New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: RaynnVerse: The Reign IC

Vagrant

As she speaks Sam crouches and looks out over the park as if resting for a moment

"There was . . . a satellite . . . a secret one that they used as their base rather than Freedom Hall like most people thought.

A few days ago a man, the Understudy appeared. He was . . . a force of nature. He was a wave of chaos. The F.L.I. were scattered. The Harlequin was long gone. The legion of the Freedom League were cut off from each other as the Satellite was disabled by the Understudy somehow. Isiah Washington was left alone as the Lighthouse satellite descended as a comet of fire and steel.

It streaked across the Freedom City sky as he did everything he could to slow it . . . but in the end the only one he couldn't save from the crash was himself. They'll probably put up a statue of him on that knoll over there soon. Once the pain has ebbed a little and people need something to honor in memory . . . again. The Green Lantern died too, or so I heard, I saw another one on TV earlier. It might be like Daedalus or the Bowman in his case. Another popping up as the last one passes."

Sam gets up, brushes herself off and waves in the direction of a street still cluttered with rubble

"Anyway John, I, Sam Alie, have promised to get you to the hospital and that is what I intend to do. I'd be pretty suck-ey if my would be rescue-ee died on his feet walking to the hospital. Let's go."
    Loki Avatar by Me

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ettin in the Playground

"Vin? Yeah, I remember." It took her a moment to place him in her mind, and not much longer to confirm it in her patrol notes. Supreme was a big lead, and one that bore following up on. That said, she certainly wasn't going to meet a known turncoat on the ground of his choosing on a promise alone. "I can probably get you out of the country, but I'm gonna need something better than your word here. Give me something I can verify on the quiet so I know you're serious."

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

Remembrance

Vin seems to find the request reasonable

"Well you know how Claremont is being winded down after that Athena chick's disappearance and the Freedom City Catastrophe? Well go check out the records, somebody big accessed their old BRAINIAC mainframe two years ago. They accessed the files on some of the old alumni but the only big file that matters is the sciences essays they downloaded . . . You know in your average high school it would be about mitosis or some such but they wanted everything written . . . by a kid called Robert Asterion. From what I hear whoever hacked the mainframe was working for the Supreme, before everyone knew his name. If Supreme wanted it my guess is Asterion must have made some sort of weapon. You can check out Claremont's records to prove I'm right."
    Loki Avatar by Me

4. - Top - End - #454
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Well I'm not going to dwell too much on my character feelings right now because with all that happened here that'd be a huge wall of text and rather let it out in small dose later.

Right now I'll just have the character find her bearings for a little while and then I'll get right to the find 'Decibelle' part in a couple of posts

Sylvia stay a long time on the hill, trying to deal with the emotional roller coaster. It has been a lot to go through,

A hero in life and death ? So much good it did her so far.
    Twelves years of torture, then a chance to a life that couldn't be, to return to see everything destroyed again. It felt like being punching line of a great cosmic joke. For a while Shade can't help but feel that maybe the universe should break for all she cares. At worst, Oblivion is starting to sound tempting.

And then a miracle happened and the ghost of superheroism past came to her. And she'd be lying if she said it hadn't been a great confort. And yet something about it felt conflicting,as if part of her wanted her to turn that page while another still wanted, or rather still couldn't no matter what, pass over.
    Been one hell of a farewell though

And then a revelation. Skimming though the possibles, the will be and might be and could have been, It's not entirely unknown feeling but it's the first time she got to see so much of it even if just for an overwhelming split second.

She hasn't found peace but maybe enough balance to make a clear decision.

"Fine" Silvia looks up. At the looming figure of the centurion statue and all the ghosts it carries with it. And the sky behind. And the always unseen but omnipresent the immensity of the universe and the infinite mess of timelines she got a short view of.
    "And even if it wasn't for you, at least for me."

She's still angry and frustrated but that's good, it'll help fuel her determination. Question will be answered.
    Her stare moves from statues to the panorama of the half destroyed freedom city and the large column o of smoke that rise from where the lighthouse's crash site far away... and a non negligible amount of reckoning will be delivered.

So now what ?
    Do the job in front of you.

.. Find Decibelle.
    Oh yeah she'll get right to that. She's got lots of things to do too.

But first thing first, she'll move away for this place for now, it still hurts too much to let her think clearly, and get back to speed. With the merging of two timelines in her head, the events of the last few hours that happened in the 'real' timeline are somewhat foggy.
    Shade quietly floats in direction of the tents, assessing the situation as she go.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2012-12-27 at 03:19 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

Shade & Vagrant

As Shade drifts down the knoll she sees at a distance Roland Stone being led along out of the tents towards the city by a girl who flares like a star on Shade's supernatural senses.
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-12-27 at 03:22 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

6. - Top - End - #456
    Barbarian in the Playground

Doctor Dare

Apollo woke up with a pounding headache and an empty feeling in the pit of his stomach. His body was sore from working in hospitals and on the streets all day. Doctor and Hero both. And yet the last thing he remembered was allowing Event 84 to happen. Two lives worth of memories. He'd defended the course of history but at what cost? A world of heroes was washed away, and world of shadows took its place. Lea might never forgive him, and Shade likely never would, if she remembered. With my luck she will, but that's the cost. At least no one's trying to deport me. Isiah... They may not have agreed on things, but they were fellow travelers and geniuses. And now me and my family are likely the most intelligent people left in this universe. He should probably call a meeting of the minds and get some answers from them. And something Ava had said still bothered him. A girl calling herself The Sword...

And then Emily started shouting about temporal drift and he came fully awake. Grabbing the Staff from his bedside, he summoned his coat and mask from their pocket dimension. "On my way, Air Ace" he signals as he runs to the hanger. Once more duty called. What was it about this timeline and divergence?.

Dare slid to a stop behind Air Ace and scanned the screen quickly before reaching over her shoulder to tap a few keys. He gives a grim smile. "The fun never ends. You ready to go, Air Ace? I'll have us there in a jiffy." He primes his staff and suddenly stops, sorting through his conflicting memories. "Have you seen Vagrant at all? I thought I offered him a place to crash here?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Do we know what happened to Vagrant, or did he just get separated somewhere along the line?

Easy enough to see what Emily saw on the screen. Making a recheck just to see if anything new or specific is in the offering.
    Computers - (1d20+30)[40]

Spoiler
    Show

Old avatar by KP (I think)
    Green Lantern of the Rayneverse

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

Doctor Dare & Air Ace

Spoiler
    Show
    • Vagrant has been missing for about a day. You do not know what happened to him.
    • Doctor Dare is able to discern that the ship detected a faded genetic signature that is logged in its databanks. Air Ace's genetic signature.
    • Doctor Dare is able to discern that the energy used to create the portal was the Power Negative, the energy of Omega & the Terminus.
    • Doctor Dare is able to discern that the aperture was created by magical means.
    Loki Avatar by Me

8. - Top - End - #458
    Bugbear in the Playground

Emily returns Apollo's strained grin as he appears behind her. "Mornin'. Have a look. Ship's never done this before, but looks like a very small rift, thank the maker for silver linings. Maybe half a dozen people could get through at most. Came from not too far off in space-time, maybe 50 years either direction at the outside, probably less. Out... above the bay, doesn't make sense, I dunno, maybe they're flying. Aw, hell, why am I telling you this, you can probably make better sense of this data than I can."

Emily frowned at the question about their resident master of the arcane. "Vagrant? No idea. If he's around, he hasn't come down here, and I haven't gotten any messages from him."

Air Ace retrieves her gear from the backseat, and quickly suits up, rubbing her eyes. "There should be a rule against superheroing before you've had coffee. OK, all set, doc. Let's go see what this is about."
    Lovely Gorgon avatar by smuchmuch!

Excellent Ex-avatar Collection
    Spoiler
    Show

Air Ace and Gremlin by the superb kpenguin.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ettin in the Playground

"All right, I'll give it a look, and if it all checks out I'll pull some strings. Keep this line open, okay?" Should Vin have nothing else to say, she disconnected and reached for her other cellphone, the one she used for people who knew her real name.

She dialled Apollo, and assuming he answered, she said, "Dare? This is Remembrance. Are you still in the loop at Claremont? I need a favour." Her tone was professional. Whatever baggage they'd picked up in the other timeline, she didn't want to deal with it right now and hoped he felt the same.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Troll in the Playground

Find Decibelle
    The name does ring a few faint bells. Wasn't there some kind of new herowho had taken that pseudo, some female wrestler too
    It'd be easier if she could check in ehr files but sadly along with most of her remaining possessions they were in the lighthouse, now reduced to a crater along with almost everyone she knewand she ahd leanredto, if not maybe like at least respect, all gone agsin in an instant. Oh, Heads will roll for that.

And that bring her to point two, whenever she's done finding this Decibelle, she's going to go after those who did this. she doesn't know how yet but there'll be time formore of this whens he learns more about the situation.

And three... well it'll probaly a meeting with Promoteus. Then a trip to Washington. Very likel. after all allt his trouble with The Humanity first movement, the Cullie laws, and they certainly. Yep it's about time she had a little more interest in senator Cullie alright.

And at some point she'll have to have a discution with Sorrow. Not a meeting she's particulary looking forward too, for obvious reasons, but then again it probaly won't be anytime soon anyway. Hell, it's not like she knows how to meet him in the first place... Hell what wills he doMaybe if she find his closest lackey ToyBoy...

Shade is roganising her thoughs when she is distracted by a large supernatural aura in the environ. And nearthe girsthat emits it... He's hard to recognize without his usual dressand his staff. But it's Vagrant, alright.

Honnestly, with what happened and the feeling of betrayal lef tover from the other silvyah, she's not particulary in the mood to even talk to him. On the other hand, given the circumstances, the remaining heroes must stand united and reorganise in the aftermath of the shock, this is no time for grudges.

A small park trash can suddenly unearth itself and throw itself in Vagrant stomach in what would be likely a very painfull blow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Light telekinetic attack (let say about rank 4; she's not trying to harm him, much) (1d20+8)[16]

Okay almost no time for grudges. But she's done now, she's keeping the rest of her energy for Dare.

Shade is standing near the mage, not even bothering to conciouslymake herself visible and hearable as she know he can perfectly see her anyway and likely so can the girl acompagning him if her aura is any indication. "Sorry if I'm interupting something. Be assuresd, he deserves it" she of sfor all explenation. "Vagrant, so glad to see you still in one piece" Her voice is cold "Where is Dare and his team ?"
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2012-12-27 at 07:50 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

Vagrant & Shade

Spoiler
    Show
    Lacking supernatural awareness or similar and not having The White Gem of Atlantis on you means you can't see Shade and also you have no Forcefield.

That means a trashcan flies towards the flat-footed Vagrant inexplicably and you need to make a DC 19 Toughness save with a +2 Toughness rather than your usual +10.

Amnesia, it's a b****.
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-12-27 at 08:16 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[11]

Were Roland possessed of his memories he might have found it vaguely amusing. He, who had saved worlds and defeated tyrants, he whom even the lesser gods walked around with some caution, felled by a trash can what wasn't even intended to hurt him.

He does not possess his memories however, and he sees nothing amusing in the metal projectile that hurtles toward him. He almost does not see it at all, and by the time he saw it it was all too late. It cracked painfully into his ribs and, even as he began to double over with the pain, it flew up to smash into his forehead.

He blacked out then, only for a few seconds, and when he awoke found himself on the ground, with blood dripping from his brow. He tried to get up, but the world spun so sickeningly he gave up and slumped down.

After some seconds he had ordered his thoughts enough to articulate them 'Ow.' brevity is often the soul of wit, it was not on this occasion.
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2012-12-28 at 08:03 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit by kpenguin. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

Vagrant & Shade

As 'John' is knocked to the ground by a flying trashcan and left grasping for breath Sam instantly moves to his side and helps him up

"Oh my . . . are you okay? That thing came out of nowhere! Let's hope that thing didn't hit your head too."

Sam looks out across the area and for a moment her eyes waver over where Shade is before continuing on searching in fear

"Whoever did that, show yourself! You coward!"
    Loki Avatar by Me

14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground

"Ow ?! Ow ?! that's all you have to say ?/ You d...." Shade start ranting angrily before relaising she's not having the answer she was expecting.

"Are you ***** ignoring me ?!" Admiteldy at the moment he's a bit busy kneeling in pain. (She can't say it wasn't not a bit satisfying to see him on the floor but she kind of expected Vagrant to at least try to dodge. Or reacting in some way now "Hey... Can you actualy hear me ?" Come to think of it, when did she even saw him without his staff before or that weird gem he was alway wearing. She floats around him and passes an intangible arm right though his head. She's been told that her contact while generaly unoticed couldleave aslightly cold sensation, that should get his interest. "I though you where one of those could hear me all the time ?"

And the girl with him ? Her eyes did seem to stop in her position for a moment , was it jsut some kind of vague six sense or is she among those who could clearly see her too? Shade had assumed the former because ofher strong supernatural aura but then again it didn't mean that much, as she noticed with diverse msytics and supernatural creatue, some were totaly oblivious to her presence unles she showed herself to them, other could see her just fine, there didn't seem to be a hard rule.

Just to be sure she concentrate, trying to make her image appears in his mind, appearing to him right near his kneeling body "Vagrant." The woman suddenly overshadowing him and jsut spitted the name doesn't seems to see him and yet oddly a touch woried at the same time "Just be happy I'll settle for this .Now can you tell what you are playing at ?"

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+12)[18]
    Shade is looking at their reactions, especialy the girl to see if she can actualy see her and is faking or she genuinly can't pinpoint her

Then selective illusion on Roland to appear to him
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2012-12-28 at 09:03 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

Shade

Spoiler
    Show
    Shade gets the impression, but isn't a hundred percent sure, that the girl can see and hear her.
    Loki Avatar by Me

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

'Vagrant?' He looked up at the new woman, frowning in consternation, pain and confusion. 'I'm... No, that isn't right. I had a home, I remember, a place all to myself, a place that was as much of myself as I could make it. It was quiet there, I remember... colourful and beautiful things, things that served no purpose other than to please the eye... And yet...' And yet.

And yet the word sunk into him with all the chill and suddenness of ice dropped from a great height, and it's resonance was a shattering of that ice that did not cease, but repeated, and repeated, and repeated as the beating of a heart. Vagrant. The word had some other meaning he might once have known, it had a power that frightened him. He felt a pressure building in his chest and a panic fringing the corners of his thoughts.

He eased back from the woman, wondering if his head would soon stop spinning enough to allow him to flee. For now though he was helpless. He stared up at her, his eyes layered with defiance and fear 'Who are you?'
    Spoiler
    Show

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

17. - Top - End - #467

Just as he's about to teleport to the bay, Dare's phone begins to ring. He finishes his preparations as he takes the call through his mask, not letting any emotion bleed through.

"Hello Remembrance. Wasn't expecting to hear from you this soon. I think I've still got an in with Claremont. Even if I don't, with FLI gone, I was thinking of trying to take up some of the slack. Claremont's the best place to start. However, I'm heading to the bay at the moment. We've got time-travelers packing Power Negative, magic, and possibly a future Air Ace. You're welcome to meet us there if you like. Otherwise, I'll contact you afterwards. Talk to ya in a bit!"

And with that, Dare teleports himself and Air Ace to the edge of the bay.
    Last edited by KaganMonk; 2012-12-28 at 10:25 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #468
    Troll in the Playground

"...What ?" Shade is taken a back for a moment even in,her righteous ire. It occured to her (after she's thrown the can, though) that he may no remember what happened in the alternate tiemilene, she ujst kind of assumed that if she did, everyone involved in this accident would. But he should recognize her.

Is she comming distorted in his mind ? She does try to 'ajust' the mental image a bit Or is he faking it for some reasons ? ...No. We're talking about the guy who though spontaneously declaring "Oh by the way, Im the guy you hate and I really used to mass murderer you though me to be. I'm very sorry about that" in front of an open crowd was a good idea. The man suffers from near teminal honesty, as far as she can tell. So probably not "It's me ? Shade ?"

... Unless. Shade consider the injuries, the confusion, the lack of the usual gear, the very weird babling... Mind control, possession ? No no other supernaturalaurain him. Confusion ? concusion, or worst Oh christ, don't tell me...
    It suddenly occurs to her that if vagrant isn't being iswon self and on official mage buisness then the presence of a powerfull supernatural being looking like an ordinary girl at his side is pretty suspicious. At best
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2012-12-28 at 10:55 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ettin in the Playground

"..." Same old Dare, not one to let you get a word in edgewise. But the mention of time travellers gets Remembrance's pulse racing, and she gets changed into her hero uniform in record speed. Soon she was headed for the bay, loaded for bear.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

The Doctor, The Rememberer & The Aviator

As the sun rises Doctor Dare and Air Ace arrives at the docks over looking the bay. They wait a few minutes for Remembrance to arrive but keep an eye on the bay over the entire period.

If the new arrival, or arrivals, was flying than he or she isn't now.

Dare is almost considering searching elsewhere when a pair of individuals pull themselves out of the bay. One is a teenage feminine form in a skin tight obviously technically advanced suit, Tron Legacy like, with a rocket shaped plain black device on her back. Her helmet is featureless, black and conceals her whole head.

The second is a teenage boy in plain clothes, soaked to the skin and coughing. On his back is a sword in a scabbard. One that Air Ace recognises . . .

That boy has a battle worn Excalibur on his back. The Excalibur.

The two teens don't notice the trio right away and as the boy coughs through his first breaths in what seems like a little while he speaks to the girl

"Air Ace, we need to figure out where Camelot went or we're . . ."

He slowly looks up and sees the trio

"Screwed . . ."

Vagrant & Shade

Sam looks worried

"John, who . . . are you talking too? There's no one there? I think we need to keep heading for the hospital . . ."
    Loki Avatar by Me

21. - Top - End - #471

"Hi there!"

Emily waves at the pair, a cheeky grin on her face. Looks like the 'future or past?' question has been answered, if the girl's equipment is anything to go on. The grin becomes outright laughter tinged with relief as she sees the sword on the boy's back. THE sword. Doesn't seem like this "incursion" is the sort to immediately rip the timeline asunder, Power Negative involvement or not.

"Camelot's not here right now, but I guess you figured that on your own. The King took it out over the Atlantic. Probably figures it's safer after... well, it'd take way too long to explain and all I know's what's been in the news, but we've had an eventful couple of weeks. Freedom City's in bad shape."

She nods at the girl who looks like a digitized version of herself. "Nice outfit." No it isn't. It's too busy and the aesthetic is far too modern for my tastes. Makes her look like a motherboard. And the all-black helmet. Who the hell thinks that's a good look? "Air Ace, eh? Well, from one to another, nice to meet you." She glances at the boy. "What do we call you? That sword gives me a few ideas, but I don't want to presume."

Emily introduces her teammates with a grand flourish. "My illustrious companions are Remembrance and Dr. Dare. Welcome to Earth-8. What brings you to our neck of the woods?"
    Last edited by ripleycat; 2012-12-29 at 04:57 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

The girl Future-Air-Ace cuts in before the boy can reply

"Doctor Dare, super genius augmented by level 9 technology. You possess long-distance teleportation. We need your help. . . ."

The boy cuts her off

"Breath for a second Ace. We need your help Doctor, and your companions would clearly be of much help as well for what we plan to do . . ."

She buts in

"Your grace, we shouldn't explain our purpose on this parallel to the natives, you know that . . ."

"What I know, Ace, is that you told me this world is nearly identical to the past of our world, meaning these guys are as good as family. Let's not do the cliche of not explaining ourselves, assuming they won't understand and coming to blows. My Dad would roll in his grave if he thought his son was letting such tired tropes occur on his watch."

She grumbles beneath her helmet

"Fine, but if this goes pear shaped I reserve the right to say I told you so . . . your grace."

The boy laughs

"I'd expect no less Ace."

The boy turns back to the assembled heroes

"My name is Thomas Leonard Wallace, the King of Earth, and I need you to help me steal Excalibur."

He smiles warmly and outstretches his hand to the heroes to shake

"You can call me Tom by the way, my friends always do."
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-12-29 at 06:03 AM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ettin in the Playground

Remembrance sighed and muttered under her breath. "Oh fantastic, one of them took over their planet."

She stepped forward and spoke up a bit. "I appreciate you being forthcoming, but you seem to have left the 'why' out of your explanation." Her body language is non-threatening, but her team-mates would probably recognize it as deliberate 'don't spook the crazy' rather than friendliness.

24. - Top - End - #474

Dare doesn't relax an inch, though he doesn't visibly prepare for battle.

"Well put Remembrance. It's going to take some convincing to get us to smuggle a magical artifact across dimensional borders, especially when you have one strapped to your back, I presume?. I would also like to know what your relationship is to Omega. I've heard that he's dead, and yet you have access to the Power Negative. And keep in mind that as a super-genius, I have a very large capacity to understand. You won't get a ride anywhere by treating me like an idiot."

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy - (1d20+21)[36] just in case it's needed.

Mask in vision/dazzle immunity mode. Ready action to switch to mind-shield mode if Tom draws the sword and speaks.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground

Roland looked from Sam to Shade and back again, his head starting to ache in a way that had nothing to do with the gash across his brow. 'What are you talking about? She's right there.' He waved a hand vacantly at the illusion.

'I'm sorry, I think I hit my head during the crisis. I don't remember much... Barely anything really. Do I know you?'
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #476
    Troll in the Playground

"... ah. Amnesia it is." she sounds slightly concerned but moslty annoyed.
    It's not the first time Shade see amnesia spells like that. She's no neurological expert but isn't it along with schyzophrenia or multiple personlity disorder, something that should be somewhat very uncommon and tragicand almsot incurable mental disorder ? Because it seems to happen with alarming frequency to your average metahumans. Then again all the brainwashing mad sientists, demons, psychics and uh.. ghost like herself now that she thinks about it screwing with people head probaly doesn't help. "Oh and don't bother pointing ans answering out loud. Most people can't see me. And no, I'll shoot that in advance, you aren't going mad. I'm a ghost." Oh so no hallucinations, just a perfectly ordinary ghost, sounds totaly sane to me !

"Uh yes, ou know me. We're not close or anything but we used to work together in the FLI for the last ten years or so ?" Shade drops a few name, lookin for signs of recognition "Dr Dire ? Tyranus ? Those weird vampires ? Earth 65 hundred sixty someting ? Malador ? Dr Dare ? Nothing rings a bell ?"
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2012-12-29 at 06:18 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

27. - Top - End - #477

"My name is Thomas Leonard Wallace
    Heh, chip off the old block. Doesn't seem so-

the King of Earth
    ...God damn it.

and I need you to help me steal Excalibur."
    God DAMN it.

For a moment Emily wonders if Tom is genuinely aware of the blade slung over his shoulder. Maybe this is the world's most elaborate case of not being able to find your glasses because you're already wearing them?

"Yeah, I'm afraid you're gonna have to unpack that one for me. Reasons for and logistics of stealing Excalibur aside for the moment, you seem to already... have one."

She glances at Dare and responds. "Hey, come on, doc. Don't jump to conclusions. Remember how all this got started. My ribs seem to recall a battle with a Power Negative wielder who turned out to be a member of the FLI." Looks like I'm playing the good cop. Keep it cool.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

At the mention of the F.L.I. member Tom speaks up

"The Blackest Night right? We used his ring as the power source for this jump, hence the Power Negative readings you must have picked up. It was the only power source strong enough that was left to us.

The Excalibur on my back is inert. I keep it because of what it represents. Magic . . . is gone where we come from.

Magic is dead.

We need magic to return, to even the odds in a war for the remnants of the human race in our world's present, well future to you guys, well future of a parallel reality to you guys.

If we poured enough power into Excalibur it is durable and powerful enough that it could become a seed of magic for our world. A new source that could flood our world with magic once again. We need this world's still active Excalibur to bring magic back to our world."

Vagrant & Shade

Sam doesn't seem any less worried

"I don't see anyone there John . . . I think that bump to your head did more damage than we thought . . ."
    Loki Avatar by Me

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

A ghost Vagrant took the time to mull that one over, and chose his words carefully. 'You are right Sam. I thought I saw another, the cruel one that threw that bin, but I was mistaken. It was the doubling of my vision. I am sorry if I scared you. The blow may have helped though, somewhat. Suddenly some names have come back to me, but I recall only fragments. A doctor with a brilliant mind and a strange face, or maybe two of them. A cruel old man called Mal. I also remember a woman, I can see her face so clearly even now. I do not recall her, save to say that I worked with her and think that, were she here right now, she could arrange for those who knew me to come to me.'
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #480
    Troll in the Playground

Shade facepalms for herself. Well at least she knows it's Vagrant alright. Or if it's some kind of doppleganger pretending memory loss then they are very good at imitating his natural grip on subtlety and rambling and tendencies.
    "I'll see what I can do. I don't know where your team is right now, though but I know where their headquarters are."

"Speaking of your new friend, you know how I said only a few peoples could see me ? well I'm pretty sure she can, she's just acting otherwise. And her aura reeks of magic I'm just saying, you should be very warry." Shade, you certainly aren't sounding like some kind of parnoia driven delusion of an brain injured mind right now. "Our conversation still private though and you could do with some medical attention. Up to you weither you trust 'Sam' and the 'hospital' or ditch her."Shade seems to move away and vanish into thin air as she does "I'll be watching for a little while."

Spoiler
    Show

Taking 10 on stealth
    Sense motive (1d20+12)[24]

Shade is going to follow these two for a little while. Mostly waiting to see if she can get an impression of 'Sam''s motivation (genuine concern for his health or luring him somewhere) and if the hospital she's bringing Vagrant to is legit

Will resume the hunt for the Decibelle after that
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2012-12-30 at 09:19 AM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-