Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Broken City

United Alliance of Labor

Letter to The Order of the Wren
    Spoiler
    Show

Simple. Yous help us find a spot in Runner's City to settle down in, open some shops, etc. and we hire some new muscle. Then we's help youses get some more turf. And we's just keep going like that. Savvy?
    -CEO Dennis Kasparzak
    Uncle Fong, from Bibliography, and Chibi Fong Avatar By Elagune

Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Total War: Broken City (Retired)

Banner courtesy of Nyrt

Total War: Another 2125 (Retired)
    Dutch Kritarchy and Constituents

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mercantiles guild

to blackfist brotherhood
    Spoiler
    Show
    may i ask why you are trying to muscle your way into the stocks?

to hosts-watch
    Spoiler
    Show
    greetings. i understand that you are funded by well meaning inn keepers and other business owners. while they may keep you funded enough to continue doing your job, i believe if you were willing i could supply you with enough funds to completely drive out the rebels who oppose you within the travelers quarter. then once that is done we can work together to restore this district to its rightful glory

to the exchange
    Spoiler
    Show
    i am working on gaining control of the traitors bridge so we can open the city up to trade with foreign nations, that way the city can prosper and recover. if you can help in maintaining the bridge, i can split the profits with you.

also would you be interested in pooling our intelligence assets, to track down that warlord in the shattered lands that various factions have posted a bounty for?

OOC: the one in the opening post

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Silversmith's Guild

To the Mercantile Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent. And to our other proposal, in relation to Guild's Row, would you be interested?

To the Healduit Court
    Spoiler
    Show
    We do have some experience working with gems, even though our priority is obviously silver. That would be acceptable for us. We hope that this can be the start of a long and profitable relationship.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

EBSA Morale 5

Kara Lythene- Constantine
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Excellent on the legislation. As for the... more executive matters we were thinking a Prime Minister of sorts as Head of the Government, taking the role similar to the Chief of the EBSA staff- they set agenda and facilitate discussion. We were also thinking a King or Exarch to be in charge of foreign affairs and perhaps the military. The title of regent has been brought up, giving both term limits."

Kara Lythene- UAL
    Spoiler
    Show
    Her eyebrow raises "Get to... know me?"

Kara Lythene- Church of Neposh
    Spoiler
    Show
    "As for the... more executive matters we were thinking a Prime Minister of sorts as Head of the Government, taking the role similar to the Chief of the EBSA staff- they set agenda and facilitate discussion. We were also thinking a King or Exarch to be in charge of foreign affairs and perhaps the military. The title of regent has been brought up, giving both term limits.

Mercantile Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    The wealth would be more useful but beggers can't be choosers.

Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have plenty of administers to send to you to help structure and set up your hospital, though that would be much easier if we were to fully integrate and become a medical branch of the EBSA, but we are aware you may not wish to be tied down, so we shall send the consultants.

As for your proposals we shall dig up as many records as we can and set them up in your new office inside of the Halls of Final Justice (Policy says large amounts of records can not leave the premise of an EBSA building unless an emergency demands it.). We look forwards to working with you.

Dekan O'vail, Chief of Staff
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mercantile guild

silversmith guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    well, i am quite a distance away from guilds row but i will work with you to restore it. waiting to hear from the GM about a few things before i know how much i can currently contribute

6. - Top - End - #96

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Silversmith's Guild

To the Mercantile's Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    Of course, just please remember to contact us when you are ready.

7. - Top - End - #97

The United Alliance of Labor

EBSA
    Spoiler
    Show

Yeahs. You know, a little booze, a bit ta' eat. Talk about cherself, no work stuff. Dere's a little 'ole in the wall I could shows yous.
    He clips the tip off his cigar and lights it up,
    If yous are intrested.

Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Banner courtesy of Nyrt

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mercantile guild

to EBSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    things have changed. i will be sending you 3 wealth instead of my men as i need to keep them close to home due to current situation

9. - Top - End - #99

Home Guard to Cornelius StigBalathad [Private]
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC: I will assume you meant Old Face.

Certainly, that would be an acceptable arrangement, though we fear we must also report to several noble families in Risen Court. They are our original sponsors, and thus must be given due deference.

Gear's Chosen to Technists Guild (ESP-D 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

We are always looking for more books to add to our collection. While yours is undoubtedly full of unholy devices that disgrace the name of the Righteous Machines, we would be willing to accept this gift.

Foundry Artificers to Technists Guild (ESP-D 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Artificer Omar LeFance: "I have been working on a truly magnificent project that I am sure you will be interested in funding. I have very carefully been developing a plague with which to infect all of humanity--I see your eyes widen at the thought! Never fear! My disease only works on the dermal layer, turning all human skin to the indigo hue that God truly intended!"

Sygaldrists Lennec and Teth: "We have been trying to reverse-engineer some interesting magical devices found buried beneath the Triphage Untima. We think they're of Zancharian make. No idea what they do yet, but some of the side-effects of our experimentation have been interesting."

The Mord: "Dogs. I've been making them bigger."

Ser Lostria VenTek: "Well, if you're looking for something to 'benefit all people,' as you said, I've had an idea for easier water purification rattling around for a while. I'd prefer to work on my armor smithing, but if you're proposing to fund it I could give the filtration thing a shot."

To oblivion6 [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Traitor's Bridge: There are already tollbooths and guardhouses along the bridge, controlled by people who until yesterday reported to the sorceress. At the moment, they're not really thinking of tomorrow and are keeping on doing what they were doing, keeping all the money for themselves. You would have to either subvert them or kick them out and replace them with your own people to take over the bridge.

The Turnaround: I can't give you solid numbers on that, because that sort of thing would be considered an economic attack and thus there would be rolls involved. Could be one number, could be another, depending on who the dice favor.

Airship: That could absolutely be done. I think I forgot to copy the Technology briefing over from the recruitment thread, but here's the gist of it: Black powder weapons exist, but aren't that common in the Shattered Lands and Sav Altulas. Airships exist as well, but are even rarer and don't come this far north, due to warlords and dragons.

The Gear's Chosen to Mercantile's Guild (ESP-D 3)
    Spoiler
    Show

We will accept any donations you choose to give to the True Mechanical Faith, but we refuse to, as you say, "merge" with the Mercantile's Guild. You worship false idols of Coin and Profit, while we worship blueprints drawn in Heaven Itself. These ideals are not compatible.

We would, of course, be willing to provide you with instruction in the Holy Path of the Machine, should you so desire.

Factories South: Union Throwdown Edition (ESP-D 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

"Ya hear dat, boys? We bad guys, looks like!" Ugly Hat grinned. "An' who would doubt dat, comin' as it does from th' king o' th' skeezeballs, Dennis Fatarse, eh? Fairly boggles th' mind."

There were chuckles all around. A real comedian, was this fellow.

"You head on back uptown, now," said Hat, losing his smile with a suddenness, "and you let dat dip**** Dennis know dat if he wants us to play bad guys, we'll ****in' play bad guys, aight? An' you, if I see you 'round here again, why, I can't say fer shure dat they'll ever find all the pieces of ya. Hear me?"

Bookbinder's Guild to EBSA (ESP-D 5)
    Spoiler
    Show

The arrangement you propose raises some questions for us. First of all, to what degree would working for the EBSA affect our normal operations? A lot of our business comes from private enterprises or aspiring authors wishing to publish, and we would not want an editorial oversight other than our own to interfere in that work.

Orn Totre: EBSA (ESP-D 5)
    Spoiler
    Show

This much ESP lets you know that an EBSA messenger has been captured by the former secret police and taken somewhere for questioning. You do not know the contents of that conversation.

PM-EBSA
    Spoiler
    Show

A steel plate slams down behind the grille, and the messenger can hear voices murmuring beyond it for a moment. When it is raised a new voice speaks, this one very, very deep, sending bass echoes rumbling through the dungeon.

"A purging of Desoui's chosen,"
    it says, chuckling. "What put that idea into your head, my friend? What have you heard that we have not?"

There is a sound of metal on metal from behind the messenger's chair, just a slight clink.

Wrecken Family to EBSA (ESP-D 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

More than fair. Let us end this petty war so that we may get to the business of making Heartsblood into the noble district that it was meant to be.

Lodstrom High Society Club-Kara Lythene
    Spoiler
    Show

"Strife?" A genteel chuckle. "Perhaps you are thinking of some other Club, eh? We just enjoy our drinks, dear lady, not..."

"Erhm," said an older gentleman, watching Kara very carefully with ice-blue eyes. "Herbert, the usual talk won't work here. Our friend from Lythene is a sharp girl, I think. She knows about Matoff."

"That fat ****," said Herbert, all of the geniality leaving his voice in an instant.

"My dear, dear child," said the old man, as though Herbert had not spoken, "You have my full attention, which is something that many like you have tried and failed to claim. What sort of assistance did you have in mind, hmm?" He laughed quietly to himself. "I feel it unfortunate that I must remind someone from a fellow noble house of this, but here in the Sky no one feels any obligation to the petty bureaucracies and legalities that hold sway elsewhere. I cannot see anything that your...what was it? Executive Bureaucracy? A quaint title, don't you think, implying a structure that is in itself the executive, or head of state, the organization built to support the thing that it itself has become...a worm eating its own tail or somesuch. Anyway. I cannot see anything that your EBSA can do for us, but my eyesight has not been the best of late. Perhaps you can bring something entertaining to light for me." Eyes too bright for that old, knowing face winked at her. "And talk fast, girl. Henry, old Thiugh Wallen's son, is here--you may have met him during drinks earlier, charming fellow--and I suspect he may have an interesting proposal for us as well."

To Ragnar Lodbroke [Private]
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm going to wait until the Society's conversation with Kara Lythene is concluded before having them respond to you, if that's okay.

Felix Urd: The Exchange (Private)
    Spoiler
    Show

The Ansigaris will consider your offer. Many of them are inclined to agree to it at once, citing the good treatment of the Exchange's current guards, but some are leery, and want more information on what you are intending to do with the neighborhood once you have control. Why do you want your guards on our homes? What is the game, here?

The Gear to Blackfist Brotherhood (ESP-D 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

All we want is to get these goddamn machine cultists out of our neighborhood. Should you help drive them out, we will fight by your side.

The Host's Watch to Blackfist Brotherhood (ESP-D 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

We are the foreigners, the innkeepers, and the men at the door. We have seen many come and go in this city, including the sorceress who's downfall you are trumpeting in the streets. Perhaps one day we will see you go as well. We do not like your politics, but we will not refuse any aid in defending our homes from the broken men who try to burn them down.

Gangs to Blackfist (ESP-D 0)
    Spoiler
    Show

Aye, and what then? All yer gonna find is that there ain't never enough for everyone, fingerboy. Pull yer head out of yer ass, why don't you.

OOC: That said, a lot of gang members are certainly interested in your message.

Blackjack Boys to Blackfist (ESP-D 5)
    Spoiler
    Show

We got our own problems, boyo. You think the sorceress was bad? Least with her, you knew where you stood. Come on up Redress Street some day, we'll hunt down a MU Sifter or two so you can see what magic can do when it's not concerned with the business of running things and just wants to steal and destroy.

Little Veras to Blackfist Brotherhood (ESP-D 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

The madmen in the Foundry like the way you speak, friend.

"It is amazing what you can build when you have no limitations."
    -Lucas Deplorian, Tinker-King of Veras.

The Street Men to the Blackfist Brotherhood (ESP-D 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

When the Knifehands are done with, we won't be fighting anyone. All we ever wanted to do was our jobs, see? Just keep the streets clean. Don't know how it got to be all about politics around here.

Deadman's Hill to Blackfist Brotherhood (ESP-D 1)
    Spoiler
    Show

**** the police.

To ForzaFiori, Grimsage Matt
    Spoiler
    Show

Just as a note, printing presses do exist, and there are in fact some already in Sav Altulas. However, the Bookbinder's Guild has a habit of posting bounties on presses that are not under their control, which keeps the technology all but unknown outside of Mewlings.

Roper's Guard to House Laurier (ESP-D 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Funny, we heard the same rumor about your neighborhood. Though admittedly that rumor may have been talking about you yourselves.

Decker's Dogs are louts, pure and simple, bandits who thought they could get people to treat them with respect if they called themselves mercenaries and took over a couple of taverns. Thieving, brawling *******s, the lot of 'em. Any help you want to send our way would be appreciated; we certainly can't deal with it.

The Host's Watch to Mercantile's Guild (ESP-D 3)
    Spoiler
    Show

More funds would be appreciated. These bandit gangs, they are getting worse every year. What we really need is some form of gatehouse control, and maybe some cheaper rooms so that the refugees can get themselves sorted out and don't form street gangs right away. Every effort we've made to fix the problem has only made it worse, though, so maybe we're not the best people to be making suggestions.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mercantile guild
    morale:3

to gears chosen
    Spoiler
    Show
    hmm...training in the art of machinery might do us well. it also appears that the blackfist brotherhood is looking for an excuse to wipe you out

to turnaround
    Spoiler
    Show
    i suggest a merger with my guild. that way i have the authority to bring my full might to bear on the situation. i understand if your reluctant to do such a thing though.

to GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    oh, i know such a thing might take a bit. thats why i have the money and others have the technological know how to make me such things

on second thought, how much wealth would it take to hook myself up with a fairly large airship? i am equipped with a trait that allows me to get in contact with such dealers. i might hold out on the stage coach business. i believe im stretching myself sorta thin

11. - Top - End - #101

Church of Neposh

To the Merchintile guild (DESP 3)
    Spoiler
    Show

We are very glad you are willing to support the true faith. What size of a donation are you wanting to make? We are able to give you access to the tunnels immediatly, but the relics will take a little longer to deliever.
    (ooc: the relics are echanted items that provide protection from enemies. We will also have weapons that give the wielder strength, but they are not ready yet.)

To the Silversmiths guild (DESP 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Unfortunetly we do not have much in the lines of precious metals or stones. What we do have is real protection. Our pendants are fused with the holy protection of the Holy Neposh. Although we have none currently, we can also make weapons that contain the fury of the True god

To the Ram Revolution (DESP 7)
    Spoiler
    Show

We are willing to assist you in the device. We can currently donate 1 WEL, although we do not wish to communicate with the Technist Guild directly as of now. I have no ill toward them, but we feel like the conversation could turn south very easily.

To the Hearthfeather Family (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Havey comes to the Hearthfeather mansion, and seeks an audience with the head of the house. (assuming he's allowed in)
    Lords of the house, Rumors have came to my ears that you have been fighting with another house over this district. I'm not sure what your beliefs are, but giving praise to Neposh can always help when in a conflict. He was born of conflict with the Gods themselves, surely if you are willing to give financial backing to the church, you will find your resources in other areas multiply.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Colossus in the Playground

The Blackfist Brotherhood

To the Gear's Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show
    Despite what you may have heard, we do not aim for your destruction. We are not directly concerned with your destruction, or whatever it is you build.
    However, we would ask you to relocate to another place, if that can be arranged, or find a way of conducting your studies without disturbing the locals of the district. They do not want you in their midst, and if it were to come to open conflict, we found find ourselves your enemies. Which, though regrettable for us, would not end to your advantage.

-The Little Finger

To the Common People of The Gear [2]
    Spoiler
    Show
    First, we will attempt a peaceful solution. But be not disheartened brothers: if the Chosen should prove unwilling to negotiate, they will be driven away.

To the Host's Watch [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We do not want politics any more than you do. It is a necessity, that we have to engage in, not a wish. But we fight for the same thing you do: a man's right to defend his own home. We do not ask for your help. We ask for your voice: state your independence, your willingness to handle your own affairs instead of bowing to some government caring more about your taxes than your lives, and you will have a friend in us, brothers.

The Gangs [0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perhaps there won't ever be enough for everyone. But there can certainly quite a bit more for those who have the least. Ask yourselves: how come that some live in palaces, and some in the streets? There will never be a palace for everyone. But perhaps a roof to most.
    In any case, let us say this: our doors are open to every man who wishes to join us. If your bosses do not want to join the cause, be a man, brother, and go on your own!

To Little Veras [2]
    Spoiler
    Show
    And we would like to have you for an ally. Think of it as a mutually beneficial partnership: we defend your streets against the trampling boots and pikes of those who would call themselves our overlords, and you... give whatever help you can, in machines or resources.

To the Street Men [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    And that is what we fight for, brothers! A man should have the right to do his job and live his life, without paperwork and politics. What we say is this: do your job, by all means, but declare that you want no hand in whatever government is set up. That you want to be independent and rule your own affairs as a district. Even from that, you would have a friend in the Blackfist Brothers. If we were to help you handle security, you could do your job all the more easily.

To Deadman's Hill [1]
    Spoiler
    Show
    ****ing the Police is a beginning, brothers, and one we share. But it is not an end. A man of the watch takes a job he is paid for. He will be ruthless, he will be cruel, but in the end, he does what he has to to make his family survive.
    Move up, brothers, from ****ing the police, to ****ing the state! Join the cause, and raise a torch!
    Resident Vancian Apologist

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Constantine - Kara Lythene (Private)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Your idea of a 'regent' sounds acceptable. More power in the position than I had originally wanted, but compromise was the point of this meeting, wasn't it? Any other semantics can hopefully be solved at the upcoming meeting at EBSA headquarters"

TO: Church of Neposh (D ESP 7)
    Spoiler
    Show

As the church surely knows from collecting tithes, every bit helps. Once the Technists have completed their machine, that money will make big strides towards setting up our own. In respect for your wishes, I will of course keep the church from being mentioned when dealing with the guild.

Go Tigers!

14. - Top - End - #104

NinjaGuy

To GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sounds great. That was my plan.

To Bloodhaven (D. Esp 4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    My dear doctor; feel free to ask anything you need. Always glad to help the city.

Lord Henry Wallen

To EBSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    When are you planning to meet? Would you need any extra security?

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    We offered Funding to some Artificers recently, and this is one of the forms submited;
    Artificer Omar LeFance: "I have been working on a truly magnificent project that I am sure you will be interested in funding. I have very carefully been developing a plague with which to infect all of humanity--I see your eyes widen at the thought! Never fear! My disease only works on the dermal layer, turning all human skin to the indigo hue that God truly intended!"
    As your doctors, thought we'd give you a heads up. Also, would you be intrested in exchanging notes on biology sometime? It's not our primary focus, but we always Value information.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mercantile's guild

to church of neposh
    Spoiler
    Show
    expect 3 wealth this turn and if things go well more next turn. i am currently engaged in several other projects that require the rest of my wealth

17. - Top - End - #107

Cornelius StigBalathad to Home Guard [Private]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, yes, of course. This should not be a problem. If I could inquire about the names of these gentlemen to whom you report?
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

18. - Top - End - #108

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Silversmith's Guild

To the Church of Neposh
    Spoiler
    Show
    That is very interesting. We will see if we have the funds necessary to purchase them, and if not this turn then definitely the next one.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

EBSA

Kara Lythene- Constantine
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Indeed." she stands to leave "I hope that all your endeavors go smoothly. Have a nice day, and if you need anything, send a runner"

UAL- Kara Lythene
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Sure, I could use something to drink" she shrugs "Not that hungry but, that's not a problem. I have some time to chat"

Ragnar
    Spoiler
    Show
    The meeting will occur next (turn). We could use more security for the perimeter.

Bookbinders
    Spoiler
    Show
    We make make some simple administrative changes to bring the Guild up to EBSA code, and major decisions will have to be authorized, but we have no interest in censoring publishers or taking away your control of the industry.

Orn Totre- Private
    Spoiler
    Show
    The runner sputters "N-nothing I've heard, but there is a feeling that is merely a matter of time before someone decides to win political points by taking a... very harsh stance on the sorceress's former supporters. " he shrugs as best he can "We just wanted to offer a mutually beneficial deal before that occurs. "

Wreken Family
    Spoiler
    Show
    Our forces are better at defensive conflicts, so perhaps our Greycloaks can hold the line while you can commit all of your troops. This might force the Heartfeathers to stretch their lines thin. Besides from that, what other help would you need?

Kara Lythene- Lodstrom Society
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kara waits listening to the other nobles, before she smiles tightly and saying her piece "What can we add? My dear lords, soon (next turn) we shall be hosting the meeting that hopefully will chart the course of the next government of the city. We can offer soldiers, financial backing, and smooth the legalities of various political actions requiring paperwork. " she pauses and steps forwards "In a word, while we are not the most publicly powerful of organizations, we are strong enough behind close doors. Speaking of Lord Wallen, I have already spoken with him, and his has offered his support to the formation of the new government. What I am here for is your support, and the EBSA is willing to aid you in establishing yourselves as superior to the old blood houses in terms of influence over this district"

Mercantile Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very well, troubles.
    Last edited by Greystone; 2012-07-19 at 05:20 PM.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

20. - Top - End - #110

United Alliance of Labor

Factories South: Union Throwdown Edition
    Spoiler
    Show

Mr. Dennis said if you wouldn't go, I'd have to make you go. And Mr. Dennis said that the bad guys would say mean things, and that I wasn't supposed to listen and I was just supposed to make them go away. I'm gonna make you go away now.

Rocco replaced his hat and frowned.
    Please leave.

EBSA
    Spoiler
    Show

The boss smiles and straightens his ill-fitting coat,
    Well I's is just tickled pink. What's you's name dollface? Mines 'es Dennis.
    He laughs and gestures for her to follow, making his way towards the docks proper. As he begins to move his thugs make to follow, but he quickly shoos them away,
    AYE, I'M WALKING HERE! BACK OFF YA' SCHMUCKS!
    He chuckles again and turns back towards his date,
    Who'd a thunk this'd happen, neh?

Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Banner courtesy of Nyrt

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

The Sausage Guild

To the UAL
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very well then we agree. To cement this deal we will tell you this. We expect to make a major expansion in the coming weeks. If we can count on your services afterwards then you can count on all the meat you can eat when you expand your own plans to give the workers of the city some much needed organization.

-Bloodhand

22. - Top - End - #112

WolfInSheepsClothing

The Librarian of the Elements
    Esp-D: 4

To: The Yellow Court
    Spoiler
    Show

And here I thought that I would find no-one with even a trace of civilization here. I suppose that since you were so cordial, that I will grant a boon.

The Crimson court will soon be destroyed. If you should accept vassalage, then I shall spare you the same fate, and grant you control of this neighborhood.

Otherwise, we shall see who is the stronger between us.

To: The Crimson Court
    Spoiler
    Show

If that is your only response, then I shall carry out my earlier promise. Expect my response in two weeks time.

To: The Blacksbrace Gang
    Spoiler
    Show

Very well, then. I will begin my attack in three days.

23. - Top - End - #113

NinjaGuy

To Lodstrom Society
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Given that tomorrow is the EoT, I wanted to end this as soon as possible.

(Assuming they accept to attend the EBSA meeting):

Once Kara Lythene had finished, Henry stepped in to talk to the leaders
    "Well, now that you know what the odds are, and have agreed to attend the meeting, I will tell you what my ideas are.

Basically, I think like you. The older Houses (Including most of my own) have transformed the sistem into a joke. The noble class is no longer alive, and the ones of us who actually want to make this city work are strangled by it.

That is the reason for all the cults, gangs, and anarchists running around. If we don't adapt, we'll be destroyed.
    I brought some samples
    Spoiler
    Show
    He passes around some of the flyers publicly distributed by the Blackfists

Some of you may think they are a joke. They are not. They are strong and dangerous, and we will have to deal with them shortly.
    We have to win the masses back to do that.

I think the idea of the EBSA meeting can give us some legitimacy to form a new government, and maybe stop the revolt that we will undoubtely face otherwise.

In any case, I have a proposal to make. I'll be direct.

I have a great problem, at this time. My father's actions have destroyed a lot of my house's former prestige. I disagree with such actions, and suffered a lot of them on my own skin. Yet I am looked upon as a sequel of such deeds...
    Thus, I'm with no allies at the moment, despite belonging to an important house. And I can't hope to make a difference alone.

You, on the other hand, have prestige and desire to create a sistem that works, like I do. But you are too divided, and too small individually to make a difference.

The Old Houses would scowl at your attempts of change, and say things like "Remember your place".
    They have enough power to damage you, and will do their best to stop your political ambitions, just like they will with my own.

This is my offer: We will unify our assets. We will form a Party (I'm fine with naming it "Lodstrom party", though I don't care about the name), and we will act together on all things.
    The party will be ruled by a Neighbourhood council of 10, elected by its members, (One member, one vote, of course).
    We would start with two Councils: Lodstrom and Gleamers.
    Each Council would attract more members in the neighbourhood and act as a link between the neighbourhood and the Party.

The Councils will be headed by a Patrician (Who must be a member of one of the councils) elected by all Council Members. The Patrician will discuss matters with the councils and set party policy.
    The patrician would decide when the Councils were divided on opinion; and he would have to share his policy decissions with them.

However, that Patrician wouldn't be able to accept the position of King or PM, should the new government be formed.
    He could accept a ministry though.

My house may have lost prestige, but I'm still a major noble, and I'm the ruler of Gleamers.
    A lot of my noble friends from there would join, and that would be enough to make us powerful.

Finally, I would like to add that not all Houses are New coin or Old Houses. Some Houses stand in the middle, and many of them actually share our vission of things. They are more conservative, and care more about tradition and proper order than we do.

Appointing an Old House Noble like myself as the first patrician would atract those houses to our side.

I know, you don't like that bit too much. But think about it: You would be able to get me down at any time, as soon as you had enough votes. I can assure you that my friends from Gleamers aren't so great to support me if I don't do well.

And the Old Houses wouldn't be able to scowl so much if all of us were together. The dumber ones would think I'm the only man directing the Party.
    And as you know, "There is nothing wrong with the smaller houses following the bigger ones"
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: He says that imitating a really ols member from House Madoff

Together, we could extend our rule over here, efectively stopping House Matoff, we would be big enough to atract more like-thinking Houses, and we would actually stand a chance against all the anarchists and gangs that are going around these days..

I officially offer my men to serve as further protection to your neighbourhood, and open my barracks to you: you will be able to send your men to train with mine if you like. I belive in military cooperation, and our men would be better working as one.

If the government as planned by the EBSA works, we will be in a great position.

If things went bad, and the Revolution started, we would be better off together and strong than weak and divided.

And you should also think what your other options are: The gentlemen's society seem like a fun group, but they are Old Houses, unlikely to bring any change.
    And what will happen if House Matoff takes the initiative?

That is what I think. I would like to know what you think, now.

If you agree, we can form the Council when you choose to (Better soner than later, though)."

(If they don't accept the meeting, please forget all references to it. The speech would be the same)

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Letter from Bloodhaven to Technists

''Thank you for your warning. I'd be willing to consult you in the field of physiology and chemistry. I hope you would be able to assist me in creating a prototype of mechnaical prosthetics at some point in the future.''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

25. - Top - End - #115

Gear's Chosen to Mercantile's Guild (ESP-D 3)
    Spoiler
    Show

If this is the case, then they are fools and less than fools. Let the heretics come. All the torches they may raise will not burn holy steel.

Bloodthorne Carriage House to Mercantile's Guild (ESP-D 3)
    Spoiler
    Show

We have some problems that need to be worked out before we can consider such a deal, thanks.

Exodus Carriage House to Mercantile's Guild (ESP-D 3)
    Spoiler
    Show

No.

To oblivion6 [Private]
    Spoiler
    Show

Acquiring an airship would cost you, with your Merchant Contacts trait, 20 WEL.

Hearthfeather Family to Church of Neposh [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

We have heard of your Neposh and his war with the gods. We will consider it. Miracles always do come in handy, don't they?

The Gear's Chosen to Blackfist Brotherhood (ESP-D 6)
    Spoiler
    Show

What matter is it to the Righteous Machines if they disturb the sleep of the unworthy? The Gear is ours, part of the very plans we build from, and we will not be moved; not by word, not by sword, and not by purging fire.

Host's Watch to Blackfist Brotherhood (ESP-D 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

We will consider your words. At the very least, we would like to keep running our own affairs, and it seems that you are supportive of that.

Little Veras to Blackfist Brotherhood (ESP-D 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

As long as no one interferes with our great work, we are happy to assist you.

Street Men to Blackfist Brotherhood (ESP-D 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

We will give your words a good thinking over. Declaring things to the government reeks a little too much of politics, but being left alone and getting rid of the Knives ain't nothing to scoff at.

Deadman Hill to Blackfist Brotherhood (ESP-D 1)
    Spoiler
    Show

There will be fire in the streets; that we promise you.

Warden Malcolm Exarn to Blackfist Brotherhood (ESP-D 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

I see you trying to incite folk 'round here, trying to rile things up, and I feel I ought to warn you that all you're going to do is get these good people killed. All those poor sods you're telling to "Raise the torch" on Deadman Hill, they're going to have to be put down, you know? Ain't nothing else for it.

Stay the hell away from my people.

Home Guard to Cornelius StigBalathad [Private]
    Spoiler
    Show

House Etimine, House Jove, House Lusoph, House Terrepa and House Fauxworthy are our main benefactors, though of course there are other lesser houses that also support the Guard.

Bookbinder's Guild to EBSA (ESP-D 5)
    Spoiler
    Show

We would like to keep our administration exactly the way it is, thank you very much. We are willing to accept the EBSA as clients, but the Guild has always enjoyed a position as an impartial printer and distributor of the written word. Accepting your authority would undermine that impartial position to a degree that we find unacceptable.

We hope this decision does not sour relations between our Guild and your organization.

Orn Totre: EBSA [Private]
    Spoiler
    Show

"I see," said the deep voice. The steel plate slammed down again.

A cold-sweat minute later, the grille opened once more. This time, the voice was female, and imperiously cold. "Tell your masters that we will consider their offer," it said. "We have certain business that must be finished before we can come to any more permanent decision."

A gloved hand reached around from behind the messenger and dropped a brass key in his lap. "You can see yourself out, I think," said the voice. The plate slammed down for a final time, and the man chained to the chair heard feet shuffling, doors opening and closing, and then silence.

When he managed to reach the key, unlock the chains and make his way out of the room, the messenger was surprised to find himself emerging from a door in Silent Court, three blocks down from the Greycloak perimeter around the Halls of Final Justice.

Wrekan Family to EBSA (ESP-D 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Anything to help tip the balance would be appreciated. This eternal stalemate is intolerable.

Lodstrom High Society Club to Kara Lythene [Private]
    Spoiler
    Show

When Kara was done speaking, there was a long pause.

"An interesting view of things, to be sure," said the old man. "I'm not much for the political game--" several other members of the Club laughed at this-- "but it seems to me like something that could work. We'll think it over, yes? No reason to rush into things like this."

Later, after the Club has spoken to Henry Wallen...

"Ah, there you are!" The old man's eyes gleam with a disturbing amount of intelligence. "I don't think we'll be needing your assistance, young lady, though it was kind of you to offer it. Convey my compliments to your fellows down in Silent Court, won't you? We are going to have such fun with this new government you are creating."

Lodstrom High Society Club to Henry Wallen [Private]
    Spoiler
    Show

There is a long silence.

"You've thought this through pretty well, haven't you?" said one of the members of the Club, an older gentleman with disturbingly intelligent eyes. "If you don't mind, we'd like to talk things over privately for a bit. This is a fairly large decision, as you are undoubtably aware. I'll walk you to the door."

The murmer of conversation begins as soon as they leave the room. The old man smiles as he hears it.

"They'll argue for a while, of course," he said, "and some will oppose it entirely. But I think you've made a good case, lad. Who knows, maybe this generation of House Wallen will amount to something greater than the last, eh?" His laugh said that he knew the joke wasn't funny, and wasn't meant to be. "The answer will be yes, of course. A political party headed by the scion of a disgraced house, a convenient figurehead that can both get them power and take the blame if something goes wrong? Oh yes, they won't be able to resist that." His smile could have cut glass. "Have a drink, Henry. You're going to need it for the days ahead."

Yellow Court to Librarian of the Elements (ESP-D 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

We are Lords and Masters of our domain, vassal to no one. We doubt your ability to destroy the Crimson Court matches up with your ability to speak the words; they have resisted our best efforts to eradicate them, and stood tall through storms of fire and hail. Do not try to tempt us with false promises, Librarian.

Crimson Court to Librarian of the Elements (ESP-D 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

No further response is required. Step to us and die.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

IC
    OOC

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

26. - Top - End - #116
    Pixie in the Playground

Militia of Order and Justice

EBSA-Kara Lythene
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will join your government for one turn, if we feel that it is just we may become permanent members.

27. - Top - End - #117

WolfInSheepsClothing

The Librarian of the Elements
    Esp-D: 4

To: The Yellow Court
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson Court would appear to be disputing your claim rather well, lately. They've also done nothing but hurl insults at me, whilst you have maintained at least a semblance of politeness.

Since a pre-emptive deal appears to not be in the realm of consideration, I would propose a bet. You would seem to believe that the Crimson Court will survive conflict with me, while I believe that it will not. If you happen to be correct, then I'll leave you alone, most likely facing a Crimson Court that is weakened. If I am correct, then you will govern the neighborhood for me.

Would such a bet be acceptable?

28. - Top - End - #118

Yellow Court to Librarian of the Elements (ESP-D 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

We would hesitate to use the word "bet" with regards to this deal, as it is the opinion of the Court that your failure is inevitable. As such, you might imagine the confidence with which we accept your bargain. Let us see what your words are worth, Librarian. Let there be fire in the Black Streets.

Factories South: Union Throwdown Edition (ESP-D 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

"Leave?" You could have cut the false incredulity with a knife. "Leave for where? This is where we live, and no straightass Union **** is going to kick us out."

OOC: Sorry I forgot to respond to this earlier.
    Last edited by Zemalac; 2012-07-20 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Adding missed response to IcemanJRC
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

IC
    OOC

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

29. - Top - End - #119

NinjaGuy

Lord Wallen to Lodstrom High Society Club [Private]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Henry Wallen smiled. "It's what I hoped. If we fail, I'll have a lot more to worry about than some nobles turning their backs at me."

He took a small glass, with light cider.

"I don't normally drink alcohol, but I think I'll share a toast. For New Nobility, my friend. Have a good evening, we'll talk in the morning"

To Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am sending you the funds to start the new hospital wing. Will the promised sum sufice?

I am looking forward to a meeting in a close future to discuss matters of importance to the town.

Lord Henry Wallen
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2012-07-20 at 11:03 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120

Turn 1 Results
    July, 1032 DR

The Sav Altulas Standard, Your Daily Broadsheet
    Setting the standard in clear printing, up-to-date news and knowledgeable reporting.
    Sponsored by the Sav Altulas Bookbinder's Guild.

Fighting is reported underground in the Silver Way in Gilded. Exchange guards have been pulled back, bloodied and exhausted, to regroup around the Mint itself. Rumor has it that Sausage Guild tunnellers got into the lower vaults, but the state of the Exchange troops suggests something bigger is going on here.

The Wardens have cleared out the Guild's Watch Association completely from the Guild's Hand neighborhood. Those members of the GWA who weren't killed surrendered or joined up with the Wardens.

Warden troops are supporting the Gatekeeper's Guard in Gateway Milanus against the Milanus Protective Association, which has vowed to fight to the last man.

Warden troops marching into White Market to clear out Wayt Embler and his men suffered heavy casualties and were forced to retreat.

The Mercantile's Guild is now in full control of Traitor's Bridge.

The bandit gangs in the Traveler's Quarter have been completely destroyed, thanks to support offered to the Host's Watch by the Mercantile's Guild.

Swordsware is now controlled by House Laurier, as is the Pond. The Buronian and Lomaran merchant factions in the Pond are still acting independently, however.

Both the Militia of Order and Justice and House Laurier lent assistance to the Roper's Guard in the Chain Run in their attempts to drive out Decker's Dogs. The Dogs are all dead or fled, but the future of the neighborhood remains uncertain.

Rumor has it that the Militia of Order and Justice found something evil in the Fractures neighborhood while trying to clear the tunnels of monsters.

Pisser's Kingdom is now under the control of the Ram Rebellion's Revolutionary Army, amid accusations of inciting the Knifehands and Street Men to violence before storming the neighborhood.

The Tragic Court has taken up the cause of the Order of the Wren.

Gang members in the Pits are flocking to the banner of the Blackfist Brotherhood.

A charity event held by the United Alliance of Labor in the Mendicant's Field turned into a small war when necromancers and priests of Orsag the Guardian clashed over dinner.

Technist Guild troopers have taken up patrols in Little Veras. They control the streets, but the Foundry is still off doing their own thing.

It is said that the whores of the Painted Court owe Doctor Vassari a debt for certain medical assistance he has given them.

The Wrekan family in Heartsblood has begun an all-out assault on their hated enemies, the Hearthfeather family, thanks to the presence of EBSA Greycloaks defending their families and giving them encouragement.

Enraged soldiers from the Fist of Neposh are fighting in the streets with the Heartspear Secret Police in Orn Totre in the wake of a Heartspear assassination attempt on the Mouth of Neposh while he was speaking to the people of the neighborhood. Rumor has it that the Mouth is gravely wounded, and near death. Police bodies are piling up.

The Lodstrom High Society Club is now the Lodstrom High Society Party, determined to act for the political interests of the New Coin nobility, with Henry Wallen of House Wallen as its Patrician.

The smiths in the Smithway now serve the Silversmith's Guild.

Dignitaries in Millford's, Dappled Court and Hobbespot have all placed major orders with the Heladuit Court.

The Home Guard from Risen Court now patrols Old Face as well, and members of the noble families who sponsor them have been incorporated into the Esoteric Society of Gentleman Explorers.

The Crimson Court in Northside Black has been destroyed by fire from the sky, and the Yellow Court has sworn fealty to the Librarian of the Elements.

Silas Mok, the mad wizard of Southside Black, has fought the Librarian to a standstill.

An Imperial caravan rumored to be carrying weapons destined for the Wardens has been raided, and had much of its cargo stolen. The Imperial Trade Ministry has put out a bounty of [2 WEL] for the perpetrators.

The Bookbinder's Guild suspects that the Blackfist Brotherhood has access to a non-Guild printing press, and has posted a bounty of [1 WEL] to whoever finds and destroys it.

The Champions of Soverignity, a secret society long thought to be either a myth or extinct, have claimed control over the Hopers neighborhood in Runner's City.

Mail, Cover-Ups, and Other Hidden Happenings

ESP-D 4
    Spoiler
    Show

Dear Sir,

I have recently begun having trouble with certain mercenary groups in the city that wish to take over our operation here. I would like to request more men and weapons for my personal use, so that I may further secure my control over the neighborhood that we have set up our shop in.

Your humble servant,
    Wayt Embler
    Dear Mr. Embler,

We are aware of the situation in Sav Altulas. While the chaos there is certainly a pressing matter, I have been informed by reliable sources that you have more than enough resources already at your disposal to handle the problem. Keep providing excellent results, my friend.

Regards,
    Lucas Deplorian
    Dear Sir,

While you may be aware of the situation, I do not think you are aware of the specifics, being in Veras as you are. Our authority here has been challenged--your authority, sir--and I cannot abide that. I am once again requesting further men and supplies, preferably professional Operators. I have equipped my men here with Operator equipment, but most of them do not have the same training and skill as true Verdan professionals.

Your humble servant,
    Wayt Embler
    Dear Mr. Embler,

I am afraid we have no in-house Operators available for supporting you at present time. If you still feel you require assistance, I will send Mr. Neilson, and give him leeway to do what he sees fit to remedy the situation in Sav Altulas, as at that point it would seem that you are incapable of handling it.

Regards,
    Lucas Deplorian
    Dear Sir,

That will not be necessary. Please do not send Neilson. I will deal with this problem personally and swiftly, of that you have my word.

Your humble servant,
    Wayt Embler

ESP-D 5
    Spoiler
    Show

United Alliance of Labor thugs, headed by Union Policy Enforcer Rocco Scagnetti, spent the entire duration of the UAL's charity dinner in the Mendicant's Field beating up members of the Factories South Union. This was then covered up by the UAL's Union Office.

Turn 2 Begins
    August, 1032 DR
    EoTs due Saturday, July 28
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

IC