New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Switching Roles - Entaros Tazadaar

Spoiler
    Show
    Character sheet and Interview for ease of reference

Early into this cold, damp day of autumn, Entaros gets near the entrance to the city of Hammersburg. The two city guards are standing on each side of the entrance, questioning those who are about to enter the city.

After about ten minutes, it finally is the soulknife's turn. One of the guards, a dark-skinned, middle-aged human sporting a thick mustache, while barely looking at him, asks him the usual, while the other waits the answers to write them in a large leather bound book:

How are you named, where are you from, and why do you come to our splendid city?

2. - Top - End - #2

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Switching Roles - Entaros Tazadaar

Entaros looks at him quizzically.

I am Entaros Tazadaar. I am from a place I do not remember. I came here to rest. By the way, what is this nations capital and where is it? Furthermore, what is YOUR name, where are YOU from, and what are YOU doing interrogating people?

3. - Top - End - #3

The middle-aged guard raises an eyebrow, and addresses his coworker:

"Look, Stormwell, another lunatic."

Then, back to Entaros:

"Three things: first, no one comes in here without telling us where they come from, and if you are so messed up in the head that you can't remember where that is, then we don't want you in Hammersburg; second, I'm the one asking the questions here, and you're the one answering them; third, I don't really like the kind of attitude you have. Stormwell, can you write next to his name that we should keep him in check?"

- Oh please Mr. Cliffhopper, he looks like he's injured or something. Mr. Tazadaar, are you alright? Do you require clerical assistance?

4. - Top - End - #4

SwashbucklerGuy

No. I just have some memory loss. I got whacked on the head or something. I just need to get in here. I need a break from travel. But seriously, is this your capital?

5. - Top - End - #5

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show

The bluff for earlier (1d20+3)[8]

In any case, may I go through now?

6. - Top - End - #6

"I don't trust this guy rookie. And either way, without telling us where you're from, you're not coming in. I don't believe a single part of that head trauma story. Now do you have a better, actually true story, or will you be sleeping in the woods tonight?"
    Last edited by yougi; 2012-07-07 at 03:43 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7

SwashbucklerGuy

Okay, you got me. I was trying to get to my brother. He's been placed in jail for murder and reanimating murder victims. I live in a cabin in the woods west of here. I just want to see my brother one last time before you folk kill him.

(1d20+3)[23]

8. - Top - End - #8

The two guards' attitude goes in a second from overt arrogance to shame.

"We're sorry to have bothered you sir. Although, be assured that in Hammersburg, criminals are not murdered. Please have a pleasant stay."

As you go forward, you can clearly hear one of the guards asking the other: "Have you heard of this necromancer? Such heinous, reprehensible crime!" "No, I haven't, it must have happened in some neighboring cities. I didn't know we had such a powerful spellcaster in our jails."

9. - Top - End - #9

SwashbucklerGuy

As Entaros wanders the city, he searches for a tavern, or some other place advertising jobs.

Spoiler
    Show

Search check (1d20+3)[13]

10. - Top - End - #10

Spoiler
    Show
    There are three taverns in the city:
    The Dragon's horn is one for merchants and nobles, the higher tier of people
    Last Whispers is one for the average people, some militia men or honest workers
    The Boar's Tongue is the place where the low of the low hang out

In terms of jobs, it depends on the kind of employer you're looking for.

11. - Top - End - #11

SwashbucklerGuy

Entaros enters the Last Whisper, walking confidently up to the counter.

A stout mug of ale, and a room for the night, bartender, if it is convenient., Entaros says to the bartender as he puts down a gold coin. Also, do you know of anyone in here looking for employees, possibly dangerous work, still legal, that sort of thing?

12. - Top - End - #12

"Room for the night, sure sir, and Hope, bring the man some ale."

As a young lady brings Entaros his ale, the bartender tells him what he knows: "Yes, without a doubt. Many merchants at the market will be leaving soon for other cities and are looking for some muscle to make sure nothing happens to their stock. If you're not the traveling type, I heard Captain Strongarm was hiring some men to send to a small hamlet right next to the sea, where they apparently have some trouble with boats not getting to port when planned."

13. - Top - End - #13

SwashbucklerGuy

Entaros drinks his ale and stays the night at the Last Whisper, then awakens in the morning to visit Captain Strongarm about possible employment.

14. - Top - End - #14

In the morning, when he arrives at the training field, Entaros spots Captain Strongarm easily, leading rookie practice. Quickly, two veteran militiamen come to meet him:

"Can we help you? Are you here to sign up for the militia, or maybe have you heard of the mission to Highshore and would like to join these men?"

15. - Top - End - #15

SwashbucklerGuy

Good sirs, I seek to join the mission to Highshore. By the way, what is the capital of this nation?

16. - Top - End - #16

"For the mission, you'll have to join this group over there until Captain Strongarm can brief you." He points to a group of four individuals: a half-elf, two dwarves and a broad shouldered human. "Morning practice is almost over, it shouldn't take much longer until he meets you. And for your information, Centerworld has no such thing as a capital: it has 6 Free Cities, and alternate every two years to know where the Council will be held. This year, I think it's in Vertburg," says the first one, before the second guard corrects him: "Nah, Riversend."

17. - Top - End - #17

SwashbucklerGuy

Entaros moves over to the group he was told to join.

So what's going on?

18. - Top - End - #18

"Hello fella, here to liberate Highshore too?," asks the half-elf. "I'm Jamlamin Stalkingwolf. Here are the rest of the team, Edithas Stoutminer, Panamros Warstone and Quoven Urthadar. Do you have any information on what we're up against?

Spoiler
    Show
    More in depth description:
    - Jamlamin: Half-elf, redhead, green eyes, wears a studded leather armor, leaning on a quarterstaff
    - Edithas: Dwarf, salt and pepper hair and short beard, has a Dwarven waraxe strapped to his back, in studded leather.
    - Panamros: Dwarf, dark brown hair and long braided beard, also has a waraxe strapped to his back with a shield, wears a scale mail
    - Quoven: the large human, chrome dome, brown eyes, in a breastplate and has a greatsword in his hands.

19. - Top - End - #19

SwashbucklerGuy

Entaros raises his eyebrows.
    Nope. I didn't even know we were liberating anything. I just need some money.

What are we liberating it from?
    Last edited by rorikdude12; 2012-07-09 at 02:08 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20

"Need some money? Don't we all!" says Warstone.

"From what I've understood, about half of the ships that were supposed to get there haven't. It's been seriously compromising the economy of this place."

21. - Top - End - #21

SwashbucklerGuy

Interesting. So what are we to do?

22. - Top - End - #22

Before anyone can answer, Captain Strongarm, a large, 6'5 man who must weigh close to 300 pounds, not much of which is fat, comes and addresses the bunch: "So you are the men who are to investigate that problem at Highshore? Excellent! Now the problem is that some boats which were scheduled to arrive to the city never quite made it there. The town has a militia of its own, but it is busy with a few lizardmen who are stirring up some trouble. Anyway, you are to leave for there at noon today, in which case you will get to Highshore tomorrow in the early afternoon, where you are to be debriefed by Sergeant Luln Stiffclub. If you solve this problem, the pay is of 200gp per head. Also, there's a merchant who is leaving for Highshore today, and asked for some extra guards to protect his caravan, if you take him up on it, he might add his own coin to that pay. Questions?"

23. - Top - End - #23

SwashbucklerGuy

Entaros holds up his hand in salute.

Sir, I signed up for a fight. I didn't know we were to be detectives. I'm not too good at that.
    Last edited by rorikdude12; 2012-07-09 at 01:50 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24

"Well, that would be your choice lad," he says, and keeps on briefing them as you walk away.

25. - Top - End - #25

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I didn't walk away. Don't godmod me.

Entaros continues to listen to the briefing. When it is over, he heads to sign up for the caravan trip.
    Last edited by rorikdude12; 2012-07-09 at 04:01 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, you're right, my mistake. The briefing was over if there were no questions though.

When you get to the Market and ask around, you are directed to a large Caravan, where a smiling, heavy man in a brown silk outfit comes to you:

"Hello there, are you looking for something in particular or just looking around?

27. - Top - End - #27

SwashbucklerGuy

Hello, good sir. My name is Entaros Tazadaar, and I came for the job of guarding your caravan on its way to Highshore.

Entaros attempts a handshake.

28. - Top - End - #28

Hello Mr. Tazadaar! My name's Meldar Redcloth. Happy to know we'll be counting on you for the trip to Highshore. Are you alone or coming with a party? Do you plan on staying in Highshore or will you be following us around?

29. - Top - End - #29

SwashbucklerGuy

Unfortunately I will be staying in Highshore, Mr. Redcloth. I am alone, but I can guard you on your way until we reach Highshore, provided there is monetary compensation.
    Last edited by rorikdude12; 2012-07-09 at 09:36 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30

The way to Highshore is about 12 days from here. I'm offering 20gp a day, plus 100gp for each combat event we'd run into. What would you say about that?
    Last edited by yougi; 2012-07-09 at 09:46 PM.