New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Hello and Welcome New Members, Thread 10

Hi, I'm Doomchicken. I'm a gamer, and am just starting to get into DDO and DnD 4e thanks to Order of the Stick. I hope to have many fun times here.
    Hero of Oakvale, Reach, Installation 00, The Black Family Estate, Malta, Atlantis, Brightwall, Lumbridge, Mom's Basement, Bowerstone, Falconreach, Battleon, Korthos Village, WW3, WW2, Pacific City, The Ark, Arkham City, Varrock, The Dwarvern Mines, the Warsworn, Aleroth, Canneroc, the Companions, the Dark Brotherhood, Whiterun, Skyrim, Tamriel, Korriban, the Rebel Alliance, and gods only know what else.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oh, so this is where the welcome thread is. Only found it after posting a bunch in Homebrew. Hey, everyone!

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

A warm welcome to our new entries: Giz (don't worry for Da Rulez: they're very helpful), Doomchicken, and Frathe (which is no more "new" but nonetheless).

HUGS!
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Hello all! I've been coming here for a while now and finally created an account. Long time gamer and I even have my own Meetup for local area gamers (RPG, board, war, strategy, and video games).

5. - Top - End - #515
    Barbarian in the Playground

Goblin

Default I think I got lost in the gift shop.. This is where I say hello?

Hello, long time reader, first time poster. I've been gaming for several years now and I love it. I've used these forums a number of times to answer sticky questions somebody else was kind enough to ask first. I'm in a pathfinder game right now and I'm playing a Paladin. I'm not gonna say he's dumb but he's naive and that works well for everyone involved except for evil stuff. Anyway Hello, thanks forum and Oots for existing I very much appreciate it.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello everyone. I think I discovered the comic somewhere in 2011; I've been a loyal fan ever since. The time seemed ripe to actually get around to joining the forums and contributing a bit to the community.

As you can probably infer from my username, I'm studying computer science. It's the best choice I've ever made in my life, because it's pretty awesome.
    Last edited by P equals NP; 2013-01-29 at 01:00 PM.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

smile Re: Hello and Welcome New Members, Thread 10

Hello all, long time gamer but new to the boards. After reading all of the comics up to the recent one over the last week and going over various homebrew ideas I decided to become a member and see about bouncing some ideas of a one nighter that could become a monthly thing.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frathe View Post
    Oh, so this is where the welcome thread is. Only found it after posting a bunch in Homebrew. Hey, everyone!
    I feel ya, bud. I only discovered the thread after like six months on the site and joining some PbP and what-not....

I never actually did post here except to welcome one of my friends who joined a month or two ago.

But that said, welcome, and also to ragnarokxg, P equals NP, Blade Conduit, and Starbase00!
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

9. - Top - End - #519
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Greetings, everyone! I've been a devoted OotS fan for a couple years, and I've been meaning to set up an account here for a while. I'm also an (electrical) engineering student and D&D 3.5 player/DM.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Caex View Post
    Greetings, everyone! I've been a devoted OotS fan for a couple years, and I've been meaning to set up an account here for a while. I'm also an (electrical) engineering student and D&D 3.5 player/DM.
    Hullo, He Whose Name in Draconic Means Sword And Has the Same Major as I. I welcome you to the forums.
    PS- how do you pronounce that word? Because I once used it for an eidolon and everyone called him "Cakes." Can't tell if it was funny or annoying.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

11. - Top - End - #521
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGirl

I have not yet read Order of the Stick, but I will start soon. Mostly, I just got the DnD 5e playtest and thought that this would be a good place to discuss it. However, I am very new to DnD and RPGs in general, only doing a couple 4e encounters.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGirl

Hello there everyone, I am darkninja0200 or FutaNeko0200, depending on the site. I like RP and of course tabletop. I like video games and whatnot. I'm not new to tabletop gaming, but I'm not a veteran. I've not had much experience, as usually I've had GM's flake or real life took hold, or other profiles were chosen over mine, not had luck being able to play a game even when I was wide open to play. Currently my RL DM decided he doesn't want to DM our game anymore. So you can see my frustration as far as that goes. I'm on a few other RP sites and a site that does both RP and tabletops. Soo I hope that I can become a good member on the site, with many friends, and getting gaming experience under my belt :3

13. - Top - End - #523
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGuy

HI again - apologies for not being around much - been quite busy with rl - started a thread about the gamers films but cant find it now - has it been removed?
    Last edited by Brock; 2013-02-02 at 08:27 PM.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Pixie in the Playground

Default HI

hello! im new to the forum and would like to say hi to everyone and i have a quick question. how does one go about changing his avatar i cant seem to figure it out.
    By the Blood Of Sanguinius!

15. - Top - End - #525
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: HI

Quote Originally Posted by Caex View Post
    Welcome! Sounds like you'll fit in just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    PS- how do you pronounce that word? Because I once used it for an eidolon and everyone called him "Cakes." Can't tell if it was funny or annoying.
    I assume it's a diphthong, so Cay-ex?

Quote Originally Posted by Lupus753 View Post
    I have not yet read Order of the Stick, but I will start soon. Mostly, I just got the DnD 5e playtest and thought that this would be a good place to discuss it. However, I am very new to DnD and RPGs in general, only doing a couple 4e encounters.
    You are in for such a treat. Seriously. 867 wondrous strips... one of these times I need to binge my way back through the archive.

Quote Originally Posted by darkninja0200 View Post
    Hello there everyone, I am darkninja0200 or FutaNeko0200, depending on the site. I like RP and of course tabletop. I like video games and whatnot. I'm not new to tabletop gaming, but I'm not a veteran. I've not had much experience, as usually I've had GM's flake or real life took hold, or other profiles were chosen over mine, not had luck being able to play a game even when I was wide open to play. Currently my RL DM decided he doesn't want to DM our game anymore. So you can see my frustration as far as that goes. I'm on a few other RP sites and a site that does both RP and tabletops. Soo I hope that I can become a good member on the site, with many friends, and getting gaming experience under my belt :3
    Welcome, and best wishes for finding PbP games or whatever else here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodangels_God View Post
    hello! im new to the forum and would like to say hi to everyone and i have a quick question. how does one go about changing his avatar i cant seem to figure it out.
    It seems you figured it out in some way, but welcome to GitP anyway!
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

16. - Top - End - #526
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

biggrin Re: Hello and Welcome New Members, Thread 10

Hi everyone! Been reading this comic forever (2006) it seems like so now that I have some downtime so here I am :) Love Gaming and enjoy teaching my oldest the joys of all gaming :) I love dog training (detection and protection/bitework) Leaving the Army I have enjoyed for the last 12 years to go to college to teach History or Nursing (still undecided). I Play Xbox360! lol any questions just ask!

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ettin in the Playground

Welcome to the forum, Flavoricepop! Love the username, by the way.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

18. - Top - End - #528
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Hello everyone. I literally just made my account a few moments ago.

I've been a fan of video game RPG's for a while now, but only recently got my first taste of good old tabletop D&D 3.5e

I accidentally ran into a thread on SilverClawShift's campaigns on this forum while googling some D&D stuff and after reading them (a few pages of OotS) here I am

19. - Top - End - #529
    Troll in the Playground

@Fyrelight: Welcome.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Dwarf in the Playground

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've actually been reading the webcomic for a good while, but I just never felt the need to register . . . but I did, I reckon!

21. - Top - End - #531
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hello I'm Wash which is my nickname and I wanted to join an awesome forum for DnD stuff and this is the most active and cool one IMO so here I am.
    Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts- Dan Gable

22. - Top - End - #532
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello my name is Alex, I have been reading your comic for some time and I am a fairly old DnD player. I joined the forum to get into some roleplaying and discuss stuff about the comics :)

23. - Top - End - #533
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey everybody, Reece here! I'm a gamer, both off and online. I'm full of myself, though I'll try not to be -too- cocky 'round here. I've read the entire webcomic and am planning on buying some of the shirts that I saw.. Somewhere.
    I've lurked the forums for a damn long time now. Two years, I think? Generally, I am a fairly good typer, however my thought patterns wander quite a bit so sometimes I start ranting about something which has nothing to do with the current conversation. Sorry about that.
    I finally decided to make an account for two reasons. One: The group I play dnd with online seem to have completely vanished (DID I SCARE THEM OFF??). As well as I am now in my matric year. I have SIX art assignments due in just a few short months and quite a few of them have to do with human faces and posture .. My worst subject. There are quite a few art threads 'round here and even more very helpful artists.

So.. Yeah.. See you around the forum. Oh! Feel free to troll me a little. I've been on the internet for seven or eight years, you're not likely to upset me. Not easily, anyway.

My mask is awesome.
    This is awesome and everyone should watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCVukDiRsNs
    Not my video, and if it was, I'd be much more epic than I am.
    I tend to disappear off the internet sometimes. I apologize if I inconvenience you.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Halfling in the Playground

Soooo... Hi! I'm Falling. Heh. Heh. No? Eurg, moving on then... I'm kind of terrible at most internet things, I can't really stop myself from typing in near-complete sentences with proper grammar. Also, I suck at gaming too, going for the "Spray and pray" approach, even if the game doesn't have guns. I'm also new to tabletop gaming, though I recently got a few Dungeons and Dragons books, and also a "Munchkin" game, which looks like way too much fun to be healthy. I'm pretty clumsy, that's where the name comes from, and I'm also a generally optimistic person. Though, like everyone, I have my moments. A bit more than everyone, but really, I'm fine. Really...

*Cries in corner*

Moving on, I lurked here for about.... I dunno, 5 minutes. About as long as it takes to laugh at the funny signature quotes. Well, that's it then!

Tl:DR: I'm a noob, I like puns too much for my own health. Oh yeah, and I'm clumsy.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ettin in the Playground

Welcome to everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by Falling View Post
    -snip-

Moving on, I lurked here for about.... I dunno, 5 minutes. About as long as it takes to laugh at the funny signature quotes. Well, that's it then!

Tl:DR: I'm a noob, I like puns too much for my own health. Oh yeah, and I'm clumsy.
    Heh, Munchkin is fun. Backstabbing your friends isn't as easy as it looks, though; sometimes they'll thwart you by having more stuff. I'd suggest just trying to kill weak things the whole game.

Bah, no one can possibly like puns too much!
    A few odds and ends.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

After reading OotS more or less faithfully for years now, I'm finally biting the bullet and delurking. Joining!

27. - Top - End - #537
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Hey. Sup. I'm new.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    Hey. Sup. I'm new.
    Hey. Sup. I'm old.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

29. - Top - End - #539
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Hey. Sup. I'm old.
    Yeah. But I know you.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Falling View Post
    Soooo... Hi! I'm Falling. Heh. Heh. No? Eurg, moving on then... I'm kind of terrible at most internet things, I can't really stop myself from typing in near-complete sentences with proper grammar. Also, I suck at gaming too, going for the "Spray and pray" approach, even if the game doesn't have guns. I'm also new to tabletop gaming, though I recently got a few Dungeons and Dragons books, and also a "Munchkin" game, which looks like way too much fun to be healthy. I'm pretty clumsy, that's where the name comes from, and I'm also a generally optimistic person. Though, like everyone, I have my moments. A bit more than everyone, but really, I'm fine. Really...

*Cries in corner*

I am also a noob who uses near-complete sentences; hell, I use semicolons! There! I just did it again! Also, I too "spray and pray." Example: Shotgun is my favorite gun. For every mission. In every game.