New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,474 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: General WoD Discussion #2: Its time to Celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    I suppose. Just... Seems a little pointless? Because if you have to have contact with an Atoll every month, then you'll never be without human contact for a month anyway at 7.
    It's not a T5 sin unless you know of an Atoll in the area. You can spend a month without contacting an Atoll so long as you have no reason to believe there are any Atolls nearby for you to contact. Sequestering yourself away from humanity is a mere T7 sin if you relocate to a remote area where there are no Atolls.

It's also entirely possible that, if you were to abduct and isolate an Atoll, you'd be safe from the T5 sin but still vulnerable to the T7 sin. The justification there would be that it doesn't really count as "human contact" if the human in question is a captive cut off from humanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ettin in the Playground

One of my favorite morality-disruption points is Geist. Murder is not a sin. Accidentally killing someone is a T4 sin. It kind of fits, due to the odd relationship they have with death, but it's still very unusual.
    Last edited by Eurus; 2013-09-15 at 01:10 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bookworm View Post
    Er, no, Promethean is entirely playable. Finding a game is the hard part, because it's super-niche, which is what people generally talk about with Promethean.

But, yeah, Promethean has a win condition. Follow the right path and you can become a human, no ifs or buts about it. Promethean borrows heavily from alchemy; you can, through effort and enlightenment, turn lead into gold.

Which is part of the reason it's entirely niche game, mind you.
    The other part, I think, being that most WoD players expect a more social game than "you can't stay in one place more than a few days or talk to anyone but your party more than once or twice*".

*(May be slightly exaggerated, but then it usually is when described.)

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    *shrug* I dunno. I've heard a lot of love for the game, but at the same time it's supposed to be so bass-ackwards as to be untenable; a poor balance between going crazy because you'll never have friends and your friends going crazy because of your aura.

Although, now I remember a fan splat about dragons? Perhaps I'm mixing the two? That sounds like a dragon thing. Something involving Tiamat, too.

And, neat! Way better than Changeling. Wyrd 10 is "go stark raving mad and become one of the Gentry", isn't it?
    Sounds like Leviathan: the Tempest. Which I have never played, so I don't know how accurate that is, but I've seen it described a lot like that by fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    I didn't even know there was anything for Wyrd 6-10 Changelings.
    There's a disproportionately popular (and good) book with all that: Equinox Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    A question for the board: would it be unusually cruel to drop a middling Leviathan as the main antagonist a group of seasoned Vampires that have, so far in-game, been in the dark relating to the existence of most other creatures?
    You could even play up the whole "in the blood" aspect of Leviathan ... it wouldn't be hard to make them seem like cousins of Vamps, they share enough conceptual space. I think.

[quote="SiuiS"]It's like changeling. Killing is like, T5? Killing a human is T4.[quote]

That seems reasonable. There are plenty of non-humans out there for T5.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

General WoD Discussion #3 is up, please head there when you can no longer post on this thread.