New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Will Save World for Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    but…..why does it do that only when they leave and not when they go in?

is there some sort of metaphysical difference? hmmm….
    Because it's designed as an export restriction.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Paladins. Teir five my a**
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #213
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Paladins. Teir five my a**
    4e Paladins. Much more effective than their 3.5 counterparts.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    4e Paladins. Much more effective than their 3.5 counterparts.
    Kinda sorta, in that they did get more good stuff, but then more then half the classes were made a whole lot worse then there 3.5 counterparts.

And this begs a question, Why not just Let Odi blast them out of the box?
    "I Burn!"

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Kinda sorta, in that they did get more good stuff, but then more then half the classes were made a whole lot worse then there 3.5 counterparts.
    sir or ma'am, please do not bring bring that sort of discussion into this thread, 4e and 3.5 are entirely different paradigms, and cannot be compared when their priorities and focuses are completely different. we don't need arguments like that breaking out and derailing this thread.

thank you.

and yes, I know you probably don't mean anything by it, but I'm sensing this could lead to something if we aren't careful about discussing this. just a hunch.

so yea, I'm just going to say: I wouldn't really say they are "better" or "worse" its more like the 4e classes are more focused on a certain type of game that DnD tends to create often anyways, and have balanced them around that. some people just, for one reason or another, dislike that focus.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    sir or ma'am, please do not bring bring that sort of discussion into this thread, 4e and 3.5 are entirely different paradigms, and cannot be compared when their priorities and focuses are completely different. we don't need arguments like that breaking out and derailing this thread.

thank you.

and yes, I know you probably don't mean anything by it, but I'm sensing this could lead to something if we aren't careful about discussing this. just a hunch.

so yea, I'm just going to say: I wouldn't really say they are "better" or "worse" its more like the 4e classes are more focused on a certain type of game that DnD tends to create often anyways, and have balanced them around that. some people just, for one reason or another, dislike that focus.
    Ok, ok, yeesh.

Though this still doesn't answer the question of why no explodie to get out of the box. Far as that goes, shouldn't Ardon be able to grab peanut and teleport out with that eladrin trick that seems to be his go to move? That could pretty quickly get a flank on the Dryad for Ellie, and a direct the strike sneak attack to boot. And he might even be able to heal up 45 enough to keep him alive, maybe put him in the fight.
    "I Burn!"

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, ok, yeesh.

Though this still doesn't answer the question of why no explodie to get out of the box. Far as that goes, shouldn't Ardon be able to grab peanut and teleport out with that eladrin trick that seems to be his go to move? That could pretty quickly get a flank on the Dryad for Ellie, and a direct the strike sneak attack to boot. And he might even be able to heal up 45 enough to keep him alive, maybe put him in the fight.
    its a teleportation effect, so it has be within his line of sight. he can't see whats going on outside, so, can't teleport, unless he peeks through one of the eyeholes. it wouldn't work even if he knew what was going on out there without

also, the power has a personal tag, so even if he knew and was in line of sight, he can't take Peanut with him, only teleport himself.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

they were peeking out a hole earlier weren't they?
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

yes, but it might or might not count as line of sight. I don't actually know if the holes in the box would actually count or not, but theoretically he should be able to at least teleport himself.

but then again he is Ardon. he is a jerk who isn't fond of his….allies and he was never really fond of forty-five. and thats his killer over there. he might be cowardly enough to run away or just Fey Step to get a head start. he might not WANT to help...
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2013-07-24 at 09:03 PM.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Except that it would be tactically to his benefit to off the one person that knows were he is presently.

He might not be able to teleport peanut, but he could still go out there and heal 45 and get him up and into the fight, which would go a long way toward tipping the fight in his favor.

And that still doesn't explain Odi not blowing one of the walls out.
    "I Burn!"

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Except that it would be tactically to his benefit to off the one person that knows were he is presently.

He might not be able to teleport peanut, but he could still go out there and heal 45 and get him up and into the fight, which would go a long way toward tipping the fight in his favor.

And that still doesn't explain Odi not blowing one of the walls out.
    I know I don't know the 4e rules, but can warlords heal melted guts just like that?

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    I know I don't know the 4e rules, but can warlords heal melted guts just like that?
    a couple times a day yes.

mechanically its all sound, but in character its just the warlord shouting at the person to get a move on and to keep moving, lifting their spirits and all that, no magic involved.

if you look in Martial Power it acknowledges how little sense that makes, how magical it seems…but really its all a reflection of how good the warlord is at making people do their best, so much so they seem to be able to shrug off wounds and have reserves of energy they didn't know they have.

like y'know….superhuman encouragement.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

That's the Ardon that actually got me to not hate him with a fiery passion and give a damn about what happens to him!
    "I Burn!"

14. - Top - End - #224
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    Just like in 3.5 with cure spells, it depends entirely on whether the "melted guts" are considered hp damage or outright death. It looks to me like outright death, which means no Ardon can't just pop him back up with a heal - they'll need to get some money and find someone who can do the Raise Dead ritual.
    Last edited by Douglas; 2013-07-25 at 10:56 AM.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

15. - Top - End - #225
    Orc in the Playground

That's the Ardon that actually got me to not hate him with a fiery passion and give a damn about what happens to him!
    He won a lot of people over last story arc.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarNorth View Post
    He won a lot of people over last story arc.
    He grew. He stopped being a self serving ass with no morality other then "Look out for number one and ruthlessly stomp number two until it ceases to exist as punishment for existing.". That was a good change. A positive change. Maybe it would have been predictable and cliched thirty years ago but everyone's had so much Grim and Gritty and Dark and seen so may jerk protagonists that it's starting to wear thin, and people are responding to what they normally respond to in place of the dark for dark sakes fad in western story telling. People who can be identified with, but are likeable, and are not the bad guy by any means.
    "I Burn!"

17. - Top - End - #227

I used to say kobolds were not fit to lick my boots, but seeing how clean mine are now, I may need to reconsider my position on the matter
    I'm dyin squirtle

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

That was rather good.

So, he's out of the box and helping. Wonder if he though to bring Elle's sword, shield and Focus so she can be more effective. Also wonder if is plan is to spam heal Elle so as to keep her up and fighting or to heal 45 to get him up and into the fight in the hopes of actually dropping her while Odi works on blasting his way out.

Wood being resistant to most kinds of energy strikes me as, well, irrational. I'll by electric and cold, but really, woods good at not being burned? Shattered with sonic vibrations? better then flesh at not yielding to the mystical version of blunt force trauma? (Force type.)
    "I Burn!"

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

That was rather good.

So, he's out of the box and helping. Wonder if he though to bring Elle's sword, shield and Focus so she can be more effective. Also wonder if is plan is to spam heal Elle so as to keep her up and fighting or to heal 45 to get him up and into the fight in the hopes of actually dropping her while Odi works on blasting his way out.

Wood being resistant to most kinds of energy strikes me as, well, irrational. I'll by electric and cold, but really, woods good at not being burned? Shattered with sonic vibrations? better then flesh at not yielding to the mystical version of blunt force trauma? (Force type.)
    Burned? No. Odi seems to imply that either acid or fire would do well against the wood box. For the other stuff that.....seems to be the case.
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2013-07-27 at 01:04 AM.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Banned

I can't imagine that trying to burn yourself out from the inside of an enclosed box of wood is a very good idea. Even if you can get it to light, you're going to suffocate/burn to death long before you escape.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    I can't imagine that trying to burn yourself out from the inside of an enclosed box of wood is a very good idea. Even if you can get it to light, you're going to suffocate/burn to death long before you escape.
    I never said it was good idea. All I said was that fire works on wood. Obi is the one that considered it one of his options for getting out.

There is a reason Ardon is the plan guy after all.

22. - Top - End - #232

New strip up

Spoiler
    Show
    HE LIVES!

23. - Top - End - #233
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Ardon always seems to have a superior situational awareness/rules savvy to everyone else. While some players and fighters usually are better at tactics and possibilities than others, this seems, to non-gamer me, a little extreme.

So, is this just business as usual or does Ardon have a unique edge, perhaps gained by his unusual multi-classing abilities?

Thanks for educating the ignorant.
    The Giant
    There are no mistakes, because there are no rules. NONE. No, not even that one.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Looks like Breya was lying after all.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stsasser View Post
    Ardon always seems to have a superior situational awareness/rules savvy to everyone else. While some players and fighters usually are better at tactics and possibilities than others, this seems, to non-gamer me, a little extreme.

So, is this just business as usual or does Ardon have a unique edge, perhaps gained by his unusual multi-classing abilities?

Thanks for educating the ignorant.
    I think it's just part of his character. He thinks in more tactical terms than most people. I don't know if he's really as smart as he comes off though. Remember, a lot of his plans fail horribly.

I wonder if the robot is alive again, or if Ardon is just manipulating his actions with commands like he does to the kobold.

Also, apparently Ardon is the only character in this comic whose name I can actually remember.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2013-07-30 at 02:18 AM.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Now were talking!

Edit: Damn it, and he was doing so well! All he had to do was hang in there like another two rounds and the gate would close!
    Last edited by Metahuman1; 2013-08-01 at 12:10 AM.
    "I Burn!"

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Well that was stupid.

My 100% original pixelart fantasy webcomic, Hero oh Hero.

Webcomic discussion thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...7-Hero-Oh-Hero

28. - Top - End - #238
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Neoriceisgood View Post
    Well that was stupid.
    'Forgot my weapon' seems to be the theme of this fight.
    The Giant
    There are no mistakes, because there are no rules. NONE. No, not even that one.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by stsasser View Post
    'Forgot my weapon' seems to be the theme of this fight.
    Ardon remembered to bring his weapon. He just forgot that 45 broke for the lulz and/or the sake of making a wooden box easier.
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2013-08-01 at 03:08 PM.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

I posted what I think is the stats behind this battle so far. LonestarNorth (the author) said it was very close to what is happening.

http://willsaveworldforgold.com/foru...p=23902#p23902
    Last edited by androkguz; 2013-08-02 at 11:08 PM.