New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 823242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles IC, Chapter 1: Eyes Open

Amy

She shrugs "Amy's fine, I don't mind" As long as you don't call me 'girl' or 'woman' or something like that

She thinks for a moment about what he has just said. " I think I'll stick with my name as well... I dunno, it's not that big a deal, isn't it? Face aside, I'm still me. " And honestly, she still doesn't know how she feels about the face thing. She has tried not to think about it too much, anyway.

The fact that she is actually having a conversation with Flat Face dawns on her again and she shakes her head in amazement "Uhm... do you mind if I ask how old are you, then?" And Slick, but she figures that is a question she should ask directly to Slick.
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2013-05-15 at 09:02 AM.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

2. - Top - End - #962
    Troll in the Playground

Danielle

"Sure, babe. Take it easy on yourself. You look a bit pale." Jane got back to doing her own thing.

Danielle was free to go out hunting, to contemplate the monster she had become, or both.

Erica

"Heh, sorry, I'll remember that." He shrugged his shoulders. "I mean, I got a summer job at my dad's insurance company. Pretty much same work as you. Get to shred papers, make calls, take calls. Hoping to start my own business when I graduate, not sure what yet." He inched closer to Erica so their hips were touching. "I live in the dorms with some of the idiots you saw back at the last place. They'll be out all night though."

Amy

Flat Face shrugged. "Not my problem anyways. Probably for the best. Fewer Nosferatu named Amy than Long-Face, Grey-Skin, or Fugly-Hacker-Chick I bet." Flat Face chuckled at both that, and her questioning his age. "Age is a personal question to ask girl. So is generation. You can make a decent guess as to how strong a kindred is that way."

He gives a rueful grin, particularly scary on his face. "About 150 years. Lost count awhile ago."

3. - Top - End - #963
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle

Babe what was that about - was it affectionate between friends, just the current lingo that she hadn't kept up on, something more?
    Had Jane been a guy she would assume that it was a harmless - though annoying - way to see if she was interested based on how she reacted, as it was she had no clue.

She offered a weak smile as she tried to puzzle it out "Thanks Jane, hopefully see you again soon" was she expected to say it back - would Jane's feelings be hurt.

Giving a nod to the bouncer as she left "hope you have a good night".

It wasn't until she was a bit down the street that she realised what she was thinking about and broke out in a grin - a whole five minutes thinking about the same kind of problem that she would have wondered about two months ago - basic human interaction at an adult level.

Ok - she had tried the bar scene and failed miserable, playing music hadn't attracted attention or conversation, Jane had been far too tempting and despite Danielle creepily looking at her like a literal piece of meat the woman had not taken it badly - which was at least something.

Now she needed to eat, the guy in the library had effectively said as much - she had some cash she could hire a street walker, might be better for everyone - exactly the same as buying blood from a butcher in a way.
    No they would expect something other then her to chew on them - and she wasn't sure about that at all, she also might kill them. The guilt from the junkie came back - and he had started that.

She could eat if she was attacked - but then she might have to lose blood also and get new clothes or the like.

New mind was only loosely controlling her body which was more moving subconsciously in relation to thoughts of food, she could be attacked - and thereby feed - in a dark alley as such she walked down them on a scenic route to her bike more then was wise.

Spoiler
    Show

Essentially she is prowling around thinking to herself while unconsciously putting herself in a position to be attacked.

Not sure on the roll for that.
    But Perception + Streetwise seems appropriate, for not biting off more then she could chew, and also for noting opportunities:
    Perception + Streetwise: (5d10)[9][9][3][10][9](40)

4. - Top - End - #964
    Titan in the Playground

Erica

"Umm," she said, looking at Jon and tilting her head slightly to the side, as if in thought, "sure, why not."

"I need to go to the bathroom first," she said, excusing herself from the table

Once there, she closed and locked the stall door, tied back her hair again, and puked up the gin and tonics into the toilet.

This is pathetic. There has _got_ to be a better way to do this.

She rinsed her mouth out in the sink, then popped in a breath mint and gave herself a once-over. Steeling her resolve, she made her way back out to the Lounge, and the would be player to be played.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2013-05-16 at 02:45 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

5. - Top - End - #965
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

"Oh, I see. " 150. That's double Mike's age. Wow, I wouldn't have guessed... He talks just like a street punk. But of course, she supposes one of the first lessons is adapting to the times.

One thing that can't be blamed to Flat Face is not being descriptive, she thinks with a chuckle. Fugly hacker chick has even a nice ring to it.
    "It's been..." a pleasure working with you? He is not going to believe that in a million years "...er, nice. I'll bring the map with me, if that's alright, I'd like to think on it a bit more. Oh, if you're going towards the flats, can you drop me back there? Otherwise I'll walk. "

Spoiler
    Show
    Hmmm. I may actually try Amy's luck and have her try to keep her promise to Slick next... So, back to the Flats? Your choice, though.
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2013-05-16 at 03:58 AM.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

6. - Top - End - #966
    Troll in the Playground

Danielle
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just some OOC knowledge: Jane was not hitting on Danielle in the slightest. Just the kind of person that throws words like 'babe', 'honey', or 'love' like another person say 'buddy'.

Danielle's predatory instincts took over, so many people vulnerable. The man walking alone on the other side of the street. The bum asleep, leaned up against the wall. A young guy, probably a college student, drunk half a block ahead of her. All easy targets in their own way.

Erica

The walk back to the guy's apartment took only about ten minutes. They passed by other coeds without trouble, he wave hi to a couple people he knew. Jon made some small talk, point out the marquee and the different buildings. He sent out a couple texts on the way. Didn't take a genius to figure out he was texting paging his room mates not to disturb him.

When they got to the apartment, they entered a living area. A few barely clothed women adorned the walls to greet her. "Yeah, sorry about those. Here, my side of the room's better." It was. No naked girls, just a random poster with palm trees on a sunny beach, and a couple of beds and desks. He sat on his bed.

Amy

Flat Face shrugged. "Sure. I can give you a lift. Got nothing else to do since no one's been deserving their head bashed in."

The drive was actually almost pleasant. He drove aggressively, and his mask was half heart, just appearing really ugly, not a full fledge monster. They got back to the Flats in short time. "All right, figure I'll make some rounds. See if I can't find out where those damned Anarchs are hiding."

He pulled away.
    Last edited by daelrog; 2013-05-17 at 05:13 AM.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

"Thanks, Flat Face " She calls after him just a second before he goes, crossing the main door and dropping her mask out of habit - it feels as comfortable as slipping out of a pair of shoes as soon as one gets home. "Hey, it's me" she calls out "Mike, Slick, anyone around?"

8. - Top - End - #968
    Titan in the Playground

Erica

Erica slipped out of her sneakers as she entered, out of habit, then locked the door quietly.

"Cool," she said, looking around the room, seemingly to take in the sight of it, but in reality looking for any mirrors where Jon might be able to see what she was about to do.

"You look tense, how about a massage?" She asked, as she moved to kneel behind him on the bed. If there are any mirrors placed where Jon can see himself, she will suggest he lay down.

She rubbed her hands together to try and get some heat friction, so they wouldn't be like ice.

This is it...

His neck was right there in front of her face as she placed her hands on his shoulders, taunting her.

"Close your eyes... I just need to find the right... spot..." she said quietly, her face drawing near his flesh.

Spoiler
    Show
    let me know if I need to make any rolls or anything. Erica will take 2 bp, enough to be safe.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

9. - Top - End - #969
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Figured that might be it alright, it would not really be the type of slang (if that is the write word here) that Danielle would use so thought I would have her consider it as a non-vampire problem she could have with understanding some people.

Danielle

She was not going to be able to sweet talk blood out of people, so this would have to be an attack - or did it, the bum was asleep and the college student drunk, she could take a sip and leave some cash or pay for a taxi home, they wouldn't even remember.

She approached the student first, trying to figure out how much of a threat they were and how much danger they were in from the state they have gotten into - walking up behind them quietly.

And if she was confident that they were out of it she would slip an arm around there back and walk them into an alley before they even knew what was happening or that someone else was there, and looking around the area to ensure no witnesses - if she got away with this her next step was dinner time.

Spoiler
    Show

Let me know if you want a roll, I will let the roleplay carry it out otherwise.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Troll in the Playground

Amy

The landlady is eerily quiet for once. No noise, no nothing. She can hear a voice from above. "I'm heeeere!" Sounded like Slick. He was up in his studio.

Erica
    Spoiler
    Show
    In this case you've role played it out well enough, I don't think a roll is necessary. Had she tried to drink the blood in public, and before somewhat of a connection was built, that would've been a roll.

"All right. Maybe I can massage you after?" As Erica sinks her fangs in, she can feel Jon shudder. Vitae flows from his body into her mouth. She didn't know how good of a lover Jon was, but the blood felt really good. Not much kick, but wholesome and strong.

"Wow." Jon swayed at the blood loss. "Say Jenny... can I kiss you?" He appeared ready to pass out.

Danielle
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, now THIS is a roll. Stealth + Wits please.
    His alertness + perception: (3d10)[5][6][7](18), difficulty 8 cause he's hammered. Feel free to feed if you get more successes.

Danielle neared the drunk young man, he was muttering something to himself, or no... he was mumbling a song, but what it was, was anyone's guess.
    Last edited by daelrog; 2013-05-17 at 05:45 AM.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle

She was happy with how this looked and stalked him for only a while before making her move - after a few second she took a look around to make sure that no one was paying any attention and stepped up to turn him gentally but firmly down an alley.

His body felt so good, warm and full of life - something within her was deeply satisfied that she would finally get what she needed, the part that would find it off and wrong drowned out in the heat of the moment - she pushed him against the wall gently and masked her face with her hand pushing holding it at his chin to push his head back and allow her easy access.

She found her teeth were already out - but did not remember when it happened as she leaned in for her meal - melting into him as the exquisite taste reached her she was lost in the moment.

Spoiler
    Show

Not sure if given her state I should check for frenzy or not.
    I also wanted a post break to allow the final getting her blood to stand without moving to the aftermath of whether she kills him or not.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't have to roll for frenzy for drinking blood unless Danielle has 5 or lower in her blood pool.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

Right. "You want to come down, Slick? We..." Can have a chat she's going to say, but she thinks about it and changes her mind "Actually, I'm coming up to have a look at those paintings, if that's okay?" She has blown Slick off a week ago and, to his credit he hadn't asked again, but she feels bad about it.

She starts climbing the stairs, but halfway there she realises that she's actually kind of nervous. Come on, this is ridiculous. It's SLICK. Slick is one of the nicest people I know, why would I be nervous around him? But she knows what it is. It's not Slick, it's his study. Get the hell over it, girl.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Well I was thinking 3 (effective pool) although she might feel fuller from poor quality animal blood, to have enough affect that it would impact virtues and make her more likely to prey on strangers in the street.

But I will write the scene and decide, I have never really liked the idea of I drink X blood points as I think it is a little mechanical, particularly without medical knowledge and/or character experience in the heat of the moment.

She was lost in the moment for what felt like an eternity.
    She felt alive again - more so than even when she was alive - it was like a good workout combined with a refreshing shower while drinking the finest wine - or some such combination of good things, it was like sunshine.

Her hand dropped from his chin to his heart to feel it pumping to feel his chest raising and falling - she needed to stop but how did you bring yourself to do that when it felt so good.

Finally managing to reluctantly to break the connection she maintained a feeling of euphoria her mind was her own again and perfectly clear - a gentle content smile painted on her face.

Then reality hit her.

Spoiler
    Show

So I will let you decide how much she took before she could stop herself and whether she killed her first victim.
    Don't really want her to frenzy around the streets but one that was taken within the feeding could be cool enough.

I will roll self control, I am thinking:
    2 successes he is out of it but not critical.
    1 success he likely needs medical attention.
    0 and she is a likely a murderer.
    Botch ...

If that suits.
    Self-Control (2d10)[6][5](11)

15. - Top - End - #975
    Titan in the Playground

Erica

Erica wrapped her arms around Jon's chest from behind as she sank her teeth into his flesh.
    The rush was incredible.

I am a predator.

It was hot blood, pure from the fount, not stored in a fridge, or drained into a cup.

I am a creature of the night, a huntress. I am the stuff of legends and nightmares.

It was the slaking of a thirst of eternity, and she never wanted it to end.

Vampire.

She wanted to go all the way, keep drinking until there was nothing left, to give in to the pure sense of 'aliveness' that filled her entire being, to finish what she'd started, but better judgement took over.

What a tease, I'm definitely going to have to finish this one day.

That means killing someone though, what are you thinking?

Maybe one day, but not tonight.

Reluctantly, Erica licked the wound on Jon's neck, sealing it up like it had never happened.

"Hey Jenny, can I kiss you?" he asked.

"Whoa, dude," she said, pulling back and turning him around so she could look at his face, "y-you don't look so good. Are you okay? How much did you say you drank?"
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2013-05-17 at 10:14 AM.
    TC for short

16. - Top - End - #976
    Troll in the Playground

Amy

As Amy walked up each flight of stairs, her body seemed to be at unease. She had no beating heart, she could not sweat, but her body felt a wrongness. After all, that's where she had died.

Still, Slick was harmless, and his paintings had a quaint appeal. It wasn't exactly original for such an ugly duckling to take traditionally beautiful things and turn them ugly. He was a good artist, but his work lacked the subtlety of a master.

The sense of wrongness only grew as Amy approached closer and closer, until she was mere inches away from the open door.

Spoiler
    Show
    Courage roll please. Difficulty 5.

Danielle
    Spoiler
    Show
    Add 4 BP

Danielle felt the blood flow into her. It was ecstatic, like a lover's touch. The drunk man even made a pleasurable sound, before he went limp. With Danielle holding onto him, she slowly lowered him to the ground as feeding.

That's when she came to, not knowing for a moment if he was still alive, until she could see his back rise, albeit slightly. He was still breathing. He was growing paler by the second.

Erica

"Ah it's okay. Yeah, can't feel a headache. It's good though... hey Jenny... want to... y'know... hang out again?" He was fading fast, but pushing himself to stay awake. If Erica left, she knew she wouldn't be followed.

He'd probably be weak for a day or two, maybe a little heartbroken, but otherwise no worse for wear. She had sunk her teeth into him though, literally and metaphorically.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Titan in the Playground

Erica

"Ummm... Sure," she said, "what's your number?"

She wrote down the number in her planner, then laid him back on the bed and pulled a sheet over him. She was feeling a bit lightheaded herself, thanks to his intoxicated blood in her system.

"Just sleep it off," she said, "I'll call you tomorrow."

She pulled her shoes on and left, quietly closing the door behind her.

Once outside, Erica walked with a spring in her step. It had actually been a lot easier than she's expected. Now that the first one was out of the way, she hoped she could figure out a way to get a stable supply of the blood she needed. Josef's comment about meat packing plants suddenly took on a whole new meaning.

She decided to stop by the Y, as she had originally intended, just to scope the place out.
    TC for short

18. - Top - End - #978
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Courage roll, then, and we'll take it from there. (3d10)[2][8][3](13)

Hey, what do you know? Success again. Amy's on a roll, tonight.

Get the hell over it, dammit. She keeps repeating to herself at every step. What are you scared of, the bogeyman? You -know - the friggin bogeyman, you have been playing rummy with him for the last two weeks, for God's sake!

Surprisingly enough, it helps a tiny bit. Amy is sure that if she was still alive she would be feeling her heartbeat in her throat right about now. As it is, it is the strangest sensation, as if her body wants to start panicking but has forgot how. "Slick, hey" She says, trying to keep her voice level. She is surprised of how well that works "You... Uh... Wanted to show me something, Slick?"
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2013-05-20 at 01:56 AM.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle

Crap the word shot through her head nearly a half dozen times before moving to more vulgar ones.

Hospital, no Harry. Campus, Harry again at least her mind was clear she would have thought bitterly if she hadn't been to preoccupied to worry about it.

Stanch the bleeding, she licked her lips, though whether in anticipation of apprehension she would not have been able to tell ... still as her tongue flicked out to seal the wound and collect the blood trail she did let out an involuntary murmur, but snapped out of it immediately.

Ok the guy was getting cold and needed to get inside - the club would still be close and she could hopefully drop him there.

She checked if he would be ok to move and than tried to lift him to his feet to walk him to the club - with luck they would help him and she could get out of here.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Troll in the Playground

Erica
    Spoiler
    Show
    Had to read up on the YMCA. I knew of it, but had honestly never been before.

Erica had no problem leaving, or getting to the Y. The YMCA was built in a very old-looking building. It was the kind of place she'd expect a vampire to reside in, the old timey look, minus the gargoyles.

She walked n and could see a gym in the back. Only a few people were there, and two were part of staff, one cleaner, and one at the front desk. It was a young-looking man who looked like he made good use of the gym. "Good evening miss, how can we help you today?"

Amy

Somehow, Amy could feel herself shrink. The paintings. A mangy looking unicorn, a rainbow made to look like urination, a fashion show full of gawky and awkward characters that would have looked right at home around carnival mirrors.

"Yeah! I wanted to show you some of my latest work Evaz! I know things were rough last time here, but I got some new stuff I think you'll love!"

Danielle
    Spoiler
    Show
    Strength + Athletics please
    Medicine + Intelligence is she wants to assess his current state

No one else was around. Even the homeless person seemed to no longer be around. In fact, everything had become eerily quiet.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

She tries to focus on the paintings, she really does, and she supposes she would like them, were it not for that awful smell. Has it got stronger, or is it just her? "Uhm, Slick, can you open a w-window please?" What's with the friggin stuttering now?

22. - Top - End - #982
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Strength + Athletics: (5d10)[10][10][3][10][10](43)
    Medicine + Intelligence: (4d10)[2][7][5][4](18)

A number of thoughts ran through her mind as she began to attempt her 'rescue', it was quite, she had revealed herself to be a monster, she was still hungry, but this was largely drowned out by a general feeling of positivity - deep down she felt good about herself, she didn't remember the last time that happened.
    Possible not since childhood - the junkie had left her full and clear headed, but she couldn't really remember the details that well - this time she could remember the taste distinctly.

Still she needed to get her 'dinner date' - she smiled at her little joke - somewhere safe.
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2013-05-25 at 03:23 AM.

23. - Top - End - #983
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the delay. This upcoming move has thrown my world a bit into chaos, and I'm trying to keep up.

Andrew

"I AM clean."

"Don't snarl. If Julie sees those pearly whites, you're both dead."

He breathed deeply through his nose. "I am clean, Jules. Last time we talked, I listened. I... wanna change. My friend isn't a mobster. She's a modelling client from the old country. These guys keep harassing her, but she's not exactly here... legally. That's why she wouldn't go to the police." Andrew sighed. "I dunno what I can do, but... I can't just sit back and watch it happen." He rose slowly from the chair. "But yeah, let's go back to your place. It's been a while since I visited." There was a reason for that... Hiding his secret from shop clerks was one matter. This was his sister.

It wouldn't be easy, but he'd have to try.
    Last edited by JonRG; 2013-05-26 at 01:37 AM.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Come on, they had a whole song about it, play it all the time at weddings!

Erica

"Yeah, um.." she started, "I'm looking for any night classes you might have in martial arts, or maybe first aid?"

Holy crap, that guy looks like he could bench two of me... maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all...

"Well... how about any night classes in general?" she asked, "do you have any brochures I can look at?"
    TC for short

25. - Top - End - #985
    Troll in the Playground

Amy

"Ah sorry, Evaz. Windows don't work here. Flat Face nailed 'em shut for me, and I painted them three coats to make sure sunlight doesn't get in. The drapes are just for show, y'know. Say, let me show you what I really wanted."

Slick took hold of Amy's hand with his own, it was slick just like his namesake. He pulled her further from the entrance, her exit, to deeper within. He moved her to picture that was hidden behind a cloth.

"All right, you ready?"

Danielle

Danielle can see that he's not about to die on her, but little else. She is able to move him pretty easily. She held him in a good position, her arms locked into his armpits, the young man's heels dragging on the ground as she pulled him. She no longer had any breath so wasn't winded, and didn't have to stop or slow down at all.

Spoiler
    Show
    Still want to take him to where she was playing earlier?

Andrew

"Right. Follow behind me, if you don't remember how to get there."

It took about twenty minutes driving, Andrew's sister normally drove a bit aggressively, but either had changed, or was slowing down for his sake. She lived in a small house, in a pretty decent neighborhood.

It was when they both stepped out that Andrew saw his sister's pit bull. It was friendly and well taken care of, but Andrew had been told that animals could pick out the dead easily, and usually weren't very friendly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Animal Ken + Whatever attribute you use, por favor.

Erica
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, and I remember the chorus of that song quite well.

The guy nodded his head, at first seeming to size her up. "Well... yeah, guess we weren't able to set up a second place for women, so guess it's all right. You'll be one of the few." He fiddled around behind the table, pulling out a few. "Yeah, we got a self defense, and Tai Chi course. Also a yoga if you're looking for general fitness. What kind of results are you looking for?"

26. - Top - End - #986
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle

She was surprised at how easy she moved him, but than she had learned about centers and balance and holds so this could be seen as a reapplication of that knowledge - she would try to remember the exact control points.

The street and area was quite - the type of quite that would normally tip her off to something and send her on a paranoia fueled imagination spree, but she was feeling good - sure there was a hunter after her and the movies would have something like this happen where the young girl gets killed by the masked killer in a quite scene, and yes the blood had nothing she could find to do with hallucinations that she had found meaning that she might now experience the kind of horror a fed mind could conjure. And yes both things could happen at the same time.
    She smiled to herself - but at least you feel good right? - she was letting her imagination run wild again with making her nightmares seem real - worry about it when it happens.

She continued back to the club - it would have people so it would be safer and she could offload the drunk on the bouncer - get a cab or an ambulance depending on what people thought - she would even pay for it.

The nagging feeling that things were going to get worse didn't leave her however.

27. - Top - End - #987
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

She is feeling a little out of breath... and she realises how idiotic it is, but it's not something that she is able to control. "Yeah, Slick, can you just... let go of my hand, please?" She doesn't want to offend Slick, but she's starting to feel a little constricted. She forces herself to breathe slowly and evenly. It helps a bit.

28. - Top - End - #988
    Titan in the Playground

Erica

"Uh, I'm not really sure yet," Erica replied, "let me take a look at these and check my schedule, and I'll sign up for one that looks good."

She stepped out the front door and stood in front of the building's entrance.

This isn't going to work. I mean it might work once or twice, but I need something regular.

Josef's comment about meatpacking factories came back to her.

A blood bank would work, but I bet they've already thought of that... heck, maybe that's why the red cross is always low on supplies...

She stuffed the brochures into her bag and walked slowly back to the bus stop.

I need something where I can go and get what I need, without breaking the Masquerade. Okay Erica, think logically.

She arrived at the bus stop and sat on the bench. Her mind was still a bit fuzzy from the alcohol in Jon's blood, but she forced it to bend to the task at hand.

Okay, no disciplines. It might work occasionally, but if I use it every night, eventually I'm going to slip up. I don't want to leave a trail of dead bodies either; that's just wrong. Anyone I bite is going to know it, which is a Masquerade breach... well, as long as they tell someone. If they don't know, they can't tell. That means feeding on people who are asleep, completely passed out drunk or high. Risky at best.

Erica bit her lip and rested her chin on one knee as she thought. There was something she was missing.

Vampires don't exist, they're just stories, figments of imagination. That's the Masquerade in a nutshell. What am I missing?

The bus arrived, and she got on. There were a few people aboard, but still plenty of seats available. There was one old man with unkempt hair and mismatched clothes muttering something about pizza and airplanes to himself as she passed by. She hoped she didn't draw his attention.

That's it!

She made for home, and dropped the forgotten Portuguese lessons and Y brochures on the table as she pulled out a copy of the yellow pages. The tome was heavy, but she knew what she was looking for... A mental institution.
    TC for short

29. - Top - End - #989
    Troll in the Playground

Danielle

Nothing jumped out at Danielle. Nothing attacked her. No one actually even approached her, or seemed to be around. For once, things were simple. Perhaps that was the problem, that now things being "normal" was the oddity, normal a stretch given she was dragging a boy she had just drunk a bit too much blood from.

She was able to bring him to the door without a problem. The café was closed now, but there was still a light on in the back. They'd be out in a few minutes.

Amy

"Oh! Sorry, yeah, yeah." He let's go and moves over to the painting. "All right... one..."

Amy's feel a tight churning in her stomach...

"...two..."

She needs to get out of there...

"...three!" Slick pulled off the cover to reveal a picture of the six Nosferatu of the city, but in their human form. The four of them living on the flats are in the middle, standing and smiling. Donovon is off to one side, looking like a charming old granny, and Jean is to the other side, his back leaned up against the building, looking smug and confident.

Then the smell of paint hits Amy like a sledge hammer.

Spoiler
    Show
    Self control, difficulty 9 please.

Erica
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, this is going to be interesting. What do you have in mind? Are you calling them? Are you going to make a visit?

30. - Top - End - #990
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, let's roll and see... Oh, also, no Elizabeth in the painting? Odd.

(3d10)[1][5][7](13)
    Edit: yup, failure. You want to do the honours or should I?
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2013-05-31 at 01:30 AM.