Results 1,471 to 1,476 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Total War: Broken City

Board of Education/Technists Guild [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

''We’d be more than happy, if you could provide higher education, to those interested in mechanical designs. Can we count on your support to the University?''

Blackfists [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

Can I access Prison’s records? There might have been a prisoner there, who was far more dangerous, then his appearance would imply and he might presents a danger to the city.

Militia of Order and Justice [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Daisong Palace magic is no longer a threat to the city. But there are many others. I was hoping that you will help me protect the city further.''

''I have two requests. First, I might be transporting certain materials through the city. In the right hands they can do much good. In the wrong… I simply wish that they reach their destination without problem.''

''Second, you must know much about various threats to the common folk – be that demons, cults or foul magic. Have you heard of Blood-In-The-Water Cult? Is it dangerous?''

Board of Education [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Sausage Guild appears amiable to establishing archaeological operations with us.

After some consideration, I believe Library Wards should have higher priority. There are a number of books and documents that I simply refuse to be put in an unsecured location. What do you think about the following:

MAG: 7 + 4 (BH) + 2 (Neposh) = 13
    Library Wards: 8 [MAG]
    Education: 5 [MAG]

Once Wards are in place, a number of rare tomes and documents in my possession could be transferred there. I propose we adopt White-Stripe mages system of ranks for access.

Library Access

Non-Students will require permission of the University Board to access the Library.

Students and Professors of Daimot University can access sections of Library, based on their Rank. If a restricted book is required, it can be obtained with a permission of person with necessary rank or by direct appeal to Education Board.

ESGE, Bloodhaven, Sausage Guild and Church of Neposh can access all, but Restricted Section.

Restricted Section can be accessed only by Library Founders, but other Library Founders must be notified of it.

Warden Exarn [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I would like to inquire about a certain prisoner, who was placed in the solitary confinement at the order of Sorceress Desoui. I believe he was an ambassador from the north. I fear, that with Blackfists releasing the prisoners, that man is out on the streets of Sav Altulus and may present danger to the population.''
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-11-04 at 07:18 AM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Colossus in the Playground

Blackfist to Vasari: [7]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Certainly, Doctor. How about we donate the entire records to the library? We'd certainly much rather see them in your hands than the bureaucracy's."
    Resident Vancian Apologist

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Blackfists [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

That would be great. I will arrange for them to be picked up.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Ogre in the Playground

The EBSA

Juries and Judges
    We have been the judges as long as the city had decided that executing the law included the justice system. Our job is already what we do, and people like you are simply getting in the way.

Ram (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Anala sits as her guards wait outside and quietly listens to your piece. When you finish, she sighs deeply and brushes a stray strand of hair from her face "The difference between the Revolution and the EBSA is we have different ideas of what the lesser of two evils are" she leans backwards in her chair "The King may not be the best of leaders, but the compromise that he and Wallen have come forward with is one of the most progressive this city has ever seen. The Blackfist on the other hand violently oppose any sort of order. If we cannot do our duty, fearing murder of our employees and destruction of our property. They are a damnable menace"

Ram
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will set up a Field Office on the grounds that we also supply the judges, and all the jury does is pronounce innocence or guilt, sentencing left to the Judge.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ambassadorial Guard to SGA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

The captain looked nervous. "Ah, that could be...that would be difficult, sir. We, ah, we don't really know where he operates, aside from the embassy of course, and we haven't even been able to get him to reply to deaddropped messages, though I understand that our friends in the Sausage Guild may have had some luck with that."

oblivion6, SGA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

To answer oblivion6's questions:

1) No. The bonus for having all your MIL working together is that you have more MIL than any one of you could field alone. Any training would be more likely to increase your MIL than to give you traits.

2) You could, yes, though I should point out that controlling locations outside of the city can increase your stat cap.

Champions, EBSA, Bloodhaven (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by razovor View Post
    "How much would it cost to build a new prison?"
    That depends on a number of factors--how large you want it to be, how hard to escape from, etc. For a few police boxes to lock criminals in, 2 WEL. For Alcatraz, 20.

UAL to Mercantile's Guild (2)
    Spoiler
    Show

Abso-****in'-lutely. My boys is always looking for more ta do. Keeps 'em out of trouble, see?

Champions of Sovereignty: Gregoria (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

(roll to see which faction in Gregorian civil war intercepts messenger: 1d100=75: General Rhodarmer)

Sir, I am afraid that for your own safety I cannot allow you to proceed further. While I hold nothing but respect for the leaders of the orcish uprising, particularly the former leader of the border guard, their current circumstances have seen them less than willing to treat with any human parties. The fighting has begun to die down, yes, but that is because we have reached a stalemate rather than any true end to the conflict.

However, if you are willing, I would like to use the message to bring to help end this ridiculous. The orcs know now that they cannot win outright--I do not think they realized just how much of a minority they were in this area--but they also know that we cannot simply crush them. A friendly message from outside may help settle matters, give them an outlet, a place to go without fighting us any more. I would rather like to stop trying to kill individuals that I know are reasonable, especially if I have something like this to entice them to the table.

Gear's Chosen (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Industrial printing depends on how much scale you need. 5 WEL should do the trick for this particular issue, I think, 3 or 4 if you cut corners (warning: cutting corners may result in MOR loss as workers get maimed).

Also, be warned that it would be difficult to hide such an operation. Even if it doesn't get posted in the IC thread, at the very least the Bookbinder's Guild would figure out what you're doing and come after you.

SGA/House Wallen (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

With the Guild's assistance, the cost gets knocked down to 7.

Militia of Order and Justice to Doctor Vassari (7)
    Spoiler
    Show

We can certainly provide some assistance protecting your property, as we do anyone else's, but you might be wiser to hire mercenaries or use your own guards for such matters. The Empty Blood Gang, while crushed in the streets, still lurks in the shadows, and we hope to drive them out from there to perish in the light, once and for all.

I do not believe I have heard of a cult called "Blood-in-the-Water," I am afraid. I think the ice elves have a god called Blood-in-Black-Water, but that's the closest I can remember off the top of my head. I dearly hope you are not dealing with that one--it is a being more demon than deity, in my opinion.

Malcolm Exarn to Doctor Vassari (6, Wardens can also read)
    Spoiler
    Show

That very well may be. I am, unfortunately, unaware of the present locations of many of the prisoners who were formerly under my care, though I have been trying to recover as many as possible during my duties with the Wardens. As I no longer have my prison records, I do not think I will be able to assist you further.

EDIT:

New Thread

New IC thread may be found here.
    Last edited by Zemalac; 2012-11-04 at 03:55 PM.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Barbarian in the Playground

Heladuit Court

D.Esp: 4

SGA [PM]:
    Spoiler
    Show

To Silversmiths:
    Spoiler
    Show

Apologies, but understand that after your foray into Hobbespot, it was difficult to 100% trust you would follow through on your retreat from our land. It appears you took a number of our goblins with you, but we'll let that be. We are at peace, now.

OOC: So I had a paper due on Wednesday, finals week coming up, etc. I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to this game. So.... in my EOT, I mostly just looked at the SGA projects and threw my resources at them. You're welcome.
    My last breath... ...is also my mintiest...

Avatar credit goes to a strictly platonic friend.

Former Avatar credit goes to Howl.
    Spoiler
    Show