New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles IC, Chapter 1: Eyes Open

Erica
    She nodded as Josef spoke. She spoke up when he mentioned Weinmann again.

"Everyone speaks very highly of Weinmann, I would have very much liked to have met him," she said.

"I think it's too early to decide which road is right for me, but I'm sure the choice will become apparent in time," she said, "though, that reminds me of something you said, last night, before we went to see Melanie..."

She took a deep breath, leaning back slightly.

"You said you disagreed with.. what I want for certain members of my family. Why is that?" she asked.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ettin in the Playground

The nosferatu were as near as she could tell warped in body, Gregor was simple a beast on the outside ... and now Jack was simple a decaying corpse. All hideous but all different ... and frankly seemingly reasonable enough.

"In truth I haven't been dead long enough to be worried about loneliness and without wanting to be rude I am not sure that the company would be any better", she took his hand and shook it, she smiled it was warm and honest "and I am not one to make much of whether things were my fault, they maybe were but either way that is over and I need to not live with it".

Thinking for a second she figured she might as well say it, "you might be more suitable as the grim reaper then me if you take it to be a representation on death, and hopefully neither of us is to close to it if it is about taking life", there was no hostility in her voice she just wanted to get a handle on the man.
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2012-10-18 at 03:59 PM. Reason: no item now the image got there

3. - Top - End - #423
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

Rick

"Hello," mutters Rick as he finds the day planner. It would appear his fortune has taken a turn for the better.

Well, until he opens it, and finds the planner to be full of nothing but gibberish. A code of some sort. Benny had been paranoid. With good reason, it had turned out. But now that precaution was doing nothing but hindering the detective in figuring out who had killed him.

"Looks like I found something," he says, showing the binder to Chase. This any sort of code the Tremere uses? If not, we'll have to crack it on our own. Hope you're good at puzzles," He smirks.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

Spoiler
    Show
    Can I do a perception+alertness roll to see if she picks up some interesting insight while she's down here? She is supposed to be very observant...(5d10)[10][3][6][1][8](28)

Amy tries to follow the route he's taking, but without much success. She nods at his explanation about influencing the city planning. That was something she'd never considered before, but it does make sense Yuri was right, their fingers -do- run deep deep into the city. -Our- fingers, I guess, now. It's a strange thought to have, to suddenly be a part of a group that can influence things on such a deep, hidden level. Not something she'd ever dreamt of.

I wonder if the fact that he's strong is a vampire thing, or a him thing, she thinks as she sees him move the manhole cover with apparent ease. She would have to test it too. Or ask him, but she is curious about where he's taking her and doesn't want to slow him down by talking. She must admit, the place doesn't seem very promising on the 'not scared of or angry at' front, at least judging from the neighborhood. This is Mike we're talking about. Mister 'I'll kill you on the third date' - I'm not really surprised. But, as they go further in, she starts to change her mind. A whole world down here... as far as secret go, that's a pretty good one.

She smiles at his assessment of kindred society. That's something she feels she can get behind. She says nothing else for a while, just looking around to try and get a feel of the place, though since there's no one else but them around she does drop her mask, going back to her natural form, feeling much more comfortable in it. "Thanks for showing me" she says, sincerely, waiting to see if he wants to show her someplace in particular.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, it was six d10... I'll just roll the last one here (1d10)[5]

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

6. - Top - End - #426
    Troll in the Playground

Erica

"Is there still a point to revenge? I certainly had enemies from my mortal life when I was embraced, but I outlived them, and their children, and even their great-great children, though I admit I lost track of their lineage after fifty years or so.

"If you feel that revenge is worth it, I will not stop you. The only thing I've forbidden you to do is use this company as a means for your revenge. I helped build this institution to be used in the jyhad, I won't have it used to settle kine matters, just as I would never use a sword to open a letter.

"I think you're beginning to understand that I've brought you into a very dangerous world Erica. Whereas your family schism may have been your most pressing concern before last night, now there are those out there who will try to destroy you literally. If you feel spending time on those who can no longer threaten you is meaningful it's your decision, but I will not support it."

Danielle

Jack laughed again in his hearty baratone. "In truth it really isn't." He spoke of the company of other kindred bluntly. "Most still find it's better than nothing." He closed his eyes, and smelled the air deeply. "Mmm... I can smell it now. Sunshine, wheat, and ash. Yes, ash." His eyes opened up much like Danielle had seen in horror movies when one was possessed, the sort of immediate, jolting eye open that didn't seem natural.

"Yes, they should fear you Danielle, they all should, even the hunter that seeks you, but they don't know why. You are dangerous. Relish it." He laughed again.

That's when Danielle heard the start of the engine to Flat Face's truck. She turned to see Flat Face backing up. "I've done my part. Shown you the other rejects of kindred society. Time I went back to important things. Good luck and all that." He shifted gears and started to drive off.

Rick
    Chase looked at the day planner. "It's not Tremere. Looks like he borrowed a couple symbols, but this looks like some code he made up. She sat at the table, and pulled out a notepad. "Let's get crackin' Mr. Valentino."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll give you a choice. Either make an extended roll to break the code, I'd say investigation+intelligence unless you can think of something better. Or, just roleplay it out, it'll take almost the rest of the night to crack it otherwise.

Amy

She can catch that there are markings here and there on random parts of the cave, but she can't distinguish what. They stand there for awhile, taking it in.

"Very romantic Mike, you've never taken me here." Donovon appeared behind them, from the shadows. Her baleful orange eye staring between the two. "I will have a word with Amy alone, if you would."

"Donovon!" Mike was surprised by her popping out of nowhere. "Yeah, uhm... sure. I'll just wait by the entrance."

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

Amy instinctively tenses, but it's just a momentary reaction of surprise to hearing another voice when she had thought she and Mike were alone. She nods at Mike to signify she'll meet him there, then turns her complete attention on Donovon. "Good evening, ma'am", she says, politely. She's the one who chose me. I have her to thank...or curse at. She still hasn't fully decided which one of the two applies.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

Erica
    "Of course I won't use company resources," she replied.

If I did, the justice wouldn't be mine.

Josef's words did seem to make some kind of sense in the back of her mind, but she pushed the thoughts away, smashing them down into her subconscious.

"It's only been a day and a half; maybe in fifty years, I'll feel as you do," she said with a smile.
    "But you're right, I've got enough to worry about as it is; I won't let it become a distraction," she added.

"We're involved in the Arab Israeli conflict as well?" she asked, shifting her weight and crossing her legs as she did so.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Erica is referencing Josef's use of the word Jyhad.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2012-10-18 at 10:17 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

9. - Top - End - #429

DrowGuy

Rick

"That's the spirit." Rick joins Chase at the table, and begins to scrutinize the planner.

"Let's start by seeing if there really was an entry for Cavet in there for last night. It might help us crack some of the symbols."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll do three rolls for now, but if something happens that interrupts them feel free to discard.
    investigation+intelligence + 7
    (7d10)[6][3][2][5][9][3][2](30)
    (7d10)[10][4][2][7][1][8][8](40)
    (7d10)[3][5][7][9][7][7][10](48)

10. - Top - End - #430
    Troll in the Playground

Erica

Josef appeared flustered. "Tell me you haven't been listening to Faruq's rantings." He then thought better of it, and explained "No, jyhad is what we call the ongoing war amongst kindred. It has nothing to do with the meaningless squabbles in the Middle East. There's a debate on whether we stole the word from kine or they stole it from us. Regardless, I care very little for that conflict. Occassionally the company does work through Isreal, but it is merely a proxy to pressure the Assamites. If the Assamites had turned to Judaism and used Israel as their headquarters, then I would have my office in Palestine, or Lebanon.

"Our role is very small, and more often than not it's merely to make profit, nothing more. No, it's Manila that I'm more interested in, but that is a conversation for another night."

Amy

Donovon didn't respond at first, instead staring at Amy. "Since Jean now lives in his estate, and the young ones occupy the apartment, it leaves me to tend to our old home." She shuffled closer. "Do you know why you were embraced?"

Rick
    Spoiler
    Show
    I decided to break the code was 20 successes because I felt like it. Made the difficulty 7, one more since Cavet is not the name in the planner.

It took them four hours, with Rick making offer half the headway. He could see she knew a fair bit of investigating herself. It turned out it was many basic codes jumbled in. One day had a completely different code than the next, with a small, tiny marking off to the side to determine which code to follow.

Once they discovered that, it didn't take overly long to figure out the name on the agenda.

Henry Sanderson.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Titan in the Playground

Claire

As the information rolled out Claire grew increasingly pensive. Her mind was processing, considering. That explained Rogan thug boys certainly. Just feed someone your blood and they did whatever you wanted, that was power. Immense power. Hell she could already see, take a man's blood and feed some back too him. How, efficient. And monstrous. She could bet without asking some vampires didn't stop at just a pair of hands.

"Do the... ghouls... get anything out of it?" Claire asked next wanting to keep Rogan tossing. "Also you referred to us Gangrel and the others. So the different clans, they all have different 'powers' too. So not every vampire can turn into an animal, though I guess you can which means I can someday right? What are our strengths as Gangrel aside from that. And what about the other clans?
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2012-10-19 at 01:53 AM.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

She thinks for a moment on what to answer. She doesn't want to tell her what Mike said about the prince being scared I want to see what she tells me, so she keeps the answer fairly simpler than it could have been "Mike told me that you were the one who chose me. He thinks it's because I'm good with computers". A pause "Is he right?"
    She doesn't recoil when Donovon gets nearer. Amazing what a day and a half can do to one's perception. Her mind has apparently already lesarned to classify the Nosferatu form as 'not a threat'.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle

The image of his eyes snapping opening jolted her own eyes, she didn't really like the sound of that fear was fine really but it should be earned, and really being left alone was better and should not have to be earned, I just want to be left along she was about to say it to when she heard the car.

She was about to shout to run after him, but she stood there shocked for a second and then recovered with a laugh - a laugh that would not stop for a few seconds - her thought process falling into place and the humour of it was not lost on her, it had been what she was thinking wasn't it.

"Thank you for showing me around Mr. Face, I appreciate it" she called after him loudly so as to be heard, using the 'Mr' title both to annoy mildly and as a joke he might like, weirdly she was honest in her thanks she had seen the society and being shown how she would be treated, and all she had her freedom in how to act.
    It was a good night.

Turning to Jack, she composed herself "Apologies I lost the run of myself there for a minute", she decided to confide in him it likely couldn't hurt, "you said that I was dangerous and they should fear me - even if you were only teasing me - all I was thinking was that I wanted was to be left alone and at exactly the time he decided to leave", she smiled, "there is a certain humour I can still find in that".

"I don't suppose you have a phone I could use" pausing for a second "I better start walking", it is probably around half nine, so even if Flat Face drove at hundred miles an hour she could job back comfortably before sun up - unless I get lost, but then there is nothing I can do about that.

She started to leave, giving Jack a look studying him and finally nodded "keep yourself well", unlike Gregor who was angry and Felix who wanted to convert people Jack seemed at ease with himself and his own company "if you do ever get bored and want to talk or have a game of cards or something I would be happy to" she gave a smile and turned to walk back to town.

She considered that the corpse like man who she was left alone with in the middle of nowhere might be a danger to her an easy method of disposing of Caitiff, but she mused there is nothing I can do about that until it happens, and no point acting before hand.

14. - Top - End - #434

DrowGuy

Rick

Holy..." Rick whispered. This could not be right. The killer was Henry Sanderson? Henry, the boy, man, whatever, who sent him out to investigate the murder in the first place?

Well, there could have still been another explanation. Maybe someone had put it there in an attempt to frame Henry. And just because his name was listed in the book did not make him the killer. It just made him a suspect. But it didn't make any sense. Why would Henry risk sending a detective who could uncover evidence of his guilt?

Then again, what really could Rick do? It wasn't as if he could go to the police, or indeed any human. Quenton might be interested, but Rick had the impression he'd smile and nod and then immediately go report the information to Henry. The Prince would probably not care about a measly ghoul. Kindred seemed to think of most of them as property anyway.

So maybe this had all been a test. Henry had warned him yesterday that he did some terrible things. He had promised that Rick would be largely kept from those activities, but perhaps this was a test to see what noble Rick would do when confronted with murder. And indeed, what could he do? He had quit the force when he found it to be hopelessly corrupt. But one could not just quit the Tremere, it seemed.

He was silent for a long moment before he spoke to Chase.

"I think I'm going to need to speak to Henry. See what it is he hoped to accomplish by letting me figure this out." His tone was somber, the tone of a man who was starting to realize he'd have little choice but to participate in things he'd abhor. He just hoped the tradeoff would be worth it.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Troll in the Playground

Claire

"Ghouls do not age so long as they get vitae once a month or so. Some seem to think it has to do with phases of the moon, but I've seen no proof. They get stronger, they can gain some of our disciplines, but only at the most basic levels. It's not only power though. Some ghouls are lover to their masters, others are cultists worshipping their undead messiah, while others find purpose taking a small role in our jyhad.

"Each Clan has dominance over three disciplines, many of them shared amongst the Clans. Ours are Animalism, protean, and fortitude. Animalism is our connection to sentient life, and to our own inner beast. Protean is our ability to change our form, weathering melding to the earth, or turning into animals ourselves. Fortitude is our will to survive made manifest. It makes us resistant to injury. Know though that each Clan has its own weakness too. For ours, if we frenzy enough we gain a feature of a beast that does not go away. Gain enough and we cannot uphold the masquerade."

Rogan went onto describe the weaknesses and disciplines of the other Camarilla clans. He saw dominate as a discipline for the weak, and thamauturgy as an abomination. He also seemed to believe that the Tremere curse was an addiction to their blood magic.

"And then there are Caitiff." He neary spat the word. "Make no mistake Claire, blood matters. Whether Caine, Abel, or some mutant manifestation in the human genepool, we came from somewhere. Each generation loses a bit of our true source, that which we came from. The Caitiff take it too far. They hold no Clan, their blood is weak and thin. They hold no weakness like the Clans, a mark that they are something else that aren't kindred."

Amy

"I did choose you, and yes it is for your ability to use computers. However, I also chose you because you are a woman, and I know that there are fewer women who have mastered computers, making you less likely to be seen for the hacker you are. I also chose you because you had fewer mortal connections, a low paying wage, less troublesome than killing off a programmer in Silicon Valley."

She turned his gaze to the cave. "We are at war with the Sabbat, a group of kindred who ultimately believe in the ruling over all as Caine's chosen. It is a fool's dream, we kindred are relics, parasites, and nothing more. They flaunt the traditions, and though they have lost countless to hunters and others in third world countries who are now all the wiser to our kind's existence, there is one broken tradition that does make them stand strong still. They conduct mass embraces, twenty, thirty, fifty. These regnants are generally thrown at Camarilla cities as cannon fodder. Still, enough young kindred survive, and with them, new ideas.

"This city is not ready to handle such attacks. It's not only this hacking of yours, but reports of handmade EMP devices, and mock-military gear can make a resourceful Sabbat pack a true threat. Then there's information. In D.C. they used the media to help remove several of our most prominent contacts in the political world and even left enough clues for hunters to find Camarilla hideouts.

"Your task will be to set up our defences."

Danielle

Smiling Jack shook his head once when she asked about a phone. As she started to leave, he called out to her. "Come back when you have any wisdom to share."

He muttered quietly. "It'll be soon enough."

Rick
    Chase let Rick leave on his own, though she admitted that it wouldn't be unlike Henry to do what he did.

Rick would have no trouble finding his way back to the chantry, and back to Henry's office. The doors loomed over him. He could knock on the doors, even kick them, but they were locked.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

Erica
    The young woman laughed.
    "No, I've taken everything Faruq says with a grain of salt," she replied. She grew quiet as the weight of Josef's casual admissions caught up with her.

"How high up does kindred influence go?" she asked, "is human civilization, with all their beliefs and morality, art, culture, and technology, just a bunch of puppets dancing on strings?"
    TC for short

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

"You chose me because I was a nobody and won't be missed" Talk about sugarcoating the pill. At least she's honest: Amy can live with that. "And you're telling me you want me to act as...what, counter-intelligence?"
    From clerk at a grocery store... that's one hell of a promotion, she has to admit. I'm leaning more towards 'thank her' by the minute.

"We have contacts in the political world" She shakes her head half in awe, but I shouldn't be surprised really... is that the GOP? Because I always did kind of suspect... she forcibly stops that thought before she starts laughing and ends up looking like a complete lunatic in front of Donovon.

"I have a question, though" she says "If they don't care about the Traditions, why is our existence still a secret? I mean... that's what I'd do, if I was them. Not only in third world countries - I'd go full-out public" She can see it clearly enough: go public, create chaos, and then hide away and enjoy its fruits, while the world goes mad and gets rid of your enemies for you. Hell, not even hide away, probably, not when you have What, five billions? of potential soldiers to throw at your enemies. Not that pleasant a scenario to contemplate, really.
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2012-10-28 at 04:31 AM.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle

"The problem with wisdom is that one rarely knows when one has it, the the wise they are normal", she smiled, "but sure if I think I have figured something out but want to clarify I will bare the invite in mind" when she came to the first turn in the road she turned and waved back in a gesture of goodbye, and began walking.

So I kindof know what I am, and I sortof know what I have to do, I have no one to tell me more ... she smiled widely and I am pretty happy about that, she stopped moving stretched out her arms and let out a relieved sigh at the sky she composed an on the fly song as she began jogging, picking up to a full on sprint every now and again. The general tone being as follows.
    No more monsters, murderers, creeps or sickos. Just me by myself which is more then enough. No school with its grief and its nail-biting stuff. Just me by myself which is more then enough. No boys trying to grab me or girls trying to hurt me. Just me by myself which is more then enough. No teachers to whine and complain on my timing. If I keep my head down I get do what I want.

Certainly not her best work - and very repetitive - but the ease of just putting one word in a loose rhythm after others was a pleasant distraction for a while and she never claimed to be a good song writer.

After about an hour she stopped to consider things more carefully, her mother needed to hear from her, but it would be too late to get in and have that conversation unless she hitched, work could be ruled out for tonight ... and she needed to consider blood - she really didn't want to consider blood, she would visit a butcher tomorrow she decided and put the thought away.

Ok so if I hitch I can get home and have the conversation about life and my hopes and dreams, and mom deserves that to happen sooner rather then later.
    She could crash in the basement or a closet and put shape on things tomorrow, otherwise it would be a hotel this evening.

Her course set she began to hitch when she saw a car coming.

Spoiler
    Show

Not sure how easy it would be to get a lift so I am going to roll, not sure on which roll it would be so I am thinking Appearance (to appear non-threatening and friendly) and streetwise/etiquette(same pool) (for knowing how to present yourself, where to stand etc).
    Appearance + Streetwise:(4D10)[24]
    Edit:Appearance + Streetwise:[rollv]4d10[/rollv]

Mostly for the interest in what a successful roll will provide, but a botch could be curious.
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2012-10-28 at 05:34 AM. Reason: First/third person

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ettin in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

No idea what is happening with that roll.
    Appearance + Streetwise:(4d10)[4][10][10][5](29)

20. - Top - End - #440

DrowGuy

Rick

The detective frowned when it became clear that he would not be getting into Henry's office this evening. Perhaps the kid had been called away. Or perhaps he knew Rick would be coming back to confront him and decided to make him wait, just in case he was truly furious. Either way, speaking with his elder would have to wait.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm fine with Rick calling it a night, if it will be ending soon anyway. He'll head to his chambers and spend the time until dawn ruminating on his new employers.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

Claire

Claire processed the mass of data, sorting it within her mind and mostly filing for later use. So like vampire Ghouls could live forever, fascinating. Presumably without the same needs and restriction. If you didn't mind being a slave that is. And the breath of powers, she knew she shouldn't be skeptical considering but still some seemed harder to believe then others. Still she had seen perhaps the most fantastic from Rogan. And she guessed the Gangrel trait explained Rogan's eyes, if that was the level she could expect that wouldn't be too bad

"Hmm from the sounds of it we Gangrel seem closest to Stoker's Dracula. Though I guess that was all fiction," Claire said with a bit of a laugh. "And generation. So I'd guess that generation would tend to go with age and position right. Caitiff are weak and so at the bottom, you're old and at the top. I guess that puts me ahead of most of the newbies from last night right? Except for maybe Erica I guess, her sire was a Primogen too."

Claire didn't comment on something else she could guess. If Caitiff didn't fall into any of the clans, then there couldn't be any way to predict what they could do. That explained a lot come to think of it.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Troll in the Playground

Erica

"Not as high as you would think. Most of the great heroes in ages past did their deeds in spite of kindred, not because of them. I can also guarantee that the modern military complex is anything but kindred influence. It's sealed our fate to stay in the shadows.

"Generally we are opportunists who make the most out of history. In ages past it may have been normal for a King or Warlord to have an advisor who only came out during night, and only drank red wine. Such is simply not possible in these nights. We have just enough contacts to dissuade any new public policy that could weaken our influence, or to at least keep us well informed enough to mitigate the damage, that is all."

Josef's phone began to ring. He picked it up. "Yes?" He paused a few minutes. "I'm afraid I will be delayed the rest of the evening. Feel free to wander the library or the office as you see fit."

Spoiler
    Show
    All right, since Erica has time left, and I'm trying to get the night finished fairly soon for everyone, figured I'd let you observe or read what you want, and I'll fill in the answers.

Amy

Donovon gave a rueful chuckle. "Oh? You think that would be wise of them? Yes, chaos, anarchy, a whole world united to rooting out and destroying the blood suckers. If the Sabbat did this, they would be washed away in the flames too little one. Even the Sabbat knows it cannot win. No, they will bide their time. If all goes according to their grand scheme, they'll destroy the Camarilla to become the society for all kindred, and their takeover of humanity will be slow, and gradual, but it will still fail."

She turns again to look at Amy. "Yes, coutner-intelligence is one way to put it. In essence, you will modernize our defenses. Keep us three steps ahead of our enemies. You will be given a lot a leeway in this, and you will learn secrets that even the other Clans should not know. Can you do this girl? Can you do this and keep our trust?"

A rusty knife sneaked its way out of Donovon's cloak.

Danielle

It took Danielle about an hour of walking, and a few wrong turns, to make it out onto the main road. A couple times she felt as if something was watching her, but nothing came. In fact, it didn't seem as if anything was alive along the road besides the plants.

She was able to hitch a ride pretty quick for ten bucks, sitting in a truck going to Havensworth. The man was boring to a sin, with a slow voice and talking about roads and road construction. He was kind enough to drop her off at the tram station that ran along half the town.

Spoiler
    Show
    You can get to pretty much anywhere you want with the time given, but probably to only one more place this night.

Claire

"Not always, but usually." Rogan looked at his watch. He turned the truck on, and started to drive. "It's time to head back."

Spoiler
    Show
    Unless Claire objects, they'll go back to Victor's place.
    Last edited by daelrog; 2012-10-29 at 11:14 PM.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle

On the walk after getting over her initial joy at being left alone with the freedom to do what she wanted she started forming in her mind what her life would look like.
    Firstly she had to tell her mom something, then she had to make that something a reality so that she would not worry, she could now hopefully devote some time to actually finding out what happened to Katrina.
    So that was the gist of a goal figured out, but she had feeding requirements also - she wanted to be sick at the thought, so how to work it out.
    Butcher blood might work but it might not ... so would she have to eat people?
    This troubled her for some time.

She was grateful for the lift and for the fact that the man had not tried to make it a cheap movie where the hitch-hiker was confused for a prostitute she didn't think she would have dealt with that as a mature adult.
    Was this what it would be like though?
    Help me I am lost at the side of the road she would say, certainly little lady they would say, thank you sir is there anything I can do to repay you anything at all would be her line, why yes there is, I would quite like to have a taste of you they would indicate sex with some corny line, and I could just eat you up she would smile and then she would eat them.
    She resolved then and there that that was not going to happen, if her life became late night low grade horror/sex flick she would prefer to take a walk on the beach at noon.

No she would stick with a plan she had for after college, she had the connections to establish the makings of a charity.
    If she established and a blood bank charity for victims of serious crime that would give her access to good clean blood both for herself and to be useful to others and would allow her to help the community ... and her mother could be proud of it.
    Leaving the truck she paid and thanked the man her course set.

Other then that was the serious matter of the Jackal and she would have to start that soon, but there was no point starting from a position of weakness she needed a power-base first, and if she was honest more training in weaponry, she shivered at the thought of meeting him.

She made her way home hoping that she would be ready for him when the time came.
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2012-10-29 at 03:33 AM.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

Actually... I don't think they'd fail. Amy keeps that thought to herself: no use in contradicting Donovon. She doesn't flinch or retreat when she sees the knife: two days ago, she probably would have, but the last two nights have raised her tolerance for 'scary' and 'dangerous' well above what it used to be.

"You chose me, didn't you?" She says "Which means you already think I can do it." She chuckles a little "And if I can't... well, I am a nobody and won't be missed, won't I?"

EDIT
    Spoiler
    Show
    psst, it's still Amy, not Danielle
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2012-10-29 at 03:30 AM.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

Erica
    She nodded her thanks so as not to be heard by the person on the other end of the line, and slipped out of the office. Curious about the people wandering about with blank expressions, she walked around a bit until she found something that resembled a break room or pantry, and waited there for one of them to walk in. When one of the automatons shows up, she'll attempt to engage him or her in conversation, typical office fare: which department do you work in, how long have you been with the firm, what hobbies do they have, etc. If the conversation is boring (and it probably will be), she will retreat to the study and begin reading up on the history of the Camarilla. When it gets close to dawn, she will attempt to bring the tome to her room. If any other books strike her as interesting, she will attempt to bring those as well.
    TC for short

26. - Top - End - #446
    Titan in the Playground

Claire

As Rogan turned on the truck Claire buckled up. Before that though she reached down under the seat coming up with the clothes she'd worn from her apartment earlier. Reaching into the a pocket she remove a sheet of printer paper and looked at it considering while she spoke idly tapping a finger against the paper.

"What do you have in mind next? I was hoping to have time tonight to get my car back before it gets towed or something. And to get working on that other project. I took a quick peek before I met you and put out the first feelers but there wasn't time to do more then a quick look. Your money should be movable once I get a location for it to go set up. After that I should be able to hide the money and move it. Its not that much in business terms which works to our advantage. Sean Loveless is another story entirely. He's got millions and a bunch of money coming in from somewhere overseas I'd guess by the titles here."

27. - Top - End - #447
    Troll in the Playground

EVERYONE
    Spoiler
    Show
    6 experience for everyone when they finished the night.

Thundercracker
    Spoiler
    Show
    Josef has a pretty extensive library, though the vast majority have nothing to do with the supernatural. There are a few random books on the Sabbat, Werewolves, and the one about the Kindred of the East, though any non-Camarilla book is going to be full of inaccuracies. Josef has a good deal of knowledge, but it's not like he has the innter secrets of others.

Danielle

Danielle made it home. There was a car she didn't recognize in front of the house, and it became clear when she knocked on the door. Her mother stood there in the doorway, pale, and looking ten years older. She threw her arms around Danielle. Meanwhile, Danielle could see two police officers in the room staring at her. One of them seemed young, and his face was a blank expression. The other was a bit older, and he smiled at Danielle.

It was painfully obvious that they knew what had happened, likely an insurance from the Camarilla.

"Are you okay?" Danielle's mother whispered in Danielle's ear.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I forgot, does Danielle's mother have a name yet?

Amy
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are hallucinating, I don't see where I switched the names.

"You have the ability, girl. I wonder if you have the stomach for it." Donovon started to pull her hood off, but then stopped, thinking better of it. "It's time you returned to the apartment complex." Though Donovon was standing still, she began to fade, and within a few seconds was gone.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

That's another cool trick Amy thinks to herself when Donovon disappears right in front of her. She firmly refuses to dwell on Donovon's last words: she'll see if she has the stomach for it when the situation presents itself, she guesses. It'll depend what she asks me to do. As long as it's just counteracting attacks from a group of madmen, Amy reckons it should be fine.

She makes her way back to the entrance, hoping Mike is waiting for her as promised. "Mike?" She calls out. Donovon said to return to the apartment, which she assumes means she can move there, now. But I need my computer, and at least some clean clothes. And that couple of useless trinkets which are of some sentimental value for her. "Mike, could you...drive me home, please?" She assumes he knows where it is, even if she hasn't told him.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle

Spoiler
    Show

Mother's name is Melissa (I think the only time it was mentioned is in her back-story).

Her mother was worried and pale, and there was a man in the background smiling ... it is a police officer, you can't kill a police officer ... not just for standing their smiling ... the look she gave him spoke volumes.

Sent by the vampires to keep watch ... or was that paranoia?

Still her anger melted away when she returned her mothers hug "I'm ok mom", she whispered back "I'm ok", it was a close to the truth as she could get.
    She should let go she knew laugh it off or say something about a misunderstanding, but she stood there for a while simply letting stress leave her in a moment of comfort.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Troll in the Playground

Amy

Mike was waiting outside, his pretty face on. "Yeah, sure thing." Mike wasn't in a talkative mood as they drove to Amy's house. It was clear he did not want to know what Amy and Donovon had talked about. Whether it was fear or respect she couldn't tell.

When they pulled up to her place, Mike spoke more freely. "Do you want any help packing?"

He was assuming she wasn't going to stay there any longer, that she'd go back to the abandoned apartment.

Danielle
    The two officers stood up and started to leave. It was like a cheap cop movie, with one black veteran, the one who was smiling, and a young, white rookie, the one who had kept his face neutral. The first seemed all cheers and grins. "See, we told you she'd be back soon enough. For now, just keep her indoors during the day, and don't worry about the food. The doctors are still trying to figure out what Mr. Clover injected her with."

The young officer knelt by Danielle. His voice was a strange mix of sympathy and apathy, and she couldn't tell which was being forced, and which was coming naturally. "We told your mother everyone. Billy and his neo-nazi friends abducted you and injected you with some new chemical agent. We'll try to get to the bottom of this, and figure out what it means. Stay out of trouble until then."

"Right. Now if you two lovely ladies will excuse us, we'll head out on. Don't hesitate to call if there's a problem."