New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: The Dark Side Hungers IC

Ovelia shrugs and starts looking for her things as well, being quiet for now. She didn't have much and she doubted she'd be able to carry her things easily without taking out the stretcher. Still she chose not to mention that.

A part of her wished she knew what the Jedi's equipment looked like to make an illusion of it, but sadly she didn't know and couldn't test his mind.

Perception: (1d20+8)[15]

2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

"As I expected... Completely pointless."

T4 scoots back from the door, heaves a sigh [ooh, that was a good one] and re-evaluates the situation.

Perception check: take 10, +8 = 18.
    Looking for a hinge I could break or weld through, emergency exit roof panel we could take off, etc...
    Last edited by thechosen2nd; 2012-07-28 at 09:58 AM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Orc in the Playground

Ovelia-
    Though you find nothing of value in your current hall, you peer into the doorway leading to the next room. Through the relative darkness, you can see several panels along the wall.

T4-
    The crowbar sinks easily into the seam of the doors; though as you push on the handle, it refuses to budge. In the end, you give up before your actuators snap in half. The crowbar is firmly wedged into the door now and will be difficult to remove.
    You see an access panel on the roof which you should be able to breach... if it wasn't about 15 feet above you. The turbolift gates do not possess hinges and will not be breached through sheer physical strength.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Soga, not having any luck searching, calls to Ovelia, "I can't find our stuff around here. Found anything over there, Ovelia?"

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Right, well here's my idea, and remember, I said you won't like it," Jek says as T4 gives up. "If we can connect you to the control panel, maybe you could interface with the doors and lend enough power to open them. There are some risks, but they're all on you. What do you say?" He's leaning against a corner of the lift, trying to stay calm. There have been a few bad situations in the past, but normally he knew what he was up against. This was different. This was tense.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Ovelia points at the panels while staying in the room. "I think your lightsaber is over there." She states not wanting to go out in the dark hall first.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

"You were right... I don't like it. Although it's beginning to look as though it might come to that. However, before I allow you to dive elbow deep into my inner workings and hook me up to some blinking door, I hope you don't mind if I make one final check to make sure that it is our only option. I'm sure you wouldn't volunteer for open heart surgery in a malfunctioning elevator without thoroughly exploring every other alternative. For example, perhaps a few power packs for a blaster would provide sufficient power to open the door, if we could jury-rig up a way to tap into the power safely. Or maybe my electroshock probe could deliver a brief power surge to open the door. Although I doubt either option will work..."

T4 connects his scomp link to the elevator's access panel to try to hack into the ship's computer and increase power to the door. [If that is at all possible. I figure if R2D2 can shut down a trash compactor from the other side of the death star, this should be doable.]

Mechanics: (1d20+10)[24]
    Use Computer: (1d20+10)[15]

Also, take 10 +10= 20 on knowledge checks to see if either of those ideas might work/ how to potentially go about them.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Alright." Soga walks over to the panels and begins sliding them open, one at a time. While doing this he listens carefully for any more sounds around the ship.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception (Listening) if necessary: (1d20+8)[16]

9. - Top - End - #129
    Orc in the Playground

T4-
    Your scomp link fits easily into the maintenance port and you rotate it in an attempt to access the computer mainframe. You don't seem to be getting any response though, it seems that the network has locked down completely. The entire ship wide network has restricted access to all energy control and it seems doubtful you would have the ability to penetrate its defenses.
    Retracting the probe, your processors whir a bit before you seem to recall a piece of information regarding turbolifts. The doors are deceptively thin, only several centimeters thick; perhaps an arcwelder could cut through.

Soga-
    You hear a murmuring, but you can't discern what was said, though you can tell it was coming from the far away.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

After some deliberation and muttering, T4 pulls his scomp link back and slouches dejectedly.

"Well, I can't pretend I didn't see that one coming. I have another idea though: I bet we could get through this door with arc welders. If you have one, you can start on one side, and I'll start over here. It may take a while, but we should be able to cut through this door eventually."

Taking 10+10=20 on mechanics check if necessary.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Yeah, that sounds better than my idea," Jek conceded. "I'll take this side." He pulled his arc welder from his tool kit and started on the left, making sure to burn a hole tall enough for him to climb through.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mechanics: (1d20+9)[19] If needed.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Orc in the Playground

Jek & T4-
    The arc welders cut easily through the elevator door, you create an outline of a 5 foot by 5 foot square that will act as your escape. The metal you cut around sits precariously on the frame you have made and will fall out with the slightest push, though you know this would create a rather ruckus and will probably attract unwanted attention.

Soga-
    Behind the panels are several locker doors. As you attempt to slide the handle to open it, your hand catches as the handle refuses to budge any further. The locker is sealed shut. You try this with the other two remaining panels, all yield the same result.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Once a portal has been made, Jek draws his blaster and kicks the panels away. He jumps through the hole and immediately moves left as stealthily as possible. He couldn't stand to be trapped in that lift for any longer and he hoped T4 wouldn't get hurt for his rash actions.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth: (1d20+9)[28]

14. - Top - End - #134
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Looks like this may be our stuff," Soga shouts back at Ovelia. Turning to the Mandalorian, he asks, "Sir, would you please assist us in opening these lockboxes? Perhaps you have a blaster on hand?"
    Last edited by lothlirial; 2012-07-29 at 01:06 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"I have no weapon on me aside from my beskad. My weapon remains in my quarters, as this degree of... frustration, was not anticipated." The Taung glances up and down the dark hallway, missing his helmet and weapon, "If they are sealed like the rooms, we may be able to force them." He moves to the first locker, "On my signal, push as I pull.... now."

Spoiler
    Show
    Strength check to force the locker
    (1d20+1)[10]
    Last edited by Down Comforter; 2012-07-29 at 01:58 PM.
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show
    All the games I played in died

Player Profile at the Registry

16. - Top - End - #136
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Soga grunts as he throws his body into pushing where instructed.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[12]

17. - Top - End - #137
    Orc in the Playground

Kot & Soga-
    The locker doors doesn't seem to open, you can see that it warps as you pull on the door but it refuses to break. In one final attempt, Soga yanks on the handle and the lock gives, throwing the jedi on his back.

Jek-
    The chunk of durasteel pops out from the frame and falls outward into the adjacent room with a thunderous Thud. You jump out from the turbolift, tumbling to the left, adopting a crouched stance as you blend into the shadows of the dimly lit room

Kot, Ovelia & Soga-
    You here a crash from down the hallway, the opposite direction of the interrogation rooms.

18. - Top - End - #138

NecromancerGuy

"Grab your things and get into the room. There is something out there." Kot whispers quickly. He slinks against into the darkness and watches in the direction of the crash, blade ready.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth:
    (1d20+9)[12]
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Ovelia looks in the locker and grabs her belt, stun pistol, medisensor, and medpacs. As she attaches her belt she glances at the medical kit and reluctantly picked up the surgery kit with a grunt, "Those are a bit heavy for me and I usually roll them around on the gurney, but not sure that's the best idea with what's going on. So...unless someone wants to carry the medical kit I recommend nobody need medical treatment more than a medpac can administer." She said struggling with carrying the surgery kit.

She turns and follows the mandalorian trying to move stealthily with him without waiting for a reply. If someone could carry it cool, if not well she'd just have to leave it.

Spoiler
    Show

Forgot roll, see ooc
    Last edited by Major; 2012-07-29 at 03:18 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Soga grabs his equipment from the locker. Hastily, he throws on his garments, thankful that most of his equipment was left in the pockets of his ventvest. He slides on his holsters, placing the blaster into its holster.

Finally, Soga grasps his lightsaber hilt and a certain warmth passes over him as he feels his identity restored. He powers it on and slices open the remaining lockers, careful not to damage the contents inside.

Nodding towards Ovelia, "Your equipment, Ma'am," Soga walks quietly over to stand by the Mandalorian. "We're in this together," he whispers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth: (1d20+1)[8]

Spoiler
    Show
    I need to refresh the page before i decide to write a post! Sorry Major.
    Last edited by lothlirial; 2012-07-29 at 04:06 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141

NecromancerGuy

Kot grits his teeth and whispers, "No, we are very much not. Get back inside with that glowstick and the woman."
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"If you truly feel that way, I will. But when that thing attacks, do not expect me to leave you alone to fight it."

Soga walks over to Ovelia, "He is stubborn, but he will likely need our help when whatever is making those noises arrives. Perhaps then we can earn his respect and trust."

23. - Top - End - #143

NecromancerGuy

Kot stands and shouts at Soga "For the love of all is holy, do you not understand the concept of stealth?! I am done!" He lifts his hands to his face and shouts towards where the noise came from. "Please, whatever you are, come down here and kill the idiot with the lightsaber and rid the universe of his stupidity."

With that, he glares once more at Soga and walks back into the cell block.
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Soga scratches his head. I'm clearly not doing a very good job of this. I wish Regis were here to help me now; surely he'd know what to do.

Soga sighs. There is still something out there, he thinks. The Mandalorian will have to wait. He scans the room in front of him and listens carefully, not wanting to be unprepared for the the attacker, and rests his finger on the power button of his lightsaber, ready to turn it on at the slightest disturbance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+8)[17]

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

T4 silently maneuvers himself into the room, staying behind Jek as he surveys the area.

Spoiler
    Show

Stealth: (1d20+9)[13]
    Perception: (1d20+8)[26]
    T4 has darkvision

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

The Bothan mechanic gestures to the droid to keep close, but silent as he moves further along the wall. As T4 follows him, Jek silently looks around the shadows, his blaster out and ready.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20)[14]

27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground

T4 & Jek-
    The two of you step into an area that seems to be sunken into the floor, from what you can see, there are two other turbolifts, one to the left as well as another to the right.
    You walk slowly away from turbolift and climb the short set of stairs leading to a higher platform. The raised floor slits into two separate halls, you travel down the left most corridor slowly and stealthily, listening for an abnormalities and searching for motion. You both hear a distinct chatter from further down the hall as well as a brief flash of green light.

T4-
    You see a man standing further down the hall as well as another humanoid walking across the hall to the right, away from the other person.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Green... What could that possibly be?! Jek thinks to himself as he stops moving. He ponders a bit about his situation: first the power fluctuates while he's in a remote area of the ship, then some sort of half dead cyborg shows up and is dealt with, and then the power is cut once he got in the turbo lift. It looked like the Daedalus is under attack, but from a stealth team of some sort.

He risks a whisper to T4, the closest thing to an ally he had on this massive death trap, "Seems like we have company. I don't know if we can reach the bridge from here and I really think it's past time we get off this ship. We should deal with these sleemo first, then look for an unoccupied hangar. You with me?"

29. - Top - End - #149
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

T4 is happy to interpret Jek's desire to leave the ship as an override of his programmed priority to report the sabotage to the boss. After all, Jek is in the employ of the Sith, so T4 to some extent must do what Jek says.

T4 lowers his vocabulator to the minimum audible level for Jek and responds:
    "Indeed, I would very much like to evacuate this stupid hunk of metal. Although we have no reason to assume that these creatures in front of us are hostile to us, given my luck, it is almost a given. Using my superior eyesight in the dim light compared to your species, I can see two humanoid individuals at the end of the hall, one walking away to the right. It doesn't appear they have spotted us yet. How do you wish to proceed?"
    Last edited by thechosen2nd; 2012-07-29 at 06:09 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Hmm... I'm not sure," Jek whispers as he takes a moment to think. "Let's avoid them for now. We have no idea where we are, so let's keep going this way a bit longer. Once we know where we are in the ship, we'll have a better idea of who we're with." With that Jek continues along the left most hallway.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I assume our Stealth rolls are still valid, right?
    Last edited by MintyNinja; 2012-07-29 at 06:16 PM.