New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Total War: Broken City

To the Militia of Order and Justice
    Spoiler
    Show
    We'll be making them.

to gerald neilson
    Spoiler
    Show
    We understand, and felt that that would be the arangement.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

2. - Top - End - #632
    Troll in the Playground

Sausage Guild
    Def Esp 7

Guild's Row
    It wasn't often that Urso Bloodhand visited the surface streets. In fact it was a positively rare occurrence. He didn't really like the open. He preferred the caverns and vaults of the Sausage Guild. Not so much for the dark or the lack of crowds, although those were pluses, but simply because the city didn't fit him. He had long ago had the guild workers carve out the necessary passages to admit his frame, but here on the streets of Sav Altulas it was a different matter. In the vaults next to his carvers he was large and imposing, but his carvers were themselves impressive specimens. Here in the streets of Sav Altulas in the teeming mingling of races he didn't just stand out he loomed half again above the tallest members of the crowd. People stopped to gawk in the streets as he walked past. And the streets weren't even the worst of it. There were alleys he literally couldn't go down, most doors were a pain to squeeze, and the chairs, oh the chairs.

All in all Bloodhand didn't like being outside, so he was in a very bad mood already when he finally found the house which was supposed to belong to the person claiming to be the representative of the Sausage Guild. On the street beside him Gern Smokebeard, Urso's second in command, took one look at his eyes and stopped trying to talk Urso into letting him going first. Hurriedly waving the other sausage guild members back Smokebeard quickly turned around and pulled his helmet flat just in time for the first few splinters to bounce off it as Urso's huge cleaver bit into the door.

Once the splinters and crashing stopped Smokebeard cautiously turned around. Sure enough the door and most of the surrounding frame was simply gone. Sighing the dwarf hurried into the house after his Guild Leader. Hopefully the residents would still be coherent by the time he got to them. Still he didn't feel much sympathy. They had ignored the first members of the Sausage Guild who had come looking after all. It was their own fault that Urso was in such a bad mood. And at least Urso had taken most of it out on their door. At least Smokebeard hoped he had taken out most of it on their door.

To the Ansigaris
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have no reason to feel that dealing with such a knight would be necessary. If he were interested in the protection of the row then he would be more prominent rather than merely spoken of in rumors. Nevertheless if he does appear we will likely talk to him and see what he wishes. We have no wish to get in conflict with a Merdallan knight.

To the Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings Esteemed Members of the Council

I am writing on behalf of the Sausage Guild to ask you about certain recent events. First we noticed that you have been contacting the Ambassadorial guard. Now we do not know for what reason that might be, but we take note of all the happenings in the Gilded District. In particular we must inform you that to meet the growing needs of the city the Sausage Guild soon plans to expand its vaults under much of Gilded, including Embassy Row. We hope that this will not be a problem for your own plans in the area.

Second we have read Dr. Vasari's Plan of Sav Altulas Development and we think it will do great things for the city. Especially the citizen's militia. You may not be aware, but the Sausage Guild has been working closely with the Ansigaris to protect as many citizens of Gilded as possible from any thieves or criminals that hope to prey upon them in these dark times. We would very much like to receive recognition as the first Gilded Regiment of the citizen's militia, so that we can assure the people that we are indeed acting in good faith.

Also we noted that you had need of mages. Although we are by no means the equal of the librarian our Shapers are a solid dependable bunch who are both quite skilled and willing to get there hands dirty if necessary. If the council ever needs their help it needs only to ask.

Gern Smokebeard - Deputy Guild Master
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2012-08-22 at 11:31 PM.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Barbarian in the Playground

Esoteric society of Gentleman Explorers [6]

The meeting [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Gentlemen, I thank you for meeting with me on such notice.

"Now, to business. Last month, the plan was to send in Blackjack Boys and Home Guard troops, in addition to mages, all equipped with antimagic equipment, to the Dead Campus. The mages would create antimagic fields blanketing tactically important locations from which the guards could neutralize hostile magi, getting progressively closer to the University. The plan proceeded well untill the Librarian got involved. We were not prepared for her power, a mistake I regret greatly, and with her help the Diamot magi were able to push us out.

"In a parallel mission, lord StigBalathad undermined the support of the Yellow Court by spreading word that she planned to let the MU into the city and bribing leading officials, which I regret having to do, however necessary may be.

"In addition, we worked on bettering our antimagic, but this bore no fruits, as much of our efforts were focused elsewhere.

"I would like your input on where to proceed from here. I also would like you to know that these plans do not leave this room except when they are implemented. I do not want her to be prepared."
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

the council
    Spoiler
    Show
    the mercantile's guild agrees to recognize the sausage guild and ansigaris as the first gilded regiment. i also recomend we recognize the hosts-watch as the first real militia of the stocks district. their work in making sure violence didnt run rampant within the travelers quarter has indirectly led to the city being a safer place by preventing most of the big time bandits from gaining a foothold within the city.

i really cannot speak one way or the other on the magic issue as i am a very plain and mundane man with no experience in working with magic and as such cannot say what would be best

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty

To the Esoteric Society: [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I apologise, but you seem to have misinterpreted my words. I promised to send troops to your aid this month, not last month. They shall be arriving shortly to assist you against the Librarian."

To the Militia of Order and Justice: [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I apologise, but I must send my forces to battle the librarian, who is growing in power quickly. I shall speak to House Laurier and try to gain their support for you"

To House Laurier: [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Greetings. Thank you for your assistance again. I hope you find the people of your new neighbourhood loyal subjects. If I may, might I ask your assistance?

The Militia of Order and Justice is having great difficulty restoring order to the neighbourhood of Annosus. Their attempts at diplomacy with the empty blood gang have been met with murder. It seems force is the only option, and I fear the gang has enough men to deal significant damage to the militia. I would hate to see such a valiant ally of the city weakened.

If you can assist them, they would be in your debt, you would help remove a threat to the city, and I'm sure the people would recognise your good deed.

6. - Top - End - #636

NinjaGuy

The meeting [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I have spoken for a long time with the commander of our militia, Ser Wallenstein.

He is the most curious man. He had some tactical ideas that I wil share with you now.
    First, the Librarian will expect an attack. to repeat [last turn's] plan would be madness, the more reason to be an unexpected attack.

He talked for a long time to brief me; but he was decided on one thing.
    We must have a simple objective.

Mylord, have you spent all of your antimagic? Do you think the Librarian knows about it, or how to conter it?

If not, this is the plan we have:

We'll send troops to Dogma to protect the Cults, we'll say. It will be obvious, however, that we intend to wipe out the Librarian's Cult.

It's likely that at least two or three of the other cults will support us, if we decide to send word of our protection.

We'll choose a suitable location: An open place to prepare our troops, from we have an easy retreat point, and build the Antimagic Field there.

From there, we will send small operations againt the Librarian's Cult.

The only objective of this will be to atract Her, since She is the ony real danger. When she comes, everyone will retreat to the camp and we will activate the Antimagic Field fully, and try to destroy her.

If she perishes, we will retreat at once and let her power dissolve, as her lackies fight and squabble amongst themselves. We can work to reorganize the district and University [next turn]."

To GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    How much would cost what we talked about? was it 7?

Lord Wallen has been silent lately. Apart from Inner Party meetings (Which he presides) he has not been seen in public much. Everyone talks about his seclusion at his manor, and many party leaders come and go from his home.

He appears to be preparing something important.
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2012-08-23 at 05:28 AM.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution:

THE Meeting (PM):
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm afraid that, since all my spare troops are currently stuck in the Palace's courtyard, that I will not be able to help you this turn, other than with your planning. However I hope to have the ability to help combat the Librarian by next month. Lord Wallen, however, has expressed an idea that just might work, if the Librarian isn't expecting your anti-magic.

Go Tigers!

8. - Top - End - #638

Esoteric Society of Gentleman Explorers [6]

to Champions of Sovreignity.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, this is good news! You have my most abject apology. How much can you send? Please, have someone join us at Founder Manor.

To Wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    Are your null bombs a one-shot, or are they passive?

The meeting [pm]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Good news- the Champions of Sovreignity has agreed to send troops to remove this threat.

Also, the Wardens have offered to sell us +++ null bombs gor +++++ t.wel or + p.wel. These mayprove invaluable.

To answer your question, we have not run out of antimagic, and i do not believe she knows how to counter it, but she is powerful enough to cast spells right through it, though it seems weaken her slightly.

It may be effective for us to continue to undermine her support from the yellow court, as well. If possibel, they would prove to be valuable allies. (ooc: I also managed to lose her 2 mor and 1 fear) ye
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!

Image to come

Buy my music here

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty

To the Esoteric Society [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I'll send nine units of soldiers, and nine of spies. I'll let you direct them, you know the conflict best."

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Council - Sausage Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

The ability of the Sausage Guild to feed the city is invaluable. Would you be able to submit regular reports of how much meat you are supplying to ESBA, with growth projections, as you expand your tunnels?

Those numbers would be important, to decide our stance on refugees, bolstering the population of our city. Their influx, in the light of recent war between the Warlords, and more wars to come, is inevitable. Whether they would turn into productive members of the society or feed the criminal underworld of gangs, with the hungry and destitute, depends entirely on this Council’s polices.

As for tunnels in the Embassy Row, I’d request, that those in the close proximity to the Embassy buildings to be given under supervision of the Diplomatic Corps. As for the rest, as long as tunnels don’t disturb the surface, I don’t see why not.

As for your offer to serve as Council’s Mages… Well, I may indeed ask you something. We’ll see.

Silversmith’s Guild, Heladuit Court, Mercantile Guild, Zelmac [PM-OOC]
    Spoiler
    Show

Okay, just to sort out things for our EoTs:

Silversmith’s Guild & Heladuit Court:

[1] Invest X WEL in producing their goods and expanding their production capacity.

Their products would be bought by:

A. Retail shops that will be opened in Triphage Untima*.
    B. Warlords via Mercantile Guild caravans.

[2] Put 1 WEL each to create outfits & regalia for Diplomatic Corps.

Mercantile Guild

[1] Deliver the S&H Goods to Warlords via their Caravans, getting a cut of profits. (I expect that we won’t have trouble with bandits on the first run, but after rumors of the valuable cargo arise, we should consider better protection. I will see, that Council provides.)

[2] Train Trade Advisors for Diplomatic Corps. Their job will be to find more markets for S&H goods and get good deals, increasing everybody’s profits. Their prestige would be enhanced by outfits and regalia of Diplomatic Corps.

Vasari & Triphage Untima

[1] Buys S&H products and sells them in Triphage Untima

[2] Provides Mercantile Guild with information about the demand for S&H Goods.

*I suggest that for Retail Shops, you use the work of low ranked members of your Guilds. A lower quality, then the work of masters, but more easily and cheaply produced. At the same time, each Retail Shop should have 2-3 works of masters on display, so if a wealthy client comes, he could inquire about a personal order, directly with Silversmith’s Guild or Heladuit Court.

End Result:

I expect we’ll get a decent increase in Wealth & appropriate Trait.

Esoteric Society of Gentlemen

Melissa Blaine walked through the rooms of the Founder Mannor, led by one of the servants. He proved talkative, something she didn’t expect, so she took advantage to get some information, of what she was to expect from treating Bennet Founder, the leader of the Esoteric Society of Gentelmen.

’’If I were to give M’Lady advise, it would be to not provoke jealousy of the young women, surrounding the bachelors of the Esoteric Society.’’ the man spoke.

’’Oh?’’ Melissa let surprise show in her voice. ’’It could be a problem?’’ Ladies surrounding Esoteric Society?

As if hearing her unspoken question, the servant answered it: ’’There is no more desirable position among the highborn women, then that of a young widow. And the Gentlemen of Esoteric Society have a certain reputation of wealth and proximity to danger. A perfect combination in the eyes of more ambitious ladies.’’

’’So, the Gentlemen are surrounded by fawning young women, when they are not on their adventures’’ The mental image in Melissa’s head almost made her chuckle.

’’I would describe them as ’’cooing’’ rather than fawning. It’s an impression of many young and pretty that Gentleman of certain, advanced age should be spoken to as if one spoke to a little child. M’Lord finds it most amusing.’’

They’ve entered the next room that seemed to be inhabited entirely by stuffed Bears and the Sharks. Melissa took a moment to take in the room’s decorations, before asking a question. ’’That bear appears to be a centrepiece of the collection, as far as it is positioned. But I can’t help but notice, that the other one by the window is somewhat larger. Why is that? Shouldn’t they be exchanged for better impression upon the visitors?’’

’’M’Lady has an astute eye. The bear near the window, M’Lord shot with a crossbow. The one opposite the door, he wrestled down with his bare hands, so its position is more prominent.’’

Her curiosity of what exactly Lord Founder did with the Sharks was left unsatisfied, as they passed into the next room.

Cornelius James StigBalathad/Zelmac [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

’’Lord James’’ Melissa smiled at the wiry man. A bit taller than him, she remained one step below, so they appeared to be the same height. ’’I apologize for troubling you, but Dr. Vasari has asked me to make certain inquires.’’ She decided to show no hesitation, though those ’’inquires’’ directly implied Lord Cornelius James had something to do with smuggling affairs. Now where would Dr. Vasari would know it from? ’’Some time ago, a man, Donnet Bradly, a known smuggler of Dycatropic Ludanum was found dead in the Lake Brecombe. Now, I know you often sail those waters and would know the people and islands there. Can you tell me, if you heard anything about it? And perhaps a few things about Lake Brecombe – if there murderer tries to get to Sav Altulus by the boat or has a hidden lair on one of the islands, where would be most probable places, he’d try?’’

Ram Revolution [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Thank you for your praise, though I’m certain the Council would have formulated something similar to my proposal eventually. It’s just I think that, people should know what exactly the Council stands for and what is our plan for the city, once firm control is established, if they are to choose to follow the Council now.''

''I’ll see about providing the staff for the clinic, as well as ordering a shipment of prosthetics to give people, who have lost their limbs to Smokeyard factories or unfortunate accidents, a chance to live productive lives. A new clinic would be a good place, where those can be attached and maintained.''

[2 MOR & 2 WEL to start prosthetics issue in new clinic]

Sausage Guild [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

[Since Sausage Guild mentioned magic, I think Vasari can ascertain, that they practice Blood Magic]

’’I’m conducting an investigation, where the perpetrator might be using Blood Magic, a corrupt and vile deviation from the craft, that you are practicing for the benefit of Sav Altulas. If I show you several pieces of evidence, would you be able to ascertain, if it’s indeed corrupt Blood Magic? And perhaps devise means of counteracting it?’’

’’If the criminal is caught, or rather when, he will be caught, I will of course make it known, that the Blood Magic of Sausage Guild has protected Sav Altulas from such vile monster.’’

Church (Mednicant’s Field) [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Vasari: ’’I have discovered, that a man is buried here, who have died innocent, while the City thought him guilty of most vile crimes. Who has been slain by foul magic. His mortal remains bear a mark of the despicable crime that was perpetrated against him and a hope for his innocence to be proven for the sake of those who knew him and peace of his soul. Will you allow me to remove his body from his resting place to search for this mark of the crime, so his murderer can be brought to justice? There have been many deaths in these five years – you must have spoken so many last rites over men buried with terrible wounds and unmistakable anguish of pain and suffering on their faces. Nobody must go like that into the next world. I hunt the one responsible. Can you help me to stop this horror?’’

[Naturally, the body will be returned to the grave, once Vasari is done and he will assure the priests, there is no necromancy involved. The priests have been looking over Dollmaker’s work for the past five years. I think they’ll be sympathetic to my request].

GM-PM
    Spoiler
    Show

[0] Killing a Smuggler, instead of a Client to get the Drug. Because he wanted a larger amount or because it was more convenient? There was no drug in his Lair – used it all up? Has a different hideout or just a cache of supplies as a precaution, if Lair gets discovered? Let most of the shipment sink to the bottom of the Lake?

There were closer locations from Runner’s City, where he could have gotten Ludanum. Well, Lake would be a natural place for him to perform the kill, but could it also indicate, that he has either a hideout there or travels to and from the city via boat?

Too many possibilities here.

[1] I’ve asked Sausage Guild (Blood Mages) to check, if Blood Magic was employed. I’ll show enough of the stuff I have, for them to determine, if it is so. Well, perhaps showing the body would be enough.

[2] I’ve asked Cornelius James StigBalathad (Esoteric Society of Gentlemen) about the case with the smuggler killed in the Lake Brecombe, as well as about the possibility of hidden lairs or ways a person can get to Sav Altulas through the Lake (for example, where one would hide a boat to make the trip). Esoteric Society has Well-Travelled Trait, so they would know much about the Lake and Cornelius has as part of his background ties to smuggling (it was Opium, but he’d probably know other smugglers as well).

(Clutching at straws here, but if I fire enough shots in the dark, I may hit something.)

[3] Asked Churches about digging up corpse and preforming exhumation.

[4] If Dollmaker is a user (quite probable) he would be inured. Then, if possibility arises Vasari can say something like: ’’I know you are Ludanum’s user, so while this flash-stick would mildly inconvenience me, it would leave you completely blind.’’ Dollmaker, inured to Ludanum’s would assume Vasari would think him blind, while Vasari would know, that Dollmaker isn’t that affected, feign overconfidence to lure him into making an opening… Well. It might work, it might not work.

[5] Can I move to Silvathrien? With new road, I can get to work in the morning and back in the evening. Although my connection to Peacocks might see me disqualified…
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-08-23 at 11:36 AM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

11. - Top - End - #641
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mercantile's guild

doctor vasiri, helaudit council, silversmiths guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    i will let my caravan masters know to expect your shipments and deliver them with the rest of the goods. i dont think bandits will be too much of a problem. i did have atleast some success in scaring off the smaller gangs and these caravans will be under my protection.

12. - Top - End - #642

GreataxeFighterGuy

The silversmiths guild

To Dr. Vasari, The Heladuit Court, The Mercantile Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    That seems a very good plan, and we will follow it as written, unless the Heladuit court has objections.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Esoteric Society of Gentleman Explorers
    Spoiler
    Show

One-shot - they are 'bombs' after all. Otherwise they would be way more expensive.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Troll in the Playground

The Sausage Guild

To the GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do I know how much food exactly I am producing. I would think that this would fall under my The City Must Be Fed trait. Or possibly the Vaults of Flesh.

Can I look at Vassari's evidence without using any actual stats. Or will I have to assign some in the EoT?

15. - Top - End - #645

GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't actually know If StigBalathad would know anything about it. Would he?

Doctoring up
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh, Miss Blaine. Such a pleasure to see you.

The Meeting
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Champions of Sovereignty have agreed to supply 9 mil and 9 esp to this mission. This aid could prove vital.

The Wardens have offered to sell us Null bombs for this mission. Would it be worth +++++ t.wel for +++ one-shot null bombs?

I like the idea of going into Dogma, but I think it would be easier to eliminate the cult with Espionage. As it is a cult, it is likely somewhat secretive. I also think it would be folly to go directly into the Dead Campus again. The Diamot mages combined with the Librarian prove to be quite formidable. It would be easier to take them down separately. Yours is probably our best option unless there are other ideas.

OOC: I'll finish this post later, I have to leave.
    [edit] finished
    Last edited by Nyrt; 2012-08-23 at 03:57 PM.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Image to come

Buy my music here

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren

To the Wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have been made aware that you are selling anti-magic bombs. 2t.wealth for + is the going rate, yes? I would like to purchase + of them, if this is possible.

The Wren.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Bugbear in the Playground

Gerald Neilson to Mercantile's Guild (4)
    Spoiler
    Show

I do not know very much about seacraft personally, but I've received some recommendations from those of my men who do after they examined your designs. I would suggest at least three, possibly five swivel-guns per vessel, as well as one heavier cannon mounted on the circled location. As you are most concerned with pirate and bandit attacks, the swivel-guns will be the most useful, as they can be carried and redeployed to whichever direction the enemy is coming from. Grapeshot will be your friend here, though they can fire solid and chain shot as well.

To outfit the ships with this weaponry, I would say [for every 3 WEL put into building the ships, 1 for weapons], as I do not know the size of your proposed fleet.

To oblivion6 (GM PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes, the Host's Watch will defend that neighborhood if attacked.

You could, but you would have to figure out some way of fluffing it. What are your agents doing to seduce fighters away from the warlords?

The warlords are armed with the most eclectic collection of weaponry imaginable. Most of it is low-tech, though. Bows are common, as they are easy to make and useful in hunting. Unlike the Empire, which uses automata musketeers as the mainstay of its ground forces, the black powder weapons that the warlords have are mostly used to terrify their enemies with the fire and thunder.

To Ragnar Lodbroke (GM PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

If you are referring to the firearms, then yes, I believe so.

Ansigaris to Sausage Guild (7)
    Spoiler
    Show

All right...just so long as there's some kind of plan in place, we're good.

Mendicant's Field Temples (Imperial Mother Church, Temple of the Guardian, Taborin's Level, Moonstone, etc) to Doctor Vassari (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Of course, though we would like to request that a priest of the man's religion be present during your examination, to ensure that no necromancy affects his rest. We have been having problems with necromancers of late.

Thelonius (GM PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

[0] An interesting array of possible explanations, to be sure.

[1] I'll tell you the results once the Guild agrees to it. Or they will. Either way.

[2] Noted.

[3] Noted.

[4] Seems complicated. Might work, just due to the surprise of it, but...seems complicated.

[5] I don't see any reason why not. The commute would be lengthy, and there's no real public transportation in this era, though. You'd have to buy a coach or something to get to work in the morning.

To ArcaneStomper (GM PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

I would assume that you know how much food you're producing, if only to make sure no one's skimming anything off the top of the Guild funds.

You'd have to devote at least a little bit of Magic to it, but only [-] or [+]. Alternatively, if you had a mage VIP, you could use them instead.

To Nyrt (GM PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

I'd say he would, most likely, though his information would be a bit out-of-date. At the very least, he would have heard of the murdered smuggler. He would also know that most smuggling comes across the eastern portion of the lake, and that a lot of it is secretly expedited by the Dwimmercant Families. The north-eastern-most island in the lake is very much known as a smugglers' hideout.

Guild's Row: The Bloody Guildhall

"Hey, look, down there...who's that?"

"What? Who are you--oh ****, was that the door?"

"Who the **** is that?!"

"Hang on, I'll go...Orsag's Bleeding Eye, it's Bloodhand."

"What?"

"Sausage Guild. ****. Okay. We planned for this. Stay calm."

"I thought he didn't know about us! You said he didn't know about us!"

"Well, I guess that Guildman who stopped by last week was legitimate after all. Pass the lantern, will you? We need to burn the documents."

"Oh ****, oh ****, we're dead, we're dead..."

"No, we are not dead. Now hand me the damn lantern...****, this is hard to unscrew...okay. Match. Can't leave any evidence."

"You do realize that if Bloodhand doesn't kill us the boss will, right?"

"No, he won't. No one knows who we are, and everyone knew this would happen eventually. Bossman won't blame us a bit. It was good while it lasted, but now it's over, so come on. We are leaving. If you want to stop blubbering and make yourself useful, ****ing call it in."

"What? Oh, uh, right. Right. I had the stone around here somewhere...okay, let's go."

"About time."

"Ah, ahem...aseptis, cossequet mordefacin...Despe vas, nokli entra mosqettele. Mattrifest ze-quat ja tobes vouis..."*

* Translated from Royal Trade Tongue: "Speak, stone of death...[Untranslatable term], this is plant team three. We are mobile with a blown cover, and require exfil action as soon as is possible..."
    Last edited by Zemalac; 2012-08-23 at 07:50 PM.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

18. - Top - End - #648

Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Ah, yes, I've heard of this. A deplorable business, the lot. Yes, I do have some information that may help with your investigation. If you are looking for smuggling, generally the eastern sections of the lake are where you'd look. I have seem a great many suspicious ships traveling the waters there. As for specific islands, I seem to remember that the most northeastern island is a common haunt for smugglers, though of the type you are looking for, I do not know. You should talk to the Dwimmercant Families, though be tactful with them; they can be quite... territorial."
    StigBalathad looks around to makes sure they are alone, then continues in a quieter voice.
    "Understand, I put that all behind me years ago. this information may be a bit out of date."

"Now, I understand you will be treating lord Founder's recent injury? Give him my best wishes.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Image to come

Buy my music here

19. - Top - End - #649
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Order of the Wren
    Spoiler
    Show

We only have the +++, and we offered them to the people fighting the Librarian - if they refuse the offer, we will sell to you.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

20. - Top - End - #650

Heladuit Court

D. Esp: 4

Silversmith's Guild, Mercantile Guild, Bloodhaven Hospital:
    Spoiler
    Show

I can agree to your request of payments, and the previously made deal of the plebe shops being moved to your territory. If you request the work of a master, I do know the head of my house, Markus, loves to make a show. If you need the work of our masters on display, at least for the opening, he may be available to show off his talents.

On the other part of our discussion, we will of course make no direct effort to hinder the Silversmiths in the Dappled Court, but do be a dear and try not to have your workers and factories right near the Archer Houses tree collectives. If you stand near a fire, you will get burned.

Silversmith Guild, Bloodhaven Hospital, Lord Wallen, Esoteric Society of Gentlemen Explorers:
    Spoiler
    Show

My guards will all be busy tearing the Dappled Court from the elves. I can only assure that we won't interfere. Actual help may be difficult.

If you can use it, though, the members of my family who are no good at fighting are dreadfully bored. They may be willing to search and ask around for you (you can have some [Esp] if you need it).
    My last breath... ...is also my mintiest...

Avatar credit goes to a strictly platonic friend.

Former Avatar credit goes to Howl.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mercantile's guild

gerald neilson[4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    very well. our current order we have commisioned is [5] WEL worth of ships. so next month we ship you an even 2 WEL for the weapons?

to GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    okay, what i was thinking was next turn, if i perhaps put 3-4 WEL as a sort of bribe for my ESP to work with in order to persuade bandit gangs to join my own military force would atleast some leave the warlords? it is bound to be safer working for me anyhow. also, it stands to reason putting more gold up as a bribe would bring more to work for me?

how willing are the warlords to make deals? perhaps if i supply them with free weaponry would they leave my caravans alone for the most part?

for my EOT, would you like me to list specific marks and bounties my men are hunting down for to reduce my debt with the empire? or would you just roll or randomly determine which ones i catch? im fine either way, as long as the chances of me losing men are very slim and it reduces my debt to the empire.

22. - Top - End - #652

Heladuit Court
    Spoiler
    Show
    That would be most convenient. You have our thanks.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Image to come

Buy my music here

23. - Top - End - #653
    Bugbear in the Playground

Gerald Neilson to Mercantile's Guild (4)
    Spoiler
    Show

That will do quite nicely. I will make the arrangements.

To oblivion6 (GM PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Going down your points in order...

1. Yeah, that would work. I'm not entirely sure how well you could trust said bandits, though...there would be a large temptation to let slip details of which caravans weren't guarded as well to old friends out in the bandit gangs.

2. They would love to be supplied with weapons. However, their way of doing business is very much of the "What have you done for me lately?" nature. They have short memories, and would probably resume raiding as soon as the warm glow of gratitude died down.

3. Either way. I should point out that hunting bounties is not a good way to avoid losing men, by the way. These people have bounties on them for a reason; they're dangerous enough that the Empire isn't willing to leave dealing with them to the few assassins and rangers they have north of the border.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

24. - Top - End - #654
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution:

To: Annosus, Dozen Dancers
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank you for your cooperation. I would like to reassure the Wool Street Gang that we will not be prosecuting the criminals of the neighborhood, simply not tolerating criminal actions at our buildings. We wish to spread peace, not chaos, and crime tends to lead to chaos (just look at the Black Hand). Also, while I trust that this will not occur, any attacks on Revolution members, or on buildings owned by said members, will be taken as a declaration of war, and responded too with force.

Go Tigers!

25. - Top - End - #655
    Pixie in the Playground

Militia of Order and Justice
    [7]

Merchant’s Society, Annosus
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Militia has never been defeated. We have slain dark demons and thugs. This gang will meet the same fate and Annosus will be free, but we need your help. Anything you can give, from warriors to guides to funds, would suffice when the time comes.

Delathion, Annosus
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mighty Delathion, the Militia of Order and Justice has never before seen a more powerful wizard. We would be honored if you would instruct our own, for a price of course.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

to GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    okay i edited a couple things in my EOT, mainly not actively hunting the marks. more details in the PM obviously.

1. i realize the bandits are not the most reliable men at first but they are experienced fighters. could i use MOR and ESP to purge them of these habits? atleast enough to leave my caravans alone.

2. all i was really aiming for was a turn or 2 to get things in order anyways. what kind of infrastructure and economic systen do the warlords have in place? would increased trade with them encourage them to leave most of my caravans alone? if so hopefully my shipments of helaudit and silversmith goods will help in beginning that proccess.

3. the protectorate contact refers to the protectorate of blood right? i know they are isolationist but they have to have atleast some trade routes right?

27. - Top - End - #657

NinjaGuy

The Meeting [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "If our intentions were to erase the Cult, then we should proceed as you say.

But our true intentions are to ambush and kill the Librarian, by forcing her to come to hostile ground.

If she comes and attack us, we'll kill her.
    If she stays hidden, we'll destroy the Cult in a flashy way that will, at least, scare or divide her followers.

Thet is why I suggested to ambush her at Dogma and not, for example, in Northside. She doesn't have teh neighbourhood in full grip, yet she must fight us for dominance to avoid looking weak before her followers."

GM PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, that's the case. Thanks!

Quick question, are the men in the Palace trapped, or can they go out if needed?

To Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Madame Beteoui presents the first list of candidates for diplomatic positions]

"Will we take position in the Embassies now? When can we start to work?"

28. - Top - End - #658
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mercantile's guild

the council
    Spoiler
    Show
    i believe the training of my own trade advisors should be done within the month and then we can work out the remaining details such as protection details and the like.

29. - Top - End - #659

The Meeting [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is decided, then. Troops will be sent into Dogma to lure the librarian out, while efforts to undermine her support will continue.

The Wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    You will receive half of your payment up front, the other on delivery.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Image to come

Buy my music here

30. - Top - End - #660
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Esoteric Society of Gentleman Explorers
    Spoiler
    Show

Okay. We'll deliver the bombs shortly.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show