New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles IC, Chapter 1: Eyes Open

Spoiler
    Show

Shoot. Rick will put another blood into dexterity, bringing it to 4 for the scene.

Soak (3d10)[7][10][3](20)

Dex+ Brawl- 1 (6d10)[4][8][5][10][1][3](31)

Strength (3d10)[1][7][5](13)

Rick's eyes widen as the knife comes out. "Low blow..." He stammers out.

He needs to end this fight fast. He uses the blood to boost his reflects even more, and hopes he can break more than just Cavet's nose.
    Last edited by Dark Seeker; 2012-10-08 at 11:06 PM.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

"Uhm, I'm not sure. The same, I guess?" She takes a moment to check with herself that what she just said is true. Yeah, it is, more or less. If she concentrates, she can barely percieve a feeling of tension, like she's doing some low-grade physical effort - enough to let her know there's something going on, not enough to cause her discomfort "Do I look the same as I did...uhm...before?"

She looks Mike in the eyes when he mentions his sire. There's a opening, if she ever heard one, and she's too curious to pass it up. "Your sire... uhm... is he in Havensworth as well?" A pretty tame question, but it should be clear that her meaning is Can you tell me about him?

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

Erica
    Erica nodded as Josef spoke.

Melanie told me as much, trust no one, do whatever it takes to survive. I've no doubt she would use me as a shield to protect herself, I wonder if Josef would do the same.

She thought back to their first meeting.

He thought I meant to usurp him, even though that wasn't the case, he was so certain it was true... probably because it's happened so often in the past. Are they all like that? Am I like that already?

Jules would seek to undermine me, why?

Because you're Josef's... what.. heir? Daughter? progeny?

Erica considered her next words very carefully.

"I guess I've inherited more than a dominating gaze," she said, smiling slightly.

How did Josef survive all these years? Not like Melanie, for sure, allies remember when you betray them to save yourself, and even if you don't betray them, they see how you treat your other allies. He's smart, he has foresight, sees things before they happen, plans contingencies. Intelligence, information, paranoia, that's how you survive.

"I'll do my best to learn how the pieces move," she said, borrowing a metaphor from Byron, "I'm of the opinion the best way to thrive is to know what's going to happen on the board before anyone else does."

Something from the previous night's ceremony struck her then.

"I do have a question, though," she said, "If Ahmad killed Weinmann, and tried to kill you, and we know he was behind it, isn't that breaking one of the traditions?"
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #364
    Troll in the Playground

Rick

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll better Dark. The end result is he's down one more health level, you are down three more as the last attacks were lethal, not bashing. In total he's has four I'm also going to rule that Rick loses on dot of blood from the knife wound. He's at the wounded level, you are at the mauled.

The knife flashed out catching Rick in the neck, cutting the artery, a wound that would have killed a mortal. Blood sprayed out fast, though the artery was already closing as Rick knocked Cavet back again.

The man seem to realize something was wrong this time, but it didn't stop him. If anything, it enraged him more.

Spoiler
    Show
    Melee+Dexterity - 2 = (2d10)[6][9](15)
    Strength (3d10)[2][10][3](15) + potence
    Stamina (2d10)[4][1](5)

EDIT: I suggest increasing your stamina.

Amy

"Mostly. Few differences here or there, but mostly minor things. You'll get better." Mike was treating this as a teacher mentoring a student. Obviously this was his realm of expertise.

"My sire met final death about thirty years ago to the Sabbat. Wasn't around, but I got the news a few days after it happened. She was doing some recon down in Mexico and got caught." He shrugged his shoulders. "Can't say I miss her too much. We never really saw eye to eye on things. Still, felt kind of bad when she bought it. That's the risk when you tangle with the enemy."

Erica

"The traditions are a lie." Josef let the words sink in. "Any kindred who reaches a position of power hasn't broken several of the traditions. However, they aren't caught. Make no mistake Erica, if you are found to have broken one of the six traditions you will be put to death, and there is nothing I can do to save you. In time though, you will find that the only way to move forward is by breaching one of those laws, and you will, and you will do so without being caught.

"There are thirteen Clans descended from Caine, and seven owe allegiance to the Camarilla, the Ventrue, the Toreador, the Brujah, the Nosferatu, the Gangrel, the Malkavians, and the Tremere. Two clans, the Lasombra and Tzimisce owe allegiance to the Sabbat, our greatest foe, those kindred who think that kindred should rule openly over mankind. Then there are the independs, the Ravnos, the Setites, the Giovanni, and the Assamites. Each has their own agenda in the jyhad. Assad belongs to Clan Assamite. They follow their own laws. Murder and diablerie is acceptable and even encouraged. Faruq most likely thinks he's one of them due to his relationship to his descendent. The only thing that will probably keep him alive amongst them is he's of the thirteenth generation. If he was a lower generation like you, they'd diablerize him and make one of their own one step closer to Caine."
    Last edited by daelrog; 2012-10-09 at 12:10 AM.

5. - Top - End - #365

DrowGuy

Rick

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm trying, believe me. If Rick gets killed by a ghoul...

one more blood to Stamina.

Soak: (4d10)[9][6][5][3](23)

Dex+ Brawl: -2 (5d10)[2][3][1][4][7](17)

Damage: (3d10)[3][8][9](20)

The battle is taking it's toll on Rick. How could a human go toe to toe with him? Wasn't he supposed to be super powerful now that he was a vampire?

He's beginning to feel a little reluctant to spend any more blood, but he needs to end this. He lines up another left hook, hoping to knock Cavet down for good.

Only for it to miss. Cavet ducks under his punch, and brings the knife right into the detective's chest. The damage is not as bad as it could have been, but given that he's already suffered so much, it all but cripples him. Rick never enjoys giving up, but he knows that all Cavet needs is another good hit and he could very well be dead. No, time to throw in the towel.

He collapses to the floor, groaning in pain. Hopefully Cavet would stop the attack, not wanting to commit a murder. At least around so many witnesses.
    Last edited by Dark Seeker; 2012-10-09 at 12:50 AM.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle

She wasn't sure that they understood her, but in theory they had confirmed that you could providing you were disciplined enough set yourself and ideal you wanted and follow that, and if that ideal was heinous no worries and if it was deeply personal that was fine too, "right, stick with getting used to things for now, thanks thought it explains a bit".

She moved to indicate that she was ready to leave, but stopped herself, "just one last thing, I have to deal with Jackal the Ninebladed, would either of you have heard anything about him that might be useful?", it was a long shot but she had to start gathering info on him and these two might know things outside normal channels particularly if he had been tracking Billy and looking into his associates.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

Claire

Claire watched Rogan at work. He made it look so easy. Something rose within her at the sight of it all. What he was taking, she wanted it. That taste remembered from last night, so sweet. Memories of what the girl had felt. It had been ectasy, better then sex, better then any drug could be. There was a hunger in her, a hunger for more.

Claire forced it down. Stick to the plan, think about what you are doing too much and you won't stay in control. She needed that, she couldn't let that animal inside her win here. Take what you need, but do it under control and on your terms.

Once Rogan was done she knew it was her turn. She quietly got up from her position and made her way over to the dark haired guy she'd spotted earlier, putting just enough sway to look like she belonged here. And maybe Rogan would appreciate the sight of it. At the very least it would help keep the nervousness down. She could pick up a guy, but that beast inside her was whispering for more then just a snog in the corner. She forced it down with bravado, this was no different then having a little fun. It had to be no different.

Reaching the bar she took the seat next to the Mr dark hair and a suit. Murmuring slightly and taking a place with a slow fluid motion, hoping to draw his attention without looking like it.

"I hope this seat, isn't taken," she said with a smile to the man as she wave vague for the bartender. Maybe she'd buy him something stronger then beer to soften him up. At the very least ordering would give her a reason to have come over here. And a drink would do her some good too come to think of it.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

Erica
    Erica's eyes narrowed as she concentrated, attempting to soak in everything Josef said.

Kindred to rule openly over mankind

"That's suicide," she said, "if there were proof, they'd band together and destroy us all, and the only ones that would survive would be the ones who hid until... until vampires were nothing but myths. Or they'd keep us locked up so they could drink our blood and live forever..."

Mental note, find out if this happened already.

"Thirteenth...," she said.

Melanie is twelfth.

A very real fear gripped her chest.

I'm a target.

"How many steps from Caine am I then? What's to stop them from coming after me, I mean, to them, what's the difference between Faruq and myself?" she asked, her normally even tone rising in pitch but not volume, "What's to stop him from trying to diab-lerize, or whatever it is, me, to prove himself to them? Why would they want to be closer to Caine anyway, is it like a religion?"
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

Amy frowns. "Sabbat" She thinks she may have heard the word mentioned, but she's not sure... and it may have been in a completely different context. Wait... that's the name of a band... it -was- a completely different context, then. "Are those hunters, too? Like the one that's after Danielle?"
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2012-10-09 at 10:25 AM.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

10. - Top - End - #370
    Banned

Faruq

Initially, Faruq hadn't been quite sure what to make of that "Mexican" comment - Some sort of jab at him, perhaps? It wasn't unusual for people dealing with his darker-skinned self to initially assume that his roots lay down south, rather than out east, but the lack of an accent (that is, a Spanish one) and his occasional use of Arabic phrases on the more thick-headed elements of his business life typically made short work of such. "Yeah, I don't get it, either. Some of my best friends are Mexican." Which wasn't quite the truth, but hey, it was the best that he could offer right there, really.

But then, she may consider this whole thing some sort of joke, and seeing how he was already doing his best to keep his cool about him by this point, he decided to give her the benefit of the doubt. She sure seemed happy with herself, the giggling was a little odd, but not too unpleasant, and if this should work out, he'd get the means to take control restored. Not a bad deal, if ever so slightly annoying in a peculiar way.

What's the deal with this music, though? Could swear I heard it before. Sounds familiar. Might be Beethoven. Yeah. Sounds good. I think Beethoven was the one you're supposed to play as loudly as you can, wasn't he? That would make that okay, I guess. Ol' Coltrane works much better for a city drive, if ya ask me. But then them's oranges and pears, or how that went. They don't compare. Nice work on the piano, though.

He didn't get, or rather, didn't want to bring it up while on the ride, however, people did get so... defensive about music which they liked at times. And especially people with weight issues and a taste for beastiality. And then especially those that hung out with those. Soulmates. Wasn't that what people said they were when they just weren't sure about what, exactly, they were, and felt connected anyway? He briefly remembered The Walter of Darkness - Walter the Wankrag, to his friends(!) - a former schoolmate known and utterly reviled for his depressive fits and the lengthy, elaborate, mopey rant that was the entirety of everything he said throughout his life.

Crud. To think the guy had that whole whininess thing going on that's so damn popular these days... But then, he and Jessica had been "soulmates" too, and she laughed the loudest when we shoved him offa Forth Bridge, really. Ah well. He began to feel good about himself, there on the shotgun seat, speeding along next to a potentially crazy, gorgeous woman. It was a lot like in his visions of the future. The sheer volume of the music reminded him of old friends, and dearly he recounted the various times when Isaac, he, This Guy Jerome and the Amazing Afro-Irishman had sat around the foremost's grandma's old tea table that now acted as a footstool in a gross act of irreverence, passing the blunt around and discussing Hip-Hop's recent rise out of the ghettos in far less sophisticated terms than I use here. And even back in good ol' Scotia, similar had often happened, and the noise-level which the music caused, more so than, but along with its specific sound, conjured the joy of parties past. If it just hadn't been for...

That guy probably killed himself by this point. Walter, eh? Maybe I should, too... I won't. Nah. No point dying again, and I -am- on a mission from God, after all. There they went, those silly, very private thoughts of his that made him carry on, putting him at ease even as they passed Sasha's fellow harpy and the guy that walked next to her. Damn though, never got why he was so damn mopey all the time. Even now and in absence, he bums me out. "Axe-his-ten-sha-lism" my Afghan ass. Scored him attention is all there is to it. And Jessica, I mean, I won't lie... Casting another stealthy glance on Sasha, he felt himself briefly joining in her laughter, if at a different tune and pace. Only deal-breaker on that girl was that horribly horrid laugh of hers. Dang, man, I love my mind.

This other guy looked odd, not by any flaw of his own, the man was gorgeous as far as he could tell. And that even to him, who would likely forever remain oblivious to the standards by which women judged a male's attractiveness. Ah well, it happens. But that blood... Well, crud. And if you're reading this, no offense. he adressed whatever mind-readers there might have been in the vicinity, for that specific myth he would hold onto until dis-proof could be offered more convincingly. At any rate, there was something portentous about the scene, and his ongoing general distractedness did not quite add to that impression in a good way, really. ... Wait. Pianos? Maybe not Beethoven. The piano-guy was Chopin, not Beethoven - or am I stupid here? Dude's like right on the tip of my tongue... Huh. Penderecki doesn't sound like that, and it's a little soft for that there Richard Wagner, isn't it?

As if hypnotised, he still followed her, listening, but not really hearing, too enraptured by the thought of still having such memories, and being able to think about dead composers right before a meeting that might seal his fate, as if even now, and with his heart only stopping when he paused to try and listen to its beat, the world around him implied that he was alive, or had once been, and would face no real trouble settling into this new existence of undeath, no honor and cheap pretense. As if his decisions and choices had all been sound, and the entirety of his less-than-impressive history but mere foreplay to a more glorious one that lay ahead. He started to feel at ease, as if the music had helped him unwind, as if now, to the tune of the violins and occasional flute, the information he had gained would settle, and no longer refuse to serve his mind.

Ventrue. Actually quite a powerful name. Ven-TRUE. I like the ring. Faruq al-Assad the has-been-so, of Clan Ventrue, vampire of Havensworth. Future successor to his arch-enemy, and the nightmare of one Miss Melanie. Sure sounds cool. But have patience, man, patience just this once, and maybe the big guy can set you up with what else there is to know. Sasha led them up some stairs now, and he slowed almost unnoticeably to take a closer look at her behind. At any rate, he might just know a thing or two about quality times in company. It's looking up, up, up. And so did he, for now, so as to avoid causing offense in case she would look back, and just to be greeted by an unbroken expanse of... white.

And only as the optical illusion took effect did Faruq's enchanted buzz pass as well - if only just in time for him to undergo a more unsettling movement of the mind: A wave of darkness had washed over him in his embrace, several times, and for the briefest of instants, pictures of his own hatred made manifest, of fangs, flames and frenzied combat rushed through his sight, the intoxicating sensation of gushing blood, feral instincts and half-mad sentiment. The shattering of glass that came too easily, the thunder of four shots tearing his chest and belly once again... and that same hateful roar that he heard with eyes re-opened, chained in the basement with his sanguinary sustenance right in front of him.

It wasn't the fear that he'd seen reflected in Melanie's eyes, oh no, nothing as profound. But it was an uneasy memory, one that widened the eyes and pulled back the lips as it made its way across his face and down his spine as once that cursed neck-bite had. The roar died down, and Faruq wasn't certain whether he had, himself, made any noise as brightness turned to blackest night in but a blink. He sure hoped not. Yet he would have to play it cool.

"Er... Wow. Damn. Really got the drop on me just there. Nice trick." No offense in that, it surely was one, and meant to be noticed when placed like this. "You do that light-thing with mirrors, or something of the sort?" His voice was a little more high-pitched now then it would usually have been, yet still it sounded alluring enough, and a benefit of the condition seemed to be lack of goosebumps upon one's skin... So really, it's nothing, and we -were- likely just listening to Liszt on the way here. I should just stick to it, and remedy as needed. Yup, yup, just gotta calm...
    Last edited by Worlok; 2012-10-09 at 06:50 PM.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Troll in the Playground

Faruq

"Come, come, don't be shy my dear boy." Sean's voice ehcoed in the room, but Faruq couldn't tell where it was coming from.

Sasha smiled at the sound of Sean's voice and led Faruq up the stairs, and through a hallway. They then went down another staircase, into what seemed like a ritzy bar, though no one was there, all save for Sean playing the piano, and not particularly well.

He kept playing as he spoke, making him miss even more notes to his jazzy tune. "Quite the performance last night Faruq. Bravo, bravo I say! Have you managed to grow your tongue back yet?"

The fat blob seemed to be enjoying life to the fullest at that moment.

Amy

Mike shook his head. "No, they're kindred. Not all kindred belong to the Camarilla like us. Some think since we're at the top of the food chain, we should rule openly. ot only that, but most are young and think we need to kill off as many Elders so the new kids can rule. Not sure on the specifics, but their goal seems to be to take down the Camarill, beat humanity, and become the alphas, in that order." He sighed. "They're still working on the first step, thank God. It's a pretty nasty affair. Prisoners are rarely taken on either side, and those that are tend to be tortured or worse. There's two clans which belong to the Sabbat. You have the Lasombra which can control shadows. We can hide in them, but they can make the shadows attack you, pretty potent stuff. Then there's the Tzimisce, nightmares the lot of them, who can warp their flesh and others' as well. Not only that, but you get a few dissidents from all the other Clans too.

"You hear anything about the Sabbat, don't tackle it on your own. Dangerous lot. They weed out those clinging to their humanity, leaving only the worst of them."

Erica

"Yes, the Camarilla happens to agree with your position."

Josef listened close to her concern over generation and diablerie. "You are of the 9th generation. You can retain more vitae than he can, you can use that vitae faster. You can also dominate him, but he cannot dominate you.

"What keeps you from his fangs is that he is mongrel dog, and you will become a proper kindred. You'll be three steps ahead of him. When he comes after us, we will see it coming and be prepared. However, you must understand something.

"No matter how hard he tries, no matter how much he begs and claws and moans, he will never be one of the Assamites. Yes, the Assamites treat diablerie like a religion. Though they've adopted Islam, at the heart of the undead existence is a culture which predates any of the Western faiths. At the core of their religion is the belief in their clan's superiority from blood, not from spirit. Even if Faruq's soul belongs to them, his blood does not, and there is no way to change that. Just as a bloodhound may not transform itself is a mastiff, Faruq cannot become an Assamite.

"The question is whether he will discover this truth for himself before he goes too far with his revenge, and whether or not his fragile ego can accept it. Do not be overly concerned with him. He is below you."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Josef's opinion of Faruq: the general opinion of any elder of most neonates

Claire

"Not at all." The man made a welcome gesture iwth a hand to indicate the seat was open. He was playing it cool, though Claire could see his eyes light up some. "Can I... get you something to drink?" His attention was split between her, and towards the bartender expecting to buy Claire a drink.

Danielle

Marshal's eyes widened. "Well shi-"

He was cut off by Felix. "From what I hear he works along. People don't generally work with hunters as most get bat**** crazy over time. I hear he does his homework though. Chances are you'll see him without the mask."

Marshal gave his friend a bit of a perplexed look, surprised that Felix would know that much about the hunter.

Rick

Cavet kicked Rick for good measure, then slumped in his chair, cursing a few more times. he thought for a second, then pulled his gun out.

Chase made a noise something between an exclamation of surprise, and asking him to wait. Cavet eyed her. "Hey I know you, Quenton's Indian bitch. Say, why you hanging out with this trash? Don't you want a good, hot blooded man?"

"You know I hate that word, Benini." A rich, alto, feminine voice cut in. It was the woman in the suit, whom Rick could see clearly now. She was beautiful, with sharp, Sicilian features.

"Come on Beatrice, you know I wasn't talking about you."

"I know what you call me behind my back and to your friends, Benini. Ironic for someone who goes on about being hot blooded, no? Eddie, I believe you should close the bar down, please give each patron seventy dollars, you will be reimbursed."

Within a couple minutes, all the patrons had left, none upset. They had seen a fight, and got seventy dollars out of the deal. Even the man who had spoken to Beatrice was gone, leaving only the large bartender, Cavet, and Chase with the two of them. Chase kept her eyes low, and away from her.

"You are kindred, are you not? The new Tremere?"

"Like hell he is, went down way to easy."

"Quiet now." She gave the petty dealer a dark look. It vanished as she turned to Rick again. "Why are you asking my ghoul questions?"

12. - Top - End - #372

DrowGuy

Rick

Rick slowly rose to his feet with a groan. He willed the blood to his most pressing injuries. Damn it, he'd need to feed after this. He eyes Cavet, really wanting to hurt him after the humiliation he had just caused.

Spoiler
    Show
    If he can, Rick will spend 3 blood to heal as he talks to Beatrice.

At Beatrice's question, Rick nods.

"Yeah that's right. New Tremere. Made one of them last night." So Cavet was a ghoul. Explained a little as to why he was so damn tough. He shoots daggers at the man when he interrupts.

"Only reason I went down so easily was because you pulled a knife. As for why I'm asking him questions, one of the Tremere's ghouls had a meeting with him last night. Name of Benny. Turns out he's found dead not long after. You can surely understand that your friend here looked like a person of interest.

"I came here to ask him a few questions as to what exactly happened last night. He responds by going ballistic and trying to kill me. "

13. - Top - End - #373
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, you may heal now.

She listens to Rick. "Hmm... I see. I didn't hear all of it, but it seemed as if you were threatening him, no? You win more flies with sugar than vinegar..." she let the sentence trail off as she waited for his name.

14. - Top - End - #374

DrowGuy

Rick

Rick feels a little better as the blood seeped through him. Still sore all over, but he'd felt worse.

I prefer to think of it as persuasion. I only had his name, and had no idea he was a ghoul. Forgive me if I stepped on any toes ma'am." He bows his head respectfully. "I can certainly see why you'd use Mr. Cavet as a bodyguard," Despite his anger, he chuckles self consciously.

"Name's Rick. Rick Valentino. I still need some answers, but would be perfectly happy to settle this like civilized people. "
    Last edited by Dark Seeker; 2012-10-11 at 02:49 AM.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Titan in the Playground

Erica
    Erica nods.

Well, if I'm going to be a piece in a game of chess, I'd better make damn sure I'm the most effective piece I can be.

"Alright," she replied, pulling out her planner and flipping a few pages.
    "What did you want talk about tonight?" she asked.

The older vampires aren't just more experienced, they're actually more powerful, but they're also targets... every time they make a new vampire, they create a potential rival, that's why Josef initially thought the way he did. Damn, I really want to know more about these Sabbat, but I guess they'll have to wait...
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2012-10-11 at 03:05 AM.
    TC for short

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

"So, you're telling me there's two group of people out for our blood. Great." She shakes her head and smirks, because, really, what else can she do? "Okay. Uhm... Is there something else I should know?" And...she figures this is the right time to ask. "And Mike, about the 'not having to kill people' bit... can you tell me, you know..." Come on, it sounds stupid, but it's not that difficult to say "Uhm... what do we do when we have to feed?"

17. - Top - End - #377
    Titan in the Playground

Claire

"Hmm, I never drink... beer," Claire said with a straight considering face. "I always find something a little stronger in order, gets the blood flowing if you know what I mean. If you want to buy though why don't you have a shot of something with me. Whisky or vodka, your choice."

Claire finished with a smile.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle

"Thanks", she looked at him waiting for anything else "can I ask how you know this, is he stalking you?" this could be an opening to get the upper hand, or merely an opening for him to dangle pieces of info at her so she would be an ally to his cause ... whatever that was.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Troll in the Playground

Rick

"Benini? Oh dear no I'd never use his as my bodyguard. He just makes money on the side for the family. Helps pay the utilities." She takes a seat. "Is this true, were you meeting a Tremere ghoul?"

Cavet shrugged his shoulders. "Yeah I was. Old Benny asked to meet me around the wharf. Never showed up. Never even told me what is was for, figured had something to do with a new shipment. Guess we know why he didn't come."

"I see." Beatrice looks back to Rick. "Occasionally our two Clans trade with one another. Raw goods mostly. Blood magic and necromancy share a lot in common, though the ingredients usually are quite different. We're really not supposed to as the Giovanni have several restrictions, but rules are meant to be broken after all."

Erica

"I wished to discuss the other newly embraced kindred. Apparently Purity Westbrook has also sired a childer tonight. Now only one kindred in the city has permission left to embrace, and I don't see that happening anytime soon." He leaned forward. "Other than Faruq, what was your impression of the others?"

Amy

"I'm going to level with you Evaz, there's a lot of monsters out there, and no one's certain exactly how many. There are conspiracy theories among the dead too. Some believe in aliens, other magic, I wouldn't have believed in faeries if it wasn't for one living in this city, and for me seeing him with my own eyes. Just be careful where you step.

"There's as many ways to feed as there are kindred. You can gather a small group of mortals to feed from. They get dependent on the ecstasy, the rush from it. Some domiante their victis, make them forget. Others stage it as a mugging. Most will go to a bar of club and drink from someone a little too tipsy to realize they're not getting a hicky. Others work in a place with blood, usually a hospital. Some sneaky ones slip into a house and drink while people are sleeping. Some kidnred get organized and let their ghouls handle it."

Claire

"I have to admit, vodka's my achilles heel. Don't know why, stuff just doesn't settle well in me. I'll go for the whiskey." He motioned the bartender for the shots. The man glanced to the dance floor, probably looking at wherever his friends were. "Is this one of your usual places to go to?"

The shots came. "Cheers."

Danielle

Felix laughed. "If he was after me, one of us would be dead. I have friends in other cities. You move around at all and you make some acquaintences here and there." He turned to Flat Face. "The Caitiff revolution has begun. Your days our number tough guy."

Flat Face laughed loudly, appreciating the joke. "As I said, that one's acceptable. Makes me laugh."

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

Erica
    Reflexively she looked up at the ceiling, to better recall her memories.

Be the chess player.

"The one I most wanted to speak with was the detective, Rick," she said, "he... I don't know, I just had a feeling, and anyone who is a detective is good at anticipating others' moves. Plus he'll have contacts in the police, so it'd be nice to have him on our side. Unfortunately, I didn't really get the chance to speak with him in private."

You're smart, and you have good instincts, and if you don't, then you need to improve, so best to be 100% honest and get feedback.

The young kindred, still standing, took a deep breath and calmly folded her hands.

"The others," she continued, "Amy seems to have a kind heart, and she's the same clan as the Prince. Claire kept to herself a lot; she didn't even give her name until she had to in the ceremony, but she seems smart and driven. I think she has her own agenda,"

like me

"-and she's playing her cards close to the chest. Danielle, well, she's still in school but she talks like a lawyer. She's in a really tough spot, with that Jack of Nine Blades after her, and being clanless, I don't think words alone will save her. She's not about to give up though, and it also seems the others don't take her seriously. If she lives, she'll be a force to reckon with I think."

and I think she might remember if someone helped her out, before everyone knew her potential.

Erica looks Josef dead in the eye.

"What did you think of them?" she asked, almost managing to contain the barest hint of a smile, tugging at the corner of her lips.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2012-10-11 at 11:29 PM.
    TC for short

21. - Top - End - #381

DrowGuy

Rick

"Is that so? He never showed?" Rick frowned. Cavet was their best and only real lead. If he wasn't involved in Benny's death, the detective would be back to square one.

The Giovanni. Must have been another clan in the city. Rick would have to ask Chase about them. She seemed uncomfortable around Beatrice, though if that was because she was a vampire or something more, Rick could not pinpoint. In any event, there was no way he would show his ignorance in front of them.

"Well I regret this unfortunate misunderstanding. Benny's murder has everyone in my clan a little on edge. Hopefully this little spat won't endanger the relationship between our two clans. " He clears his throat. "If there's nothing else, I'll be going. In need of a quick bite after the number your ghoul did on me." He shoots Cavet a glare.

Rick didn't trust Cavet at all. His instincts were telling him that something didn't add up. But best not to push too hard, especially not yet. Already he was formulating his next move.
    Last edited by Dark Seeker; 2012-10-12 at 12:43 AM.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

Claire

"Cheers," Claire said in reply and downed the shot.

It tasted, quite good actually. She hadn't had anything since dying and any taste on her tongue was welcome. Claire swished the liquor around before swallowing, the sensation a welcome normality. She swallowed and then made a point to inhale slightly letting her chest rise before letting out a liquid purr of contentment.

"To answer your question, not really. Not for a long time at least. How about you?" Claire asked after her shot. While speaking she made some pointed looks at the dance floor. She couldn't do this right at the bar but hopefully she wouldn't have to ask him to dance. She like to think of herself as a forward modern girl, but somethings it was still nice for the guy to take the lead on.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

"A faerie? You're bull****ting me." She takes another look at his expression "You're not, are you? Geeze."
    And about feeding... none of those seems immediately appealing, but she supposes she has to change her thinking on the matter, and quite soon, too "Well... How do you do it, Mike?"

24. - Top - End - #384
    Troll in the Playground

Erica

"A very good question, Erica. You are proving my choice to embrace you was a good one.

"I looked into Rick first. I believe we shouldn't concern ourselves with him. Apparently he fell out with his police friends from being incorruptable. I think Henry will have his hands full trying to mold the boy." Josef chuckled for a moment at the thought. "As rumor has it, he was embraced after nearly being killed by Harry O'Fallen, a most unpleasant monster. His sire took pity on him, and used up his embraced who should have gone to someone who would have been a much stronger rival.

"I don't know what Rogan is doing embracing a girl mastering in computer engineering. To think a Gangrel is keeping up with the modern times. Yes, it is likely Claire is much the same as you, fulfilling a much needed role to her sire. I am most curious what weakness Rogan is trying to compensate for. Others will be interested too.

"Amy too has a background in computers, but lacked the formal education due to her economic status. Her sire Mike is also a fairly moral kindred, the two will probably get along well. The Nosferatu are on the defensive, as they hold the keys to the city. At the moment I'm not too concerned about her. We'll see how well she fairs.

"As to Danielle, the Caitiff have a very low survival rate. She does seem to have a good grasp on her situation, and I would not be happy in her situation either. Be careful how close you get to her. You probably understand that the Caitiff have the potential to be very strong allies. However, that is part of why we do not associate with them oftern. If we are too close to Danielle, it will be a very strong statement, a power move that will bring too much attention onto us. Don't give Danielle cause to hate you. Don't let other kindred think you're trying to use her."

Rick
    "Oh? And here I was hoping to share a drink with a fellow kindred. I'll send my ghoul along his way, if you do the same with yours." She offered him a warm smile.

Claire
    It tasted well enough coming down, but as it hit the bottom of her stomach, it made her mildly queasy. She realized then that now she was dead, her digestive system might not work as it used to.

"Oh sorry, just checking on a couple of friends of mine. They're dating right now, kind of makes me the third wheel." He chuckled slightly. "Would you like to dance?"

Amy

"Well, don't think tinkerbell. Think more of a nasty goblin thing. Bit different.

"Personally I mix things up. Best not to get on one routine. I'll go to the bar sometimes. Duke will get some blood now and then. The homeless are usually easy targets to take a bit from."
    Last edited by daelrog; 2012-10-12 at 01:27 AM.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

"Duke is a ghoul then, is he?" Thought so "Has he really known you since you were a child?" She'd love to have a chat with Duke. He probably knows a lot about him, then

"What else should I know, Mike?"

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

Erica
    Erica nodded, it seemed Josef wanted her to adopt a mindset similar to his.

He's really good, it's almost like he can read my thoughts.

"I think I understand, learning about their strengths gives us an idea to what their sires are planning," she said, "assuming they chose them at all... I bet the boy-Tremere... what was his name?"

Erica resisted the urge to reach for her planner.

"I bet he's not too happy about Rick then, if what you're saying is true and stronger candidates were passed over," she said.

She tilted her head slightly to one side.

"How did you ever find out who they were considering to Embrace?" she asked, "it seems like it's something they'd like to keep secret."
    TC for short

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle

She looked at Felix strangely she suspected that it would be him who was dead, but perhaps she was being overly caught up in her mortal fear from the night before, "by that logic if your acquaintances met him then either they or he would be dead now", she said finally "how would they know how he operates?".

She found it odd that Flat Face didn't take the treat more seriously, or maybe he did and simply was not showing it ... actually not that odd, the caitiff were a joke at best to the others it was standard for the subject of that joke to treat the matter seriously which was what she was doing, and for the person who was told the joke to laugh it off, it may also be a piece of bait to catch her interest if she wanted to hear more about learning of her supposes magic powers from other caitiff.

28. - Top - End - #388

DrowGuy

Rick

The detective does not hesitate. "Sounds like a good deal to me. Chase, you mind giving us a few minutes?"

It was unlikely Beatrice knew anything about Benny's murder. Anything she'd be willing to reveal at least. But Rick was not about to offend a powerful kindred. She might prove useful yet, and now was as good a time as any to start fostering contacts.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

Claire

Ugh what sensation was this? Claire could feel the shot in her stomach, it was strange to simply be aware of this. It didn't feel like the shot was going to come back up though. That would have ruined the whole operation.

For the moment though Claire force the sensation from her mind, she had other business to attend to. The guy had gotten the clue, that was good.

"I know the feeling so... Hmm yes let's dance shall we?" Claire said sliding from her chair with all the liquid grace she could muster and offering her hand.

If he followed through she'd planned to give him her best efforts, dancing close to him as she could. Closer then she would have before even for someone she just met. Keep the pump primed for action.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Banned

It wasn't shyness, no. Could pass for it. Mostly the momentary scare of being reminded. But he'd let it slide. Best behavior, and not giving them satisfaction, and things like that applied. Plus, really, it wasn't like he wanted to screw up the second big chance in one day.

This wasn't quite the atmosphere he had expected, truth be told, but it sure was a surprisingly welcoming one. Normal, somehow, and yet with an air of thought behind it. A place that looked sophisticated, and while Faruq would hardly have thought about it that way nor found that exact word, he felt a certain ease, one of a different kind than the earlier one, slowly settle in. It looked civilised in the way people who like to think civilisation starts with culture enjoy thinking things look civilised, and thus even the tongue comment was likely not an opener to more dismemberment.

Following an odd and sudden whim, he took a bow at Loveless' praise, willing himself to not drop anything weight-, jewelry- or beastiality-related at this time: "Thanks... thanks, and yes, I have. Say though, your show isn't half bad, itself." This was, again, diplomacy at work: The man either didn't have a lot of love for the piano, or was currently just tonking away without closer attention just for the hell of it. And while, save for the occasional and offensive plonk where there should have been a pling, the overall melody seemed familiar anyway, the wonky tune and rhythm to Sean's play made it impossible to place. On the other hand, the guy could simply be an improviser, and when pointing out perceived bad play to other people over the years, Faruq had frequently had to hear that he just didn't get it or was to plebeian for the more advanced musical styles. So, the odds were fifty-fifty. It still wasn't quite his thing. "I kinda dig the free-style stuff, you see... Just sounds a little rough around the edges, if I may." Short pause, noncommital shrug, pointedly nervous little smile, I'm just a dabbler, not an expert, and there's no offense, his gestures meant to say.

"More of a saxophone person, myself, though, honestly. But say, not to be rude or change topic or anything, but that's a really neat trick you have there, with the light changing when you come in. There a trick to it? I like that kind of thing, but never quite seem to get how it's done." And knowing just a little about tricks of the light might come in handy when going full-nocturnal, at any rate. Plus, well, I won't take Just how much of a change he'd have to make, and whether or not he was already in the process of making it, were two trains of thought he disliked admitting to, but they were there, of course.