New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Playing D&D alone

For Solo-Adventures i recommend the Lone Wolf Books, you can even play them online for free now.

gr,
    Geri

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Thumbs up Re: Playing D&D alone Yes i play several rpg games alone and have for many years now

Quote Originally Posted by Fi[CENTER
    [/CENTER]ghter1000;13600148]Has anyone here ever played D&D alone?
    If so, what did you think if it?
    Cuz I do it often and find it quite fun, most of the time.
    And no, I'm not a lonely little *** with no friends. I have plenty of friends, but most of them don't like to play D&D and the ones that do don't really want me to DM cuz they are all too concerned with their own DMing.
    Yes i have played many prg games solo for many years now. The secret is you have to be able to write a good story keep logs of every game session to refer back to.You also can not fudge the dice rolls the dice are very important not only to combat but also to movement and direction. how I do this is lets say your party comes to a t shape hallway there are 3 possible directions they can go I roll a d6 north 1-2 east 3-4 west 5-6 . I always stock the dungeons even random encounters do'not leave this undone its the difference between a good adventure and a slow one. i have a list of encounters on a sheet of paper ready to go and a percentile matrix for randoms as well. Miniatures as well as 3d terrain also help to make great games i will write the story stock it then create the terrain the only thing I dont have control over is the final outcome. Will the party survive or not if you lack in funds to create terrain or just want to create your own to customize your own story line check out the DM's craft on utube everything is dirt cheap to make and turns out awesome I hope this helps answer your question and as I always tell all my gaming friends GAME ON O and before I am cursed with insults I do belong to several gaming groups that meet on the weekends but I have met alot of so called DM's that suck at story telling