New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles IC, Chapter 1: Eyes Open

Amy

"Yeah, he owned the old general store I used to go to when I was a kid. Good guy. Bit too smart though. Figured out there was something wrong right off the bat after I got embraced." Mike shrugged. "When they found out he was a vet too, my sire gave the choice to ghoul him or kill him. Wasn't a hard choice for me to make."

He though for awhile when Amy asked her open ended question. "There's a lot of little things. Don't forget to breath in public even if you don't need it to survive. Don't leave any loose ends behind. Don't trust other kindred." Mike shook his head in thought. "And I guess there's one other thing, but this one's just between us. Something has Jean scared. Don't know what it is, but it's why you were embraced. He told Donovon what he was looking for, and Donovon searched the city and found you. My guess is it's because you're computer savvy, but I really don't know. I'm sure you'll find out in time."

Erica

"Henry Sanderson. And no, I doubt he is happy. Then again I don't think he has ever been happy one day in his life." Josef tapped his pen to the table silently. "I don't know everyone who the Tremere were considering. I kne nothing of Rick Valentino until last night when I met him, I had some contacts dig up what information they could on him. No, it's only that there was one individual in particular who would have made an extremely valuable asset to Clan Tremere." It wasn't like Josef to call something extremely valuable.

"He's probably also upset because I handled the problem of Faruq far better than he did with Rick. Remember how I made my petty little outburst last night? I showed weakness on purpose Erica, to make myself seem vulnerable. An elder kindred like Henry will know I was only acting, attempting to lure out potential enemies. Only that's the point Erica, Faruq has compromised us temprorarily. He's reckless enough to warrant distraction. In essence, I pretended to be weak, so that they would think I am stronger than I am right now.

"However Henry stayed silent, even as Sean Loveless pestered him on the subject matter of the new Tremere. Henry is as ruthless as they come, but he lacks social graces, and he is predictable."

Danielle

Felix shrugged. "You'd have to ask them. For all I know they were just pulling my leg. Probably just saw what happened to a neighbor, and conjured up something. Still, it does make sense in a sad sort of way, dosn't it? Here this guy is trying to save the world from all the monsters of the night, and everything thinks he's a damn looney for it." He leaned his chair back. "When you get tired of be the Camarilla's scapegoat, you can come back here."

Flat Face pressed on the horn. "Come on! Got one more stop to make!"

Rick

"All right." There's disappointment in Chase's voice, but she leaves, Cavet a few steps behind her. Eddie the giant barkeep produces a bottle of blood made to look like red wine, pooring a glass for each.

"I hope you didn't waste too much blood fighting the family drug dealer." She smiled at her poke, but then her face showed regret. "I am sorry, undeath does make one's sense of humor rather poor. So tell me about yourself? You say you are a detective? Are you planning on keeping that career as a kindred? I admit the thought of a kindred detective is quite intriguing to me, there are a lot of secrets to be found in this city."

Claire

Claire had no trouble dancing as close to him as she wanted, even against him if she wanted. He was no expert at dancing, but he kept with the beat well enough. She could tell dancing with him that he probably exercised here and there at least.

At one point she saw another guy give him the thumbs up, and her prey just gave a nod, to recognize his friend's encouragement, but to refrain from trying to make anything special of him dancing with Claire.

Spoiler
    Show
    He'll dance with Claire for as long as she wants.

Sean

"Trick?" Sean seemed legitimately confused.

"The first room, darling." Sasha slithered over to Sean, wrapping a thin, mily arm around him sensually. "The white room."

"Oh dear, that little thing? No, no trick. Just art. An optical illusion, any kine can do it. I wouldn't expect Melanie or that wretched Assamite to tell you anything of restraint, so let me." Sean cupped Sasha's face, and gave her a kiss, his tongue moving around her's. She seemed into it too, in fact, more than he did. He released her. "You see Faruq, if I had wanted to, I could have used a discipline, a trick as you say, to make her more attracted to me." He looked at Faruq and gave a sinful smile. "But I don't have to."

He stood up, leaving a longing Sasha still seated. "If I wanted to, I could read your aura, tell what mood you're in. I don't have to though. Just as kine can tell the mood of others without supernatural powers, so can we." His hand flashed out faster than a normal person should have, but it stopped, his fingertips lightly touching Faruq's chin. "I can fight well enough too, but why should I when I can have others do it for me? You see, that was your first mistake last night Faruq. Why call kindred tradition stupid, when you can have someone else do it for you?"

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

Erica
    Curiosity got the better of her.

"Who would have been the best candidate for Tremere then, and why?" she asked, "would they also make a good asset for us?"

She finally moved from the door to sit down in a chair opposite Josef, crossing her legs and opening her planner again.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

3. - Top - End - #393
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

Rick

Rick struggled to keep a neutral expression as he nods, but inside alarm bells were going off. He's pretty sure he never mentioned to Beatrice that he had been a detective. Either she assumed it, (which was not entirely unreasonable, given what he was doing), or she and Cavet already had an idea as to who he was. Concerning.

"I was a detective. I left the HPD. Mutual differences. I'm more a private investigator now. Yesterday I was hired by a new client," He smirks and sips the drink, hopeful that it can't kill him or otherwise harm him.

"Give my apologies to your ghoul. I suppose a desire to not screw up my first assignment led me to getting reckless. A learning experience."

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle

She smiled there is was the pitch, come back and learn more, I can introduce my friends, but that wasn't the reason for the smile it was more genuine then being pleased with herself and smug, "thanks for your hospitality, I might come back at some point", she moved to join Flat Face and stopped at the door, "but I have no intention of being a scapegoat for anyone if I can help it", she nodded to both the men and left.

She got in the side of the car, "one more place right, where to?" she thought about it for a minute "if possible I would like to stop by a piano bar that I work at to check in and stop home for a few minutes, I also need to set up living arrangements for myself too as mentioned last night".

She wondered at his clothes the gunshot and if he had eaten without her noticing, "do you have a broadsheet around I could read from today?".

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

"Don't trust other kindred? Ever, Mike? No exceptions?" She gives him an half-smile to show him how daft the sentence is, but implicitly, it's also a way for her to let him know that she trusts him, at the very least. Make of that what you want.

"The prince is scared of something?" That's not very reassuring. The prince is...what, several hundred of years old? Still, Amy's mind takes hold of that piece of information and starts examining it, looking for holes "Well, can it be that hunter after Danielle? He did seem someone to be scared of...By the way, what's the proper way to call the prince to his face?" And, if it -is- the hunter, what does he need computers for?

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

6. - Top - End - #396
    Troll in the Playground

Erica

"Last night there were four ghouls who attended your official recognition into the city. Little happens in kindred society by circumstance. There are more ghouls in Havensworth than kindred, yet only four were there besides Jean's servants. Chase Punyavi is pretty, isn't she?"

Rick

"No apology is needed. He's a bastard, but he does his part for the family I suppose." She took a drink of the blood herself. She reaches out and touches Rick's hand. "Try not to put to much pressure on yourself. I'm sure your head's been filled with all these demands and expectations, but you'll feel so much better for relaxing. Really, it's awfully silly to live and on the whims of those who don't even know how to work a phone." She gave a reassuring smile. "It's a tricky balance. Do too well and the elders will think you're a threat. Do too poorly and you're a liability. There really is no way to win with them, so just try to enjoy things as best you can. Take this blood for example. I can treat it like a means to an end, but why no savor it, why not enjoy the taste of it and take that bit of pleasure?" She tapped her glass to his.

Danielle

"Sure, after the next step, I'll drop you off wherever you want to go." Flat Face started speeding up. "First we're going out into the country a bit. I'll get us there in half an hour."

Flat Face only shrugged his shoulder when asked about a broadsheet. He didn't know what one was.

The place they arrived at was off the beaten track. The ride was bumpy, and she was jerked side to side since his truck lacked any seatbelts. It was alone, a shack in the woods.

Spoiler
    Show
    Feel free to jump back and ask a few more question during the ride if you want.

Amy

"I... I don't think so. Yeah, Jackal's a pretty scary dude, but his kind usually don't kill elder kindred. You saw Jean's place. It's a fortress. Even a pack of werewolves couldn't wade through the small army of security guards and ghouls Jean has under his thumb, and that's assuming the hunter even knows where to look. No, he'll find the kindred low on the totem pole, the one's who can't afford big places to stay in, who don't have servants they can feed from at any time. As for Jean, you can call him your excellency if you want at first. He'll probably stop you after the first time and say Jean is good enough."

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

Erica

"Chase?" she said, "I don't remember meeting her... Punyavi, was she the darker skinned woman sitting in the back? The one Rick was talking to?"

Erica thought for a moment.

"She's not unattractive, especially compared to some of the other... individuals I saw," she said, "Why do you ask? Is she a Tremere ghoul?"

"I was asking Byron about ghouls earlier, but I had no idea there were so many. If there's more ghouls than kindred, how can we tell who they are?" she asked.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle

She was silent for a bit thinking about things, "a broadsheet is a newspaper, one with actual news not naked woman and gossip" she said finally, "but no worries".

After another minute of silence "you still haven't told me how to adhere to the third tradition, I don't know where the clans have setup shop, where some individuals have sure but not the clans territory itself", after that she was silent until they got a bit into the country, girl disappears in woods stories going through here head, not likely she promised herself, "what is out here?".

9. - Top - End - #399

DrowGuy

Rick

Rick nodded. "Yeah... yeah, maybe you're right. It's just difficult. I prized myself on being a damn good cop,m and then a damn good investigator. Then my eyes are opened to this whole new world I never had a clue about," he sighs. " I'll keep your advice in mind. If nothing else, I can enjoy the blood. I've found I quite like the taste," he drinks slowly, truly savoring it.

Still distrustful of Beatrice, Rick's plays up how out of his depths he truly feels. Best to let her think he's some rookie who has no idea where to look or what to do. In truth, he's beginning to wonder if maybe it was the seemingly kind woman offering him a drink who was the one who killed Benny.

Regardless of what he told her, he was getting to the bottom of this. Rick never let a case go, something that had more or less forced him off the force. Why should his undeath be any different?
    Last edited by Dark Seeker; 2012-10-15 at 03:39 PM.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

Claire

Claire kept dancing through a song and half. Not that she wasn't enjoying the beat and the movement, but her mind told her time was probably wasting too. She needed to finish this off. Then she had and idea. She'd played a game a few times, part kissing game part drinking game. The first party would take a shot and hold it in their mouth then kiss the other, sharing both kiss and liquor at once. She'd never heard a name for the idea though, but had done it and enjoyed it before. That would maybe give her an opening.

"You're not bad, but how about we try something differnt." She said to her guy describing her idea, "If your game I might even throw in a surprise for you..."

Though this guy could have no idea what that would be.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

Amy notices he had decided to not address her declaration of trust...she isn’t sure if it’s because he doesn’t want to or he doesn’t know what to say.

“Oh, thanks for the reassurance, Mike” she answers, sarcastically. “I’m happy to know that there must be something worse than that hunter around.” She files away the comment on how to call the prince Not ‘your majesty’, then, she had suspected she had screwed up the term of address at her presentation.

There’s something else that niggles at her brain. “Huh, Mike, if...if it was Jean who needed me and Donovon who chose me, why were you the one to embrace me?” Not that she minds. Actually, she much prefers Mike over the prince, after what she’s seen of him the evening before.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

12. - Top - End - #402
    Troll in the Playground

Erica

"Yes, that would be her. She is the Tremere's most prized ghoul in the city. I've heard a story about Miss Punyavi, one that interests me greatly. As the story goes, she was offered the embrace once already, but she refused. Instead, the embrace was given to some woman named Venice, a kindred I've never met. Apparently this Venice hides away in their Chantry and studies day in and out."

Erica might have felt a ping of jealousy as Josef almost seemed to beem in respect for this Chase woman. "It's quite an acheivement to turn down power in kindred society. It's much rarer than you can imagine." His eyes stopped glistening, and he became more business like again. "However, she does belong to the Tremere. Trying to be anything beyond cordial with her would be a poor showing of etiquette. I'd only consider making her a Ventrue if I intended to arrange final death for her entire Clan in Havensworth as well, something I most certainly am not. As for spotting ghouls, there are small cues you can see if you know where to look.

"If you are in a room with a kindred and her attendents, the ghouls tend to be the ones closest to the kindred herself, or tend to be the ones sitting back in the far corner. They are the ones who seem to know exactly what you are, and either aren't afraid at all, or as far more afraid than the rest. The level of fear generally stems from if their domitor treats them well or not, you'll usually find one extreme of the other."

Danielle

"No naked women? Hell kind of news is that."

"Well, I don't exactly have a map of that, and even if I did, I wouldn't give it to you. Last thing we need is for Jackal to get a hold of soemthing like that after he kills you and suddenly finds all of our hotspots. And frankly, I'm not driving you around to where all the proper kindred are. The Toreador, the Tremere, the Ventrue, all of them don't want to see me on their turf, and they certainly don't want to see you."

The truck park close to the shack. "This is where the last social deviant of kindred is. Well, except for the other Caitiff, Desmund. No one's quite sure where he is right now. Probably skipped town."

Danielle could hear a baritone laugh echoing around her. She couldn't pinpoint where it was coming from, not even when it started speaking. "You need to get an oil change Flat Face. Could barely catch your scent. Oh, who's your companion. She smells like sunshine and wheat grass. Is she a gift for me?"

"She's my underage squeeze you horny bastard! I'll fight to the last for her!" Flat Face shook his fist in the air in his mockery of chivalry.

"Ah, still the gentleman I see."

There was an empty rocking chair on the porch that began to slowly rock on its own, back and forth, back and forth. Then a dark, shapeless form seemed to hover above it, shifting and growing until it was the outline of a person. Her wore dark, tattered clothes, and wore a wide brimmed hat. Danielle couldn't see his face.

Rick

Beatrice seemed to grow a little sad with Rick's response. "I'm afraid we've grown up on the opposite sides of the fence. I fancied myself a damn good criminal, then a well enough occultist. Turned out that's what my family wanted, and the best crooks and necromancers get to become kindred. You wouldn't believe how surprised I was to find out all those years of being a deviant had made mom and dad proud." She looked Rick directly in the eye. "You wouldn't believe how hard it is to rebel when they want you to do all the wrong things, you know."

She tapped her pearl painted fingernail on the table. "I don't know if I can help you with your case. There's a Gangrel who hangs around the waterfront, but he's generally reluctant to deal with other kindred."

It was at that moment something hit Rick. Cavet had said that he and Benny were supposed to meet near the water. It wasn't even close to where Benny was killed. The place Benny died wasn't even on the way from the Chantry to the ocean. Either Cavet was lying about the meeting place, or it wasn't the only meeting Benny had.

Claire

The guy gave a short laugh that translated into 'well, okay!'. "Sure." They went back to the bar to get a shot, and then he took the initiative to move off to the side for a small bit of privacy. "Do you want to take the shot, or should I?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll let you go ahead and take the scene where you want from here. I think he's been thoroughly worked over and is ready for a 'kiss'.

Amy

Mike looked at Amy, almost looking as if he was sorry for telling her. "Politics as usual. I had earned the right to sire a childer under Weinman. Sure, as Prince Jean could have allowed anyone to embrace, including himself, but I was the one who'd get the least attention. Besides, elders don't generally like to embrace as much. Don't really know why, but I try not to question them too much. Besides, not to be cruel to Flat Face or Slick, but I don't know how well either of them would do with a childer."

13. - Top - End - #403

DrowGuy

Rick

"Well I can't arrest you now, no worries," Rick smiles. "I had to break into a home earlier this evening. apparently I'm not exactly on the right side of the law myself."

He absorbs the information, careful not to show the realization he just had. "Gangrel, huh? I think I met one of them yesterday. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for your kindness. You could have easily had me torn apart and likely have been in your rights. I won't forget this. You need a favor down the line, maybe we can work something out," He finishes his drink.

"Well, time for me to go. Chase is waiting for me, and this case won't solve itself. It's been a pleasure ma'am."

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

I know why. Or at least she thinks she knows. "It's that generation thing everybody is so obsessed about, isn't it? If they are old, they must be of low generation... maybe they think that if they sire themselves it will make somebody too strong." A rival, is what she meant to say. "I don't mind Mike,I'm happy it was you." She suddenly realises something, and looks at him strangely "...unless... well, I guess that means you were thinking of embracing somebody else. In that case, uhm... sorry you got stuck with me "

She doesn't know Slick so well to comment on Mike statement, but she shudders at the thought of Flat face siring someone. But he has now, more or less, hasn't he? He's teaching Danielle. She promises herself that as soon as they go back to the flats, she's going to see the teen and ask her how her night went, be there again if she needs to talk to somebody.

She has still her mask on, she remembers, and while not exactly uncomfortable she'd feel far, far more at ease in her new natural form. "Where are you taking me next, Mike? Do I need..." she makes a gesture towards her face to show him what she means.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

Claire

Claire took the filled shot glass with a confident smile and gave the man a sultry look as she could manage while they made their way over to corner. A clear message who would give and who would receive. Reaching a private corner she tilted her head back and drained the glass. Holding the strong liquor in her mouth she purred from deep in her throat. She pulled the two of them together in tight embrace pressing their bodies together, her hands dancing up and down her partners back. Faces closed and lips joined in a full kiss.

Claire let the kiss linger just long enough, liquor swirling between mouths before gently pushing most of the fluid to her partner and closing her lips, coming away. Now, now was the moment. She could feel the desire rising, the calling. He was right there, full of warmth, she could smell it, taste it even through the strong whiskey. Blood. Life itself, his life, so sweet, so very close. Within her mouth Claire could feel a change, teeth elongating into fangs. She drew close to the mans neck, tongue coming out to lick the warmth of this throat as he swallowed the drink. Opening her mouth wide Claire bit down.

Sweetest nectar, the drink of the gods themselves flooded into her. Oh how good it was. It was beyond any simple taste, mere words could not describe the sensation that followed the red currant of life itself flowing into. She could drown in it, nothing would be enough. How had she not reveled in this more last night?

Last night.

That thought in an instant brought Claire back to reality. No, she couldn't, she couldn't take that nectar. She let release the man from her fangs, forcing herself to draw them back and then licking clean the last few drops of blood from the spot. Claire drew back. It had only been a moment, she had stopped herself from drinking so deep. The man was breathing heavily but conscious, his body still strong and now marked with sweat from the heat of the evenings true kiss. He was alive, blessedly alive. And she was herself again.

Conscious of where the pair still was she slowly released the man from her embrace. He seemed out of it, just as Rogan target had been. Claire took the time to whispher to him softly.

"You were wonderful," she said in departure. Moving away from her anonymous and unknowing victim and making her way across the club. With luck she and Rogan could leave before he fully recovered.

Spoiler
    Show
    Have no way for Claire to really clearly enunciate this but I figure Claire still has to learn to merely sip a target, even when restraining herself. Since she only drank in frenzy before and all. Not like, poor guy needs a transfusion stat or anything, but probably feels a bit anemic for a day or whatever.

And whatever that translates too in blood point.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Troll in the Playground

Rick

"Yes, a pleasure."

Rick heads outside. Cavet is nowhere to be seen, and Chase is casually sitting on the driver's side, the seat pushed far back so she's laying more than sitting.

"How was your date?"

Amy

"Yeah, that's probably a big part of it. Don't let generation fool you though. Most of the time older kindred have a lower generation, not always though."

He looked about the warehouse. "To be honest, didn't really have much of a plan. Need to call Donovon sometime tonight to tell her how the meeting went, but that's about it really. Anywhere you want to go?"

Claire
    Spoiler
    Show
    Two or three blood points. Unless she spent some that I forgot about, she's topped off from the blood spent waking up, and from blood spent making her more warm and flush around the guy.

Claire moved towards Rogan, and he intercepted her, and they made their way out quickly. They moved out of the club, and kept walking. He didn't speak until the cool breeze hit them as they stepped out. "Not bad for your first time. It will become easier."

They took a few random turns and moved to the truck which was in a ten dollar parking lot. He took the driver seat, and looked at Claire. "Tell me about it. Tell me how you felt leading up to the Kiss." She knew by his inflection that he meant the drinking of the guy's blood, not her game. He made a point to not let her close the passenger door, leaving it open. He wasn't driving anywhere yet.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

Claire

Exiting the club Claire could feel herself coming down from the high of intake and forced control. The animal inside her ceasing to stir for the moment. Not gone but more sated and distant then it had been since last evening. When she had drank a man dry. The man tonight had survived though. She could remain alive without killing. She could control what she'd become, if only just.

It felt good she had to admit. Both to feed and too remain in control doing so. All things needed to eat, she rationalized, if it was done in a controlled manner then she could live with this. What were her option. Death. No way, she'd beat that back until there was nothing else left.

Rogan's question brought her from her internal ruminations though. She almost answer flippantly then thought better of it. He seemed to want a serious answer.

"Well leading up to it wasn't that different from seducing a guy. I set myself a goal and went after it. I've always tried to keep my feelings separate from sex and all that really, I'm never looking for some eternal idealized love just a good time. What I'm after though.... that different. I guess I tried to ignore the difference but its there."

"And in the moment right before, I wanted to bite into that guy more then anything else. Its like some animal in heat sneaked up on me inside my head, pure instinct. I didn't loose control like last night I guess this was still differen then that, but for a few moments there in control or not was not something I cared about. And I should, and I slammed that back into place. So I guess that's as good as I can put it for how I felt."

Spoiler
    Show
    Right I'll take 3 for a net gain of 1 for the evening if that's an option

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

Erica
    "Maybe she doesn't like the drawbacks of kindred existence," Erica says, "all the better for us, if she's as capable as you're saying, right?"

She sought to find hidden meaning in Josef's observations, but came up empty.

"Why did most of the ghouls stay away, was it to sort of voice their displeasure or disappointment in not being chosen themselves?" she asked.

She noticed something written in the corner of one of the pages on her planner.

"Also, what is Elysium?" she asked, "no violence allowed?"
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #409

DrowGuy

Rick

"Went as well as can be expected. Beatrice gave me a warning, which is a little like a crocodile warning... whatever it is they eat. I like her. Don't trust her all that much, but I like her.

"As for Benny, he was killed nowhere near the docks. Cavet might be lying when he says they met there. I hope he is, so I can take him down. But I can't imagine he's capable of doing much without being instructed by his superiors. And if our clans get along so well, why kill one of our ghouls? Makes little sense," He pauses for a moment.

"So maybe someone else killed Benny. The question is, who? And for that, I don't have an easy answer. I think we should swing by his place again. I'd like to have a more thorough swing through his home, see if I missed anything."

Spoiler
    Show
    How much vitae did Rick drink?

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle

She caught the after he killed her bit, but she couldn't tell if it was intended with certainty or simply a possible what if, and from what she could tell asking him about it would yield a smile and a confirmation that he had intended it to be a certainty if for no other reason then to rattle her.

"Hmph ... didn't know you cared about them, after all if he kills me with a map of where the Toreador, the Tremere, the Ventrue are then you might have a lot less competition running around, but I meant more so I could avoid them, but I can probably figure it out", she smiled after all all the other jokes had been directed in some why at her.

When he started discussing Desmund she couldn't help think or the Jackal got him but she held her tongue no point in stating harm on someone she hadn't met.

She stood apart from Flat Face to face the new man, smiling politely "he is doing you a favour I hear sunshine can be dangerous", she nodded her head in greeting "Danelle Leblanc the newest and thereby most worthless caitiff in the Havensworth by all accounts, nice to meet you", no harm in pre-empting the introduction that Flat-Face might give anyway.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

"Uhm... I don't know, Mike, I guess I'll have to go home to take my stuff and..." And that is basically it, really, if you don't count the phone call to her boss that she can do from home anyway.. Where do I want to go? She briefly entertains the idea of asking to make another visit to Duke, let him know that everything worked out more or less fine...and as she goes back with her mind to the conversation she and Mike had in the diner, she knows exactly what she wants to ask. "Show me a secret, Mike. Something nobody else knows"

And please, just for once, make it not be something I'd be scared or angry of she adds silently to herself. As far as she's concerned, Mike doesn't have the best track record on these matters.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Troll in the Playground

Claire

Rogan nodded his head. "Continue to reflect upon your hunts. You'll understand yourself better. See what brings out the beast, learn ways to keep it in check. Now tell me Claire, what did you do wrong tonight?"

Erica

"Most ghouls stayed away because they weren't invited. And yes, that is pretty much what Elysium is. We kindred are social creatures. With an eternity to look forward to, it's nice to share some of that time with people who understand, even if you may hate them. I don't think I've ever heard of a deliberate act of violence from a Camarilla member at Elysium. Some have frenzied under the harsh ridicule of their peers, and occassionally an assassin from the Sabbat may appear, though the latter is rare itself. The only two who can call Elysium are Jean and Sean." Josef paused for a moment as if he only just now realized the two names rhymed.

"You should go when you can, get to know the other kindred of the city. The meetings are irregular, but chances are you'll be approached when the next one comes."

Rick

Spoiler
    Show
    Rick drank one glass, which equates half a blood point.

They went back to the murder scene. The house wasn't Benny's though it did belong to the Tremere. No one had been using it for some time. Chase was less talkative on the way back.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll need some rolls from you, and maybe some specifics on what he's looking for, etc.

Danielle

The shadowy figure laughed. "Sunshine is only dangerous to the wicked. And wicked we are." Something seem wrong about him, his physical form. She couldn't figure it out though. "And don't let the other kindred bring you down. You and I know you're not worthless. In fact, I can sense the death all around you. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're the Grim Reaper.

"Come here. I want a closer look at you."

Amy

Mike sat, thinking for a little while. "That's... a hell of a question to ask a Nosferatu. Something that only I know. All I have is a few real estate secrets of the city. However... there is one place that only the Nosferatu know about."

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

Claire

"Hmm I could have been quicker and smoother I think," Claire said after a moment of thought, "Maybe made myself to memorable. And I probably drank more then was healthy, both for the setting and for leaving the target alive. Also that liquor, I can still feel it down in there. That was stupid, if I'm dead how to I digest anything and I just drank it down without a thought. I hope I can puke or something."

24. - Top - End - #414

DrowGuy

Rick

Rick is tempted to ask Chase if something is bothering her, but he's in his investigation mode. Right now, nothing else matters. Hopefully once he solves the case he can figure out what's troubling her.

When they arrive back at the Tremere safehouse, Rick looks for any cabinets where one would keep their records or perhaps even a journal. He skims the files, looking to see if there was anyone else Benny met with on a regular basis.
    Spoiler
    Show

Perception + Investigation, to find any records that might shine light on whom Benny was meeting with?

(8d10)[2][10][10][4][5][7][1][4](43)

25. - Top - End - #415
    Troll in the Playground

Claire

Rogan nodded. "Exactly. Depending on what kind of person that kine was, it's likely he'll be back next week looking for a beautiful brunette that likes to share her alcohol through a kiss. If I were still mortal and did not have a partner, I certainly would. Don't worry too much about it though. For a frist hunt, you did well, and yes, you do need to throw up what alcohol you consumed. The fact you did not retch it immediately is a good talent, not every kindred can do that."

He motioned to the open passenger door for her to give up the scotch in her body.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

She gives him a faint smile, a quick upturn of the corners of her mouth Well...I'm a Nosferatu, too. "Will you show me?"

27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

"Well good thing I'm not a blonde or redhead I guess, not nearly as many of those around. And um, thank you, for the compliments" Claire answered smiling a bit.

Claire then made to open the door. What followed was icky in the extreme. She never been one of those insane girls that puked up their food to stay thin. She understood the whole approach though. Induced vomiting was no more fun then being sick she discovered. Though the product at least was better, she again felt the tang of whiskey in her mouth, with even a faintest hint of blood. Probably washed down with the dregs of the liqour or something. She'd probably have not even noticed it before tonight. Even liquor was not a fun aftertaste when you knew you couldn't swallow it, and she spat repeatedly to get as much out as she could.

"Ugh, definitely going to keep investing in mouth wash. We should swing by a convenience store or something," Clair complained for a bit then looked at Rogan. It was her turn to ask the question.

"Just say he does remember me, gets all love at first sight-ish, and we meet again. Either I go back to that club or through bad luck we run into each other somewhere else. Are there long term options I guess? I'm sure its come up before so people like us have other ways of dealing with it. I'd rather not leave a body trail behind me ever again."

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ettin in the Playground

She studied the man for a bit, she would have almost preferred for him to have said 'bah caitiff, this is beneath me begone', but the night was not in it.

She considered the night, waking to a dead body - and eating it she shivered at the thought, being introduced to Gregor - who looked every bit the monster though that was likely unfair, and seeing Flat Face gunned down and then raise to speak with his attackers ... it was a rough night.

He was likely mistaking his nature of death for that of the hunter, maybe or at least hopefully.

She approached closer as requested trying for a logical thought to ignore the memories of night, "I don't know about that, worth is determined by the collective and the collective seems clear ... my own self worth might be very high" and in fact was she conceded privately "but that is unlikely to change the minds of others", she kept a sharp eye on him, but tried to note where Flat Face was also.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

Erica
    The young kindred nodded.

"I've got a feeling it's going to be a busy couple of months," she replied, smiling.

Not too much different from school, focus on the main goals, but don't neglect the extra-curricular activities.

"I'll be sure to try and make it to the next one," she said, "do you have any homework for me to do there, or should I just try to make friends?"

Now that she'd had a few moments to reflect, she turned back towards the subject of Chase.

"Also, why is it so admirable to turn down the offer of power," she asked, "I would think those who aren't ambitious would fall behind... or..."

What was Josef saying about feigning weakness to show strength?

"is it the other way around, everyone sees them as non-threats, and so they actually become more powerful because all the ambitious ones are cut off at the knees?"
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2012-10-17 at 12:47 AM.
    TC for short

30. - Top - End - #420
    Troll in the Playground

Rick

Chase helps look around too, havling the time it takes to search the place. Rick is the one to find something as far as records go. He finds Benny's day planner, hidden underneath the kitchen table. Clever and simple, a strap of velcroe is glued onto the udnerside of the table, and the planner tied to the strap.

It's probably the best day planner Rick has ever seen, leather bound, with several different pages from addresses to phone numbers, to maps. It's all laid out except for one tiny problem. It's all in code, with several numbers, and symbols, some symbols made up.

He can see clearly something is written for his meeting last night, but where and with who remains a mystery until the code can be cracked.

Amy

They drive for only a few minutes, Amy loses her sense of direction as they seemingly go in circels, though she ntoices they dont' cross the same point twice. Mike explains that part of his job is to influence city planning. When you can control where the roads go, you control the city. He laughs about the thought of the Sabbat trying to find this place, how they'd little be running in circles to get it.

Finally they stop at what looks to be a destitute, run down place, worse than she knew existed in Havensworth. Buildings are falling apart, there doesn't seem to be any life around.

Mike leads her to a manwhole cover which he picks up single handedly, and places to the side. He goes down the ladder first. "This is where we lived before Jean became the Prince. Most Nosferatu live underground, and have for centuries." They walked on a small strip above the sewage. Amy can once again see the reason why. It's just wide enough to walk on, running on it would be difficult.

"Just like how most people don't believe in vampires, they don't think there's anything worthwhile below. Hell, most kidnred don't even know." They enter into a large cavern. It goes down at least a hundred meters, and extends further than she can see. It's dark, but small fireflies and other glowing insects flutter about, lighting up the place. "There's a whole world down here, Evaz. It's not all pretty, there's places we simply don't go, but there are a lot of neat places too. Kind of like kindred society. Lot of ugly things, but there's just enough beauty in it all to make it worth it."

Claire

Rogan looked thoughtful. "Yes there are. It's... something I admit our Clan does not do as well as others. If there is a mortal you do not wish to kill, but you simply cannot let them go back to society, there are means. You can entreat someone who knows how to dominate to wipe their memory. The Ventrue and the Tremere both have those who can do it, though make sure you know their price first.

"Many vampires have what we call herds. Essentially a herd is weak willed mortals who the kindred has bent to their will. Blood cults, stoned groupies, servants. Clan Gangrel historically shuns this practice as we consider ourselves hunters, not shepards. Still, many Gangrel have met final death because they were forced to hunt at inopportune times, times when it would be best to lie low. To preserve the masquerade, herds come from the most pathetic souls generally, those without the conviction or courage to be anything but a follower.

"Then there are retainers, most of whom are ghouls. Ghouls are completely loyal as by the third time they drink of your blood they become blood bound to you, an unatural love. It's why you must avoid drinking the blood of kindred, for it works on us as well.

"As for the boy, in the unlikely event you two see each other again, I recommend you take a more practical approach and simply turn him down. One reason so many kindred die young is they depend on their newfound powers granted by the Curse of Caine. More often than not, the best thing to do is to act as any kine would do."

Danielle
    As she moved closer and her feet walked up two wooden stairs onto the deck, the shadows finally cleared. She was speaking to a corpse, a smelly, decaying corpse with fangs.

However, the corpse spoke. "Yes, and it must frightfully lonely for you knwoing that these 'kindred' won't be your friend because of something that wasn't your fault." The last three words were emphasized. "They call me Smiling Jack." He extended his hand, which was thankfully covered by a tattered glove.

She didn't have to guess why he was called Smiling Jack. The way his face had rotten, it was carved into a permanent smile.

Erica

"No homework. You have any responsibilities as it is learning about how to become a proper kindred, and of bringing this company back into prosperity."

He shook his head at Erica's conclusions. "Yes, those without ambition for power tend to fall behind. Those that don't fall behind though tend to be very talented individuals, their strength of character, their raw power offsetting the schemes and manipulation of those of us who take the easy road. Those end up becoming the most dangerous adversaries because whereas we in positions of authority build our castles on pillars of lies, their temples are founded on truth and passion. Such kindred are usually sent by their betters on ever increasingly dangerous missions, secretly hoping the prodigy meets final death. Those that survive eventually become the greatest among kindred.

"Erik Weinman was such an individual, at least as much of one I've seen for many years. The other Primogen were cowed, they could do nothing to rattle his position because unlike most Princes, he truly earned it through merit."

He looked Erica square in the eye. "I do not expect you to take the hard road Erica Lee. You may certainly try if that is your wish. Keep in mind though that while Weinman's star shined brighter than mine ever will, in the end, after centuries, he still met final death and I did not."