New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Banned

Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles IC, Chapter 1: Eyes Open

"Dang, man. Now idea dude used to be a family man, really." But then again, there had apparently been a lot of things he had not known about friends and family, from the looks of things. In between studying some of the photos and pacing about the room - he was unfamiliar with this particular property, having only known Flockton's office in Seattle earlier with the exception of vague hints at there being some other hidey-holes throughout Havensworth proper - Faruq made to check for his suit, his notes from the drive home, and his composure in that order.

He felt like he would normally have felt on a particular kind of bad hair morning, and his typical remedy - waddling to the fridge in his underwear, getting a cold hot-dog and devouring it on the balcony while the coffee machine ran - would apparently be denied him from now on. Or maybe not, he'd have to test it. Plan "Swallow your tongue and spite them" went into section two, "Find real food and try it". But more importantly, he'd have to get some questions out to Flockton and Ahmad, and by now he was together well enough to mouth them.

Maybe check in with Isaac, too. That was what he had forgotten, come to think of it. Establish continuable contact with Byron. The dude knew stuff, and apparently had his share of insight on certain matters. Still, though, really. Immortality. Kinda funny, that. You could get God-knows-how-old, and you still wouldn't know whether it's actual immortality. He'd have to drop that line some time. Better write it down. Now to find out what time it is, what the score looks like, and what exactly I'm supposed to do with all of this.
    Last edited by Worlok; 2012-08-26 at 04:08 PM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Erica

The alarm on her watch went off at 7am, and her eyes snapped open. The room was pitch black and she couldn't see a thing, but she knew the sheets were not hers as she fumbled for her watch.

I’m more tired than usual, maybe I’m getting sick… extra glass of orange juice at breakfast.

Suddenly, the previous night's events came back to her in a rush: helplessness at the hands of Kirsch, the Faustian deal, loss of control again, then the blood, drinking it, and actually liking it, then the bizarre trial and debutante ball. Her hand crept to her neck to feel for a pulse, but of course there was none.

Erica swung her legs over the side of the bed and stood up, letting the bedsheets fall away as she felt her way to the light switch. The room was bathed in light, and she stumbled her way to the phone. Punching the numbers from memory, she called her manager. Answering machine, as expected at 7am.

"Hey, it's Erica. I'm sick today and won't be in to work, just letting you know," she said, adding a cough and a sniffle for good measure.

Then she turned off the lights and crawled back into bed, falling asleep before she’d even pulled the covers all the way up.

She was awoken again by voices outside her door, voices which quickly faded down the hallway. She glanced at her watch; the small light in the corner of the display lit up and showed 3:37 pm. She wasn't sure what time the sun set, but it was a good bet it was sometime well after 3:30 pm. Too nervous to return to slumber, Erica flicked on the lights again and stepped into the shower. Her skin was cold, and she welcomed the hot water warming her flesh. Curious, she turned the heat up, as hot as she could bear it. She wasn’t sure, but she guessed it was much hotter than what she’d be able to bear before. Now though, her skin didn’t turn pink like it used to.

She dressed quickly, wearing the same clothes as yesterday as she didn’t want to wear her more casual outfits. She did leave the jacket off though. As she let her hair dry in the climate controlled air, she sat at the desk and reviewed her notes from the previous day, scribbling more here and there, filling in the blanks where she hadn't had the time earlier. Before long though, she ran out of things to write, and began pacing, bare feet padding across the carpet. Finally, she settled on watching the Disney Afternoon. Normally she didn’t watch television, but in this instance as she needed something to distract her mind before she lost it, and watching a bunch of annoyingly voiced cartoon characters get into and out of various shenanigans of their own doing seemed somehow appropriate.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2012-08-27 at 03:41 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

She enjoyed the music trying to place the piece the event of the previous night were still with her but unlike when she previously awoke she felt hungry now, a primal hunger but not a pressing one.
    The music was soothing somewhat.

As she opened her eyes her comfort was shattered they were closed before she even noticed the image of the body burned into her mind.

Be calm.

The man might have had family and friends, in fact it was likely.

Be calm.

Children who would miss him, a wife that loved him.

Be calm.

Her eyes still closed she flipped to her feet the movement snapping them open she didn't even look for Amy her glare intense and the knife pulled into her from where it had been tucked, to hell with calm, "Why is their a dead man before me", her voice harsh and low, the primal hunger was evident in it as she eyed both of them up the dead man as an instinctive meal the less dead one as a potential enemy ... an enemy that she was angry at.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

Amy slowly gets up, rubbing her eyes out of habit, even if, now that she thinks about it, they don't really feel itchy as they usually do in the morning. A perk of being a vampire, it seems, is that dry eyes and allergies don't bother you that much anymore. What's with the violins, anyway? she thinks, before realizing that there's a question which is much more urgent. Where's Danielle?

"Danielle?" she calls. She registers the blood on the table, noting the way in which her body has immediately identified it as food, even if her mind has been occupied with other thoughts. A bit more worrying is the sensation of need that accompanies the sight. I can think about breakfast later, after I undestand what the hell is happening. "Danielle?" she repeats, this time with a fair bit of worry in her tone, and, after a second "Mike?" Someone?

Spoiler
    Show
    ((Uhm, perception check to figure out what's going on? If I have to roll, let's say perception + alertness (6d10)[6][4][7][8][3][10](38)))
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2012-08-29 at 12:24 AM. Reason: I forgot the name in bold

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

Amy

Amy realized she was in another room, but definately in the same building. The sound of the music was downstairs, so she was definately on a higher floor than Danielle. She could also hear the faint tapping of a shoe. Someone was waiting for her right outside the door.

Claire

Rogan listened. All his response was, was to nod, and then give her options. "Very well, Claire. You may either take Victor's truck, or you can have him drive you. Meet me at central park in three hours." He stood up, and left.

Victor was standing there, cutting up some food. She could tell he noticed her, but was making a point not to look at her. It seemed more out of fear than disrespect. No one else was in the room. It still smelled something foul and ripe inside.

Danielle

Flat Face snorted. He looked down at the dead man. "Hey, buddy, the lady asked a question." He took hold of the dead man's jaw, making it move up a down as if it were a puppet. "I'm dead because I'm an unlucky bastard who made a rude comment to my good buddy Flat Face. So I got to be your breakfast instead of the homeless shmuck. Ain't that something?" Flat Face kicked the chair, letting him roll onto the floor. "When you get your fill, we'll leave."

Erica

When she stepped out, a couple office employees passed her. They didn't seem phased with her presence, going about her work. Byron was quickly at her though, walking quickly down the hall. He seemed far less fresh this time, likely he hadn't slept all day. "I hope your sleep went well Ms. Lee. Mr. Kirsch is still resting, but he should be up shortly. He wished to meet you in his study again, if it was favorable to you."

Faruq

As Faruq left the room, he could see Flockton below, giving orders to men as they moved boxes around, and loaded them onto the trucks to be distributed further into mainland America. He looked up and saw Faruq. It was too far away to say anything without shouting, but he looked a moment longer than necessary to show Faruq he had seen him, and continued talking to the workers.

Rick

"Well, Rick," she said his name playfully, "You'll get to see some of the Chantry. You'll also get to meet the other Tremere in the city. She was a bit too busy to attend the meeting. I think the head boss already has a job for you, and he'll tell you on it. Oh, and you get to select what path to take, what kind of magic on top of the basics to research."

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Erica
    Erica nodded and followed Byron down the hall, heels clicking on the floor as she walked.

"He's still resting? I've been up for hours," she said, "it looks like you have too... did the coffee machine break down?"
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

She has been moved. That's... worrying and confusing. How can I have been moved without noticing? She gives another longing look to the blood, but she wants to see who's at the door, first. She looks around, searching for something that can be used like an improvised weapon, and goes to open the door to see who's on the other side.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((She's going to try to arm herself with whatever is in the room that is suitable: so, a poker if there's a fireplace, for instance, or barring that, something pointy or heavy.))

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

8. - Top - End - #248
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

Rick

"I see. Sounds like I should get to it then. Much to get done, and I've only half the time I use to." He smiles, waiting for Chase to lead the way.

The events of the past evening hit him fully, and the detective wonders just what he has gotten himself into. Still, he's not about to show weakness in front of anyone. Whatever comes, he'll deal with it. If nothing else, Henry seemed willing to avoid sending him out to do anything morally objectionable.
    Rick raises an eyebrow at the notion of learning some magic. Even now, he has to fight back a laugh. Magic was ridiculous. But not anymore ridiculous then actual vampires, so the detective decided to withhold judgment for the moment. .

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

The callousness hit her hard, not because it was new to her but because it was something she could see in herself, she had threatened people at school and acted on the threats as she felt appropriate.
    Flat not Flak she noticed this time.

Still she ignored all of that "I have a bloody vampire hunter after me", she spoke through gritted teeth, "a man that seems to have tracked my idiot bastard of a sire through body count", pausing for what should have naturally been a breath "and you think that the best way to teach me is to start leaving a trial for him".

She pointed at the body, "homeless or not he will likely have people wondering where he got to, maybe police if he was an source or a friend of a source, maybe drug gangs ... maybe anyone that could give us away to the hunter", logic might work where emotion failed, "I don't mind the thought of having to kill" the lie obvious "but only if it is absolutely necessary" this was more true she would do what she had to.

Still the death would be entirely pointless if she didn't drink, she approached the body with the knife wondering where to cut to get blood "what is the normal way of getting blood out", she also examined the body for signs of disease or likely disease.

Spoiler
    Show

Medicine Check: (3d10)[10][3][1](14)

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

I used intelligence + medicine for the above, sorry should have noted that.

On consideration I should have used perception for noticing things.
    If I can I would add the following dice to the above for perception.
    (1D10)[4](4)

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

Erica

Byron led her to the study, the same out of place room where she had been dominate, where she had seen Faruq's bloody death at the hands of a partially unclothed Melanie via video, and where she had died.

The book was different this time. This time it was a leather bound book. It was titled "History of the Camarilla, Volume I". It was thick, like an encyclopedia. She had less than a minute before Josef entered the room.

"Byron, you are excused. Rest, I will need you during the daytime tomorrow."

"My liege." Byron gave a medium bow and left.

Without expression, Josef turned to Erica. "Do you have any questions you would like answered before we begin?"

Amy

The best Amy could find was a broken toaster. The two chair at the table were two large, and nothing else seemed to work. The room was sparse.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll for dexterity+stealth if she wishes to sneak up on the person. Roll perception+empathy to get a better idea of who is outside.

Rick

Rick is led through a few hallways. They are plain, and lit by dim lights. Finally, they approach a pair of iron doors. Chase places her hand on it, and the doors instinctively open. On the other side is a library. It's not large or grand, but the hairs on the back of Rick's neck stand on end. He feels multiple presences in the room. It's an unnerving feeling. Quenton is sitting in a chair, wearing a pair of thin glasses, and reading a fashion magazine. At seeing Rick, he smiles and casually tosses his reading material behind him.

"There's my childer. All right, Henry'll see you in a little bit. Before then, you want to take a look at the different lores we have, or you want to meet Venice?"

Danielle

The man seemed healthy save for a case of the broken neck. Flat Face shrugged at Danielle's comments. He reached into his pocket. He threw the object towards Danielle, a driver's license. "Already gave the info to Donovon. She'll handle the clean up. Now drink up. I'm supposed to bring you on a tour of the city, don't need to waste time hunting live prey this time."

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

Spoiler
    Show
    Ooc: for the sake of saving a back-and-forth, I'll do both. First of all, perception+empathy (6d10)[8][6][9][5][10][10](48)

ONLY IF she doesn't recognise who's at the door, or if he's someone she deems hostile (at the moment, only Flat Face comes to mind, or someone not of the Nosferatu), then she'll be an idiot a badass, grabbing the toaster and trying to sneak on them
    Just in case,dex+stealth
    (6d10)[9][1][2][5][4][4](25)
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2012-09-01 at 08:27 AM.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Claire

Acknowledging her sire's words Claire pulled her clothes on as he left. They didn't feel right any more but they wouldn't be needed much longer anyways. Loosely presentable to the public she approached Victor.

"Keys, please. I'll drive myself." She said politely but neutrally.

She really wanted nothing more to do with the man, certainly she didn't need a chauffeur.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

Erica
    "The first thing I was going to ask is if there was some kind of reference material I could read, but I'm guessing that's it right there," she says, nodding towards the book with a small smile.

"I have dozens of questions, Mr. Kirsch," she continued, fingering her planner, "but I have a feeling we won't get to all of them tonight, so I'm thinking the most important are the ones about any dangers out there, Kindred or otherwise, and how to avoid them... like Jack of Nine Blades."

"After that, I wanted to discuss my job responsibilities at Weinmann and Kirsch, and then if we have time, maybe we can go through the rest."
    TC for short

15. - Top - End - #255
    Banned

Faruq

There were certain uncertainties, certainly. Flockton plied his trade, their trade, as usual, by the looks of it, and given that masquerade business, it would probably not be wise to just barge in with the whole set of vampire-related questions Faruq found himself entertaining now. All the more since he still didn't know whether he had actually been disowned, and whether or not he was still considered a part of the company, despite the assurances of his tormentors. And then there was the fact that some part of his still wanted for this all to be a particularly bad trip or nightmare.

No, he'd wait for Flockton to bring up the important topics, let the guy make the first move. He did have something of a standing in case of an argument this time around: It had been Flockton, not he himself, who had caused this whole mess by selling out to... what was basically the enemy, after all. The level of danger inherent in this whole affair was unknowable, but the points mostly checked in his favor, or so it seemed. And even then, Flockton being the harsh-but-fair-even-though-scary-when-mad type of guy the younger man remembered him as, it likely wouldn't even have to come that far.

And as such, he made sure to look halfway respectable, assume a semblance of alertness that came to him far more easily now then ever to his memory, and approached, casual like: "Evening, Charles. I interrupting anything?"

16. - Top - End - #256

DrowGuy

Rick
    Rick looks around instinctively for the source of his discomfort, but finds nothing. For some reason, he finds this more disturbing than the actual discomfort.

Seeing Quenton relaxes him somewhat, which was darkly humorous, considering the man had been the one to kill him.

"Interesting choice of reading material." He jokes, but he quickly turns serious upon being presented the choice. Meeting another member of his clan could prove useful, but the lore that Quenton mentioned intrigued the detective. Besides, knowing more of the basic lore made Rick feel safer. The last thing he wanted to do was say something completely uneducated that proved his status as new blood. "No disrespect to Venice, but I'd rather learn more of our lore."
    Last edited by Dark Seeker; 2012-09-01 at 02:00 PM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Amy

Amy approaches the door carefully, until she sees the shoe peeking out. It's a brown, working shoe, it's one of Mike's shows. "Hey, you're up?" He steps into the door, seeing her holding the broken toaster. "It's um... broken. And well... we can't eat bread." He looks mildly embarassed.

Claire

Victor still avoids eye contact. Putting the keys on the kitchen counter. And pushing them as far from him as possible. Yes, it was defiantely fear. She could hear from outside glass breaking as she grabbed the keys. It was a bad neighborhood all right, but her disheveled appearance made her fit in a lot better than she would have wanted to admit a night ago.

Spoiler
    Show
    You can get to you place without issue. Longer response when you get there, assuming Claire does drive there.

Erica

Josef paced. "What can destroy us? That Erica is lesson, two. It is a good sign that self preservation is the first thing on your mind, an adequate question. As for that book?" He gesutred to the one on the table. "A history lesson if it interests you. It describes the society we live in. There are other sects of kindred, though none are as organized or as powerful."

He stepped close to her, and Erica could feel an unease in her, not out of fear, or of lack of trust, but how powerful Josef felt next to her, made her feel weak in comparison. "The first lesson, Erica, is what you are, what you have become. Only when you understand yourself can you understand what threatens you. Now Erica, I want you to reach inside yourself, find the passion within you. Project it, force it upon me. Do not move your body, do not speak words. Focus."

Faruq

"Nothing important." He gestured, and the two walked to one of the side offices. After closing the door, Flockton turned around, looking like he was ready to hit Faruq. "Do you want to tell me why you made a fool of yourself last night? You would speak that way to the Russians if they paid a visit. Or would you? If Yuri Votslav came in with a dozen enforcers with him, would you call him a fool?" Yuri Votslav was known to anyone with criminal ties, the most influential, and cruelest criminal boss until one got to Seattle. "Speak, Faruq, it's your specialty after all."

Rick

Quenton nodded. "No worries, Venice doesn't care much for social pleasantries." He stood up and pointed Rick to another table, one with several printed papers on it. As Rick approached, he could see the were word documents written in old english style.

"To be honest Rick," Quenton continued, "What we do isn't real magic. Supposedly it exists, but it's not something the dead can do. Superhuman strength, speed, unnatural allure, these are things many kindred can do with their cursed blood. Our magic is the realization that the blood can do far more things than most kindred realize. It is one of Clan Tremere's better kept secrets. Other kindred call it blood magic, giving power to it, making it seem superstitious. In truth? It's the exact same as their powers."

He pointed to one sheet of paper labeled Path of Blood. "This is the fundamental to all the other lores. One can learn one type of blood magic without knowing the Path of Blood, it's simply more difficult. Take a read, see what interests you. It's a fairly important decision, but there is no right or wrong answer. Hank likes to let the newly embraced make the pick early. In fact, I hear other chantries don't make this kind of selection. However, it's our tradition here in Havensworth."

As Rick browsed some of the sheets, it was like reading a Fantasy book. Lure of the Flames, Path of Conjuring, Hands of Destruction, Alchemy, the Focused Mind, Path of Curses, Path of Transmutation, Elemental Mastery, the Green Path, Path of Technomancy, Path of Shadowcrafting.

Spoiler
    Show
    Intelligence + Occult or Academics. Difficulty 7. The more successes, the more Rick understands what he's reading.
    Last edited by daelrog; 2012-09-01 at 09:30 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

"I didn't want to make toast, I wanted to... uhm... hit you in the head with it. Sorry, I didn't know it was you." Amy puts down the toaster. And now that I think about it, I'm not even sure if a blow in the head hurts vampires or not "Where's Danielle? I went to sleep with her yesterday. And I wasn't in this room."

Spoiler
    Show
    ((Just out of curiosity, is Mike using mask or is he in his true appearance?))

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Erica
    Erica furrowed her brow in concentration.

"I'm not sure I understand, but I'll try," she replied.

She thought about all the trials she'd been through that had brought her to this point and the burning inside that had driven her thus far, the thirst for justice (revenge?), and the need to make her elders proud. The white hot drive flared in her chest and she projected it forward towards the man standing in front of her. It seemed so insignificant next to him, like trying to match lungs against gale, but she kindled the embers within her and pushed with all her might.

Erica didn't know if something was supposed to happen, but after the display Kirsch had shown her yesterday, she was inclined to trust him fully in matters of... whatever it was he'd done.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2012-09-01 at 10:07 PM.
    TC for short

20. - Top - End - #260

DrowGuy

Rick

Rick browses several of the sheets, but focuses largely on the Path of Blood. If it was foundational to the other paths, it seemed like a good place to start. His eyes scan the document, attempting to soak all the information up.

Spoiler
    Show
    Intelligence+Academics (5d10)[29] I'll also spend a willpower if I can on this.

21. - Top - End - #261

DrowGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    one more time (5d10)[1][6][7][9][2](25)

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

She looked at the licence carefully, so I got to be your breakfast instead of the homeless shmuck, she had assumed that Flat Face had been referring to the fate of the man, now she was not to sure that he hadn't meant that this guy had died instead of a homeless person.

She glared at Flat Face, he was a killer and unemotional about it ... Al had mentioned about getting used to death and this man certainly was, she wanted to fight him make him weak show him that he couldn't get away with this kind of thing ... but she didn't it would likely be pointless and even if she managed to win well nothing would change.

She examined the body again, a clean break so either fast on someone relaxed or pure brute strength, neither was something she felt she would be able to manage with any consistency if it came to that.

She bent over the body and started poking it gently with the knife to find where to make a cut before freezing ... she was a predator, this was prey, she was hungry and she was over-thinking it.

Stepping back she re-examined the body for where felt natural she could now feel her teeth grow her incisors getting longer and moved towards the man's neck at the shoulder where she let nature take its course.

The blood felt good, life giving and sweet, but also cold, she found herself savouring the taste noticing the changes in the blood at first where it would have been at the surface to when she was drinking from blood that should have been deeper.

Finally having her fill she, pulled back and realising what she had done jerked back looking at the corpse horror in her eyes for a brief instant before she she started to control herself.

Ignore emotion, just be cold about it, this was life the man had died for her dinner, like a cow or sheep, the killer was nothing more then providing a breakfast for her, it will be easier this way.

She stood slowly smoothing her clothes and turned to Flat Face, "I apologize I misheard your name last night and refereed to you as Flak rather then Flat, further I should thank you for providing me a breakfast that avoiding me having to personally murder anyone this night", she nodded her head almost imperceptible to show this thanks, learn what you need to then do things your way, that was what school, fighting and life in general had thought her and she could act on it now.

"I would like a change of clothes and a shower, but I am guessing that my wants can be dealt with on my own time, what do you need to teach me so that I can stop being a burden on you", she figured it would be how to avoid breaking the traditions, how far she could skirt them, how to get food, how to cover up after herself, how to survive, and maybe some politics ... but she was mentally prepared for some surprises.

She couldn't help but feel better now that she had fed even as she couldn't stop herself from continuously glancing at the corpse's eyes and suppressing a shudder at what her life was now.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

Amy

Mike was his normal, ugly self. He blinked at first, and looked at the blender. "Okay." As Amy kept talking he forgot about it. "Yeah, Flat Face and I talked about it and thought it better to split you and the Clanless up. We have... very different teaching styles. So, why don't we step out for a bit? There's a few other safe places for us in the city, a few a lot nicer than this place. What do you say?" He reached his hand out.

Erica

Josef Kirsch waiting. Nothing happened. He nodded. "I see. So you do not posess the power of presence yet. A most useful talent, but one not necessary at this point." He snapped his fingers loudly. A young woman entered the room, head bowed low. She was wearing a grey business suit. Thin, dark hair, a little shy of pretty.

"Erica, look this woman in the eye and command her. Will her to do something, whatever you wish."

Rick

Spoiler
    Show
    Two successes, and one temporary willpower spent.

The details were lost on Rick, but he understood the grasp of what each lore was about, especially the path of blood. It started with understanding 'vitae' which Rick deduced was a term for kindred blood. It went to the point of destroying that same blood by force of will.

As for the others, Rick understood the basics of what each did. Lure of Flames was creating artificial fire, hands of destruction was withering both object and flesh, etc. As stated, the Path of Blood was already decided for him, as apparently it was the first path of the Tremere. To what would be his other path, was up to him.

Danielle

Flat Face laughed in approval. "Not bad at all Caitiff." Get your shower, dust off your clothes, I'll be waiting at the front. Think there's still a working shower a few rooms away." He looked at his watch, a watch he didn't have yesterday. "When you're ready, we'll pay the fish a visit.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

Erica
    Erica knew what this was; she'd been subjected to the same only a day earlier. She recalled that while it was not uncomfortable, once the moment had passed, she realized just how helpless she had been. Erica steadied her breath, and decided to model her attempt on what Josef had done to her.

"No matter what I say, I want you to remain perfectly motionless, is that clear?" she asked.

After waiting for an answer, Erica looked the girl in the eye, and 'pushed' with her willpower as she spoke.

"Put your hand on your head,"
    "Stand on one leg,"
    "Okay, stand normally again,"

As the girl quietly went through the motions, a growing sense of dread filled Erica's chest.

"Take off your shoes,"
    "Lie down on your back,"

Erica shifted position to maintain eye contact, though her emotion was now clearly showing on her face.

"Okay, stand normally again. Put your shoes back on,"

"Now, tell me your deepest... no, you don't need to tell me that."

How can I make this poor girl spill her deepest desires, against her will? This is... scary.

"Don't tell anyone what happened in this room tonight, keep it a secret."

She glanced back to Josef, clearly frightened of what she was now capable of.
    TC for short

25. - Top - End - #265

DrowGuy

Rick

Rick spends a long moment in contemplation. Several of the Paths seem fascinating, but only one truly speaks to him. He places the document of Elemental Mastery in front of him, and taps it.

"This is the path I wish to learn."

He had always been fascinated by the elements. Having even a slight amount of control over them appealed to the detective.
    Last edited by Dark Seeker; 2012-09-02 at 11:27 PM.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

Erica

Josef dismissed the woman. The woman had complied, and did not seem particularly shaken by the ordeal. "You need not worry at this point Erika. Anyone who comes to this study is either an honored guest, or under my complete control." He waits for the door to close. "Dominate, the second legacy of our Clan. It's no surpise that you have talent in it. Whereas presence sways emotions, dominate forces action. Understand that one is not a substitute for the other. Now close your eyes Erica, and I will test for the third and final discipline our Clan naturally posesses."

Rick

"Hm, that's a curious one. Haven't seen anyone use it in a long time. I think Henry will like it." Quenton clapped his hands together and rubbed them. "Keep it in the back of your mind. There's other work to do."

As if on cue, a ring came from the other side of the library. Chase strided over to it and pick it up, without answering. She listened briefly, and hung up. "Henry will see you now."

"Hell, old bastard was probably spying on us. All right, head up the stairs over there, and walk down the hall. It's about a minute's walk. Knock on the door at the end twice. We'll stay behind."

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Erica
    Erica closed her eyes and waited, unsure of what to expect.
    TC for short

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

Danielle, Mike. She has a name. Amy thinks Dammit, not you, too, but she doesn't say it out loud. She stares at Mike's hand, instead, surprised. He hadn't seemed too keen on physical contact yesterday, when she had looked for it. She briefly wonders if it's a way to manipulate her, but...he would have done that yesterday, right? Besides, it's Mike.

She gives him an hesitant smile and takes his hand "Okay. Er... if that was supposed to be breakfast, I didn't drink it yet. I was worried about who was at the door. And..." and she would very much like a shower, and fresh clothes to wear, something that doesn't smell like sweat and possibly blood...
    ...the mundane train of tought stops. Besides, it's Mike. That had been her exact thought, as if she had known him for years, instead of having just met the real him the night before. She remembers Danielle's words, with a feeling of unease Ask him. she tells herself, firmly If you really trust him, there's no reason not to ask. "Uhm...Mike. Can I ask you something, first?"
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2012-09-03 at 01:40 AM.

29. - Top - End - #269

DrowGuy

Rick

Rick is tempted to ask Quenton what he had first studied, but decides that now is not the time, especially with Henry wanting to see him. He follows his Sire's advice, and walks to meet his new boss. He's still more than a little intimidated by the boy, but their brief conversation last night seemed to have gone off well enough. Maybe this one would as well.

Finding himself in front of the door, Rick knocks on it twice. The detective wonders if this particular greeting was part of some elaborate magical ritual.
    Or Henry could just be hard of hearing. But Rick wanted to make no assumptions until he knew the boy better.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle
    Danielle left the room quickly after nodding her understanding, she was grateful do be away from the corpse, but pocketed the licence for possible use later, and placed the knife in a front pocket of her top in beside the zipper.

In the third door she found the shower, it was in surprisingly good condition with a towel available, a shower curtain, a heater and even a mirror and comb ... sure it was dank and nobody had cleaned the room in a while allowing grime to build up but overall it was better then she expected.

She stripped off quickly her clothes clinging to her from the sweat of her run the day, she turned on the shower and making a decision she knew she might regret later she tested the water and finding it warm she quickly washed her clothes under the water before squeezing the excess water from them and placing them on the heater ... they might be wet but at least they wouldn't be so unpleasant to wear.

Finished with that she stepped in herself and quickly wiped the sweat off herself also, it was a quick shower with the only real care spent on her hair ... she wondered if it would grow back if she cut it ... with her luck with this whole vampire thing probably not, so better be careful with it.

She could have got lost in her thoughts but she didn't want to have another breakdown or delay Flat Face any more, the shower was a kindness after all.

Pulling the curtain back she combed her hair setting it straight and working out some kinks and tangles carefully, before picking up the still damp clothes (she was right she did regret that now) and dressing herself quickly and efficiently.

Well Amy I hope you have a good night looks like we won't have a chance to talk more, looking in the mirror and as satisfied as she could be that she didn't look to bad, she moved to the front of the building to meet up with her instructor.

Seeing Flat Face "Thank you for that time, I am ready when you are", she wanted to ask some questions but it seemed clear he would say what he wanted when he wanted and not simply to sate her curiosity.
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2012-09-03 at 02:08 AM.