New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Messiah: Visions Unfold

Aandilar's eyes narrow in anger.
    "Which? You already suspect that I've been sent here by some girl, if you have to ask what crime I'm here about, I have to believe that you've committed more than one type of horrible crime. I can't just let you keep walking about so you can commit further atrocities."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

"Accusation is not the same as conviction. I have been accused of such diverse things as illicit relations with a fiend, murder, worship of dark powers, theft, aron, murder, rape, and, of all things, littering. I daresay that it would be truly impressive if I could manage all of those things from my small home. At the moment, most of the people I know who are powerful enough to take a hit out on my head are female. The man most likely to want to send a young vigilante after me would have armed you better than this. Thus, I am reasonably sure it is a woman."

"I am sure you don't want to believe a word I say. Righteous indignation, I am sure. I'll bet that there's nothing I can say which will convince you that I am innocent of the accusation. But ask yourself, on what do you base your judgment of my guilt? I dearly hope it's more than just the word of one person. If you really want to bring justice to the streets, make sure to investigate the facts so that you know that you're not being deceived by a good liar."
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

"I already know that you're a good liar, how do I know you aren't decieving me."

Aandilar waits until he thinks Hagran isn't looking, then slowly draws his light crossbow under the table, trying not to make any noise or get noticed.

OOC:
    I"m back.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: Forgot to make a check. I'm pretty sure that's a Sleight of Hand check? Or maybe a Dex check, either way it's the same for Aandilar.

(1d20+2)[11]

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm not asking you to believe me about anything. I'm asking you to think. HOW do you know I am guilty of whatever crime it is you assume I am guilty of? I'd like to point out that you won't even tell me what I'm accused of, much less let me face my accuser. If you are going to take justice into your own hands, make sure you do so knowingly."
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

"Very well, you stand accused of the rape of Miss Evensnow, and from what she tells, many other woman. I have it from other sources, so don't you try and lecture me on how I should investigate things."

Aandilar waits for Hagran to begin his response, then pulls his crossbow out from under the table quickly and shoots him with the crossbow. He then stands up, preparing himself for the fight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+2)[19]
    Confirm: (1d20+2)[7]
    Damage: (1d8)[1]

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do you do fractional BAB and saves? I just realized how horribly all over the place my BAB and saves are going to be otherwise. If so, at the moment that would add one to my attack rolls, and subtract one from my will saves.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

You fire your bolt and strike true. However, the bolt barely pierces his skin. He looks at it for a moment, takes the bolt out, and says, "Look, I'll give you a chance to leave before you hurt yourself. You're not equipped for this fight."

Spoiler
    Show
    spends his turn not doing anything particularly useful. your turn.

no, I don't use partial bab/saves, sorry. dem's da breaks.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    That's fine, just figured I'd check, some people consider it so integral that it goes without saying, some think that it's a bad set of rules and don't wish to use them. I happen to fall somewhere in the middle.

"Never, you've hurt too many people for me to let you get continue breathing." Aandilar is shocked at the bolt not hurting the man, and quickly runs through his mind for what might have caused it, and how to combat it. (I'm assuming that he's of high enough level to have DR from Warlock, but IC I don't know that.) He drops his crossbow, and while he works on that in the back of his mind, he reaches for his magic and sends forth a bolt of energy, then closes in.

Spoiler
    Show
    Free action for Knowledge checks and dropping a weapon (the crossbow).
    Knowledge (Arcana) (1d20+10)[29]
    Archivist's Knowledge: (1d20+4)[24]

Standard action to cast Magic Missile for (1d4+1)[3] Force damage.

Move action to move next to him.
    Last edited by Techwarrior; 2012-08-03 at 01:38 AM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

You quickly take stock of what could have caused him to ignore that damage, and quickly realize that you are dealing with a warlock of at least moderate talent. He likely has a spell or two at his disposal in the form of an invocation. Furthermore, his eldritch blast can be quite deadly.

Your missile flies at him and impacts squarely in his chest. He grunts from the impact but does not appear to be that badly injured from it.

You advance right next to him.

"Boy, that was a mistake." He says. He begins to cast an invocation at you, providing you an opportunity to attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    full 3 damage was dealt, just not a major chunk of his hp from that.

AoO for you, if you can take it. Also roll a will save in case the invocation goes off.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Aandilar is currently unarmed, and realizes it immediately. I need to get a weapon out, and fast. He braces himself for some form of assault from the invocation.

Will save: (1d20+4)[10]

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    forgot to mention that you could roll spellcraft to ID the effect.

You feel a gentle presence enter your mind, and suddenly, you don't know why you were so hostile towards him. He's been nothing but patient and kind to you, and he hasn't even retaliated against you for your hostilities. Perhaps attacking him isn't the best idea.

After all, he seems quite reasonable and would like to help.

Spoiler
    Show
    you are under a charm effect. You now regard him as a friend and ally, unwilling to commit hostile action against him so long as he doesn't do anything to break the effect. Besides that, you are still you and recall everything from before. It's just that he's now your new best friend for the duration of the spell.

"Wouldn't you rather talk this out?"

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yea, sorry about before. I don't know what came over me."
    Maybe Evensnow was wrong, this guy seems pretty decent.

OOC:
    First save, and I bungle it. Just my luck I guess.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

"Look, I'm a reasonable guy. If someone feels I've wronged them, I'm more than willing to talk with them about it. Why don't you bring Miss Evensnow by so she and I can talk about things and find out why she's really upset with me. If she'd prefer, you can come too to help make her less nervous. Sound reasonable? If I truly have hurt her, I fully intend to make it up to her."

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, uh, there's a problem with that... I promised the girl that hired me, that I wouldn't return until I had killed you."

Aandilar's the type that his word means a lot to, had to look at the charm subtype description to make sure I didn't auto-break that just by him suggesting Aandilar break his word. Also... Aandilar never said anything about it being Evensnow

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Techwarrior View Post
    "Very well, you stand accused of the rape of Miss Evensnow, and from what she tells, many other woman.
    Spoiler
    Show
    yes you did.

the only thing which breaks a charm is him or his allies directly threatening you. Your thing about oaths means that you're not going to just go jump up and do as he asks, but it doesn't break the charm effect by itself. You now have the dilemma that you've promised to kill your best friend.

"Miss Evensnow is a very disturbed young woman. She needs help. Apparently, she thinks I raped her. You say you have 'other sources' that corroborate her. What are they? If they were serious enough to convince you to take an oath to kill me, they must be very reliable."

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

"Al-alright, Aandilar says, I'll go see if I can find her." Aandilar stutters. He turns to leave and goes back to his room at the Hanged Man, goes up to his room and meditates, trying to figure out how he's going to deal with this. He feels torn and indecisive, as he really wants to be able to keep his word, but he doesn't want to kill his friend.

OOC:
    Sorry about the wait, I was trying to figure out how Aandilar would react to that. I'm used to playing stealthy characters that wouldn't have gone in like that. Aandilar is totally different than that though.
    Last edited by Techwarrior; 2012-08-06 at 12:12 AM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    perhaps your character needs help on this one...

too bad you don't know anyone who could help you...

like maybe a royal guard in training who thrashes people...

Your meditations clear your mind, but mystic answers from the beyond escape you.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

That's actually a very good idea...

Aandilar heads to the Guard post where he underwent testing, and asks if he can see Aveline.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

"Depends on why you want to see her." a gruff-sounding sergeant asks.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm a priest. I wish to speak to her on a matter of faith. If now is a bad time I can come back later, but I'd really prefer to see her now. I'd only be borrowing her for a short while." Aandilar replies.

Diplomacy: (1d20+14)[23]

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

"Very well."

He lets you pass and indicates a door. When you open it, you see that it is a room packed with bunk beds filled with recruits. As you enter, everyone goes dead silent and stares at you.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

"Whoa. I need to speak with Miss Aveline. If she'd come with me now." Aandilar looks around, trying to not look as shell-shocked as he feels.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Instantly, you hear catcalls and wolf whistles from a couple of yokels in the back.

Aveline, her face beet red, walks over to you from somewhere in the middle of the room.

"There better be a good reason why you embarrassed me right now."

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Yea, and I'll tell you all about it. Outside." Aandilar turns to leave, stopping outside the barracks as soon as they are alone.
    "Sorry about that, I didn't think that they'd act up like that. I'm a little new to this kind of thing. I hope I haven't done any permanent embarrasment."

Diplomacy: (1d20+14)[23]

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, the fancy young mage comes in and sweeps the rough girl off her feet and out the barracks just before they're to go to practice before mustering out this afternoon. The same one who gave her extra special treatment by healing her of the injuries the rest had to suffer through. The teasing of her magic boyfriend were only reinforced today." The sergeant says nonchalantly.

Aveline leads you off to an empty room in the building, but one where the sergeant has a clear view of the two of you from the open door.

"Now that you've permanently humiliated me in front of my peers, please tell me what is so important as to be worth this."

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm sorry. If I'd known that coming to you with my trouble would cause you such embarrassment and ridicule, I'd have tried to find someone else, only to remember that I don't know anyone else in this god forsaken town." Aandilar says in a small voice, eyes averted.
    "Before we discuss my own troubles, is there anything I can do to help you with the trouble I've caused?" Aandilar asks looking up hesitantly.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

"Either go out with me so I get the benefits along with the troubles or maybe cast a spell to teach the boys to mind their manners." She says. "It's nothing I haven't dealt with before. Being a woman in a man's world isn't easy, but I'll survive this."

"Anyways, what's the trouble? I assume that this isn't really a social call."

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Aandilar is shocked at the boldness of her words, and it probably shows.

"I'd definitely be willing to go out and do things with you Aveline."
    He pauses for a moment before continuing. Then spews his next words at
    high speed.

"I was talking to this woman because she had asked for some help, and she said she was raped. So I had her tell me the story, and she told me who the guy was, and seemed really disturbed. She told me that he had done it before to other girls. She asked me to kill him, and I promised her that I would. So I went over to his house, which she told me where it was at, then I was talking to him, and he said that he didn't, but he boasted about being accused of a whole slew of crimes, but never convicted. Then I got angry and attacked him, and figured out he was a warlock. But then I realized that what he was saying really made sense, and I want to trust him. She was so disturbed though... I guess I came here to ask for help on what to do... She seemed so sincere, but Hagran was just so friendly and upright. I promised to kill him, and I don't want to break my word, without it, I'm nothing, but I don't think I can kill him..."
    Last edited by Techwarrior; 2012-08-08 at 02:22 AM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

She stares at you blankly. "You promised to murder someone and you're worried about honor? Are you sure you know what that word means?"

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

"At the time I was under the belief that he had committed horrible atrocities against multiple people. Now I don't even know what's going on in my own head."