New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Will Save World for Gold

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarNorth View Post
    WORD OF GOD:

WSWFG takes place in a ficitonal world where D&D mechanics are on equal terms with the laws of physics. The characters don't have players. The fact that they sometimes do things that only make sense when done by characters who DO have players controlling their actions is one of the running jokes.

However, if people think it's fun to speculate about what the players WOULD be like if they existed, by all means do so. It's fun to read
    I like mine better.
    So many webcomics already do that and I think only Goblins has done the one I described(besides the obvious ones like DM of the Rings which I'm not counting for these purposes)
    Check Out
    Check out my youtube channel just click here and enjoy?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscast_Mage View Post
    You're a frickin' ninja below me, too!? You got mad skills, Vknight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbane View Post
    Rogue vs. Dog. (The new Cat vs. Commoner, only not amusing!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    You are making the assumption of rational planning. After 37 years of dungeon crawling, I still have zero evidence that the average dungeon was designed by the sane.
    "Sleep is optional, just ask Vknight" Someone I Forget but thanks... I don't

2. - Top - End - #272
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vknight View Post
    I like mine better.
    So many webcomics already do that and I think only Goblins has done the one I described(besides the obvious ones like DM of the Rings which I'm not counting for these purposes)
    But it's his comic...

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

also there's been no word of god that there are actual players involved in the goblins universe. Yeah they've reffered to players, but that could just be annother mechanic to the rules of their universe like feats and skill points.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2013-08-23 at 08:57 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    also there's been no word of god that there are actual players involved in the goblins universe. Yeah they've reffered to players, but that could just be annother mechanic to the rules of their universe like feats and skill points.
    I kinda get the feeling (a feeling that mostly comes from the Tempts Fate stories and I have no idea if TF is cannon or not) that the Goblins universe is a seperate universe that DMs are able to channel so that players may send their avatars into the universe.

Granted that is only if TF is cannon and we aren't actually suppose to think to hard about when Tempts does stuff like make a player eat his own character sheet.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    I kinda get the feeling (a feeling that mostly comes from the Tempts Fate stories and I have no idea if TF is cannon or not) that the Goblins universe is a seperate universe that DMs are able to channel so that players may send their avatars into the universe.

Granted that is only if TF is cannon and we aren't actually suppose to think to hard about when Tempts does stuff like make a player eat his own character sheet.
    gunna move my response to this to the goblins thread as this is kind of offtopic, sorry for bringing it back again, my bad.

More on topic, seems like the lord of bears is a little tarquin-esqe dontcha think? wonder if we'll see the lady of owels anytime soon.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #276
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

I thought those were tears at first, but since they match Torrin's eyes, it looks like he's using some sort of power to levitate her?

7. - Top - End - #277
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    I thought those were tears at first, but since they match Torrin's eyes, it looks like he's using some sort of power to levitate her?
    Good eye. I thought it was a modified Force Choke.
    The Giant
    There are no mistakes, because there are no rules. NONE. No, not even that one.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Whatever it is, it seems nasty. And broken.

Anyway... nice fellow, that guy. I think I might understand why Ardon decided to get the hell out, and screw the consequences.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur

9. - Top - End - #279

Why does an evil smile look so much more terrifying when it's three pixels long?

10. - Top - End - #280

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Why does an evil smile look so much more terrifying when it's three pixels long?
    Does the rhetorical '...shall we?' count as a question she has to answer?
    The Giant

11. - Top - End - #281

PaladinGuy

You bet it would. The guy seems twisted like that.

EDIT : of course, he didn't use his blue font for it, so perhaps not. Still.
    Last edited by Macros; 2013-08-26 at 04:37 PM.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur

12. - Top - End - #282

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Macros View Post
    You bet it would. The guy seems twisted like that.

MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!
    The Giant

13. - Top - End - #283

PaladinGuy

Gah ! I fell for that. I fell for that hard.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur

14. - Top - End - #284

This can't be good.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Well this guy definitely seems like bad business.

My 100% original pixelart fantasy webcomic, Hero oh Hero.

Webcomic discussion thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...7-Hero-Oh-Hero

16. - Top - End - #286
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well apparently, Ardon's character flaws are less his personal failings and more a generic Eladrin trait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

17. - Top - End - #287

PaladinGuy

I don't know about eladrins, but it certainly is a family thing. And I'm afraid Breynia will have an answer to her question very soon.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Macros View Post
    Whatever it is, it seems nasty. And broken.
    Possibly, but potentially not. If the power is modeled after a grab its possibly he simply has too high ref and fort for her to escape, but level appropriate players it would be balanced.
    "It doesn't matter how much you struggle or strive,
    You'll never get out of life alive,
    So please kill yourself and save this land,
    And your last mission is to spread my command,"

Slightly adapted quote from X-Fusion, Please Kill Yourself

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Boci View Post
    Possibly, but potentially not. If the power is modeled after a grab its possibly he simply has too high ref and fort for her to escape, but level appropriate players it would be balanced.
    Considering the fact that Power at all cost seems to be Ardon's family's Creed, I find it unlikely he didn't willfully design it to be as broken over powered as possible along with every other possible bit of customization he could manage.

And yeah, Dryad is likely gonna die. If she doesn't, I suddenly wonder about the possibility's of making her the 6th member of the party. Would that work in a 4E world?
    "I Burn!"

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Considering the fact that Power at all cost seems to be Ardon's family's Creed, I find it unlikely he didn't willfully design it to be as broken over powered as possible along with every other possible bit of customization he could manage.
    Sure, if that is possibly, which it may well be. I'm just saying he might actually be following the rules, if that is how the creator wants to handle him.

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    And yeah, Dryad is likely gonna die. If she doesn't, I suddenly wonder about the possibility's of making her the 6th member of the party. Would that work in a 4E world?
    Yes, but she'd undergo vast changes. 4th ed handles exotic races by scaling them back to fit a general formula and power level, so an elf and a minotaur are equally powerful (or roughly so, although better at different things).

So she'd become a homebrew PC dryad race, and then select a class. Again, by the rules.
    Last edited by Boci; 2013-08-27 at 12:36 PM.
    "It doesn't matter how much you struggle or strive,
    You'll never get out of life alive,
    So please kill yourself and save this land,
    And your last mission is to spread my command,"

Slightly adapted quote from X-Fusion, Please Kill Yourself

21. - Top - End - #291

No wonder Ardon has daddy issues (and everything else issues).

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I suddenly understand how Ardon is the way he is and have transferred pretty much all that seething hate I had for him over to whom ever the hell that freak job that came through the gate is.

I wonder if there's any chance in hell of her getting a res later sine Ellie did hit it off with her. Shame, she was just starting to grow on me.
    "I Burn!"

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

if it wasn't for the fact that she doesn't have a face next to her speach bubble i'd think she might have potentul to become a new partymember.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I can't remember, and its too late for me to do an archive trawl. Does anyone remember when we first see the killer squirrels? I know they have shown them in the background here and there.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    I can't remember, and its too late for me to do an archive trawl. Does anyone remember when we first see the killer squirrels? I know they have shown them in the background here and there.
    I was wondering about this myself, it sounded familiar but couldn't bother to go through the entire archive.

My 100% original pixelart fantasy webcomic, Hero oh Hero.

Webcomic discussion thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...7-Hero-Oh-Hero

26. - Top - End - #296

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Neoriceisgood View Post
    I was wondering about this myself, it sounded familiar but couldn't bother to go through the entire archive.
    #406 - when they swarm the escaped leader of the gnome robber gang?
    The Giant

27. - Top - End - #297
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

Comment 1... NOOOOOOOO Poor Peanut... now the others have to go on Ardon's silly squirrel quest (which even Ardon didn't really want to go on), just to save Peanut (He's my favorite character, soooooooo cute and yet so secretly awesome... I want a Peanut Plushie)

Comment 2... has anyone discussed a fanfic crossover... Spider Ardon vs Darth Vaarsuvius, Fortyfive vs Durkon, Ell vs Roy, Odivallus vs Haley and Elan, Peanut vs Belkar... could be interesting... except I'd rather see it come down to just the first pairing, and everyone else ends up actually befriending their opponents and watching the Pointy Eared egomaniacs fight... Fortyfive and Durkon having Tea, Ell and Roy discussing tactics, Odivallus and the loving pair discussing destiny, Peanut and Belkar appreciating the others knives.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

Wild speculation.

Spoiler
    Show
    The squirrels aren't actually gonna hurt him. On the contrary, there either gonna worship him as a god or make him there monarch, and inadvertently interpret everything he says and does into "kill/eat people in general and Ardon in particular!"
    "I Burn!"

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_Goddess View Post
    Comment 1... NOOOOOOOO Poor Peanut... now the others have to go on Ardon's silly squirrel quest (which even Ardon didn't really want to go on), just to save Peanut (He's my favorite character, soooooooo cute and yet so secretly awesome... I want a Peanut Plushie)

Comment 2... has anyone discussed a fanfic crossover... Spider Ardon vs Darth Vaarsuvius, Fortyfive vs Durkon, Ell vs Roy, Odivallus vs Haley and Elan, Peanut vs Belkar... could be interesting... except I'd rather see it come down to just the first pairing, and everyone else ends up actually befriending their opponents and watching the Pointy Eared egomaniacs fight... Fortyfive and Durkon having Tea, Ell and Roy discussing tactics, Odivallus and the loving pair discussing destiny, Peanut and Belkar appreciating the others knives.

miiight not be the best idea. Peanut is a Kobold. Belkar has done horrible things to Kobolds no less then three times in the past.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #300

HalflingRogueGuy

Squirrels were first seen when there was nearly a party vs party fight to the death. The one that was avoided due to one party leveling.
    Crooked Peak Seasons IV-V: 11/8/4 Cup Semifinalist, Cup Quarterfinalist, Coach of the losing All-star team (Season V)
    Treeman's Triumph Seasons VI: 3/8/2 Loser in the Crud! Cup Match
    Legends of Jam Season VII: 6/3/2 Winner of the Longball Derby, Division B Champion, Cup Semifinalist