New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Dark Side Hungers IC

Jek-
    The thought hits you square in the head; it's dried blood.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't know how I didn't think of that...

"Nevermind, I figured it out," said Jek. "How are we on comms?" He replaced the panel and walked back to the droid. As he walked, he tapped his concealed blaster to remind himself of its presence and weight.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Kot looks less than impressed, but it's hard to tell anything from the unmoving face. "Typical force user then." He types something into the datapad quickly and leans back. "What are your connections to the Republic? Why is your signature in the force different from others that we have encountered?"
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show
    All the games I played in died

Player Profile at the Registry

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"I have no connections to the Republic and have little information on who or what they are." She says calmly. "I do not know what you mean by 'Force' so I can't say why I appear different to you."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Soga comes out of his trance to find the woman from before is gone.

That's not good. I hope they aren't doing anything to her.

Even as he thought that, he knew it was unlikely. He had learned the past few months not to trust the Sith. Their tactics in the courts were brutal... not to mention his abduction. Still if there was anything he could do for her, or anything he could learn from her, he'd best try.

Information is the best weapon, indeed.

As he drops again into a trance, Soga wonders how he could possibly escape this place without betraying the Jedi.

May the Force be with me...

Spoiler
    Show
    Action: Farseeing
    Target: the woman from the other cell
    Use the Force: (1d20+11)[19]
    Special: if successful use a force point for knowledge of surroundings
    Last edited by lothlirial; 2012-07-22 at 07:00 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

"More bad news. My internal comm isn't receiving a strong signal, most likely due to EMP fields interfering with the transmission. I recommend we move to another deck in hopes of receiving a stronger signal. Also, your comm might provide a stronger signal than my internal one, so perhaps we should give that a try. However, I don't have high hopes for that working either... I really should be able to reestablish communications here, but I can't... something must be very wrong...

In any case, it seems the boss has already been informed of some sort of saboteur on board... which certainly doesn't bode well. I couldn't hear him properly, but he mentioned something about the sith, and droid... don't know where he was going with that. I have a very bad feeling about all of this. What is the status of the other hyperdrives?"

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Other Hyperdrive is fine. Mechanically, anyways. There's a bloodstain inside the panel, and I do not like how this is looking," Jek said to the droid. "I'll give my comlink a shot, but you're right, we should get to another deck. Lead the way." While walking Jek tries his own comlink, disregarding the scrambler and tried to access any of Daedalus' channels. He also types out a quick message to his SpyNet contact, using the pocket scrambler: <Trouble on Daedalus. Disappearances and sabotage. Is this sanctioned? Do I stay?>

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Jek-
    From your location in the chamber, all attempts to reach local comm channels are met with static and silence. Your message disappears as you send it through , but you're unaware if the data actually made it through.

Jek & T4-
    Walking to the door, you stop a good distance from the gate as it slides open slowly without any input from either of you. A figure is seen in the hallway leading to the chamber, his silhouette is shrouded in darkness as the lights in said hall are no longer functioning. The figure steps forward onto the catwalk, his features being revealed by the slight illumination from below you. A stocky man, possibly a soldier from his musculature; he has a human face, with a completely shaven scalp. Though only one things sticks to your mind, half his face has been blown apart, leaving his brain matter exposed to the air and only the left portion of his head remains intact. Sprouting from inside his cranium are several wires that twist and meander about his neck and disappear behind him. He stops in the doorway for the moment, not taking any further steps toward you.

T4-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Years of being around so many biologicals have made you a bit more sensible towards body language and subtle physical indicators.
    You see a glint of restraint on his face, as if the man was restraining himself or otherwise in great strain.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

"Oh. Hello. I must say, I've met some sinister looking characters before, but I do believe you take the cake, so to speak. You really exude that 'I will destroy you and every evidence you ever existed' kind of vibe."

"I assume you are the saboteur, then? and the source of these disappearances? I can't imagine why it is you appear so hesitant to do us in... I can clearly see the strain in your facial expression."
    (Yes, Jek, I am 97.3% certain. My experiences tell me he is either exhibiting extreme self control, carrying something very heavy, or having a particularly difficult time expelling solid waste. I highly doubt the later two are the case in this instance, which led me to the aforementioned conclusion.)

"Honestly, I wish you would just get it over with. I suppose you intend to push us off of the catwalk into the void? That doesn't seem like such a bad way to go. Unfortunately, my programming ensures that I do everything in my power to protect myself and my allies, so I expect I shall have to suffer a while before I meet my end. How dreadfully unsurprising."

10. - Top - End - #40

NecromancerGuy

Kot frowns, "How does one of little knowledge of the Republic? Before the arrival of the Sith, they were the dominant power in the galaxy." He leans forward in his chair. "And do not deny being a force user. A Sith has confirmed that you are one and I have no reason to doubt him. I will warn you one last time, regardless of your faith in this Current, I have no doubt that pain can bring you round soon enough. No more lies."
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"It isn't lies. I know OF the Republic, but if you desire specific information on them I can't provide it as I'm not a member of them." She says with a calm shrug as if they were talking casually as opposed to her being threatened. "And I dislike the use of force, I'm a pacifist so I'm not sure why they would say I use force." She says in a pondering tone as if trying to figure out why they would say that. "And I'm not denying you could inflict pain, merely was commenting that if I was already fated to be in pain then no matter what I told you I would be. We are all but servants to the Currents of fate."

12. - Top - End - #42

NecromancerGuy

Kot sighs as he feels a headache starting to build up. "Well in that case, there's really no reason for you to even be here, now is there? Come on now, let's get those cuffs off you and get you out of here." Kot stands and walks around the table, bending to take off the cuffs, before backhanding the woman in the chair hard enough to knock her out of it. Kneeling next to the woman, he growls quietly, "being smart or clever will not help you in here. Remember that for when I next bring you in here."

He roughly hauls her up and pushes her out the door. He opens the force cage that is her cell and shoves her in. Activating the cage door, he turns to the other prisoner, the Miraluka. "Now then. Looks like it's your turn." He chuckles deep and low. "For now."
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

A frown had crossed the woman's face as she hadn't trusted him, but the backhand was a surprise. As she is thrown in the cage she tries her best to gracefully pick herself back up and move to the spot she'd been sitting in before the interrogation while mumbling something about men with tiny parts and their compensating.
    Last edited by Major; 2012-07-23 at 02:18 AM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Alarm bells were going off in Jek's head at the sight of the visitor. What T4 had to say really did not alleviate that tension. It, in fact, had inspired him to take action. In a rapid motion he had his blaster in hand and less then a second later he had fired upon the monstrous man. "Shoot first, apologize later," he said quickly to T4 as he edged closer to his target.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift Action: Quick Draw Blaster from Concealed Holster.
    Standard Action: AC (1d20+4)[9] + Force Point (1d6)[5], (3d6+1)[14] Energy damage.
    Move Action: Move so as to be further from the edge, and only 2 squares closer to the enemy.

If I hit and he's denied his Dex bonus because of Surprise round, move him -1 along condition track.
    Last edited by MintyNinja; 2012-07-23 at 02:57 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

Jek-
    Your blaster bolt flies straight and ture, striking the man in the chest, smoke billows from the point of impact as he reels back from the force of the blast. As the grey steam dissipates, a stench of burning flesh fills the air. The figure recovers himself, a massive burn, red ans blistering swathes over most of his upper body.

Jek & T4-
    You hear a voice, a whisper at best.
    Please... help me.

Spoiler
    Show
    Note: Use the map as a reference to where you are, should be the third sheet of the doc.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Jek's left hand dives into his Tool Kit and resurfaces with one of his Ion Grenades. He's about to throw it when he hears the voice and instead asks, "What do I get if I do? And what kind of help?" His arm is still poised to use the grenade, but there may be a chance to profit here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift Action: Unused
    Move Action: Draw the Ion Grenade. (Quick draw negates penalty for concealment)

Readied Standard Action: IF he moves 2 squares closer, OR draws a weapon, OR takes an aggressive action: Jek throws the grenade at him (I'll roll it when needed). ALSO, if he says, "Kill me" or "Please die" Jek will throw the grenade at him (only so much tension a man can take).

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Jek & T4-
    The man is still frozen in place, his one remaining eye darts from Jek to the droid and to the hyperdrive cores. From the irapid eye movement you can tell that he is either in shock or simply terrified.
    Run... I can't keep it in check for much longer...
    Right at the end of his sentence, his eye freezes and shifts to focus on Jek. He approaches you, dragging one of his feet at an odd angle as he slowly makes his way toward the Bothan.

Jek-
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can make that attack now if you want.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Wrong answer." A press of a button and a light toss send an armed ion grenade his way. Jek only hoped that the freak had something in his pockets after.
    Spoiler
    Show

AC (1d20+4)[18] Aiming for M29-N30
    Ion Damage: (4d6+1)[18] (I think that's a x2 for a cybernetic enemy)
    Last edited by MintyNinja; 2012-07-24 at 04:31 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49

NecromancerGuy

"Right then, up you go," Kot growls as he lifts the Miraluka up by the scruff of his neck. He makes certain his cuffs are secure and then moves him to the interrogation room. "Now I'll ask you the same thing I asked the other. Identify yourself and your purpose on this ship."
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

T4-
    You notice little else of the man than you've already seen. He seems to have sustained far more damage than any biological can live through and in fact should be dead much less move around in his condition.

Jek-
    The cylindrical ion grenade soars through the air, and hits the catwalk several feet away from the man. An explosion of pure white erupts from beneath your target's feet, blinding you for at least a split second. As soon as it began, the flash receded, leaving a limp figure on the floor, blood oozing from his wounds and sparks erupting from the wiring.

Kot-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Make a spot Perception check as you pass the interrogation chambers.

The lights have activated in the other chamber across from the one you have been working in, most likely in conjunction with a sterilizing process that cleans the rooms after use. Within the room, you see pools of a red liquid on the floor draining down several grates. The white paneled walls are also smeared with what appears to be the same substance. Most of it has been cleared off by the ultraviolet emitters several seconds later.

Last edited by Ballista; 2012-07-24 at 06:06 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

Jek-
    You run up to the body and confirm that there is no pulse; though his head is still oozing grey matter and ichor. He only wears a simple standard issue rec uniform consisting of a white short-sleeved shirt and a pair of black sweat pants. In his pocket you find a datapad, it's screen is completely shattered and bits of circuitry fall out as you remove it from the man's pocket.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Jek holsters his blaster once he's sure the man won't be getting up. <"Well... that was easy,"> he mumbled to himself in Bothese. He turns to the droid and in Basic he says, "T4, could you try the comlink again? I think the ion grenade might have been a bit overkill." He discards the datapad and instead pokes around the fried wiring that was in the man's head.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mechanics: (1d20+9)[25]
    Use Computer: (1d20+9)[12]
    Knowledge (Tech): (1d20+9)[12]

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Hmm, they didn't tell you? The Sith had me captured. You can ask them about my purpose on this ship. They had me jumped on Manaan and next thing I know I'm waking up dizzy headed in that force cage." Soga nods towards the door. "They clearly don't trust you. Don't you ever wonder why? The Sith way is nothing but deceit and trickery, and everyone involved loses. Everyone. Can't you see how they control you, even now. Turn away from this dark path and save yourself before they turn on you."

"Anyway, I'm Soga Kortass." Soga's lips purse as he pauses, "They did tell you that, right?"

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

Jek-
    You can see that the most of the cybernetics have managed to inegrate into the man's brain, though apart from keeping him alive, you can't tell what further purpose it may have. The cords and wires that are interfaced with his brain slither around to his back. You flip the body over and you see something particularly strange as something seems to be attached to the extent of the corpse's back. It protrudes obtrusively from under the shirt.

25. - Top - End - #55

NecromancerGuy

"Spare the platitudes. Who do you think trained the troopers who took you? " Just as the question leaves his mouth, Kot notices something off with the room across the hall. He pauses and glances back at the prisoner, then stands. "Stay in place prisoner," he commands before backing out of the interrogation cell and locking it behind him.

He quietly moves next to the window and looks in.
    Spoiler
    Show

Perception to see anything unusual inside:
    (1d20)[13]
    Spoiler
    Show
    If Kot doesn't see anything inside, he will open the door and make another Perception check from the doorway.
    (1d20)[16]
    Last edited by Down Comforter; 2012-07-24 at 07:16 PM.
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

Kot-
    The lights have turned off at this point so you punch in the pass code in the nearby terminal, activating the fluorescent lights in the room.. The doors unlock and slide halfway open before you hear a soft crunch and the door comes to a sudden halt.
    From the window, you see that the room is identical to the other except for the faint pink smears that stain the walls of the otherwise sterile room.

27. - Top - End - #57

NecromancerGuy

Not liking the way things were going, Kot slowly draws his sword. Every Mandalorian has a Plan B.

He activates his earbud comlink and whispers into it, "I need a tech at the cell block, I have a broken door and decon unit... send a trooper too." With that, he peers around the door, trying to find the source of the crunch.
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

Kot-
    You hear static as you attempt to contact the local officer, maybe the prison block scrambles transmissions? Either way you doubt your request went through.
    At first you thought it was simply a pile of discarded rags, hidden in the corner where the wall meets the door frame but you soon come to your senses and you realize that a corpse has been jammed between the door and the frame. Its limbs are bent at odd angles and you can see hints of bone jutting out of the joints, blood oozing from a plethora of wounds that cover the exposed flesh you see.

29. - Top - End - #59

NecromancerGuy

Kot's hand tenses on his blade as he examines the body and his comlink fills with static. "This is not good." He looks for some form of identification on the body, using his sword to pull it closer if needed. He doesn't much want to get locked into an interrogation cell.
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

T4 looks on awkwardly over Jek's shoulder as he picks through the remains of the creature that moments before loomed before them.

"I told you before that I was unable to establish a connection here, I see no reason to attempt something that will all but certainly meet with failure. I believe our best course of action at this point would be to return to the bridge ourselves, and deliver the message to a superior officer in person. Not that it will be of any use... we are surely doomed either way. First though, I would like to make a more careful investigation of these cybernetics. Very curious indeed."

He wheels forward slightly to get a better look.

"Now what in the creator's name is this?"

Examining the cybernetic protrusion on the man's back.
    Perception: (1d20+8)[17]
    Mechanics: taking 10, +10 = 20.
    Knowledge (tech): again, taking 10, +10 = 20.