New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles IC, Chapter 1: Eyes Open

Team Warehouse: Andy

Andrew put a hand to his chin. "Probably easiest to tape the bombs to the vest then put the vest on him. Ames, can you get started on that? I need to fill in Faruq on some details." Once they were far enough away from the Russian, he whispered, "Now remember, this isn't a real detonator. See?" He curled his fingers back to show 'Nikon' etched on the side. "So you let go of this button, and the jig is up. So once you start holdin' this, do not let go. Got it?" Andrew grinned, oblivious to his friend's inner turmoil. "Don't worry. You're gonna be awesome. I know it." Unlike Faruq, he was absolutely brimming with optimism. This would go smoothly. It had to, or else, why even bother?

2. - Top - End - #782
    Troll in the Playground

Danielle and Rick

"See Rick, girl wants to stay with ol' Harry, and frankly she seems a wee bit more competent."

He stepped forward, man and monster seeming to be one and the same. "You vampires are imperialists, each and every one of you. You have your cruel ones that do the dirty work, your kind ones to build up trust until the cruel ones are ready. Trust the word of one, may as well trust the word of all."

He pointed his index out, which was both a finger, and a bone-white talon. "Girl. Stick out your hand. Show ol' Harry you're willing to pay the toll and I may be of some assistance."

3. - Top - End - #783
    Titan in the Playground

Team Warehouse: Erica

Erica focused once again on the Russian.

"Be fully truthful and honest," Erica said, "tell me your deepest desire."

Erica listened intently to the Russian's answer.

"Once again, answer truthfully: Do you wish to escape from Yuri's grasp, and live your own life?" she asked.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #784
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

Danielle and Rick

After looking at Danielle and ensuring that she was okay, Rick nods.
    "Fine. I'll be in one of the cafes."

The former cop spares one more look at Harry before walking away. He's not going to play that thing's game. But damned if he won't one day wipe that smirk off the freak's face.

Rick goes forth to first cafe he can find. He'll go in, fully aware he's out of place in this sort of environment. But maybe he can get some information out of these kids.

He orders a coffee,, speaking loudly so that everyone in the cafe can her him. " I'm looking for a guy. Name's Desmond. Used to come in here maybe. He come in here lately?"

He opens his wallet, discreetly flashing some cash.

Spoiler
    Show
    Doubt I'll find anything,but maybe he can be pointed in the right direction.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle and Rick

She relaxed partially when it seemed that no violence would occur, giving Rick the barest nod of thanks for not escalating things.

She focused on the words of the other man, "or better to trust the words of none" she muttered, yea brilliant Danielle that is a way to start a chat warn him not to trust you, she could have sighed.

She wasn't sure what he was but it was clear he wasn't human, still Gregor the Nosferatu and Jack didn't look fully human either, this could me like Amy's makeup and the truth was slipping through. Was he some weird other bloodline she hadn't heard of. The way he spoke about vampires implied he was something else though.

Still focusing on the matter at hand, he wanted to bleed her ... she had been reading about this kind of thing, some new agers, old pagan groups, the catholic church if you looked at the whole this is my body thing, then there was the blood bond, the embrace and who new how many other items. Assuming it was not a dangerous cut she would be fine in the morning, otherwise she would apparently have to feed to heal - not an experience she was looking forward to learning.
    Still a little pain to stop Desmund was hopefully all it was, and this wasn't some horrible binding ritual.

It was a risk she had to take she figured reaching out her hand "Deal, I'll answers your questions - and go through your test/ritual or what have you" within reason "for your help", her hand was remarkable steady given her nerves at the idea of willingly accepting being cut.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Ettin in the Playground

Team warehouse: Amy

For once, Amy's grateful for both Faruq's accent and his way of talking. At least she can pretend she didn't exactly got the request - or that she thought he was joking. She said her piece about killing people and she's going to stand firm on it....but she isn't exactly thrilled about getting those crates of drugs on the streets, either. Instead, she busies herself doing what Andrew asked her to, working as quickly and accurately as she can.

She hears Erica, and has to refrain herself from commenting, even if she'd want to Does it really matter what he wants to do? This isn't about HIM, it's about us not becoming murderers. Strange about how she's the only one that seems bothered about it.

AND, this is about making Yuri regret he ever heard the word 'vampire' she has to admit, reluctantly, to herself.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

7. - Top - End - #787
    Titan in the Playground

Erica

Erica was gripped with a sudden realization, the probable reason for the strict timetable.

"Who is coming to collect the drugs, and when?" she asked the Russian.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2013-02-13 at 09:37 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

8. - Top - End - #788
    Banned

Team Warehouse: Faruq

"Yeah, got it. Gotta hold on tight," the no-longer-quite-as-reluctant Ventrue (here referring to the plan at hand - where being Ventrue was concerned, that would yet take a while) replied, "gotta hold on tight to da Nikon-Nuke. Can do, man." And with that, he made ready to get dressed and set about his task, forcing self-assured and determined airs that became more genuine as he went along. "Though Erry, iffa may, best guess is that whoever's gonna come here for the stuff is gonna do so with a lorry, like. Or mo' like seventeen ay those, convoy-style. These kinda things must be done right fast, 'n' the more obvious ya make yer means, the less peeps c'rrec'ly guess yer ends wi' things like these. So if there was a take-off planned tonight, we wouldae noticed by the lotta trucks idlin' out front, 'n' e'en that'd be unlikely, 'cause this kinda stuff's typic'ly rolled by day. Seen any?" He made to pause - After all, they would in all likelihood be spared at least that particular complication. (Assuming the answer is 'no',) He continued: "Nah trucks, nah worries. Also... nae tae make this harder on our lot, but how about ya ask the guy his name? AFCo-tronics strikin' hard against the vodka crowd is that much more belie'able when it's soldiers Faruq 'n' Vladimir rather than me 'n' Tackysack. Catch ma drift?"
    Last edited by Worlok; 2013-02-14 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Plans.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Titan in the Playground

Erica

"Also, tell me your name, and what people usually call you," Erica said.

"Andrew, do you want him to do the talking, or the Arab?" she asked.
    TC for short

10. - Top - End - #790
    Banned

Rude move. Backsides be damned, the Arab - He wasn't calling her "the..." - Chinese? Japanese? Korean? - the Asian, either. "What's this 'the Arab' business, now? I got a name, too, and I don't need askin' for it."

11. - Top - End - #791
    Titan in the Playground

Erica

Huh... never figured him for the PC-type.

"Go to sleep, you will not wake up until I count to ten and snap my fingers," Erica said to the Russian, in response to Faruq's outburst.

Once she was sure he was out, she walked over to Faruq.

"Sorry, but what if these guys scatter? Because that's what I would do if I saw someone walk in with explosives strapped to their chest," Erica whispered.

"Would you like them to run to Yuri and tell him your real name, or the one you're going to make up right now?" she asked, still whispering so as not to be overheard by the sleeping Russian.

"Matter of fact, what _are_ you planning on telling those men once you're in there?" she asked, "I can give him memories to back you up."

"Never thought he would actually say _yes_ to this crazy idea. Still not too late to back out, Faruq," she thought.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2013-02-14 at 09:24 PM.
    TC for short

12. - Top - End - #792
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Team Warehouse: Andrew

Andrew frowned. Erica had no problem using his name. It was like a thousand times more common, but still. "Figure he calls them to a spot where they don't see until they're too close. Ames got a good look at the place. Should be one or two. Besides, if the warehouse explodes, Yuri would have them killed anyway. They have to listen." He shrugged, then looked at Faruq. "Up to you, what you want the Russian to say. If anythin'."

13. - Top - End - #793
    Troll in the Playground

Rick

There's only a small handful of college students inside, including the girl behind the counter. They look at Rick curiously, but go back to what they were doing. Apparently none of them seem interested.

The girl working speaks up. "Uhm... can I get you anything?" She was referring to a coffee.

Danielle

"Oh this will be fun lass. Now don't you move. Been awhile since I tasted undead flesh."

Harry's eyes now blazed fully red, his skin was white as snow, and his teeth was large and flat. He was going to be more than just cut Danielle as he stepped forward, licking his lips at the sight of her arm.

Team Warehouse

The mobster answered each of Erica's questions.

"Just want to get rich, have a good life. I don't know what you mean with Yuri. What's a yoke? He's just my bosses boss."

"They call me Little Greg."

"We move the goods in two days."

Spoiler
    Show
    For the perception roll, difficulty 8.

1 Success
    Spoiler
    Show
    Feel like you're being watched closely.

2 Successes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know that you're being watched.

3 or more
    Spoiler
    Show
    You feel that it is Al Rowe watching you, though she's nowhere to be seen.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Titan in the Playground

Erica

"Right, and what do you want him to 'know' about you," Erica asked, using her fingers to put quotations around the word 'know', "he won't remember the rest of us, but since you're actually going in there with him..."

Erica trailed off and she glanced towards the distillery.

"Andy, can you see if anyone's spotted us?" she whispered.
    TC for short

15. - Top - End - #795
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Team Warehouse: Andy

"Oh don't worry. It's just Al spying on us for no apparent reason." Andrew rolled his eyes.

16. - Top - End - #796
    Troll in the Playground

Team Warehouse

Iris speaks up for the first time since they moved to the back of the warehouse. "She's doing what she was asked to do, and exactly what she told you she was going to do. Observing."

Iris wasn't flirting with Andrew this time. In fact, it looked like he had struck a nerve.

17. - Top - End - #797
    Titan in the Playground

Erica

Erica's mouth dropped open slightly at Andrew's remark, but she regained her composure as Iris began delivering her rebuke.

Exactly, this is a test, not only of whether we actually take down the warehouse, but of how well we work with one another.

"I don't know what Yuri would do," Erica said softly, ignoring the tension between the two Toreador, "especially if they get away with the drugs... who knows what's going to happen in there. If any of them saw something they shouldn't, who they could tell... I don't intend on letting that happen."

No way I'm getting derailed by this debacle.
    TC for short

18. - Top - End - #798
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle

She snapped her arm back on instinct, "Now you listen" her voice high pitched before she got control of it "listen, I was ok with some blood letting" ok that was a lie "to show trust or whatever", she prepared to defend herself if needed "but I am not going to let you slobber on me or bite me" or kill me for that matter.

"I'll answer your questions - assuming they are fair - if you agree to answer mine. I'll even go first to show trust", she fixed him with a glare, "but cut the weird stuff", she hoped she would be able to get the knife if needed ... if she couldn't stop Billy unarmed she likely had little chance here.

19. - Top - End - #799

DrowGuy

Rick
    Rick runs his hand through his hair. Damn kids. He puts a ten on the counter, sliding it over towards the girl.

"Guy by the name of Desmond. Med student. Good looking. Know anyone like that? Know where he might be hanging out, that sort of thing?' Failing that, you know where the med students have classes?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't believe Rick ever received a physical description of Desmond, but if he did, he'd tell the girl that as well.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ((Sorry, for some strange reason, I thought I had posted. That's why I was chatting OOC instead of posting here.))

Amy finishes what she's doing and huffs. She is really losing her patience, here. Right, Al's doing what she's supposed to do, we're not. I get it. Let's get off our asses, now, shall we?

"Yuri's the one that knows the most stuff about us" she says. Her voice is almost clipped. "If someone were going to spill the beans, that'd be him after we killed his people and burned his place to the ground. If the elders are not worried about that, no reason to worry about those people."

"And we are losing time. Andy's plan is still a good one" And still the only one I'm going to follow without objections. "Get inside, get the Russians to strike a deal with the police, get Yuri behind bars." We get our retaliation, and nobody gets killed.... and I get the satisfaction of seeing the grin wiped off Yuri's face. "But we have to move."

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

21. - Top - End - #801
    Banned

"Lil' Greg 'n' Faruq, then. Awesome. Let him know that I jus' took him hostage, 'n' that he's really jus' supposed to play along. Then we'll go in all dead-men-switchin' 'n' the rest is up to me." He raised his shotgun a little. "Tho' while we're at it, anyone maybe got a smaller caliber to spare? Holdin' this one in one hand 'n' the knobbin the other jus' makes the deal look fake."

22. - Top - End - #802
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Team Warehouse: Andrew

Spoiler
    Show
    This could be my last IC post for a while. RL's getting a bit hectic.

Andy reached for his belt and handed over a pistol. "Here. Smith and Wesson M&P .40. It's mine, not Al's, so... try not to lose it, 'kay?"
    Last edited by JonRG; 2013-02-18 at 02:21 AM.

23. - Top - End - #803
    Titan in the Playground

"Fine," Erica said.

This is a bad idea...

Erica walked back over to the Russian.

"Wake up," she said.
    "Damn, I forgot," she said, counted to ten and snapped her fingers.

"Wake up," she repeated.

"You will not remember anyone here, or anything that was said since you first saw me. Faruq will will take you hostage, and you will play along," she said, "he will be wearing a suicide vest and holding a dead-man's trigger."

"Do what he says, because if he lets go of the remote control, the explosives on his vest will explode, killing everyone," she said.

Erica paused.

"Kill anyone who tries to shoot him," she added, "now walk back to the distillery with Faruq."

Spoiler
    Show
    mesmerize:(8d10)[6][7][8][3][10][1][6][1](42)
    forgetful mind: (7d10)[6][9][7][1][6][8][8](45) +1 WP
    I didn't include any bonuses from enchanting voice.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2013-02-18 at 04:36 AM.
    TC for short

24. - Top - End - #804
    Troll in the Playground

Rick

The girl frowns at Rick, looking at him suspiciously. "Uhm... the name sounds familiar. But... why do you want to see him? Are you a cop or something?" Rick can tell that she thinks he's a shady character. He can also see her follow up question would be to ask to see his badge if he answered in the positive.

No one else seemed to be paying too close of attention to the conversation he was having, and no one else had come in, giving him some time to chat.

Danielle

"Oh, it's just an arm lass. In your case, you get to grow it back." His smile went away, which made him all the more frightening. "If you don't want to play, then you can look for your little rebel somewhere else. I'm the toll keeper little girl, and if you want in to this establishment of higher learning... you need to pay the toll."

Team Warehouse

The man obliged and allow Faruq to take him, leading him in through the back. This time there was no sneaking around, and a man dominated does not remember little things like to avoid obstacles on the ground. His foot kicks a box box, and metal nuts and bolts fall out, echoing in the warehouse. The two men near the crates of drugs, and one man above could see them as soon as they heard the noise. Curses and shouting in Russian suddenly filled the air, and guns were pointed at them.

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know who all is coming in or not, getting the scene rolling.

25. - Top - End - #805
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle

Just an arm he said, "and to regrow it I will have to feed, and as Rick indicated I am clanless ... fairly low down the ladder, for all I know I can't regrow it. And even if I can it will likely have a death toll to it for me to get enough power", she gave him a hard look, "you can have a taste, a small taste something that animal blood might suit to fix. But I am not taking the chance of becoming a murderer to stop a murderer", the junkie was fresh in her mind, she might already be a murderer.

She had other options if this didn't work out, Desmund cut ties with his life and was hunted out of here by this man ... so someone might have put out a missing persons listing for Desmund himself, maybe.

"So deal, or should I look somewhere else", she finished, and if Desmund came back to feed on these people it was Harry's fault, or at least that was what she tried to convince herself of.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Titan in the Playground

As Faruq and Little Greg walked towards the back door, Erica made her way around to the side of the distillery, giving her an easy route to either the front or the back doors. As the shouting started from inside the distillery, she moved to the front of the building, weapon drawn but held behind her back. The young kindred stayed back away from the building, well out of the light, and hopefully out of sight.
    TC for short

27. - Top - End - #807
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy considers her options for a second, then takes a couple of steps back in the shadows and disappears, then follows Faruq and the Russian inside. Thankfully, they are making so much noise that she doesn't have to be worried about being quiet.

28. - Top - End - #808
    Troll in the Playground

Danielle

Harry's frown deepened. "You look like a pretty, little girl. You sound like one, a smart one at that. But you're not, lass. You're a monster. A blood-drinking, soul-sucking dead thing. Even a man doesn't have to slaughter his cow, he can choose to eat fruits and vegetables instead like a good little citizen. Oh, but you... you have to feed on the blood."

He swiped his arm around, as if displaying the university behind him. "You see, we're opposites. I feed off inspiration, creativity. The more mortals who have the spark of hope in them, the better it is for ol' Harry. I play detective so when I have plenty of scum to choose from should my hunger get a bit much for the poor soul." He licked his lips. "Your kind though snuffs the life right out of a city. Corruption. Lawlessness. Fear. Fifty years ago your kind thought they could remove ol' Harry from the picture. They thought wrong. The old Sheriff and his deputies were sent back to their master in a sack of ashes. If nothing else, you kind at least knows how to preserve its own skin, so your last Prince signed a paper with me in blood, gave me university, gave me the hospital, and gave me the Main Street Market. You can piss on most of the city, but I'm keeping what lanterns I can in the dark."

He grinned again, though the fey mien started to go away, leaving just a man. "I want a sacrifice from you, girl. A real sacrifice, not just some drops of ye precious blood. So ye name it. Tell ol' Harry exactly how much you'll give up to step into my domain, and I'll tell ye what I give you in return."

29. - Top - End - #809
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle

You're a monster she had said the words to herself at times, but they seemed to sting more coming from another, when she said it there was always an element in the back of her mind saying but at least you try not to be but really fat lot of good that did the people she would hurt.

She was a bit shocked that he was so old - still not used to the timeframe her own kind lived for, and more that he had bested Al's predecessor and his group ... but then had not the Jackal done the same to Al, only she had the good sense to run?

She looked at him, an arm that she might regrow was not a sacrifice nothing lost long term ... but the pride would hurt the realization of how inhuman she was would have been a sacrifice alright, a sacrifice of humanity and innocence, would she be able to refrain from visiting such violence in the future would she feel better then others for being able to heal, possibly not but the thought would be there.

But what did she have that she could give up without becoming closer to the monster that she would likely eventually be ... her train of thought stopped dead, she did have one thing, her pride, hopes and goals ... her charity.

It was intended as a monument to her sister, something free from the insane part of her life that she could work on and do some good with, but didn't stopping Desmund come before that.

Her stomach churned on reflex from her life - an oddity as her body rarely responded, this was like selling out her sister directly - selling her out for some theoretical gain in the insane world she found herself in, and it was likely that Harry would simply not be interested.

She looked at him, "You want something important ... something meaningful right?", her shoulders slumped, "a few years ago my sister went missing - taken by some sicko - I am pretty damn sure" and if she ever found that sicko then she would show that person what a monster she could be "once I died I wanted to have something to hold onto her by, do something good that would allow me to protect myself from facing harsh reality. So I decided on a charity in her name, dedicated in theory to general good things, community development, needle exchanges, providing contraceptives" dammit if he was that old he might regard these as tools promoting the degrading of society "anyway you get the idea".

Taking an unneeded breath and steadying herself, "point is I wanted to do this myself, for myself and for someone I care about" she maintained present tense for the word care, "I did not want it to be a bargaining chip with some emotion drinking creepy stranger that wanted to bite off my arm to show me what a creepy inhuman monster I am", her voice was harsh on both counts.

"But good deeds and feelings tomorrow are not something to risk deaths on tonight" she stated flatly "you help me find Desmund in some meaningful way and I will take your direction into consideration on the charity, you need it to promote something to benefit some area of inspiration I can do that. You want an actual seat at the table to raise ideas I can do that too", her voice became as steel "you try to turn it into some horror show where my sisters name is dragged through the mud and associated with corruption, fraud and the like ... and I will kill you as soon as I hear about it, fair warning" or I will die a horrible and embarrassing death that was likely more realistic, she folded her arms across her chest.

"It is still in the early stages, I need a lawyer, an accountant, a place to setup etc, so I am really not offering you much gain in the short term. Further I don't know if you have heard about the hunter - Jackal the Nine Bladed - but he is after me, and I him I suppose - so I will likely be dead before anything ever comes of it. But if you swear to not abuse it then I can introduce you to the people I know that I am hoping will help, and you might be able to help out the city in the same way after I kick it again", she finished.

Really she offered him nothing that he likely wanted in the short or long term, but she would not betray others - baring your sisters name! a voice in her head screamed at her - and she would not allow him to eat at her humanity by showing how far she was from it.

She waited his response, mocking laughter, a beating for her threat, both seemed the likely choices for him but they might be the best, she could likely find Desmund on her own and she had tried, she could keep her project without outside input ... perhaps it was best she could offer nothing concrete.

30. - Top - End - #810

DrowGuy

Rick

Rick sighs. This girl was too curious for her own good. Still, maybe he can fix that.

He locks eyes with her and speaks in a softer, hopefully reassuring voice.

"Look, Relax, no one needs to get in trouble here. Can you please tell me if you've heard or seen Desmond lately?""

Spoiler
    Show
    Trying Command (2d10)[8][8](16)
    Last edited by Dark Seeker; 2013-02-20 at 09:00 PM.