Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 232
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Ballista's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default The Dark Side Hungers IC

    Journal 1-A
    Well, I've finally been accepted into this damn company, something about running missions along the edge of the outer rim, but the only thing I care about is the fact that everyone's been telling me this outfit's just smooth sailing. Hardly any contacts with hostiles, no Republic cruisers jamming their turbolasers up every damn orifice. Hell, this ought to be one nice, relaxing tour. The doc says that keeping a journal would help relieve the stress or something, kinda overkill, but heck I'll try it out. Going to figure out who's in my squad sometime this cycle; apparently the CO's some Mandalorian... I wonder where the hells they dug him out of, let's hope they're not as crazy the vids make them out to be...
    Journal 2-A
    I'm aboard the ship now, the Daedalus or something along those lines, it's apparently some top secret prototype or something, but as long as it doesn't blow up on me or suck me out into space, I couldn't give a mynock's droppings about what it's supposed to do. I guess I'll get back to this when I get to my cot.
    Journal 2-B
    Bumped into some droid on the way up here, T4 models are pretty darn rare these days but there was something definitely odd about this guy. It seemed to lack that... quirkiness that the astromechs back at home had, he just seemed a tad depressed. He's probably just overdue from a memory wipe.
    Journal 35-A
    Getting back late from the bar again, the holos there are a getting a bit stale, but the Membrosia there is the finest I've had in a long while. Saw some Bothan there getting at it with some pazaak with Del, apparently that furball was doing pretty well cuz Del started yelling at him for cheating or something... I've got more PT in a few more cycles so I better get some shut eye.
    Journal 42-A
    Del and a couple other guys have gone missing, no trace of them, they just vanished off the ship. The escape crafts are still docked and none of the ships that departed were unregistered. They're probably just playing tricks on us, but we got a meeting in a few hours anyway because of this. Damn it guys, I'm missing out on the race.
    Journal 49-A
    Damn, I keep bumping into some odd guys out in the halls. There was some whole procession with some woman in cuffs being marched down the residential deck. Looks like we gout ourselves someone smuggling onto the ship. But I best keep my nose out of it. On another note, another couple of guys went missing, even one of those hoity toity sith apprentices. Somethings going on around here, I'm not entirely sure what though.
    Journal 49-C
    Again! another column of guards just come marching down the hall, this time with one of those Miralukas? I don't remember what they're called, the ones with the hoods over their faces all the time. He seemed pretty darn calm about it, even though he's probably going to sit in some force cage for the rest of his life. They better keep an eye on him, those guys always creep me out...
    Journal 78-A
    Ok, I'm getting paranoid or something, but there is something seriosuly wrong on this ship. People do not just get up and disappear... The Sith in charge is calling for some sort of public address in the hangar soon, let's hope he has some answers.
    Journal 79-D
    I can't sleep, there's some buzzing in the back of my head, I can't get rid of it. It sounds like it's coming from the hall outside. Damn it Kel'dahn, you better not be playing tricks on me again. I'm gonna go check it out.
    These recordings are played out over the Daedalus' intercoms a long and drawn out pause is left after the final audio clip, until suddenly an ice cold voice penetrates the silence.
    These are the fragments of data we recovered from a datapad we discovered in one of the maintenance panel on the Prison deck. The ID of the device's owner has been identified as a Zyk Delthamier, one of the latest case of disappearances on this ship. Our inquisitors are attempting to solve this situation as best as they can, though if anyone were to have any information regarding these incidences, report it to your Commanding officers. If anyone is found to be withholding information, they will be dealt with appropriately.
    The intercoms cuts off at this point as you hear the comm click back into its receiver.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dark Side Hungers IC

    As the intercom went dead the music at the bar resumed. Jek watched a pazaak game with only mild interest as he sipped his drink. The Rodian had switched one of his cards mid-game and the human hadn't noticed. It wasn't a big deal, though, and Jek wouldn't say a word to either party. As the Rodian began to collect his winnings the human left the bar, probably out of creds. Not a bad idea, thought Jek. He finished his drink and also left the bar.

    After a few minutes of meandering he found himself in the nearest hangar bay. With the recent disappearances repair work had been piling up and it's not like he had anything better to do. Jek retrieved his gear from the locker he was currently assigned and started working on a shuttle.

    About an hour later his "boss" came up to his workstation, "Jek, gotta minute?"
    "Sure, what's up?" he replied without looking up.
    "I got reassigned, they want more people to figure out this disappearin' business and I can't have you doing my work here anymore."
    This caught the Bothan's attention and he stopped working and said, "Is that so? Then I guess I'm done here." He ignored any apology made, collected his tools, and made his way to the abandoned cot he'd been sleeping in. That's another crashed venture, I'll have to find something else soon.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    GMT-8

    Default Re: The Dark Side Hungers IC

    Kot Ha'rang sat in his quarters, field stripping his weapon and enjoying the privacy that being an "officer" afforded him. He half-listens to the announcement as he cleans the focusing crystal in his rifle. He grunts when he hears the reference to himself, but carries on. By the time the announcement comes to an end, Kot's weapon, crafted so long ago with his father, shines like new.

    With another grunt he stands and places his weapon into his locker. He slips the sheath containing his sword into place at his side and leaves his room, content to wander until something catches his attention.
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show
    All the games I played in died


    Player Profile at the Registry

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dark Side Hungers IC

    Ovelia calmly sat in her cell with her eyes closed as she leans against the wall and listens to the recording. She didn't speak and didn't open her eyes as she waited. People disappearing was a bad thing, but she knew that unless the Current didn't want her to disappear she'd be safe and if it did then nothing she could do would change that. This belief in fate and destiny left her with little concern about matters as she lay in her cell each day.

    While she wouldn't admit it, she was growing bored and longed for her freedom. She knew that the Current had her hear for a reason, but she hoped that reason would hurry up and happen. Perhaps these disappearances were the reason she was here and the Current would free her soon. After the recording ended and after a few moments of silence she opened her eyes and looked around. She saw the blind alien in the cell opposite her and nodded.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: The Dark Side Hungers IC

    T4 trundled aimlessly through the abandoned hallways of a lower deck on the ship. he had just been chased away from the mechanical bay by an irritated mechanic working on an astromech droid, and was still fuming to himself about the encounter.

    I was simply commenting on the fundamental flaws behind the very concept of manufactured substitutes for sentient beings. There is no need to start throwing wrenches...

    Awakened from his thoughts by the announcement, T4 listed woefully while scooting through the empty corridor.

    "Great. Now people are just disappearing off of the ship. I bet I'll disappear next. No one would care about the disappearance of an old annoying mechanical droid. I bet they wouldn't even notice I was gone." he loudly and forlornly complains to the deserted hallway.
    Last edited by thechosen2nd; 2012-07-21 at 10:12 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Ballista's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dark Side Hungers IC

    T4-
    A static filled warble fills your head processor before a rather gruff sounding voice erupts from the chatter.
    [Basic]
    Hey droid, we've got a problem down at the hyperdrive. One of the couplings seems to have been disconnected, the other engineers have their hands tied on life support and other more pressing matters. So get your tin ass off to the hangar, I'll have another mechanic there to meet you.

    Jek-
    You see an Aqualish bump pass your boss as he leaves the hangar bay, exchanging a few words. The tusked alien is burly and barrel chested, you can see his distended belly stretch over the waistline of his stained and worn work pants. He raises his hand in an attempt to get your attention before making a hasty, if awkward advance towards you. His voice is rough and hoarse, with a heavy accent suggesting that he rarely if ever speaks in Basic.
    [Basic]
    Oi! You're Jek right? I heard from Eno back there that you're out of a job; I've got a few odd jobs popping out of the ship hear and there that the engineering corps can't handle. He tells me that you're decent with a hydrospanner; if you want the job, we can start immediately.
    He holds out a hairy and clawed hand.
    Of course, I've forgotten my manners, the names Gorto. Gorto Zaka.

    Kot-
    You didn't need to wander far from your dormitories as it seems someone's been looking for you. A dark figure walks towards you from across the hall, flanked by a pair of crimson clad commandos. The man has all the qualities that you'd expect of a sith, dark, foreboding and seemingly clad in shadows. He wears a black and hooded robe over a set of dark grey battle armor, his intricately carved lightsaber hangs proudly on his belt; despite how close he is to you, his face remains unseen behind his hood. He and his guards stop a few inches in front of you as the man begins to speak, his voice sounds oddly familiar to you.
    [Basic]
    Mandalorian, the troops are as fit as ever I presume? Nevertheless, I have a task that would require your... expertise. We've recently captured a couple of jedi, though we know not of their origins and purpose; one is not different from the thousands of other vermin in the galaxy, though the other... she has an odd feeling about her. You're to go down to the prison deck and determine their intentions, their purpose and who they are.
    Reaching inside his robe, he produces what looks like a small datapad and holds it before you.
    This datapad holds the codes to unlocking the cells as well as acting as the key card to utilizing the interrogation room. Remember Mandalorian, they're to be kept alive...

    Ovelia-
    Your fellow prisoner acknowledges your presence, reaching out in the force to greet you before retracting himself. You see a slight smile form on the man's lips before changing back to a peaceful calm. He sits down in the cell, cross legged and begins to meditate.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    GMT-8

    Default Re: The Dark Side Hungers IC

    Kot takes the offered datapad and salutes, fist to heart. "It will be done as you say. I will report to you as soon as I have something worthwhile."

    Kot waits until the Sith leaves or dismisses him, then proceeds to the cell block, attempting to memorize the codes on the datapad as he walks. His large form leaves a wake in the foot traffic as he moves.
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show
    All the games I played in died


    Player Profile at the Registry

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dark Side Hungers IC

    "Yeah, Jek Drey'lorsk," Jek says as he grasps the alien's hand. "A job's a job, right? I've got nothing else planned, just lead me to where we have to go."

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dark Side Hungers IC

    A slight bit of confusion crosses Ovelia's face at the man's smile. She wasn't the type to whine and complain, but it seemed an odd choice for the man to be smiling while sitting in a cell. She didn't know much about her captors, but from what she had gagged they seemed to be like a dam attempting to block and manipulate the Current which was supposed to run free. It was almost sickening when she looked at them in the Current. The Current was meant to guide, not be guided, to flow unhindered and just take you along for the ride not to be twisted.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: The Dark Side Hungers IC

    T4 stops in his tracks and heaves a sigh. (He has been working very hard over the past month to develop a sighing sound out of his vocabulator that sufficiently expresses boredom, self-loathing, and general discontent, and is fairly proud of the result.)

    "Hyperdrive couplings... sounds dreadfully boring. But then again, so is everything else on this miserable ship. Very well. I am on my way. If i don't arrive in the hangar shortly, you can assume that I have disappeared along with all of the other victims, and my pitiful existence has finally come to an end. In which case, I expect you shall all be wanting to throw a party in celebration..."

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    GMT-8

    Default Re: The Dark Side Hungers IC

    Kot enters the detention area using the now memorized codes and stands looking over the two cells containing the force-users. He calmly examines one, then the other. "So. Who will be first?"
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show
    All the games I played in died


    Player Profile at the Registry

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dark Side Hungers IC

    The silence is interrupted by the voice of a man entering. She looked up at him calmly. The man didn't seem to have that twisted messed up version of the Current running through him.

    As he spoke she was quite contemplating the vagueness of his wording. "I guess that depends on what is first. If you mean who is first for questioning, torture, or whatever you are here for, that would be your say nor ours as we are but captives."

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Ballista's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dark Side Hungers IC

    Jek-
    [Basic]
    We've got ourselves a problem with the hyperdrive, we're currently idling in this system while we make some repairs with the life support, one of the air scrubbers have gone offline. We've got too many repairs to make and not enough people or droids for that matter. The hyperdrive is important of course, and we've got a spare, but it'd actually be nice if the damn thing would be up and ready. A droid's coming down to assist you on it, but just as a warning, some may find his demeanor a bit odd for a droid.
    The Aqualish turns around slowly, his rather rotund physique hinders his motion greatly.
    Ahh, speak of the devil... here's T4. If you have any problems or need any tools just com me. I've got to get back to work.
    Gorto walks out of the hangar bay and into one of the maintenance corridors that tunnel throughout the ship.
    Last edited by Ballista; 2012-07-20 at 07:34 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dark Side Hungers IC

    "Hyperdrive, eh? Alright then." Despite the quick turn around in the work situation, Jek kept his voice as nonchalant as possible. Any negative attitudes associated with a Bothan eventually lead to accusations and other troublesome issues. And with people disappearing, the tension was high enough.

    "Odd demeanor from a droid? No one does memory wipes anymore?" he mumbled quietly as the droid in question came into view. He hadn't expected a T4, being as rare as they were, but he could recognize it by the rear track and hand appendages. "I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that by 'odd demeanor' you meant depressing attitude, eh?" Jek asked. Gorto nodded in response. "I'll be fine with it. We'll be done soon enough."

    As the fat Aqualish left them, Jek said to the droid, "I guess we're working together. Would you like to lead the way?"

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: The Dark Side Hungers IC

    As T4 approaches Jek, you hear the droid finishing up a rant about something...

    "...Not that it would matter that I wouldn't be invited anyways... It's not like I can consume the exquisite foods you sentients always rave on and on about. Yet another deplorable inadequacy they didn't consider when they invented the heuristic proce-..."

    T4 suddenly notices the Bothan, and stops in his tracks to examine him.

    "Oh. Hello. You must be the mechanic. Yes, I suppose we are working together. Very well. The hangar is this way."

    With that, the small droid resumes towards the hangar, his tracks quietly humming along the corridor floor.

    "I bet you're livid that they sent you down to work with me, aren't you? Well, not much you can do about it, I guess. That's all there is in this pitiful existence anyways: disappointment after disappointment."
    Last edited by thechosen2nd; 2012-07-21 at 10:11 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dark Side Hungers IC

    Jek listened politely as the male voice of the droid bemoaned his own existence. "Why would I be angry at being paired with a droid? Are you malfunctioning?" he asked. "Because if you are, I can fix that. I would just need your master's permission, or your own if you're self owned."

    They continued walking and once they approached the Hyperdrive Jek said, "Well let's take a look at this beauty and see what the issue is."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge (Tech): (1d20+9)[18]


    @thechosen2nd: Is you're character named T4 or M4, you keep changing it.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    GMT-8

    Default Re: The Dark Side Hungers IC

    "Well in that case, you're up first." Kot makes certain that the interrogation cell is free and moves to the cell door, unlocking it. He makes certain that Ovelia is secured before he moves her to the interrogation cell.

    He settles her down in the chair across a table from him and he settles back. "Now then, I would prefer to not have to get too rough, as I have to use this uniform later. Let's begin with the basics. Identify yourself and your purpose on this ship."
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show
    All the games I played in died


    Player Profile at the Registry

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Ballista's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dark Side Hungers IC

    Kot-
    The walls are lined with cabinets filled with syringes and hypodermic needles filled with varied chemicals. Behind each row are even more toxins, serums and acids creating a rather colorful scene throughout the otherwise white and sterile room. Off in the corner is a flat piece of durasteel attached to an arm mounted to the wall; locked cuffs protrude from where you expect the victim's ankles and wrists are placed. A tray lies next to this contraption, several instruments ranging from knives and scalpels to stunners and shock probes are neatly arranged on its sterile surface. A panel from the floor has risen from the ground, acting as a table and desk, several chairs are stacked neatly inn the far corner.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dark Side Hungers IC

    Ovelia raises an eyebrow with an amused look, "My name is Ovelia and I don't know my purpose aboard the ship." She states calmly. "You all captured and arrested me, I would guess you know my purpose more so than I. I can guess that the Current placed me here for another reason, but what that is I don't know."
    Last edited by Major; 2012-07-21 at 02:10 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Ballista's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dark Side Hungers IC

    Jek-
    You enter a chamber about 150 feet in diameter, several catwalks traverse the otherwise depth-less pit. A dim blue glow emanates from the bottom of the massive cooling vent shrouding most of the room in a blue hue. To the left and right of the entrance to the maintenance chamber sit the auxiliary Hyperdrives, short and squat cylinders, each with intricate designs that suggest some sort of ancient runes, but you know it to simply be a cooling apparatus.
    You approach the left-most Hyperdrive; it seems to be standard issue of a ship of this tonnage, the readouts from the console suggests it to be be a Class 1 or perhaps lower. The power to the drive seems to be fluctuating; it constantly spikes and dips as the dim lights surrounding it continues to flicker. You open an access panel on the side of the main core to see the extent of the damage. The panel is lifted and you are immediately greeted with several sparks jumping out at you, slightly singing your fur but leaving no lasting effect.
    However, you cannot immediately determine the areas of damage nor of its extent.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Jek please roll a Perception or a Mechanics Check (Or Both)
    Last edited by Ballista; 2012-07-21 at 04:20 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    GMT-8

    Default Re: The Dark Side Hungers IC

    The Taung frowned, as much as the bone plates allowed, and jotted the information down on a pad. "And this Current. What is that? Keep in mind that should you withhold anything, I have no qualms about using... other techniques." He nods to the interrogation table.
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show
    All the games I played in died


    Player Profile at the Registry

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dark Side Hungers IC

    Jek momentarily ignores the droid as he closer inspects the Hyperdrive. Fluctuating power could be any number of things. But, maybe... if I just... he thought as he got closer to better inspect the components.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20)[7]
    Mechanics: (1d20+9)[20]

    Don't mean to leave thechosen2nd behind, but I figured I could fit this in.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Ballista's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dark Side Hungers IC

    Jek-
    You instictievly look at the power connectors and coversion cells, though you find no problems in such areas. Sparks continue to spray from abov you as your deft hands reach deeper into the machine. You feel something odd as you explore the inner workings. Looking into the machinery, you see something neatly lodged between two arc converters; a slim and metallic tool, it appears to be an Arc Wrench.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dark Side Hungers IC

    An Arc wrench... which would mean... along with the disappearances... The mental gears of the Bothan spun and clicked into place. Clues previously unnoticed rose to the surface as his conclusion seemed to become more and more concrete. He removed the Arc wrench with care and took a second glance through the inner workings1 before he stood up. He set the tool down and spoke to the droid, "Looks like we've been sabotaged. Probably the same person or group that have been behind the disappearances. We should probably report in immediately; any thoughts?"

    1
    Spoiler
    Show

    Just in case: Mechanics: (1d20+9)[11]

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Ballista's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dark Side Hungers IC

    Jek-
    The Hyperdrive core seems to be receiving constant power, most of the sparks have subsided. There's no way to tell if it's completely repaired though, a full workup would be required; and that might take a few cycles to complete.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dark Side Hungers IC

    Ovelia seems confused for a moment, "I'm not sure how to explain the Current if you cannot already perceive it. How does one explain destiny and fate." She says, her words reflecting it was not a question. "The closest to explain the Current is to say it is fate. If I am fated to be here then I would be here no matter what you or I tried. In that same regard if I am fated to be placed on that table no matter what I tell you I will be placed on it. If I am not fated to be on it I won't be on it no matter what you wish. Our desires and will don't matter, merely what the Current, or fate, wants."

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: The Dark Side Hungers IC

    "Sabotage? The list of disasters just keeps growing, doesn't it?"

    The droid's processor unit hums a little louder as T4 analyzes the evidence.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Perception for examining the arc wrench and surrounding area for any clues:
    (1d20+8)[12]


    "The saboteur would have to have access to an arc wrench, and know enough to be able to subtly sabotage the hyperdrive without killing themselves... so they must be somewhat mechanically inclined. In other words, we aren't dealing with a simple minded brute. And the fact that they struck for the hyperdrive implies that we can most likely add the imminent threat of a space battle to our growing list of existence-threatening problems...
    In any case, I suppose you are right; we should report this right away. It would also be wise to check the other hyperdrives and ensure that they are in working order... Yet another mind-numbingly boring task. Sigh."


    T4 comms in to the officer who gave him the orders to check out the hyperdrive.

    "It would appear my initial predictions were correct: the ship is doomed. The hyperdrive you sent us to fix seems to have been sabotaged. We do believe that it is now in working order. However, it seems whatever is causing these disappearances has larger plans than just a few minor kidnappings."

    T4 goes on to relay as much information to the officer as he can.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dark Side Hungers IC

    When T4 mentioned that the other Hyperdrives could be sabotaged Jek just nodded and went to check the other auxiliary drive. He got a readout from the screen and popped a panel to peek inside. It was entirely possible for a saboteur to leave explosives that don't interfere with functioning until detonation.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Know (tech): (1d20+9)[14]
    Mechanics: (1d20+9)[29] <-- well if anything was wrong, it ain't now
    Last edited by MintyNinja; 2012-07-22 at 05:42 AM.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Ballista's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dark Side Hungers IC

    T4-
    The comm connections is rather shaky, you hear portions of speech but it's generally warbled. You assume that their may be some EMP fields interfering with the transmission. Some words are distinct enough to make out though...
    Sabotage...Sith...Droid...Aboard...
    The comm cuts out at this point and only silence meets your attempts to reestablish communications.

    Jek-
    The monitor flashes to life as strings of data begin to dance across the screen. From what you can discern, this drive seems to be functional and other wise untampered with. Not trusting of the instrumentation, you pry open an access panel to the hyperdrive to give a closer inspection. All seemed to be in order, the power reached each different component of the machinery and it gives off a healthy and steady hum. Satisfied with its operation, you begin to close the panel, you spot something on the interior of said access panel. A brown stain covers a majority of the metal plating, you detect a slight metallic scent as you investigated further.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dark Side Hungers IC

    "Hey, T4? Can you come here a second? I have no idea what this stuff is, maybe you'll be able to recognize it," Jek called to the droid. He was glad the hyperdrive was fine, seemed to be a perfect example of said device. But the substance... with the new information regarding sabotage, this could be very important. Leaning closer, Jek tries to inspect further, hoping the smell would trigger a memory.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20)[8]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •