New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles IC, Chapter 1: Eyes Open

Amy, Andrew, Erica

Amy's first thought is You really got the wrong vampire for the job. She doesn't think she could manage to kill someone, irrespectively of what they'd done. The exception, probably, would be Yuri. HIM, she wouldn't have a problem with, or so she tells herself. Face it, he probably would have to be pointing a gun at me to have me pull the trigger.

Besides, what do I look like, Rambo? "I don't think I could shoot straight to save my life." She says clearly. And I don't think I would even if I could.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

2. - Top - End - #632
    Titan in the Playground

Erica

"Yeah, that makes two of us," Erica said, "I've never even held a gun in my life."

Thanks a lot, Melanie, a lot of good some kung fu is going to do when I'm staring down the barrel of a Russian mobster's gun... it's like a bad Chinese movie.

Then the young woman seemed to come to some kind of realization.

"Whatever, let's just get this over with," she said, starting to walk towards the car, "but we should come up with a plan first this time though, like Andrew you can Awe them and Amy you can impersonate them and I can get them to shoot each other or something."

Gravel crunched under her feet as she walked.

"At least we had this," Erica said, motioning in the general direction of the two houses, "as a trial run. If we step on each others' toes this time, it could end up badly."

It's a test to cull the weak, and I'm going to make damn sure I'm not one of them.

"Plus, I'm guessing they know about us, at least the top guy, so they're going to use fire," she added, "so we should have something to put it out."
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2012-12-14 at 07:16 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

3. - Top - End - #633
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Andrew

Andrew scratched behind one ear. "Uh... Still only two of you. Heh." Julie had gotten nervous after some threats were made against the DA's office last year. Her solution was to get licensed for concealed carry, and she'd dragged Andrew along to the range. Beyond the early morning grouchiness, he found it a rather relaxing pastime. Andrew had never shot at a person though.

He sucked air through his teeth at Erica's plan. "Yeah... That only works when we're not a danger to them. On the bright side, distilleries have a tendency to, yanno, explode. So there won't be any fire unless the Russians want to go up in flames too."
    Last edited by JonRG; 2012-12-15 at 12:56 PM.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Titan in the Playground

Erica, Amy, Andrew

"Do they?" she asked, "maybe the distillery should have an accident, unfortunately blowing up a group of thieves inside."
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2012-12-15 at 07:38 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

5. - Top - End - #635
    Troll in the Playground

Danielle and Rick
    Rick Only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dorothy is clearly a made up name, not that Flat Face seems to know or mind.

They watch as her eyes start to glaze over, and she starts to wobble in her chair a bit. "All right now, let's start with the basics. What do you think of me?"

"Screw you." She said the words half heartedly, and smiled and herself.

Flat Face nodded. "All right, now what do you think of Desmud?"

"Perfect. Scary. Hurt. Weak. Handsome. Really handsome. Like wow."

Flat Face chuckled. "Scary, hurt, weak, tell me more."

Slowly, but surely the story came out. Dorothy never really knew Desmund well until recently. She worked at the coffee shop he went to. She had a small crush on him, but then again she had a small crush on a lot of guys.

He took her into his fold about a couple months ago, ghouling her, and some others. Desmund had it all before. He was in medical school and only a year away from getting his PhD. He had a small marketing business on the side that was starting to tap into the world wide web. He had friends, family, a future, but then it was all taken away when some shadowy figure took his life, and he found himself an outcast in this new society. Now he needed revenge against the demons, and so was going to create his own army of kindred and ghouls.

It wasn't going well though. Apparently this Desmund said he was of the 14th generation, and out of eight attempts, only one had become embraced, and seemed to barely be able to do any powers at all. These failures, and the drug use, that is to say forcing people around him to take drugs, then feeding off them, was taking was changing him for the worst.

Flat Face looked to the other two. "So there you go. We got a scared, desperate Caitiff murdering people left and right for a battle he can't win. A 15th generation... never thought I'd hear such a thing. Feel free to ask her anything else, I have to make a call."

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle and Rick

The world wide web she racked her mind, oh yea computers and some revolution that was going to occur for usage in the next decade or so, or so the papers said, still seemed odd to her, perhaps she would consider learning.

14th Generation, like me and he can ghoul and embrace she really would have like not to be able to do either ... just another thing separating her from humanity.

Regardless to the matter at hand, Desmund and his child, "When was Desmund embraced", dammit, first question wasted on idly curiosity, but then Billy lasted six months before snapping how long had Desmund lasted might be important.

"Tell us about his child", she also wanted to know if he spoke positively about any other kindred as they might be in on it, but the childe's life came first.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

Rick and Danielle

"Poor kid..." Rick mutters. "And look. He made you just as much a victim as he was. He destroyed your life and enlisted you in a war you had no idea even existed. He's killed a number of innocents all so he can breed expendable solders for his futile crusade against the power structure in this city. And yet you're forced to love him because his blood flows through your veins. The way I see it, he's just as much of a monster as those he claims to be fighting."

Rick's dislike of Desmond grows. Before, Rick was willing to try and negotiate, maybe help Desmond get out of this alive. After seeing what he had done to innocent people though, he now couldn't wait to destroy him. He was almost looking forward to it.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Ettin in the Playground

Erica, Amy, Andrew

Amy launches a look towards Erica. I guess -someone-'s having less troubles than me adjusting...

"It wouldn't be just the distillery blowing up if we went through with that, would it?" she asks, frowning. Is she really prepared to blow up two or three buildings? And why, just to get brownie points with the boss?

Spoiler
    Show
    ((I'm sure there's some regulation in America as well about distilleries being built away from other buildings... but I couldn't find it with a quick search and hey, it's the world of darkness: health and safety laws are bound to be worse. ))
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2012-12-18 at 03:50 PM.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

9. - Top - End - #639
    Titan in the Playground

Erica, Amy, Andrew

"What, it wasn't my idea, at least not totally," Erica said in response to Amy's look, "besides, I wouldn't even know where to get started."
    TC for short

10. - Top - End - #640
    Troll in the Playground

Danielle, Rick

Rick can see the doubt flash in the ghoul's eyes but the blood within her is still there, and would be for anywhere from a week to a month. Still, she spoke up a little, without any malice. "What would you have done? Told you get to be trash for an eternity... after having everything..."

They could hear Flat Face guffawing at whatever the person at the other end of the phone said, out of site.

Amy, Andrew, Erica

"Don't worry about the logistics, that's what Al's for this time. Consider it a tutorial as one day maybe some of you will want to take a stab at organized crime." She gave Amy a knowing smile.

The ride took sometime. Iris was a passive driver, unlike many of the kindred in the city. They drove north to the outskirts of town where no one lived, but where there were factories and warehouses.

"Right, turn off all electronic devices, fasten your seatbelts, and be sure to listen to the Captain at all times. Al's the Captain. She's up ahead a little ways. She'll give you each your own instructions. If you don't think you can do it, say so. If you just don't want to well... being kindred isn't for everyone. Knew a few people better than me, no shame in saying no, but it's only fair to tell you all that this is a test."

11. - Top - End - #641
    Titan in the Playground

Erica, Amy, Andrew

“I have a question, actually,” Erica said.

“Is there any chance this could be a trap?” she asked, “I mean, I’m guessing the Russians were working with us somehow.”

Erica glanced quickly at Amy.

“And what they did to those people… we asked them not to, right?” she asked.

“And they did it anyway, or at least we think they did it,” she continued, “but they must have known Jean wouldn’t stand for it, right? So is it possible someone framed them to get us to wipe them out, or maybe we’re the real targets, and we’re on our way to a distillery right now that’s rigged to blow up while we’re inside?”

Erica looked back and forth between the other three kindred with a puzzled expression on her face.
    TC for short

12. - Top - End - #642
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy, Andrew, Erica

Amy shrugs. Erica makes a good point, but from what little she has seen of Yuri, doing it out of spite seems pretty much in-character as well for the man. Stupid, but in-character. Arrogant bastard. She doesn't say anything, though. She really doesn't want to let the others know how she had been involved in the negotiations. That's my business...and well, Mike's business as well, I suppose. "I imagine Al would have checked that out... or otherwise, that would be the first thing for us to check out"

As for what Iris has said... Amy sees no point in arguing about it now. I'll wait to see what Al asks from me. However, she has every intention to make her point very clearly. Tests be damned. If they wanted a soldier, they should have embraced a friggin' marine. I'm not shooting anyone.
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2012-12-21 at 02:51 AM.

13. - Top - End - #643

DrowGuy

Rick and Danielle

"What would I do? I certainly wouldn't have damned other people in my pointless crusade against the powers that be. So Desmond had his life ruined. So did some of the others who were just embraced. But you know what, they didn't resolve to bring down the whole damn world with them. Some of us are trying to do good in our new state. Desmond could have too. He could have become a far better doctor then he ever could have as a human. Instead he became bitter, and decided to drag you and his other ghouls down with him. You're asking me who the biggest monster is? I'd say it's Desmond."

Rick leans down, his voice growing gentler. "Look, I can still save you. You agree to help us, and I think I can convince Flat Face in there to let you out of this alive. You would need to betray Desmond, and I realize that probably seems impossible to you. But understand that he did it to you first. He manipulated you, forced these feelings on you and enthralled you in a world you had no understanding of. If you want my help, I can save you. But you're going to need to decide if you want to die with your 'master' or live life on your own terms.

"You can start by telling me your real name."

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle and Rick

So she was getting nothing on the childe, a pity but the detective seemed to have everything in order, thought he was likely lying about saving her, at best she could be his ghoul and be in the same slavery she had now.

The idea that Desmund could have made something with his death struck a cord with her, could he have, really?
    She had her suspicions that no was the answer, in the end anything that he could have gotten would have been lost to time or someone older then him, or someone with a clans backing.

This week she had perhaps killed a man, and had physically hurt the woman before her, how long did she have until she was like Desmund or Billy, she turned away from the scene, the cop had it in order she was just dead weight here.

Throwing an ear to Flat Face to see about catching the conversation was about all she could do.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception + Alertness:(5d10)[2][5][4][2][7](20)

15. - Top - End - #645
    Troll in the Playground

Danielle, Rick

Danielle can hear some muttered words here and there. "Yeah, yeah, see what they do." "Bet you fifty bucks on it." "Yeah, no problem."

The young woman looks at Rick, this time without hate. His words makes sense, and it seems she almost wants to agree, almost that is. Her head sinks down in defeat, stuck between the cursed blood in her body, and a chance out. "Joey Nelson."

Flat Face walked back to the group. "Right, I'm sleepy." He gave his crotch a couple scratches. "I'm going to call it an early night. You two figure out what to do with her. One of the Tremere ghouls will pick you both up in a bit." Flat Face purposelly dropped his knife in between them, whistling as he went for the staircase.

Amy, Andrew, Erica

As they walked, Iris responded to Erica. "A lot of the money that kindred use come from the criminal elements of society. In a world with growing technology, it's becoming more important. No traces, fewer questions, and if a couple thugs disappear, no one asks questions. We get away with a lot more than you'd ever guess, but not as much as we used to, at least not in America. So yes, we work with the different groups in Havensworth's underground, the Russians being the strongest. They don't know about the Prince, they mostly deal with Mike. I guess Yuri ran into a kindred or something back in Russia. Knows about the whole sunlight thing, might know a few other secrets, but he doesn't know about the Camarilla, at least we hope he doesn't."

They could see Al, next to her van. They did not see Faruq. Iris continued to speak. "This could be a trap yes, but hopefully Al has that figured out to by now."

When they approached they could see a little blood on Al's lips. She nodded professionally to the three. "They've increase security. We have two guards in the front and back exits, and at least five bad guys inside, maybe more. We'll split into two teams." She opened up the side of the van. In it was a dead body, probably a Russian mobsters by the way he dressed, classy and zleezy at the same time. There were also about a score of firearms hanging on the inisde of the van. "I don't know if it's been explained to you all yet, but you're all expected to take part in this. If the Anarchs from California, or the Sabbat attack the city, every kindred will be expected to fight. Tonight's to see that you get a little practice. These men guarding the warehouse are thugs, killers, and rapists. Their boss called war on us. Still, if any of you have any reservations, tell me now. I don't want anyone here hurt because the person next to them freezes up."

Unlike Iris, AL seemed all business and no fun this night.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy, Andrew, Erica

You can bet your skinny behind I have reservations. Amy bites her tongue just before blurting that out, and instead just shakes her head. "I'm not a soldier. I don't even know how to hold a gun properly. I'd just end up shooting someone of us." And she definitely, most emphatically does NOT want to learn, either. "There has to be some other way I can make myself useful." What about infiltration? I could hide in the shadows, just to name one.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle and Rick

What?, was that it she wondered as Flat Face seemed to lose interest, turning away in distaste as he scratched himself.

Looking from the knife to the ghoul to the police officer and catching his eyes she shrugged. "Nothing I can really contribute here. But it seems it's up to you" some choice, kill the girl or enslave her - if the latter was even possible with Desmund out there, hell the bond might last past death, so she would be love struck with a pile of ash ... maybe death was kinder, she stopped herself at that thought ... so I'm just a dead monster?.

Think Danielle, your better then this she mentally snapped at herself, "If we can get her mind wiped somehow" she started slowly putting the thoughts together and making sure the words made sense, "and get her into rehab" her voice gaining confidence "she wouldn't even remember what she is addicted to, she might be ok after a while", still all on the cop wanting to call in favours, Jack likely couldn't or wouldn't help with this, considering "I might know some people that might help with that if you are happy with it", Felix or Marshal might be willing to assist ... maybe, or maybe not, but it was her only idea.

Turning to Flat Face's back, "That's it then, are we done? Desmund and his childe dealt with my someone else. Or is it, you're done and he is our responsibility now to prove ourselves?", she wanted to go after him, but not if it meant standing on someone else's toes.

18. - Top - End - #648

DrowGuy

Rick and Danielle

"Good. I think I'll be able to get you out of this alive after all." He nods at Joey, the hint of a smile crossing his face.

He looks at Danielle, considering. "Yeah, that could work. I'm sure there are some kindred who could modify her memory enough to have her forget all this. Hear that kid, you could have a normal life again." He observes Flat Face, and moves to intercept him.

"Hey, hold on a sec." He moves towards Flatface, hoping the man will prove willing to listen to him and Danielle.

"I think we can use her to get to Desmond. She clearly has a lot of resentment for him, even if the blood tempers that hatred. But I think even more then her forced love for him she has a craving to have her own life back. She seems willing to help us for a chance at getting out of this. So maybe what we do is we offer her it. Some of our kind can modify her memory right, make her think she's addicted to crack or something rather than blood. And it keeps the masquerade hidden.

"As for the girl, whose name is actually Joey, We have her get in touch with Desmond for us. She can convince him she and the others were attacked and she's the only survivor and needs him. We lure Desmond out of whatever hole he's hiding in and we deal with him." Rick looks at Flat Face. "So? What do you think?"
    Last edited by Dark Seeker; 2012-12-29 at 03:38 PM.

19. - Top - End - #649
    Titan in the Playground

Erica, Andrew, Iris

Holy crap!

Erica stared at the body momentarily.

"Umm, I've never held a gun either," she said.

"Is there a plan, or... or is going in guns blazing the plan?" she asked.

She swallowed and looked at Al.
    TC for short

20. - Top - End - #650
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Have a bit of a cold, but other than that my holiday travels are over. Expect more regular posting from me now.

Danielle, Rick

To Danielle's comment about proving themselves Flat Face shrugs and says, "Pretty much."

He gives Rick a questioning look when he steps out in front. "I think your plan is a pile of crap." He pauses, seemingly like he's done. He glances over to Joey and points a finger. "The blood bond doesn't temper anything. It overwhelms you. You can hate someone more than the devil hates God, but the love comes first. She'll stop being a ghoul a month or so after her last drink of vitae, but don't mean the blood bond is gone. There are ways to remove it, but don't know anyone in the city who can do it."

He offered a cruel smile. "Well, except one. Kill Desmund. That'll do the trick." His eyes took on an appraising look towards Joey. "After that you could probably find someone in your Clan to wipe her memory Warlock, maybe by then you might want to keep her." He waved it off. "Don't want her here though. She can stay the night, but after that she's all yours."

Amy, Andrew, Erica

Al's expression softened. She nods her head empathetically towards Amy. "All right, I understand. You know some obfuscate, right?" She leans into the van and pulls out a dark green duffle bag. Inside are a few pipe bombs. "You can use the shadows and get these inside the building. We won't pull the trigger until all of us are out."

She looked to Erica. "The plan is to see how each of you can help out. Iris and I could do it alone, but we need to get you all ready. We need to make sure if the Sabbat attack, or you run into Jackal the Ninebladed or some other monster, you won't meet final death. So tell me Erica, what can we do? Dominate the guards out front? Sway them with presence? Have some sort of skill that might come in handy?"

Faruq

Faruq awoke to phone call. It was from Sean. "Hello Faruq my dear boy! Wonderful news! The Camarilla is sending you a potentially dangerous mission. It's like my little chickling is being given the chance to fly for the first time!" He gave Faruq the address.

Spoiler
    Show
    It's the address of where the Amy, Andrew, Erica team are.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Titan in the Playground

Erica, Amy, Andrew

"I've had pretty good luck with dominate," Erica replied, "I might even be able to get them to turn on each other."

That means you're going in first, you know. Doesn't matter, Iris and Al could do it alone, so we're not really in danger, not unless there's something they don't know.

"If there's only one, I might be able to get him to spill his guts, tell us how many are inside, and whether they're expecting us," she said.

"And, I think I'd feel better if you showed me how the gun works and I practiced reloading a few times," she added, "just in case."
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #652
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle and Rick

Yip our job, she figured it would likely come to that.

She wasn't sure if the woman would survive the night here but Rick had seemingly taken responsibility for her so his call ... it wasn't as if she knew anywhere safer.

"Can't kill him", she muttered, "Jean was clear on that part" traditions were not to be broken.

Looking at Rick "I'll largely follow your lead, but I don't know how much use I will really be", looking at the man, he seemed interested in defending the girl ... but he had killed a man earlier without remorse and one of his clans Ghouls was on the way now ... maybe he just wanted his one slave in this Joey. She suppressed a shudder.

"If we follow up with those people I mentioned they might have a lead on Desmund", shrugging "but can't even say that I would be sure they will help, and likely not for free ... so if you have a more reliable idea, cool your call", she realised that she had not mentioned who they were if the society was ever hunting her she really didn't want them to know how she might think and move, she would let the cop know when they were picked up.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Banned

Faruq

The pounding ring of the telephone tore Faruq out of the deep and dreamless slumber of the very stoned, and despite his mouth being dry enough to make like half his consonants just drop down in the desert, he managed to crow out a reply along the lines of "Wuh... Well, flyin' sounds 'bout right. 'm much obliged." Flockton warned me. I should keep an ear out, here. This might all be a ruse. But then there's little need to ruin things with Seany-boy, and it sure -sounds- legitimate. He had decided to assume that the importance of a matter he discussed with the fat Primogen was directly proportional to the degree of floweriness in the latter's choice of words. On the other hand, he had also decided to not descend into paranoia under Flockton's repeated warnings, and look how that worked out. Though I mean, if I wanted to send the new guy off to his death, I wouldn't quite go for the ol' 'come-to-this-adress-here-we-got-a-job-for-you'-approach. Just keep cool. And only after the amount of time it took him to fill a random glass with ice-cold tapwater and empty its content into his very face in order to come to, he added: "I'm goin' ta check it out right now. Anything in particular I should know about?" He realised that he had actually held the small container in one hand and the phone in the other throughout all this, allowed himself to briefly marvel at how easily his newly-trained ambidexterity now came to him, and pushed fried memories of ganjah-involved wake-up revelries aside. Gotta remember, smokes won't work. I really should get myself a roommate eventually, prolly take one of the ladies in. His efforts of recruiting himself a herd of potheads had paid off repeatedly throughout the last two weeks, thus just the other night when he had helped himself to some of his prefered customers' precious blood so as to celebrate the progress he had made, but missing ye olde customary wake-bake-breakfast for eternity would just not do. As of right now, he really wished he could remember whether he had brought the subject up with Charles previously, and vowed to make sure before following through on Plan Roommate.

(Barring further specifications on Sean's part, he will pretty much just make for the adress as fast as possible, meet up with the others or possibly wait in the van, and await further events on site.)
    Last edited by Worlok; 2013-01-08 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Details.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Andrew, Amy, Erica

Andrew furrowed his brow. While Al didn't smell like tomcat urine, she apparently was none too attentive to people's emotions. "I don't think pipe bombs will help, if her issue is with taking lives," he said, softly yet firmly.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Titan in the Playground

Erica, Amy, Andrew

"Maybe you could go in ahead of us, see how many there are and where they are?" Erica asked, glancing to Amy.

Her voice was even, but for an instant, her expression betrayed nervousness or apprehension. No doubt she was scared, despite the brave front she put up.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2013-01-09 at 12:56 AM.
    TC for short

26. - Top - End - #656

DrowGuy

Rick and Danielle

Rick's eyes narrow as Flat Face dismisses his plan, but he controls the frustration. Best to just smile and nod.

"Right. Well Desmond will be dealt with, don't you worry about that. As for his ghoul, I'll see that she's dealt with as well."

After Flat Face leaves, he looks to Danielle. "Well it seems like they want us to find and deal with Desmond. I'm partial to bringing him back for a trial, but if the guy proves to be a danger, I have no qualms about killing him. Especially after what I've seen tonight." He casts a reluctant glance towards Joey, and for a brief moment his gaze softens.

"I guess Flat Face is right. She won't be of much help in assisting us in locating her master. Can't hurt to ask though."

The detective returns to the ghoul, leaning down to address her.

"I need you to think very carefully before you answer. Does Desmond or his childe have any hideouts or hangouts that you know of? A favorite bar to pick up victims, that sort of thing? The sooner we find him, the sooner we can make your life go back to normal."

27. - Top - End - #657
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle and Rick

She looked at the cop uncertainty, "we can't kill him" she said after she gathered her thought, "he has committed one crime, the embrace", she looking to the ghoul, they didn't seem to count for the masquerade.
    "Killing him means we can't be trusted to keep the rules any more then he could be, and shows that we are dangerous in a homicidal sense", to be fair to the cop he might survive that ... she likely wouldn't.

She left her aversion to murder unsaid, this was a time to be rational not emotional.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Troll in the Playground

Danielle and Rick

Joey only shook her head. With Flat Face gone. "I can't, I don't..." She was tired though, and the drugs were starting to take effect on her more than before. "Use to be the university library until the cop showed up. Then it was his friends place near the docks until he died. Died... the embrace didn't work. I... I don't know now. Only calls me from payphones. I... I won't help you. Can't... Mercy would get mad, and then Desmund would get mad..." She shook her head. She was starting to fall asleep.

Faruq

"Oh... I could give you more details... but that wouldn't be as fun. Oh, other than to say that Al Rowe is a miserable harlot with-" The rest was quite vulgar to hear.

Amy, Andrew, Erica, Faruq

Faruq pulled up as Al was making preparations based on what the others were saying. She offered a quick glance to notice him as she continued.

As she spoke, Iris was giving Erica the basics of using a gun. "... and the kick won't be so bad since you're kindred now. Maybe use a little vitae to beef up your arms if you need to."

Al replied to Andrew. "This isn't my call Rose." Rose. Andrew had heard enough about the 'Rose Toreador' and the 'Iris Toreador'. Iris gave a disagreeing look to Al when she said it. After all, she had been trying to warm up to Andrew only for her sire to point out the solid red line between them. She looked across them, knowing the mood was turned against her. However, rather than use presence on them, she turned to Iris. "Please..."

Iris nodded to her sire. "All right, friends. You all deserve a proper explanation. "I talked a little about it before, but we need funding from the criminal element. Here's why. We can't keep getting the newest security systems, bribing the right people, hiring enough people, not to mention getting black market goods like weapons. Someone will find out if we grow weak, and they'll attack us, and they'll win, or at least give final death to more of us than they should have. This is survival." Iris looked away for a moment, it seemed she wasn't happy to say any of it. "It's never easy the first time. Truth be told, it should never get easy, else the beast will win. Everyone needs to be ready for combat though. We can't let you all go inexperienced until the real monsters show up though. Can I Al..."

"Go ahead."

"The truth of it is that tonight is going to define your roles if we do get attacked. Don't worry, it can change, this is just the first indicator. The young ones get new disciplines and skills quickly, and as you build those, Henry will tailor it. Henry's the Warmaster, and he won't put someone in a role they aren't suited for. Only if he thinks that there's no role for you to play..."

"Front line." Al's expression was resolute. She was like a Valkyrie in this light, a pale, beautiful, stoic goddess, fair but strict. "I'm trying to help you, believe me. Thank whatever God you believe in you're not with Flat Face like the other two. He's probably asking them to decide between a hatchet and a chainsaw. Give me something to work with, and I'll do my best to go with it." She turned her head. "Good evening Faruq. I'm sure you've figured out most of it. The Russian Mob in the city needs to be humbled or put down. We have a warehouse to burn or blow up, and some mobsters to kill. Any particular niche you want to fill? We have some weapons in the van if you're without."

29. - Top - End - #659
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

Amy draws a deep breath. Right. "You are right. That's not your call, it's mine." She ignores the warnings of common sense that's telling her that is NOT a good idea to argue with someone that's certainly higher than her in the pecking order. "I'm not an idiot. If someone was coming at me with a pointed gun, I would shoot them. That's my role if someone attacks us." Her expression hardens "But if you needed a frigging' assault soldier, you shouldn't have embraced a store clerk. I don't want to do this, Al, and I'm not. I don't care what you say."
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2013-01-12 at 04:14 AM.

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle and Rick

She moved over to the woman - Joey - the cop had said, "Listen Joey, I understand some if it, I'm newer then Desmund", hell I might be newer then his child depending on when this started, "he can survive this, and actually do well for himself", dealing with addicts and abusive relationships was not really an area she was great at but if she remembered correctly holding out a chance to them could get agreement at times.

"Think about it, you think he is great but we don't know him" she shrugged "but he has everyone's attention now, if we get him and talk to him, maybe he can explain himself ... maybe he actually gets some respect for his efforts", she couldn't bring herself to smile reassuringly at this lie.

"All we might need at the moment is for you to tell us some things to help him out. Where does he call you to, your home? or somewhere else?, where and when do you get your blood? and who is Mercy?".

She backed off, "none of that could hurt him right, and it might prevent" she cast an eye at the door Flat Face left by "someone else hurting him".

She had the phantom taste of bile in her mouth at this nonsense she was spewing, and had to maintain strict control of herself not to mess it up ... but if it saved the lives of a few people she could do it.

Spoiler
    Show

Will use the combo rules you listed, and use a willpower to boost it.
    Charisma+Empathy: (3d10)[3][2][7](12)
    Manipulation+Subterfuge: (2d10)[2][2](4)