New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Total War: Broken City

Technist Guilds Reply

We do have a question for you. Who watches the watchmen?

The Mercentiles guild fears it will be attacked, because according to you, "They were making deals with the Warlords and suspiesously rapid growth." Now, they have already opened their records on this to the SGA. We will doing a investigation to vertifiy its accuracy, but will admit the Doctor may have jumped the gun a bit. The Technists guild planed on looking into both sides, and making seeing if either side had merit.

Also, yes, there is no proff for either side right now. That is why we are requesting a investigation. To see if there IS proof or not. Then, if there is proof against either party, it can go to trial. And if there is not enough evidence to go to trial, then we let the matter drop.
    OOC;
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oblivion6 let the SGA read the messages between him and Murksa. The SGA already has the intel, and permission to release the matter as discussed in the Commerce House?
    Last edited by Grimsage Matt; 2012-09-20 at 09:55 AM.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

2. - Top - End - #932
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 6)

TO: Order of the Wren
    Spoiler
    Show

First, I apologize for missing your post.

Second: If it meant that redeye would die, I would let blackfists into Runner's City. In fact, I'll even loan you the use of 2 ESP as guides. They'll know the place better than skeever and should help catch them.

Go Tigers!

3. - Top - End - #933
    Colossus in the Playground

Blackfist to the Technists [6]

Spoiler
    Show
    We'll send you [1 wealth] in exchange for weapons next turn, then.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

4. - Top - End - #934
    Troll in the Playground

The Sausage Guild
    Def Esp 7

To Gear's Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have been informed that you have been working on a project to harness the lightning. We are interested in such a project and would like more information on what you have been able to do.

SGA Commerce House (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    To Bloodhaven
    What do you wish to use our tunnelers for, and where?

The Wardens
    We have no particular reason to dislike the wardens, but we are not terribly surprised that they are threatening the Mercantile Guild. Ever since the sorceress died they have been busily expanding their territory, and now that they control all of the Spicer's Circle a simple glance at a map shows that the Mercantile Guild is the weakest of their next avenues of expansion.

Personally we think some form of compromise solution would be best. We are still consolidating our efforts in the Gilded district so acquiring more time would be beneficial.

To Executive Bureaucracy of Sav Altulas, the Church of Neposh, and the Militia of Order and Justice
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are considering building a transportation network to help reduce the congestion of the city's streets. We have already constructed a tunnel network beneath the Gilded District, and it has been most succesful. Now we would like to expand our efforts throughout the rest of the city. Since Oldtown is central to the city we would like to concentrate our efforts there first. We don't wish to cause any misunderstandings though, and so we seek your permission before laying our routes through the Undercity.

To House Laurier
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are considering building a transportation network to help reduce the congestion of the city's streets and increase the efficient flow of the city's goods. We have already constructed a tunnel network beneath the Gilded District, and it has been most succesful. Now we would like to extend a branch line into Lomb Circle in order to gain access to one of the cities greatest markets.

To the Wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are considering building a transportation network to help reduce the congestion of the city's streets and increase the efficient flow of the city's goods. We have already constructed a tunnel network beneath the Gilded District, and it has been most succesful. Now we would like to extend a branch line into Spicer's Circle in order to gain access to one of the cities greatest markets.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

On Evidence

Extortion

The communications between the Wardens and Mercantile Guild, once published, should serve as definite proof.

Banditry

The witnesses from the Pepperstoch can vouch for the brutal oppression of their neighbourhood by the Warden soldiers. However, I’m concerned, that there could be a problem due to fear of reprisals against them and their families.

Treason

Threat to Trade and Industry of Sav Altulas:

The Wardens have stated repeatedly their hatred and refusal to deal with the Warlords. If given control over the Traitor’s Bridge they will have means of shutting down the city’s trade.

Promoting Chaos

As the war is raging in the Blacksage District, the strongest military in the city is busy plotting destruction of the Guilds. There are a lot of people, who take advantage of wars to loot and pillage. Wardens belong to their number.

Endangering Security of Sav Altulas

I believe that the Wardens plan to forge their Empire in the Shattered Lands by using resources of the Sav Altulas. Peace and stability of our land would be a great good. However, I find Wardens to fall short of their ambition. The height of their ability would be creation of another Warlord fief to add to the existing chaos. Sav Altulas would pay the bloody price for their failures. This is my personal belief, which I can’t provide proof for.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-09-20 at 11:08 AM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

6. - Top - End - #936
    Ogre in the Playground

Gear's Chosen (9)

To Wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    hmm, I suppose the Council Road is probably the best option, yes. Hopefully the Champions will provide an offensive from that angle on their own

To Technists Guild, Blackfist Brotherhood
    Spoiler
    Show
    We did not intend to cause any offence, I assure you. But the Underdocks are vital to our current stratigac operations, and we simply wish to ensure that they are undisturbed and untouched by the Technists Guild, as per our agreement.

If a similar sort of arraignment could be made with the Brotherhood, that would be excellent

To Sausage Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    Although the details exist only in the mind of the Grand Designer at the moment, as far as I'm aware ,the Incarnation attracts and conducts lightning into itself, converting the bolts of the Heavens into usable energy to us for industry in place of coal, making it more efficient both in terms of labour and cost. If you could provide the slight aid that would be necessary to finish it by the New Year we'd be happy to extend the infrastructure to channel the power to your territory.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

7. - Top - End - #937
    Bugbear in the Playground

Church of Neposh

To Sausage Guild (DESP 7)
    Spoiler
    Show

We may be able to assit in other ways as well. We currently have a tunnel network that encompases the entire city, although it may be deeper and narrower than you are wishing. We are willing to let you access those tunnels and improve them however you see fit not only in our territory, but all over the city. All we ask in return is that you allow us to spread the faith in the guilds districts and if needed, come to our aid.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Heladuit Court

D. Esp: 4

SGA House [PM]:
    Spoiler
    Show

The protection of the hospital is something that I cannot be assured we have the resources to effectively do, but I can agree to try and protect the hospital, should it be attacked.

Notably, someone here mentioned war games. Though it might not be in line with your current interests in having soldiers in your territory, any future thought to starting a series of wargames or blood sports, let me know. We have access to the arenas of Hobbespot, and have not had any special sort of show in awhile.

The Brotherhood of the Flowering Rose:
    Spoiler
    Show

"I believe we have done well for our initial actions. This is just a correspondence to reassure you that I am of course planning our next move. and will be sure to let you know of said plans.

I would also like to ask about the customs of your Brotherhood. Your dedication to the symbol of the Rose is intriguing and somewhat exciting to me. After spending the last [EOT] with your Brothers and Sisters, I am somewhat interested in the possibility of becoming a Sister myself, if you would have me.

-Meredia"

On the Wardens:

"Brutes, the lot of them. Send them away." - Markus Heladuit
    My last breath... ...is also my mintiest...

Avatar credit goes to a strictly platonic friend.

Former Avatar credit goes to Howl.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #939
    Troll in the Playground

Sausage Guild
    Def Espionage 7

To the Dove
    Spoiler
    Show
    It occurred to us that we never actually asked you to produce those coin prototypes. Have you done any work on them? If you haven't we wish to commission you to do so now.

10. - Top - End - #940

Esoteric Society of Gentleman Explorers [6]

Melissan Blaine, Visiting Lord Founder [PM]

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, this is true. About the note... There are some old ruins in the area around Sav Altulas. An unfinished Zancharian palace on one of the islands of Lake Brecombe, some long-abandoned Talidor villages in the woods to the northwest, but more likely the ruins of Dogma. or did you receive this before then?

I can supply [5 esp] for now, and lord Stigbalathad would be happy to aid with your investigation, as well as provide antimagic seals for your organisation.

We must be extremely careful and tactful in this endeavor. If for a moment they suspect what we do, all may be lost.
    Last edited by Nyrt; 2012-09-20 at 08:19 PM.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

11. - Top - End - #941
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

ESGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

[OOC - I’ve started formulating new plans and will post them later. The message was after the destruction of Dogma. Anyway, we should find out what the ESBA knows. The more we find out about MU and their plans, the better our chances. I can try to establish a contact through Mercantile Guild, if they have a spare VIP for PM or maybe you can come up with some plan. Again, can't use Vasari, he's got a semi-decent bonus to this... While our opponent is more then three times stronger. Groovy.]
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

12. - Top - End - #942
    Troll in the Playground

On the 'proof'

Extortion - Well, publish your so-called proof and we'll point out where you've gone wrong.

Banditry - Brutal oppression has nothing to do with banditry. Regardless, it is easy to find witnesses and other evidence for the fact that before the Wardens moved into Pepperstoch the neighbourhood experienced repeated riots and mob justice. Afterwards, there's been one, admittedly large, riot which was put down using the minimum in force. Strict punishments were dealt out to lawbreakers and so far things appear to have calmed down somewhat. Nothing has been required of the people other than the cessation of illegal activities such as destroying property and killing innocents.

Treason - Threat to trade: The city has precious little exports to the Shattered Lands for the simple reason that the Warlords want nothing we'd have that it would be ethically sound to sell them. Whereas the warlords themselves are a threat to our trade with actual civilized nations, and so eliminating that threat safeguards our trade. As for a threat to industry, considering our industry has near zero exports, I don't see how it applies.

Promoting chaos - Taking advantage of chaos and promoting it are two different things. We haven't fought in Blacksage, because we believed the war there strategically unsound. But you're accusing us of helping the MU, which is untrue. As a side note, no-one in the Wardens has ever looted or pillaged anything.

Endangering security of Sav Altulas - Your most serious accusation is just based on your personal beliefs which you have zero basis for? I would call this slander.

Wardens to Sausage Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

While we have nothing against you or the plan as such, your current choice of alliances forces us to postpone our permission for the tunnel until the current crisis is resolved.
    Last edited by Murska; 2012-09-20 at 07:58 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

13. - Top - End - #943
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

On the Trade with the Warlords

Ah, thats not quite true. Here at the Technists guild, we import coal from several mines out in the shattered lands, and our primary exports would be; Pots and pans, combs, several sets of cutlery, a fancy iron shield, and a few cases of reading primers. Also, don't they supply the city with the bulk of our raw meterials?

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #944
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Bloodhaven

On Wardens Issue

''The Extortion and Banditry accusations are easy to verify''

[OOC -Bad choice of word with Banditry]

''As for the issue of trade, I believe you have just provided all the proof.
    Wardens are concerned only with expanding Illarym trade, which would destroy the local production and make us dependant on the Empire.''

''I doubt that no matter how brilliant a military campaign, they’d be able to open trade routes to other nations, before the economy of the city collapses, due to the lack of trade.''

''And Sav Altulas has no exports? Trading with Warlords is unethical? People of Sav Altulus. Do you want Wardens in control of the city’s primary trade route? Or should we burn down Smkeyards and Heavensgate right now to save time?''

As for the war in Blacksage District I can see how it’s strategically unsound for Wardens. It’s however rather vital for the city.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-09-20 at 08:11 PM.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Troll in the Playground

On Bloodhaven Issue

The blue unicorn accusation is easy to verify.

As for trade, there's another baseless accusation, as well as conjecture based on your personal feelings.

Then, a straw man argument and appeal to emotion.

I'm glad that you've at least backed off on the final point.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

16. - Top - End - #946

Esoteric Society of Gentleman Explorers [6]

Response to Wardens and Bloodhaven
    No man is allowed to be a judge in his own cause, because his interest would certainly bias his judgment, and, not improbably, corrupt his integrity. With equal, nay with greater reason, a body of men are unfit to be both judges and parties at the same time; yet what are so many judicial determinations, not indeed concerning the rights of single persons, but concerning the rights of large bodies of citizens? And what are the different classes of legislators but advocates and parties to the causes which they determine? Is a law proposed concerning private debts? It is a question to which the creditors are parties on one side and the debtors on the other. Justice ought to hold the balance between them. Yet the parties are, and must be, themselves the judges; and the most numerous party, or, in other words, the most powerful faction must be expected to prevail. Shall domestic manufactures be encouraged, and in what degree, by restrictions on foreign manufactures? are questions which would be differently decided by the landed and the manufacturing classes, and probably by neither with a sole regard to justice and the public good. The apportionment of taxes on the various descriptions of property is an act which seems to require the most exact impartiality; yet there is, perhaps, no judicial act in which greater opportunity and temptation are given to a predominant party to trample on the rules of justice. Every shilling with which they overburden the inferior number, is a shilling saved to their own pockets.

One cannot judge for oneself one's own wrongdoings. Thus stems the need for an impartial judge in such situations as have arisen.
    Last edited by Nyrt; 2012-09-20 at 08:30 PM.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

17. - Top - End - #947
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mercantile's guild

on Wardens issue

i will consent to an investigation into my trade records. i will admit i was in the business of selling simple arms and armor to a few warlords for a couple weeks but those shipments have stopped. in hindsight i suppose it was not the best choice of action but it is not like it caused any harm at all since the warlords already had a surplus of such goods and i ordered them stopped not long after they started.

as to the extortion charges, on top of my recent negotiations with you i will publish a transcript of a conversation i had with king james where he confessed the Wardens plans to me.

Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm going to be honest with you, because I really want this to work. The wardens have told me they plan to attack you. They think you are a threat to the citizenry. They say you're growing too rapidly, 'expanding aggressively' as they put it. They think your co-operation with the warlords is tantamount to treason against the city."

"This deal with the traitors bridge is my compromise. I'm giving up my own resources for this. I need this to work. I'm not going to see innocent people hurt."

18. - Top - End - #948
    Troll in the Playground

On Politically Correct Issue
    So, the Mercantile Guild has just admitted to cooperating with the Warlords - something so aptly noted in the quoted message as tantamount to treason. In addition, they claim that the only way they know of our alleged plans of attack are through King James. This is clearly not extortion, for we have not threatened the Mercantile Guild. Rest assured that if we believe someone should be attacked, we will attack them, not threaten them.

As for the communique thus publicized, the good King has somewhat simplified our stance with the choice of wording "plan to attack". It is slightly different as to what we have, in fact, intended to do - namely, "force the Mercantile Guild to relinquish control over Traitor's Bridge to us". Actual fighting need not be involved, and hopefully is unnecessary.

As for literally "planning to attack", you should be made aware that the Wardens do have a set of plans created for the purposes of attacking, or defending, or even simply passing through any given neighbourhood in the city, and several other areas nearby as well, under a series of different possible circumstances.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #949

A new spectacle in the Arena

"Sandar Crame, of Crame Unlimited."
    The clerk's voice is dry, a sharp contrast to the jeering crowd and a balding, older gentleman is pushed into the middle of the arena. One of the sleeves of his coat is torn off, and he blinks, confused.
    "What is the accusation?"
    A young man steps forward.
    "He didn't pay me for three days because I showed up late for work!"
    On the high table, five faces turn around to face Crame.
    "But... I told him! That day I needed every hand! We had a delivery going out, the most important one of hte year, and he came in four hours late and drunk of his mind!"
    There are a few shouts from the crowd, but the five merely nod.
    "He said I couldn't have another holidays this year!""He called my daughter fat!"
    More shouts from the crowd, but one of the judges cuts them off.
    "Enough. Crame. You may go. Next!"
    The clerk speaks again.
    Ghadan Emray, of Risath, Emray and Pert."
    Emray is young, in his late twenties perhaps, and already developing a red nose and a hanging gut. His suit manages to be expensive but still badly tailored, too tight in the shoulders and around the waist.
    "This is outrageous! I-"
    He is cut off as the man next to him, young, dressed in black, chewing on a toothpick, slaps him with a bored expression.
    "Accusations?", the Clerk asks.
    An old woman steps forward, wringing a handkerchief in her hands, but her face cold and composed.
    "He told Pol 'n Vory to clean the looms. While they werre still running. Or they wouldn't get paid. Doctor Vasari says Pol will lose his right arm. Vory's on Mendicant's field now."
    A man steps forward, leaning on a cane.
    "He threatened to whip us, if we wouldn't work harder. When I was sick, his thugs kicked me."
    The accusations go on for a few more minutes, and the crowd becomes louder and louder.
    Finally, the five men nod.
    "I count two murders, six assaults, twenty-seven cases of endangerment. And nine-hundred and thirty-two cases of theft. I'd say those wages you never paid add up to another four or five starved children, wouldn't you say, Emray? This case can only end one way."
    Emray begins to sob as the tallest of the five men stands up and lifts a heavy sledge, his muscles straining. The crowd goes wild.

20. - Top - End - #950
    Bugbear in the Playground

UAL to Gear's Chosen (2)
    Spoiler
    Show

The Run, eh? Odd place ta be doin' business, but might be somethin' good could be made of it. Some a my boys might just end up lendin' a hand, dat dey might.

Dreumont to Gear's Chosen (6)
    Spoiler
    Show

That is one way of looking at it, I suppose.

Brotherhood of the Flowering Rose to Heladuit Court (4)
    Spoiler
    Show

My friend, though we have done well with each other, we have known you for but a month. Roses bloom in summer. Can you bring that season to this far more barren one?

The Dove to Sausage Guild (7)
    Spoiler
    Show

I've worked on some, mainly as an idle side-project. Our previous conversation got me interested in creating a replica of a Waterman link with less than standard gold value, and I may have let myself get distracted from the main thrust of our dialogue by that prospect.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

21. - Top - End - #951
    Ogre in the Playground

Gear's Chosen (9)

To the UAL
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent, we've got some work to be done, and we're sure Union Labour is the best way to do it.

To the Dreumont
    Spoiler
    Show
    After all, shouldn't we make an attempt to redeem and rebuild the the neighbourhood?

Regardless, we understand if you'd rather not have no part in dealing with the Neighbourhood from now on.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

22. - Top - End - #952
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

on Wardens Issue

i would hardly consider a bit of trading "cooperating" with the wardens. especially since what little profit we made from that trade went towards making the cities trade-routes safer. atleast we were not engaging in a petty series of wars within the city.

as to your claims that it was not extortion, your entire argument rests on a mere technicallity. i must give thanks to king james here since were it not for his warning then the guild would be fighting for its very survival right now, for the Wardens will have already launched their unprovoked assault.

in regards to your statement that violence need not have been commited, you made no attempt to contact me regarding this matter and were it not for king james you would have foregone all negotiations and just taken the bridge by force.

23. - Top - End - #953
    Troll in the Playground

On the Popular Topic

What you consider your deeds does not matter. I could consider murdering babies a funny sport, but that wouldn't make it any less illegal. Similarly, the end goals or results do not matter, only what was actually done.

When we are accused of extortion, and I successfully prove that no extortion has happened, I do not view it as a 'mere technicality'. This multi-pronged attack on Warden credibility reeks of desperate criminals grasping for straws, as even the charges seem to be changing at every passing.

Calling something unprovoked does not make it so.

Violence is never required. The Wardens issue a call to surrender before every battle, so that our enemies may lay down their arms and be judged fairly.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #954
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Wardens and Trade Issue

I would like for all factions of Sav Altulus to answer the following question, and request, that none remain silent.

’’Do you believe that all trade with Warlords must be stopped?’’

Zelmac [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Okay. I just uncovered a plot by Wardens to destroy 85% of the city trade, if not more. I request either an Influence or Reputation increase, since half of the city is dependent on the said trade. Heck, Vasari is angering the factions with the highest military and most feared reputation to protect all those people.

Perhaps people of Sav Altulus should start making their voices heard at this point. I mean I suspect even merchants in White Market are dealing with Warlords, a ’’treason’’ as Wardens describe it. Neilson can steal half of their clients, when they learn their suppliers are located under the nose of kill-Warlords madmen. I think that should earn me some points with him. Good God! If Vasari hasn't offered me to move to Triphage Untima!

And yes. I think Wardens have gone bonkers, while fighting the Warlords all those years. Moby **** style. [Damn censorship. You know what book I'm talking about.]

Also – Pepperstoch. What is known about it? The news were about ’’brutal suppression’’ and I think Wardens lost 1 REP over it. I think I’m the only one speaking for those people. I expected Ram and Blackfists to take note. They seem to be all in business of protecting the little man. Apparently no protection for the man, against Wardens. Anyway – did Bloodhaven got any patients from Pepperstoch? If that was a brutal supression, there would be wounded. I’d like to get their story.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-09-21 at 05:53 AM.

25. - Top - End - #955

Blackhand

"No. Or at least, not all of them, and not now. Even the rotten apples amongst them are not the worst criminals around. For that, we should look in our midst.
    Luckily, if have a look at the Harrowing Fields some time, you may see some of the criminals we have already dealt with."

26. - Top - End - #956
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Technists Guild

The bulk of the cities trade, in the form of raw meterial imports and finished goods exports, are with the shattered lands. The more "civilized" realms act primarly as exporters, and we don't sell much to them. Without the trade with the warlords, the city would cease to exist at it's current size. People would have to leave, or the city would have to become another warlord state. So, why would we cut trade with them? Yes, they happen to be well organized gangs. However, you can find those inside the walls. Because they raid some caravans? Young nobles that are bored do the same thing in the Illarym. So, once again, how in Rusty Cogs are they any diffrent then any other place, besides that fact that they provide the city with it's main export and imports?

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #957
    Ogre in the Playground

Gear's Chosen (9)

to Sausage Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    So would you be willing to provide some funding?

To Wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    If I may ask, in what area's should we concentrate our forces? A concentrated thrust is much more likely to succeed then attacking everywhere at once after all
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

28. - Top - End - #958
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty

"It is important to remember, the warlords are doing a pretty awful job of ruling the shattered lands. The people of the shattered lands would benefit greatly if a single strong power were to take control."

"When our city has been rebuilt, and order restored such that our military forces are free to act externally, we should begin taking action to see that goal achieved."

"Diplomacy is an option, and it will be attempted, though it is incredibly unlikely to bear fruit. Much more likely, it will be by the strength of our steel, that order will be instated in the Shattered Lands."

"Of course we benefit from trade with the warlords, but so do they. They are not our enemy yet, but they will be. The question is not 'should trade with the warlords be stopped?' That is a definite 'Yes'. The question is 'how soon should we cut off trade with the warlords?' "

29. - Top - End - #959

NinjaGuy

House Wallen, Esp-D 9

To Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    What is the Council position on the Warden's issue?

EBSA meeting [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Madame Beteoui enters the room, after getting past the guards.

"Oh, has everyone arrived? What is the purpose of the meeting, dear? I hope you were overreacting and it isn't so bad..."

To Technist's Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    "To whom it may concern;

Lord Wallen, and some of the Lodstrom Party members are greatly interested in spending money to improve the city. They (And I too) have been looking at your latest technological projects with interest.

May I go to your offices to have a talk? I'm looking forward to it.

Ser Wallenstein Bunguen, Commander of the Lodstrom Party Guard."

Lord Wallen (Public words said during a public meeting):

"Lord Wallen, what do you think of the Warden Crisis? Are the charges true?"

"The accusations are serious, specially considering the source.

Doctor Vassari has done a lot to help the city, and he must have great reasons to make them public.
    The Wardens, while being a mostly military organization, have done a lot to stabilize the neighbourhoods under their control.

I had not heard of the... crimes commited to achieve such stability. I sincerely hope that the Doctor is mistaken, as unlikely as that possibility may be.

Perhaps it would have been wiser to treat this matter within the Council, but I will not guess deeper on the matter without talking to him.

The Council must act on this. We should have a trial (Or, more properly said, a comission), to really weight the evidence."

To Bookbinder’s Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    The printing of the Wallen Manifest was an interesting experience. I will personally pay to make a large edition [this EoT] to distribute amongst the townspeople.

How much would that cost?

I'm interested in a few more projects. Can you get me in contact with teachers and writers?

Lord Wallen.

To Doctor Vassari
    Spoiler
    Show
    Doctor:

I'm deeply concerned about the Warden situation. It is unlike you to speak in public in the way you did, and I'm sure there must be a reason for that.

You have helped me in the past, and I would be happy to help you in these troubled times.
    I hope you understand that my unwillingness to talk further about the subject in public comes from a lack of knowledge of the situation.

I will happily observe the evidence and join my voice to yours, once I can say I'm certain of its truth and accuracy.

I must thank you for the field hospital in Dogma. A horrible mistake has prevented me from helping in the situation, but that will be fixed [this EoT].

On other matters, the Guilds are much better organized thanks to you. I am trying to get in touch with the Technist's Guild (I'm interested in funding some of their projects). But I also wanted to talk to some of the Guild leaders to learn more of their needs.

I intend to help the growth of this city with one of the greatest resources that nobility has: Money. However, I wanted to avoid getting in political discussions with some of the guild leaders (And that would be all of them).

That is why I am asking you the enormous favour of inviting me to one of your meetings.

If I send them letters or make a meeting myself, it will look like I'm recruiting them, which is not the case. I want a chance to meet them outside politics. Think of me as a future investor.

Lord Wallen.

To GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just reviewing; how is the political situation in my controlled neighbourhoods? Has Matoff achieved anything?
    Second; should I invest some more to make the book get off the ground? I have some ideas for that.
    Finally; I made the sad mistake of not spending my Wealth to help the people of Dogma. I decided not to modify my EoT after I saw your message in the EoT.

Could it be considered that I saved that money in the same way I did in the previous turn?
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2012-09-21 at 02:30 PM.

30. - Top - End - #960
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution:
    On the wardens:
    Trade with the shattered lands is vital to our city, and helps feed all of its inhabitants in some way or another. I have also not seen any proof of the accusations against the wardens, only verbal attack against their character.

Go Tigers!