New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles IC, Chapter 1: Eyes Open

Nobody but Claire

Claire met Danielle's last response with an indulgent smile. She had tried at least. In the end there was was no helping people with their own foolishness. Hopefully Danielle was just young and would soon learn to walk a little softer.

"Hopefully your September ends soon enough," She said somewhat quietly as the teen left, though really just thinking out loud. Otherwise Claire might have chosen a turn of phrase someone else might have understood. She was thinking of every September on Usenet. A glut of new freshman getting access to it the net for the first time in their college labs, and every last one took the opportunity to act like an idiot before they learned the rules and the place became livable again.

Seeing only the still biggest idiot left Claire moved about the room once more.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Banned

Right. Didn't work, then. Why must they look at me like I'm retarded when they've clearly seen me get disabled, though? Trying his darndest after this mess of a night to not overreact and get mad at them for failing to interpret made-up sign language, and still feeding off his vented frustrations, supposed victories and new strategies, he managed to not perform the gesture of frustration and defeat he had almost been about to make, rather heaving a sigh - so much, at least, he could do in this state - and made to go find that car he'd been hearing so much about while following Claire with his eyes. However...

Wait. Sign language. Signing. Languages. Letters. Signs. I just need something to write on, and then I can communicate the basics, here. He tried to locate a servant, perking and brightening up immediately. Maybe, if he was just in time, he could find one, and the kind of gestures a mute guy asking for pencil and paper would obviously make should be readily understandable. And then he'd at least be able to notify this chick, seeing how the other two had apparently left. Down, down to Goblin Town, they go, they left. something inside him sang, melodramatically. Where the hell was that melody from? Some old movie, most likely. Still, he now had a plan. Hand her a note, make his point, and retire from this here night victorious. More victorious, anyway.
    Last edited by Worlok; 2012-08-07 at 11:10 PM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle, Amy

Danielle braced herself mentally for meeting the two, appearances don't matter she kept thinking to herself, as Amy introduced her to them she froze sire, this was someone who had taken someone against their will murdered them and brought them back as a monster ... she couldn't help but be somewhat angry thinking about it, it made her think of Billy and anger was better then sorrow.

Still was had to make do now so she swallowed the kinds of accusatory things she would have said to Billy about all this, I will have to ask her about not hating him, "I should only be staying for tonight, I don't want to intrude", or have to rely on you she thought, extending her hand first to Slick then Mike "nice to meet you".

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

Danielle, Amy

"Pleasure." Mike shook her hand, it was dry and cold.

"Ditto." Slick's hand was... well, his name wasn't for his smooth style.

Flat Face came to the group again. "All right, time to head out. Jean doesn't want us to be the last ones to leave, make it look like we're conspiring right after all the rookies join us." He shared a smile with Mike and Slick that suggested that is exactly what they were going to do anyways though. "Come on, let's hit it. Truck's waiting. Danielle, and Slick take the back.

Rick

The Tremere gather together and left. At first nothing was said. It was the kind of silence that Rick knew meant something. There were two limousines out frotn for them. Chase, Trent, and Quenton went to one, directed by Hank. The Primogen then spoke to Rick. "You will be riding with me number four. There is one more part of your initiation tonight."

Faruq
    It was easy for Faruq to find a servant. The servant wasn't quick, though not slow either. Somewhere in between, certainly not as rushed as when Faruq had asked for blood. He had a blue ball-point pen, and a sticky note pad.

Claire
    The room was thinning out. The Prince had disappeared, and the Tremere had left. Hayden Cross was talking to Rogan now, and Sean and two of his harpies appeared to be getting ready to leave. The red head and Iris were standing and speak, both with predatory looks in their eyes.

Cassidy was still sitting at the table, fiddling with a piece of paper.

Erica
    Spoiler
    Show
    While the others wrap up, feel free to write Erica going back to the firm if you want. If not, you have 9 exp points to spend on the night. It's a bit more than what I'll usually give, but since the preludes went so well, I'm being generous.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

Rick

Biting his tongue to avoid replying that he had been elevated to number three before his embrace, Rick nods and follows the elder vampire he still can't think of as anything but a child. He's not accustomed to taking orders from kids, but he's also no fool. Seeing what happened to Faruq made it very clear that new kindred were expected to know their place.

He wonders what part of initiation is left. Quenton apparently had been under the impression that Henry would not want to have anything to do with him until tomorrow. Unless his sire had lied(which, Rick admits, is still a strong possibility) Henry had apparently taken an interest in him sooner than expected. Whether this was a good thing or not remained to be seen.
    He enters the limo, remaining silent until spoken to.

Play this kid's game. He reminds himself. Even Quenton seems to fear and respect him. Maybe I can get him to answer a few questions for me later on.
    Last edited by Dark Seeker; 2012-08-08 at 10:27 PM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Erica
    At this late hour, the car ride into the central business district of Havensworth was quick and uneventful. Stepping out of the vehicle, Erica reflexively took in a deep lungful of the chilly pacific northwest night air. As soon as she'd retrieved her bag and closed the car door, the driver sped off without a word, leaving the streets utterly deserted except for a street cleaner a block away. The stars were invisible under the street lamps, but she turned towards what she thought was east. The sun would be rising in an hour or so, she guessed. Only a few hours ago, she'd stood at the base of these same steps preparing for the interview of her life. Now, she wasn't even sure she could still be considered alive... her thoughts turned to the new swimsuit she'd already purchased and the hours she'd put in at the gym all spring... Memorial Day barbeques were definitely out. A pang of regret lanced through her, but she stuffed it deep down inside, where it couldn't do any harm. The street cleaner had moved on, and now the city was completely silent in the pre-dawn darkness, the stillness encroaching in on her. Self-preservation kicked in, and Erica hurried up the handicapped ramp, bag rolling behind her, and tapped on the locked double doors somewhat more insistently than she might have.

A security guard glanced through the glass and opened the door, a blast of dehumidified climate controlled air exhaling into the night.

"Good morning Ms. Lee," he said, smiling a bit too cheerfully, "we've been expecting you. I'll show you to your room."

The guard led her up through a similar route as she had taken earlier in the evening, but Erica would be hard pressed to remember the way on her own in the light, let alone by the lone flashlight the guard carried. She thought she recognized the door to Kirsh's study, but it was difficult to tell in the darkness. Finally, the guard stopped by an unremarkable door and unlocked it using one of the keys attached to his belt. He stepped inside and flicked on the lights, revealing a furnished room dominated by a queen size bed on one side and a modest wooden desk on the other.

"Here we are," he said, "this is one of our guest rooms. There's a bathroom in the back if you need to wash up. Mr. Kirsch will see you first thing tomorrow evening. If there's anything else you need, just dial zero."

Erica nodded.

"Thanks, uhh.. Randy," she said, glancing at his name tag and half-wondering if she should give him a tip.
    "Anytime ma'am," he replied, smiling again as he closed the door and locked it behind him. Erica flipped the deadbolt and hefted her bag onto the bed. She unpacked quickly, hanging her clothes in the closet and moving the bag beneath the desk before stripping down and taking a long, hot shower. Afterwards, she wiped the steam from the mirror and studied her visage.

"This is how I will look, forever," she thought.

She braced herself for the shock of uncomfortably cold air on stepping out of the bathroom, but it never really came. Eternal youth and no more freezing gooseflesh... perks of being undead, she supposed.

"Sunrise will be coming soon," she thought as she crawled beneath the covers, "I wonder if I'll dream, or drift to sleep, or just fall unconscious or-"
    Spoiler
    Show

xp spent, character sheet updated.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2012-08-08 at 10:51 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Appraising her remaining options Claire didn't care for any of them. Rogan was still talking but the room was emptying out. After the argument with Danielle her less then ample patience was all but expended. Claire headed for Rogan and the other Primogen.

Claire felt like the many many events of the evening were begining to catch up with her. It was a strange sensation, like she could run a marathon and feel nothing more then a casual stroll. Not exhaustion, not out of breath, no runner's high, a complete dissociation from physical effort. Mentally though, mentally Claire was drained, and knew it was all going to catch up to her very soon.

Approaching Claire made no move to interrupt whatever Rogan was doing, but made a point to cross his line of sight. Hopefully he'd be done soon.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Claire

Rogan noticed Claire and hailed her over. "Claire, I'd like you to meet Hayden Cross."

Hayden smiled. "Hello Claire, from what Rogan says I'm sure you'll fair better than his other childer."

Rogan smiled back, though his seemed to be less pleasant. "You amuse yourself easily. I'm glad the loss of your own childer hasn't dulled you."

"I lost him years ago, Rogan. His final death was just closure." She leaned close. "And you should know of anyone that I stay sharp."

They both chuckled at their inside joke, or was it a joke. "Come Claire, Victor's waiting for us. We'll stay at his place tonight."

Rick

As soon as Henry and Rick sat down, the car started moving. Henry gave Rick a look that unsettled him. It was not anger, or malice behind Henry's eyes. It was curiousity, but the kind of passing curiousity that a person might have watching a fly on the wall. Henry looked upon Rick as if the detective's significance was equal to that of a blade of grass.

"So, Quenton's humor has given me a low-grade investigator, a crusader against evil. Drink this, it is Clan tradition." He handed Rick a very small vial of blood. The container was glass, but it was finely made. There was blood inside it. "Drink it, and then we'll speak."

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

"A pleasure to meet you Mr Cross," Claire said erring on the side of polite address, Rogan apparently had no last name but still seem wise to assume most other's did, "I shall certainly make the attempt, but will leave time itself to be the true judge."

Claire ignored the quip about previous childer. Very pointedly actually. She was very interested in the matter but it was something she would bring up with Rogan in private. The confirmation of her earlier guess was still too much of an unknown. Something told her that the implied loss didn't bother Rogan like it might a normal person, but still better to know what path she was walking down just in case there was some social landmine buried there. She didn't want to bandy any more words tonight anyways.

Thankfully Rogan voided any need to with what Claire really wanted to hear. They were leaving. Still Victor's place? She had her own place thank you very much. She could only hope it was somewhat better kept then Victor himself. Still like so much else she clearly would have little choice in the matter. Her own ride wasn't here, something she would make a point to avoid in the future.

"Gladly," she said instead.
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2012-08-09 at 12:08 AM.

10. - Top - End - #190

DrowGuy

Rick

Squirming, Rick struggled to hold Henry's gaze. It was that freaky juxtaposition, the child's body with the ancient mind.

He opens his mouth to argue with Henry, but quickly closes it. Disagreement was not a way to a long unlife, it seemed. Besides, the boy's words were mostly accurate. He was a low rate investigator, surviving by tailing unfaithful spouses and rebellious teens. As for a crusader against evil, he was guilty as charged there, delusional as his quest may be. Apparently Henry did not view this as a positive.

He drinks the blood, the action both unnerving him for how he did not even need to consider it, and filling him with an amazing pleasure. He closes his eyes, getting lost in the rapture of it all. It takes him a moment to remember where he is, and Rick regains control, not wanting to appear weak in Henry's presence.

"Mr. Sanderson, is it? I'll tell you what I told Quenton. Me being number four on your little list only serves to give me more of a drive to prove to you all that you made the right decision. I believe my actions going forward will speak for themselves."

Tough talk. Thought Rick. Now all I have to do is back it up. Easier said than done.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

Rick

Henry's mood brightens slightly at seeing Rick take the blood without question, and with Rick's claim to prove himself. To Rick's guess, Henry's mood move from a two out of ten to a solid three.

"Yes, you will."

The car hit a bump in the road, and Henry muttered something under his breath. He focused back on Rick. "You may already have an inclination, but we are not like other kindred. Other kindred claim to be descended from Caine, a foolish notion if yo uask me, though it's the only story that's survived since the earliest days of history. Our Clan is self made, we took kindred vitae for our own shy of a millenia ago. Whereas other Clans are wracked with a curse, such as a hideous visage, or madness, we hold none.

"Other kindred are self serving. Did you watch how the Sheriff and the disgusting, fat degenerate danced around each other? They are of the same Clan, but you would not think it the way they undermined each other. Did you see how the Ventrue chose to embrace one of their enemies?

"Whereas the other childer will be running around the city like headlless chickens, you will be given purpose. You will become an instrument to further our ends. Don't feel threatened, every tool has their purpose. Just as I would use a wrench to dig a hole, I wouldn't ask you to murder someone in cold blood. Trent can do that for me."

Henry gave a tired sigh. "Tomorrow night, you will be given a assignment. You will drop your mortal affairs, and close down your office, it's not necessary any more. I will pay your salary from now on. You will see little of me though, I have my own research. However, I wished to speak to you personally on one matter, one that I do not trust Quenton with."

He folded his fingers together and leaned towards Rick. "You will not trust any kindred outside our Clan. You may work with them, learn from them, even dabble in their games if you wish, but you will not trust them. Is that clear?"

Claire

Claire and Rogan made their way to the front, where Victor was waiting. The car ride wasn't long, less than twenty minutes, into the bad part of town. Victor's home was a run down apartment complex. On the way to the room they passed a trio of drug addicts, and more than a couple shady looking characters. No one bothered them though.

The apartment itself smelled a bit foul. Claire ntoiced immediately that the windows were completely borded up.

"We will discuss this matter of my bank account tomorrow, and go on your first hunt." Rogan fell almost immediately to sleep after that.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy, Danielle

Amy takes a look around, noticing that most people have left. For a moment, there is a flash of a memory, very clear in her head: her kindergarten teacher lecturing her on how impolite it was to stand in a corner whispering with her little friends and ignoring the other children. Flat Face and mrs Appleton. Really, the similarities are uncanny. What's wrong with my brain tonight? She bites the inside of her cheeks to avoid chuckling - and notices distractely that she doesn't have teeth back there anymore. Strange. She doesn't remember them falling off, but then again, she remembers very little beside the pain.

Outwardly,Amy just nods in acknowledgement, turns towards Danielle with an encouraging smile and waits for the other Nosferatu to take the lead towards the exit.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle, Amy

"Sure", Danielle followed along, giving her time to think, questions, apartment, explanation to mom, hunter ... at the thought of hunter she spoke up "I would still like to retrieve the knife I had at the start of the night please", she had plans for that knife that might help her if everything worked out and she had no intention of losing it through meekness.

Still it was only one part, she would need blood to survive and attacking innocent people did not sit well with her ... but squaring that circle might be doable while still helping people if she played it right.

14. - Top - End - #194

DrowGuy

Rick

So, apparently Henry intended to put him to work. That suited Rick fine, especially when it became clear he wouldn't be sent to do any of the more nasty jobs. Not that he approved of murders being committed, mind you, but he had learned an important lesson from Faruq. The investigator intended to keep his mouth shut, do his job and earn the trust of his superiors. Maybe then he would be given enough authority to change things from within.

"I understand. I look forward to working for you, if you feel it's suited to my particular talents." He keeps his reply simple, judging Henry to be the type who disapproves of needless questions or rambling answers. Best to be his tool for now, prove his worth.

However, he does take note of the fact that Henry had not trusted Quenton to deliver a message to him. Apparently there were some unfaithful even in the Tremere. Interesting, especially after Sanderson had given a long speech about how they were the only ones Rick could trust.

Speaking of which, standard cult procedure. Devalue the non members of the cult as the Other who cannot be trusted. Not sure what if any trust can be put in Henry's advice, but he makes a good point. The others are probably hearing speech's similar to this right now. Probably not a good idea to go to them with anything that's classified clan business.

He remains silent for a few seconds, considering the risks, before speaking again.

"Can I ask of you a question about my embrace, Mr. Sanderson? I spoke with Quenton, but he seemed to not know anything about my experience." He phrases it this way, hopeful that it will serve as a tantalizing hook for Henry, from which Rick can drag an answer out of.
    Last edited by Dark Seeker; 2012-08-09 at 02:01 AM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Banned

Faruq

Nodding his thanks - or nodding in a way that one might have construed to mean his thanks, at any rate - Faruq accepted the writing tools, turned around... and found Claire leaving with whoever that one was again. Right. Obviously. Well, I guess there isn't much for me to do here, then. Postponing Operation First Contact for later, he wrote "Cool with me keeping the writing tools?" on one of the notes, and handed it to the servant that had brought them.

Should it be, he would pocket his new acquisition and leave for the car. There were things to do, thoughts to have, and plans to make, and he would do that on the drive - seeing how mansions like this one rarely stood right in the middle of cities, and the only Flockton-related holdings in Havensworth proper were the AFCo Electronics stores in the western and central parts, the office block near the harbor, and the appartment building he himself occupied, and these guys did not seem like the types to drive him all the way over to Seattle every morning, it would, by his estimate, be about an hour until they got there, after all.
    Last edited by Worlok; 2012-08-09 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Seattle.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

Amy, Danielle

The group left in short order. Danielle and Slick, who was still using his ability to cover his visage were in the back of the pick up. Mike had his face back on, and even Flat Face covered a little. It looked like he had a normal nose on an otherwise very ugly face.

They arrived at the apartment to the shrill cries of the 'land lady'. "I smell a Clanless, why is there a Clanless."

Flat Face yelled back. "Shut up hag! Jean's order!"

"You will bring death upon us ingrates!"

Flat Face ignored them. "The place is big enough and we're the only tenants. Pick your place, make sure there aren't any open windows close." Mike stayed behind but Slick and Flat Face started moving up the stairs to their own places.

Faruq
    Byron was waiting for Faruq in the back. "We'll be there shortly." He didn't seem against speaking to Faruq, but didn't say anything more on his own.

Spoiler
    Show
    Can we say half an hour? I don't know if the city's quite that big. It's a little before 4am, so traffic won't be much.

Rick

"Speak."

17. - Top - End - #197
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    Sure thing. Faruq is given to exaggerations, after all. My actual IC post might take me a while still, but it should be up by this time tomorrow, at the latest.

18. - Top - End - #198

DrowGuy

Rick

"In the time between when I was embraced and came back, I was suddenly cast outside of my body. I could clearly see it, but I was in some sort of... spiritual realm, surrounded by these shadow monsters. They approached me, pleading with me in a language I never heard, yet somehow understood. Then I came back to reality.

Quenton told me some of our kind have dreams when we turn. But this... I don't think it was a dream. I know it actually happened. Have you heard of anything similar to my case?"

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

Rick

"Most likely a horrible nightmare. I hear that Irishman can do that people." Harry leaned back, but then thought again. "It is possible that it was no mere dream, but I have never heard of something like that. You can use our library to investigate the matter yourself if you wish. You may also want to speak to the Giovanni. However, any deal you make with them will not involve the rest of us."
    Last edited by daelrog; 2012-08-10 at 01:06 AM.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I am not sure of Danielle got the knife back or not.

Danielle, Amy

Danielle had been silent on the trip over, thinking about the evening and how it had gone, she had freaked out her mother a bit, been kidnapped, killed, turned into a blood drinking monster, was nearly killed again, stood trial, survived, likely freaked out her mother a bit more, mingled with other blood drinking monsters to an extend, and was now staying in some flats owned by one of the groups.
    By the time she processing all this the van had stopped.
    "Nice meeting you too" she muttered to the voice again why was the supposedly weakest member of the society such a threat.

She raised her voice to the retreating figure, "Mr Face, I would like to learn these basics now if possible, and ask any questions that I have", she moved to follow him, "Talk to you later Amy", she likely needed time to talk to her sire, and she couldn't think of what Mike had done to Amy without being reminded of what Billy had done to her in greater depth then she wanted.

21. - Top - End - #201

DrowGuy

Rick

"I think I'll take you up on using the library for some research. On my own time, of course." Replies Rick. He raises an eyebrow, but does not ask about the Giovanni, whoever they were. Henry did not seem the type to enjoy answering questions, so the detective decided not to push his luck.

Unless Henry speaks to him again, he remains silent, not wanting to antagonize his new "boss."

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy and Danielle

So apparently the old gossip wasn’t really a old gossip - or better said she was, but a very different kind of old than what Amy thought at first. Smell? We can smell this sort of things now? She hadn’t noticed, but then again, it’s not like she had been very focused on it.

She nods at Danielle, and turns to Mike. Seeing him like he appeared when she didn’t know what he was is...a bit unnerving, if she has to be honest with herself. She scrutinises him, trying to find tell-tale signs that his appearance is a disguise, and can’t find any. “Mike, uhm, can we talk for a bit, please? Properly?” By that meaning not sitting on a wooden floor surrounded by mirrors or whispering at a so-called ‘party’.
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2012-08-10 at 01:13 AM.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, missed that bit. Yes, Danielle received her knife back on the way out by the same checkpoint that took it.

Danielle, Amy

The unseen woman shrieked from whatever hiding hole she was in. "It speaks! It dares to speak!"

"My name isn't Mr. Anything, and I don't feel like it right now." Almost on cue he scratched his ass. "I'm tired, and feel like sleeping. Just don't sleep anywhere where the sun might reach you, that's all you need to know right now."

Mike was a little more responsive. "Yeah, sure." He led Amy up to his own pad, where she had wanted to go earlier in the night. It was a fairly simple place, a few posters, mostly of celebrities from the 20s to the 50s, lining the walls. He had a fairly new computer, a screensaver of twsiting rainbow colors. He sat on his bed. "What would you like to talk about?" He still had his pretty face on.

Rick

Henry did not mind the silence. RIck could tell that the boy-elder was deep in thought, occassionally muttering something to himself in a language he had never heard before.

Henry was quick to leave when the vehicle stopped, and Queton was waiting for Rick. "So, you have a choice Rick. Share a few drinks with Trent and I, or call it an early night. Your place is pretty spartan, but we'll get your old stuff moved in in a week or so."

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

She’s not an 'it', you ugly… Amy stops right there, without finishing the insult in her mind. She has to come up with some new repertoire. 'Ugly' anything isn’t something that seems appropriate as a derogatory term anymore. And right now, she doesn’t think it’s wise to pick a fight. Plus, old ladies, vampires or not, usually are like that…and ignoring them is often the best strategy.

Once in Mike’s room, Amy looks around, and can’t help a half-smile when she sees the computer. The place is comforting in its normality. She search for a place to sit down, sitting down on the bed next to Mike if she can’t find a chair. "Plenty of things, Mike, but I want to ask you something, first" She's thought about it on the car ride, and it's something very important that she needs to know. Sure, she could dance around the issue, trying to figure it out on her own, but she's tired, she’s tense, and she feels like being blunt. She was never very good at doing ‘subtle’ anyway, at least as far as these things are concerned. "When I met you in that diner, tonight, well, I could argue with you and send you to hell without worrying about horrible things happening to me". The image of Faruq and Flat Face is still very clear in her mind. "But you're my sire now, and it's obvious that us being equal is not the case anymore. So, I'd like you to tell me where I stand with you, please. Can I speak openly and tell you what I think, or do I have to worry about being made an example of, like that boy at the party?"

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

Danielle

She glared after him then turned on her heel and took a step towards the main door, she had agreed to this for instruction not to have her time wasted but some knife wielding maiming psycho.

But she stopped at after the first step, I need to learn this stuff and he might teach me some of it, he can afford to me a jerk about it, and I can't, she went looking for a room, finding one with a mattress on the ground and some blankets that looked clean enough, centre of the building so no windows were available, and the light flickered occasionally.

She needed to burn of tension physical exercise would do it, but first thing is first she took the knife out and examined it carefully for any telling signs of origin, engravings, the quality of the edge finally holding it cautiously extended from her body to drop it if needed "Adustum" she whispered.

Spoiler
    Show

I suspect this will achieve nothing, but just in case I will stop there.
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2012-08-10 at 01:43 AM.

26. - Top - End - #206

DrowGuy

Rick

The choice is easy for Rick. "I'll have a few drinks." He still had a lot to learn about this society. Why not start now?

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Amy

Mike sighed. "You can say whatever you want to me Evaz, it's all right. Things sometimes get complicated when you get a lot of us together. Part of its pride, but the biggest thing is communication." He shook his head. "I don't know if it's the culture, or just part of the embrace, but things are never what they seem. The idiot was a good guinea pig for Jean to make his point. There were more threats thrown around that night than in the past two years combined, and Jean needed to tell them all he wasn't going to suffer it. The kid just spoke up at the perfect time. Don't get me wrong, he was going to catch hell for it one way or the other, but Jean wanted it on his own terms. Better for his tongue to get cut out by Flat Face than to be hunted down like a dog by Rogan.

"Just be careful what you say around others, and you can tell me what's on your mind afterwards."

Rick

Quenton was happy with the response, slapping Rick on the shoulder. They walked into the church, taking a detour to the right, and walking underneath the stairs. They went down four flights of stairs, four basements before stopped, and Rick saw at least another six flights going even further down.

Trent was already at the table, smoking a Cuban, shuffling the cards.

"Don't trust your hand, Rick, Trent's a terrible cheater."

"**** you. I'm a great cheater." Trent, the pissy, angry kindred from the party had apparently lightened his mood with some alcohol. "Come on newbie, tell me what you think of the merry band of rogues and theives in your beloved Havensworth."

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

Amy nods, and smiles. A honest-to-god, proper smile. From what little bit she has seen of Mike, she had suspected that...but better be on the safe side. It's not like she hasn't already be fooled enough by appearances, tonight.

"Thank you." She says, sincerely. And speaking on telling him whatever she wants, she may as well address the main thing that's creeping her out right now. "In that case, uhm... is there a reason why you're feeling the need to keep lying to me even now?" she motions to Mike's face, to clarify what she means.

29. - Top - End - #209

DrowGuy

Rick

Huh. Apparently we can still drink thing other then blood. Interesting
    Rick takes a seat at the table, and responds to Trent. "Seems like Kindred society is as fractured as the mortal one. Everyone at that party was attempting to one up everyone else. Our clan seem fairly united, if nothing else." Hard to say if that's a benefit though.

"Anyone in particular I should stay away from? Besides Cassidy, I've already been warned about him."

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

Nothing from the knife, so that meant it was likely the man himself, oh well.

Still she would take it to an shop and see it if had any thing that someone more familiar might be able to tell her.

Satisfied with this she being to exercise hoping to burn off energy, but to no avail, her muscles didn't strain, there was no burn, she could physically hurt herself by going beyond her limits but it was the a healthy pain, and it did not burn energy.

She felt like crying but no tears would come, it finally truly sunk in she might look human think human but she was not human she was a dead thing and her body was clear on that.

She considered kicking the wall taking out her anger and grief in an act of rage, but the hormonal reaction was simply not there for such an outlet.

Mentally exhausted she curled up under the blankets fully clothed and closed her eyes, opening them a split second later and getting up and dragging the mattress to block the door, "no point in not being cautious" she muttered and then got in and fell asleep hoping it was all a nightmare.