New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Kingdom Hearts Thread [Forewarned: Spoilers]

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    So guys.

Wreck-it Ralph as a Kingdom Hearts world. Discuss.
    The chance that Kingdom Hearts would be used to link Mario, Sonic, Street Fighter, and House of the Dead, as well as Final Fantasy and Disney, makes this a very interesting prospect. Though, wouldn't the world be called Fix-It-Felix Jr?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Banned

BlackDragon

Here, watch this

EXTREME SPOILERS!

That will tell you a lot about what is going on.

This one as well
    Last edited by Mixt; 2012-08-03 at 09:22 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mixt View Post
    Also, for some reason i find it kind of funny that one of the bosses near the end is called the "Anti-Black Coat"
    Yeah, not sure what the reasoning behind it is, but I noticed that my Dark-based attacks did, easily, three times more damage than my Light-based attacks (as seen using Shadowbreaker). OH WELL!

On the original topic, here's what I've pieced together:
    (Spoilers from multiple games...)
    Spoiler
    Show
    What makes Sora special is his ability to somehow connect to other people's hearts. A couple characters in KH3D even comment on how bland Sora is, except for that one ability. We see this come into play in KH1, when Xehanort first comes to Destiny Islands and Sora absorbs Kairi's heart with a big ol' ghost hug.

Since KH3D drops some knowledge that Xehanort had been planning things around Sora for a long time, it stands to reason that there is a connection between Ventus/Vanitas/Sora/Roxas, all stemming from Xehanort messing with their hearts.

We know that Vanitas was created by removing the darkness from Ven's heart. Most likely, to create a complete heart, he removed the darkness from Sora's, as well. This explains why Vanitas looks like Sora. The reason, I'm assuming (and was hoping would be backed up in KH3D, but was not confirmed or denied) was that the vacuum created in the two hearts is what drew them together in the first place.
    This is most likely the reason that Roxas looks like Ven.

Finally, KH3D explains that even Nobodies can eventually regrow their heart, especially when they are reminded enough what it was like to have one. (Another reason why saying a Nobody is heartless is wrong. )

Also, let's not forget that, during KH3D, Riku is inside the sleeping Sora's heart. That may be enough time, I think, to count Riku as one of the many people inside Sora.
    Check out a bunch of stuff I wrote for my campaign world of Oz.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am the Burley, formerly known as Burley Warlock. I got my name changed. Please remember me...

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

So I have a question, during most of KH2, before he fuses back with Roxas anyway, was Sora some strange mutant form of heartless that retained its mind and didn't have any of the crazyness seen in other heartless, or would all heartless like things(Sora, Ansem Seeker of Darkness) just kinda keep doing what they did before becoming heartless?

The question is Sora being some weird heartless unique or would all human shaped heartless act like they did in life?
    Last edited by wiimanclassic; 2012-08-05 at 03:36 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ah, a KH thread. exactly what I needed. While browsing around bored and waiting for my 3D to arrive, I came across this (warning, contains spoilers for the whole series, albeit only slightly), and I HAD to share it with people who know the series. I find it to be hilarious.

6. - Top - End - #36

Quote Originally Posted by Whoracle View Post
    Ah, a KH thread. exactly what I needed. While browsing around bored and waiting for my 3D to arrive, I came across this (warning, contains spoilers for the whole series, albeit only slightly), and I HAD to share it with people who know the series. I find it to be hilarious.
    That's been linked to this thread already, but it is fun.

As for Sora, I'm not sure, but I believe that Sora did have a body after his restoration from being a shadow. That whole event was very confusing, and not all the effects from that have likely come to light yet.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post

As for Sora, I'm not sure, but I believe that Sora did have a body after his restoration from being a shadow. That whole event was very confusing, and not all the effects from that have likely come to light yet.
    I kinda assumed his "body" was a body in the same way that Ansem Seeker of Darkness had a body, mainly that its a weird construct of their heart or something.

8. - Top - End - #38

Crud. the one time I don't bother reading 2 pages... typical.

As for Sora and the whole heart/body thingamajig, I was under the impression that bodies in KHLand are kinda ethereal. Dunno how I came to that conclusion, but that's what I took away. This would explain the "bodies" of the heartless and nobodies, and their dissolving after death.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

As for Sora and the whole heart/body thingamajig, I was under the impression that bodies in KHLand are kinda ethereal. Dunno how I came to that conclusion, but that's what I took away. This would explain the "bodies" of the heartless and nobodies, and their dissolving after death.
    I think the heartless part is more the heart makes an ethereal shell out of its own darkness/maybelight? and when destroyed the shell reforms elsewhere or the heart just goes to join kingdom hearts or wherever hearts waiting for the nobody to bite it wait.

Nobodies I think would kinda do the same thing only its more the body becomes ethereal without a heart or something. Chances are they just wait in limbo when they die.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Turn Unthread!

Quote Originally Posted by Mixt View Post
    Here, watch this

EXTREME SPOILERS!

That will tell you a lot about what is going on.

This one as well
    Funny enough, I'd already seen those, and they not only got more confusing going from Japanese with English Translations to English, but they still leave behind so many questions...

Quote Originally Posted by Burley View Post
    Yeah, not sure what the reasoning behind it is, but I noticed that my Dark-based attacks did, easily, three times more damage than my Light-based attacks (as seen using Shadowbreaker). OH WELL!
    On the original topic, here's what I've pieced together:
    (Spoilers from multiple games...)
    Cool beans.

Spoiler
    Show
    What makes Sora special is his ability to somehow connect to other people's hearts. A couple characters in KH3D even comment on how bland Sora is, except for that one ability. We see this come into play in KH1, when Xehanort first comes to Destiny Islands and Sora absorbs Kairi's heart with a big ol' ghost hug.
    I always thought Kairi's heart going into his was just because they love each other, not because Sora's a symbiote...

Since KH3D drops some knowledge that Xehanort had been planning things around Sora for a long time, it stands to reason that there is a connection between Ventus/Vanitas/Sora/Roxas, all stemming from Xehanort messing with their hearts.

We know that Vanitas was created by removing the darkness from Ven's heart. Most likely, to create a complete heart, he removed the darkness from Sora's, as well. This explains why Vanitas looks like Sora. The reason, I'm assuming (and was hoping would be backed up in KH3D, but was not confirmed or denied) was that the vacuum created in the two hearts is what drew them together in the first place.
    Going a bit more into the whole ability to connect to people thing, it was that when Ventus reached out to Sora's newborn heart after having his darkness split in half, Vanitas was also able to plug in. Xehanort and them were manipulating Sora in this Dream World, but I don't think he actually did anything to Sora when Sora was first born. He probably discovered them after the fact, roaming about Destiny Islands.

This is most likely the reason that Roxas looks like Ven.
    Actually your next point kinda hits on my thoughts about this.

Finally, KH3D explains that even Nobodies can eventually regrow their heart, especially when they are reminded enough what it was like to have one. (Another reason why saying a Nobody is heartless is wrong. )
    I wonder... Sora had Ventus' heart within him since Vanitas' defeat. When Sora removed his Heart from his Body, and since Nobodies can possibly regain their hearts (assuming Xemnas isn't lying his ass off to manipulate Sora further), what if Sora still had his heart, but Roxas had Ventus' heart? And then Xion gained Sora's essence through the memories being taken from him, halting his revival?

Does this make any sense?

Also, let's not forget that, during KH3D, Riku is inside the sleeping Sora's heart. That may be enough time, I think, to count Riku as one of the many people inside Sora.
    And Alex said he'd go in after Riku if he got traped inside... though I don't think Riku fully counts, since he's also his own full identity and he's been that way for a while. If Sora were to die, he wouldn't be completely screwed from it. Vanitas, Ventus, Xion, Roxas, they'd be in trouble if something happened to Sora, on the other hand.

Quote Originally Posted by wiimanclassic View Post
    So I have a question, during most of KH2, before he fuses back with Roxas anyway, was Sora some strange mutant form of heartless that retained its mind and didn't have any of the crazyness seen in other heartless, or would all heartless like things(Sora, Ansem Seeker of Darkness) just kinda keep doing what they did before becoming heartless?

The question is Sora being some weird heartless unique or would all human shaped heartless act like they did in life?
    Sora was actually a Heartless (I suppose technically an Emblem Heartless, even though he was in Shadow Form) for a few minutes in Kingdom Hearts 1. Kairi was able to restore him to his natural form, though in this form he's still technically a Heartless. The essence that is his Body, the Nobody, Roxas, came into being at the time Sora stabed himself, and remained in existance until Diz, Riku, and Namine's efforts put him back into Sora. Sora at this point is a full being again.

At the end of Kingdom Hearts 2, Roxas, sensing Axel's demise, stirs within Sora. That part of his Heart challenges him.... Ven's Heart got strong enough to challenge Sora's Heart, over being choosen by the Keyblade, and still longing for the life he once had! Snap... I kinda like that theory.

But anyway, Sora fuzed back with Roxas near the beginning of Kingdom Hearts 2, just after the prologue ended. Roxas just got a bit stir crazy near the end, but went back willingly, only coming out again to say hi to Namine. Sora was complete the second he got out of that pod.

Indeed. Though it needs to be updated to include Coded, and now 3DS.

I kinda assumed his "body" was a body in the same way that Ansem Seeker of Darkness had a body, mainly that its a weird construct of their heart or something.
    I don't like using the actual words for it and then remarking on the corporialness of the not body and body, especially when case-in-point Ansem Seeker of Darkness infact did not have his body, having traded it to grant his youngerself Time/Space Travel Abilities.

I think it's better to think of the Heart and the Body as essences, with one needing both to be recognisable as a complete being. Once can still have a physical body and lack the essence of a body (like Sora and ASoD (before time travel)), and one can exist without the essence of a Heart (like our various nobody friends). Sora went without the essence of a Body for a while, but he still existed.

Or am I horribly horribly wrong?

Have we seen villains whose bodies aren't dissolved after death? It'd probably be helpful if we had more people fighting without a keyblade, since it's sorta designed to be able to manipulate the body/heart/universe...

I think the heartless part is more the heart makes an ethereal shell out of its own darkness/maybelight? and when destroyed the shell reforms elsewhere or the heart just goes to join kingdom hearts or wherever hearts waiting for the nobody to bite it wait.

Nobodies I think would kinda do the same thing only its more the body becomes ethereal without a heart or something. Chances are they just wait in limbo when they die.
    This series got horrifying some time down the road....
    You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    This series got horrifying some time down the road....
    I don't know, least if you get turned into the series version of a super zombie you can come back, just get someone to kill both of you.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

I have a question.

At the beginning of 358/2 Days, when Xemnas names him, Roxas has just been created, right? Maybe wondered around Twilight Town a bit, but when he goes back there later nobody knows who he is, so he probably didn't run into anyone.

So... where did he get those clothes? They're not what Sora was wearing, they're not what Ventus was wearing, they're not what Kairi or Vanitas were wearing...

Where did they come from? .-.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    I have a question.

At the beginning of 358/2 Days, when Xemnas names him, Roxas has just been created, right? Maybe wondered around Twilight Town a bit, but when he goes back there later nobody knows who he is, so he probably didn't run into anyone.

So... where did he get those clothes? They're not what Sora was wearing, they're not what Ventus was wearing, they're not what Kairi or Vanitas were wearing...

Where did they come from? .-.
    ...... ****. I never thought about that myself. I just kinda assumed Nomura was avoiding this.

I should edit the op post to include questions, both open and closed.
    You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

booo got 6 trophies on proud and no special end. some one lied to me.

review time for KH3D
    System needs work. Don't know what the hell the class levels of the dreameaters effect and drop rates for mats suck don't get many mats for new pets. I do not like the pet portions of this game. this was step down in format. also i don't know if the buffs i unlock are permanent or just attached to the pet and i hate having to pet the buggers to get new ability links. lastly ballonra and balloonga is too strong. low start up time full on tracking tons of damage. just dodge and cast.
    also that is probably the weirdest of all plots I have ever seen.

Spoiler
    Show

time travel! really!!? THe story is convoluted as hell in the first place. why did you have to throw that in.
    ugg at least if you skipped the "just as planned" it kinda makes sense. xehnort is back. making an army of 13 evil hims. good guy need to make seven to defend against him

So i am assuming aqua sora riku lea ven kairi and mickey. the clash of these forces makes kingdom hearts. and now we patiently wait for KH3 in 4 years to resolve it. really the plot does not go forward too much. but i then again this game is stage setting.

2.5/5

edit found out why i don't have the secret ending you need the answer the question in specific way booo squenix BOOO
    Last edited by Illieas; 2012-08-31 at 11:33 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

I finally got my 3DS fixed, so I shoud be able to do a run through of it sooner. I hope my experiences with it are a bit better than Illieas' seemed to be.

I suppose I was the one who was the lier, but I did try to mention the sequence at the end without spoiling anything (ironic, since this is a blatantly spoiler based thread).

As far as too strong abilities, that's always been a problem in Kingdom Hearts. Aeroga in the first, Reflec in the second, and dear lord the Surges in BBS (though since they were the only things that could beat The Mysterious Figure, they get a pass).

... that reminds me, how is it cannon that Young Master Xehanort fought against Terra, Aqua, and Ventus in Birth By Sleep? I'm not sure how that could have happened, but apparently he was the Mysterious Figure in question. Did we already talk about this?

16. - Top - End - #46

Its canon that Young Xehanort did fight one of the trio, but its not sure which one.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Its canon that Young Xehanort did fight one of the trio, but its not sure which one.
    I don't think it could have been Terra if you ask me. Besides the massive chance for the universe to be blown up if you meet your younger self (though how nobodies and heartless from paralel dimensions factor in is still to be seen), he was at ground zero when Xehanort destroyed it. It'd be odd for him to stick around for much longer.

Maybe Ven or Aqua did, both of them checking the Land of Departure upon being told of the bad stuff that happened. Maybe less so Aqua, since she seemed surprised by everything that went on.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Banned

I'm playing Birth by Sleep... am I crazy or is Terra's storyline shorter than Aqua's? Still have Ven's to go through.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    I'm playing Birth by Sleep... am I crazy or is Terra's storyline shorter than Aqua's? Still have Ven's to go through.
    I'm pretty sure all 3 were pretty much even. I actually might think that Terra and Ventus' are just a bit longer than Aquas.

How far are you?

20. - Top - End - #50

Just a quick heads up:

LP Kingdom Hearts.

Maybe some of you'll find it worthwile.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Just a quick heads up:

LP Kingdom Hearts.

Maybe some of you'll find it worthwile.
    Indeed. I'll subscribe. Maybe those willing to talk about spoilers can be sent this way...

Also, I said it once, I'll say it again: Why so scared of Sephiroth? If it was Xemnas or the Lingering Will / White Hallway, I'd certainly understand, but if you're doing the regular version and not the final mix, then I don't see why you should be so intimidated... he's just the One Winged Angel...

22. - Top - End - #52

It's not him I don't like, it's the massive amount of grinding neccessary do defeat him. I tried before and failed. Hard.

But we'll see. Maybe I'll be insane enough to try to take him on this time.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

It's not him I don't like, it's the massive amount of grinding neccessary do defeat him. I tried before and failed. Hard.

But we'll see. Maybe I'll be insane enough to try to take him on this time.
    Say that to the crazy bastards that beat the games at as low a level as possible....

I should try a level 1 run soon...

24. - Top - End - #54

Well, as I claim in the LP: "I have a life" ;P

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Well, as I claim in the LP: "I have a life" ;P
    So you claim, yet you're starting a jrpg with the intent to do 99% of the game, so...

26. - Top - End - #56
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by InoKnowNames
    That's easy enough. ... in theory. Although Timeline A and Timeline B is going to just make my head hurt.... ****, this is just like the Dragon Ball Z time line junk.... It's not Time Travel so much as Dimension Travel, then...
    Time is the fourth dimension. The distinction is irrelevant. That's what makes space time so confusingly important.

Sephiroth I KH 1 was not so bad. I spent three hours fighting him... Because I hasn't eaten in a few days. A cup of coffee, some eggs and toast, come back after digestion and BAM! Beat him.

The hidden fight in KH2:FM+, now that was hard. Rewarding though!

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Time is the fourth dimension. The distinction is irrelevant. That's what makes space time so confusingly important.
    ...... how DARE you come into my thread and start boring holes in my brain with your fancy talk!

Still, I'm finally about to play the game now (KIU I'lll come back to later, about done with dying to Possessed Pit), so I'll see if I can figure it out of no one else can make it clear.

Sephiroth I KH 1 was not so bad. I spent three hours fighting him... Because I hasn't eaten in a few days. A cup of coffee, some eggs and toast, come back after digestion and BAM! Beat him.
    I always prefered how he fought in 2 over how he fought in 1. Something so epic about that opening move, and you can actually -hear- him say Heartless Angel that time around.

The hidden fight in KH2:FM+, now that was hard. Rewarding though!
    He had a lot of time to meditate..... I wonder if we'll ever see him again....
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-10-12 at 05:22 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

*snip*

I always prefered how he fought in 2 over how he fought in 1. Something so epic about that opening move, and you can actually -hear- him say Heartless Angel that time around.

*snip*
    Indeed. Though the second part is mostly due to Lance Bass not doing the voice anymore. George Newbern sounds much better, imo.
    The New Soulknife Handbook!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    And there I was thinking that Midichlorian counts were a variety of force-sensitive hereditary noble- most notably Dooku.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Banned

KH 2 had a much ether fight, but it was nowhere near as hard. It was way more of a fight though. In 1, he was just this thing to dodge thrice, smack once, counter, dodge, repeat. I don't remember how I dealt with the superberywhere slash.

In two, the beat parts were when he'd touch down while you were gliding, and you had X time to hit dirt and spam triangle; or conversely, he'd keep you busy with some melee, some dark orbs, and suddenly he is at the end of the screen way up there calling out 'descend, heartless angel!' and you've got a half second to knock him down with blade work or spam a full cure.

That was one of many fights I felt suffered from being singled out, though. I wish more of the boss battles allowed you to use Drive Forms. Fun would have been tearing sephiroth a new everything via shadow sora.

He had a lot of time to meditate..... I wonder if we'll ever see him again....
    I hope so. They really need to wrap this stuff up. They've done a decent job connecting things, given that A) the original wasn't supposed to be a series starter, and B) the canon is purposefully interpretable, belying scientific analysis.