Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: RaynnVerse: The Reign IC

"Remembrance ?" Now that's a name that pike curiosity a bit. Evoke something to do with either memory or nostalgia, maybe grieving, there's a storry behind that name. Kind of a moutfull though. silviah shake her head. "Never heard of her, I'm afraid. About you ?" She turns to bowman and Jhonny.

If they do not, she tries to jog her memory a bit but nothing comes out. "Sounds like a new comer. Not a league member." She'd would likely have heard. Same if she was a big shot solo or even established for a while. Shade sounds more serious, more focussed as she speaks, detective work is serious buisness. "She's either a solo or with one of the small peripherical team like the , the Frontliners or the Pariahs. I can make a research for you. A description might help if you have one. When can we meet again for the results ?" In a city with a population of superheroes that easily nears the hundreds and new ones tend to pop up on a trimestrial basis. "No garantees though, sorry doctor." Shade gives a little apolgetic smile before asking in a more worried tone "What did she do ?"
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2012-09-02 at 08:18 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Remembrance looks over the now slightly hindered robot squad, memorizing lines of fire and the speed of the approaching Dire army. Then she ducks to the side, into a side alley out of the line of fire so smoothly and quickly that it almost looks she's disappeared into thin air. She counts to three under her breath and throws a boomerang. Launched straight along the alley, perpendicular to the robots, it quickly curves out and around the corner, arcing towards the lead Dire.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hiding and then Power Attacking for +3/-3 with a boomerang. If Stealth check is successful, then it inflicts a DC 26 Toughness save, otherwise it's DC 24.

Stealth Check: (1d20+23)[25]
    Attack Roll: (1d20+9)[25]

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Vagrant's Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex Save 1: (1d20+2)[5] vs. DC 18 Fail
    Reflex Save 2: (1d20+2)[18] vs. DC 18 Success
    Reflex Save 3: (1d20+2)[7]vs. DC 18 Fail
    Reflex Save 4: (1d20+2)[11] vs. DC 18 Fail
    Reflex Save 5: (1d20+2)[13] vs. DC 18 Fail
    Reflex Save 6: (1d20+2)[7] vs. DC 18 Fail

Toughness Saves 1: (1d20+11)[13] Unconscious + Disabled + Stunned
    Toughness Saves 2: (1d20+10)[21] Bruised 2 + Injured 2
    Toughness Saves 3: (1d20+10)[16] Bruised 2 + Injured 2 + Stunned
    Toughness Saves 4: (1d20+11)[25] Bruised + Injured + Stunned (Damage Done Later By Remembrance)
    Toughness Saves 5: (1d20+10)[11] Staggered + Disabled + Stunned + Bruised + Injured
    Toughness Saves 6: (1d20+11)[13] Staggered + Disabled + Stunned

Remembrance's rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Toughness Save: (1d20+11)[20] vs. DC 26

~THE FRONTLINERS~

Vagrant's magical barrage and Remembrance's boomerang to the head leave all but one of the group of Dire-bots to stunned to act and leave one unit inactive and two too damaged to fight on. Half the unit has been left unable to fight on as a serious threat.

~The Freedom League~

Johnny Rocket speaks up

"I think she's one of the Frontliners actually."

At that Doctor Tomorrow nods and seems about to leave

"I believe she may intend to alter the timeline with terrible results.

Actually Shade, if you wish you may join me, been some time since we were involved in a team up, never just the two of us, am I right? It's important and it could be fun?"
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-09-02 at 09:17 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Former GM of
    The Rise, The Fall, The Lost, the Found, The Departed, The Origin, The End, The Return & The Truth

Now GMing
    The Revolution & The Reign

The Raynn-Verse:
    'Some Dreams Never Die'

Banner made using Avatars created by Kpenguin & Myself

4. - Top - End - #244
    Barbarian in the Playground

Doctor Dare
    Fatigued, 2HP

Dare goes for cover, but tries to stay within tech-range of the Dires. He starts trying to hack into the nearest Direbot's remote system, control or deactivate at least one of them as quick as he can. "Ms, Ava was it? Could you confirm the presence or absence of Dire? Stay safe, everybody. And Daedalus, do you really have to boost her ego with the music?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Search - (1d20+15)[33] to find the bot through the datalink.
    Computers - (1d20+30)[43] to try to hack. Though I don't know how long that would take, or if it is possible. 10ft on the Datalink. If nothing else, try to find the origin of the signal and communicate with her.
    Currently Playing Doctor Dare in The Reign

Spoiler
    Show

Old avatar by KP (I think)
    Green Lantern of the Rayneverse

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Doctor Dare:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dare is unable to take control of any of the bots, he lacks the time, but he is able to track the signal back to its source. Dire is on the move to what appears to be one of her bases within the city limits. Any efforts to open a comm-link with her are met with silence.

Hero Point to Remembrance & Vagrant to buy off Stun from 2 of the Dire Bots.

Dire Bot Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    All three functioning Dire Bots Charge.

Attack on Rycon: (1d20+11)[31] DC 26 DC 31 Toughness Save on a hit.
    Attack on Vagrant: (1d20+11)[16] DC 26 Toughness Save on a hit.
    Attack on Remembrance: (1d20+11)[30] DC 26 Toughness Save on a hit.

Daedalus Roll:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack on Least harmed Dire Bot: (1d20+12)[28] DC 25 Toughness Save on a hit.

{table]Dire Bot 1: |Unconscious + Disabled
    Dire Bot 2: |Bruised 2 + Injured 2
    Dire Bot 3: |Bruised 2 + Injured 2
    Dire Bot 4: |Bruised 2 + Injured 2 + Stunned
    Dire Bot 5: |Staggered + Disabled + Bruised + Injured
    Dire Bot 6: |Staggered + Disabled [/table]

~THE FRONTLINERS~

The three Dire Bots that are still functioning fly into the air before swooping down and spreading out to attack Vagrant, Rycon and Remembrance separately.

After they collide with the trio Daedalus blasts one with his palm blasters, shattering parts of its casing and incinerating its robe and cape.
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-09-03 at 05:35 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Former GM of
    The Rise, The Fall, The Lost, the Found, The Departed, The Origin, The End, The Return & The Truth

Now GMing

The Raynn-Verse:
    'Some Dreams Never Die'

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Blargh, dodn't want to go with tomrow but I can't think of areason Ic not to.

"Me ?" Did he, just like that, suggest a 'team up' ?. sure it make sense to want some back up, jsut odd he's call it like that. In her experience heroes pairing for a while is just something that happens like that, because two people have the same objective. Ah well, you meet all kind of indiosynchratic characters in this occupation. Guess it's somewhat reassuring to know the keeper of the timeline is entusiastic about his job. Old school superheroes, right ?"Saving the timeline is a bit above my paygrade but it's everyone buisness, right ?" Shade is not really an expert on the most outlandish things you can meet in this occupation, magic, aliens, time and dimension travel (that one tend to get complicated real fast), dealt with it a few time of course but not exactly that familair either. But hell if she isn't curious.

"I'd be honnored. Just two seconds to take my ride" she points to the direction where she parked her motocycle. Passing near Jhonny and bowman handling Otaku, they seems to have him well in hand " you handle the perp ? You worked with Tomorow before, right ? Anything i should know ?" That smile of his did seem a tad weird.

"Alright, we're good." Shade poses a hand on her comlink and listens to the FLI frenquencies, to ask soemone about the currents whereabout of the Frontliners, that the simpler way to locte their target, she figures, else she'd have a couples of other tricks but as it conveniently turns out, they won't be needed.*
    "So if it's not trade secret, I alway wondered, how do you know a timeline is THE right one ?"

*OOC: At least I assume, since they happen to be with Daedalus. Or should I roll something ?
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2012-09-04 at 06:40 AM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ettin in the Playground

The Dire Bot closes the distance too quickly to dodge. Remembrance tries to move with the blow, and turns a potentially fatal strike into a glancing hit to her shoulder. She channels the jarring force of the attack into a superb back handspring that leaves her on her feet and unharmed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Toughness Save: (1d20+8)[27]
    Last edited by Green Bean; 2012-09-03 at 11:34 PM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

"The real Dire is escaping!" Ava calls out to Dare, pointing her finger directly towards where she feels Dire's life energy, then the direction into which she is moving.

The Dire Bots don't stand much of a chance and Ava knows how resilient she is (nice dress be damned), so she pretty much stands her ground (getting out of the damn heels would be too time-consuming) and observes the fight. When the bots do get their attacks in, she especially sees Ashley get hit rather hard, fuelling a bit of a protective urge towards the young woman. Immediately, the healer sends out a wave of life energy to mend her allies' wounds. "I've got your backs! Go get 'em!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action Ava uses her Area Heal

Healing rank 5
    50 ft. burst area centered on Ava
    Extras: Total (heal one condition by beating DC 10 and another for every 5 beyond the base DC)
    Feats: Persistent, Regrowth, Selective, Innate

In the interest of time, recovery checks for Ashley and Vagrant (if needed for the latter):
    Ashley (1d20+10)[14]
    Vagrant (1d20+7)[21]

9. - Top - End - #249

Doctor Dare
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll take some of that healing too. Teleporting is tiring at the moment.
    Recovery - (1d20+5)[16]

Feeling Ava's healing, Dare straightens up a bit. "Heading confirmed. Clean these two up and I'll get us ahead of her."
    Last edited by KaganMonk; 2012-09-04 at 10:18 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #250
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Hey, none of that!" Seeing Ashley get waylaid by one of the Dire-bots makes Emily angry. Different dimension or not, she wasn't going to let a teammate get beaten up if she could help it. Pulling her blaster from its holster, she fired a shot at the bot's head.

Air Ace frowned at Ava's revelation. "They're all fakes? Guess we better get a move on, then. Everyone in one piece?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Free Action to draw Omni-Blaster.

Standard: Energy Ray: (1d20+11)[16] against the bot attacking Rycon. DC 24 Toughness if it hits.
    Lovely Gorgon avatar by smuchmuch!

Excellent Ex-avatar Collection
    Spoiler
    Show

Air Ace and Gremlin by the superb kpenguin.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Smuchmuch: What would you prefer? Also there is no F.L.I. now, just the Freedom League.

If there's nothing else for you to do I'll move you on to when the others are, if you want to do anything in this timeline first just tell me and I'll work it in Smuch.

~Shade~

Johnny Rocket and the Bowman deal with Doc Otaku with ease and just kind of shrug with Johnny simply saying "Just don't mention the War I guess."

As the Lighthouse feeds her the info she needs on the location of the Frontliners she gets onto her bike as Doctor Tomorrow loops in the air behind her. At Shade's last question Doctor Tomorrow's face seems to darken for a moment before returning to normal

"The right timeline tends to be the brighter one. The false ones to be ones where all your friends or dead or heroes have become rulers and dictators looming over the world rather than saving people,"

he looks far off for a moment, then continues with a laugh

"Just trust me this is the right one, now lets find this girl before she messes it up big time!"

~Ava, Vagrant, Doctor Dare, Air Ace, Rycon & Remembrance~

As the group begins to overcome the Dire Bots quite handily, and Air Ace's shot goes wide, Ava has a far away look in her eyes. . .

Ava Only:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seriously:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I MEAN IT:
    Spoiler
    Show
    COME ON GUYS, ITS NOT EVEN A BIG DEAL!:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fine:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ava hears the distant gleeful sound of a child playing somewhere down a nearby alley,

"Looonn-don Is Burning Down,
    Burning Down, Burning Down,
    Looon-don Is Burning Down,
    My White Lady . . ."

Last edited by Raynn; 2012-09-04 at 11:51 AM.
    Loki Avatar by Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Former GM of

Now GMing

The Raynn-Verse:
    'Some Dreams Never Die'

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

Ava stares into space, inclining her head, a light worried frown forming on her face. "What..."

DM only
    Spoiler
    Show
    What... is this? Who is this? The questions race through Ava's mind as she hears the altered nursery rhyme, haunting in it's choice of words. She tries to locate where the song is coming from, locating it in a nearby alley. She doesn't know what she will find there. But she needs to go.

Suddenly, Ava begins moving towards a nearby alley and heads down the path in front of her, seemingly looking for something.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

~Ava~

Spoiler
    Show
    For Ava Alone:

Spoiler
    Show
    As Ava rounds the corner she sees a girl of ten or so dancing slowly as she sings, in a scarlet dress. She feels like she knows her from somewhere

"Set a King to watch all night,
    Watch all night, watch all night,
    Set a King to watch all night,
    My White Lady.

Suppose the King should fall asleep,
    Fall asleep, fall asleep,
    Suppose the King should fall asleep?
    My White Lady.

Looonn-don Is Burning Down,
    Burning Down, Burning Down,
    Looon-don Is Burning Down,
    My White Lady . . ."
    Loki Avatar by Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Former GM of

Now GMing

The Raynn-Verse:
    'Some Dreams Never Die'

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

"Gah!" Rycon finds herself knocked back by one of the Dire robots as it's mark struck her in a vulnerable area. It takes a sprout of healing by Ava to bring her back on her foot. "Thanks," she says in relief, "I scr- Huh?" A moment later Rycon notices Ava looking into space before running down the alleyway. "Ava, where are you going?!" She can't help but look in the direction Ava was looking at just a moment ago.
    Exams are finished! Posting shall resume shortly.

Sharkguard avatar done by Darth Raynn!

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

All Ashley sees is the front end of a dark typical alley of Freedom City, though she can't see down to its other end at this angle.
    Loki Avatar by Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Former GM of

Now GMing

The Raynn-Verse:
    'Some Dreams Never Die'

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ava walks over to the girl, taking in the strange sight. Who is she? Why is she so familiar? "How can I help?"

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

~Ava~

Spoiler
    Show
    You Know the Drift By now:

Spoiler
    Show
    Seriously?:

Spoiler
    Show
    The little girl smiles up at Ava as she stops dancing

"Don't be silly you can't help, but you can fix it. You can resurrect London, if the King helps you . . ."

she looks down the alley as if noticing something for the first time

"Ooohhh. . . right now? Tomorrow Broke Today. It's like a dream this place. You'll wake up when you fix it, but some of you will wish you'd kept the dream, rather than the old waking world.

When you fix the timeline look me up.
    I'm the Sword, White Lady.
    You'll remember who I am.

Len the Shield, Hope the Queen, Jake the King, Ava the White Lady.

You'll need us all, and so will he,"

with that she begins to walk away, playing with a skipping rope she pulled from nowhere as she does so

"One of my Time Keepers has been very naughty."
    Loki Avatar by Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Former GM of

Now GMing

The Raynn-Verse:
    'Some Dreams Never Die'

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Too late for that, i'm not ging to have her jump from the motocycle and say 'hey hold up a couple of hour, the timeline can wait", what sense would that make ?
    And no I have nothing in particular to do. I just though it'd be nice ot have a chance to give some characterisation to Shade beyond 'she's a ghost'.
    And it would have been nice to see what a whole change ot timeline means beyong one boring fight. Like the last arc we had with a similarpremice, it feels cut short, pointless as a result, unsatisfying and a wasted opportunity. That's all
    Let's just get this over with.

"Okay." That does seem a tidy bit rather simplistic but what does she know, he's the expert. "So I guess there's no superior authority on the matter, just your jugement ?" Life or death choices, they happens sometime in this job and they are never easy, but with entire timelines ? Scores of people that could, will or will not be...the weigth of the responsability must be enormous. Scarry though. sahde decide to get her attention back tot he road (yeah that's a good idea when piloting a otor vehicle) and the matter at hand
    "Alright, the frontliners, whole of the team are with Ava and Daedalus. Freedom university. Also the villain known as Dr Dire is on the premices."
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2012-09-04 at 02:13 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Changes in the time line... wake up from dream... so... this isn't real. People are dying in the "real" world.

"The White Lady...?" Ava echoes. "Who has been?"

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    smuchmuch: That's totally fine, I can think of a reason to split you two up for a while after the Dire ordeal. Okay? Once you meet the others you'll have time to explore this timeline a little.

~Shade~

"There used to be a higher authority but now I'm working Freelance."

And with that the pair depart . . .

~Six in All~

As Shade and Doctor Tomorrow come onto the scene they see Daedalus and The Frontliners squaring off against 6 versions of Dire over a major city street.

~Ava~

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Ava's question hangs in the air the girl simply fades. . . away . . . with a smile.
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-09-04 at 04:41 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Former GM of

Now GMing

The Raynn-Verse:
    'Some Dreams Never Die'

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Vagrant held his ground as the Direbot swooped in. He stood with his hands ready, one behind with chi held ready, the other set to ward the attack.

At the last second Vagrant stepped aside, his arm deflected the Direbot's as it flew past. The mystic protections of the White Gem of Atlantis almost buckled, but then his force field swelled and the robot was past him.

He whirled with it, his other hand shooting out. He held only for a second to track his target before release. Black fire shot out after the Direbot, a great ball of inky flame that howled like nothing on this earth.

Spoiler
    Show
    Blast DC 24 (1d20+12)[31] (Accurate x2)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit also by KP. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch

Vagrant by Darth Raynn

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

Remembrance squares herself and charges at the Dire Bot stuck in the confines of the alley. At the last moment, she seems to collapse, falling to her knees and sliding underneath the hovering robot. In an instant, she's turned around and has her collapsible quarterstaff out and whistling towards the robot's head.

Spoiler
    Show
    Acrobatic Bluff to Feint the Dire-Bot who just punched me and then following up with a +3/-3 melee Power Attack. If my Acrobatics check is successful, then it inflicts a DC 26 Toughness save, otherwise it's DC 24.

Acrobatics: (1d20+18)[28]
    Attack Roll: (1d20+12)[30]

Edit: Shoot, forgot to subtract the Power Attack penalty - just knock 3 off my attack roll.
    Last edited by Green Bean; 2012-09-04 at 05:27 PM.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Toughness Save (Vagrant): (1d20+9)[20]
    Toughness Save (Remembrance): (1d20+9)[23]
    The Thinker Telekinetic Selective Burst:
    Toughness Save: (1d20+9)[23]
    Toughness Save: (1d20+9)[19]
    Toughness Save: (1d20+9)[24]

Dire Bot 2: |Bruised 4 + Injured 4
    Dire Bot 3: |Bruised 4 + Injured 4 + Stunned
    Dire Bot 4: |Bruised 3 + Injured 3 + Stunned

~THE FRONTLINERS~

Most of the group are heavily damaged, barely holding together or essentially inactive. Only one is still totally active and it is in a terrible state others as it is berated by telekinetic attacks, magic and a quarterstaff.
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-09-04 at 09:51 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Former GM of

Now GMing

The Raynn-Verse:
    'Some Dreams Never Die'

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

Shade parks her cycle along the campus building as to not being seen by the frontliners yet.
    "Alright how do we do this ? You do your arrest and I'll cover your back ?" Shade eyes the direbot who looks the less damaged, might as well get rid of that distraction first, and throw one of her own boomerangs (short small unmarked stuff, it's really not her favorite weapons but when you're good at throwing..) in it's back in the confusion of the battle before huging back the side of the geology building, hopefully unseen and moivng direction of a set of emergency stairs in the side. "If Dire is around, I'll circle to make sure there's no other surpise to disturb you"

Spoiler
    Show

Stealth Giving a little help while not showing herself.(1d20+14)[21]
    Attack roll (all out attack (-4/+4) and power attack -3/+3) (1d20+12)[21]+1 (Simple Blast 8)(+3)(+2 if count as sneak attack)
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2012-09-04 at 11:58 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Toughness Roll: (1d20+7)[15] vs. DC 28

Dire Bot 2: |Bruised 4 + Injured 4 + Staggered + Disabled + Stunned
    Dire Bot 3: |Bruised 4 + Injured 4 + Stunned
    Dire Bot 4: |Bruised 3 + Injured 3 + Stunned

It'll take Shade more than a round to circle the building.

~Shade~

Out of the darkness a boomerang whispers and embeds itself in the head of the least damaged Dire-Bot, disabling it.
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-09-04 at 11:59 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Former GM of

Now GMing

The Raynn-Verse:
    'Some Dreams Never Die'

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

Her attack wasn't enough! Remembrance switches into a defensive stance, and prepares for a crushing counterattack...and then a boomerang snakes in out of nowhere and wrecks her opponent. It's a potentially life-saving deus ex machina, and Remembrance is grateful for it. That said, she knew Rule 5 of being an unpowered girl in a superpowered world; always look a gift horse in the mouth.

Before the *crunch* of the whirling boomerang embedding itself in armor plating faded from the street, she's backtracking the projectile's trajectory, hoping to catch a glimpse before her mysterious rescuer could run off.

There! Even with the potentially odd trajectories of a boomerang, there was only one place the shot could have come from. Not taking any chances, Remembrance pursues, silently and near-invisibly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Searching for my guardian angel.

Notice Check: (1d20+15)[30]

Stealth check in OOC
    Last edited by Green Bean; 2012-09-05 at 12:37 AM.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

Damn. she was jsut trying to distract the bot, not complelty disable it. it's one thing to help people, it's another one to get rid of a usefeull distraction. she'd be hopping to use it to set up some knock out gass charges in case that remebrance character would go down easy. And someone probably noticed her now.
    Shade moves a few flight of the emergency exit stairs on the side of the building, then couch and look at the shadows on the side of the building. Nope, nothing, no one went after her, Seems no one noticed, good.

Shade climbs a few more floor than until she's inr age an then use her grpall gub to zip to the floor roof. Jumping over the lege in a smooth move, she get near the bulf of an air conditioner and takes a look at the figures in the street below. the doctor whoudl make his move soon, hopeffully they'll all be very reasonable and she won't be needed at all. but if not.. she take a handful of knockout gass pellets between her fingers. Okay so wich one of them is Remembrance ?
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2012-09-05 at 01:08 AM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ettin in the Playground

Remembrance spots her rescuer, a lone figure making its way up the side of the campus building. Not one to give up her pursuit, she sneaks over to a different side of the building and begins her own climb, relying on the fire escapes of a neighbouring building until she's high enough to grapple onto the roof. She pulls herself over the ledge quickly and quietly. She looks around. There's enough detritus scattered around the roof to conceal her, a mixed blessing since her target would have the same advantage.

Remembrance moves quickly and quietly, in her element. She's invisible, uncatchable. Nonetheless, as she searches the rooftop to no avail, she can't help but feel on edge...

Spoiler
    Show
    Eyes open and mouth closed (for now)
    Notice: (1d20+15)[31]
    Stealth: (1d20+23)[42]

Rolls are now one less than Shade's Stealth and Notice respectively.
    Last edited by Green Bean; 2012-09-05 at 01:31 AM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

Shade looks down better with her binoculars. Two peoples on the ground, three flying, not counting the doctor. There's Rycoon and someone she doesn't know, likely a Frontliner. But the figure is male, not the target then. No sign of Ava though, wasn't she supposed to be here ?
    In the air there Daedalus of course, Vagrant (hard to miss with those purple robes of his) and a flying girl. Hum, jetpack and a gun which looks exactly lot like the ones from Tomorrow, possible connection here, so would she be Remembrance ? Same tech so likely same time traveling power and two vaguely related ('remembrance-tomorrow/remembering the past-looking up to the future) names, and the Dr did mention a 'girl', the early twenty woman seems about the right frame of age for the nickname compared to the Dr. Yup make sense to her.* Wonder if there's an history here ?

Wait.. weren't there three people on the ground two moments ago ?
    Shade stands to attention a very short moment. It was barely in earring range, most people wouldn't have even noticed it, but she's pretty sure there was a hint of a sound somewhere behind her. She did check there no one following her and that here was no one on the roof, didn't she ? Then again in this town.... Still if someone is following then they must be damn good. They're not hostile though, thankfully, her danger sense hasn't kicked in but still...
    Shades reaches into her suits and gets two things out she sticks on the surface of the air conditioner she's hiding along. Then she reaches two fingers on her forehead and close her eyes. There's a little gift she inherited from both her parents, she doesn't like relying on it, its hard to use and she know she's far from mastering all of it's possibilities or even to use it on a decent level, nor likely will she ever, but it's still has it's uses.
    As much as she'd like to play cat and mousse on rooftops, she's in the middle of a mission here, time to cheat a bit.

*Well in her defense, it kinda does. Just a shame it's a completly wrong conclusion. Well it's not like she isn't going to be corrected soon enough
    I do assume she hasn't heard of 'Air Ace' yet in this timeline of course

Spoiler
    Show
    Concentration (1d20+14)[24]
    subtle Telelocation (8) Will save 18 from Remembrance or Shade know her position.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2012-09-05 at 04:58 AM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

30. - Top - End - #270

Doctor Dare

In the middle of the battle, Dare notices Ava get distracted, and when a bot goes down unexpectedly, Remembrance runs off. Well, that's why I'm with the group. Someone's got to keep track of everyone. And keep everyone on track.With the last two bots on the ropes, Ava and Remembrance running off, and Dire getting away, it was time for an all or nothing shot. Switching his staff to his left hand, he draws his shurikens with his right and throws them at weak points in the armor as he runs at the most damaged but operational bot.

"Rycon, we should have these. You follow Ava. We've got a potential temporal anomaly and I don't like heroes wandering off in those conditions. Catch up with us if you can."

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack - (1d20+5)[7] DC 20+Autofire
    Notice - (1d20+11)[30] if I have time, to see who's around.

Spoiler
    Show