New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

[3D&D] Diablo: To Hell and Back

1) Stash
    2) Camp Fire (northern part near stash - Warriv can be found; southern part - Kashya)
    3) Akara's Hut
    4) Smithy
    5) Gheed
    6) Waypoint

Welcome to the Rogue Encampment. Once there was a great citadel, a Monastery of the Sightless Eye, guarding the gates to the mysterious East. The Sisterhood of the Sightless Eye held the citadel for generations, serving as a bastion for women who sought to forge their own destiny. Now most of the Sisterhood's deadly fighting force is dead or scattered through the surrounding wilderness. This encampment remains, a last center for resistance against evil, holding out behind rickety wooden palisades. Rude huts shelter the Sisters who are permanent residents. Tents shelter the traders who stop here on their way East. A stream flows along the east side of the camp. Here and there, heavy traffic has worn muddy tracks in the grass. Archers stand guard at the gate and at strategic points throughout the camp.
    As you finish putting your chest on the wagon (remember you can keep any amount of gold in them without filling up the 150 Lbs. for other items) Warriv; a man in loose, desert clothing and a turban; beckons you over to him and he says:

"Well met, noble Paladin and friends. It's been a while since I have seen any of your kind in the west. It would be an honor to aid you in any way that i can.
    I've been leading my trade caravans across the eastern desert for more than 20 years now. Bandits and outlaws have attacked me more times than I can remember. But never when a Paladin accompanied me. Yes sir, your Order has saved me from losing a small fortune over the years. I just hope you can discover what's going on around here and get the Gates to the East open.
    No doubt you've heard about the tragedy that befell the town of Tristram. Some say that Diablo, the Lord of Terror, walks the world again. I don't know if I believe that, but a Dark Wanderer did travel this route a few weeks ago. He headed east to the mountain pass guarded by the Rogue Monastery.
    Maybe it's nothing, but evil seems to have trailed in his wake. You see, shortly after the Wanderer went through, the Monastery's Gates to the pass closed and strange creatures began ravaging the countryside. Until it's safer outside the camp and the gates re-open, I'll remain here with my caravan.
    I hope to leave for Lut Gholein before the shadow that fell over Tristram consumes us all. If you're still alive then, I'll take you along. You should talk to Akara too. She seems to be the leader of this camp. Maybe she can tell you more."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: [3D&D] Diablo: To Hell and Back

Nero was standing near Paladin and heard everything, but now he wanted to know what was really going on here so he decided to look around and talk to some other refugees, he heard a name Akara - whom he didn't know but he saw a hut nearby so he decided to ask where he can find Akara and left the group.

He knocked at the doorway and entered the hut, looking around and asked if he found someone inside:

"Hello, my name is Nero, me and my friends, we came here with a caravan and know we are looking for Akara, Warriv told us that she might know more about what is going on here..."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Rude walls grant this simple hut more privacy than other areas of the camp. A woman wearing a hooded purple cloak over a purple gown paces restlessly outside the hut. She is Akara, priestess of the Order and leader of this camp. She seems to lost in thought to hear anything the necromancer might say.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

Nero didn't know how to react - he also didn't want to push but the time was always not on his side so he just came closer to a woman and repeated.

-Hello, my name is Nero, me and my friends, we came here to help.. You must be Akara? Warriv told us that you might know more about what is going on here...

Nero also was waiting for other members of his group so they can hear the story.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

(i'm also waiting on the other members)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

Odis the Paladin gave Warriv a nod of appreciation. Glancing around the camp, he took note of the smithy near the edge of the camp. Perhaps he could make some use of it in the near future. He then noticed Nero slip into one of the huts and followed after him to see what the necromancer had found.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Before i forget...

Spoiler
    Show
    Badger: Card #11, 44, 95, 110
    Crow: #20, 62, 113, 156
    1K: #24, 30, 107, 125
    Scholar: #46, 49, 96, 112

EDIT:
    You can play and and all you want from your hand if you think it will help you or the group. It's only during Encounters that you have to play to a Pool and then can use them.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tien walks alongside Odis. She's entirely able to take the hint that Warriv wants her group to do something serious here, and that Akara holds the cards to getting it done, so she's not surprised when the group goes straight to Akara.

She hopes Akara is just busy, and not intentionally ignoring Nero. If she's good enough, she's doing the second and making it look like the first. And here she'd hoped that adventuring like this would leave behind such subtleties. The pause gives her a few seconds to think this through. Women in charge, no need to be impolite to Akara. A short time after Nero is done speaking, Tien says in a soft voice

"Nero, do please remember that Akara here doubtless has much to do, ordering her own forces in this fight. We should pay her proper respect, and let her decide when she wants to draw on our fighting ability."

She tries to make the pause after her words significant, and tries to pay close attention to Akara's reaction to her implications.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

As the Group (i'm just assuming everyone is there now) got by Akara a Rogue scout talked to her letting her know something in secret and she nodded in response, the rogue scout then left.

Akara turned around hearing Nero talking to her but once she saw Tien she lightly smiled and said:

"Greetings, young sorceress. It is good to see more of your kind at work in the world these dark days. In my opinion, the world needs more women to fight against the great shadow. But i am forgetting my manners..."

She then said to the whole group:

"I am Akara, High Priestess of the Sisterhood of the Sightless Eye. I welcome you travelers, to our exile camp, but i'm afraid i can offer you but poor shelter within these rickety walls. You see, our ancient Sisterhood has fallen under a strange curse. The Demoness, Andariel, has corrupted the mighty Citadel from which we have guarded the gates to the East for generations. I still can't believe it... but she turned many of our sister Rogues against us and drove us from our ancestral home. Now the last defenders of the Sisterhood are either dead or scattered. I implore you, strangers: Please help us. Find a way to lift this terrible curse and we will pledge our loyalty to you for all time."

EDIT:
    Akara then continued to speak:

"A place of great evil exists in the wilderness. Kashya's Rogue scouts have informed me that a cave nearby is filled with shadowy creatures and horrors from beyond the grave. I fear that these creatures are massing for an attack against our encampment. If you are sincere about helping us, find the dark labyrinth and destroy the foul beasts. I should add that many rogue scouts have died in that horrible place. We cannot afford to lose anymore. If you choose to enter the Den of Evil, you must do so alone. May the Great Eye watch over you."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kork walked forward from the group with his cowl up hideing his features and his robes obsucering his frame. For while he paced forward all could hear a slight wheezing as each thud of the sycthes butt hit the ground. Once he stopped and stood infront of the Priestess, he rasped
    " I will help you at least and so will the rest i belive, but what aid will you give us. Your loyalty is all and good, the shelter is apperciated, but we need more information of this up coming threat. Is ther perhasped a map or another of you who could guide us there."

Spoiler
    Show
    Hows that for my first ever rp post
    Last edited by Scholar23; 2012-09-14 at 09:25 PM.
    III'''MMMMMM BbbbaaaCCCKKKK
    From the worst 6 (or fewer lost count) months of (9)hells

Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar created by GrlumpTheElder

Take a Peek

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Scholar, roll a Charisma check (1d20 + CHA Mod.)

EDIT:
    you need to use the code [roll]XdY+Z[/roll]
    X = Number of dice
    Y = Number of Sides per Die
    Z = Modifier

12. - Top - End - #12

[roll]1d20+3[/roll]
    lets try this agian
    Last edited by Scholar23; 2012-09-14 at 09:31 PM. Reason: unknow coding

Spoiler
    Show

Take a Peek

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

You need to do it in a NEW post, you can't edit with a roll XD

14. - Top - End - #14

oops
    (1d20+2)[5]

Spoiler
    Show

Take a Peek

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Akara glares at Kork and says with what sounds like a disgusting taste in her mouth "Only a reckless Brute would hope for something more physical from us in return. I can heal your wounds once a day (up to 10 HP; this only applies to Kork though, everyone else gets up to 20 HP per day). If you need weapons, go over to our Smithy, Charsi, she will have weapons and armor. Now begone, I have other work that no Brute need concern himself with." With that Akara walks into her hut followed by two rogue scouts, then door is then closed at the moment.

EDIT:
    a few minutes later one of the scouts leaves the hut and roughly hands Kork a crude drawn map showing roughly where everything is, as the rogue hands it to him she says "Pig" then leaves.

(next time warn me if you edit your post)

16. - Top - End - #16

Kork sighing took the map and returned back to the group.
    " Well that could have gone better."

Sorry about that, next time i will pm you, i didn't think you were on since you bubble was blue. also won't be able to post till around 8 or latter, oncegian sorry but i got suckered into help with and art show.
    Last edited by Scholar23; 2012-09-15 at 02:54 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

Take a Peek

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

(no problem but remember to try and keep the OOC chat on here to a Minimum, that is why i created the OOC thread XD also, figure me to be on unless it's been an hour since my last post, and is that 8 AM my time or what?)

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

I think we had enough of information so we can just walk out of the camp and look around - said Nero to Odis, the Paladin - I don't have much things and I'm ready so do others I hope - so we can go as soon as possible - time is always not on our side

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

"I agree that we have little time," said Odis, "but I wish to visit Charsi at the Smithy before we leave. I don't want any us to be trapped in the Den with broken weapons or armor. I have a rudimentary understanding of repair, but I trust this Smith's skills more than mine." He then approached the Smithy to examine the supplies.

20. - Top - End - #20

Kork pondering what he musthave said to upset the pristess fallowed the palliden. Sighing he just gave up the thought to the maddess or a probable attempt to hide how weak they currently were.

Spoiler
    Show

Take a Peek

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

- As you say... Skeletons don't brake... oh... I lied - of course they break but they cannot be repaired - hehe - I don't need a repair if you guys will protect me good! Hehe so just take what you need and catch me up near the exit... - Nero waited for a answer or a nod from a paly and left to the entrance to the camp

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

While most of the group walks over to the blacksmith's shop it smells and looks like a normal shop but there are noticeably fewer tools. The blacksmith Charsi, wears protective leather leggings, gloves, and a full-length apron to protect herself from the sparks of her forge. She keeps her hair in a ponytail.

Charsi stopps forging for a moment as the adventurers head toward her and she says mainly to Kork:

"Wow. You're a Barbarian huh? It's really great to meet you. I've seen a few of your kind around here lately. You know, I've been with the Sisters for as long as I can remember. But Akara told me that my real parents were Barbarians from the northern tribes and that they were killed when i was very young.
    Sometimes I wonder what life would have been like if I had been raised as a Barbarian. I don't know. I love being a blacksmith... but sometimes I just want to get out and explore the world, you know?
    I'm a little jealous... I wish i could go off adventuring with you. Many of our Sisters fought bravely against Diablo when he first attacked Tristram. They came back to us true veterans, bearing some really powerful items. It seems like their victory was short-lived, though... most of them are now corrupted by Andariel...."

Kork takes notices of a rather small wooden crate just underneath the table.

23. - Top - End - #23

"If what they told you was true, we are siblings in a way. If not in blood, but by pact. For all those of the ture north were bond by oath so as to resits the growing corruption when it had begun, but i ramble."
    He sighed and then said
    " Consider yourslef blessed, for when i still lived pround and strong and was stricken by this deformity i found no aid in my brothers. So after various dealings i got back some of my health and was forced to survive by trapping my meals. Which was also the only way i could protect myself for a time. Sadley whe i arrived here i found my old tools lost, perhaps stolen. Now I only have this crude scythe and the close on my back."
    Resigned he began to turn away glancing at the crate under the table.
    Last edited by Scholar23; 2012-09-17 at 07:39 PM. Reason: forgot the crate

Spoiler
    Show

Take a Peek

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Charsi nodded her head understanding but asked:

"See something you like?"

25. - Top - End - #25

"Depends, what is in that crate?" he said

Spoiler
    Show

Take a Peek

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

She went over to the table and lifted it up, the sound of metal clinking could be heard inside, she said:

"I really don't know, but 10 Gold Pieces and it is yours. It's been sitting here for a while now."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ever since Kork spoke, Tien has been wracking her brains trying to think of a good way to fix things, but she's pretty sure keeping her mouth shut is the right thing to do. Only after the others have left does she give a respectful nod to Akara, then follow to Charsi's shop.

The rogue's reaction to Kork has Tien feeling ashamed, but she tries to focus on what is needful. This place has the potential to become a secure base of operations. A temporary one with little security for now. Better security if a swift counter assault is possible. And a solidly loyal ally against corruption if somehow she is able to rise to the challenge of comprehending this curse. Since they may only get one chance to get this initial assault right, it's best to have the men thinking they are properly prepared. So she waits for them to finish buying what they will.

28. - Top - End - #28

"Sure since you don't need it, butfrist what is in it." he said and reached for the top of the crate.
    Last edited by Scholar23; 2012-09-18 at 12:14 PM. Reason: misread

Spoiler
    Show

Take a Peek

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Charsi gave him a death glare as she pulled the crate back and said:

"I have no intention of opening this, so either buy it or not."

30. - Top - End - #30

"Fine, as you wish" he huffed and pulled out the gold.

Spoiler
    Show

Take a Peek