New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: Total War: Broken City

The Champions of Sovereignty

To the Gear's Chosen [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Thank you. I will relay your needs to the Sovereign Guilds Association."

To the Sovereign Guilds Association
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Greetings. I wish to speak with you about a possible economic investment. The Gear's chosen have been working on a project to harness the energy of lightning bolts for practical uses. Given the power of such things, this project might prove very useful."

"They tell me that with a bit of funding, they may be able to complete the project by the new year. I'm simply passing on this information, I'll leave you to talk through the details with the Gear's Chosen, if you decide to aid them."

"As a final note, the Gear's Chosen are not conventional in their research. As they put it; 'the Chosen do not deal in prototypes, each Incarnation is an aspect of the Divine, created in a frantic trance by the Designers involved.'"

"Until our next meeting."

King James

2. - Top - End - #872
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution

TO: Council
    Spoiler
    Show

I'll be there.
    -Constantine Richter

Go Tigers!

3. - Top - End - #873
    Ogre in the Playground

Gear's Chosen (9)

To the Champions of Sovereignty
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have our thanks, your majesty. Assuming that certain issues of territorial practicality can be resolved amiably, we'd be happy to provide whatever sort of energy is needed to your own works and those of the guilds if enough support is given. Even simple heating would surely be useful over the winter

To the Ram
    Spoiler
    Show
    Regarding the pits, may I ask to what use exactly you'll be putting our forces? At the moment the Golden Pyramid will be sitting idle for the month, and if you simply need certain gangs rooted out or destroyed, it can provide more power then the regular forces we would otherwise be able to provide, especially with the new contingent of frost mages accompanying and focusing it.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

4. - Top - End - #874
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Melissan Blaine, Visiting Lord Founder [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Melissa has arrived to the temporary lodgings, where the Lord Founder was resting after his day on the battlefield.

’’I’m worried, that Lord Founder’s recent injury may affect him, after the strain of fighting. If you would allow, I’d like to do a medical examination.’’

Assuming Melissa is allowed to meet Lord Founder and preform examination in privacy.
    Spoiler
    Show

[I hope Anti-Magic Trait of ESGE makes this meeting extra secure.]

’’Can I ask you something. Are you secure from scrying? Certainly, facing Mages, you would have taken such precaution. There must be various tricks to make it impossible.’’

Melissa clasped her hands looking at the Lord Founder, her face betraying a deep concern.

’’I have been untruthful about the reasons for my visit, though checking on your wounds is certainly required. However, it is also a believable excuse, for me to attend you. Dr. Vasari sent me. He fears, that he may be watched and doesn't wish to betray his movements. Lord Founder. Did you find anything odd about this war against the Librarian?’’

Now that they were alone, the fear in the young woman was recognizable. It was controlled and certainly not an absence of bravery, that robbed one of her wits. After all, many saw as she went to the front lines to carry the wounded away. Others followed her into danger. And yet the worry in her face was unmistakable and she didn't try to conceal it.

Vasari to ESBA [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

’’Unfortunately I am unable to attend due to other engagements. I apologise for this and for dallying in seeking a more dedicated representative of Triphage Untima.’’

’’Can I make a request for you to allow me access into the ESBA archives on the history of our fine City?’’

Zelmac [Only]
    Spoiler
    Show

Okay. If I’m granted access to ESBA archives. Historical records. Blacksage District. It doesn’t seem to fit with the rest of the city. Why? How was it started? Any powerful groups of mages linked to it? A long shot, I admit, but you start turning stone, and then you turn up dead... Wait, that came out wrong.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-09-18 at 02:00 PM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

5. - Top - End - #875
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 7)

TO: Gears Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show

How precise is the Golden Pyramid? Would it take out an entire block, or take out a building and leave the ones beside it still standing? The first is too much collateral damage. The second could be used on their main hiding spots, while my street forces sweep up the survivors.

Go Tigers!

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ogre in the Playground

Gear's Chosen (9)

to the Ram
    Spoiler
    Show

At it's most focused it can hit an area about thrice the size of a stout man in all directions, the greater problem is fires unleashed by it's power spreading. Luckily the frost mages helpfully supplied by the Dreumont make directing and containing any fires easy enough.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

7. - Top - End - #877
    Bugbear in the Playground

Melliso Daph (songwriter) to Ram Revolution (7)
    Spoiler
    Show

I will do my best, most honored Ram. I do not have much experience with the sort of music you are describing, but I believe it is always good to try new things.

Gerald Neilson to Mercantile's Guild (4)
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC: I'll look up the cost of BPW3 in my notes when I get off work today, and get back to you on that.

Shipwright's Guild/Host's Watch to Mercantile's Guild (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank you for the warning. We will stand ready to defend our homes, but hopefully it won't come to that.

Mendicant Temples to Gear's Chosen (9)
    Spoiler
    Show

Keeping the different orders of holy warriors separate from each other will be tricky. Your suggestion of yourselves acting as a third-party coordinator is a good one, though I must warn you that putting Jujhar Lions and Guardians of the Faith on the same patrol will most likely result in bloodshed.

Dreumont to Gear's Chosen (6)
    Spoiler
    Show

Of course! While our frost mages may not be fully up to Elsinier standards, I assure you they will be more than competant at any task you would care to set them to. As for a home in Icy Mont, there are several that could do; if you like, I will have someone give you a tour later this week.

The Defeated are...hmm. They worship Elsinier gods, as you may know, but they themselves are not the most pleasant of people. I'm not too sure what to think of them, to be honest, though with the Flowering Rose having finally made its move I may not have to think about them for much longer.

UAL to Gear's Chosen (2)
    Spoiler
    Show

Indeayd tis! Got all the bits and pieces ya wanted in top shape.

As fer your "reorganization," not too sure what you's meaning by dat. I'm gonna be needin' some more details.

OOC: A bit, yes, but bribes are kind of commonplace in the UAL so the effect is less dramatic than you might like. Regardless, they'll do what you want as long as you're paying them.

Thelonius (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

I'll write up a brief history once you have access to the records.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mercantile's guild

to council
    Spoiler
    Show
    the Trader will personally attend.

to Gears-Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show
    i believe that those were sent but i will make sure. may have been an administrative error.

to wardens/champions[4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    i will get straight to the point, as you know what this is in regards to.

i have discussed this matter with many of my advisors and trusted allies, and we have determined that giving up traitors-bridge is not a price we are willing to pay. it would severely hinder everything we have worked for so far.

i understand that this is in response to my "co-operating" with the warlords. i dont exactly understand where you got the idea, sure i tried to negotiate a deal with them to leave the cities caravans alone but those negotiations went nowhere as expected so i initiated my contigency plan to begin construction of the forts along the roads. i am not co-operating with the warlords.

as to your second concern of the guild growing to fast, i have this to say: there are plenty of factions who are growing MUCH quicker than us, factions who have done nothing to support the council or the city as a whole.
    Last edited by oblivion6; 2012-09-18 at 06:05 PM.

9. - Top - End - #879
    Barbarian in the Playground

Esoteric Society of Gentleman Explorers [6]

Champions of Sovereignty
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are of course free to do as you wish, but I feel that that is not a good idea. Sending your men after Redeye is in excellent way to get them to killed. That man is a monster.

In addition, I fear for the MU's infiltration of the city. I would not neglect that area for fear of becoming compromised.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

10. - Top - End - #880

Unidentified to Gear's Chosen (9)
    Spoiler
    Show

We cannot at the moment afford to give you any further support than we have. If that situation changes, I assure you you will be the first to know.

-CC

oblivion6 (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Black Powder Weapons III from Neilson is indeed 10 WEL.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

IC
    OOC

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

11. - Top - End - #881
    Ogre in the Playground

Gear's Chosen

To Mendicant Temples
    Spoiler
    Show
    Of course, all patrols will consist only of members of one faith, along with a representative from the Chosen to prevent any unfortunate intersections. in addition, all temples will of course be the ones patrolling the grounds for their own hallowed ground and honoured dead, the cooperation would largely be in the graveyard at large.

As for matters of funding, while the chosen will be happy to supply any funds needed for initial start-up, in the long run a more equitable distribution of resources would be preferred. May we suggest that each temple provide 5-10% of their tithes to make sure that all patrols are well equipped enough to fight off any necromancers or other intruders? With those temples providing more men for the patrols providing less funds, for obvious reasons.

To Dreumont
    Spoiler
    Show
    True, it's a shame they focused on the worst part of our great culture. My brethren's fascination with such detestable gods is really a black mark upon all of the Elsiner, if only because it means they must deal with creatures as detestable as the Defeated in their temples. Well, I suppose the tailors out of Heavensgate will deal with them soon enough.

Regardless, we'll be sending some forces to finish restoring righteous order to Jacks Run and seeing what would be worthwhile to focus the rebuilding process on, any aid on your part would be greatly appreciated.

To UAL
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, to be frank, the organization of our territory since we have arrived has been disturbingly, if understandably, ad hoc. With the progress made on his current project, the Grand Designer feels that a more permanent and stable model of social organization is called for. At the same time, we'll be rebuilding Jacks Run, and have an intriguingly blank slate to do so.

So, we want to invite organizers and Union Reps, along with whatever support they feel is necessary, to establish a firm, formal and useful hierarchy of skilled labour in the factories and Jack's Run. This means sub-divisions by skill set, a formal organization with multiple tiers of ranks, and all of that. In essence, we want to know exactly who to talk to in order to get whatever sort of job done, and since you have the best skill set in this sort of thing, I thought you would be the best to provide this reorganization.

This would also include Jacks Run of course, meaning there's quite a lot of recruitment opportunities that would open up for you. And as your men would be part of the formal organization, the size and regularity of union dues would of course be entirely up to you.

In return there are simple a few actions we might ask you to take regarding some of those who operate out of your docks, in the future. and obviously this would require a certain melding of organization hierarchies outside of the Underdocks.

to the Mercantile Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    An "administrative error"? Of course, well we shall expect that both the books of inventory and anything else that might have been lost in the paperwork to be delivered promptly, along with the coin previously discussed.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

12. - Top - End - #882
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

to GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. hell, i probably wouldnt outright buy it in 1 turn anyways. would he accept the 14 WEL over 2 turns in exchange for BPW IV?

2. heres a sort of last ditch idea i have if things go really bad: i assume the warlords would be quite interested in claiming Sav Altulas for themselves? basically what im thinking is if i get taken down then the entire city goes down. i figure i have access to the major route into the city and once its rebuilt the city would be quite the prize. i huess my real question is if i invited warlord troops into the city would they accept the offer?

3. i think i need some magic. could i use WEL and some ESP to buy up all the magical artifacts i could? the ESP would actively be searching for the best deals in town.

4. say i was attacked but the shipwrights or travelers-quarters were not in direct danger, would they send their local forces to support me?

5. i believe the price to hire city of bell mercenaries is 4:1[WEL:MIL]? would they be open to training my soldiers? not within the shattered-lands but within my own neighborhoods? basically this would have the added bonus of me having mercenary forces helping me in case the Wardens attack.

6. do i have any idea on the abilities and limitations of the gears glided pyramid?

13. - Top - End - #883
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Gear's Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show

Apparently they've decided to go back on their word in our case.

How far and with what capabilities are you willing to take this?

Wardens to Champions of Sovereignty
    Spoiler
    Show

We trusted your diplomacy on the matter, but it appears to have failed. In the interests of common peace, we'll give them one more chance - if they refuse, we expect you to stand behind us as we have stood behind you, not only in words but also in action.

Wardens to Mercantile Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

Well then. As you clearly are not concerned about the safety of the city and inhabitants within, I shall take it on faith that you've the means to back your words.

What is your counteroffer to allaying the fears of me and my men?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Market Guard [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I’m in need of a loan. Would you be able to provide [4+ WEL]?''

''Also, I would like to talk to the Singing Swallow’s cook about his cooking methods. Where is this restaurant located?''

Peacocks [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I would like to request the support of your ESP, that I have asked for the previous month.''

[And naturally, what my men have found in Verdan… I guess they liked that mission… Anyway, all information passed to Peacocks.]

Laheim Mercenaries [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

[I was planning to talk to them, as soon as I saw they were recuperating in the Bloodhaven. I expect they’d be more positively inclined to me.]

''I would like to inquire, if I could hire your forces, or have they been crippled by the attack by Gear’s Chosen? How many soldiers do you have and what is their price?''

''I’m also a representative of the Sovereign Guilds Association, the wealthiest Guilds in the Sav Altulas. I believe I can arrange for a number of lucrative contracts for you. If you send a representative to Guild’s Row or move your operations there, you will find no shortage of work.''

[I’d like to link Laheim Contacts with Commerce House Trait, so all factions with Commerce House Trait could gain their services. Will it require some expenditure to put them on retainer?]

SGA Commerce House [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

[Disclaimer: Please assume all of these conversations are private and speaking about them to the third parties would constitute a breach of trust. By reading this, you have agreed to the conditions of confidentiality.]

Laheim Mercenaries

''I’m negotiating with the Laheim Mercenaries, so they would provide their services, exclusively to the SGA.''

Gear’s Chosen

''I would like to hear from Technists Guild, whether that ‘’lightning machine’’ is a solid concept and how it can be turned into profit.''

''I admit I’m apprehensive of Gear’s Chosen, due to their aggressive expansion and feuds with other members of the SGA.''

Silversmith Guild

''I’m in need of the services of your agents. Would it be possible to hire all o them for an operation for 1 WEL per 1 ESP?''

Sausage Guild

''Greetings. I would like to inquire, if I would be able to procure services of a small force of your fighters, skilled in the arts of tunnel warfare?''

''Also, I've heard rumors, the Mint might have certain contacts [ESP]. Would it be possible to contact them discreetly over your tunnels, to procure those for a fair fee?''

[OOC – I’d like to take advantage of your Assault Tunnelers Trait.]

Technists Guild

''I’m interested, if in the process of developing your flying machines, you’ve also looked into more personal methods of air transportation, such as artificial wings or smaller balloons?''

Mercantile Guild

''I’ve been hearing some strange rumours about some negotiations you are in with Wardens and Champions of Sovereignty. Can you keep me informed and extend an invitation to join the negotiations, if I deem it necessary?''

Heladuit Court & Silversmith Guild

''I’m growing concerned about the security of the Bloodhaven. It’s dangerous times and my hospital is a lucrative target. Can I ask you, that should it be attacked, you’ll send some of your forces as reinforcements? I will not forget this favour.''

Zelmac [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Can I use 1 MOR + Friends in Low Places to contact Blackbrace Gang via PM? Or via another trick?

Can't use up Vasari for this. Clever mechanic I admit. Makes for a lot of tension. Suddenly I'm in favor of VIPs having 1 free PM.

If I can:
    Super Secret PM - NOT GM, NO READING!
    Spoiler
    Show

''This message mustn't reach the eyes of the Shaker Mages, but you understand that. They are trying to usurp control from the Librarian and take control of the Blacksage District. You must have noticed how Librarian forces are the ones suffering the most damage. Once her power is completely broken, they'll assume control and it will be Silas Mok times ten as bad.''

''I might be able to do something about it, but I need your support. I'm counting on the Shaker Mages to underestimate you, as they would view non-Mages with contempt. That will be their undoing.''

I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

15. - Top - End - #885
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty

To the Esoteric Society: [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Thank you for your concern, but I'm not going to be sending my forces in blind. I'm coordinating a strike with the Order of the Wren, who have been working on this for months."

"When Redeye is dead, the force pursuing him will be free to stop the Mages Ubiquitous"

16. - Top - End - #886
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

The following messages were distributed around the city and pinned on walls and doors.

Dr. Vassari to Skeeve Redeye

''You must have heard how your attack failed to massacre the city block in Runner’s City. I have made an antidote.''

''You must be wandering how we discovered your little hideout in the God’s Hollow. That was Wren’s agents that are closing in on you right now and my knowledge of exotic poisons.''

''The trick with Judge and Mannequin. Figured it out five minutes after examining the body. That drug led me to the lake, and if it weren’t for an unfortunate distraction, you wouldn’t have made it off the boat.''

''I knew your next move right away, pity my men were just a little too slow, so you managed to pull off that trick with decoys and doctors. But they were very close, weren't they? Got another piece of flesh and pint of blood off you.''

''As they say, the city isn’t big enough for both of us, and you are the one, who’s leaving it in a wooden suit. I’m gathering the best man-hunters in the city to help me track you down, so I can finish you off personally. Well, I might give the honours to Wren, who wants your blood for the vile things that you did to the people of the Runner’s City. Or perhaps we’ll hold a public execution. I haven’t decided yet. You were a challenge to keep my wits sharp, but hardly a demon of legend.''

People of Sav Altulas

''People of Sav Altulas. You have heard about the Skeeve Redeye. The Demon. The God. The Fraud. Well, you probably haven’t heard about the last one. But you will soon, as I have seen through the smoke and mirrors, right into his bag of dirty tricks. I think I’ll write a book about them.''

''Wren and my men are hunting him for his crimes against people of Sav Altulas. I request, that they be granted passage and full cooperation, wherever they go.''

''Skeeve Redeye is badly wounded and out of most his tricks. He is still a very dangerous individual, but if you see him, do not fear to report his location. His vile story is at its end. A reward will be granted to whoever provides information that leads to his capture.''

17. - Top - End - #887
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Hath Poisoner's Society members
    Spoiler
    Show

I wish you the wisdom to see the writing on the wall. History shows, anyone who fights us is destroyed, but anyone who surrenders or simply gives up and leaves is left in peace.

Leave our district and you will live. Even better, stop fighting the law and join us in upholding it, and you will prosper. But if you continue to fight, you will continue to die.

Think on it.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

SGA Commerce House [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

On the Gears chosen Lighting generators, it might be possible. However, might be a bit erratic, given how few thunderstorms are rolling through, or they might be planing to use ambeint static... not entirely sure. We'll look into it.

And on smaller air travel, well, we can look into that too.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

19. - Top - End - #889
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren

To the Ram Revolution
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you are no doubt aware, I am currently in the business of hunting down the famed serial killer Skeeve Redeye, who has just recently made an attempt on my life.

My intelligence suggests that he may have fled into Ram controlled areas of Runners City. I must ask that my men be allowed to follow him. You have my word that their intentions are only to track and finish Redeye.

The Wren.

20. - Top - End - #890
    Ogre in the Playground

The EBSA

To Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    One last note, the council members including myself will be going into the Halls of Final Justice Condition Room, which is normally off limits to non-EBSA top personnel. You may bring guards, but they will not be allowed in the room- the matter we are discussing is too dangerous for even trusted guards to hear.

Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will allow you in the archives at a perhaps less dangerous time. You couldn't have chosen a worse time to dedicate your espionage forces in any direction other than the councils.

The City may hang in the balance. Good luck to you.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

21. - Top - End - #891

Mendicant Temples to Gear's Chosen (9)
    Spoiler
    Show

That seems reasonable, though most of the holy orders are already perfectly well-equipped for fighting necromancers. The fact that we have not until now been able to drive them out completely says that more is needed, however, and as such your recommendation has merit.

Dreumont to Gear's Chosen (6)
    Spoiler
    Show

I am not entirely sure what help we could be in rebuilding the Run. It might be better to let it lie in its own ashes. That is an ill-omened part of town at the best of times.

UAL to Gear's Chosen (2)
    Spoiler
    Show

Hrmph. Well, we'll see. We's already got a damn fine setup right here, but so long as union dues is bein' paid, what does it matter?

oblivion6 (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

1. Certainly, though he won't deliver until the full price has been paid.

2. Depends on what they think they could get out of it. If you're offering them treasure from the looting of the city, that's easy enough, but if you somehow offer them a decent shot at gaining full control over the city, well, there is no warlord out there who would say no to that.

3. Indeed you could. No comment on what the results might be.

4. Probably not, especially not the Shipwrights. They don't really have much in the way of military.

5. Certainly.

6. Moves slowly. Overheats easily. Requires sunlight.

Market Guard to Doctor Vassari (4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Absolutely. Considering how much you've helped us, it's the least we can do.

You'll find the Swallow on Roe Street, off the eastern edge of the Triangle.

Peacocks to Doctor Vassari (6)
    Spoiler
    Show

Of course. Many apologies for not being able to assist you earlier. Something came up that had to be dealt with swiftly.

Laheim to Doctor Vassari (6)
    Spoiler
    Show

"If you are referring to us specifically, we are part of [3 MIL] of Laheim fighters. This is mostly because that is all that those in Old Jack's Run were able to afford. We are expensive, as you may know. If you are referring to our House back in the City of Bells, or to the Laheim in general, I will admit to not really being sure. More than the humble men you see before you now, at the very least."

"I am not the one to arrange contracts, I am afraid. You can find a Speaker for the Houses to the south of here, in the Run--she speaks with the voice of Laheim, and may bind the Houses by her word alone."

Thelonius (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

i do not think you know what things are like here. there are few of uS now, and we are TIRed of late. so tired. many have fLed the dIstrict eNtirely, hopinG to find a place where there are no MAges. they were wise. our home is lost. we tried, last month, when the greyboys asked the same. there is nothing we can do. JUSt remember we tried.

||

Hath Poisoner's Society to Wardens (6)
    Spoiler
    Show

Of course. We will leave the city immediately.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

IC
    OOC

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

22. - Top - End - #892

Melissan Blaine, Visiting Lord Founder [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Indeed we are secure from scrying. We have been importing scrying wards from outside the city. The runes play merry hell with scrying spells, so I'm told."

"And I did indeed find this last battle strange. The mages fell into the trap far more readily than they ought to have. I believe they even knew it was there. Those mages who are captured or killed seemed to not quite understand what was going on, still making the motions of castings despite the lack of any noticeable effect, eyes vacant. It disturbed me deeply."

"Our intelligence missions have hit a wall, regrettably. Our contacts are vanishing, and people we have been working with for months suddenly turning hostile. I believe the Mages Ubiquitous has a high-ranking member in the city- likely a spymaster. Even the combined efforts of my organisation, the EBSA, the Champions of Sovereignty were unsuccessful in finding any information at all."

"I believe the true threat is no longer the Librarian, but the Mages Ubiquitous; a more dangerous enemy by far."
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!

Image to come

Buy my music here

23. - Top - End - #893
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mercantile's guild

to wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    i do not desire a war with you, especially as i would likely lose said war but i will do what i have to if it comes to that.

why is this bridge so important to you that you would risk war to obtain it?

to Gears-Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show
    of course. you shall recieve them early next month.

to SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Negotiations

sadly there is truth to the matters you speak of. basically the situation is as follows:

king james approached me, politely asking me to give up traitors-bridge....i refused as giving it up would ruin everything i have worked for. he then told me that the wardens were planning a strike on me unless i gave up the bridge. their supposed reasons are co-operating with the wardens, i have grown too fast which is clearly not true after looking at everything else.

so i turned to negotiations which in my opinion are not going to end well, especially as the Wardens are already approaching others looking for aid against me. i would of course accept any suggestions you might have on the matter, doctor.

i do not know what part the champions will play in this, but they are talking to the Wardens as we speak so theres no telling.

Gears-Chosen

i dont trust them. i expect them to come marching up alongside the warden army against me. they hate my guts.

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Melissan Blaine, Visiting Lord Founder [PM] [No Peeking!]
    Spoiler
    Show

''First, I must ask complete confidentiality. Please, do not reveal the contents of this conversation to anybody, without my consent. The enemy can be hidden in plain sight.'' Melissa pauses, as if searching for words, before beginning.

''Based on what Vasari told me. Librarian stopped being the real threat, the moment she made that foolish bargain with Mages Ubiquitous.''

''Silas Mok. The wizard she killed, was their agent. It must be the reason, why the Crimson Court exiled him. It’s a pity Librarian destroyed them, so we may never know.''

''Librarian is a puppet now, barely aware of what’s happening. Vasari considered misdirection to capture her and gain loyalty of her Mages, so they can turn on Mages Ubiquitous. The announcement about his hunt for Redeye was an obfuscation so he could marshal his resources in plain sight. The power of his enemy. He knew he was outmatched. Surprise was going to be his one trump card.'' Melissa stumbles at the word ''was'', her face distraught. She continues nevertheless.

''But he didn’t realize the extent of horror, that is happening in the Blacksage District. He thought Librarian was the only one controlled. It’s as you say and even worse. All of her allies have been suborned – Yellow Court, Blackbrace Gangs. I feel pity for them, dying on the battlefield, without understanding of what’s actually happening. If Vasari recognized what was happening just a month before…. But then, I don’t know if he could. It's just such a... vile thing.''

Melissa stops talking, clearly shaken. She looks at the Lord Founder. ''They know. Vasari thinks he’ll get killed, if he interferes again. I don’t know what he’ll do. Doctor hasn’t been the same, since he came here.’’
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-09-19 at 05:34 PM.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Ogre in the Playground

Gear's Chosen (9)

To Mercantile Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    In essence, we want everything delivered by the New Year, otherwise certain punitive measures may need to be entertained.

As far as payment, all of the remaining texts and 2 WEL should suffice

To Mendicant Temples
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent then, I'm glad we could work out a way to create a system that will keep the dead protected forever

To UAL
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's an offer really, we plan to rebuild Jack's Run, and figured you might want to get in on the ground floor and ensure that everyone there understands the way things work beforehand

To Dreumont
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, it's an ill-omened place, and that's why we can't just let it rot, something worse would inevitably rise out of the pits
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

26. - Top - End - #896
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Mercantile Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

There are many threats to the city and the people within. Ones that simple merchants such as you are, and should be, unaware of. For the security of the realm and the rule of the law, we require control over the main entrances to the city. It is for the good of us all.

As for 'risking' a war, it is not as though there is any opposition to speak of. We could destroy you whenever we wished, but we have nothing against you specifically, you just have something that you cannot handle.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #897

Melissan Blaine, Visiting Lord Founder [PM] [No Peeking! Seriously!]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I expected as much, but never to quite an extent. Silas Mok their agent... yes, that makes all the more sense. Good god! If only we'd known sooner. This is clearly no longer a battle of military force, but of spies and hidden daggers; the type I despise worst of all, as you may never know who your enemy really is.

As for Vassari's... troubles... troubles with facing the MU, I can understand how he feels. Almost all of my allies in the Blackjack Boys and Home guard were lost in the initial assault of the Dead Campus.

From now on, you can consider me your full ally in this endeavor. Regrettably, though, the Champions of Sovereignty have shifted their spies to eliminating Skeeve Redeye from locating MU spies, so they will no longer be helping to uncover more of this diabolical plot unless we can convince them.

As you fear for your security, I can supply you with Scrying wards for the time being. We are currently importing them for (1 t.wel/turn).
    We need to find a safe place in the city. I can think of a few places, but I fear they may observe our comings and goings. Who can we trust?
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Image to come

Buy my music here

28. - Top - End - #898
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

All Guilds

''I feel compelled to inform the Sovereign Guilds Association about what I perceive as a grave threat to Sav Altulas and this organization. This is about Warden's attempt to extort Mercantile Guild for the control over Traitor's Bridge.''

''I have observed the Wardens and reached a conclusion. They are thugs. The Shattered Lands are filled with their kind. Bullyboys, who think it’s their destiny to unite the lands under their power. Except Wardens are better armed and disciplined then average bandit, and they are inside the city walls, free to pillage the Sav Altulas to fund their ambition.''

''If I have thought them capable of uniting Shattered Lands, I’d have urged a diplomatic solution. But I find them lacking. Their ruthlessness and brute force may have worked on city gangs, but if such approach could have restored Shattered Land, another Warlord would have done it a long time ago. They could have cooperated with Mercantile Guild in securing city trade routes. They could have sought agreement with Sausage Guild to secure provisions for their army. They could have contacted us about possibility of militarizing Airships and assistance with diplomacy to secure allies. But they are limited in their methods - brute force, extortion, destruction of any power structure, that’s not their own, false alliances and treacherous attacks. The Warlords have been doing it for decades and decades. They are very good at it. Wardens’s ambition will fail before them, and we’ll be the one paying the price.''

''Heladuit Court and Silversmith Guild. Once Traitor’s Bridge is in Warden's hands, the trade we have encouraged will be under their control. The same Wardens, who have repeatedly stated they wish neither trade nor diplomacy with Warlords. They’ll have a blade at our throats.''

''Technist Guild. The factories of Sav Altulas are working on the resources, brought by the trade with Warlords. When Wardens shut it down, the machinery of Smokeyards will die. I also expect they will use Gear’s Chosen against you, if only to secure a useful tool, to complete their domination of Sav Altulas.''

''Sausage Guild. You are well-entrenched in the Gilded Districted, so you’ll have least trouble from the Wardens. They’ll will leave you for the last, when there are none else left to stand against them. But they won’t leave you alone. You have seen their actions in their district. They perceive everybody else as a threat and they leave no enemies alive.''

''What do you think of this?''

[ESGE Reply Pending. A bit too tired to write now.]
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-09-19 at 07:16 PM.

29. - Top - End - #899
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 6)

TO: Gears Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show

that's excellent. With your pyramid taking out the gang's dens, and my men on the streets picking up the stragglers, we should be able to put a serious dent in the criminals presence in The Pits. We won't even set the adjacent buildings on fire thanks to your excellent mages

Go Tigers!

30. - Top - End - #900
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mercantile's guild

to wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    i dont think your representation of the bridge as "something we cannot handle" is accurate. under us trade has prospered and we have used our own gains to great effect in restoring the city.

SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    i will be putting all projects in the shattered-lands on hold and putting all available resources towards military assets until this crisis has passed. the hosts-watch and shipwrights guild are also mobilizing behind the scenes to repel any attackers.

they may have the larger army but without help they cannot win a war of attrition. but that leads us to the problem of their allies, the champions and gears-chosen. they both have a large military force as well as formidable netorks of assasins and spies.

technists guild: could i ask you to send us your blackpowder weapons tech? originally i planned on purchasing from neilson but then this situation came up. i will of course repay you.