New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Broken City

Blackfist to James

You don't understand, James. We don't want your help. These people came to us for help, because they were not getting any anywhere else. Keep your people to guard your precious bridges. We will be guarding our people.
    As for working together, well, these are nice words, James. So far, we haven't seen any of it in action. We will do our own fixing, you pretend to do yours.
    We would be telling you to stick your tax where the sun doesn't shine, but not only will you not have any tax to stick there, at least not from us, you also seem to believe that the sun actually shines out of your nether regions.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Ogre in the Playground

Gear's Chosen (8)

To Blackfists
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm quite aware yes. I requested certain concessions with regard to the province, and your organization didn't respond. So we had no choice but to ensure that we received them. We'll be happy to turn over control of the Union Office and the balance of the Neighborhood for the following concessions.

a. A large section of the Docks in order to accept and receive trade ad dock our own projects
    b. The Drydocks
    and c. A land corridor between our territories in the Smokestacks and those further East, so we can run some supplies and infrastructure without being bothered by any of your associates.

To Ram
    Spoiler
    Show
    I apologize for the slowness of the electrification, getting the Nexus up and running took longer then I had hoped. Regardless, we should have the lines to Rots Borough soon enough.

To Technists
    Spoiler
    Show
    I apologize for the slowness of the electrification, getting the Nexus up and running took longer then I had hoped. Regardless, we should have the lines to your factories and workshops soon enough.

To Champions of Sovereignty
    Spoiler
    Show
    Regardless of any issues of legitimacy, and certainly leaving aside the discussion of why you claim unilateral right to levy a tax, I'm afraid that at this point [2 wealth] is an unacceptably large portion of our disposable wealth, as the vast majority of it is currently tied up in various civic and sacred projects.
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2012-10-17 at 06:23 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

3. - Top - End - #1203

Blackfist to Chosen and DM [8]
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can have the dry docks. What we want is the UAL's offices and assets, as whole as we can get them, and some access to the docks.

Proposal: we more or less split the province. You get most of the coast and ports, I get the warehouses and UAL offices.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Ogre in the Playground

To Blackfist
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ignore my edit, sorry.

And done.
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2012-10-17 at 06:24 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

5. - Top - End - #1205

Carricature

A little boy, wooden crown on his head, sitting on a bridge as if it was a rocking horse, in front of a burning city. Armed mobs can be seen as indistinct figures in the smoke.
    "I want taxes! I want taxes!", the caption reads.

To the chosen [8]

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, Corridors for either of us would be a good idea. Or just right of way for transports made by either faction.

Also, would you be interested in a little project? We are trying to find a way to navigate in the Wild Magic and chaotic terrain of downwind.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2012-10-17 at 06:30 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Taxes

Spending Proposal:
    50% Trade Routes through Warlord Lands
    25% Construction of Airship Factory in Smokeyards
    25% Restoration of Daimot University

Board of Education (Vasari, Lord Founder, Delathion) to King James & ESBA

''We would be prepared to assist in reclamation of the Daisong Palace, as long as the magical research of the Sorceress Desoui would be placed in the custody of the Daimot University.''

Blackfist Brotherhood [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Naturally I will assist. I wouldn’t count it as repayment of the favor, as aiding the refugees is my duty as city servant.''

Board of Education [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I propose we organize a Gala, dedicated to the opening of the Daimot University. Let the city see, what our work has accomplished. And that would be a good opportunity to attract sponsors.''

Church of Neposh [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I was wondering, if you would be interested in purchasing Mardillion Steel Swords for your Church. Those weapons easily take to enchantments and would serve you well in defense of your faith.''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Champions of Sovereignty:
    Spoiler
    Show

We just handed to you 2 p.Wel in the form of the Bridge. If you need us to pay this much tax in addition, we will not have enough to pay our men their wages nor purchase ammunition for our guns. It would dismantle the Order.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Artists of the Sav Alutuls

''People, who call themselves artists. I present you a challenge, a trial, that will show whether you are worthy of Immortality in the hearts and minds of people, worthy to ascend to the heavens with Muses and Gods. Or talentless hacks wasting your and our time with works that shall perish, like leaves on the trees each season. If you can convince me that you are capable of writing an Opera for the Ages, then I will spare no resources to see your vision realized. The work of artistic genius, that shall hold your name, for as long as it is remembered. Your destiny is at your hands.''

[Any artists who apply will be presented with notes on Opera's theme, a few notes on what Vasari wants and provided opportunity to present their vision.]

Silversmith Guild & Heladuit Court [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

''You may have heard, that I’m commissioning an Opera. As such I will need the best your craft can supply. I don’t know how much would be required, but I’m prepared to pay generously for the best you can do.''

''And perhaps, should a talented opera singer would appear, Heladuit Court would consider taking one of such talent under your wing. An aspiring artist can reach great heights with a generous patron.''

ESGE [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I’m commissioning an Opera. I hope you will allow for it to be first performance in your Opera. I would also propose, that you can take a contract with Restaurant’s Association in the Little Zanchar for their wines to be served to the most prestigious visitors to the Opera.''

[A few glasses, so as not to make anyone drunk, but deepen the enjoyment of the play.]
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Bugbear in the Playground

Church of Neposh

To Champions of Soverignty
    Spoiler
    Show

As with the road disscussion months ago, your analysis is mistaken. We refuse to accept a 66% tax. Even if it were a 33% (1 WEL), there would have to be some form of guarantee of benifit. Our meager funds don't come from sales of weapons like the merchants, they are donations from the working and the poor that are given to spread the faith. To use those small funds for the benifit of non believing rich would be a travesty.

That is not to say that the Church would never accept taxes, they would just have to benifit the church in some way. Our faithful are not merchants that need the trade routes, they are not insane inventors that need funds for their strange contraptions, and they do not have the money to go to the university after it is rebuilt. They are faithful, and wish to see Neposh's greatness lifted and recognized by the entire city. The small donations we get are for this purpose, and using them for other goals that do not help our people isn't something we will do.

To Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show

While we would love to buy the swords, we unfortunetly do not have the funds currently. If there is something else we can do as payment, we may be able to make a deal.

To Militia of Order and Justice
    Spoiler
    Show

Dear Watchman Kos,

Our groups have been suspicious of eachother for the past few months. We believe we can help eachother with our goals of spreading the faith and your goals of bringing order to the city. We feel a meeting is in order between our leaders, Yourself and Harvey Hashawk. Would you be open to this kind of disscussion?

- Sister Serina

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Technists Guild Next Project

The Technists guild have heard rumors that we have been neglecting our civil duty. Sadly, we realize that there is some truth to that. While we will continue work on the airship projects, which provide jobs for the city, we have something planed that hopefuly will first be impleneted in the poorer regions of the city.

We have had a water treatment project on the shelves for some time, but have lacked some of the infrastructure and abillity to implenent it. So, we will be consulting with the good Doctor, and with the blessings of the Rams and the Church of Neposh, we will develop the process and install the system in the districts that need it most.

We will also turn our attention to seeing if the sewer system was ever built in the first place.

To Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are going to be developing a water treatment project. As the cities most respected Doctor, we'd like you on board for this.

To the Church of Neposh
    Spoiler
    Show
    We realize that we have some relgious diffrences. However, may we instal a water treatment system that will help improve the water quality in the district? We'll cover all the costs.

To the Rams
    Spoiler
    Show
    We're currently working on a water treatment system. As soon as it's developed, would you be intrested in it being installed in your districts?
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Silversmith's Guild

To Dr. Vassari
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm...We may have just the thing. In addition to our regular finery, would you be interested in a ornate necklace that would also magnify the voice of the wearer? Would that do the trick?

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty

At Hopers: (OOC)
    Spoiler
    Show
    James finished off the last of the stale bread and stood up stretching his muscles, still aching after an uncomfortable nights sleep. This was the life he was born into, and despite Brandan's protests, he refused to be isolated from it.

He understood the need for the King to have an air of importance about him, but thinking of himself as more significant than anyone else, was not something he could get comfortable with.

Before an important meeting, he had to sleep, and eat well, but otherwise he would spend as much time as possible among the poorest people of Hopers. When a local merchant had offered one of his homes to the king, he was more insulted than anything else. Even his crown made him uncomfortable when he had to wear it; a simple piece of metal that he knew could have fed a dozen families.

Just as James was getting settled into thinking, the door to the building swung open. Commander Brandan stepped into the doorway, in his usual military attire. Spotting James, he entered and handed him a leaflet.

"Have you seen Blackfists latest work?"

James took the leaflet and had a look. After a couple of moments he burst out laughing.

"Hm. If nothing else, they certainly have a talent for this sort of thing."

"That they do. Maybe we should advertise for an artist of our own."

"No."

"These sort of things can be very useful."

"It's not my way"

"We'll need the approval of the people to take the throne. This mockery is damaging that, but there's no reason you can't do the same to them."

"I won't go down to their level. I won't control the populace like a puppet, shape their opinions with lies and propaganda. They deserve better than that."

"Sacrifices must be made for the greater good."

"You ask too much of me. I will not be that kind of king."

To the Church of Neposh: [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    That is a reasonable viewpoint. I ask what projects you wish to pursue that are also of greater benefit to the city.

To the Wardens: [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Do you have men to spare this month for a city-wide watch? Crime is still worrying high in the city, together we might destroy some of the larger gangs that can not be readily dealt with alone."

To the Gears Chosen: [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do you have men to spare this month for a city-wide watch? Crime is still worrying high in the city, together we might destroy some of the larger gangs that can not be readily dealt with alone."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-10-17 at 10:47 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Ogre in the Playground

To Blackfist
    Spoiler
    Show
    We Have little in the way of magic, but we'd be willing to consider any mutually beneficial proposal.

So we'll take the docks and assorted infrastructure, you'll take the Union Shop and warehouses, and we'll give a pier big enough for your purposes to do any and all shipping however you'd like. Fair

To Champions
    Spoiler
    Show
    What gangs exactly? If you're getting us into a war with the Blackfists or the Wren, we'd like to know.

Otherwise, we could provide 2 Mil in lieu of any sort of financial obligation I suppose.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Troll in the Playground

The Sausage Guild
    Def Esp 7

Tax
    Although we are willing to consider this tax we note that the Sausage Guild does not deal in trade with cities beyond Sav Altulas. So we do not see the benefit of putting our taxes into improving those trade routes. Instead we propose that the tax money be spent internally to restore Sav Altulas's infrastructure, and only once the domestic situation has been restored should efforts be turned outward.

To the Champions of Sovereignty
    Spoiler
    Show
    Strength? You speak of it as if we were some form of military force. No we are the Sausage Guild. The ones who feed this great city, and ensure that it never starves even as its population swells and grows. Our vaults give up all the sausages that the city needs. Our tunnels distribute them to the ever hungry crowds. We have what we need to feed the city, and for now it is enough. No more and no less.

Guild Master Bloodhand

To the Blackfist Brotherhood
    Spoiler
    Show
    And what favors would those be? We do need to extend our workings under Fat Tippest, perhaps you could offer all those refugees that you can't feed a job as well. And just how many sausages do you think that you will need.

To the SGA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    To Medico Guild
    We would like to apologize for not contributing to your collection of texts last month. Our shapers were deeply involved in the creation of a new species of Scalopus Giganteus. We can however provide support this month if your archivists still need assistance.

To Technist Guild
    If you plan to collect the sewage of the city you will need a sewer system. We are without a doubt the best guild for constructing one for you. Perhaps we can work out a deal.

Merdallen
    We wonder if in all the travels of your merchants and representatives in Merdallen they heard anything about the Merdallen Knight who is supposedly living in our very own Embassy Row. We would rather like to meet him, but have no clue as to where to start looking.

To House Laurier
    Spoiler
    Show
    Now that our transportation system is up and running we would like to extend it under the most acclaimed market in the city. Since everyone knows that House Laurier says what does and does not happen in Lomb Circle we first come to you for permission. We plan to run tunnels from Allscross through Swordsware and set up a main station in Royal Court. Then continue through the Pond to set up the possibility of future extensions into Runner's City.

We are willing to offer a share in our profits, but only if you are willing to go beyond simple permission and also invest in the construction itself.

To House Wallen
    Spoiler
    Show
    Are you still interested in beginning construction this month? We have in fact Shaped a new form of digging creation that should negate the need for the steam drills, and which would be perfect to dig through the rocks of Sky. We admit they have not actually been tested yet though.

And we still need to purchase pumps, but our investment in the rest of the system has been most profitable so we think pumps are a small price to pay.

15. - Top - End - #1215

Blackfist to the Sausage Guild [8]

Spoiler
    Show
    We have spies who can get their hands in every pie in the city, if necessary and urban fighting specialists second to none in their area. We are certain that arrangements could be made. Tunnels are another concession, but we would call literally undermining our efforts in Fat Tippest a very great one.

How many sausages? We have more people streaming into Fat Tippest than our scholars can easily count. Hundreds, thousands? We can not say yet, other than that they are all hungry.

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Ogre in the Playground

EBSA

Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    It would be a pleasure to set up Faculties of Law. What would we be required to do to start this division of the college, resource wise?

As to the archives... some of them. We will have to screen those with current military or governmental secrets not ready for the public, but we can open large parts of the archives- under strict regulation and under watch. We have some very rare and valuable documents that we would prefer unharmed.

King James
    Spoiler
    Show
    First may we say that we have held the Courtyard of the Palace, and are ready and able to continue clearing out the palace as soon as we have enough support.

Second, our entire revenue is (4), and your tax would take fully half of our available wealth. We are already using a great deal of our wealth in spreading field offices to maintain the governments laws. Is it possible that due to our service and tax credits (Under the Memo of Araxis, article 43) to pay a slightly lower rate until we can increase revenue?

Board of Education
    Spoiler
    Show
    The EBSA is willing to agree to hand over a majority of the magical texts (on the precedent of Desoui v. Blacksage, using a modified Naval Salvage proposal) on three conditions. One, it is placed in a free library where any with the ability could benifiet. Two, higher level or more dangerous texts require an EBSA or University permit to access. Three, a board of mages and EBSA officials will go over what we find, and remove/destroy/seal away magics that are deemed too dangerous or 'Black Magic'. (The Witchcraft Penta-Act, articles 134-18)

Sausage Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you wish we can continue to send inspectors and cartographers to make sure your tunnels remain efficient and safe.

Also, may we extend our Field Offices into Changer's Row, Dovel, and The Bunkers?

House Laurier
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hello honored house. Would you be opposed to us setting up Field Offices in The Chain Run and Swordsware down the Council Road?

Mercantile Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    May we establish Field Offices in The Turnaround and Caravansarai along the Council Road?

Wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    May we establish Field Offices in Orange Crown, Guilds Hand, and White Market?
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Ogre in the Playground

To Laheim contact (PM?)
    Spoiler
    Show

Greetings! now that you've settled into the Run, we'd like to continue our earlier discussions about retaining the services of some of your men to provide training to our own forces. We realize that you cannot train them to anything near the level of grace and perfection displayed by your own troops, but even the tiniest fraction would be enough.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Champions of Sovereignty:
    Spoiler
    Show

How many men do you need? There's no guarantee the Sausage Guild won't try to murder our men again - we need to keep up a guard. And we still need to place a checkpoint on the Bridge - have you dealt with the political aspects of that situation already?

Wardens to EBSA:
    Spoiler
    Show

What would these offices be used for?
    Last edited by Murska; 2012-10-17 at 12:49 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Ogre in the Playground

EBSA

Wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    The official purpose for the Field Offices are to help establish lines of Bureaucracy throughout the city, to help local law enforcement and citizens on matter of law. We also extend aid to the local factions by offering them legal counsel if necessary, as well as acting as direct lines of communication with the Halls of Final Justice.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

20. - Top - End - #1220

The Heladuit Court

Def. Esp: 4

To Champions of Sovereignty:
    Spoiler
    Show

We've generally put far more than [2 ECON] per [EOT] into SGA projects, you can rest assured that such a trend of investment can be continued.

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Most days, Javier Heladuit showed up at the SGA Guild House to sort out his day-to-day business, dealing with customers and making sure that numbers added up correctly. Today was different. Today, Javier's carriage wasn't a carriage at all. It wasn't even Javier's. Today, the first sign of Markus Heladuit's approach was the reaction of the populace to his chosen mode of transportation. Empress, his giant spider, was the definition of conspicuous. When he had her properly stabled in front of the Guild House, he burst his way in, making as much a show of it as he could. He had enchanted his coat to blow wind back into his face on command, so that as he stood fuming in the doorway, his hair flew back from him, and the tail of his coat was trailing out of the building. A striking figure of red and gold, he reached the meeting room and began his rant.

"Silversmiths! Show yourselves, you insufferable purveyors of kitsch trinkets! You whining sacks of pity and deceit! 'Oh, the Heladuits are making things difficult for us in the Dappled Court, make them stop!' 'We can't produce for the SGA like you want us to if the Heladuits keep interfering in the Dappled Court.'

We let you have it! I finished my vendetta there and backed out! The Heladuits actually cleared the Dappled Court of a culture of unstable rabble and then handed it over to you! You should be thanking us, thanking me! And in a way you did, I guess. You sure did funnel a lot of money into Hobbespot. BUYING OFF THE GOBLINS! We run Hobbespot, not you! Do not buy the Games out from under us.

We kept out of your business, you keep out of ours. I'm giving you an ultimatum, you are to back out of Hobbespot immediately and renege on your deals with my subjects.

To Dr. Vasari [NO LONGER A PM]:
    Spoiler
    Show

Meredia Heladuit arrives to speak with the Dr.

"Of course we can produce goods for your show. We'd be honored to! Costumes, stage curtains, what do you need? I love theater, anything you need, I can assure you it will be taken care of!

On that note... the Heladuit Court would gladly take a talented singer "under our wing" as you put it. I must say, though, that I see... how can I say it... a slim chance of someone with greater theater talent than I shall coming along. You see, I am the appointed defender of the Heladuit Court in all forms of trial, trial by theater included. If you'll notice, our name has not been besmirched, nor our fortunes lost.

I'm quite good.
    Last edited by Copper8642; 2012-10-18 at 05:59 PM.
    My last breath... ...is also my mintiest...

Avatar credit goes to a strictly platonic friend.

Former Avatar credit goes to Howl.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Church of Neposh [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Maybe you could…''

[OOC – What does your Trait: ‘’Honored Dead’’ means?

Technist Guild [5]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Certainly. If the wastes from the Smokeyards could be disposed off it would greatly improve the sanitation, though it won’t do much for air pollution. I’ll present you with a copy of the report on the water contamination in the city.''

Silversmith Guild/Zelmac [5]
    Spoiler
    Show

''That certainly sounds enchanting! How much such necklace would be worth?''

ESGE [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

''How is your reclamation of the University proceeding?''

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Arcanists

''Your assistance in rebuilding the Library would be most appreciated. We also are interested in your findings below present Sav Altulus. Perhaps there is lost knowledge to be salvaged there?''

Merdallan

''We have received no such information, mostly because we haven’t realized you were looking for it.''

ESBA [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''The study of law would require teachers and books. As such a contribution of your civil servants time to serve as professors [MOR] and access to your archives would suffice. Of course if you wish to refurnish rooms, arrange scholarships and purchase additional materials [WEL] it would assist as well.''

Board of Education/ESBA
    Spoiler
    Show

1. We would prefer that the research was available to the students and friends of the University, rather than be open to any street Warlock. Less insane Mages on the streets that way.

2. That is natural arrangement. I’m already implementing a system of access within the White-Strip Mages that I’ll present to the Board of Education to extend to the entire Daimot University. Dangerous Magic will remain secure.

3. If you permit University Mages to be present during the examination and present counter-arguments, should they find rulings of ‘’Black Magic’’ incorrect.

Heladuit Court [PM?]
    Spoiler
    Show

Well then, Lady Meredia. If your skill is truly unmatched and extends to singing, you can be the star of this Opera. Literally. We are in need of Star character.

It’s an epic tragedy, about a Mage from the height of Talidor’s power. A great man who has yearned for the beautiful and all-knowing Star, that was always shining upon him from the sky. And so he built a Tower of great magic, to breach the incomprehensible distance between them and reach her. But as I’ve said, it’s a tragedy. The envious Mages of Zanchar Empire has sought to gain the Star for their greed, besieged the Tower and fought the Mage. In their great and terrible battle, he was slain, but instead of falling, was taken up to her embrace. His Tower and his City now remain broken, but the Star is still shining from the heavens and calling for the great to raise to the heavens once more.

Now, I must confess to an ulterior motive in commissioning this Opera. I wish for our City to be mended. And if your voice can touch the souls of men to inspire them to reach for greatness we once had, to forget how impossible it is to touch a star and do it, then you will have this role.

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to EBSA:
    Spoiler
    Show

Official purpose, huh.

Well, then. We'll allow you to build one in White Market only, for now. We can ask you for counsel there, no need for several such locations within our territory. If it proves useful in the long run, then we'll see.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Ogre in the Playground

EBSA

Wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    To be clear, these Field Offices aren't really for you. They are for the people and local law enforcement to be able to deal with us directly. So you may not see a direct use any time soon unless you expect to get into more legal problems.

We understand the need for a test run and we hope that you quickly deduce that the Field Offices are valuable for legal purposes for the people.

Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    Are we speaking of permanent Morale or Temporary?

Board of Education
    Spoiler
    Show
    I do not have any complaints with your addendums.

- SurlySeraph

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to EBSA
    Spoiler
    Show

We are the local law enforcement.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Blackfists-Zelmac [PM-OOC]
    Spoiler
    Show

Can I get information on the situation in the Far Tippest. Blackfists have invited me to assist with the situation. What are the main issues with the refugees? What sort of work can/willing they do? Food & Housing problems?

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Ogre in the Playground

EBSA

Wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    We understand. What we mean is we will be of more use to the merchant with a complaint or a district patrol with an issue than to your faction as a whole.

- SurlySeraph

27. - Top - End - #1227

Blackfist to Dr. Vasari [8]

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll just post this here from my EoT.

The homeless and destitute, when they come, quickly overwhelm Tippest. Those original families that were left flee, escaping from the neighborhood while the Blackfist soldiers are distracted, not trusting the anarchists to protect them from the mob. To be honest, the Blackfist are not sad to see them go, for it means they have more room to put the people who are arriving, from Dogma and all across Runner’s City, those people who have been promised something that is fast being depleted. There is not enough space in the townhouses of the managers, with all their little luxuries taken and sold. There is not enough food. There are, thankfully, enough patrols to keep things from getting out of hand.

So, what's to be expected. Food, space. I expect hygiene soon. Now, I'm already talking about food with the sausage guild, and I hope that helps. Apart from that, well, we need to organize them. I'll get into starting citizen councils, neighbourhood watches and getting people jobs this turn.

28. - Top - End - #1228

Esoteric Society of Gentleman Explorers [6]

Board of Education
    Spoiler
    Show
    The interior layout and structure of the University have successfully been mapped, and the small-time mechromancer and nest of Birdmen have been cleared out to prepare for reopening. Copies of the corrected maps have been provided.

I like the idea of a Gala, which can double as a student introduction to the university.

Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is excellent! I love the idea of premiering an original opera written in this city.

Champions of Sovereignty
    Spoiler
    Show
    It would be possible to do this, however it would hamper the reconstruction of Dogma and the University- vital public works projects I dare not neglect.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty:

Tax:

In light of suggestions, the tax will be adjusted to improve the economic situation inside the city, rather than the cities trade routes, and a portion will be devoted to the restoration of Daimot University.

75% Restoration of Sav Altulas internal economic infrastructure.
    25% Restoration of Daimot University.

To Bloodhaven [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We are prepared to grant the the magical research of the Sorceress Desoui to the Daimot University, provided the research is used to the benefit of the people"

To Gear's Chosen [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I was merely referring to small criminal groups."

"Thank you. That strength of forces is perfectly acceptable."

To the Sausage Guild [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Right. I understand. The tax has been adjusted to something which should be better for the city, but we understand if you still can not spare any funds."

"The city watch you proposed is going ahead, if you wish to contribute to that instead."

To the EBSA [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I can confirm my forces will be moving to clear out the palace. I will gladly accept your assistance. Since the palace is a matter of city-wide concern, I will consider assistance with that reason to grant you a tax-break. How long do you think it will be until you have high enough revenue?"

To the ESGE [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You make a good point. The university is of vital importance to the city. In light of that, I have adjusted the tax for this month. Are you able to contribute now, in light of increased funds going towards the university?"

To the Church of Neposh [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The tax has been adjusted. I believe it is now more beneficial for your faction, but understand if you still do not have the necessary finances."

"As well as money, there is need of a proper city watch, to reduce crime in the city. Can you contribute [2 mil] to such a purpose this month?"
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-10-17 at 05:24 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 9)

TO: Champions of Sovereignty
    Spoiler
    Show

While we could afford to pay your tax, we see no reason to. You have no right to rule, no right to collect taxes, and no right to tell others what to do. For once in the brief time the Revolution has been in existence, we agree completely with the blackfists on this issue.

We would, however, be willing to offer assistance with your project, provided that you ask nicely.

TO: EBSA
    Spoiler
    Show

When are you considering restarting the attempt to retake the palace? Our military is, for the most part, unoccupied and able to assist at this time, if the rest of the council has the ability.

TO: Gear's Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show

The time it's taking to put up the power is fine. Miracle's take time. Do you need our assistance this month as well?

TO: Technist's Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

We would welcome a new sewer system in Runner's City. If you need any funds or materials for your research into water purification, please inform us and we will see what we can do, as well as providing the manpower for the installation.

Go Tigers!