New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Broken City

The Wardens to Blackfist Brotherhood, Wren
    Spoiler
    Show

In case you want to purchase blackpowder weaponry, we wish to make it known that we have guns straight from Verdan in stock, better quality than anything the Technists can produce on their own. In fact, they build their guns based on samples they were given by us. The prices are negotiable, of course.
    Last edited by Murska; 2012-08-21 at 02:51 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren

To the Wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, if you can provide a better price than the Technists, name it.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to the Order of the Wren
    Spoiler
    Show

Shall we say 3 t.Wealth for Blackpowder Weapons II?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Arm up at the Technists Guild
    For the next 2 weeks, the Technists guild is holding a 50% off sale on it's blackpowder weapons.
    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Slash the prices from the pricing guide in half.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

5. - Top - End - #575
    Colossus in the Playground

Blackfist Brotherhood to the Technist's Guild

Spoiler
    Show
    To those conditions, I would like to buy three one-shot level 1 weapons this month, and three more next month. (So, 1 wealth this turn, and one more wealth next turn. What exactly is the benefit they provide? A military bonus, I assume?)
    Resident Vancian Apologist

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Technists Guild

To the Blackfist
    Spoiler
    Show
    We'll send the shipment.

And ya, they should give a MIL bonus.

To the Order of the Wern
    Spoiler
    Show
    We'll send the shipment.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #577
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution:
    TO: Technist's Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

I would be willing to pay 4 WEL for Blackpowder Weapons 2. I can pass on the proper documents of anyone who gets them from me - mostly the republican Army.

TO: Dozen Dancers and Annosus
    Spoiler
    Show

I would like to set up a building where those who have recently embraced our democratic ideals are free to meet and discuss/share their new thoughts with all. I would be willing to pay 1 WEL for the opportunity, to cover the costs of the building, and will assure you that no one in a position of authority will condone any action against the laws of the neighborhood, and that if any of those who frequent the building are found to be criminals, we will assist you in hunting them down.

TO: Order of the Wren
    Spoiler
    Show

Any idea on if you are able to assist me? Even 1 or 2 MIL would prove beneficial and save lives.

Go Tigers!

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Rams
    Spoiler
    Show
    Currently, it's 50% off listed prices. So, it's 2 WEL. We'll send the shipment soon.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren Mor: 5

To the Wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, the Technists have offered the same product for 2 t.wealth. If you can match that price, I will buy from you.

To the Ram Revolution
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will see. My military will likely be on alert, ready for the Dollmakers return. However, I may be able to spare some of my spies.
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2012-08-21 at 03:18 PM.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mercantile's guild

to technists guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    i hope our deal remains as it was before you came up with your arms dealing scheme. 7 WEL for all the guns and ammo i will ever need. i recall i did provide you with funding for the project. in fact if you are willing to send a representitive to meet with me, i have an idea you might be interested in.

society of gentleman explorers
    Spoiler
    Show
    i am sorry for the losses you took, but i have no army to have supported you with. [next turn] i may be willing to provide you some funding to rebuild the neighborhoods damaged as a result of the conflict

11. - Top - End - #581
    Troll in the Playground

Warden Blackpowder Weaponry

We can match the Technist's prices with better quality. Weapons straight from Verdan. Our crown piece is a fully authentic Messenheiler, available to any collectors for the low price of 2 p.Wealth.

((OOC: Offering same prices as the Technist's Guild for the same stuff.))
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #582
    Barbarian in the Playground

Esoteric Society of Gentlemen Explorers [6]
    To Technists' guild, from Bennet Founder
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a lover of high-powered firearms- my personal choice being of course the infamous Dragon Gun, I approve greatly of the appearance of a black powder weapon manufacturer in the city. I do, however, worry about these getting into the wrong hands. I urge you to reconsider the public sale of firearms, and restrict it to those who are proven to be responsible enough to handle such a powerful destructive force.

To Wardens, Technist's guild, from Julius Lance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sirs,
    Having recently lost men in trying to retake the Dead Campus, I would like to supply what remaining men we have with your weapons. We do, however, have custom modifications we desire which may regrettably increase the cost thereof, but I am willing to discuss this matter privately.

[edit]
    To Wardens, from Julius Lance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sirs,
    Having recently lost men in trying to retake the Dead Campus, I would like to supply what remaining men we have with your weapons. We do, however, have custom modifications we desire which may regrettably increase the cost thereof, but I am willing to discuss this matter privately.
    Last edited by Nyrt; 2012-08-21 at 03:24 PM.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

13. - Top - End - #583

Heladuit Court

D Esp: 4

To Bloodhaven Hospital, Mercantile Guild, Silversmith Guild:
    Spoiler
    Show

Parts of this proposal make me sad that it took a meeting of minds such as ours to suggest it. Of course we should be selling goods outside of this city. I feel that upping production would not actually be that great of a difficult, either, I at least have the money to put towards my own expansion. I would hope merchants such as yourselves would have the same.

It is unfortunate, then, that such brilliant minds suggested these ideas to me, under the impression that I would willingly lose so that you may gain? You wish to place the shops in Triphage Untima. Of course you want the commerce, my commerce, in your district. Unless you have some motivation I'm unaware of, I will be keeping my trade in my district. As for the Dappled Court... anything you can build there you can build elsewhere. The continued resistance of the elves to my family cannot be left unpunished. No further suggestion that I leave that neighborhood will even be recognized as having been said.

To Champions of Sovereignty:
    Spoiler
    Show

It's come to my attention that Javier has made an agreement for me, something about my position in our alliance. Please, explain my position, and our alliance as a whole. I'd love to know who I'm playing... working, I meant working with.

To The Brotherhood of the Flowering Rose:
    Spoiler
    Show

Felicitations, gentlemen. I endeavor to align my ambition with your creed. My predilection for poetic symbolism won't concede to me the capability to cease the metamorphosis of a Flowering Rose to a wilted seedling. Grant me the privilege to avail you, so that The Drueger Grounds can be administered by marvels such as our fraternities.
    My last breath... ...is also my mintiest...

Avatar credit goes to a strictly platonic friend.

Former Avatar credit goes to Howl.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Blackfists
    Spoiler
    Show
    After examining the Backgrounds on the Catologer X92, we feel that we must apologize and withdraw this transaction. We apologize for the inconvince.

To the Esoteric Society of Gentlemen Explorers (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Man that looks almost like a bear, in sensible, tough clothes drives up to the meeting place. His clothes are slightly fancier then normal for a Technist, and theres a emboridered symbol on it.

To the mercantile's guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    We'll send you the weapons for 2 WEL. And Matt Rosen is currenly at a meeting with the Esoteric Society of Gentlemen Explorers. After he's finished, he'll head right over.

The Ammo thing is going to be a trait that boosts my WEL by how many people have the weapons, not selling them each EoT. Besides, fundraiser.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #585
    Colossus in the Playground

Blackfist Brotherhood to the Wardens [6]

Spoiler
    Show
    We would indeed like to buy weapons from you, if you offer the same conditions as they do. We are interested in buying 3 points of one-use firearms this turn (for 1 wealth) and three more next months.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

16. - Top - End - #586
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Esoteric Society of Gentlemen Explorers
    Spoiler
    Show

If you have the time to send one of your trusted men to us, we can talk in private.

Wardens to Blackfist Brotherhood
    Spoiler
    Show

We will supply you with enough weapons to last the month for 1 t. Wealth. And, of course, again the next month. (One-turn access to the trait for any number of battles.)
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mercantile's guild

to technists guild[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC:i am just sending the trader to meet with you.

i can ship you the WEL+interest [next turn] in exchange for you shipping me the weapons this turn.

and now for the real reason i came here. due to my merchant contacts throughout the region i believe that i could begin selling your weapons to interested buyers everywhere. as the creator you will of course recieve a good percentage of the profits we make selling the weapons.

18. - Top - End - #588

Esoteric Society of Gentleman Explorers [6]
    To Technists' Guild [pm]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Good to see you. I am lord Pontiss. This is Commander Julius Lance, of the Blackjack Boys," said Pontiss.
    "Good Evening," added Lance after letting Pontiss speak, "As you may know, we hold great stake in our use of antimagic devices. To this point, we have used high-powered crossbows or weapons imported from Verdan customized to be optimal for combating hostile magic, however they have the problem of being extremely expensive. As your organisation now manufactures lower-cost firearms, I am interested in purchasing some. Would it be possible for you to supply custom-built firearms with the modifications we specify? We already have the antimagic techniques, they would just need to be applied to the firearms."
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!

Image to come

Buy my music here

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Esoteric Society of Gentleman Explorers (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

The man listening nods. "Haven't been able to recreate watersilver or dead iron, so we'll go with this. Heres the disgin specs for our current models, what changes need to be made? As magical anti-magic is created by a paradox containment field, we'll need your end to handle that. But, we should be able to handle the pyshical componets."

To the Merectiles Guild (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sounds good to us. We'll send the weapons to you this week [EoT]. Also, we think Mr Neilson might not want to talk to us. If you could aquire some of his tech, we'd like to reverse engineer it.
    Last edited by Grimsage Matt; 2012-08-21 at 04:31 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Council – Neposh Issue

’’So what sort of compromise are you offering?’’ Councilor Vassari asked the Priests of Neposh.

Council – Esoteric Society Issue

The message from the Esoteric Society of Gentlemen Explorer’s caught Vasari unprepared. The situation was singularly bad. He needed time to review what happened, before he could react. Yet dallying too long wouldn’t make things better.

Heladuit Court/Mercantile Guild/Silversmith Guild [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

Vassari shook his head at Heladuit Lord's words: ’’Your grace, I’m afraid you misjudged my intentions’’

’’I have proposed the shops in Triphage Untima to serve the foreigners, who visit our city. Some of them are decent kind and have true appreciation for the art, some ruffians and some simply strange. You can’t exactly pick and choose which ones would walk your streets and visit your shops. If you want their crowd in Heaven’s Gate, which I have assumed, maintains a certain standards of the people allowed there, then by all means. I just thought the Heladuit Court was concerned about the class of people mingling. You are, after all, royalty, are you not?’’

’’Frankly, if I misjudged the Heaven’s Gate attitudes so deeply, then I’d be more than happy to bring more business to your domain – I have certain… associates, who’d be happy to open, Houses of ’’Delights’’ all around Heladuit Court territories. And the street vendors of the Little Zanchar would be more than happy to sell on the streets of such opulent city District.’’

’’As for Dappled Court, if the issue is your grace’s feud with elves, then I don’t see, how it would impact the shops, the Silversmith Guild has opened there, unless they are getting damaged in fighting. Perhaps I miss something of the situation that you could explain to me?’’

''Anyway, I expect most profits would come from the trade conducted outside of the city by the Mercantile Guild and I think the fabrics of the Heladuit Court can serve in construction of the Airships perfectly. Yet another business venture, that would be of benefit to us all.''

Neilson Gerard [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Can you tell me everything you know about Messenheiler?

[Including how much it would be worth in t. or p. Wealth. I need to know if Warden's Price is worth it. And how useful the thing would be in killing things with it.]
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-08-21 at 04:51 PM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

21. - Top - End - #591
    Pixie in the Playground

Militia of Order and Justice

Technists' Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Militia of Order and Justice wishes to purchase your black powder weapons II.

22. - Top - End - #592

Esoteric Society of Gentleman Explorers [6]

Sebastian couldn't help but overhear Founder's conversation with the men from the Blackjack Boys and the Home Guard.

"How many did we lose?" asked a muffled voice; presumably Founder.
    "Too many, sir. We weren't prepared for how powerful she is." replied another voice.
    "Black. Sodding. D-" Founder began, but caught himself before he swore. That was a good sign- perhaps he had calmed down slightly.
    "We're just going to have to be more careful next time," said a third voice.
    "Next time? Good lord boy, you think there will be a next time? If our 'allies' deserted us this time, what makes you think we will have another chance, eh? No, they've shown their true colors, and certainly not with as many men as we lost. We may, perhaps, be able to defend, but without support that is all we may hope for," Founder sounded dispirited,
    "Indeed, it's all can do."

To technists' Guild [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "And here are the specifications for the requested modifications. How much will you require for funds?"

To Yellow Court
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sirs,
    I ask that you join the effort to retake the university campus so it may be restored to a place of learning of which this city may be justly proud.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Image to come

Buy my music here

23. - Top - End - #593
    Bugbear in the Playground

Church of Neposh (DESP 7)

To the Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    We need at least 2 MIL of assistance in Lead Farrow, we are willing to spend 2 WEL to get it. If this would be toward the road work, we could also tap into our personnel to help with the labor.

To Militia Order of Justice (DESP 7)
    Spoiler
    Show

You said you would be able to assist us in Lead Farrow this turn. Are you still able to join in the fight? We mean no offense, but if the council decides to assist then we will not need your help.
    Last edited by HerbieRAI; 2012-08-21 at 06:08 PM.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Militia of Order and Justice
    Spoiler
    Show
    We'll send the shipment.

To the Esoteric Society of Gentleman Explorers (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Lets just say 1 WEL for the intial testing runs. We already have a decent manfacturing base, so we wouldn't need that much more funding."

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #595

The Heladuit Court

D. Esp: 4

Bloodhaven Hospital, Mercantile Guild, Silversmith's Guild:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hmmm... generally I've just kept the poor and undesirable on different streets from my family... but I can see the advantage of creating a buffer of a few neighborhoods between us. Maybe if the nobles are more comfortable in my territory, they'll spend more money, while the plebes spend their money near you.

As for the Dappled Court, take that up with the Silversmiths.
    My last breath... ...is also my mintiest...

Avatar credit goes to a strictly platonic friend.

Former Avatar credit goes to Howl.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Council – Church of Neposh Issue

''I’m against the Council acting as a mercenary in a religious dispute. There are sellswords in the city, Church of Neposh should be approaching with such offers. Of course, I am, but one of the Council members and if there are any, who think differently, we can put this issue to a vote.''

''I will consider altering the course of the road, so it wouldn’t pass through the Church of Neposh territory, thus resolving the issue.''

GM Only
    Spoiler
    Show

A:

Esoteric Order of Uncorrupted Designs? How much of a threat are they to the people and order, if any?

B:

Can’t help but notice Esoteric Society of Gentelmen Explorer’s message to Yellow Court, which I suspect involves an attempt to sway their allegiances (that message about Mages considering desertion gave me similar ideas).
    Can I ask Peacocks to confirm me the contents of that message (I don’t think it would cost them anything to tell me). I’ll spend ESP, if that’s not possible.

Anyway, as I understand, the Provisional Council messages have ESP 0, so I expect the news, that Esoteric Society of Gentlemen Explorers had a falling out with Council, which was about to supply all those troops, would already reach Blacksage District. Which means, Librarian just had a major victory and no massive coalition is coming to take him down. Desertion to ESGE, who suffered heavy losses, at this point would be a rather poor strategic move.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

27. - Top - End - #597
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution:

Council- Road issue
    "If, after coming out of Lomb's Circle, the road moved through the Militia's territory, then through Annosus and the Dozen Dancers, it could link into EBSA territory and continue on it's previous route, and avoid the Church's territory - If the independent hoods could be convinced. Or 'convinced', if push comes to shove."

Go Tigers!

28. - Top - End - #598

Esoteric Society of Gentleman Explorers

To Technists' Guild [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "That is acceptable"

To the Council, Champions of Sovereignty
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gentlemen of the council,
    I would like to apologize for my earlier letter. I acted in anger, and was not fully recovered from my recent injury. I assure you, though what I said remains true, that I harbor minimal resentment over the matter. What's done is done. I would like to request immediate aid in the defense from or, should we have enough muster, elimination of the Librarian and her Diamot magi. I realize it would be foolish to give up now, so should you wish to redeem yourselves in our eyes, any help would be much appreciated.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Image to come

Buy my music here

29. - Top - End - #599
    Troll in the Playground

The Wardens to Esoteric Society of Gentleman Explorers
    Spoiler
    Show

We have +++ Null Bombs, which nullify any Magic. We'd be willing to sell them to you for + p. Wealth or +++++ t.Wealth - they were quite expensive to acquire and likely to be needed in the future as well.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #600
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution:
    To - The Esoteric Society of Gentlemen Explorers
    Spoiler
    Show

We have 2 MIL that we can spare to help you against the Librarian currently, the rest of our forces are going to be occupied this month. More will be available next month, assuming that nothing closer to home comes up. We trust that if we help you with this threat, you will be willing to aid us if we are ever in a time of need?

Go Tigers!