the process will be at all easy.

The troubles start as soon as the party passes the threshold of the main gate. The gatehouse, which from the outside appeared to be no more than ten meters in length, takes the Council team a full two days to fail at getting through. The wide path beneath the portcullis and between the massive doors simply extends on, seemingly forever as they at first stride confidently, then march, then stumble through it. Finally, after nearly running out of food, they turn back, and exit the gatehouse after a bare handful of steps, stumbling out into the light approximately (according to the guards at the checkpoint there) ten minutes after they had left.

After day to recuperate, a second attempt is launched, this time with the mages carefully smoothing out reality as the party advances. It is surprisingly rough going, with the magic being used to restore the gatehouse to the usual flow of time interacting with the decaying defenses on the entryway in strange and very often dangerous ways. The walls close in suddenly, throwing people together; the floor jumps up a violent and abrupt foot; the portcullis begins to sing depressing folk songs.

Once clear of the still-unstable gatehouse, the Council team finds itself in Regency Courtyard immediately beyond. Careful observation of their surroundings reveals that the sun is traveling backwards across the sky, and that the hellish light emanating from the well in the corner may, in fact, actually be coming from Hell. General Krodok and Ser Wallenstein meet the first wave of demons head-on, giving the mages enough time to seal the portal. During this fight the location of Regency Courtyard shifts three times, twice to various points along the outer wall and once to the exact center of the Palace, where Desoui’s private garden usually resides. The courtyard itself seems to be holding together in one piece, however, and as such it is deemed suitable for a base camp. During the night the seal on the well-portal is breached from the other side; the second wave of demons is fought off mostly through luck, as Regency Courtyard shifts position back to its normal state in front of the Gate of Nine Crowns, leaving the demons stranded somewhere on the other side of the complex.

The next few weeks are spent solidifying the connection between the gate and the courtyard beyond, to stop the base camp from randomly skipping throughout the rest of the Palace. The mages describe working with the decaying enchantments to be akin to trying to hold back a poisoned waterfall; relentless, always pushing with enormous pressure, killing you by inches by the mere act of passing over your skin. They work day and night and during times that have no meaning outside the palace grounds, channeling incomprehensible energies and bargaining away years of their lives to mysterious creatures, slaving away under sun and moon and strange stars that burn with light darker than soot. The work leaves them exhausted and spent, but by the end of the month they have purged the wild magic from the gatehouse and the courtyard, giving the Council a path straight into the Palace grounds.

Thanks to a relentless campaign of public works, those areas of Runner's City controlled by the Ram Revolution are now markedly better than the rest of the lower city.

The Technists Guild wins the football tournament organized by the Blackfist, and takes home both the trophy and the fame of victory.

The Blood Games Begin Anew!
    Spoiler
    Show

Welcome ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, to the game of the century! This is the final match of the Blackfist Football Tournament, and as such excitement is running at a fever pitch! On my right we have the team from the Technists Guild, who have thus far won every game they have come to with military precision! One might almost say that they play every match like clockwork! This team is a well-oiled machine, ready and willing to play in the finals today!

On my left we have the Guild's opponent today, the boys and girls from Annosus, sponsored by the Empty Blood gang! Thus far they too have not lost a single match, and, in fact, have been the only ones to survive every game they've played in! Give them a warm round of applause, everybody, as I'm told they've been taking down the names of everyone who doesn't!

And here we have the referee meeting the team captains in the center of the field, for one last going-over of the rules. These are very simple, everyone! No magic, no weird devices, no animals, no blades longer than six inches--

The Empty Blood team captain is making a move, ladies and gentlemen! It looks like...

And the ref goes down! That seems to have been the signal for the game to start, as I'm seeing both teams moving down the field towards each other now...

Those prisoners that the Blackfist have deemed to be real criminals and not just political agitators or petty thieves have been given a choice: exile outside of the city, or remaining in prison. Very few chose to remain in Gatehouse Prison.

A new advertising campaign designed by the Heladuits and paid for by Doctor Vassari and the Peacocks is attracting many more visitors to the Triphage Untima. Painted Court, Elfwatch and Little Zanchar are quickly becoming the vice centers of the city.

It is well-known in the criminal fraternity that Bloodhaven Hospital has a good supply of morphine.

The Vilenus Tong has been absolutely crushed by the combined forces of House Laurier, the Champions of Sovereignty and the Militia of Order and Justice. The overwhelming nature of the victory has added to the already-impressive reputation of those factions.

It is well-known that the merchants and factors of Sellscroll's Maze now work for House Laurier.

Arcane Mysteries Await!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Incense drifts through the air from bowls of jade and silver mounted in skeletal claws. The woman looming tall above the table wears an ornate robe, hood thrown carelessly back and sleeves rolled up in a businesslike fashion. On the table before her are the basic instruments of the magician’s trade; scrying bowl, a pair of wands, mortar, pestle, and a handful of mysterious and strange substances. On the wall behind her, carefully framed in brass and covered in glass, is a paper bearing the seal of the University Arcana, words written in shimmering ink proclaiming her to be a master magi of the third order.

She scowls at the interruption as you knock on the door. “What?” she snaps out, not moving from the table. “Come back later. I’m busy.”

Arcanan Contact discovered in Sellscroll's Maze.

House Laurier now controls the entirety of the Lomb Circle district, and as such gains the district Influence bonus.

The Drovers Associations of Stockyards North consider themselves to be in debt to the Champions of Sovereignty, and are repaying that debt with prime beefstock.

New chapels dedicated to Neposh have been built in Annosus and Dozen Dancers.

It is known that the Church of Neposh has in its possession a powerful magic sword.

The Lodstrom Party is gaining influence and support among the nobility and middle classes.

Warden troops have moved into Orange Crown and Dragonhead, intent on clearing out the painted elf gangs and the Hath Poisoner's Society, respectively.

Gerald Neilson, executive assistant to Lucas Deplorian, has moved Deplorian's shipping operations from White Market to Little Zanchar. This has had less of an impact on White Market than it might otherwise have, thanks to an influx of Warden coin to take up the slack and attract other Verdan mercantile concerns.

Without investment and calming words from the Wardens, the situation in White Market could have had the potential to be very bad. As is, quite a few more locals than usual are unemployed as they are no longer needed to work Deplorian’s warehouses, but the Wardens’ coin is attracting others from Verdan to fill the gap—notably Kerriglass Messenger and Delivery, the Illum West Trading Company and one of Deplorian’s main rivals, Arthis MecLochire.

What Cunning Devices Are These?
    Spoiler
    Show

The equipment on sale here can barely be contained within the shop, and is mostly displayed under expansive awnings that crowd the street outside. Rickety engines, goggles of all kinds, respirators in both the Grey City and Verdan styles, and strange winged contraptions of dubious effectiveness jockey for space in front of the grinning, grease-stained man selling them. Each device bears its maker’s mark somewhere subtle, telling all the world which of the mad factions of Verdan created it. Here is Deplorian’s stylized half-gear, right next to the rising sun of the Ascension Monks, piled on top of MecLochire’s bear head and Gibbons triple claw and Elliphas’ circled E and dozens, if not hundreds of others. It is all, for the most part, trash, failed experiments or knock-offs of sparks of genius that are so commonplace now as to be considered mundane. Deeper in the shop, in a back room glowing with wards that threaten to strip the marrow from your bones if you put a foot down wrong, is the good stuff. The merchant shows it to you willingly, knowing who you are and who you are buying for. Here are emberlock guns emblazoned with gold and silver; here are Verdan cussor bombs, held suspended in casks of some strange gelatin in the hopes of absorbing the force if they detonate prematurely; here are clockwork birds and arcane locks and other, wilder things pulled straight from the fevered dreams of the tinker-mages and sold to anyone willing to buy. This, the merchant says with quiet pride, is Veras. This, here, is Verdan.

Verdan Contact discovered in White Market.

The Ansigaris of Dovel are expanding operations into Changer's Row, backed by the Sausage Guild.

A man putting up posters for the Militia of Order and Justice in Annosus was publicly burned to death by the Empty Blood gang.

The combined forces of the Esoteric Society of Gentleman Explorers' Home Guard and the Blackjack Boys are known to have suffered heavy losses while trying to force their way into the Dead Campus. However, rumors of a larger assault are beginning to fly, and many mages are considering deserting the Librarian's side.

The EBSA now has official "favored client" status with the Bookbinder's Guild.

New EBSA field offices have been built in Silvathrien, Tailorway, Lodstrom, Gleamers, Elfwatch and Painted Court, as well as one floating on the lake just offshore of Old Face and Risen Court.

Fighting continues in Dappled Court for another month as the Heladuit Court breaks out the big guns. Silversmith Guild members present in the neighborhood are fortifying their shops.

Rumors of mysterious creatures tunneling through the depths beneath Gilded are unconfirmed at this time.

There are very vague rumors that an assassin from the Merchant's Water is in the city.

The Gear's Chosen have declared that the Ram Revolution is heretical, following a failed attempt to steal the Chosen's plans for whatever war machine they have been building. Violent plumes of steam can be seen issuing from Chosen workshops day and night.

Brief skirmishes have flared up between the Worldbreaker gang in Old Jack's Run and the Dreumont in Icy Mont.

Dark rumors are circling that someone has discovered the lair of Skeeve Redeye in the city. The thought of him in Sav Altulas is quickly beginning to cause panic to take hold in the Lower City.

we don't cry
    Spoiler
    Show

They opened the door more cautiously this time. Long sticks were used to probe every inch of the frame, and heavy gloves worn when the lock was picked and the handle was turned. Sure, it made the delicate work more difficult, but better that than what had happened to Olaf, who was still recovering in the clinic. One prick was all the opening that the poison had needed. A large part of their job today was to make sure that opening never happened again.

"Clear," whispered the point man. "Door's unlocked. Doesn't seem to be anything on the latch. Stand back, people, just in case there's something I've missed."

The other four people who had been crowding around him edged back. All of them were dressed in dark, comfortable clothing, designed for maximum maneuverability. The shrouded figures of hidden weapons could be seen on all of them, strapped in easy-to-reach places. They were professionals, and they were going to make damn sure that this was a professional job.

The point man turned the handle, and froze as a little click sounded in the alleyway. When nothing further happened he let go and gently nudged the door open, revealing a thin needle sticking out of the lock.

"I thought we disarmed that," said the point man, examining the pinprick where the needle hadn't quite made it through his gloves.

"We did," said one of the others, frowning at the handle. "That shouldn't have happened."

The point man waved it aside. "Be more careful next time," was all he said. "Get a runner to the boss. Door's clear and we're going in. Put your game faces on, people."

The team slipped past the open door and went down the steps, into the basement apartment. They moved like cats, with all the stealth of natural-born predators, no noise betraying their coming. It was not hard, therefore, for them to hear the sounds coming from the next room.

"Oh Taborin, uncaring judge, release me from these bonds," the voice was babbling, riding the ragged edge of despair. "Taborin, great and mighty, release me from this suffering, oh gods above, let me go, let this sight pass from me, let me go..."

Threat? asked one of the team, with hand signals.

Possible, signaled the point man. Hostage? Threat? Caution. Agent one, two, clear left, three, four, clear right. Go on three.

"Oh Taborin, what have I done to deserve this?" said the voice from the next room. "Let this sight pass from me, oh great one, oh gods make it stop looking at me!"

Three.

Two.

One.

Go.

Despite the dramatic go gesture, the door was opened very carefully, for fear of further traps. And, indeed, there was one.They cut the tripwire before proceeding, disarming it easily enough.

The room beyond was cluttered and dark, with no windows, the shelves lined with various knives and tools and alchemical equipment. A narrow bed had been pushed up against one wall, carefully made and unslept in, sitting opposite a workbench crowded with old experiments set aside. At a table in the center of the room was a man, sitting with his back to the door that the team came creeping through; and opposite him, seated in a chair on the other side of the table, was a simple wooden mannequin, with streaks of red paint running down from the brief hollows indicating its eye sockets. In the dim light pooling from the now open doorway, the paint looked like tears of blood.

"Oh gods," said the man seated at the table, not turning. "Hello? Is someone there? Sweet mercy, is someone there?" His voice was high and panicky, on the verge of hysteria.

"Who are you?" asked the point man, speaking quietly, a short sword in his hand. The team spread out behind him, weapons drawn.

"Voice. You aren't him," said the man, and gave a shaky laugh. "It doesn't matter who I am, man. I'm long damned. Get out of here while you still can."

"What do you mean by that?" asked the point man, scanning the room for threats. Aside from the man in the chair and the mannequin, there didn't seem to be anything remotely sinister--though admittedly, the darkness could be hiding a veritable army and he would never have known.

"He told me," said the man in the chair. "Told me what would happen. I can't look away. He was right about my son, he was right about the house, he was right about the sickness and death, he was right about everything, and he said that if I look away, it will kill me." His voice was matter-of-fact enough that the point man stopped examining the room and started looking at the table in its center. The mannequin, no matter how suspiciously he stared at it, did not move.

"Boss," said one of the team, staring at a map pinned to the wall, "there's a mark on Quarter Street. Right here. My old man lives there, boss. Why's this bastard got a mark on Quarter Street?"

"Shut up," said the point man. "What will kill you?" he asked the man in the chair, for formality's sake.

"There's one on Woodrow, too," said the agent at the map, sounding almost mesmerized. "Where those girls showed up with all their bones gone in '29...and another in the Burned Square, and you know what happened there...why's he marked the place my da lives?"

"Shut up," said the point man again.

"That," said the man in the chair, barely lifting his arm to point at the wooden head. There was not much meat on his bones--he'd been down here a long time. "You can see it watching me? I'm not crazy. I can feel its eyes, waiting for me to slip." His arm fell. "I have not blinked in years, it feels like. He pinned my eyelids back at first, and that was helpful--oh, he's such a kind man, to be sure--but the stitches have given out and I don't know how much longer I can last..."

One of the dark-clothed operatives moved into the man's field of view, stepping around behind the mannequin, staring at his face. His expression didn't change, but she recognized him just the same.

"Holy ****," she said. "Luke, it's him. It's the judge. Old Dreynor, the one who vanished last year--Ebsah's greyboys were looking for him all over, remember? I thought I heard that the Heartspears had taken him..."

Judge Dreynor, turned his gaze to the dark-clad woman and smiled, sadly, the expression obviously painful due to the cuts and stitching on his face. "Not them," he said. "That would have been easier."

And then he screamed. His chair toppled over and he was on the ground, writhing, hands clutching his throat, face slowly turning red, then purple, then blue as he tore at his neck as though being strangled, unseen hands choking the life from him, the mannequin still sitting in its seat across the table, entirely unmoving, watching, drinking in the screams...

for the gods that die

Mail and Behind-the-Scenes

Warlords to Doctor Vassari (6)
    Spoiler
    Show

There are many letters received in response, and an equally varied number of reactions from the agents your people meet in person. Most of them are entirely favorable, with Sakel-Doge being the most interested in fantastical clothing and decorations. Of the rest, only Cord Witchbrother seems to think that purchasing clothing simply to impress people would be a waste of time; however, the people (and other, stranger things) he has working under him are just as receptive as the rest. Possibly more so, in fact, as many of his troops are bird-men that may have a few scraps of magpie in their blood.

Bounty Board
    All prices listed are in t.WEL unless otherwise stated, and will be paid out immediately upon confirmation by the bounty poster.

Skeeve Redeye: Poisoner, serial killer, alchemist, dollmaker and rumored demon.
    2 from Agia Lonecutter, 6 from Illarym Empire (up 1 from last month)

Unknown Raiders: Whoever stole the Imperial weapons meant for the Wardens from the caravan delivering them to the city.
    2 from Imperial Trade Ministry

Blackfist Press
    1 from Bookbinder's Guild

Technist Press: 4 to anyone who destroys the press blueprints designed by the Technists Guild.
    Posted by Bookbinder's Guild

Unknown Murderer: Whoever killed the people found dead at the opening of the Wallen Wing at Bloodhaven Hospital last month.
    1 from Doctor Vassari

Turn 5 Begins
    October, 1032 DR
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

IC
    OOC

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Technist Guild

To the Merchents Guild/House Laurier/Rams
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've finished the Blackpowder weapons research. We'll be sending gear soon.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mercantile's guild
    morale:4

to the technists guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    how is the blackpowder weapons research coming? i will pay 5 wealth upon my recieving of the tech. we might also be able to provide some coin for the joint airship project.

also, within a month i should have complete control of the gears chosen so no need stressing over their new weapon.

house exodus and blackthorne carriage houses
    Spoiler
    Show
    i would like to meet with a representitive from your 2 houses. i have some information that you might find very interesting.

to doctor vasiri
    Spoiler
    Show
    the wall-space is yours. i have been stepping up security measures in the area so it should be safe.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the mercantile's guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    We currently have Blackpowder weapons II. As this partial stems from our factories dedicated to them, we'll keep you supplied for the next 2 years (4 EoTs).

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #524
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution:

TO the Technists:
    Spoiler
    Show

Excellent, Krodok has been eagerly awaiting this day. Let us know what we owe you.

TO Order of the Wren
    Spoiler
    Show

Does our deal still stand? Will you help me sweep the gangs out of the Pits?

Go Tigers!

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mercantile's guild

the guild would like to encourage everyone to be vigilant and on guard, for we can confirm the rumours of a merchant water assasin being sighted within the city. his target is unknown.

house laurier
    Spoiler
    Show
    do you know anything about this assasin from the craftsmens guild? i figured since you have contacts over there you may have heard something

to imperial trade ministry
    Spoiler
    Show
    i am about to begin hunting some of the various bandits on the notice board, and since i owe you money i was wonering if you could just put any of the bounties i may earn towards reducing my debt to you?

to GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    i hope the assasin wont take offense to my announcement? i figure he probably only cares about the business and wont seek revenge.

also, could i hire one of them to murder one of the warlords and make it look like another warlord was behind it? basically put their armies and bandits against eachother instead of me.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren

To the Ram Revolution
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perhaps. I fear my investigations into the Hollow have brought the attention of Redeye, and I do not want to take risks with such a man. However, I am loathe to fail to honour an agreement, so I will see what can be done. The Hollow was taken without a fight, and I do not want to see the job half-done.

The Wren.
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2012-08-20 at 02:58 PM.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Pixie in the Playground

Militia of Order and Justice

Champions of Sovereignty
    Spoiler
    Show
    I would like to call on your assistance once more friend. The Militia wish to rid Annosus of the Empty Blood gang. We had given them a warning which was met by murder.

Sincerely,
    High Watchmen Kos

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Provisional Council

Dr. Vassari entered the Council Chamber, dressed in an impecable white suit, bowing to other representatives he took his seat, until his time to speak has arrived.

''I apologize for missing so many of the Council Sessions. It appears that due to a clerical error, I wasn’t actually notified that I was elected as one of the representatives. I’ve actually learned about it only recently by a rumour.''

''Unfortunately, the demands on my time are quite taxing and this position clearly requires undivided attention. So I will serve in this capacity only temporarily, until another representative of the Triphage Untima District can replace me.''

''Now, I would like to raise two issues before the Council.''

Proposal One: Council Street (Important for House Laurier & Church of Neposh)
    Spoiler
    Show

''As with every nation, the key to wealth and prosperity has always been good roads. They are like veins in the body, the commerce flowing through them like blood. Our city has grown sluggish and our blood spoiled under the previous government. We need to start moving again.''

''I would like to propose, that to stimulate commerce and safe travel in the city, the Council creates a new street that would run through the city. It would be a well-maintained, wide road that would be easy to travel, a great convenience for foreign merchants and our own citizens, with lights and watchmen posted for security, as well as a separate lane for coachmen. I have also heard about something like steam wagons, existing in Verdan. Perhaps our Technist Guild can come up with something similar as means of public transportation to run there.''

''The street will start at the Traitor’s Bridge and pass through the Lomb Circle, thus making it easier for visiting merchants to access the markets there. Then it would go through the Old Town to the Halls of Final Justice and Daisong Palace, where the government of the city resides. Then it’ll turn to Triphage Untima, ending at the Little Zanchar that has attracted much business in the recent months.''

''I believe this ''Council Street'' would send a signal to the people of Sav Altulas, that we are working on improving their lives and contribute to the Council’s prestige.''

Financing

The members of the Council will each contribute 1 WEL, House Laurier and Church of Neposh should contribute 1 WEL, as the street would pass through their neighbourhoods and thus benefit them.

Proposal Two: Diplomatic Service
    Spoiler
    Show

''I’m concerned, that the current chaos in the city may send a signal to powers outside of Sav Altulas that they can come in and take over for us. Empire or Warlords, I don’t think we should discount such possibility. I also note that under the Sorceress the relations between Sav Altulas and our neighbours weren’t properly maintained and we have secured proper advantages for our merchants and citizens.''

''I would like to propose, that we train a cadre of ambassadors and dispatch them across the Shattered Lands, with a simple mission. They would make sure we have more allies, the enemies in time of trouble. They will keep us informed of all important developments in the region, at least in time to be able to react to them. And they’ll work to protect and nurture our trade interests, ensuring that wealth flows into our city from the products of our factories and craftsmen.''

''I would like to ask Lodstrom party to act to protect the interests of the city in this case, as they have already shown great political and diplomatic acumen and who, if not noblemen would know protocol and be able to play the game of politics.''

''I would also propose that Mercantile Guild works with Lodstrom part in attaching men to the diplomats, who know, what the merchants of our city need accomplished to foster trade.''

''And of course, who if not ESBA, to supply the new diplomatic service with functionaries to keep records and prepare documents.''

''Finally, the Wardens can contribute to defence of our embassies and ambassadors, as well as demonstrating the strength of our soldiers to make it clear, we won’t be an easy prey.''

Organization:

[OOC: So Lord Wallen, ESBA, Mercantile Guild contribute a couple points of MOR to train diplomatic corps, Wardens add either a bit of MIL or MOR and I’ll throw a bit in as well.]

Blackfist Brotherhood [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I would like to offer to support the football games of Harrowing Fields. Certainly the games can be made more accessible and comfortable for viewers and be held weekly, with a city championship game every three months [3 Turns].''

Peacocks [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

I would like to make two proposals.

First, we can support the football games at the Harrowing Games, to make them the most popular event in the city. Such major event would make gambling on the outcome much more exiting. And certainly, we can expand into this sphere of business easily, if we are supporting the games.

Second, you must have heard the news of the smugglers being driven out. Perhaps we can offer them a new venue of operations, which would allow us to take control of them. I would be against truly vile things, being smuggled into the city, but as for the goods, that do no real harm, I see no reason not to allow it. [I’d like to keep to lighter crimes, no worse than current Peacocks operations].

[So, they put some WEL & ESP, I put some WEL & ESP.]

Gerald Neilson [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I’d like to discuss a potential business venture with you. Now as I understand you are supplying the warlords of the Shattered Lands with various devices. I expect many of them eventually break, due to misuse by the unskilled hands. Which of course allows you to sell more devices. But certainly, instead of bringing brand new wares all the way from the Verdan, some broken devices can be fixed, perhaps given a new paint job and a tweak or two so they could be sold once more, if not to the previous buyer, then to another client.''

''Of course the only people, who could do such repairs, would be craftsmen in Verdan or the machine Cults in Sav Altulas. The first are far away and costly, and I suspect wouldn’t wish to move here without considerable incentives. The second, are… well religious and far too interested in stealing your secrets. Now I believe, I would be able to supply a group of men, skilled enough in technical sciences to preform repairs, but not enough to steal your secrets, untainted by religion and willing to work relatively cheaply right here. You’d buy back broken scrap from warlords, have it repaired in Sav Altulas and then sell it back at good profits. I’m certain this arrangement will give you a hand in ousting Arthis MecLochire from the local market.''

Little Zanchar

Doctor walked the streets of Little Zanchar, in his white suit. It screamed ''target'', a dangerous thing, considering, there were still remnants of the Bloodcap Gang about. But it was also a statement about power. He wasn't afraid to be targeted. At least in places, where he was confident, he'd survive the attempt.

Vassari paused at the stall with a varaiety of pastry. The woman behind it bowed deeply, bringing up a basket with hot steaming pies. ''Your grace.'' She made an awkward attempt of passing it to him. Vassari accepted the basket smiling in return. ''My son. He's been foolish. Running to Worldbreaker's Gang. He's too young.'' Vassari took her hand in his, squeezing her hand gently. ''I'll see to it.'' The woman burst in tears and words of gratitude, making a scene, before a guard standing watch on that corner beckoned her to calm down and release him.

He continued to walk, while a thin, spindly man joined him, so naturally, it seemed they've always been walking together. ''There's a talk. Bloody Fingers, a small fry gang, thinks about robbing the hospital. Should they be made an... example?'' Vassari considered it for a moment, before replying. ''I'll deal with it personally.'' The spindly man nodded and then stepped off into a narrow, barely visible passage, as if was never there.

Vassari passed by a new warehouse of the Gerrard Neilsen. The passing market guards viewed their Verdanish counterparts with visible unease, as they passed by. He'd need to talk talk with their captain about change in attitude, or at least in the patrol routes. But first there were three meetings to attend, two of them with living men and one with a dead one.

Mercantile Guild, Heladuit Court, Silversmith’s Guild [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

In a restaurant in Little Zanchar, the merchants and craftsmen of the city meet, invited by the Dr. Vassari.

''I would like to discuss with you an issue of trade and profit. Our city’s craftsmen are without equal in the Shattered Lands, yet where one can find the goods they so meticulously produce, but in Sav Altulas? Why are we not exporting the work of our artisans, showing the world the glory of their skills and bringing wealth to our pockets and prosperity to our city?''

''I have here a list of correspondences as well as notes on meetings with many of the Shattered Lands wealthy and powerful figures, who would be willing to purchase the tailor work of Heladuit Court and jewellery of the Silversmith’s Guild. Why not supply to satisfy their demand?''

''If you find this proposal of interest, we need to do several things. There will need to be an expansion of the production, without loss in quality – a difficult endeavour, but one I believe our fine artisans are capable of achieving. The ready goods can be shipped by the skilled merchants of the Mercantile Guild in case of large or particularly expensive orders. Meanwhile shops for the less expensive, individual items can be opened in the Triphage Untima, where visitors to our city can spend their coin.''

''What do you think of it, Sers?''

Chronicles of Dr. Vassari

The body was placed on the table in the Bloodhaven Hospital. Vassari examined it closely. He’s been there, when the man died, to his shame, temporarily shocked by the spectacle in front of him. But once the horror wore off, he moved quickly to examine the body and document everything he witnessed.

He saw many men slain by magic in his time as a traveling doctor. Was it demonic magic? A terrible compulsion, implanted in the mind of the poor man, by combination of torture and drugs? Something else entirely? Time to find out.

Melissa was there to assist him. He trusted her to be professional and she had to learn such things. The body presented a horrible visage, he wasn’t certain many of his students would be able to remain as calm as she did. He was right in choosing her as his prime student.

''Can we make the body… more presentable, after we are done?’’ she asked.

''Why? He is entirely beyond such concerns, I assure you.'' answered Vassari.

''For his family.’’ Melissa answered, a look of pity in her eyes. How did he miss that.

Vassari stopped to consider her words. Family. He never had one, thus he didn’t even think, that this cadaver on his table might mean something to somebody. Would he have a family one day? He never entertained such thoughts before, but could he perhaps one day, after… No, not right time to think about it now. First things first.

''Of course. I’ll try my best. Please, send Mishka to find, if Judge had any living relatives''

GM [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Can you tell me a bit more about factions in Drueger Grounds – are they criminal gangs? Who is Telen Kosh? Defeated? Brotherhood of Flowering Rose?

Can I use ESP mid-turn (mentioning it in EoT) to send a secret communication to one of the factions via your PM Box. It’s actually part of an EoT action, but since it involves a communication I’d rather talk it out.

From my Chronicles of Dr. Vassari:

1. Trying to determine what killed the Judge. I think my VIP as a doctor, can do it.

2. Did Judge have any relatives?
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-08-20 at 03:20 PM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

19. - Top - End - #529

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Silversmith's Guild

To the Heladuit Court, the Mercantile Guild, and Dr. Vassari
    Spoiler
    Show
    That proposal seems very in our interest. We were working on expanding our business in the Dappled Court, and with the addition of shops and forges there we would likely be able to meet this increased demand. Obviously to do this, however, we would need the Heladuit court to stop their war within that neighbourhood.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Troll in the Playground

Provisional Council - Proposal Two
    Spoiler
    Show

While the Wardens could guard diplomats in foreign nations, I think it would be a bad idea to have us present in any talks with the scum holding court in the Shattered Lands. There's decades of bad blood there. I couldn't guarantee the results.

The only way Wardens talk to Warlords is with pointy bits of metal. That's the sole reason we exist.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Proposal Two: Diplomatic Service

Vassari considers the statement by Warden's representative, before answering:

''Well, since Wardens can’t protect our dignitaries, this task can be given either to the Militia of Order and Justice or Champions of Sovereignty, if they would accept such charge.''

22. - Top - End - #532
    Colossus in the Playground

Blackfist Brotherhood to Dr. Vasari

Spoiler
    Show
    The current plan is, in fact, for there to be championship games every months (every turn). The stadium will furthermore be open every weekend for friendship games and training. Everything will be free to watch, so that should not be a problem.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Vassari to Blackfist Brotherhood [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Would you then allow renovations and improvements to be made for the stadium? And assistance in conducting the games?''

Market Guard [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I would like to propose a little business expansion. As you know, the Blackfist Brotherhood is planning to hold monthly games there, with free attendance. This would mean regular large crowds, who would be inclined to snack on something, while they watch the play. Is there some dish in the Zanchar cuisine, that can be easily held in hands and complement the watching of the games, without distracting from them? I think we are missing a perfect opportunity for profit, by not offering such service.''

[I’m counting on Little Zanchar having a Trait of ‘’Zanchar Cuisine’’ that can be used here.]

24. - Top - End - #534

Blackfist Brotherhood [6]

Spoiler
    Show
    That would entirely depend on the kind of renovations and assistance we are talking about. And while we think you are essentially a good person, doctor, we would still need to very carefully supervise what would be going on there to avoid tampering.
    Currently, the stadium is in all likelihood beating every other place in the city in numbers of people gathered in one place. It has to be safe.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Vasari to Blackfist Brotherhood [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

I’m not certain, why you would think I’d try to endanger lives of the people, I have worked to heal. Bloodhaven Hospital works on a break-even principle, if you think I’d try to make people sick to earn some profit. The less people require my help, the more time I have to just relax and enjoy life.

You are free to supervise anything I or my men do. I’m happy to shift all responsibility to your shoulders.

I also hope, you’d send political prisoners to Bloodhaven Hospital for a check-up. I don’t expect their health is in a good way, after years of imprisonment.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-08-20 at 04:27 PM.

26. - Top - End - #536

Blackfist Brotherhood to Doctor Vasari [6]

Spoiler
    Show
    We do not distrust you specifically Dr. Vasari. But we distrust many of the people in this city. Even if your intentions are all the best, can you say for certain that none of your people can be corrupted? That not a single worker on the planned station improvements will be a spy? Don't take it personally, Doctor, but we can not afford to trust anyone.

Sending some of the former prisoners for health check-ups, however, is a fabulous idea, and we would be thankful if you could help us with that. Furthermore, we have several dangerous prisoners remaining in their cells. If you would be willing to provide for something, we would be all too happy if they, too, could be given access to basic services.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2012-08-20 at 05:17 PM.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mercantile guild

to doctor vasiri, silversmiths guild, heladuit court
    Spoiler
    Show
    sounds like an interesting proposal. i could easilly ship your goods

proposal one
    Spoiler
    Show
    i am not opposed to such a road. i can probably contribute up to [6] WEL this month.

however, we would also need to train a group of guardsmen to protect this road. these guards would have to be loyal to the council and not the individual members.

proposal two
    Spoiler
    Show
    i can probably find some good men to work on fostering good trade relations. i suggest we find a way to atleast lessen the chaos in the lands surrounding the city so we dont need to spare dozens of men to protect every single diplomat or ambassador sent out. my troops are doing what they can but there are to many bandits out there for me to handle alone.

shipwrights guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    i would like to commision a fleet of ships from you.

OOC: would a fleet of merchant vessels increase my profits since my goods would be much safer by sea and there is less of a chance the caravans are raided?

also, would donations of wealth allow them to construct better quality ships and perhaps allow me to subvert their morale?

28. - Top - End - #538
    Pixie in the Playground

Militia of Order and Justice

On proposal two:

We are afraid we cannot spare a watchmen will there is murder on the streets of Old Town. Perhaps sometime in the future.

29. - Top - End - #539

Blackthorne and Exodus Carriage Houses to Mercantile's Guild (4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Aye, sure. Does this have anything to do with why you've been stopping so many of our coaches this past month?

To oblivion6 (GM PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Whether or not he takes offense is entirely up to the assassin. Though to be honest, if he wanted to be discreet he probably wouldn't have used the same cover name as the assassin from the famous play "The Unknown."

And yes, you could hire the Craftsmen to kill a warlord and make it look like one of the others, but be warned that their services are heinously expensive. On the other hand, they are also widely regarded as being worth the expense, when expertise is called for.

Peacocks to Doctor Vassari (6)
    Spoiler
    Show

Could be interesting. A couple of us watched the football tournament last month, and while admittedly it's no pit fight it was a damn good show. Crowds were a bit less than the blood sports, but we can fix that easily enough.

As for the smuggling, well, most of the stuff that has the highest profits is going to be really vile stuff. Slaves, black lotus, blood-magic, that sort of thing. There's a whole bunch of stuff that you can smuggle in to avoid Merc Guild tariffs, sure, but unless you've got an easy route the profit margin on 'em isn't going to be high enough to bother with, especially with the new Guild regs on the Bridge cutting off that particular venue. If you've got any ideas for a route like that, though, we'd love to hear 'em.

Gerald Neilson to Doctor Vassari (6)
    Spoiler
    Show

Your proposal is not without merit, but caution must be displayed. I am unsure of the number of devices broken by the warlords that they would both be willing to bring to Sav Altulas and which would be at all repairable by local craftsmen. Some devices would only need simple repairs, yes, but others would require extensive training or skill, and I am unsure if I would trust Shattered Lands engineering to be up to that particular task.

I am willing to fund a trial run, however, if you can make the arrangements that you say you can. If nothing comes of it, all I have lost is a little coin and another fragment of patience.

To Thelonius (GM PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Drueger Grounds: The various factions in this neighborhood are, for the most part, more religious than criminal. Telen Kosh is a cult leader who lived three-hundred years ago; the current head of the Righteous Army claims to be his reincarnation, though the veracity of this claim cannot be proven. The Brotherhood of the Flowering Rose are probably the closest to practical as you'll get in the Grounds, being an order of assassins who worship the symbol of an open rose (not roses themselves--they believe the image itself is holy). They don't really make a big deal out of their beliefs, unlike the others. The Defeated are associated with one of the dark and bloody gods from up in Elsinier (ice elf deities are infamous for being brutal, barbaric and cruel, and are widely regarded as a stain on an otherwise civilized culture). This particular group claims allegiance to Drowning-in-Snow, though a small, feared subfaction of them worships Blood-in-Black-Water.

Regarding the ESP action: Sure. Just remember that that ESP won't be available during EoT.

Chronicles:

1. Obvious signs of strangulation mask a subtler tearing of the interior of the windpipe and signs of a particularly large dose of dycatropic ludanum, which is known to cause heightened alertness and sensitivity (peculiar because the Judge didn't appear to be under its effects while alive in Redeye's lair). Cause of death is clearly asphyxiation, though not because of the strangulation--the membranes in the back of the throat are swelled to the extent that they completely cut off the man's breathing.

2. He has a sister living in Silvathrien at the moment, and an uncle somewhere in Gilded. The rest of his family is either missing or dead; his son died in a house fire about a week before the Judge himself disappeared, and his wife vanished not long after he did.

Market Guard to Doctor Vassari (6)
    Spoiler
    Show

We'll ask around, but personally I'm not sure that many respectable folks would want anything to do with the Blackfist. They're kind of...chaotic, if you know what I mean. Bad for business.

Still, coin is coin, right? Someone will have something they'll be willing to sell to the mob.

Shipwrights Guild to Mercantile's Guild (4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Wonderful news. If you would step this way, sir, we have an array of designs that you could choose from...

OOC: Traditionally, whenever a player begins to talk about travel by sea being safer than land, I begin playing this song. That said, it would certainly reduce the likelihood of the warlords raiding you; none of them really have anything in the way of navies. Once you get to the open sea, however, you'll have to worry about the Windborn Kingdoms--basically, nomadic pirate armadas. Whether or not they're in a given patch of sea when you're passing through is down to luck.

Also: yes, paying the Guild more will get them to make better/more ships for you, and also work in subverting their Morale. That's pretty much how the EBSA got their favored client status with the Bookbinder's Guild, incidentally.

City of Bells: Laheim to Mercantile's Guild (4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Our usual prices are rather high, but you will find the quality to be more than worth the coin. [+ MIL] can be hired for [+++ WEL], though be aware that those numbers are deceiving; each Laheim soldier is worth far more than any opponent set against them.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

IC
    OOC

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Technist Guild

to the Verdan Contact
    Spoiler
    Show
    We're intrested in buying some of your devices. What do you have?

To Gerald Neilson
    Spoiler
    Show
    We hear you have some intresting Tech. How much for us to buy some?

To the Workers of Fat Tippest (Not the factory managers)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hello. We understand the need to hire people who prove dedicated and skilled. We are also concerned with the safety regulations that are currently practiced in your section of the city. If you'd like to work for us, well, come and have look over here sometime.
    OOC; We're also handing out copies of our only current book, "Factory safety and You.
    Last edited by Grimsage Matt; 2012-08-20 at 07:58 PM.

Spoiler
    Show