New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion Thread XI: Great Job, You Broke the Scale.

Aaaagh Jukashi needs to return to Keychain! I don't really care about lunar quest...
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion Thread XI: Great Job, You Broke the Scale.

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Aaaagh Jukashi needs to return to Keychain! I don't really care about lunar quest...
    Plenty of people seem to like it. My main problem with it is having to keep updating the thread and having no mechanism to track posts since I last visited.

More to the point, Lunar Quest doesn't require as much drawing as KoC. Remember, the man's got an injured hand.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #483
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    My main problem with it is having to keep updating the thread and having no mechanism to track posts since I last visited.
    I've made an rss feed here using page2rss.
    Exalted avatar remix by Musashi
    Original Avatar by Strawberries
    Character is Kin from Goblins

4. - Top - End - #484
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Selfish.

Keep the good work Jukashi ! Now how to convince my ST to let it fly for me ...
    Youth and strenght alvays lose to age and treachery.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ettin in the Playground

Someone needs to find a cure for tendonitis. That way, everyone wins.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeudo View Post
    Someone needs to find a cure for tendonitis. That way, everyone wins.
    Clearly, we need to teleport Misho to this universe. *nods*

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ettin in the Playground

But if we do that, who'll take his place in KoC?

8. - Top - End - #488
    Troll in the Playground

Beach God, obviously.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ogre in the Playground

But if we do that, who'll take his place in KoC?
    Nonono, we teleport him here to fix Jukashi's pesky tendonitis, then we teleport him back so he can save the world.

Obviously. ^^

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

Could a Devil Tiger Infernal swipe another Infernal Exaltation, imbue it in a Demon of their own & get themselves their very own Exalt, able to use ther Charms? If not, would a Heretical Charm that allowed this (high essence pre-req probably) be workable?

Would/should the new Infernal be able to use the other Yozi's charms which the Devil Tiger has access to?
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2012-08-13 at 08:25 AM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Titan in the Playground

Depends. If the Exaltation is still bound to Lilun, I'd say yes it would be possible. If not, it's not a charm activation but some sort of epic quest.

In any case, I'd say the Infernal cannot learn the Devil Tiger's charmset until the Devil Tiger becomes an actual Primordial, which requires the given Devil Tiger to die, and it's successor to go through the complete tree.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground

Maybe I'm misremembering but, IIRC, a Devil-Tiger can teach their Charms to any Infernal, just as a Primordial could, with the sole difference being that the Charm Set is only opened to that individual Infernal rather than the entire Infernal Host.
    Last edited by Sanguine; 2012-08-13 at 09:48 AM.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Could a Devil Tiger Infernal swipe another Infernal Exaltation, imbue it in a Demon of their own & get themselves their very own Exalt, able to use ther Charms? If not, would a Heretical Charm that allowed this (high essence pre-req probably) be workable?

Would/should the new Infernal be able to use the other Yozi's charms which the Devil Tiger has access to?
    I don't think DTs have first circle devas...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    In any case, I'd say the Infernal cannot learn the Devil Tiger's charmset until the Devil Tiger becomes an actual Primordial, which requires the given Devil Tiger to die, and it's successor to go through the complete tree.
    ...Eh? Where the hell is that said as a way to become a primordial?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine View Post
    Maybe I'm misremembering but, IIRC, a Devil-Tiger can teach their Charms to any Infernal, just as a Primordial could, with the sole difference being that the Charm Set is only opened to that individual Infernal rather than the entire Infernal Host.
    I think DTs can teach Infernals their Charms the same way Exalts require tutors to learn a non-native martial arts style.

Although then we get into "enlightenment" MA Charms, which I've only heard about.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

14. - Top - End - #494
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post

...Eh? Where the hell is that said as a way to become a primordial?

I think DTs can teach Infernals their Charms the same way Exalts require tutors to learn a non-native martial arts style.

Although then we get into "enlightenment" MA Charms, which I've only heard about.
    Triumphant Howl makes you unable to learn cosmic principle. If you die after The Face of the Titans (And Swallowing the Scorpion to be safe) your free Exaltation reincarnates and can learn YOU Cosmic Principle thus making a full Titan of old sort. Their Exaltation would fall off, but meh at that point.
    Many, many thanks to azuyomi244 for the avatar.

15. - Top - End - #495

GnomePirate

Optionally, if You don't feel like dying there is possibility of teaching Bob's Cosmic Principle to a volunteer.

But I doubt there would be support for full Titanic Ascension, no more than there is support for Alchemical City transformation.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, since you can't learn the charm, I'm pretty sure you can teach the charm to anyone else. Becoming a full Fledged Primordial as a Devil Tiger pretty much requires your death.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

17. - Top - End - #497

GnomePirate

Of course, but Your Third Circle soul can teach, especially to your Akuma. Who may or might not like your refering to him or her as "errand bot".

18. - Top - End - #498
    Titan in the Playground

Third Circle souls know charms that even the character they are basing the charms off doesn't know?
    Satomi by Elagune

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ogre in the Playground

Third Circle souls know charms that even the character they are basing the charms off doesn't know?
    Third Circle Souls can teach their parent Primordials Charms. It is not specified whether the parent Primordial actually needs to know the Charm, as at the time that rule was written such a situation couldn't exist.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post

True, but they can have 3rd circle souls, which spawn 2nd circle souls automatically, and IIRC 2nd circlers make 1st circle Demons, do they not?
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ogre in the Playground

True, but they can have 3rd circle souls, which spawn 2nd circle souls automatically, and IIRC 2nd circlers make 1st circle Demons, do they not?
    Not exactly. A Primordial, 3rd Circle Deva/Demon or 2nd Circle Deva/Demon can all make their own 1st Circle Deva/Demon races. Normally, anyway. DTs are a weird case.
    Last edited by Edge; 2012-08-13 at 12:28 PM.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Troll in the Playground

There is also a Cecelyn charm that lets you make your own as I recall.
    Many, many thanks to azuyomi244 for the avatar.

23. - Top - End - #503

GnomePirate

It is a debatable topic if 3rd circles even know these charms. Although since Primordials are somewhat beyond casual shackles of Time and Fate, as Creation know it, it is entirely possible that if said 3rd circle is capable of tutoring someone with it's Primordial/Yozi charms the Devil Tiger of said Primordial doesn't have to be able to learn said charms or know them. DT's are different from Primordials and Yozis after all.

Because nothing really stops DT from designing said 3rd circle as "Tutor" with panoply charms letting it teach Primordial charms of it's "parent" to squirrels. Or willing folks.

But Essence 10 Squirrel-baby-Primordial would be sight to behold. Just like the one from Ice Age. And ... imagine how scarce nuts will be afterwards.
    Last edited by Rikandur Azebol; 2012-08-14 at 02:14 AM.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

There's that Verdant Emptiness Endowment expansion that lets you teach Charms, even ones you don't/can't know yourself, as long as they could.

Maybe it works like that?
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2012-08-14 at 06:04 AM.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

For those who don't frequent the White Wolf forums, a poster there has home-brewed… a pretty complete set of Colossus Alchemical Charms.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ettin in the Playground

If by complete set you mean only 25.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ogre in the Playground

If by complete set you mean only 25.
    The thing is, he also has enough submodules on lower-Essence Charms that it's still very robust for playing Colossi. Sure, maybe only 25 Charms, but over 90 Submodules.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2012-08-15 at 12:46 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Titan in the Playground

So, how would you guys handle a negative mutation in By Rage Recast? I ask because I see massive advantages in my character being a Vector for Hysteria via the Disease Carrier mutation. I have tentatively paid the cost for it as if it was positive.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Troll in the Playground

Wouldn't allow negative mutations. BRR has enough abuse potential as it is.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    Wouldn't allow negative mutations. BRR has enough abuse potential as it is.
    I'd allow them… but they cost points as if they were positive.

In this case, I assume it's being added to deliberately spread the disease- so it's in.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.