New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Broken City

To Ram Revolution
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reaching Gaspars Folly is high on our list of priorities regardless, and with your help we'll be almost certain to do it by the end of the Month.

As a clarification, do you also want your own territory electrified? It can't help but ease the trials of those suffering through winter in Runners Kingdom after all.

To Dr. Vasri
    Spoiler
    Show
    At the moment we have no resources to spare I'm afraid. And the methods of the Chosen do not exactly lend themselves to classrooms anyway.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty

To the Sovereign Guilds Association [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The city watch is a good idea."

"I do not think voting on public spending will work. The Council, with only seven members, has been abysmally inefficient. A twenty member body, will never get anything done. The government must be able to make quick decisions."

"I am confident that complete transparency will prevent any abuse of power. If anyone has an issue they can air it in public, or bring the problem directly to the king."

To House Wallen [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I request that you do not speak in favour of constitutional monarchy in the coffee house. You have taken the necessary public steps to get the Ram Revolution to trust you, anything further will only strength their position."

To Dr Vassari on the Coffee house
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We will attend the debates."

To the Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    "A constitution will ensure that future rulers are not capable of to strongly infringing the peoples rights and freedoms."

"It is however important that in times of war, or extreme need, the ruler be capable of taking whatever measures are necessary for the nation to survive."

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 9):

TO: Gear's Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show

I believe there was some mis-communication in my last letter. The school and clinic I was referring to were the branches opened in Rot's Borough a short time ago, though eventually of course the whole city should be electrified. The people of Runner's City would love both the honor of being one of the first place electrified, as well as the amazing possibilities the technology offers.

TO: Council
    Spoiler
    Show

A good constitution would provide for times of extreme need, as well as insuring that no government can use such times to wrest control of the government from the people. But under no circumstances should a constitution be allowed to be put aside, simply because of an emergency.
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2012-10-09 at 12:06 PM.

Go Tigers!

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Troll in the Playground

Sausage Guild
    Def Esp 7

SGA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    New Guilds
    A simple vote should sufficient.

City Watch
    The Ansigaris already patrol Gilded. We see no reason that they need to fall under a central authority. In fact that would counter our original point. There should be a city wide watch. Splitting it into separate districts will simply factionalize. There would be no difference as to what there is now.

Taxes
    And how exactly will a representative with Veto power be any different. It will simply serve to move the process of debate behind closed doors. There also needs to be a formal indication of we will receive in exchange for taxes. Simply saying it will be used for the good of the city is far too general. If the taxes are to be formally codified as a duty then so too must our rights.

Spicer's Circle (King James)
    We wish to hear your view on the Wardens demand that we vacate the Spicer’s Circle. We have no intention of doing so without very good reason. This "punishment" is laughable. The very purpose of the Wardens is to guard the trade routes. Just as the Sausage Guild must ensure that the city remains fed so must the Wardens ensure that trade remains safe. And they have not been doing so, instead concentrating on "securing" the Spicer's District. They seem more set on creating disturbances than resolving them.

They must be shown that there is some consequence to this and to the dereliction of their duty. A simple slap on the wrist and being told to do the job they are already supposed to do is not enough. We have no issue with withdrawing from Orange Crown or Guild's Hand, but retaining White Crown and Pepperstoch seems reasonable to us. It is not a severe punishment, but it is an indication that disturbing the city does have consequences.

(OOC: Seriously it's one of my traits. If the city starves for any reason at all, not just because of my actions, then I take a hit. I will also note that besides killing a few guards suppressing riots against the Wardens I didn't actually do any damage besides taking the actual territory involved. The Wardens did far more than that to the Mercantile Guild.)

To Bloodhaven, Church of Neposh, ESGE
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are not opposed to this, but what exactly do we stand to gain. Our mages may not be the most adept in the city in general, but in our area of expertise we doubt that there are any other blood mages who can surpass us. So how would pooling our knowledge help us in our own studies?

GM: What would a joint Magical Library Trait do?

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

House Wallen, D ESP 9

To GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I can send a message to Merdallan Kingdom by using my Roving Contract trait, right? If that's the case, I send the following message:

To Merdallan Kingdom
    Spoiler
    Show

"Uncle, long time since we talked. We are having some nice projects in town, so I have some questions to make.

Do you know how Merdallan trade is holding up? What sort of goods would they be willing to buy? what could they sell to Sav Atulas?

Do they have airfields of apropiate size to allow trade airships? It would be a great help if you could send some specifications on the size and cargo capacities of the ships they accept, and warnings of any problematic laws that exist.

In case they don't have suitable airships; would there be someone interested in expanding one or more airfields?

Finally; do you know anything about the routes going into Merdallan? Whic one would be the safest?

To SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    New Guilds
    If that is the consensus of all Gulld members, I don't see any reason to disagree.
    I am happy we reached this agreement,

City Watch
    An interesting idea. I would be tempted to offer Ser Wallenstein as commander. He is a seasoned veteran, and a man of honour.

Doctor Vassari, Gear’s Chosen, Technist Guild [7]
    [Board of Education]

Spoiler
    Show
    I would be delighted to see the Politechnic Magical School as an institute that depended of the University.

I will colaborate on this project to the best of my ability; but I have a warning: I am ammasing a massive amount of money to jumpstart the rebuild of Dogma. As such, my finances will be... Sketchy for the [next 3 or 4 turns]. I'm sure I can give 4-5 Wealth [This Turn] and find a way to help on the next ones.

To doctor Vassari
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have a question, my dear Doctor. Have you heard anything about the person who murdered those poor inocents found at the Hospital
    foundation ceremony?

I would be interested to make some inquiries of my own. It would be amusing if I gained the reward.

To City Council
    Spoiler
    Show

ON THE CONSTITUTION ISSUE
    "The King is very wise in seeing the problems a constitutional regime can have. We would be fools not to listen.

When we write it, we must be sure that the government has the right power for the right circumstances.

As I said; we believe the time has come to start the talks. Nobody said anything about signing tomorrow; right?"

ON THE SCHOOL IDEA
    "It wold be amazing to have a market in Dogma. Lord Wallen was planning to give priority to the poorest (The ones that will surely die by living in a camp) and the workers: Those who can work to feed their families. He is currently trying to organize them to rebuild homes and workshops."

To King James [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Your Majesty, since you request it we won't go into that particular forest ourselves, but we can't really protest if they lead us there.

And they will.

Should that happen, we will mantain our position: You are the King and we are the Nobility. That is our Right, just as the people have their own rights. How much power the crown has should be decided by the Law, not by the mob or the petty noble squabbles.

I have my own ideas for the debates.

Are we alone? I have an idea to share with you."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is this PM tied to the SGA PM or is it a separate one?

To Doctor Vassari [Coffee houses]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The fact that I didn't think of this myself shames me and my House. I will be honored to participate.

To Sausage Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    I didn't know those things. Very interesting. I will allow your tunnels, as long as my guards are given full power over the exits. as stated before.
    I would like some... security regarding the possibility of new exits appearing suddenly.

I live in rather populous neighburhoods, and my noble fellows are very touchy when it comes to their basements and their property.
    I am not making negative remarks on you, I'm merely explaining the sorts of complains will have over this.

I wish to be able to respond to them.
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2012-10-09 at 02:26 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1146

ESGE [6]

Sausage Guild, Church of Neposh, Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    Indeed, we have been planning to rebuild the library. It would, of course, be open to those who make a contribution. The mutual sharing of knowledge is quite beneficial, as it eliminates the need for each person to research a topic independently. Rather, one could research it while the others do different research.

Board of Education (those who have schools set up/are involved in the University)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We come to the task of appointing faculty to head the departments. The head of each department will have the final say in how their specific department is laid out in the final design once my organisation is finished mapping the University (It appears that all maps we have of the university are severely outdated, and as such we will need to reappraise it's structure and design before we can begin reconstruction and restoration.) If any would like to volunteer for the positions, we can take the nominations to the Provisional Council -I'm sure they'd want to approve our decisions. Once that is complete, we can begin to operate more efficiently as an independent entity from the Council.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Taxation:

"Then the veto shall not exist."

"I obviously can't promise you that the tax will make you stronger compared to the rest of the factions in the city, but working together, we can increase our standing in the world."

OOC: Tax money will be used primarily to develop traits that benefit every faction in the city. Generally I want to avoid projects that will benefit only particular factions, though I may need to act if something is causing a significant reduction in power for a group.

For economy, military, espionage and magic I expect the benefit would be something along the lines of an X% bonus to actions with that stat.

For morale, we would be increasing the welfare of the citizenry, which would hopefully give everyone a +1 bonus to their morale.

We could also expand the stat cap of the city. Any new points unlocked I would try to distribute evenly, not showing favouritism to those with lower caps, because that would diminish the work of those with higher.

We could develop more specific traits, like improving Dr Vassari's hospital, to reduce casualties from any battle we fight in.

I could try to build some free military, or espionage to serve the city, but I'd rather not. They would inevitably be under my authority, and I don't want to be acquiring personal power.

To House Wallen [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The law is unwritten, that is why you are writing a constitution. If the constitution says the King has absolute power, then the King has absolute power."

"Do you not trust me? That is the only conclusion I can draw from this. It is an insult, the implication that I would not be able to run the city properly without granting the people some of my power."

"I have, and always will do what it is best for the people. Democracy is a weaker form of government; more corruptible, more prone to popularism, slower, less stable."

"The minority of people that desire democracy, only do so because of the work of the Ram Revolution, and yourself. They think it will be better for them, they are wrong. Any measure of democracy weakens the nation, makes it more prone to threats, causes suffering among the populace."

"I will not allow my people to suffer."

"I do not believe we can be overheard here."

((Same location, different room. Pretty sure this doesn't count towards our PM limit.))
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-10-09 at 04:57 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1148

NinjaGuy

To the champions of Sovereignity [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lord Wallen smiled to the King. He looked and felt tired.

He nodded to the King, and checked briefly to see if they were alone before continuing.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Your Majesty, of course I trust you. That is why I'm discussing this with you.

What I want is NOT a democracy. I never said I do, and if I was misinterpreted I will correct it right now.

I want you to have the power you must to guide the city, I want nobility to have the power and position we deserve; and, gods forbid; I want the commoners to have a voice, so the mistakes that were made in the past are not repeated.

Absolute Power may look like the best path. It is certainly the easiest path. But it's not a path that generates lasting power.

Your Majesty, I am taking the risk of atracting your wrath. I think it's necessary. Even Kings must listen to the truth from time to time.

No matter how absolute your rule is, you will always share a small part of power, wether it is with your advisors, your commanders and servants, or an an assembly, or parliament.

Your predecessors did, even the greatest. You are wise and powerful, but you can't be at all places at the same time. And advisors make mistakes, spies see things that aren't.

And, of course, there are always traitors to think about. What do you think will happen to the Blackfist and the Ram when you are in the throne? you will kill some of them, the rest will go into hiding, and you will end up having to stop uprising after uprising.

The middle class and the Nobles have used those sentiments before against kings, and by keeping the absolute sistem those troubles will happen again.

Not to Your Majesty, probably. But your House will have to keep the traditions you create.

I honestly believe that it would suit you better to keep the classes divided. Give them a place to fight and discuss in a way that doesn't damage the city, and take the place of King and moderator. Make sure you have supporters in both sides to dictate your policy when you wish to support one side or the other. Make them hate each other, and make the love you by stoping them from killing each other.

The game I'm proposing isn't easy, but it's the way to stop the neverending conflict we have been suffering for ages.

Anyways, discussions aside; I believe I have the oportunity to make a proposal that your Majesty may like, to prove my loyalty.

How would you like to have some more security on your messages, and be able to know what your enemies say behind your back?"

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Troll in the Playground

Sausage Guild

SGA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: This is pure mechanics wise, but since I do not think any of us want to just give one person free money to whatever they want with. And I noticed how you managed to retract what little oversight you had offered us by the way. But since we don't want that, then what I propose is that we call it a tax, but mechanically it is actually a group project. One that will gain traits for all the participants. Like what the SGA did for the Commerce House.

Given the way Zemalac handles EoTs that way we will all know what taxes everyone paid, and everyone will benefit equally regardless of contribution. This should provide the kind of transparency which King James has been saying that he wants.

Because lets face it despite King Jame's talk we are all more or less equal faction wise. And not only that but the SGA is already a powerful group. So while it might be a government on paper in game terms it has to be an equal alliance. I'm willing to bind myself to setting aside a certain portion of my income each term if I know that it will actually go to benefiting me or the city as a whole. I am not willing to just give the Champions Carte Blanche to do whatever they want just because they started with a king in their fluff.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Bugbear in the Playground

Bookbinder's Guild to SGA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

We have no qualms about the Technists teaching literacy. As you have said, we would only benefit from such a thing. However, I would like to request that editors from my Guild be allowed to review the materials that are being used, so as to ensure that the Technists teachings and our own style guides match up. Simply to avoid confusion down the road, you understand.

Delathion to Doctor Vassari (7)
    Spoiler
    Show

Oh, absolutely! I look forward to the University campus being open once again, personally. It was a rather dull and dangerous place under the Librarian, or so I have been told.

Scholar's Compass to Doctor Vassari/Blackspell Watch (0)
    Spoiler
    Show

Not a problem at all, guv. We don't get much in the way of criminals around here, but having someone around to keep the students in hand on weekends might be a good thing, if the Uni opens up proper like.

The Exchange to House Wallen (6)
    Spoiler
    Show

The main thing about the contract that might concern you is that it requests a month to gather the money to be loaned, as it is too great a sum for the Exchange to handle all in one go. It allows for payment in 3 months at the stated terms, with an additional 1 WEL being added onto the interest for every month thereafter.

Dogma Citizens to Lord Wallen (0)
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC: Can't make it a PM if you're publicly speaking to a crowd, sorry.

First need is housing. Temporary shelter is up, enough to last the winter, and the rubble has mostly been cleared, but more work should be done. Since Dogma is so close to the university, you're probably going to want stone so some student doesn't accidentally burn the whole thing down again.

Second need is loans, so that craftsmen can rebuild their businesses and whatnot. A few enterprising individuals have already reached out to the Exchange on that matter, though some others ask the same of you as well.

Third concern might not be something that you can do anything about, but it's there: a lot of people are either dead, vanished or left for greener pastures. As such, there is a lot of land available that really isn't owned by anyone anymore. Someone is going to need to resolve property disputes as things settle down.

Lodstrom Party Inner Council (9)
    Spoiler
    Show

Those nobles who do not support us do not only because they despise the compromise of democracy. However, they do support the notion of a monarchy, and since you seem to support King James we may be able to use that to get them over to our side.

As for the upper merchant class, well, many of them want to be nobles themselves. The Party's ideals already speak to these people: be on the level of the nobility in the government. Be equal with those who you already see as your equal. A fiction, of course, but a useful one.

Verdan Contact to Sausage Guild (7)
    Spoiler
    Show

And what is going on here, if I may ask?

The Dove to Sausage Guild (7)
    Spoiler
    Show

Oh, indeed, I created a coin for you. Doesn't have anything stamped on it at the moment, but it's got a nice heft to it. Eight parts gold to one part copper and one part tin. About 1.6 grams. Less gold per piece than Merdallan coinage, but a lot easier to carry.

Host's Watch to Mercantile's Guild (11)
    Spoiler
    Show

We'll see if we can spread our patrols out to cover the Caravanserai until you've managed to recover.

Stockyards Deep to Mercantile's Guild (11)
    Spoiler
    Show

Not really sure how we could help, unless you need some cows.

Carriage Houses to Mercantile's Guild (5)
    Spoiler
    Show

Not a problem, guv. Think nothing of it.

The Exchange to Gear's Chosen (6)
    Spoiler
    Show

Dear Sir,

We have received your request for a loan of [6 WEL], and regret to inform you that this may be impossible at present time due to other contracts currently being negotiated. If, however, you are still interested in such a sum next month, or if certain other contracts fall through, I can assure you that you would have our full attention.

Sincerely,

Felix Urd

Uncle Orville to House Wallen (9)
    Spoiler
    Show

Henry,

When you're talking about trade in the Kingdom, most of the time you're talking about the Merchant's Water. Considering how well the Kingdom and the Empire like each other, it's surprising that there's any trade going on there at all: any wonder, then, they turned to the east?

The things they sell and the things they need vary from region to region, but you can basically split it up into the northern and southern half. Northern Merdallan is all forest and old castles and ghosts. All of the hardcore knights come from up there, generally speaking--Empty Throne and Broken Tower do a lot of recruiting from the courts of the northern lords. As for trade, they have lumber to spare, but Sav Altulas has that too so I don't know how useful that'll be except for specialty woods. I know for a fact that they don't have red cedar on this side of the mountains, for example, and they've got some nice dark cherry that would look marvelous in the old house in Gleamers. They've also got the best damn swords and armor I have ever seen, and that's saying something. You would not believe the steel here. Makes the stuff Doge sells us look like absolute ****, if you'll pardon the expression. They're also pretty close to Ver Arcana, so they've got the magic stuff going on as well, but theirs is an older tradition that I'm not sure we could do good business in. There's no airfields up there anyway, the forests are too thick and too deep.

South has got some airfields though, mostly around Chadrais. Less knights around here too (or at least what you think of when you picture a knight, with the plate armor and all), less forests. Damn good wine, and a lot of other drinks. I sometimes think the whole place is drunk all the time, or at least trying to be. They're a bit more modern than the north, but could still do with proper manufacturing, if you catch my drift. Just don't bring anything obviously labeled as Imperial, or you will never hear the end of it. Last couple of wars had the Illarym trying to invade down here, finally wising up after sending armies into the northern forests and never seeing them again, and a lot of people are still a little prickly about it.

Cheers,
    Uncle Orville
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Ogre in the Playground

Gear's Chosen

To Exchange
    Spoiler
    Show
    Understood. Would a lesser amount be possible to acquire, or could the conditions of the loan be changed to make it attractive enough? We'd be willing to pay 100% interest on the 6 wealth loan (that is, a total payback of 12 wealth)

To Ram
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, very well. Well, we will have to be less then thorough in reaching the homes and businesses of the Pits, but with your support we should be able to reach the schools in very good time.

With regard to providing power to the general population, the idea is to charge a small fee for maintenance and to support the other efforts of the Chosen. However, we recognize that much of Runners City is in too dire a situation for this to be very productive, so we would be happy to provide it as a form of alms to any who accept it (i.e., take a short ritual and mouth an oath of thanks. That would probably actually be really sinister if I had any non-ice based magic, come to think of it ).
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2012-10-09 at 11:38 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Troll in the Playground

Sausage Guild
    Def Esp 7

To the Dove
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent, we appreciate you doing this for us. Again if you ever have need of anything you have merely to ask and we will do what we can.

To the Exchange
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings,

We have two orders of business. First we have not stopped considering the issue of a new type of currency. In fact the reason we have not mentioned it again is that we commissioned an artisan skilled in such matters to design a proof of concept of a new type of currency. Since you are the undisputed masters of currency in the city we would appreciate it if you could evaluate its quality as a currency piece for us.

Second we are looking for some sort of investment where we can safely store our money, but still earn interest on it. We wonder if you might now of such an opportunity.

To Verdan Contacts
    Spoiler
    Show
    We were in fact looking to see what was available from your homelands. We know it isn't a specialty of the isle but anything to do with blood magic would interest us. We would also consider weaponry. Not being experts we are uncertain what we need, but something fit for close quarter fighting underground would be preferable. Lastly any sort of mechanisms for digging or pumping would be of great use to us.

GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    To Kerriglass and MecLochire
    Spoiler
    Show
    We apologize for the disruption caused by recent events. If you require guards in the city please do not hesitate to contact the Ansigaris and your needs will be met free of charge. Our guards are unfortunately limited to the city, but we are willing to reimburse the price of mercenaries.

This goes to any other merchants that weren't specifically named as well.

13. - Top - End - #1153

The Church of Neposh

To Arcanist (To Bloodhaven, ESGE, Sausage Guild)
    Spoiler
    Show

We are willing to help in this effort. Where would this building be located?

To Militia Order of Justice (DESP 7)
    Spoiler
    Show

The standoff in Leads Farrow has gone on for too long. We don't think our goals are opposed, so we would like to have a disscussion with you to help end the affair and bring our groups together.

- Sister Serina

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Okay, that does sound like a good way to have complete transparency.

I'll make sure the project is known early in the turn. I'll take other suggestions, we can debate and modify the project as necessary. If something satisfactory doesn't come out of that, I'll make refusing to pay the 'taxes' a legal method of objection.

Though they'll need to be a limit to how many times you can do that. I suppose If you are objecting to everything to everything I propose, there are bigger grievances at play anyway.
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-10-10 at 07:44 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Board Of Education
    Spoiler
    Show
    We'll help, but we got some work we gotta devote everything to for a bit in the smokes first.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Council
    Spoiler
    Show

Blacksage District Adinistration

''I would like to make a proposal. While various factions seek control over different parts of the District, I believe that this control should be exercised through the Blackspell Watch as a legitimate watch organization, rather than one faction’s private army.''

''The factions personal forces can certainly bolster Blackspell Watch in times of need, but with the Watch in command of the operations. Of course protection of valuable personal property, such as Bookbinder’s Guild presses can be performed by private guards and Daimont University can have its own security force.''

Constitution Vote

''I believe that first we should have formulate constitution. I have proposed a public political discussion to be held between a numbers of political factions. As such perhaps ideas born from it can prove useful and public’s opinion can help us determine, which ideas are widely supported and which aren’t.''

ESBA [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I was wondering, if you would allow access to your records, to the scholars of University, studying the history and law of the city.''

Champions of Sovereignty [7, SGA can read]
    Spoiler
    Show

''There is a chance, that certain hostile powers would try to sabotage the diplomatic mission to Merdallion. Would the Champions be able to provide an escort and skilled agents to protect against it? I also believe, that as a royal, the presence of your guards would lend credibility to the mission, as Merdallion is used to trappings to monarchy and would see them as a sign of stability of Sav Altulus.''

Lord Wallen [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I haven’t heard of the man unfortunately, but I suspect the criminal is still at large. As such I’m increasing the reward and I would not begrudge you earning it.''

Public Announcement

The reward for the head of the vicious murderer, who was responsible for incident at the Bloodhaven opening ceremony, is hereby increased to 3 [WEL].

Sausage Guild, ESGE, Neposh [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''As ESGE said, while your magic is specialized, it would still benefit from greater pool of knowledge. There could be bits and pieces known to our Mages that have eluded yours. And let us not forget, that Library is a status symbol, that would give us greater credibility with the magical community.''

''Naturally, I would not insist on membership, and if Sausage Guild doesn’t wish to participate, that is your choice.''

''I believe the best location for the Library to be in the Daimot University.''

Scholar’s Compass [0]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Would you mind, if political discussions were held in your cafes? I’d make certain, that they remain perfectly civil and purely intellectual, rather than physical.''

Delathion [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I have already proposed to ESGE to unite your school with the University as one of the Faculties.''

''And I’m negotiating with several factions, including Church of Neposh to pool our resources to establish a new Library.''

Artists of Dozen Dancers [0]
    Spoiler
    Show

I would like to sponsor an exhibition of your talents, so that the city may see your works.

[OOC: Sell Out! Sell Out! Sell Out!]
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 9)

Gear's Chosen:
    Spoiler
    Show

As long as it will be possible to go back and fill in the spots missed in the pits in time, I doubt that the people will care. As to payment, I appreciate your willingness to donate to the poor, though it puts us more into your debt.

Go Tigers!

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty:

To Dr Vassari
    Spoiler
    Show
    "How long will the journey take, and how many men do you need?"

To the Council:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Constitution:

"It is important to maintain the right balance between what the public opinion dictates, and what would actually be best for the people."

To House Wallen [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We are able to read almost every message being sent, and apart from the lack of an orator, private meetings suffice for the communication of sensitive information."

"The nobility want some power, so giving them the ability to legislate will satisfy them."

"The Ram and Anarchists however, want all the power; they will not be appeased by only a measure of it. Regardless, what power would you give them?"

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mercantile's Guild

SGA
    Spoiler
    Show
    a question for Dr Vasiri.

1. i might try to track down the murderer from the opening of the hospital, would you prefer him/her alive or dead?

Dr Vasiri: also on an unrelated matter. i am seding my trade advisors to Meralldon to negotiate trade agreements. i will be sending a VIP with the expedition.

20. - Top - End - #1160

The Exchange to Gear's Chosen (6)
    Spoiler
    Show

Under those terms, we may be able to do some restructuring of existing contracts to accommodate you.

The Exchange to Sausage Guild (6)
    Spoiler
    Show

We would be honored to take a look at your artisan's work, though I am uncertain of the potential quality of a design not created by our own Mint would be.

As for your investment question, that would be quite easily taken care of. There are a number of moneychangers and goldsmiths in our employ who arrange for such things. Money stored without a solid contract will earn you 1.5% interest monthly, with higher rates available if you are willing to sign a contract stating that you will not withdraw the funds for a set period of time.

The Dove to Sausage Guild (7)
    Spoiler
    Show

I require nothing at the moment, though that may change. I will keep you in mind.

Verdan Contacts to Sausage Guild (7)
    Spoiler
    Show

Research and sale of blood magic has been prohibited by the Veras City Council, due to several unfortunate incidents that we would rather not discuss. Due to the nature of these incidents, this is one of the few regulations that the city actively enforces. That does not stop many people, of course, but it does make dealing in such things more expensive.

As for your other requests, those are easily dealt with. A vast array of novel weaponry is offered by both the Monks of the Ascension and by the mage-tinkers of Veras. I feel I should warn you that due to the nature of the business many of the, ah, less stable citizens of Veras are drawn to weapons development, so be careful in choosing what you purchase. Also, regrettably, many profiteers see the Shattered Lands as an open invitation to dump all of their malfunctioning equipment and failed inventions on warlords who will probably not be around next week. Be wary of shysters. Digging and pumping equipment is generally reliable, however.

OOC: Kerriglass and MecLochire are actually Verdan factions, so I'm going to fold your message to them in with this.

Kerriglass Messenger and Delivery: That is a perfectly acceptable arrangement, so long as our operations are being protected.

MecLochire: I can't say I'm happy about the situation--I had a good thing going with the Wardens, after all--but I will accept it.

Scholar's Compass to Doctor Vassari (0)
    Spoiler
    Show

Not at all, guv. Just so long as things don't get out of hand.

Delathion to Doctor Vassari (7)
    Spoiler
    Show

Marvelous, simply marvelous! I look forward to its doors opening with the utmost enthusiasm, I assure you.

Dozen Dancers Artists to Doctor Vassari (0)
    Spoiler
    Show

You get swamped with submissions for the proposed exhibition almost immediately.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Ogre in the Playground

Gear's Chosen

To Ram
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wonderful, with your investment and aid we'll do our up-most to reach Rot's Borough and the school within the month, and then we can start expanding and branching the power lines to reach the homes they pass by.

To Exchange
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wonderful, we'd pay it back at a rate of 2 wealth a month for the next six months, preferably.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

22. - Top - End - #1162

NinjaGuy

To Dogma Citizens
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm happy to see that these sentiments agree to the ideas I had in mind.
    We have asked the Exchange for extra money, and we should have it to pay next month.

Our main priority will be housing this month, and I believe you will agree if we begin with the people who would be in danger by living in temporary shelter during winter (Such as the elderly or the small).

We will help more when we have the power to do so.

I am interested into organizing two groups, that you would choose amongst your own: First, a Comitee to make decissions on resource-allocating, that would work with me to rebuild the neighbourhood.
    We'll have elections in a week, I ask you to present the names of the citizens considered to be more prepared for the task; and to register your name for vote.

I ask the refugees in other neighbourhoods to come back and vote! The fight is over and the time has come to rebuild!!

Second; I have a proposal for the shopkeepers and workers. You should form a Guild, if you don't have one already. I will help to get you recognized by the SGA, which will probably give you more support so you can get back on your feet.

To the Exchange
    Spoiler
    Show
    As long as the payment is done in the three months after actually reveiving the loan money, I have no problem with it. I will agree and sign the contract.

To the Champions of Sovereignity [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh, right! With all the problems with the Librarian... My apologies. I will get into the matter right now.
    Would you prefer a man of the Older Houses, or one of my Party members?

And about the peasant's position in power; I'd give them an assembly, with a smaller power than the Noble's Assembly, but with the capability to stop certain measures that you would think are unfair unless we hav a time of extreme danger.

I'd use them against the nobles, and use the nobles against them.

Think about the tax you were trying to institute. The discussion would have been between people of your allegiance in Parliament, and maybe you would have gotten it earlier. In any case, you could have appeared as the Mediator, to fix the endless fight between the Classes.

Of course, I'm talking about the Ram only. You say they want all power, and that is the truth for now.

But think about what will happen next. If we get a government as the one I describe, they will get fatter and lazier. In a few years, they will forget where they come from. such are the harts of men.

The Ram can be brought into the sistem. The Blackfist not."

(At this point, Lord Wallen leans and speaks very softly, his voice a whisper): "So they must be destroyed".

To the Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    Constitution
    I agree completely with the Doctor and His Majesty.

Blacksgage District Administration
    I have the same idea, although I would prefer if Civil government could be separated from Watch duty.

Wallen troops are ready to withdraw as soon as the Guard is ready.

To doctor Vassari
    Spoiler
    Show
    Merdallan bussiness
    I send you a transcript of my contacts, detailing the information I promised:

"When you're talking about trade in the Kingdom, most of the time you're talking about the Merchant's Water. Considering how well the Kingdom and the Empire like each other, it's surprising that there's any trade going on there at all: any wonder, then, they turned to the east?

The things they sell and the things they need vary from region to region, but you can basically split it up into the northern and southern half. Northern Merdallan is all forest and old castles and ghosts. All of the hardcore knights come from up there, generally speaking--Empty Throne and Broken Tower do a lot of recruiting from the courts of the northern lords. As for trade, they have lumber to spare, but Sav Altulas has that too so I don't know how useful that'll be except for specialty woods. I know for a fact that they don't have red cedar on this side of the mountains, for example, and they've got some nice dark cherry.
    They've also got the best damn swords and armor I have ever seen, and that's saying something. You would not believe the steel here. They're also pretty close to Ver Arcana, so they've got the magic stuff going on as well, but theirs is an older tradition that I'm not sure we could do good business in. There's no airfields up there anyway, the forests are too thick and too deep.

South has got some airfields though, mostly around Chadrais. Less knights around here too (or at least what you think of when you picture a knight, with the plate armor and all), less forests. Damn good wine, and a lot of other drinks. I sometimes think the whole place is drunk all the time, or at least trying to be. They're a bit more modern than the north, but could still do with proper manufacturing, if you catch my drift. Just don't bring anything obviously labeled as Imperial, or you will never hear the end of it. Last couple of wars had the Illarym trying to invade down here, finally wising up after sending armies into the northern forests and never seeing them again, and a lot of people are still a little prickly about it."

The hunt for the murderer
    I will get to the hunt, then.

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of Wren Morale: 8

To the Blackfist Brotherhood
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have, for some time, desired to speak to the leaders of the Blackfist in person. However, circumstances previously prevented me from pursuing this. Now that they have passed, would you consent to a meeting?

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Colossus in the Playground

To the Wren [9]

Spoiler
    Show
    That can certainly be arranged. I suggest we find a neutral, low-key location somewhere.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

SGA [Lord Wallen/King James] [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Murderer Unfathomable Stabber

''I want him or her dead and on my dissection table. I’m conducting a study in the criminal mind and examination of the brain abnormalities of the serial killers would greatly further it. Perhaps you could cooperate with Lord Wallen in seeking this fiend, though in that case I would have to split the reward between you.''

[OOC - Also, we need a catchy name for him/her. Unfathomable Stabber?]

House Laurier

I have invited House Laurier to join SGA. Are there any objections to this?

Trade Mission

Hopefully, the trade mission will have support of the many, so your man would have company on his way. It will also be a fine way to test the reliability of the Airships and the quality of the cooks, the Sausage Guild has supplied for them. The objectives of the trade mission would be to:

1. Establish Airship Travel. Find suitable Airship Field and see if we can convince its owner to expand it to increase trade.

2. Establish trade in the following areas:

Heladuit Court & Silversmith’s Guild: selling their products in the new market.

Technist Guild & Mercantile Guild: selling manufactured goods of Smokeyards.

House Laurier: buying Merdallian Steel.

Medico Guild: buying spirits.

3. I’m wary of the Merchant’s Water reaction to our trade expansion and as such, hoping that a small guard force would be provided. I believe Ram has agreed to this, if King James could contribute 1-2 [MIL/ESP], I’m certain that it would be sufficient. The speed of their return would depend on the speed of our Airships and time required to conclude necessary deals.

Lord Wallen [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

Dear Lord Wallen,

Thank you for your assistance with the Merdallion issue.

I wanted to propose assistance of a number of craftsmen in establishing a Guild in the Dogma. I believe they possess knowledge and technical skills that would fit your design for techno-magical production.

Mercantile Guild [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I was wondering. If you are looking to replenish the numbers of your guards, perhaps you would be interested in a certain project to gain loyalty of the UAL enforcers that I and certain associates are undertaking. With the economic uncertainty in the Smokeyards, a promise of steady pay would attract many of them.''

House Laurier [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

To House Laurier,

I would like to discuss two issues. First, ask if you would be interested in joining the Sovereign Guild Association.

Second. The SGA is preparing a trade mission to the Kingdom of Merdallion, with a plan to eventually establish an Airship trade route. You may found interest in acquiring famed Merdallion Steel to the craftsmen of the Swordsware.

You have many assets that would benefit the mission – your famed silver tongue to find trading partners, your contacts with Waterman, useful to outplay the competition and resources to establish the trade. Would you be interested in such project?

Edit: Public Announcement

''I'm here by increase the reward for the head of the murderer, henceforth known as Unfathomable Stabber to 4 [WEL].
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-10-11 at 02:16 PM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Troll in the Playground

To Sausage Guild
    Def Esp 7

To Lord Wallen
    Spoiler
    Show
    The expansion of the network into your neighborhoods will likely take some time. It would currently cost us [18 Wealth] to do so due to the proximity of the Brecombe Lake. We are looking into the possibility of more advanced pumps to help in this though so you have time to convince your neighbors. We could also dig deeper underneath the existing basements, and only come to the surface at your chosen stops, but that would likely increase the cost even more.

To the Exchange
    Spoiler
    Show
    How much higher a rate would a contract lead to? We would be willing to sign such a contract if the terms were attractive enough.

OOC: I assume I will have to show them the coin in the EoT?

To Verdan Contacts
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actual examples of goods and prices we could expect from legitimate Verdan Merchants would be excellent.

GM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Same goes for what the merchants want in the way of guards. They haven't even told me if they want them outside or inside the city yet.

To SGA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Doctor Vassari
    Spoiler
    Show
    Would you be willing to allow us to expand our tunnels underneath the Painted Court?

To Gear's Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show
    It will be more expensive than we had anticipated to extend our tunnels near enough to you. As such would you be amenable to accepting the deal next month rather than this.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2012-10-11 at 02:20 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren

To the Blackfist Brotherhood [8]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I believe I know a place. The courier I send with this letter will give you the details.

The Wren.

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Colossus in the Playground

Blackfist and the Wren [PM]

Spoiler
    Show
    Five people enter the location. A middle-aged, slender woman with a scarred face, a crossbow on her back and two curved swords in her belt enters first, looking around, then nodding. A slightly owlish young man with spectacles follows, blinking. Then, the grinning young man in the cheap young suit who has already attended the council meetings, twirling his walking stick around a finger. After him follows a one-eyed, elderly man in grey, a suspicious look on his face and, finally, a small, chubby middle-aged woman with a smile on her reddish face.

"Well, then, Wren!" the stick-wielder calls out. "What's this about, then?"
    Resident Vancian Apologist

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Troll in the Playground

Sausage Guild

To the Wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    We wish to negotiate the peaceful withdrawing of our troops from Orange Crown and Guild's Hand.

30. - Top - End - #1170

ESGE [6]

Nobility of Sav Altuas
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gentlemen,
    As the combat in Blacksgage district comes to a close, we find ourselves in a unique position to better this city. As such, I ask for sponsors for the construction of an opera house the profits from which would go towards rebuilding Dogma. This opera house would not only provide for the reconstruction of Dogma, but also add something to this city that it has heretofore been lacking.

Artists of Dozen Dancers
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have an interest in commissioning an opera house for the city in Dogma to aid it's reconstruction, along with an original opera to preform it's opening night. Any of you with skills in architecture or with opera, please contact me and provide examples of your past work.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here