New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles IC, Chapter 1: Eyes Open

Erica, Amy, Faruq, Andrew

Amy frowns. "If Erica can only dominate one at a time, then we don't want to get them out all together, do we?" She asks, looking over to Erica for confirmation. "We get them one at a time, and she convinces them to rat on Yuri, right?"
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2013-02-08 at 04:33 PM.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

2. - Top - End - #752
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Team Warehouse: Andy

"I was more thinking we trick them into all coming out at once, then throw a flashbang or whatever. Rush 'em, restrain 'em, then have a considerably easier negotiating position." Andrew shrugged. "Gradual disappearances will put them on high alert. If we get can them all to one easily ambushed spot..." A wicked glint flashed in his eye. "Maybe Erica's new friend can contribute a few ideas, once they get reacquainted."

3. - Top - End - #753
    Titan in the Playground

Team Warehouse: Erica

Erica sighed.

"It's tough to say," she replied to Amy.

"It's like hypnotism, it's not foolproof and sometimes they snap out of it after a while, especially under pressure. Plus, the more against the way someone usually is, the more unlikely it is they'll do it," she added, "for these guys, I'm guessing walking into a police station with a bag of coke is probably something they'd have second thoughts about while they're standing out front."

"On top of that, with me modifying a whole bunch of memories, it makes it more likely one of them will remember what actually happened," Erica said.

i.e. masquerade breach

"Also, don't forget there's the two standing out front, for a total of seven," she said.

"I like the way you're thinking, but... I don't see how we can get all seven before any of them know what's going on," she said.

She chewed her lip in thought.

"Okay, I get the guy in the back, we tie him up and gag him. We circle around to the front, Faruq and I dominate them both, and Andrew uses Presence as backup. Then Andrew and Amy tie them up and gag them. Maybe if we have a flashbang or whatever it was, we use it and rush the rest. If not, Amy opens the door to the front of the warehouse, and the guy standing by the door and maybe one other come out to investigate, and we get them too. Then we'll outnumber them four to two, we should be able to take them," she said, "that's the best I've got."
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #754
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Andrew shook his head. "We don't need disciplines. Well, okay, Presence can't hurt, but the truth is all we need. Okay, that and we need everyone standing in a relatively small area. I say if we fake a crisis, everyone'll come runnin'. I dunno what though." He turned to Faruq. "Got any ideas?"

5. - Top - End - #755
    Banned

Team Warehouse: Faruq

"****in' hell. I'm startin' to think maybe Uncle Maddy shoulday gotten into it wi' Malks instead. I'd jus' be nice 'n' crazy now, 'n' my dilemma would be why there's always just 'em little stars all around when I'm tryin' tae curse 'steaday sittin' on mind-rape gone magical." Before he really noticed what he had just said, the response to Erica's explanation had already gotten out. His mind working frantically, Faruq had spoken uncharacteristically little after that. Yet as Andy's question snapped him out of his considerations, he did in fact have quite the plan a-brewin': "Well... Firstly, Ames? If it's a white powder, it is bound to be cocaine. Or speed, I guess. Any rate, given the amounts that you're describin', we be lookin' at somewhere in excess of a good five million dollar, all comfortably piled up here for the takin'." This was likely the least important fact right now, yet he reckoned it couldn't hurt to get it out, nor could letting the number sink in for a moment. "This being Yuri's lot, they'll know that. I got a good acquaintance shills the stuff all over North America, or rather, that is what I think he does with it, 'n' I can tell ya straight away that noone hoggin' that much of it would allow their guard to drop. Standard procedure is lettin' the troopers have a small share every now 'n' then, keeps 'em alert, keeps 'em up 'n' keeps 'em trigger-happy without too much of a cost, given that kind of quantity. If they're all asleep in there, somethin' is wrong about this deal. Either it ain't the real stuff, or it's been tampered with. I'm told there's a bunch of explosives look quite like coke, 'n' even then, I have no idea what happens when coke explodes. Chances are, though, neither do they. So I'd say our best bet's tha followin', 'n' stop me if I'm stupid here: We send yer buddy Tackysack in there, 'n' give 'im one o' the bombs to boot. Maybe let me do it, for speakin' o' truth, I am with... AFCo Electronics here in Havensworth." He paused, getting his thoughts lined up, before continuing: "So, I show up, you dominate-" That one went out to Erica. "- we tell 'im "Brah, best get yer boss on scene, we caught some shady-ass characters 'round our stockpiles sportin' dese toys right here and now hae reason to believe that there's a bombin' planned on yours as well. Don't worry, man, it's long defused, 'n' we'll take guard out here." - or anythin' o' that sort, really. That way, the dude infiltrates, or his boss comes out, 'n' regardless of which one it is we get whoever got command in there to gather 'round the men 'n' send 'em searchin'..." And this was where the whole malicious genius of the plan should shine: "... 'cept a'course they'll never get to it, 'cos we'll be in the van, right far away, 'n' blow 'em up from there, right when he's briefin' them. Safe, fast, efficient, 'n' unless I'm really wrong, anythin' gettin' us out of what might be a blast radius half the size ay dis entire street right here is good strategy."

But then, that was just his idea, and the plan the others had was sound as well. "That's what I got so far. Prolly nah the best ay plans, I guess. But it would save us any need to go full-contact with a bunch o' armed-ass guards entirely, which I think is good, given the kindsa fightin' skills the bunch o' us got gathered, here." Pause. Shrug. Another thought: "Then though, if we really wanna get 'em out 'n' pick 'em off... Reckon you could go in for another run there, Ames? Move in, set a distraction up-" And in saying so, he offered her a book of matches. "- 'n' then let the Russkies 'emselves handle all the rest. This is a highly illegal business, mind, there won't be any sirens, nor a lot o' chance o'... say, firefighters, first responders, anythin' arrivin' for the next half hour or so. Just yell "Fire!", or make sure one o' 'em guardsmen sees it first, 'n' they'll come boltin' out, prolly while carryin' some ay those boxes fulla smack to limit damages... that meanin' we can pick 'em off, blow the place up from far away, 'n' if we're lucky, even haul off some o' dat stock ay theirs. Not a fan of the stuff, mind you, but it might be a lot of money jus' waitin' to happen, there."

The deeper rationale behind that last sentence, of course, would remain his sweet little secret, but the fact that whatever the stuff in there actually was was probably worth millions would hopefully have them at least a little inclined to listen as he dropped into a low, conspirative whisper and carried on: "Which is what brings me to the third option, in fact. Third option is, we just wait. Sounds crazy given we been over this, but hear me out. The white stuff in that warehouse changes things: We let Al 'n' Iris handle the bunch 'n' wash our hands in innocence while gettin' at least a bit o' the might-be-coke out here. Say, load up the van, blow the place up with dead guards 'n' all afterwards while we drive away. Completely outta the scopes o' our mission statement, but firstly we got the gritty bitties delegated to the ones best capable ay beatin' 'em, secondly we leave our esteemed superiors-" Sarcastic? Why I'd -never-! "-with a net win jus' big enough to maybe smooth off our not havin' fought, because we may nay be a buncha killers yet, but had this plan whipped up, 'n' that's the kind o' things I'm told us Kindred do, 'n' finally, we jus' straight-up avoid all risks to us." Last beat, interrupting his fast-paced brainstorming as suddenly as unexpectedly. "So... What'll it be - Plan "Unwitting Suicide Bomb"? Plan "Firebug"? Plan "Strategy-is-the-essence-ay-fightin'-'n'-we-won-dis-battle-Ventrue-style-so-get-offa-our-case-'bout-it-awrea'y"? Time's runnin', 'n' I'm frankly gettin' twitchy here. No offense."
    Last edited by Worlok; 2013-02-09 at 11:25 AM.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ettin in the Playground

Apparently, beside turning me invisible, Obfuscate makes people not hear me as well. Because I don't think anybody's friggin' listening to me. Amy thinks, when Faruq goes on his tirade. So, you just have to make sure they listen, don't you? another thought counteracts, in a voice surprisingly similar to her sister's.

"I SAID I am not shooting anyone" she hisses. She's too angry to maintain the illusion: her mask drops, revealing the true face of the Nosferatu below. Maybe they'll start paying attention, if she doesn't look like plain, unremarkable old Amy. And even if not, it's a relief to get rid of the lie. "I am not setting anyone on fire and I. AM. NOT. BLOWING PEOPLE UP." She narrows her eyes looking from Faruq to Erica. I hope I'm making myself abundantly clear. "I want to get those f**ers to the friggin' POLICE, and I want them to screw up friggin' Yuri for good. If that's your plan, I'm in." And if not, don't count on me is the part that she leaves unsaid.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

7. - Top - End - #757
    Titan in the Playground

Erica had trouble enough following Faruq's plan, but started shaking her head when he began talking about picking people off from a distance.

Then Amy dropped her mask.

Godamn..., I'd forgotten.

"Okay, first," Erica said, forcing herself to look at the Nosferatu, "Keep your voice down."

"Second," she turned to Faruq, "let's try to avoid killing people as a first option."

"Third," she said, "my plan involves taking the warehouse without killing anyone, though, sorry Amy, if they're shooting at us, we'll have to shoot back. I like the crisis idea Andrew, but yeah, I'm also kinda at a loss as to what it should be. Anyway, once they're out and secure, we can try dominating them and sending them to the police, but the first thing is to take the warehouse."

Can you really do seven?

"And," she turned to Faruq, "they'll need the drugs as evidence... some of it anyway."

She smirked.

"Any holes I've overlooked? Because I think this is the best plan we've got that doesn't involve blowing things up or shooting everything in sight," she said.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

8. - Top - End - #758
    Banned

"You wouldn't have to set anyone on fire. You would simply have to set something on fire. And you wouldn't even have to do any blowings-up yourself. But please, it's awright, I'd prefer plan 3, too, myself." Yet as Erica talked again, so, too, did Faruq have to reply once more: "And yeah, there kind of is one minor hole ya missed: You can't friggin' trust the damn police. There's this guy on the local force I got on speed-dial back home. There are things going on in this city would make the friggin' Big Apple jus' straight-up stand in a line 'n' puke. But people don't care, and other than maybe our favorite Tremere, there isn't one good cop in all ay dis damn hole! Having mercy on those Russian frigs in there? Yeah, you've successfully aided 'n' abetted more murders than most ay us'll e'er know people, really. Because if we get 'em jailed, they'll just pay the way out, and then come right at us with full backin' by the boys in blue. Listen, I'd be all o'er a non-violent approach, but really, we stand a chance to make a lot ay money with just a real small amount ay loss ay human life."

9. - Top - End - #759
    Titan in the Playground

"Someone did mention we still need the Russians for funding," she replied, "so that puts another dent in the police plan."

The young woman glanced at her watch.

"Which means the only way to get rid of the Russians for good is to make sure we don't need the dirty money," she said.

Which means this whole exercise is a huge waste of time and resources.

"Either way, we still need to incapacitate them," she said, "since we're not going to send them to the police afterwards, I say we go with the reluctant suicide bomber."

She sighed.

"I get that guy out back to walk over here, we strap the bombs to him, get him to walk inside and call everyone to him, and when enough of them are close, we blow him up, then move in and clean up the leftovers," she said.

"Amy, thanks for the intel. You can join in if you want, but no worries if you want to sit it out," she added.

Erica looked to Andrew and Faruq for any objections.
    TC for short

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ettin in the Playground

Team Warehouse: Amy

Amy crosses her arms and frowns. She is not sure what exactly Faruq and Erica were before being embraced, but they sure as hell seem pretty casual about killing seven people. Make a lot of money with just a real small amount of loss of human life. Right.

She shakes her head "In that case, I'm out. Don't count on me."
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2013-02-10 at 09:12 AM.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Banned

"Don't count on me". I envy her conviction, but I don't think it'll get her far. "... All of this is such a goddamn waste." Faruq sighed, having apparently given up on some internal struggle. With the decision made, an eerie calm took over for the nagging impatience that had been plaguing him until just recently. Now, looking at each and every one of the others, one after another, he got up to just a handful of closing words: "Ames - Good that ye're not gonna join in there. That's yer ideal, 'n' ye stand by it. But, y'know, once this is over wi' 'n' none o' us has lost a body part, or the right to live, or their home or literally everything you have and that yer fine compatriot our Prince now knows about as a means o' punishin' insolence-" He didn't even sound notably melodramatic, though the look on his face suggested that he really would have wanted to: His tone of voice was halfway between that of a person giving directions and that of a veteran news anchor listing the casualties of some catastrophe. "- jus' maybe keep in mind ye're nae the only one 'round here wi' such ideals." Then: "Andy, if there is anythin' else ya reckon we should clear up before goin' in, now'd be the time." And finally: "'nd Erica? My disciplines ain't 'vanced as far as yours, nor anyway near close. Ah got mah bit ay Presence, 'n' you're packin' all our Dominate. So I will leave 'at Sack-o'-tack to you, 'n' work the text in once ya got him nice and tamed. Sound good? 'cos I'm ready when you are, really."
    Last edited by Worlok; 2013-02-10 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Brackets.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Titan in the Playground

Two's good enough.

Erica walks towards the guard, just as before, and stumbles, just as before. She attempted to lock gazes with him as he stepped closer.

"Don't move or speak," she said quietly.

"Follow me, but take no other action until I say you can," she said, once she was sure he was under his power.

Assuming the Russian falls under her sway, Erica will lead him back to the others.

Spoiler
    Show
    mesmerize: (8d10)[3][4][5][3][10][4][9][5](43)
    TC for short

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ettin in the Playground

If the goddamn'd Prince wants to talk to me about it, he knows where I live. Otherwise, he can f-k off, as well. Forget angry, Amy doesn't remember having been so furious since...well, since the man at the electronics store had asked if she wouldn't prefer to bring her boyfriend with her before buying him computer parts as a present, actually. She snorts "Ideals are a bunch of crap. What matters is what you do." And if you can kill seven people just like that, you've got no right of talking to me about ideals. She's tempted to just turn and go away, but... she doesn't want to look like an hysterical child. She takes a step back, in the shadows. She doesn't disappear, yet, but it's clear she's ready to as soon as they put their plan in action.
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2013-02-10 at 09:36 AM.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Banned

Sometimes, if only sometimes, he who had once been named al-Assad felt a lot like the main character in a bad sitcom. Taking a minute pause in a bid for composure, and then finding himself laughing, joylessly, in a low pitch, a crazed, discordant snicker never quite rising above what would in life have been his breath - It lasted for all of a few seconds, then stopped, abruptly, as he turned towards Amy, wild-eyed, with a desperate and frenzied quality to his rapidly working, if low-key, half-whispering, half-hissing voice that would have been unsettling even in much less demanding circumstances: "GOOD! Ya said yer part, and ya won't do it. UnderSTOOD. Now listen, though: I dunno what yer problem is. Think I wanna have seven lives on my conscience? Think I'll be happy to blow up what will likely amount to the entire street in ruins? You think that, HUH???" As he let loose on her, he got closer, now all up in her face, as if to stare her down. "Well, guess what? No. No I don't. But those ****ups up there want us to do this ****, 'n' in case you've nae been listenin', they're neither reasona'le, nor halfway civilised, nor remotely humane, nor in any way worth-friggin'-while. All that they are is 'stronger than the lotta us', 'n' if it's me or a buncha criminals, thank ya, I'll choose the criminals. You stick to yer convictions while you say they're just a pile ay crap, 'n' because you do, those ay us present who do give a damn about theirs gotta violate 'em all over the place! GOOD! FRIGGIN'! JOB!" And after that final outburst, that admittedly had not risen beyond the level of most normal conversations in volume, as he still had no interest in rousing the guards of the warehouse, he calmed down with a speed bordering on the completely psychotic, everything shifting at once to a grotesque veneer of relaxation: "But here's the dizzle: No one gives a damn jus' what ya do. The point's in tryin'. 'n' if I gotta break my ideals, 'n' screw what ya think ay those, then screw it, I'mma at least try 'n' turn a goddamn profit, blood money or bust. Ya got that?" He did not bother waiting for a reply. "Good. Then thank ya for yer scoutin' run, have a nice evenin', 'n' in case ya care for some entertainment, there's a firework scheduled in five you might definitely wanna check out. G'DAMN!" The nerve of some people! Having instinctively produced and lit a cigarette while venting that last tirade, he now found that it lacked its usual calming effect, gave a sound somewhere between a sigh, a howl, and an outcry, and flicked it away, still lit, in the general direction of the van before bursting out aloud once more: "No. No, wait! Honestly? Honestly, now? You're perfectly right there, Ames. We don't need this ****, we don't need this whole psycho **** that those sorry excuses for corpses think is a secret society, we don't need this whole **** with the bombs and the drugs and the Russians, we definitely don't need to have no blood on our hands for this, and if those two *******s-" That one went out to Iris and Al, stars all around be damned. "- are tough enough to do this on their lonesome, by all means they can go right the **** ahead. But I? Personally? I'm sicka bein' **** on by a buncha ego-trippin' wankrags, I'm sicka smack talked at my ass by people wha hae no idea whom they're friggin' talkin' to, 'n' I'm most certainly sicka this entire friggin' universe feels like it's run by a friggin' PSYCHOPATH! So I'm gonna do exactly what I gotta do to get our asses off the ****list here, 'n' I'm gonna get all nice 'n' stoned once that is done, 'n' when it's done I'm gonna leave, 'n' that is leave ya tae yer doin's, 'cos I'll jus' be friggin' gone! That sound good? Good, 'n' now please excuse me, there's something I really don't want to do!"

And having said his part, he turned around, waiting for Erica - and grinning most unwholesomely without noticing it.
    Last edited by Worlok; 2013-02-10 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Mood.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ettin in the Playground

I didn't ask you or anybody to put their asses on the line for me Amy doesn't recoil, not even when he gets straight in her face. "Have fun with that" she says, icily. And let me know how that works out for you. That said, she takes another step back, disappearing in the shadows.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just standing there, not going anywhere... At the moment

16. - Top - End - #766
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

So shocked was Andrew by Amy's sudden revelation and the turn of the conversation that he could not find his tongue until Erica had already walked off. "Okay, hold on just a frickin' minute here," Andy whispered "First of all, we can't detonate jack. Timing's critical. These guys can run, yanno? They can see their friend wired up with explosives. Odds of that ploy workin' are slim to none. Secondly, if we use the bombs to turn a half-dozen Russkies into salsa, then we can't "bring down" the warehouse. These are pipe bombs, for Christ's sake. I'm not even sure if they can bring down a treehouse, much less a warehouse. You'd need to place 'em right, and I doubt Tackysacks will have that in mind while he kills his friends. Finally, Erica completely missed the totally likely scenario where these guys willing - no freaky mind mojo required - surrender themselves to the police." Andrew looked at Faruq. "If we're gonna do this for spite, let's show them how their way is entirely the wrong goddamned way. Ames." Andrew raised his voice slightly. "If you're still here, there's a bag in my car. Got a dorky black vest with a lotta pockets. One of 'em has a little remote control with a button and a wire. Should be duct tape on the floor somewhere too. Grab that stuff, and hopefully, we can swing this without anyone gettin' exploded."
    Last edited by JonRG; 2013-02-10 at 02:05 PM.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ettin in the Playground

In the shadows, Amy hesitates just as she's about to turn around and go. She had been a bit diffident towards Andy, just on the account of his sire, but he hadn't made her a bad impression in the little time they had interacted. Plus, if he had a plan for getting out of this without killing anyone... Then I pretty much have to try, don't I? Otherwise my ideals are worth a bunch of crap, too, just as I said to Faruq.

Quietly but as quickly as she can, Amy goes back to rummage in Andrew's car. She spots the tape almost immediately, and the bag as well, but she takes a bit of time to find the remote he had been referring to, in all the mess. Never saw that much crap in my life... She rushes back to the others, but when she's there, she gives in to temptation of using a bit of theatrics, moving on the opposite side of where Andy had seen her disappear, and getting very close to him, before presenting him the items he requested. "Those your things?" she asks, feeling herself reappear.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Troll in the Playground

Team Warehouse

The man seems more cautious around Erica this time around, and actually begins to reach over for the gun, but as before she catches his eyes, and dominates him. His head seems to crook from side to side as the thug seems to know that something is wrong. However, he complies perfectly with her, and follows.

Iris is still within sight of them all, the only difference is that her eyes are closed, and it appears she is listening instead of watching.

Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone roll for perception + alertness. So far nothing's in your way to doing the next step of everyone's plans.

Team University
    Spoiler
    Show
    This will be your guys' last part for the night as the night is starting to end.

"I appreciate the trust Rick." Felix appraised the detective. "I'd offer you the same chance to join us that I did Danielle, but unfortunately your Clan doesn't allow that sort of thing. Still, feel free to stop by any time."

Marshal took Joey and moved her to the back, reappearing almost as quickly as he disappeared.

"Danielle," Felix continued, "Watch out for Harry."

Felix's warning came to little good, as when the Tremere vehicle arrived at one of the side parking lots of the university, Harry was already waiting for them. He was leaning against his private car, a black Cadillac with tinted windows. "So... why do we have two vampires disturbing an institute of higher learning." His eyes glimmered with dark amusement at the sight of Rick.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Hooray, my Google-fu indicates that a wireless version of this exists! Even better.

Per+Al:(6d10)[8][7][9][4][8][9](45)

"Jesus!" Andrew calmed upon seeing Amy. "Yes, that would be them. Thank you. Now..." He presented the remote with a flourish. "Have either of you heard of a dead man's switch? Read about it in a comic book once. It's wired to a bomb, and a guy holds it down. If he's killed or knocked out, switch gets released and the bomb explodes. Now, I have no frickin' clue how to actually do that, but just the Russians thinkin' we have it should get them to talk. Faruq, you're a way better liar than I am, so if you'd like to do the honors. We get our Russian friend back here, strap some bombs to him, and make with the negotiation."
    Last edited by JonRG; 2013-02-11 at 02:06 PM.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    perception + alertness: (2d10)[6][10](16)

Erica arrived back with the group, with the Russian under her control.

"Don't move or speak until I say you can," she said.

"Faruq, go 'round behind him, put the stuff in a bag, then give it to him," she continued, still without breaking eye contact with the Russian.

If Faruq does so and nobody interrupts:
    Spoiler
    Show

"Take the bag," she said to the Russian.

"You will walk back to your weapon. When you reach it, you will not remember me or anyone else here, or this conversation. You will only remember that you found this bag lying on the ground outside the distillery. You will enter the distillery, but leave the door open, and call out to the everyone currently inside the distillery and the two out front to come see what you found. You will not open the bag," she said.
    Spoiler
    Show
    forgetful mind: wits + subterfuge: (7d10)[3][8][8][2][1][10][8](40) +1 willpower

If Andy interrupts to explain his plan:

Spoiler
    Show
    Erica resisted the urge to blink.

"Go on," she said, her voice sounding somewhat strained.
    TC for short

21. - Top - End - #771
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

"Wait. Why're we wasting our explosives and killing a bunch of guys who know all about Yuri's business?"

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    Erica resisted the urge to blink.

"Go on," she said, her voice sounding somewhat strained.
    "Look, criminals cut deals with the prosecutor's office all the time, and not because someone forced them with mind powers. If we can just start a conversation: "Do you wanna die tonight? If not, listen up," then a few of them will probably value their lives over Yuri's criminal empire. Now, we do that by makin' violence a terrible choice, which is what happens when you have a badass Arab with a dead man's switch. He lets go of that button, bombs explode." He winked and shook his head behind the Russian's back. Andrew wasn't sure how much of this conversation the man would remember. "So! We accessorize our friend with some goodies." He held up the vest and duct tape. "Then we send him and Faruq to talk down the Russian mob. Talks go south, we can fight back, and keep our friend here as our star witness. Sound good?"

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle and Rick

"Thanks Felix, Marshal should be no longer then two nights", after they she would feel she was imposing.
    There was a dark suspicious part of her mind that wondered what kind of anarchs discriminated against new members based on what 'the man' said, but they were doing her a favour and likely didn't want to die in a pointless fight so she could respect the logic.

Outside she looked at Rick, "your likely well ahead of me but if he killed his contacts he could target our families if he catches wind we are after him. He also likely killed his ghouls families to prevent a conflict of loyalty", the man had a right to know what he was in for in case he wanted to tell the vampiric establishment to get stuffed ... even if she did likely come across as a child trying to sound smart to him.

She traveled in the back of the car again with her thoughts as company, she kindof wanted to speak but didn't want to loos her focus by doing so. Rich wasn't her friend after all he was an adult with a job to do and in his mind he likely felt that he got landed with her as an extra chore.

Seeing the man approach them and use the word vampires rather then the more pompous kindred, she stepped forward and offered her hand - if he protected this place from vampires - and hopefully didn't do worse himself - then he protected her mom and so deserved some respect "Danielle" she said by introduction, "Harry right".

"Different part of our group, name of Desmund was around here and you ran him off, or so the story goes", her eyes wanted to meet his but who knew what weird powers he might have, "he is a horrible creep, and we think he might need to answer some questions" she shrugged.
    "We came to find answers to where he might be" instinctively she met his eyes before silently cursing herself for it "so we can stop him before he starts disturbing the students off campus", all true with no talk of magic in case he was just someone who say they were pale and jumped to a vampire joke.

"Heard he used to stay at a bar here, and hoping that he hasn't had a chance to talk to any who might know where he is hiding", the way she said talk indicated to anyone listening that it did not actually mean talk.

"If you can help us it would be great" she finished.

Spoiler
    Show

Darkseeker if Rick wants to talk about matters in the car I am happy to play it out. Even with his history with Harry I feel that Danielle would likely be still happy enough to here that he is keeping vampires away from the university.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Titan in the Playground

Erica was silent for a few seconds.

"Up to you Faruq, you're the one who is going to go in with a half-dozen rifles pointed at your head," Erica said, still maintaining eye contact, "it also means they're going to remember you later."
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2013-02-11 at 10:03 PM.
    TC for short

24. - Top - End - #774
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

Rick and Danielle

"Much appreciated. I was forced off the force for shining light where it wasn't welcomed. I'm glad there are some kindred who are willing to do the same." He offers the Anarchs a rare smile that vanishes almost as soon as it appears. "We'll be in touch."

Rick listens to Danielle's warnings. "Don't worry about my family. We're estranged. They live a ways away from here anyway, so I doubt they're in any danger. Yours on the other hand... well, we might want to take a few added precautions. If you need any help guarding them, I'll do what I can. I doubt Desmond knows who we are, but never hurts to be careful."

Rick already knew that Harry patrolled the university, but running into the man once again was a very unpleasant experience indeed. He ignores the cop, unwilling to play his games. At least Danielle was diplomatic enough to deal with him. He watches her carefully, worried that Harry might pull one of his tricks.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle and Rick
    -Follow up conversation with Rick.
    Spoiler
    Show

As Rick mentioned that his family were estranged she looked at him, would have to be pretty estranged for them not to be a valid target but she kept the thought to herself.

When he mentioned her family she shot him a dangerous look before catching herself and softening it, "I ... appreciate the offer, but truthfully I want none of this near my family at all", the way she saw it the unwritten deal with the prince and Al was she played the sacrificial lamb - perhaps the poisoned sacrificial lamb - and her mother was left alone.
    Whether the prince or sheriff understood or agreed with that she didn't know and frankly didn't want to ask in case the answer was not to her liking.

Delisting from phone book took time, but she believed that her mother would do so after one of the talks they had ... would be better of she convinced her to move, but that would abandon Katrina's room and so that conversation would be a long time coming.

Lost in her own thoughts she didn't note time passing, finally muttering "how have you found the last two weeks", it was curiosity that drove it how did the clans settle in after the embrace was something she couldn't know. With direct guidance things might be easier, but when that guidance came from ancient blood drinking monsters what was it worth?
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2013-02-12 at 01:22 AM.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Troll in the Playground

Danielle and Rick

"Ah... so Desmund's a part of your group, eh?" Harry reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a pistol. "Can't seem to figure you, Rick m'boy. Can't decide whether your gloves are too pristine white to get even a little dirty, or you want to associate with serial killers. Now why don't you run along detective, promise not to chase you this time."

He looked at Danielle, the pupils in his eyes fading from grey to blood red. "However, the little missy is going to stay hear and answer my questions."

27. - Top - End - #777
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

Danielle and Rick

prior conversation
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I can understand that. Don't agree with it, but certainly understand your reluctance."

"These last two weeks? Having a clan family to fall back on definitely helped. I've mainly been a glorified errand boy, as you can see. I want to make a difference. Always have. And now that I've killed someone, that need is greater still." he sighs.

"It's one of the reasons I wanted Joey brought here. If I can get that kid a normal life again, I'll consider myself to have done some good."

Rick glares at Harry, the voice in his head whispering to him, telling him to kill him. Hell, maybe he should. Things were different now. He could take him.

He forces himself to be civil. "We're hunting him down, Harry. Masquerade violations, and a monster besides. And if it's all the same to you, I'm going to stay right where I am. She's clanless. I've been assigned to keep watch over her, make sure she doesn't go and get herself killed, or one of us." He attempts to put a little disdain into his tone, hoping that he can fool Harry into thinking Danielle was more a burden than a partner in this.

Spoiler
    Show
    Manipulation+Subterfuge roll to try and deceive Harry. (2d10)[7][1](8)

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ettin in the Playground

Team warehouse: Amy

Oh, crap, please tell me that he ISN'T going to remember anything... Amy quickly steps in the shadows when Erica comes back with the tacky guy in tow. Damn it. She shouldn't have gotten so angry to lose control on her mask. Damn thing is the only way to avoid messes like my Embrace was, I can't afford to screw that up. She takes one second to compose herself again, before reappearing.

"I will help, too." she says, but without theatrics, this time, trying to make it seem like she had been just out of sight. Exactly. That's exactly what I meant. "What do you need from me?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling for Mask (5d10)[7][9][3][9][2](30)

29. - Top - End - #779
    Banned

Words would most likely have failed to describe the emotions of poor Faruq: For one, the more he had listened to himself earlier, the more he had realised that he was standing here, doing exactly what the Camarilla wanted him to do, despite really not wanting to. He had a nice old weed session scheduled right after this affair, and as he had determined by that point, the stuff still worked when in the blood, and most of the smell, taste and feel of your average joint or pipe-head carried much the same punch as it had in his lifetime, likely out of some bizarre variant of muscle memory carrying over into this undead form. With Auspex-training courtesy of Andrew probably impending, he would likely have a shot at going back to the regular habit, keeping what he had begun referring to as his herd around for the actual addiction, the one for blood.

And yet he wanted to leave.

He was fed up with the elders commandeering him and his associates here for some bombing run they had no business handling, fed up with thinking that executing it was still a dire necessity if he wanted his own ass un-executed (which he wasn't actually sure he wanted, but still thought he did), fed up with fear of death, fed up with fear of immortality, fed up with dire necessities, fed up with his uncle pimping out the family business over some surreal revenge embrace, fed up with ex-people going around dominating still-people, fed up with agents of the Clan he should have been embraced into if all had gone according to said uncle's plan now working for the Ventrue bitches he despised, fed up with those very Ventrue bitches (or rather two of those, really), fed up with uppity Sewer Rats inadvertently tricking him into full-on Papa-Trapp's-men-mode, fed up with bombs, fed up with Arabs, fed up with Scots and with Frenchmen and with Germans and with Caitiff and with noone in particular.

But he was still, in spirit, if nothing else, the same Faruq al-Assad, wasn't he?

There had been a bomb that had not been one, and it had been his first, and maybe only, hope to escape Forrest's fangs. Now here was a bomb that, in fact, was one, and it offered a plethora of ways to escape Forrest's fangs for good: Either by being successful, and riding the coat-tail of victory into a you-leave-me-be-I-leave-you-be-type of non-interaction-pact with the Camarilla, or by having his finger slip at a perfectly-timed bad moment. Fatalist determination had gotten him this far, in that he had always been perfectly willing to do what it would take to be left alone and work from there, and it would get him inside that warehouse yet - but he was actually fed up with fatalist determination just as well. He did not know an awful lot of Dominate and Presence - perhaps, then, it was time to put what he knew of Fortitude to the test. And if he was that same Faruq al-Assad still, at heart, then how could he possibly do something, anything, without it being the most badass it could be?

A bright flash of boom would tear down Yuri's men. A bright flash of boom would potentially deliver him from any further mistreatment, and its cannon-sound would likewise set Clan Assamite free of their unwanted agreement with Kirsch - If he would die in Havensworth, Clan Ventrue's men would have their long nights numbered in Manila...

Then again, he did actually have quite a bit of alone-time to look forward to after this... And he had gone this far, halfway towards that point of losing hope, breaking down, futilely raging against the machine once more - so what point was there in going back, now that it all seemed to be working out in spite of itself? He was a badass Arab, after all. "Well, Ames. Firs'ly, sorry for the bitch-fit, nerves 'n' all. Secondly," he stated, and within that very moment, all terror, all anger, all psychotic gleaming had left his voice and face, and so had fatalism faded out of his determination - One way or another, he would win. That was what mattered, and with the possibilities that final turn for the worse-than-better there had revealed... "you're the invisible one 'mongst us. 'n' from what ya hear, ya Nossies get real strong, like even beyond blood-buff-strong. Ya'd have occasion to get one'a'two ay those there boxes fullay coke out here, I would be much obliged." It sounded like a joke, and it would have been one all along if she - perhaps understandably - took offense. Then he turned towards Erica and Andrew once again: "'n' while I still got a bad feelin' here... gimme the corpse-bomb, 'n' I'll learn a bunchay wankers a few things about respect. We're doing this!" Regardless of one's definition of success.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle and Rick
    prior conversation
    Spoiler
    Show

She gauged the mans words, he seemed to be fine ... which she supposed spoke ok for the Tremere in general, and he wanted to do some good.
    The bit that stumped her was the errands which included items like this apparently ... how many items like this could there be?
    "It's good you want to do some good", she thought of her largely failing idea at charity, "I can relate", she would have to put more work into that ... maybe she might speak to Amy on it, bu would the Nosferatu clan simply interfere if they knew and turn it into just another cruel joke?

She looked at the man as he pulled the gun, quickly glancing around to protect bystanders in case he went crazy and stepping to the side ready to act if he turned violent, still he seemed to know the score and Jack had explained that low caliber weapons were nearly worthless when they had discussed the chance of him dying to a mortal and she had suggested that they could just shoot him.

So him and Rick had a history and seemingly not a favorable one, given the stress was this the true Rick she was a burden and a pain and he had to watch her rather then get on with the job at hand ... or was it an act?
    She could not be sure, her eyes fixed on Harry ready to step in and take him down if he became violent - or if he was human she would have felt ready the eyes tell a different story, "no need to wait around Rick" should that be 'Sir' instead she wondered "there are likely innocent people in that area and I wouldn't want anyone to get caught in firefight over me. No one will care if I get killed anyway", hell it might help form an alliance between Rogan and Henry if Henry sold it.

Still addressing Rick "the houses nearby might have heard of abductions or someone matching Desmund's description, if you are happy to ask around off-campus I can stay and talk to Harry, and fill you in later" her eyes and voice were both deathly harsh and cold as she looked at the man's movements, if he wanted to start shooting people on campus ... well if she had to stop the Jackal she could start training on him.

She did not need a fight here, but if it couldn't be avoided she would assist Rick as best she could.

Spoiler
    Show

I don't expect Harry or Rick to be impressed in the slightest, but for getting across how serious she is taking the gun. Or of course with a low roll she will likely simply look comical .
    Charisma+Intimidate: (3d10)[6][4][3](13)