New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Hi, need help finding a Barney monster (maybe fey?) someone made.

Hi,

Been a while since I've been here. Does anyone remember or have a link to an old Barney monster someone wrote? Someone linked it to me a while ago, but I can not seem to find it.

Many Pikas in advnace!
    I just want someone to hold me and tell me they love me. Especially when I am sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Skami Pilno View Post
    The man who is dominated by fear of death is already dead.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Hi, need help finding a Barney monster (maybe fey?) someone made.

Only things that I could dig up that appear remotely relevant is this and this. Not sure if its what you're looking for.
    ESPRE Super Powers Roleplay Engine: An open game RPG about super powers.
    Spoiler
    Show

Trissociate 3.5 Homebrew Base Class. Mix & match abilites & templates to make virtually any sort of character!
    Emerald Legion A Mind Flayer's guide to breeding Ikea Tarrasques
    The Blob Ikea Tarrasques Redux through Fusion+Astral Seed
    Spellblade Tennis Throw out nigh infinite spells per round
    Sleeping Raven Infinite Blood Frenzy Nigh infinite melee damage exploit

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

I have this but I don't remember who wrote it. It was not me.

Barney the Purple Dinosaur
    Large Magical Beast
    Hit Dice: 5d10+15 (43 hp)
    Initiative: +0
    Speed: 30 ft.
    Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +6 natural), Touch 9, Flat-footed 15
    Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+9
    Attacks: Slam +9 melee (1d6+5)
    Damage: 2 Slams +9 melee (1d6+5)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Frightful presence, improved grab, constrict 2d6+5, mind-wasting disease
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, insipid
    Saves: Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +1
    Abilities: Str 20, Dex 10, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 12
    Skills: Hide +6, Listen +6, Move Silently +6, Perform (singing) +5, Spot +6
    Feats: Skill Focus (Perform),
    Environment: Any land
    Organization: Solitary or trio
    Challenge Rating: 3
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Always neutral
    Advancement: —

Not many people can tolerate these creatures, yet the Barneys flourish in most areas of the R'itni Islands. Barneys are warm-blooded bipedal reptiles that travel either alone or in groups of three.

A fully-grown Barney can reach eight feet in height, and weigh more than three hundred pounds. It has predominantly purple skin with green spots and a green belly, and no fingers or toes to speak of; feet are rectangular slabs, and hands resemble mittens. Barneys still have tails, though they serve no purpose.

Barneys speak their own language and Farraphan.

Combat

Barneys are not by nature aggressive. However, most adults find them so offensive that they either flee or fight to kill. Children, on the other hand, cannot get enough of them, and always try to stop adults from harming their "friend."

Frightful Presence (Ex): The mere sight of a Barney is enough to inspire fear in the heartiest of adventurers. Anyone seeing a Barney must make a Will save (DC 13) or become panicked. A character that makes his save is immune to that Barney's frightful presence for 24 hours.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this attack, the Barney must hit with both slam attacks. If it gets a hold, it can constrict.

Constrict (Ex): A Barney deals automatic constriction damage with a successful grapple check against Medium-size or smaller characters. The Barney Hug also causes a mind-wasting disease.

Insipid (Ex): The Barney functions on concepts that are alien to most minds. Thus, anyone making mental contact with a Barney (for example, with telepathy) must make a Will save (DC 13) or immediately suffer the effects of an insanity spell.

Mind-Wasting Disease
    Spread through the constriction attack of the Barneys, this mind-wasting disease takes effect almost immediately after infection, and unless treated, will permanently drain 1 point from a random mental attribute per day. Many who get infected commit suicide shortly afterward to spare themselves the agony.

Infection: Contact
    DC: 20
    Incubation: 1 round
    Damage: 1 Int, Wis, or Cha (roll 1d3) (permanent)

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    I have this but I don't remember who wrote it. It was not me.

Barney the Purple Dinosaur
    Large Magical Beast
    Hit Dice: 5d10+15 (43 hp)
    Initiative: +0
    Speed: 30 ft.
    Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +6 natural), Touch 9, Flat-footed 15
    Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+9
    Attacks: Slam +9 melee (1d6+5)
    Damage: 2 Slams +9 melee (1d6+5)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Frightful presence, improved grab, constrict 2d6+5, mind-wasting disease
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, insipid
    Saves: Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +1
    Abilities: Str 20, Dex 10, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 12
    Skills: Hide +6, Listen +6, Move Silently +6, Perform (singing) +5, Spot +6
    Feats: Skill Focus (Perform),
    Environment: Any land
    Organization: Solitary or trio
    Challenge Rating: 3
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Always neutral
    Advancement: —

Not many people can tolerate these creatures, yet the Barneys flourish in most areas of the R'itni Islands. Barneys are warm-blooded bipedal reptiles that travel either alone or in groups of three.

A fully-grown Barney can reach eight feet in height, and weigh more than three hundred pounds. It has predominantly purple skin with green spots and a green belly, and no fingers or toes to speak of; feet are rectangular slabs, and hands resemble mittens. Barneys still have tails, though they serve no purpose.

Barneys speak their own language and Farraphan.

Combat

Barneys are not by nature aggressive. However, most adults find them so offensive that they either flee or fight to kill. Children, on the other hand, cannot get enough of them, and always try to stop adults from harming their "friend."

Frightful Presence (Ex): The mere sight of a Barney is enough to inspire fear in the heartiest of adventurers. Anyone seeing a Barney must make a Will save (DC 13) or become panicked. A character that makes his save is immune to that Barney's frightful presence for 24 hours.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this attack, the Barney must hit with both slam attacks. If it gets a hold, it can constrict.

Constrict (Ex): A Barney deals automatic constriction damage with a successful grapple check against Medium-size or smaller characters. The Barney Hug also causes a mind-wasting disease.

Insipid (Ex): The Barney functions on concepts that are alien to most minds. Thus, anyone making mental contact with a Barney (for example, with telepathy) must make a Will save (DC 13) or immediately suffer the effects of an insanity spell.

Mind-Wasting Disease
    Spread through the constriction attack of the Barneys, this mind-wasting disease takes effect almost immediately after infection, and unless treated, will permanently drain 1 point from a random mental attribute per day. Many who get infected commit suicide shortly afterward to spare themselves the agony.

Infection: Contact
    DC: 20
    Incubation: 1 round
    Damage: 1 Int, Wis, or Cha (roll 1d3) (permanent)

Debby
    I <3 this.

Thank you!
    I just want someone to hold me and tell me they love me. Especially when I am sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Skami Pilno View Post
    The man who is dominated by fear of death is already dead.