New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles IC, Chapter 1: Eyes Open

Amy, Claire, Rick

"Really, that's the first thing you want to figure out?" that is a game Amy isn't particularly eager to play. As far as she is concerned, it's just another game of 'mine is bigger', whatever 'mine' happens to be in the specific case. As for her, there are other things that take priority. Such as to figure out what can kill her now, or how to survive without killing people, or how much of her old life is salvageable. And then, then she wants to start digging. Figure out who those people are and were, what they did and what are their secrets. Generation and politics little games be damned, Amy wants to know things.

She doesn't say anything out loud in reply to Chase's words, partly because she isn't really sure what to say. Caine? Caine as in Adam and Eve and all that stuff Mom kept going on about? not here, too. She got enough of that crap when she was living at her parent's house.

She notices a movement at the corner of her eye, and turns to see that Danielle has reentered the room. And apparently Flat Face is with her. She frowns. That is a company she wouldn't wish on anybody.
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2012-08-04 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Deleted spoiler because I managed to make an IC post

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Chase shrugged. "Most kindred create childer, I think each of the Primogen have had more than one over the years, some who live in the city, most who don't, or died a long time ago.

"As for Caine..." She reached up an back, starting to undo the tight bun her hair was in, to give it some comfort. "It's not verifiable at all. There's a few other theories out there as well, but the story of Caine has passed from sire to childer, in all thirteen Clans, over the millenia. Each has their own twist on it, but Caine's still a large part of it."

She looked at Rick. "Don't rush too far ahead to figure out generation. Most kindred won't be keen to talk about it much, as it's kind of considered like sizing them up, and I mean that in the animal kingdom, predator and prey way. I'm sure each of your sire's will tell you soon enough."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

Rick, Claire, Amy

Rick shrugs. "Best to see where we stand, in the state of things. I'd like to know just how much respect I can hope to expect from my so called pedigree."

Chase's words mollify him somewhat. "Makes sense. Another mystery for another day. Or night. I suppose it's best to keep that sort of thing a secret."

He looks at Danielle, but makes no move to her.

She'll be one to watch, if only to see how this society treats its underclass.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I thought I had to log off sooner and I didn't want to slow downanyone. Turns out I'm early, so I may as well describe the action

Amy, Rick, Claire

Amy nods "It does make sense." She shifts her weight uncomfortably, turning again to look at Danielle and Flat Face "Uhm... it's been nice to meet all of you, Rick, Claire, miss Chase. If you would excuse me..."

She nods politely towards them, then quicky moves nearer to where Danielle and Flat Face are. She doesn't want to leave the girl alone with that thug for longer than she has to.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle

"Thank you" she stated to the man after he agreed to let me meet the harpy she spent the trip composing herself for the meeting, this was the woman who involved her mother, the woman that made that call so difficult, the woman that had worried her ... well she needed to be polite and sensible about this and really it wasn't the woman's fault she was just performing her role and had set her mother's mind to rest.

She bit back a caustic response to the Nosferatu's introduction, she wanted to plaster a smile on her face to appear friendly but couldn't bring herself to "hello Miss Purity, Mr Face's statement is not entirely accurate. I would in fact like to thank you for taking the time to call my mother earlier to place her mind at ease", well that was the logical truth even if not the emotional truth, "however as I had not been made aware of this, my own call was somewhat difficult. As such I felt that it would be better to confirm what you discussed with her throughout the call to avoid any unpleasantness later and ensure that there are no contradictions, thereby ensuring that the masquerade is as stable as possible to ensure that neither my mother or potentially the Jackel will wonder who made the first call and decide to review", there that was logical ... heavy-handed but logical.

Considering the woman, "Apologies" she extended her hand, "I should have introduced myself, Danielle Leblanc, it is a pleasure to meet you", would that take the heavy-handedness off the blunt statement? she was never sure about these things.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

Danielle, Amy

As Amy approaches she can hear Purity speak. "Purity Westbrook." The woman takes anielle's hand, then hr voice changes to a teenage girl's eerily similar to Danielle's, "A pleasure." She smiles, and her voice returns to normal. "No need to thank me little one, I thought I was buying the Prince time to come up with a cover up to your death. It was just buying time. All I said was that you'd be staying over at a friends. A contact of mine at Billy, and your school gave me a random girl's name from your athletic team. I'm afraid I don't remember anything else, I was distracted at the time."

7. - Top - End - #157
    Banned

...Right. Ignore me then, clanless bitch, you're gonna see what good will come of it. Marveling at how easily "clanless bitch" had come over his mind's lips, Faruq found himself casually making sure that his tongue had, in fact, not regrown yet as he glared at the passing Caitiff and Goblin. Eventually, you'll snap out of it, and I will hear your thanks for what I tried to do. Until then, I can wait, no problem. Just one less reason to spare you once my revenge goes over. But for the time being, it would maybe behoove him to find out just who could potentially be on his side? Unless he had misjudged them earlier, and that was unlikely in the worst of times, he wasn't the only one who disliked these Kindred swine, and seeing how those knew exactly what he thought of them, there was no point in holding back about the fact.

But that is really just the rotting goblin corpse and his collection of retarded pleasure slaves up over yonder. As for the sane people I have met so far, though... Say what you will about P.I.s and cops, most of the time they mean well. So, that Rick fellow, he's unlikely to actually support any of this waste. Much less with murder, kidnapping and rape involved. And with those corpses for show and whatnot. Same goes for the goblin girl, given that being one of... those -things- means having had to deal with Flat Face at some point, and I can not imagine someone spending some alone-time with the Knife Retard, not voluntarily at any rate. These vampires did apparently somehow pull Erica over to their side though, why would she leave with Krautface otherwise, and thus I will sadly not be able to trust her, despite all that she did for me. But once Kirsch has been dealt with, that should likewise break his hold on her. It will be necessary to speak her in private, at any rate. And the same or something like that goes for every last one of these people, or at least the ones that can still be saved. Worrying. Beatable odds, but worrying.

He would have taken a nice, long, relaxing breath by this point, but, well, undead. On the plus side, it apparently left him headache-free even in moments like this one. Speaking of the others, though... Yes, there they are, and they seem to be getting some answers. Maybe a good time to subtly join the conversation, then. And following through on that, he made to slowly, deliberately, and without betraying much obvious and immediate interest, join with Amy, Rick, Claire and Chase. Can't talk anyway, no need to fear interrupting them.

And just as he thought this, the goblin girl made to move away, apparently to approach Danielle, who had in turn approached one of them harpy types, along with Flat Face. And that's another conversation I could just get in on, then. But well, let's try to listen in on the interesting stuff for today. Can still spread the gossip some other night. Interesting though that Little Miss Death Row can apparently afford to play arrogant around all of us, not just me. Better to keep an eye on her, then. She had, after all, just returned with Flat Face - Maybe this was like a not-too-cleverly run gang, and letting the psychos have fun with you was a way for their girls to move upwards, socially? Then again, they had hardly been out of sight long enough for anything of the sort, and he, Faruq, certainly didn't intend to think about Jean's gargoyle there getting it on with the pardoned one right now.

Here and now, focus, just listen, learn, and try stayin' out of trouble.

Spoiler
    Show
    Can't exactly interact much. Can really only stand next to people, gesture and think his comments, where he can't keep himself from thinking anyway. Now standing relatively close to Rick and Claire, listening in on the conversation. Will see how the rest comes along from there.

This will sadly be my last update til about Monday though, or at least that is the most likely case. Just thought I'd let you know.
    Last edited by Worlok; 2012-08-04 at 05:01 AM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle, Amy

Danielle suppressed a shiver at her voice being mimicked, "Still had you not called then it may have caused issues for her regardless of me fate, and taking it that nothing else was worth remembering means I will likely be able to improvise for gaps, thank you for the confirmation", she nodded her head in thanks, she didn't trust the woman any more then anyone else but she could work with this.

She turned to the man beside her again and saw Amy, she offered her a smile in greeting, "Hi" ... she thought for a second " ... Amy", she took a step back to allow Amy to introduce herself to Purity if she wanted or to allow her to speak to the man she thought of as Flak Face if that was her intention.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

"So about what any myth has going for it then. Too much to ask that there's a friendly ancient or three around who can read Gilgamesh in original Sumerian an will happily tell you about Caine, the Flood, and can give you the lat and long on the Garden huh?" Claire said to Chase's final reply, "Well its a lot more plausible then it would have been yesterday for me at least."

All in all it had been a fair answer though. She'd never been much of a history buff but this could do with some looking into. Clearly wouldn't be easy though. And Chase seemed to be answering pretty freely, so might as well keep digging for info until Rogan collected her.

"So to switch topics but since you do seem at least reasonably well informed, this Hunter they spoke about in the trial. What's common knowledge there on him and those like him?"
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2012-08-05 at 08:31 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy, Danielle

"Hi, Danielle. Hello miss... Westbrook? It's nice to meet you" The latter is said in a tone that is a bit more guarded. After all, this is one of the three idiots that had saw fit to laugh when she was being introduced: Amy doesn't know where she stands with them, and to be perfectly honest, she doesn't care that much either.

She turns to Danielle again, scrutinising her for a moment with some concern. Are you alright? Is what she has come over to ask, but she realises just in time what a stupid question that really is. If someone asked her that after the sort of night they've all had, she'd probably tell them to bugger off - and Danielle is doubly justified in this regard. So she settles for returning the girl's smile in encouragement and trying to figure out for herself how Danielle is holding up. Not bad it seems, Flat Face and all the rest considered.
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2012-08-04 at 02:21 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle, Amy

Introductions being taken care if and as Amy did not seem to want anything in particular "Thank you for your time Miss Westbrook, I won't take up any more of it, if you will excuse me", given enough time for a reply she then stepped away from the woman to allow her space.

"Amy it appears that I am to stay at flats held by your clan, and will have the basics explained to me by Flak here", nodding to indicate the man "I would like to catch up later if possible".

She turned to the man "There are only three other items I would like to take care of, the return of the knife I relinquished at the start of the night, to confirm that I will have no issues with the primogen that seemed to take the most interest in me who has the responsibility of killing me if I step out of line, and to speak with the other newbies", this last was merely a courtesy as to not appear anti-social, "if you would get the knife I will meet you back here shortly", she started to move to the primogen that had been staring at her earlier and steeled herself for the conversation, he had looked at her and she had glared at him, I held my own earlier so way do I feel so nervous now.
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2012-08-05 at 08:43 AM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy, Danielle

Well, that’s...unexpected. Flat Face doesn’t seem exactly like the mentor type. Amy wonders why he had been chosen. She frowns a bit, confused at the term of address. How did Danielle call him? She shots Flat Face a questioning look, but doesn’t ask. She can ask later, in private, either him or Danielle.

“I’ll be really happy to.” she says, sincerely, at Danielle’s request to talk later. Even if, to be honest, she’s not even sure she is going to sleep in those flats, or go back to her room. It’s not exactly sunproof, if sun is going to be an issue like in movies. The shutter is broken and the curtains don’t close properly, and she never had the money to get them fixed. She would have to ask Mike if she’s supposed to stay with the other Nosferatu, otherwise...maybe she can sleep under the bed. It’s the darkest place she can think of.

She puts a hand briefly on Danielle’s shoulder, in a small gesture of sympathy and understanding. “Uhm... Danielle, they told me to be careful around Cassidy. So, be careful, okay?” she can’t avoid saying, a genuine note of worry in her voice. She doesn’t explain the entire ‘off his rocker’ business because, honestly, it’s too crazy to put in words, and neither she tries to dissuade Danielle to do what she feels she has to do – she’s not so sure of what the right course of action is to start giving advices to others. But she can at least give the teen an heads-up.
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2012-08-05 at 10:30 AM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Amy, Danielle

Spoiler
    Show
    All weapons, including the knife Danielle had, were confiscated during the checkpoints going into the Prince's Estate.

Flat Face shook his head. "No, stick to the other fledglings, girl. The primogens don't want to talk to you, and you don't want to talk to them. This ain't a movie when everyone shakes hands and walks away happy. A positive, mature attitude isn't going to make you class president." He noticed Danielle's mispronuniciation of his name, but he didn't care truth be told.

As he spoke, Purity excused herself.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle, Amy

Cassidy! yes that was the name, another reason to thank Amy, she put her hand on hers and gave it a gentle squeeze in thanks.

She looked hard at the man when he spoke, he was patronising but she was not sure yet if it was the good kind of patronising where as a patron he imported his wisdom or the annoying kind, she decided to treat it as the good kind ... after all if she didn't listen to him on things like this then she couldn't trust him on the other stuff.

She gave a shard nod, "Thanks", she looked at Cassidy, "I will leave him then".

She moved to join the others from this night and stopped other fledglings, is that other from Amy or other from myself, she had assumed that the way the prince stated that the others were fledglings after being accepted that it was a term used until they were released from their sire, where instead her clanless nature made her outside this system and somewhat separate from it, well this is one of the questions that can wait.

Looking to Amy "Well might as well meet the others than", she moved towards that group.
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2012-08-06 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Names at the top.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy, Danielle (and all the others, by the end of the post)

Ooookay. Ignoring me, then. Amy thinks when the Harpy excuses herself without acknowledging her greetings. Oh, well, it's nor like I'm devastated by the rejection. If she had approached the woman at all, it had just been to talk to Danielle. Still, I really wonder what the hell is their problem with us.

She nods to Danielle, moving to follow her towards the others. She takes a moment to listen in on what they're discussing. The hunter, apparently, which as far as Amy is concerned, is a very interesting subject. And Danielle has had first-hand experience with him. She chooses to nod in greeting and stay silent, listening to Chase's reply and waiting in case Danielle has something to say.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

Everyone but Erica

The fledgelings all were around Chase now, but Erica who had left. Chase noticed, looking slightly uncomfortable that she had suddenly become to focal point to all of the new kindred who were still present. She still answered the question. "There's not much I can help you with that either I'm afraid. Problem with Jackal the Nine-Bladed is that even the kindred don't know much about him. Who he is, what he looks like, even if he's human. He has a few powers apparently that suggests he's something else. That's why even the kidnred are afraid of him, because they don't know what he's capable of, of what will work and won't work on him. No one knows what, if any of the disciplines will have any affect, and few kindred are willing to find out first hand.

"You'd think that people who've lived hundreds of years old would figure out all the dark truths of the world, but even most elders only scratch the surface, or so they say. Other supernaturals aren't keen to give up their secrets and those who do figure out enough generally don't live longer than that.

"As far as anyone knows Jackal's the only one of his kind. Certainly not the only hunter, but the only one who has special powers. Then again, rumors talk of others across the world now and then, but that's all it is for now, rumors."

17. - Top - End - #167

DrowGuy

Ricky

"Thanks for your help Chase," Rick interjects. "I take this to mean we should stay away from this Jackal fellow, not do anything that would attract his attention, and wait for those older and more experienced then ourselves to deal with him." This was fine with Rick. He had enough to worry about without attracting the attention of some other supernatural creature. What was next, fairies?

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

All (baring Erica)

Holy crap, they had been just turned into blood drinking monsters and the only thing they could think to talk about was one person in a city of half a million that didn't like them ... rather then on more important things like not killing people accidental, and whether animal blood would work, ah well to each their own.

"Well I don't know about older and more experienced", Danielle said with a smile inserting herself into the conversation, her voice was light "weaker and more expendable, seems to be the way that the older kindred are looking at it", taking on a serious note "seriously though I would say to stay away from him and don't look into it" gesturing around her "all this, impressive, creepy, somewhat monstrous, none of it is 'turn my blood to ice and run' stuff, not the death" indicating the bodies "not the violence" indicating the Arab "not those at the head table" nodding back to them "though they might be about to if they chose", she paused considering that "the hunter?, he was scary. Cold, rational, driven, ruthless, skilled and very very dangerous". Shrugging "Personally I would say you should all go with the warmasters' plan" she could not remember his name "keep a low profile, don't attract attention, and once me and the jackal deal with one another - and I am willing to bet that there is a betting pool on how long it takes me to die right now if anyone is interested - then he will move on and the masquerade will be secure and you will have been shown how dangerous it is to go around flaunting it", her voice taking a lower tone so as not to be overheard by eavesdroppers "and if you do ignore me on that, I suggest that you remember that the elders were worried that I would attract his unwanted attention to them, so they probably don't want you getting involved" her tone lightening again "but hey what do I know".

Smiling at the woman she didn't know who seemed somewhat nervous, "Sorry low on manners right now, it has been a long night" and it had her brain was fried, "Danielle" she extended her hand to the woman.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

All (baring Erica)

Yes, sure, why not? Do as the kid at the table said, hide our heads under the sand. That's a good strategy, I see why he has been made warmaster. Amy doesn't say anything, but she snorts. And also somewhat loudly - she can't help it: the whole thing is just too ridiculous. Plus, they can maybe afford the luxury of not feeling involved, but Danielle can't, and she already seems resigned to die. What you have just said, you know that's pure idiocy, right? she wants to say, but she doesn't. She is going to give the girl a piece of her mind later, in private.
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2012-08-06 at 05:34 PM. Reason: title

20. - Top - End - #170
    Banned

All (except Erica - Anyone else think these read a little like pointing at her? )

Faruq found himself listening to Danielle despite having decided to just ignore her mere moments before she spoke. Must have been something to do with her pointing at him and saying 'violence', he reckoned, yet he thought: 'Cold, rational, driven, ruthless, skilled and very very dangerous'? Dangerous enough for them to hole up here and hope it will just pass them by, at any rate. That's good to know. Pondering the implications of a superior creature coming to tear these roaches down, and the girl they had just recently wanted to put to death being sent forth in order for her and the beast to "deal with one another", he found himself almost anticipating... something. Right, focus, don't even think. They're in your head, after all. I need something distracting, something to throw them off. Just imagining them in underwear won't exactly do much, they know what they look like with the suits off, I would guess.

And that was when he heard Amy snort. Of course: Goblins! Think about those! When they just leech thoughts out of my brain, then obviously, they'll have to leech whatever it is I give, and I can defend myself! Just needs to be a whole lot of immensely unpleasant things. So, let's see. Prince Fish-Smell is outta the question, here, he'd just get mad again, and it's his brute for me. But the brute himself? Disgusting enough. Know, let him screw ol' Donny. That should give them a piece of my mind, and get them out of it quick enough to boot.

So it came to be that even as he kept looking at Danielle with as condescendingly disinterested a mien as possible - all for appearance' sake, lastly - a far less enrapturing notion graced his imagination: A small piece of mind's eye theater, showing Flat Face and Donovan having at it like rabbits in early spring, with the young Arab himself drawing no small amount of self-disgust and amazement at just how deviously detailed he could make these things:

Clawed hands caressing warty hide, peeling off strips of it...

Pleasured grunts and squeals through misshapen tusks and gaping maws...

Dead skin flaking off in rapid motion and coming to lie over their surroundings like nauseating snow...

Flat-Face' manhood getting stuck in Donnie's... special cavity and exploding into a fountain of long-past-fermented bodily fluids, leaving only a pathetic stump behind and the man himself screaming in pain and disbelief!

And on that note, someone, -someone- with a knife making sure that it stayed that wa- stop.

But even if this likely did its share to throw off any potential probers, and imagining Flat-Face in shame and agony certainly brightened his mood, he found that it distracted him too much, and he certainly didn't want to leave a bad impression with these half-way sane people just because he broke out into gurgling, tongueless, hearty laughter at another's dreamt-up misfortune while they were still talking about important stuff. So Faruq heavy-heartedly reined himself in for now, and only a snort that would hopefully pass for an affected cough escaped. The Ferret was happy to have devised another strategy, and made to pay closer attention to what the others said, his comparably neutral impression from just a moment ago now giving way to just the meekest hint of a derisive smirk as he continued his one-sided stare-off with the Caitiff.

There is an up-side to not being able to talk, then, after all. Had I been stoned right now, I totally would have had to tell them all about this. But all in its time, Faruq, all in its time. Other questions now: Why she's so hot for doing the bidding of these retards, for one. Whether she even noticed me trying to stand up for her back there. What else there is to know about this 'Jackal' kid. And most importantly, where exactly these other new guys stand on all of this. Spy-style, now, from the Ferret. Watch, listen, learn, make allies. Can't afford to lose any other important parts, no matter whether they will regrow. Silently, he watched, and listened, and tried to force himself back on track whenever his vengeful, disjointed thoughts threatened to distract him all too much. Maybe there would be something to do for him. Maybe not. At any rate, he would not show these people weakness, and given what had transpired so far, there was more than sufficient chance to set all these wrongs right, starting just tomorrow... or the day thereafter... or next week... but soon enough, for sure.
    Last edited by Worlok; 2012-08-06 at 09:33 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

"Right so others hunters are Batman, but this guy is like Batman with Superman thrown in but nobody knows what his Kryptonite is," Claire said, in response to Chase's answer.

Not knowing was really a problem. Claire had no intention of looking for this Jackal, but she doubted she'd be able to hide in her apartment for all eternity too. Outside the odds were still low, but possible. Just because someone was unlikely to randomly war dial your modem and decide to go to town, didn't mean it didn't happen. That why she never left her own rig's phone jack in when she didn't have to, she'd spent too long on her baby to see someone too much like her decide it would be the next prize. Same principle applied, caution and long-life went together.

Something Danielle did not seem to understand judging by her statements. The girl was acting more like the scots-arab by the moment. She at least seemed to not be on drugs too. Then again it could just be the accent, either way both of them were trouble.

"Danielle you seem to have a very screwy view of things. I'm not planning to do anything but keep a low profile. You seem to have trouble recognizing basic caution though. Sounds to me like you want to fight this guy, who if I followed everything killed the dude that killed you. Heck everything you've said tonight practically sounds like you wanna get in a fight. And I'd take this room a lot more seriously if I was you. Whether ones a wolf and the other's a bear, its dumb to poke either with a stick. Make up your mind whether you are alive or dead."

"Me I might not have a pulse, but my mind is working so I'll say 'I think, therefore I am' and act accordingly. You don't seem sure. I feel bad for you because you got an even worse deal then the rest of us but whatever choice the rest of us got wasn't much of one. And all has to boil down to: join or die. Now since evidently some part of you wants to keep kicking if not breathing, perhaps you could tone it down some?"

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

The Gang (yes, I had seen that too

As tensions mounted and Claire called Danielle out, Chase, slipped away tapping Rick as she did so, to indicate maybe it was time to leave. As Rick could see, Harry was readying to leave, and Quenton was with him.

Byron also excused himself, speaking softly, though not quite a whisper to Faruq. "The car will be waiting for you at front. It will take you to your British associate."

The other two ghouls did ot move though, and watched whatever unfolded with interest.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Banned

(Glad I'm not alone there, then. )

Faruq spared Byron a side-glance, and a gesture intended to signal Alright, I'll be there in five, despite his thought processes going: Already? Well, that's that, then. But I'll stay for one more moment just to see whether the cuties fight. And so he did, waiting for Danielle's response and kinda wondering whether Byron would carry similar inclinations. Ultimately, after all this, it certainly couldn't hurt to have some potential bros, regardless of whether they were in bed with the enemy. And Byron apparently liked someone. That was always a decent hook.

24. - Top - End - #174

DrowGuy

Rick

Seeing Chase leave, Rick quickly excuses himself and follows her, not eager to get caught up in a confrontation. For now, having a low profile was important. The last thing he wanted was to make a negative impression on his very first night as an undead predator.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

To whom may overhear.
    She smiled at Claire but it was a sad smile, "Good advice normally", she sighed, "I would honestly like to have nothing to do with the wolf or the bear both are dangerous, but I don't have a choice. When the wolf pack decides to use you as bait for the bear you get the impression that your survival may not be paramount to them", she looked the woman in the eye "were I you I would be more focused on other matters over the hunter, 'how do you feed without killing and leaving bodies everywhere or breaking the rules about the masquerade', 'can you eat animals', 'how will you pay rent and hold down a job to keep up appearances', 'what will you tell your family and friends and family about your new lifestyle choice', 'where are the clan areas so I can avoid breach of the second rule', because not having those covered might very well land you in serious trouble without needing to consider the hunter at all", pausing "or maybe you have that all figured out and I am doing you and the others a disservice and I am the slowest on the uptake. Wouldn't be the first time", her smile was bitter as she considered previous times not least how long it took her to find out she was dead.

"Basic caution for you is to confirm what you need to from a source you can trust, I suggest your sires as you seem to have a grace period underneath their supervision" looking to each of them "basic caution for me is to warn you away from a dangerous topic - which may be unnecessary I admit - so that I am not accused on deliberately encouraging you to put yourself in danger, and then to formulate a plan to avoid dying at the hands of the wolf or the bear" a plan she had no clue of as to yet, in case they hadn't gotten it she added "no official grace period for me".

At this point she wanted to excuse herself she had spoken only to warn them not to stick their heads out, and been widely ignored, but leaving now without giving the older woman a chance to respond would like both weak, childish and rude.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Banned

To himself, really, unless you count "wordless gesturing and throat noises while standing next to Claire and Danielle" as communication.

Dang. So no catfight to save my night tonight? Shame. But speaking of cats - Why did he not regrow his tongue again? This would have been a grade-A-opportunity for some posing and bragging, really. Also, hey, good advice all around, now it would be my turn, if I could. Actually... Why not? It's the thought that counts.

Trying to somehow bridge the time between Danielle's response - and project some confidence to mask the sheer level of "being way beyond his league in terms of fixing things" that he had going on - and Claire's next reply, he tried to garner either of their attentions by some more gesturing and grunting.

Yeah, alright, we got the gist of your good-advicing, but ultimately, it's my turn now, and I say: Why don't y'all jus' calm down? You got the Lion-blooded here with ya, and lions eat jackals alive for breakfast. Everything's under control, jus' trust me here, and we all already beat death once, there's nothin' to worry about, other than having your tongues ripped out. was what he thought, and would have said. As of right now, however, he restricted himself to a double-thumbs-up and some reassuring smirks. Also, hey, wolves 'n' bears are afraid of fire, 'n' so are we. I mean you. I mean they. Because really, I'm not afraid at all, and I jus' tol' ya you shouldn't worry. That was more the 'winking and chest-thumping' school of communication. So really, I'll get ma tongue back and starting tomorrow, there'll be some planning we'll have to do, is all there is to it. And that was a smile and a bow.

Maybe they would get the gist of it, at least?
    Last edited by Worlok; 2012-08-06 at 11:53 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

"Well let it never be said I did not try," Claire let out an audible sigh. "Obviously those questions are nessecary and need to have answers, but they are universal ones which so the answers are there. The matter with Jackal though is evidently unique and specific, so that was the priority."

Despite her attitude Danielle did raise some at least good questions on their own. One even struck a little too close to home, but it was the way she was doing that was the real issue. Cripes were teenagers ever so annoying.

"But really that's not really the relevant part here. What is relevant is you Danielle. Maybe its just the events of the night but it seems like all you do is push back with aggression. I bring up a matter that was discussed publicly with everyone here and you try to shoo everyone away, please this isn't your private concern it just relates to you more. I smell pride."

"There's times for that, but when the stakes are high enough swallowing it costs far less. Right now, do what you like, who gives a crap about some small talk? But you've acted on the practically same note all night. I feel some sympathy for you so I offer advice, I doubt many in this room will be so obliging. I did try though, you can take it or leave it."

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

Not Erica

Amy watches the mime show put up by Faruq with a raised eyebrow. She really can't understand if he is stoned like when he was in the shop, stressed out, which would be understandable, given what he went through, or simply an idiot. Can vampires get stoned?

She looks between Claire and Danielle. Now, that is an unfair judgment, and it shouldn't been her concern, but it raises her hackles. A lot. And so she find herself speaking: "Of course, because we've all had such an easy night, Danielle most of all- it's not like she died a few hours ago and then barely escaped being killed again less than half an hour ago. I think she deserves to be cut some slack, don't you?" And as far as Amy is concerned, Danielle is holding up more than well. She sighs "It's been a long night. We are tired. At least I know I am." And she wants to ask the important questions to Mike and then go...anywhere,really, to have a proper breakdown. As a treat, let's say. She takes a little step back, turning her head to look at Mike and Slick. "Danielle, if you have to stay with the Nosferatu, let me introduce you to the others" she offers, as a way to defuse the situation.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle, Amy, Claire, Faruq

Looked at the flapping man for a second, was he mentally handicapped had his clan actually embraced a mentally handicapped person, she shook her head at the very idea, probably not but geez.

Turning back to Claire and Amy, "Amy please I appreciate you standing up for me, but it is not needed. I don't know what she went through tonight, and for all I know it was worse then my own experiences", turning to Claire fully, "I respect your view but I feel you are mistaken, the Jackal was only confirmed in the city tonight, had it been tomorrow or yesterday you may not have been told of him, and there are possible many other things that are out there which we are still unaware of. I would not therefore view him as a priority for you, but it is your call", nodding in an addition of error, "you are correct thought I jumped into a conversation half way through and acted like I knew what it was about, and resulted in the conversation dying", at the mention of the others in the room she smiles slightly not in any particular manner but she is satisfied enough with how the night had went and that she remained true to herself during it, "actually on the others in the room, I am happy that I spoke to or was spoken to by reasonable amount of them from different clans and opinions. I am happy enough that I was allowed that opportunity. I do hope I did not embarrass myself to poorly in front of them, but time will tell", noticing that there were only the four of them left, she nodded to the woman and the man in parting, "Apologies for interrupting your conversation".

"Thank you Amy, I look forward to meeting them", she followed the other woman away, partly a lie meeting blood drinking corpses didn't sit well with her but she was starting to think of them as people.
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2012-08-07 at 07:38 AM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy, Danielle

Amy nods to the others in a gesture of aknowledgment and salutation, then leads Danielle back to where Mike and Slick are. She smiles to the two Nosferatu. "Danielle, these are Mike and Slick. Mike is...well, my sire." And she suddenly realises she doesn't even know Mike's surname. The man had killed her, you'd have thought she would at least know if Mike stands for Michael or something else: another of the things she really has to ask. "Mike, Slick, well, you know Danielle's name. Flat Face is supposed to show her the... basics, and since she has to stay with the Nosferatu, I thought I'd introduce you." Well, she hopes Slick and Mike are enough to defuse the unpleasantness that Flat Face is guaranteed to be.
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2012-08-07 at 08:32 AM.