New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles IC, Chapter 1: Eyes Open

Rick and Danielle

"The Anarchs... Huh.

"My clan seems to view them as troublemakers. But I don't have a problem with them. Not yet, anyway. In my experience, there needs to be a few rabble rousers around to keep folks honest. Good idea to ask for their help," He comments, offering Danielle a brief smile that came off as more like a grimace.

Kid was smarter then he thought. Shame she had gotten caught up in all this.
    Last edited by Dark Seeker; 2013-01-26 at 07:04 PM.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle and Rick

Well he took that well, "Good, not to sure they will be able - or willing - to help with her, but they might point us towards Desmund".

"My only other idea for her is if you can have her under lockup with any cop buddies you know, or if you know how to get her arrested for a few days to keep her out of the way until we can think of something better", she shrugged ... she was being fairly useless here really ... but better to be worthless then competent seemingly. Injecting her with heroin would be the simplest method of getting her out of the way and have her stories not believed as anything other then rambling ... but she could not bring herself to give words to that idea.

She looked at the man closely older then she thought, maybe closer to her mothers age, fit and seemingly well meaning. Had it been a month before she might have encouraged her mother to pursue a potential relationship ... now if he approached her mother there would be problems.

"I wasn't going to say anything" she paused "killing that man it doesn't sit well with me" she thought back to her anger and put it aside, "but he had a gun on me and could have killed me ... so I guess" good she hated this "I guess I am saying thanks for maybe saving me from being shotgunned to final death", there it was done, she had thanked a man for murder, what is my life like.

3. - Top - End - #723

DrowGuy

Rick and Danielle

"Hopefully they can. They're all outcasts. If Desmond meets with any of our kind, I'm guessing it's them.

"Cop buddies..." Here he lets out a laugh. "I'm not exactly popular with the boys down at the precinct. I may know one or two who owe me a favor and won't ask questions. But I'd rather not play that card unless I absolutely have to. Let's see if the anarchs have any sympathy for the girl first."

He frowns as Danielle brings up the dead guy. The dead guy. so that's how he already thought of him.

"Don't. It's... what's done is done. I'm not happy I had to do it, but I felt like reasoning wasn't going to work on him. And when a gun has a gun and won't put it down, we're trained to take him down.

"First time I ever killed anyone, believe it or not. I felt like I lost a part of me when I did so. Seeing some of our kind like Flat Face... makes me wonder how many people he's killed over the years."

He goes quiet, retreating into himself.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle and Rick

Her own thoughts more or less exactly on the anarchs, but she still wasn't sure they would help without cause.

She was a bit shocked that he would suggest to call on kindred help but hesitate on calling on mortals ... she would prefer to owe the others as little as possible.
    But hey he was important to the society and she wasn't so it made sense for him to want connections.

It was good that he at least felt something over the death she considered, "yea enough mussy stuff, what is done is done", she offered a weak smile.

The smile vanished at the mention of Flat Face, "a lot" she said with certainty when he mentioned how many Flat Face had killed, Billy's family was almost certainly his task in her mind, the dead man she eat the next night, the man tonight ... Flat Face's role seemed to be wet work and what Gregor said seemed to indicate that also.

"I don't think he is really a bad guy, just ... " she paused "just used to it. No different then killing sheep or something to him" just a job, she frowned ... would she be used to it. Not for the first time she thought of the junkie, she would have to visit him and make sure he was ok.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Troll in the Playground

Amy, Andrew, Erica, Faruq

The man began to say his morning to Erica. The man had a foul mouth, with almost every sentence having an f bomb or Russian words that were almost certainly swears. It was uneventful. Woke up in the late afternoon, had sex with his girlfriend, and then argued with his girlfriend, and came to the warehouse to guard it. Had barely just started his shift.

It was odd the way he spoke. He just rattled it off speaking like a machine, no heart, no expression in how he spoke.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, roll for stealth too. She can't be seen, but need to make sure she doesn't kick a loose pipe or something. Extra successes can let her get really close to the guards.

Amy saw at least four guards in the warehouse. One was high above on a second level ramparts, and looked to be asleep standing. Another one was just behind the front door. The last door she found were standing over a large stack of heavy wooden boxes.

There was something off about the place. She could see the distillery, a small thing in the corner, and it did look like it was used recently, but they were guarding the crates instead.

Danielle, Rick

The two made their way to the anarch's small slice of heaven. Marshal and Felix were playing cards when they entered.

"The prodigal daughter returns." Felix looked up. "With another friend I see. I'm going to guess... Andy the new Toreador?" He offered up a smile expecting to be right.

Marshal looked over the two briefly, waiting to hear what they said before deciding whether to welcome them or not.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle and Rick

When the lift arrived she got in the back as far away from the driver as possible, the nature of ghouls was unpleasant to think about ... basically brainwashed slaves with the hope of getting higher in the secret club as a reward for good behavior. It was twisted.

Still she took Joey with her to watch in case she woke up, would there be a drug she could get easy to knock her out for a while, stop being creepy. If the anarchs can't - won't - help, then let the cop handle it.

She rode in silence considering plans for the next few nights, it was looking as if they would not get Desmund tonight.

Getting out of the car she left Joey behind, shrugging to Rick "the driver can handle her?", she suspected yes, and she didn't want to drag a body in with her, but would help if the man wanted her brought in.

Looking at Felix and Marshal, she took in the card game ... she played a bit with Jack every now and again, it made the time pass while talking. "Andy ... what?", oh the new guy ... Purity's childe was it, that rattled her a bit she had spoken to Purity the night before and while a bit of a bitch she didn't think of her like she thought of Mike and Billy, still didn't but the double standard was evident to her, Billy was personal, Mike was a target as Billy was not around to blame, Purity ... well who cared she hadn't even met the childe he might have wanted it, still scummy but not something she felt real anger at.

"No Rick, one of the Tremere. Made the same night as me", she threw them a weak smile, dammit maybe he wanted that to be secret ... ah to hell with it they were here for help the truth might be better, "sent by the high and mighty to look for Desmund - cause he went crazy - bit personally worried that with Billy first and now him that someone is targeting us", she looked at Felix "and they unless it is resolved it could be us next, unless the prince decides we are not worth the grief and have us wiped", shrugging "also like to know how to wipe the mind of a ghoul of his so we can avoid her dying", she tried to sound more casual then she was, panicking here would not help, but she wasn't sure if it she just sounded callous, or ever just weak.

"Mind if we sit in for a hand and tell you about it?" she indicated the table.

Spoiler
    Show

Make a good impression.
    Charisma+Etiquette: [rollv]3d10[rollv]

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ettin in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Make a good impression.
    Charisma+Etiquette: (3d10)[4][6][10](20)

8. - Top - End - #728
    Titan in the Playground

Erica, still outside the warehouse

So, he wasn't part of the group that massacred those families, hmm.

Am I really going to send this guy in to shoot the others, probably killing him in the process? The guy is a jerk no doubt, but does he deserve to die? He's probably killed lots of people... wait.

"Tell me about the first time you killed someone," she asked, "speak quietly."
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2013-01-28 at 06:57 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

9. - Top - End - #729
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

Riiiight. Four armed guards. Four not particularly efficient guards, judging by the fact that one of them looked asleep on his feet. It doesn't seem like they're expecting a retaliation.... I wonder if it's because they're idiots or Yuri thinks he's just THAT untouchable. Or it may still be a trap. Whatever it was, it looked like those crates may be important. Amy launches a look to her watch. Still plenty of time before her six minutes are up. Might be worth it taking a closer look.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dex+stealth, spending 1 wp for an extra success
    (6d10)[4][5][9][3][10][2](33)
    Also, I'm a bit confused by your description of the warehouse layout and where the guards are, could you clarify it for me?

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

10. - Top - End - #730

DrowGuy

Rick and Danielle

Rick offers a brief nod when introduced. He's guessing these people are wary of him.

"Danielle's right. It looks as though a blood hunt is about to be called on Desmond. Apparently he's been ghouling recklessly and attempting to create his own private army to use against the Camarilla.

" I know your types are looked upon with suspicion by the Camarilla, but this guy's a walking masquerade violation. He's attracting undue attention. Not to mention that he's a monster. We've brought one of his ghouls here. She's in a bad state. I'm hoping you guys will be willing to look after her until after Desmond has been dealt with. Danielle told me you could be trusted."
    He pauses briefly, before deciding to go full speed ahead.

" I won't waste time playing games. Any of you have contact with him, know where he might be? Cause rightly or wrongly, the whispers around 'civilized' kindred society is that Desmond is connected to you. But if you can give us a lead as to his whereabouts, I'll do everything in my power to praise your cooperation. Maybe reduce the heat you all are under. Perhaps more importantly, I'll owe you a big favor later on. "

Spoiler
    Show
    let me know if I should roll, though I have my doubts Rick will be able to convince anyone. Especially if he tells them he used to be a cop.
    Last edited by Dark Seeker; 2013-01-28 at 08:43 PM.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Banned

Andy and Faruq

"Word up. 'n' she does seem to be doin' fine by herself, far as I can see." Shrugging away all trace of uncertainty, Faruq rose, well, half-rose, and made to move towards the position of Erica and the guard, whispering: "But say, first tier ay Auspex - It's gettin', like, better ears 'n' crad, isn't it?"
    Last edited by Worlok; 2013-01-29 at 12:37 AM.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Andy and Faruq

"Bit more complex than that. You can boost any of your five senses, but only one at a time. Touch and taste get a bit hinky. You can't exactly do those at a distance, but they get a lot sharper. Feed with that going..." Andrew suppressed a shudder. "It's quite a rush." He cleared his throat. "On the downside, your ramped sense can get overwhelmed. Like Matt had an air horn, and I spent the rest of the night hearin' 'eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.' Sucked." Andrew grinned at the memory. The harpy had taught him an important lesson.
    Last edited by JonRG; 2013-01-29 at 11:45 AM.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Banned

Andy and Faruq

"Dang, man... thing itself sounds awesome, though. Jus' gotta get somethin' with some real basses goin', 'n' you could..." But then the idea of feeding with a greatly heightened sensation of taste took hold, and proved quite a pleasant one to be indulging... perchance getting even more mileage out of the drinks he'd take with that special shot inside! The possibilities... "... Anyhow. Any chance you showin' me how to do that stuff? Like, ramped-up senses 'n' so forth?" The tone of the question didn't actually express much desire. Interest was more like it, partially because he couldn't allow himself to be too greedy in plain sight of anyone. And partially because he found himself grinning along, much as if this was some sort of great, cosmic joke, and the two of them now kind of in it.
    Last edited by Worlok; 2013-01-29 at 01:55 AM.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Andy and Faruq

Andrew nodded and smiled back. "I can try, sure."

15. - Top - End - #735
    Banned

Andy and Faruq

"Cool. Let's say some time next week, my place?" The off-the-cuff-suggestion was less of an actual, or rather, less of a serious request, as he could always pride himself on his organisatory flexibility. What it actually was was a casual, and not entirely intentional, assurance of security. Of course there would be a life after this, all was under control, and the whole thing would be over so damn fast and hitchless that they could already make appointments for what they'd do next.

It was for time, specifically the next few minutes, to prove him right or wrong.
    Last edited by Worlok; 2013-02-01 at 06:14 PM. Reason: What's in a name?

16. - Top - End - #736
    Troll in the Playground

Danielle and Rick

Spoiler
    Show
    @dancrilis: Don't think a roll is necessary in this case. The Anarchs already know her, their opinions already formed by her last meeting with them.

@Dark: Let's roleplay this one out a little bit. If Rick starts playing mind games or something, then we can use dice.

They had been picked up by a ghoul named Martin Swells, a fairly plain man who appeared to be in his early thirties. Rick had seen him before, but the man did not talk. He was fairly low level from Rick could tell, and it was likely he was a ghoul for a long time given the man's clear lack of motivation or initiative. He waited in the car when the two of them came in.

The two Anarchs listened to Danielle and Rick speak first. Marshal seemed to puff up when Rick mentioned "their type" but Felix seemed amused by the whole thing. He spoke before Marshal had the chance.

"By all means sit down. We were playing a game Marshal made up a few years ago. Call it 'revolt'. He pushed the deck, letting the cards slide a bit from the top. "I prefer Go Fish, personally." His mind turned off the cards. "If you want to wipe someone's mind you need someone proficient in dominate. That's the Ventrue, Lasombra, Tremere, Malkavians, and Giovanni. There's no Lasombra here, and no one in their right mind would talk to Cassidy, assuming he even can be of help. Figure of the remaining three, your Clan would make the most sense, Rick. Then again, not sure if Grandpa Child is into charity work."

As he spoke, Marshal seemed to give up on his chance to rebel against Rick's words. He lowered his head. "We haven't seen or heard from Desmund, and yeah, we've heard about it too. The Anarchs are about giving equality to kindred, but that doesn't mean letting anyone do whatever they want. We're of the same opinion you guys are. Kid has to go."

Felix nodded in agreement. "Desmund is what Marshal and I call a Code Grey. Means the kindred is looking to turn into a pile of grey ashes. It's what happens when they lose hope, and focus. Surprised he wasn't caught yet. Guess ol' Jean is losing his touch." He smiled at Danielle. "So tell me, any new revelations from our prodigy on kindred life?"

Amy

The warehouse was one large room. In the back where Amy came in however, there were several steel framed shelves like what one would see in a hardware store that went up thirty feet high that created several shadows, and made the warehouse seem to be split into several sections. Above the shelves were a few ramparts. Amy could see near the front entrance where a few ladders led up to the top. Nothing seemed to be up there save for the one guard.

Near the front, the room opened up more, which is where she found the crates. When she came a bit closer, she could see one of the boxes was opened, and inside it was full of several bags full of a white powder. It was cocaine, a large shipment of the drugs. This warehouse/distillery was just a front, a petty illegal offense compared to what the place's true purpose was.

Erica

"First time was a couple years ago. Man owed money. I drew the short straw, so it was my job to finish him Old guy, grey hair, fat wife. Boys knocked him down, kicked him for a few minutes. I ended it with two shots in the head."

Andrew, Faruq

Erica seemed to be handling herself well. Iris was close enough to hear, but she offered nothing to say. She was all business now, taking this assignment a lot more seriously than she had earlier in the night.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle and Rick

She did a double take at Rick's word - be cool - she wanted to say. But really did people 'act cool', they had a job to do and he was doing it while she waffled around ... could be a different way to look at it, she shrugged.

She sat down to learn the rules of 'revolt' and looked up when Felix when he started talking about the clans, thinking for a second that he was talking about some rule before catching the change in conversation.

"Ventrue would want something back" or so she understood the clan, power-players and stockbrokers "and I have nothing that they would be interested in", she muttered, she left the Lasombra unsaid as they were not an option, and left the Tremere unsaid as there was one around, "no intention of meeting Cassidy, Flat Face advised against it and I have no reason to doubt him on it" she continued, "haven't met the Giovanni", turning to Rick "what do you think".

Looking at Marshal "what are the rules anyway" indicating the cards.

She took in what was said about Desmund, taking in what Marshal cared to share as she did, "any chance you could point us in his likely direction. I would like to get this wrapped up tonight if possible rather then have it hang over me" got enough of that with the Jackal.

"Don't think Jean is losing his touch, he just wants to test us" she said flatly, "he" she gestured at Rick "fails and there is something to keep his clan will have to work to maintain good reputation, he succeeds and there is more reason for the other clans to be weary of the Tremere", pausing "unless I am reading that all wrong".

"Me" gesturing to herself "if I fail well more reason to dust me as worthless when I become a bother" - when the Jackal issue was dealt with assuming she survived - "I succeed and hell all the more reason to snuff me out in case I to go code gray like Desmund - bit too competent" her voice passionless as she considered the matter.

Shrugging "Only down side for Jean is the masquerade, and he can blame that on Cassidy and Al if he needs to, or if he needs to take action can call for a hunt on caitiff and troublemakers as we have shown to be unreliable", smiling darkly "but hey what do I know. Probably over thinking the situation and seen to many bad movies read to much newspaper".

Looking flatly at Felix, "those would be my revelations that might interest you, and honestly saying them out loud I think they sound a bit less interesting and a little more paranoid and crazy", she couldn't give the man much but if he wanted her opinion she could be honest with it - daft though it may be - it was a small price to pay for polite companionship and advise.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Titan in the Playground

Erica

Erica continued asking the gangster about his exploits and crimes, buying time until Amy returned. The more she heard, the more she attempted to convince herself she was doing the world a favor by ridding it of this killer.

More importantly, if we don't need the money from the Russians, we can put them out of business.

Spoiler
    Show
    Once Amy lets Erica know she's done, she will make the Russian fall silent once again and follow her to the others, then force him to hand his weapon to Andrew or Faruq (whoever is closer). Let me know if rolls are required (and which rolls) and I'll put them in the OOC.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2013-02-05 at 09:34 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

19. - Top - End - #739

DrowGuy

Rick and Danielle

Rick sits down, but does not join in the card game.

"I figure if we find Desmond, I'll be able to convince my clan to wipe the ghoul's memory. The only reason I don't attempt it now is that I doubt it would destroy the blood bond, and if anything would probably cause the whole thing to backfire.

"In any event, any chance you guys might look after her until we deal with Desmond? I don't think she'd be safe anywhere else."

Listening to Danielle's speech, it struck the detective just how cynical the young girl was. It was probably smart for her to be, but it was still a bit depressing.

"I agree with Danielle. Surely you've learned to know the places to go to avoid scrutiny from the kindred community at large. Mind enlightening us on some of them that Desmond might be using? He's gone off the radar, and for a guy this brazen, that's concerning. Leads me to suspect he's planning something big."

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

Jackpot. Amy smirks quietly to herself, then retraces her steps back across the open backdoor. She sees the guard apparently still mesmerised by Erica. Forget the Nosferatu and changing our face, THAT is one creepy-ass power. When she's near enough, she leans towards the Ventrue's ear and whispers in her ear "I'm out, let him go.", the she makes her way where Andy and Faruq are.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

21. - Top - End - #741
    Titan in the Playground

Erica

Spoiler
    Show
    revising the original plan, due to Amy's whisper

Erica focused on the guard's mind now.

"When I snap my fingers, you will turn around and count to twenty, slowly. When you finish, you will completely forget meeting me, or that this conversation ever took place," she said.

With that, she snapped her fingers and made her way back to the others.

Spoiler
    Show
    wits + subterfuge: (7d10)[10][6][6][10][6][4][10](52) +1 for willpower
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #742
    Banned

Andy, Amy, Erica, and Faruq

As the Nosferatu came back, Faruq still couldn't help tensing up a bit. Showtime was inbound, after all. "So... Ames? What'd ya see in there?" And, watching Erica approach: "... and that thing you just did to Tackysack over there... that was Dominate, wasn't it? Like, what it does with practice, yes?"
    Last edited by Worlok; 2013-02-06 at 07:06 PM.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Titan in the Playground

Erica, Andrew, Amy, Faruq

Erica looked at Faruq and paused for a half-moment.

"Yes, that's what it does with practice. He won't even remember we had a conversation, so I could walk up to him and do it all over again," she replied, "it's actually a very scary discipline, but it's getting easier to use with practice... I'm not sure if that's a good thing."

She shrugged her shoulders slightly.

Still trust me now?

"On the upside, if anyone has a masquerade breach they need to cover up, memories that need to be modified, feel free to give me a call," she added.

Erica glanced quickly at her watch.

"Anyway, even though he wasn't involved in the massacre yesterday, he's no angel. He's killed several times, and done considerable harm to others, I'm sure. These gangsters are basically the 'bad guys' you see in movies," she said, "and his breath stinks."
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2013-02-06 at 10:42 PM.
    TC for short

24. - Top - End - #744
    Troll in the Playground

Team Warehouse
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll let you all plan what you want to do. It's Iris watching them and she isn't going to interfere. The thug in the back is blissfully unaware now, and is back to guarding, his gun still leaning against the wall just out of reach.

Danielle, Rick

"Hear that, buddy. We've been regulated to baby sitting." Felix laughed, but the words stung Marshal. "Get a poker face, Marshal, they're saying they trust us." He looked to the two fledgelings. "See? You may not know it yet, but that's what the Camarilla lacks, trust. Never trust anyone, that's what they're always saying. Well, I trust Marshal here, and for the moment I trust you two. Wonder why all the Elders are so messed up in the head? Try to imagine a hundred, even five hundred years of looking over your shoulder."

Marshal was placated once again. "We tried to find him a couple weeks ago, same time you lot were embraced. Thought to tell him the news, try to get him to join us again." His brow furrowed in mild frustration. "He's gone with the wind, killed his old contacts, left his stuff.

"Everyone's looking for the kid. Cassidy is, the goblin is, and no doubt a blood hunt's going to be called. If Desmund's smart, he'll skip town."

Felix scoffed, something out of place for the charismatic, young-looking man. "No. I've seen things like this before. I don't think he's going anywhere. He's making his stand here."

There was quiet in the room for a moment. Marshal looked particularly uncomfortable. "Right... so the object of the game is to topple the jacks, queens, and kings..." He explained the basics of the game. It wasn't a particularly interesting or good game.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Ettin in the Playground

Erica, Andrew, Amy, Faruq

Amy shakes her head. She had no illusion about what kind of people the Russian were, but still, that's what the police is for, usually. "Yeah, these ones aren't probably the ones that went and wasted the Nazi guys" she says "I had a look inside, and it seems either they've got the most guarded caster sugar stack in the word, or they actually got cocaine in there. Heroin, whatever." She then proceeds to explain the layout of the place, and the details of the guards, concluding with "They don't look THAT awake." They mustn't have gotten the memo that Yuri has just pissed off his most important ally, I suppose.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((Feel free to reference Dael's post: Amy gives all the details she's seen. Also, the girl HAS a half-plan in mind... but she's waiting for the others to weight in, first.))

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle and Rick

Likely living for hundred years only happened if you looked over your shoulder, still she kept shut about it, after all did anyone really want to live like that.
    Considering she had looked over her since Katrina vanished, and expecting creeps to be there ... good practice she supposed.

"Killed his friends" she muttered, that tracked she supposed go crazy paranoid first step kill those that could be used as emotional ties to you, she shuddered I wish I could get sick. Cults isolated there members to avoid ties and the kindred certainly seemed cultish in their behavior, it also likely meant that Desmund would target the weaknesses of other people which for her meant her mother if he got word of her tracking him and decided try to rail her up - it would work too, she would kill him for that.

She played a hand noting the rules in case it was better with practice, but focusing on her anger and holding it cold.

Her voice was ice, "his ghoul says he hung around the university" where her mother worked "until he was warned off, if he killed his old contacts then he might have other contact there he couldn't reach or new ones that are not with him".

Standing, "I think I ... " considering, don't make is personal she "we, should check it out", looking at Rick "unless you want to try a different angle".

Turning back to Marshal and Felix "So would you hold her for two nights, I would hope it doesn't take longer then that, if not we will take her now. Either way thanks for the time and the game", the ghoul could be used to see if Desmund died so she could be useful from a pragmatic sense and how that the stakes were raised in case Desmund decided to step up his game to target other people as he had targeted his own, she would be pragmatic if needed.

Either way Rick deserved to know what he might be getting into once they stepped outside ... but he was probably way ahead of her.
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2013-02-07 at 04:51 PM.

27. - Top - End - #747

DrowGuy

Rick and Danielle

Rick offers a respectful nod, but it seems clear he's more pleased than he lets on.

"Thank you, I appreciate it. And thanks for trusting us. I promise that you won't regret that."

He turns to Danielle. "The University? Sure. Might still be someone who knows his old haunts. Not like we have better leads."

If he's allowed, he goes out to the car and brings Joey inside.

"She's a nice kid, bit naive. I trust you more than just about any other of our kind not to hurt her, mentally or physically."

28. - Top - End - #748
    Titan in the Playground

Erica, Amy, Faruq, Andrew

Erica nodded as Amy spoke.

"I can try to send this guy in to attack the others, play them against each other, that'll probably even out the odds a bit, and create confusion," she replied.

The words and voice were hers, but to Erica it seemed she was listening to herself from outside her body. Was she really planning on having a bunch of people killed?

"I don't know if it'll take though, so another alternative is to have him come walking out here and we can tie him up or whatever," she said, "then Amy can disguise herself as him or one of you two can wear his clothes or something, I can be 'escorted' inside, and send them out one at a time to be tied up by two people outside. That could be risky if we're found out, and I can only do one at a time, so the two guarding the crate will be a problem. Or we could go for the straightforward approach and shoot them all, then destroy the warehouse."

Tough talk, are you really ready to be a killer? It's a test, but is the test how well you can kill, or whether you can avoid killing?

"Any other ideas?" she asked.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2013-02-07 at 10:18 PM.
    TC for short

29. - Top - End - #749
    Ettin in the Playground

Erica, Amy, Faruq, Andrew

I'm STILL not going to shoot anyone. And you're not thinking big enough. Amy shakes her head. "No. This is retaliation, right?" So let's do it RIGHT. "If you tell them to go to the police and testify against Yuri no matter what, would they do it?" Mike had wanted to shoot him, to do humanity a favour. We can hurt him so much more, Mike.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Team Warehouse: Andy

"Well... if, by some miracle, they've never been arrested before, they're goin' away for twenty years. Otherwise, that much coke nets you life," he looked upward thoughtfully, "usually with no parole." Andrew sighed. "If I ever introduce you to my sister, please, please don't ask her how the Edmond trial's going. You'll never hear the end of it." He coughed, and continued, "But yeah, given their current options are 'prison forever' or 'get shot in the face' - by us or by Yuri, they should wanna deal. Question is, how do we get them to not shoot first and ask questions later?" His gaze flicked to Erica. "Maybe send your pal in there, tell 'em Yuri's here? They might rush out and we can surprise them." Andrew turned to Iris. "Does the party van have any goodies less lethal than this?" He gestured with the rifle.