New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles IC, Chapter 1: Eyes Open

Rick and Danielle

If you don't answer my friend here's questions, you are going to die." Rick responds bluntly.

"I'm sorry about Stephen. But she's right, It's too late for him. You on the other hand might be savable. If you even want to be saved. I'm not going to pretend it's 'just' or 'right', but Desmond's time is numbered. He'll be destroyed, and then you will have no one. If you want to live until tomorrow, you're going to need someone in our community to step forward and offer to take you under their wing. So maybe cooperate with us and we can bargain for your life. "

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure what a roll for this would be, but since Rick's not the most persuasive guy, I'll just roll his Charisma.

(2d10)[5][1](6)
    Last edited by Dark Seeker; 2012-12-08 at 03:18 PM.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Troll in the Playground

Amy, Andrew, Erica

Amy could see how everything went down. Russian thugs, maybe four or five of them moved systematically to all the rooms, gunning whatever they found. The bodies of the victims had been moved, but the bloodstains were still there, and it was clear there were several people there, somewhere between a fifteen to twenty.

The Russians knew what they were doing, having done this kind of thing before.

Erica found a few more details. A frantic call by a relative. Probably the family had tried to call in help only to find a busy signal or no reply. Whoever they called, had tried to call back, too late. She also found a note underneath the phone. It was scratched in pen.

'Talk to us in the daytime, Mike.'

Andrew on the other hand seemed to have little luck. The others seemed to have everything covered.

Iris finished her own invetsigations, shaking her head. "Looks like this was kine, and kine only, friends. I'll have to consult the Prince to see how he wants this handled.

Danielle, Rick

She spat again. "M-m-monster! Kill me then! I know what you did to Desmund! Took his life away, took everything he had, tried to make him Satan's pawn. He's striking back. He's building an army, he'll fight fire with fire, and save us from you."

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle and Rick

She was getting angry now, she was trying to help the woman as best she could, and all she did was give abuse back, her grip tightened to a painful level.

"You listen to me ... you might survive this night, so might Desmund if he is lucky and you give us what we need ... its unlikely but I will try to help him if I can", the words were spoken through gritted teeth.

"I don't know what fairy-tales he has told you and gotten you to believe about horror film monsters, and frankly I don't care", she took a breath "Desmund has been kidnapping people and marking them for death. He is a monster, and we will stop him one way or another", she let the words sink in for a second.

Her grip moved from being painful back to just being tight, "now as for killing you ... that might happen we don't know what you have done ... but if it happens it probably won't be quick" taking a breath "you might have info that we need", she shifted her grip to get a firm lock on the woman's arm and began to slowly move it up to where it might break and holding it there.

"I will hurt you to keep you alive, but if you don't talk now I am going to have to take you to the boss and then it will be up to him now to proceed ... and at that point there will be little I can do to help you at all".

Sighing "now tell me everything you know about Desmund, where he is, his plans, what started this, everything ... and you might look back on this as a bad dream in the future".

She was out of time, Flat Face would either show up shortly to kill her or to torture her for info ... she needed the woman to speak now to have any chance of saving her, otherwise it would make more sense to deliver her to the man and save a bit of time.

Spoiler
    Show

Shifting her Grip:
    Dexterity+Brawl: (7d10)[8][8][4][1][2][9][5](37)

Doing damage to wear down resistance.
    Strength: (2d10)[6][10](16)

Trying to scare the info out of her rather then have her clam up.
    Strength + Intimidate : (3d10)[2][4][1](7)

4. - Top - End - #604
    Titan in the Playground

Erica

"Call us in the daytime, Mike," Erica repeated a few times, changing the inflection each time.

"No idea," she said, "but if it was kine only, do we wait here and wait for the Prince's word or can we get the heck out of this place?"
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

5. - Top - End - #605
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy, Andrew, Erica

'Call us in the daytime'. She wonders what it may mean. Somebody starting to question the fact that Mike would obviously only contact them after dark? Is it even relevant at all? And, now that I think about it, does Mike know what happened?

Amy is trying her best to ignore the blood stains, and the fact that, disturbingly enough, they smell like dinner. "Wait, why 'kine only'? All I see is four or five guys moving from room to room and shooting people. Could have been anyone for all I know. Could have been kindreds" Or ghouls "And hey, there were something like twenty people here...nobody had a gun and shot back? This wasn't exactly a hippie convention, was it?"
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2012-12-09 at 10:05 AM.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

6. - Top - End - #606
    Titan in the Playground

Erica, Amy, Andrew

"Could have been casualties on both sides, for all we know," Erica replies, "the Russians would have dragged their injured out, right?"

She stopped and turned to face Amy.

"Who's Yuri?" she asked, head cocked slightly to one side.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy, Andrew, Erica

Amy shrugs. "The Russians' boss." With a name like that, it should have been self-evident. "Nasty piece of work." More like a complete monster, but she doesn't feel like saying she had actually met the man. She shudders slightly.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

8. - Top - End - #608
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Andrew, Amy, Erica

"Mob boss? Fantastic." Andrew had heard about him from Becca and Julie. With nothing to photograph, it would be nice to leave. Heightened senses made the blood smell even sweeter. "When did it all go down? If the sun was still up, that rules out us."

9. - Top - End - #609
    Banned

"Thank you. But you need not worry, that was mostly just some harmless curiosity." Having found the results of his test satisfactory, he allowed himself to join in the laugh, then returned to his previous calm demeanor. "Or rather, well... It's an asset I have over certain others, and if I were to have a choice, I'd rather be the guy they call on for translations than the one they send out to crack heads in." Sounds reasonable enough, I guess. Though swordsplay would be a neat skill to have... "Them finding out what I'm saying is not exactly the worst of my worries, really." An ironic smile worming its way across his features, he let that exclamation sink in before continuing.

When he did, he mostly just asked for the state of affairs in Havensworth, trying to find out just what kind of endeavors the likes of Al Rowe, Josef Kirsch, Jean du Noir and, per chance, Sean himself, were currently involved in, how to steer clear of misunderstandings and trouble in that regard, what, precisely, he (Faruq) could and could not still do and what he would most likely be expected to be doing now; what it would actually take to perhaps learn, say, Celerity or Auspex without being a natural at it... who the fourth other Ventrue he had been hearing about back at Flockton's place actually was, as counting himself, that would bring the clan to five local members of which he knew but four... whether there was something like a "Who-is-who" of Havensworth Kindred, containing all the names (though he had hopes that Flockton's promised list would perhaps include a breakdown of which clans were how strong and who the members were) - and ultimately, what the point of all this "Jackal the Nine-Bladed is here and we should be afraid" talk, the deal with the Caitiff that started this whole mess, and the absence of Toreador neonates at the presentation were actually all about. The usual, just with the need for every last detail going full-force, in short.

And provided he'd learn enough, he would then, ultimately, seek to excuse himself under profuse thanks and pleasantries. "But that said, and seeing how the night is growing older... No offense, of course, but I would kind of like to hit my place and get my things in order. Been a rough couple days, and all. So..." He emptied the last glass with one last gulp, finding it somewhat repulsive, much like leftover fish consumed without heating, but at least it still quelled his hunger. This one wasn't all that enthusiastic by my reckoning. Either a long-term donor or somehow tricked into it, I'd guess. "... unless there is anything of immediate concern, would you mind terribly if we were to continue this talk at a later date?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Should you feel like adding some more information into the talk these two are having, be my guest. I just skimmed things a little to get the night over with, after all, and would be happy with an overall breakdown if you'd prefer not to have us play all minor details out. By the way, though, should we say that roughly half the glasses were to Faruq's tastes, with none being immediately undrinkable due to the invitation? Technically, they would all be fine due to the invitation thing. However, given our old "1 glass = 1/2 blood points" estimate, we're talking between like zero (none drinkable) or perhaps one or two bp (a handful are fine with him), but could go up to a whole six or more dots (all are fine due to him being invited), and I have a bit of a phobia concerning my own appearing greedy, so I'm not sure whether there should be compromise in that regard. Although I'm personally hoping that is not the case.
    Last edited by Worlok; 2012-12-09 at 11:13 AM.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy, Andrew, Erica

Not really Amy thinks immediately. She's surprised Andrew hasn't thought about it, too. "Ghouls, remember?" she says to him, keeping her voice low. The hour of the day doesn't mean a damn thing, either. Still... Talk to us in daytime, Mike. Not 'Contact Mike' or 'Call Mike back' or anything that could have vaguely resembled a memo somebody could have taken. Why the hell would someone scribble down a note like that?

Spoiler
    Show
    Uhm.... I feel like I should roll something to see if I have a brilliant intuition. Intelligence/wits (same pool, after all)+investigation? (5d6)[4][4][6][2][1](17) EDIT:
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2012-12-09 at 10:55 AM.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Wait, I just realised what I rolled...it should be 5d10, not 5d6.
    I'll try again
    (5d10)[10][9][6][4][7](36) EDIT: WHO-HOO!
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2012-12-09 at 11:45 AM.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Andrew, Amy, Erica

"I meant 'us' like, yanno, Kindred. Hard to commit a massacre before sunset." Frickin' double-speak made conversation difficult. "You have a point, though. It's a bit premature to conclude that only the Russians were responsible." Andrew considered the note. "Mike isn't an uncommon name. Whoever he is, they expected him to find the note and read it. It's addressed directly to him. Dumb way to deliver a message, but..." He shrugged. "Anyone have a pencil? Could see if the page above it said something of value."

13. - Top - End - #613

DrowGuy

Rick and Danielle

Seeing he was getting nowhere, Rick clams up and lets Danielle play bad cop for awhile. Perhaps she would have better luck then he had.

If not, the cop would probably have another death on his conscience. Right now, he wonders if he'd care.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy, Andrew, Erica

Amy frowns "A penc... oooh, a pencil. Good thinking." she says, mildly impressed. I should have thought of that. Why didn't I think of that? A quick search in her purse and her pockets reveals that no, she hasn't pocketed one by mistake as she sometimes does. "Erica?"
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2012-12-09 at 04:30 PM.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Andrew, Amy, Erica

"Wait, I might have one." Andrew fumbled through his camera bag, into which many small items had vanished over the years. He'd nearly given up when his fingers wrapped around a wooden stub. "Aha!" Andrew pulled out a golf pencil. "Any objections, Erica, before I ruin this otherwise completely useless note?"

16. - Top - End - #616
    Titan in the Playground

Erica, Amy, Andrew

Erica shook her head.

"No," she replied, "it's a good idea."

If we know the Russian boss, why can't we just dominate him and ask him point blank if there were others involved? There must be a reason...
    TC for short

17. - Top - End - #617
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Andrew, Amy, Erica

"Okay then." Andrew lightly scribbled across the page with the flat side of the pencil. Any indents in the paper should become readily visible.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Titan in the Playground

Erica, Andrew, Amy

It must be because either he's got some way to protect himself from it, or we're working with them somehow.

Erica stood on tiptoe to peer over Andrew's shoulder.

"What's it say?" she asked.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2012-12-10 at 06:27 AM.
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #619
    Troll in the Playground

Faruq

Perhaps it is trying to pull infromation out of Sean where the point is driven home of the nature of kindred, the self serving side. According to Sean, he, along with Jean, Josef, and Henry are the main power players. Rogan is too busy pretending to still be a 'proper' Gangrel, and Hayden's the only Camarilla Brujah left in the city.

Of Josef, Sean has some information. Josef has two main focuses right now. One is rebuilding his corporation since the death of Erik Weinman. Erica is meant to fulfill that niche, Sean believes. He's also tickled of the name similarities. Josef is a perfectionist, and as of late rarely leaves their headquarters. Sean's heard a rumor that he even has a quaint library with a fireplace and all. Josef is paranoid, and pays close attention to details. The second focus is his new operations in Manila, Philippines. Sean thinks it has something to do with the Cathayans, vampires from the East, a strange lot that seem to share very little with the Western vampire, including the Assamites, and generally kill any proper kindred in sight. Sean hints gleefully that Josef is taking a very big risk, but it may take some years before it weakens him.

Of Henry, Sean mostly talks about how dour and depressing the child-elder is. Always studying the occult underground, little interest in politics, but a lot of interest in power. Sean says that the former Brujah primogen before Hayden had accused Henry of infernalism, but was proven long, and ended up with a stake in his heart near dawn for the trouble he cause Henry. After a thorough search by an Archon - Sean did not divulge any details as to what an Archon was - it was proven beyond a doubt that Henry was clean. He was a monster, just not a devil worshipping one. Like Josef, Henry rarely leaves the safety of his haven.

Jean... Sean knows very little of the Prince, which frustrates him. Damnable sewer rat. He really wants to learn more about Amy as it may offer some clue. Jean is the eldest kindred, and once was a major player in France. Supposedly he came to America to slip past a rival, though what rival that was, Sean can't say, it's only a rumor.

Al Rowe has sex with cats, and likes to urinate in public. A disgusting pig who must use obfuscate to hide her ugliness like a Nosferatu. Prostituted herself in her travels to deep Africa where she found Iris, an almost equally loathesome creature.

Sean is cryptic with his own habits. At one point he's a patron of the arts, another a critic that thinks it's all crap. Sometimes he never leaves, others he's gone every night.

The last Ventrue is Jules. African American, and down to business, he is an outsider, sent in from the East coast to see if Josef and Melanie were screw ups after Assad's attack on the Ventrue. He was unable to find such evidence, and Sean believes that he now stays in Havensworth as punishment for not digging dirt, or making it up. Straight as an arrow, ruthless, but still fairly young to the blood, thirty of forty years.

As far as the do's and do not's, the six traditiosn cover most of it. As far as the respect issue, Sean suggest to Faruq that he uses his venomous words like a needle, not a sword. Swords are romantic as they cut away foes left and right, but there's no subtlety to a sword. Faruq played his hand, and his motives, and now every kindred in the city expects him to seek revenge agaisnt the Ventrue. No, a needle is better. You can poke someone with a needle and get away with it. Poke, poke, poke, keep poking.

"Of course Faruq, this has been most entertaining. Do come back soon."

Spoiler
    Show
    Time skip soon for you.

Danielle, Rick
    Spoiler
    Show
    You both botched you intimidation rolls.

"You'll kill me anyways!" She grimaces in pain.

The loud thuds on Flat Face's boots come from ahead. He had circled around. "No one else is here." He stops and looks down at the woman.

She recoils a bit at his visage. She gives him the bird with a pinned down hand. "Screw you!"

"Hm... maybe later. Been a few years since I saw any action." He kneels down with a knife in hand, the same that had cut off Faruq's tongue, though it had been cleaned since. He gave her arm a shallow cut. He sat there a few seconds watching, seeing the wound heal up. "She's a ghoul." He stood back up. "I'm sure you two have heard of the blood bond by now. Most ghouls'll die for their masters, won't ya?"

The young woman said nothing.

"Right. Well, good thing we got a few tools back at the good ol' Nosferatu flats to deal with that." He stomped on both of her legs. She screamed as the bones broke. "No more running, girl." He hoisted her up over his back. "Come on, you two may be able to help.

Amy, Andrew, Erica

Andrew had a clever idea, but there was nothing of use. It had probably come from a notepad owned by the homeowner, as just some half phone numbers and names that were certainly not Russian were on it in a jumbled mess. The message is all that was there. Amy thought on it, and the answer seemed simple. Yuri knew Mike was a vampire, but most of his men did not. It was a snub to Mike, just as the whole attack had been.

"Attack was during the day." Iris began pulling her braids back into a pony tail. "The Russians don't have any supernatural contacts that we know of, and nothing seemed out of place. If they had any non-human help, they didn't act like anything but a normal chump." He looked at Andrew again, her face seeming to smile any time she looked at him.

"And yeah, we've probably worn out our welcome, all except lover boy here."

She started heading for the door. "Hey it's me. Yeah, yeah. Really?..."

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Consistency is important

Danielle and Rick

At Flat Face's approach she shivered, time was up, she throw him a sickened look when he suggested having the woman sexually but took control of herself, and forced her fingers to let go when he moved to take the woman.

Her shoulders slumped in defeat there was nothing she could do to help her that she hadn't tried, this was her life now ... powerless to prevent a monster doing whatever they wanted.

Looking at Rick a cop, a man who might be used to this, who likely knew what he was doing ... "sorry if I got in your way there" her shoulders slumped and her voice dull.

21. - Top - End - #621

DrowGuy

Rick and Danielle

The frustration Rick feels with the woman dissipates as Flat Face appears and casually tortures her. No one deserved that. And here he was, allowing it to happen. Worst of all, he was too much of a coward to oppose it.
    When Danielle looks at him, he hangs his head, the regret evident.
    He follows Flat Face. At the very least, perhaps he could serve as a moderating voice on the other kindred, and lessen the pain he intended to inflict.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ((Sorry I'm being thick, but I can't understand if Al's talking to herself (apparently) or to someone else visible to us...))

Amy, Andrew, Erica

The pen writing is still visible under the pencil. "Uhm...Andrew, you mind if I take it all the same?" Assuming there aren' t objections she takes the note from him, folds it and puts it in her jeans' pocket. She's not about to start discussing Mike's involvment in all this, not if Iris doesn't bring it up, but she certainly wants to talk to him as soon as possible. Possibly without the others. Dammit Mike, of all the times for me not to know where you are..."Right, so... what's next, then?" she asks cautiously

23. - Top - End - #623
    Titan in the Playground

Erica, Amy, Andrew

"Well, we wait for her," she nods towards Iris, "and then I think we should do a postm- uhh... we should do a debriefing."

Erica paused for a moment.

Is she on a cell phone? Unlife's pretty good for some I guess.

"So far it's worked out okay, but I think we could have handled ourselves better if we had a solid plan going in, so we wouldn't get in each others' way," she said, "like.."

Erica stopped short and glanced around the supposedly empty house.

"Hmm, maybe we should talk about it later," she said.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2012-12-12 at 07:00 PM.
    TC for short

24. - Top - End - #624
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Okey dokey. Give Nyarai a little more time to post. Also Worlok, get you XP (how much XP did I give other people again?) Also put your two week summary in the OOC.

The larger group will be changing scenes soon for the second half of the night. Faruq will be joining them.

Danielle, Rick
    Flat Face hummed to himself, and seemed to purposelly hit every bump in the road he could, letting the ghoul in the back, tumble around, groaning in pain. "Nothin' like listening to some Johnny Cash with friends, and a crippled kine in the back of the truck, eh?" He seemed to be in high spirits.

They got to the flats, the sound of the land lady shrieking. "Flat Face!! There is a Clanless AND a kine! You bring shame into our home! Shame! Shame!"

"I will break that door of yours down and throttle you, damn wench!"

They walked into the main room. Slick was there, in his full ugly glory, painting a picture. "Oh, we got company?" He looked to see there was a prisoner with them. "Oh."

"Get the tools Slick. The one's to make her talk."

Slick sighed, seemingly in relief. "Will do."

Flat Face dropped the woman onto the chair Slick had been sitting in. She looked tired from the pain and fear. Flat Face looked to Danielle and Rick. "Right, so as I said back at the motel, ghouls are hard nuts to crack. This little cutie pie here probably would tell us whatever we wanted to know by now. Hell, she'd probably have gone to church and tried to get an exorcist with the stuff ol' Desmund's been doing, eh?"

"I... don't believe in God." The woman muttered, still defiant, but without the fire she had before."

"Well that's the most depressing thing I've heard all week." Flat Face leaned in, scrathing his chin. "Point is, she can't help herself. Now, some kindred can use some fancy words to trick a ghoul, other can use some nifty powers to compel her to speak. I have neither. That's why Slick's going to get some truth serum." He looked over his shoulder. "Unless either of you two know some dominate or presence to drag the information out?"

25. - Top - End - #625
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle and Rick

She was silent on the trip over trying to focus on the music, but the sound of the woman made that impossible. To his question "I don't like the idea of hurting people" she muttered, her own hypocrisy not lost on her as she said it.

Trying to take her mind off the subject at hand she considered an ever more worrying issue "should I be going to the Flats, Jean seemed against it", the princes name spoken before she caught herself to use an honorific ... it had been fine last time but this was not last time.

As the entered the flat she again attracted the attention of the woman, "who is that anyway?", turning to Rick "seems you are good company" she tried a smile to break the mood but it was weak at best.

She nodded to Slick at seeing him, suppressing a shudder half at his the idea of how this would play out, but half if she was honest at his appearance ... it should and really didn't matter but it was hard to control reactions at times.

She almost sighed in relief at the mention of truth serum, she would hopefully not need to sit through a live snuff movie only to freeze at the mention of powers thinking for a few seconds, "don't really know what I can do" her voice low "haven't really been practising".

26. - Top - End - #626
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Andrew, Amy, Erica

"Sure, go nuts." Andrew handed Amy the note. He smiled back at Iris, not sure what to make of her just yet. "Woo, skinheads love me. Mom will be so proud," Andrew said with a laugh. Erica's suggestion held some merit. Then again, there might not have been a frantic scramble to salvage the situation if Iris had mentioned they were coming unannounced. Artists, eh?

27. - Top - End - #627

DrowGuy

Rick and Danielle

At first, Rick does not reply to Danielle. He seems haunted by the events of the night. When she smiles he snaps out of his fog, and offers her a strained one as well. He realizes that if this is hard don him it must be even worse on the teen. cautiously, he reaches over and awkwardly pats her hand.

The sight of Slick nearly makes Rick nauseous. He's thankful he's seen enough crime scenes to repress the emotion. Though the sight of him and Flat Face are far worse than most of the corpses he's seen.

He responds to Flat Face's question. "I know a little Dominate, but only enough to coerce short answers out of her. Nothing that's likely to help here."

He addresses the girl. "Look, just talk. They'll break you sooner rather than later anyway. Quit being so damn stubborn and practice some self preservation for a change."

Spoiler
    Show
    not rolling for this, since I botched Rick's last persuade roll. More for flavor.
    Last edited by Dark Seeker; 2012-12-13 at 02:07 AM.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Troll in the Playground

Amy, Andrew, Erica

After another minute Iris was off the phone. They were already near the end of the street. "Right gang, looks like we have a small crisis on our hands. The city's underbelly just turned hot, and the Russians aren't playing nice with us anymore." She sighed. "Donovon gave the order to strike, tonight. We'll meet Al and Faruq at a distillery they control. Al will have some weapons for you."

She looked sad, and looked away from them. "I know this isn't what you were planning for the evening, but we all have to chip in. This isn't the way we should be get you guys initiated, but it's not my call. I'm sorry."

Danielle, Rick

The ghoul gave Rick a sour look, then stuck her tongue at him.

"Keep it out, sugar. I'll go grab my hedge clippers."

The tongue zipped back in her mouth.

Slick came back, wheezing, out of breath. He had what appeared to be a medical kit with syringes and bottles, along with a strap. Slick stayed off to the side while Flat Face went to work, using an alcohol wipe to clean the girl's arm, wrapping a band around her arm until the veins started to show. then he put the needle in. During all this time, she didn't struggle back, but Danielle and Rick could both see her eyes still showed determination, she'd try to find the drugs internally.

"Right, it'll take a few minutes to start kicking in. Slick, put on some of your 80's crap."

"But you don't like it."

"I know, I'd prefer to be angry while doing this."

There. The first signs of the poor girl cracking showed as a single tear welled up in her left eye and rolled down. Flat Face was no longer smiling, or making light of the situation. "What's your name, girl?"

She didn't answer.

Flat Face stepped closer to her. "My name is Flat Face. You can see why. Either you give me a name, or I'll call you No Nose."

"...Dorothy."

Flat Face nodded. "Fine. Dorothy then." He stared at her, not speaking as the drugs took their affect.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll perception + empathy

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle and Rick

As the interrogation started she moved back to a wall, half not to be in the way, and half because she didn't want to be there.

Were this a movie the 'no nose' comment would have brought a smile to her face at the easy wit ... in life it was less amusing.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception + Empathy: (4d10)[4][8][2][1](15)
    Don't know whether Coldly Logical would apply here.

30. - Top - End - #630

DrowGuy

Danielle and Rick

Spoiler
    Show
    (4d10)[7][3][2][3](15)

Rick goes professional, an attempt to distance himself from what is happening. He observes the scene, trying to read what he can from it.