New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Broken City

The Heladuit Court

A Public Response

"Count my children. Use your fingers if you have to, I understand things like this may be difficult for you. Now, if you were very careful, you may have gotten the correct number. Zero. I don't have any children. What I do have is a position at the head of a house who accepts people into the family based on their merit. If somebody lacks the ability to do basic tasks (like math, in your case), then I don't see why you begrudge me my position above them. If there is somebody with the skills and class required to be a Heladuit who wants to be a Heladuit, we allow them to. What could be more gracious than that?"
    My last breath... ...is also my mintiest...

Avatar credit goes to a strictly platonic friend.

Former Avatar credit goes to Howl.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #812
    Bugbear in the Playground

Orsag's Temple Lodge to Gear's Chosen (8)
    Spoiler
    Show

"It is not their return that you should be wary of, my child, but rather their reappearance when they rise again. Have you, perhaps, heard the saying 'Old necromancers never die?'" He smiles. "The more common form is 'A man never dies while his name is still spoken,' but in this case I fear the meaning is more literal."
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

3. - Top - End - #813
    Colossus in the Playground

Blackhand, reply to Heladuit

"No matter how much your ego eclipses that of everyone else, you are not the entire noble class, Heladuit. You may be a loveless Eunuch, but there is plenty of Nepotism to go around."
    Resident Vancian Apologist

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground

Gears Chosen

Orsag's temple lodge
    Spoiler
    Show
    Joshua sighs Yes, I suppose as heinous a cancer as theirs is hard to exterminate root and branch, at least without doing unacceptable damage to what we wish to protect.

Looking around the lodge, and at the priests well armoured form, Joshua continues It seems that you, and your counterparts in the other churches, are more then able to defeat any sort of horror the necromancer can conjure individually, but the problem is manpower. The Fields are vast, the graves are many, and you are woefully few. I can fix that, commit enough troops to organize a sort of "grave guard" and patrol the Fields for any signs of the undead menace. With the approval and hopefully the help of you and your counterparts of course.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mercantile's guild

EDIT: to GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    i realize this is a big project but would it be possible to set up shop in one of the closer abandoned cities? city politics are worrying me with the wardens threatening war.

to doctor vasiri
    Spoiler
    Show
    i will give out the neccesary orders...although i dont think they will be important until the city quiets down. i recieved word from an unnamed source that someone in the city plans to attack my holdings

king james[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    your telling me that despite all the trouble in the city, the wardens threaten war on a petty merchant house that has done nothing but work on rebuilding the once thriving economy this city had? they say we are growing too fast when others are growing twice as fast? they say we are conspiring with warlords for trying to make peace? in actuallity there are only a few warlords who actually need to be dealt with. the others seem able to listen to reason.
    Last edited by oblivion6; 2012-09-13 at 04:54 PM.

6. - Top - End - #816

The Heladuit Court

D. Esp: 4

"First mathematics, and now a misunderstanding of basic anatomy and sexuality. It does not take a eunuch or a lack of willing partners to keep from having kids, you know. It is in fact easier than you can probably imagine (especially given my inferred bounds of your imagination).

How is it that you ended up as the leader of any sort of organization?"

The Brotherhood of the Flowering Rose [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

It would be a shame for the symbol to falter while it stands above your brotherhood then, after it has endured so much. Tell me, is there anything specific you would ask of the Heladuit Court to protect this neighborhood from Telen Kosh and the Defeated, or would you rather leave these things to my judgement. I assure you, I use the same judgement in military and political matters that I use in culinary matters.

*Meredia finished off the last of her dessert, a pastry designed to look like a pig trying to be a pastry. It was also designed to be delicious. Meredia giggled slightly before speaking.*

"I have good judgement!"
    Last edited by Copper8642; 2012-09-13 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Added in that it's a PM convo
    My last breath... ...is also my mintiest...

Avatar credit goes to a strictly platonic friend.

Former Avatar credit goes to Howl.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Bloodhaven

Mercantile Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

''An attack on your holdings? Can you please elaborate? Is that a retaliation by the smugglers?''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty:

To the Mercantile Guild [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Their exact words were;"

'They could give up their delusions of grandeur and become just an ordinary guild of merchants instead of building a private army, collaborating with psychopaths and mass murderers and controlling the main route in and out of the city while putting the toll money in their own pockets'

"Also, why did you just warn Doctor Vassari about an attack? The Wardens may be able to read your messages."

James sighs.

"I'll probably get a message from the Wardens in a few minutes demanding an explanation. Let's concentrate on solving this thing. What's the problem with giving up the bridge, and what do you want in exchange?"
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-09-13 at 05:46 PM.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mercantile's guild

to doctor vasiri
    Spoiler
    Show
    i can say no more through such public channels and i cannot spare anyone to meet with you however if you could maybe send someone? i am not even sure if this threat is real ut the source is reliable

to champions
    Spoiler
    Show
    "private army? i can barely protect my trade-routes with whats available. i warned the good doctor because he has a right to know. i made sure to not reveal anything incriminating over public channels. General Brador paused before saying more.

we have no real reason to keep the bridge for any extended periods of time but currently i do need it to ensure the success of my operations in reclaming the shattered-lands for the city. i am working on esablishing out-posts and forts to cut down on bandits and warlord troubles.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    "What if I order the Wardens to accept your help? They control the bridge, and you can operate out of it, so long as you're not co-operating with the warlords."

"The problem with co-operating with any of the warlords, is that they're all ruthless murderers. Even if you can convince them not to attack us, they'll still murder someone, more than likely another one of this kingdoms settlements.
    "
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-09-13 at 06:10 PM.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mercantile's guild

to champions[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    if it is really necessary that it be handed over then fine...however i will need time to move our assets out of there. [in other words either this turn or the next if i ose stats.

not co-operating with warlords. merely a bribe to leave my work alone. obviously things will chage.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty

Spoiler
    Show
    James lets out what appears to be a breathe of relieve.

"Thank you. Honestly, thank you. I'll pass over what I control of Stockyards North now, and continue acquiring the rest for you."

((I think they'll be two economy their when I'm done, and it'll let you get the 2 extra influence for controlling all the stacks)).
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-09-13 at 06:49 PM.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Mercantile Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

''Unfortunately, I don’t have time for a visit right now. How grave is the threat?''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

14. - Top - End - #824

Orsag's Temple Lodge to Gear's Chosen (8)
    Spoiler
    Show

"And you are welcome to do so," said the priest. "I know that our order and certain others have already been patrolling the graveyards, but differences between us have stymied any thorough solution." He sighed. "They simply will not abandon their false gods, even in the face of something such as this. Well. We all do what we can, I suppose."

oblivion6 (GM PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

It could theoretically be done, but it would also be a fantastically bad idea, considering the lifeblood of your Guild is trade and no one goes to one of the dead cities to trade. Such a thing as a Mercantile's Guild only exists in Sav Altulas at all because it is a living city and has things that other nations are willing to trade for. No caravans would pass your way in Orn Taligrad.

Brotherhood of the Flowering Rose to Heladuit Court (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

I am sure that you do, indeed. While your question is not without merit, it may be the wrong time for direct action. We would rather like to drive the Defeated out of the neighborhood, but if we were to do so the Righteous Army would strike at us immediately afterwards, thinking us weakened and easy prey--and they could very well be right. It is a complicated situation we find ourselves in, my friend.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

IC
    OOC

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

15. - Top - End - #825
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution:

TO: the artists of Dozen Dancers:
    Spoiler
    Show

Would any of you be willing to accept the patronage of the Revolution? We would pay a small sum (2 WEL) if you would create some songs, paintings, poems, etc that lead people to the greatness of democracy

Go Tigers!

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ogre in the Playground

Gears Chosen (8)

Orsag's Temple Lodge
    Spoiler
    Show
    Joshua nodded in sympathy To deal with unbelievers is always a trial, but in this case I feel that even if complete cooperation is impossible, at least some sort of arrangement should be made. I hope we can count on your support

To ALL of the Temples of the Mendicant Fields (separately)
    Spoiler
    Show

Greetings,
    Just as I'm sure your order does, the Gears chosen finds the continuing presence of the corrupting taint of Necromancy in the Mendicants Fields intolerable. To remedy this, we are deploying a force to drive them out, and to patrol the Fields for the foreseeable future to ensure they don't return. We hope that you can agree to these goals even if there are certain rather drastic doctrinal difference between our religions, and that you will join us in a unified guard for the Fields to put up a united front against these monsters.

If you are unable to agree to this for some reason, but still wish to help, at least slightly, we would ask that we divide the fields into area's of responsibility, to ensure that manpower is not wasted going over the same area constantly while miles of other graves are unguarded.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

17. - Top - End - #827
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mercantile's guild

doctor vasiri/GM[PM?]
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: i suppose technically we could use this as a PM since the meeting of guilds never officially ended and i could just pull doctor vasiri aside after the meeting without using up its action. is that correct zemelac? if not i can edit out this post.

Spoiler
    Show
    i am not sure how grave this threat is since im not entirely sure if i believe the informant...king james has notified me that unless i turn over the traitors bridge then the wardens plan to attack me. their reasons are for me growing too quickly and co-operating with the warlords.

king james
    Spoiler
    Show
    i will work on beginning a handover of the bridge then as long as you get the wardens to leave us alone.

[technically i wont have full control of the stacks quite yet. would need the shipwrights and carriage houses. damn murska always ruining things]

to GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    would i lose stats if i turned the traitors bridge over?

i mainly meant tturning the abandoned city into a military camp of sorts where i could retreat too if necessary.

18. - Top - End - #828

Artists to Ram Revolution (0)
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes! Absolutely. While such small coin may not seem like much to you, to those of us who work with word and brush it is a princely sum indeed.

Mendicant Temples to Gear's Chosen (4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Ah, excellent. We have long hoped for the day when the city would rise up and drive these monsters into the darkness where they belong.

oblivion6 (GM PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Leaving that as a PM is fine.

Yes, you would lose stats when you turn Traitor's Bridge over. It has several points of Wealth attached to it.

And I suppose building forts in the dead cities would be a possibility, but I must warn you that you will have to defend against other things that may have taken up residence among the ruins.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

IC
    OOC

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

19. - Top - End - #829
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution:

To: Artists
    Spoiler
    Show

Excellent! We look forward to seeing your work - you can send your work to the local freedom arches, it's where you'll get your pay as well.

Go Tigers!

20. - Top - End - #830
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Mercantile Guild [PM?]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I don't find the idea of Wardens robbing merchants, that farfetched, although it could be a ploy by King James to scare you into supporting him for his protection.''

''Well. Traitor's Bridge in the hands of Wardens is a completely unacceptable idea. If this turns into an outright extortion, feel free to notify the Guilds. I will support your position.''

21. - Top - End - #831

NinjaGuy

To King James [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Im sure we can do something to help you find an orator, your Majesty.

I like "James", may I call you James?"

Madema Beteoui smiled.

"And about the Ram... There are two ways to deal with an enemy. One is to befriend him and disarm him.
    That's what we mean. The Ram cannot (Will not!) win without bloodshed. Many, specially the Old Houses, will not allow that.

They will have to negotiate with us. Bu that, tehy will lose their fangs. We need greater influence to make sure we don't lose ours.

Do you have any ideas to expand our power for now?"
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2012-09-14 at 05:54 AM.

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I will be contributing to the Airship Project as outlined in the budget. My Verdan Contacts will assist all in Airships construction and we have agreed with Mercantile Guild, that Diplomatic Corps would be sent to Verdan to secure their aid in constructing the Aeroyard.''

''Mercantile Guild should use its Warlord Contacts to recruit the birdmen as sailors for the Airships, with aid of Silversmith's jewellery.''

''The only alteration to the proposed budget, is that I believe rooting out the mysterious organization in the Guild Row takes precedence, so we should postpone Spider Web project and concentrate our agents on rooting it out.''

[OOC - Okay. I hope this Guilds thing works, unlike the Council, where only Mercantile Guild put any real resources to my proposals. I've put in my EoT, that we get profits according to our contributions, so let's do it.]

Vasari to Kylar DePoche [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Mr. DePoche. I'm aware, that you are on retainer with Wardens. Are you still avaialable for hire and would the details of our conversation remain private between us?

[If he answers yes to both:]

''What would be the price for assisting me in removing one, Librarian of Elements?''
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-09-14 at 08:12 AM.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Troll in the Playground

SGA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I would prefer that the airship project be put on hold for the moment. Although it may indeed be profitable there are certain infrastructure elements that should be built first. Namely a guild hall. Quite frankly I cannot afford to meet like this every month. There are things I must personally oversee in my guild's business. Creating a secure hall for meetings, while not inherently profitable, will greatly increase the Sausage Guild's ability to contribute to future projects. And we cannot afford both to build a meeting hall and to contribute to the airship project.

GM: Is a Guild Hall that doesn't require VIPs possible? How much would it cost.

24. - Top - End - #834
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

SGA/GM
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC: I'm building a Medico Guild Hall in the Guild's Row. Will it give me a free PM? How much would it cost.

And I'm not requesting too much (I think) from each member for Airship Project. I think we have resources for both.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Let us worry about the Airships for now. As the Sauseage guild says, infrastructure is the key here. Lets get the infrastructure built up, then move on to the income expanding projects.

To GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    EoT Addon, any WEL/anything I get is going to help Airship construction.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

26. - Top - End - #836
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To the Soverign Guilds [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You're quite right, too many ministers of finance, and public affairs. I'll remove the Blackfist from public affairs, no point in pretending they'll accept the position."

"As to the Ministry of Finance, the Heladuit court will handle internal growth.
    The Mercantile guild are responsible for foreign trade and customs. The Exchange will control the banks, set interest rates, maintain financial and monetary stability. The UAL will handle labour disputes and employment."

"That leaves the Sausage Guild, and the the Silversmith's guild. The vacant positions are the ministry of Magic, Culture and Agriculture. Which do you want, or have you got a better suggestion?"

"As to governors, the ministries handle city-wide policy, the governors handle local policy. The two groups collaborate to run the city.

"As an example, if a particular neighbourhood is suffering form high crime, the Governor of that neighbourhood takes the problem to the Captain of the Watch (Minister of Civil order). The Captain then collaborates with the other Governors, works out where watchmen can be taken away,and sends them to where they're needed."

"The governor also collects the taxes, some of which are sent to the ministries, the rest kept by him to improve his neighbourhood. He also solves any local problems not under the purview of any of the ministries."

"The reason for joining me, is simple. Together we are all stronger. Together we are more capable of defending ourselves against threats, growing as a nation, and helping our people to live the good lives they deserve."

To House Wallen [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You may call me 'James'."

"The Ram can't win without bloodshed, but that does not prevent them from being a significant hindrance to the city, degrading the peoples faith in me, causing civil disorder and generally disrupting progress."

"In this case, if they do not resort to violence, significant suffering would be stopped, if they were to be eliminated by force."

"What is your opinion on this?"

To the Gears Chosen [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Thank you for that information. I have no problem with any of that. I wish you the best of luck, and am grateful for your support."

"Feel free to call on me if you need anything in the future"
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-09-14 at 02:41 PM.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to the Gear's Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, it's always worth having a chat to prevent any misunderstandings later on. What is it that you would want to speak of?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ogre in the Playground

Gears Chosen (8)

To Wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    Although we have reached a temporary agreement with them, our relations with the heretics in the Mercantile Guild are still rather..strained. Might we ask your opinion of them?

To Champions
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am in fact able to provide some information on the second of the projects at this point. The Grand Designer is working on something of a combination between a lightning rod and conductor. The idea is to gather electricity from the sky, and when it is struck by a bolt from the heavens, utilize the energy to power the machinery of the area. This would both free us from a reliance on outside coal mines and allow the city to powered with far less labour or effort, if reproduced correctly around the city. Am I right in believing you might find this idea interesting?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

29. - Top - End - #839
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty

To Gears Chosen [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I would be very interested in something like that. If it works, it'll be a brilliant tool. How long do you think you'll need to perfect the prototype? When its done, we can contact the sovereign guilds, they should have the money to see it's put to proper use."

30. - Top - End - #840
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Gear's Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, can't say we like them. They're dealing with the warlords and risking the city. We have to our knowledge reached a diplomatic solution to the current tensions but we'll see.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.