New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIII

Lume, thoroughly annoyed at this point, whispers to Chas: "We'll continue this conversation later" and goes off to handle conflicts the way he was trained to as an Illuminator. "If you people don't settle down quickly, I will kill you with unimaginably torturous devices of pure light. Then, as your soul begins to drift slowly away from your body to its final resting place, I will consume it, placing your residual consciousness in the Neverending Void. There, the complete lack of sensation - you will not even have skin to feel - will drive you slowly insane as it is interrupted only by the bursts of intense, FLAMING PAIN I send your way." He then shakes his head, as if coming around from a dizzy spell.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

2. - Top - End - #932

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIII:Rather than Edit...

The wound is clearly not just a scratch. Stomach wounds, luckily, aren't as bloody as facial wounds, and death is much more likely to come from infection than from bleeding to death. Even though it is bleeding a lot, he still has at least 50 HP.

"S-Sorry," ??? says between the painful breaths. "about that." He coughs up a little of blood. Just a little, though, so it can't be that bad, right?
    "Thank...you. For tying...me down." It almost hurts as much to talk as it does to breathe.

Edited TTA: The Spear Wound is, obviously, the worst of it, even worse than the 1st and 2nd degree burns. It's basically a hole going straight through his stomach, and out his back (but missed the spine). Not that big; about the size of a spear-head.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Ogre in the Playground

Assuming Lume is talking to Nycca and Talina and stuff, he just gets a frown from the bat-winged girl.
    Oh, great, random murder threats.
    Would you kindly butt out and stop making the situation worse? I'm trying to stop my friend brom being scared out of her mind and you yelling about how you'll kill us or whatever is just going to make my job a trillion times harder.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

4. - Top - End - #934

When the bat-winged girl addresses him, Lume seems to fully come to. I... I am sorry. The drills and protocol from standard Illuminator training just came back... I couldn't help but declare the punishment for disturbing the peace. Here, I know it will hardly make things better, but... He creates a dazzling, rainbow-colored puppy of pure light and offers it to the frightened gnome.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...

5. - Top - End - #935
    Me.
    Guest in the Playground

Post Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIII

As the shrapnel from the death of Stu flies around, Samantha quickly lefts her shielding charms, extending a gelatinous plane of pale-green defensive energy around her. The solid materials are simply absorbed into the magical construct, and then seem to disintegrate. When the explosion is done, Samantha rubs her hands against one another, getting the dirt off them, and smiles at her work. "Job well done." she says to no one in particular. She looks at the other two women and nods politely, before retiring back to her observing of those curious spinney plants.

Meanwhile, Samuel notices the trio of friends walk in. He takes note of the seemingly disturbed gnome, and decides to keep watch on her while not actually going over there or saying anything. He's not terribly gifted in the social graces, nonetheless he wants to make sure the poor thing is alright.

6. - Top - End - #936

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    The wound is clearly not just a scratch. (Spear through the stomach, and hit by a flesh-tearing bullet) Stomach wounds, luckily, aren't as bloody as facial wounds, and death is much more likely to come from infection than from bleeding to death. (Remember, he now, after bleeding damage, has just over 50 HP still).

"S-Sorry," ??? says between the painful breaths. "about that." He coughs up a little of blood. Just a little, though, so it can't be that bad, right?
    "Thank...you. For tying...me down." It almost hurts as much to talk as it does to breathe.
    Oh, even a little blood can be very bad in the wrong place. Coughing up blood in general means you've got bleeding in either the throat or the lungs, either of which can quickly turn lethal.

And neither of which the wizard knows how to fix.

"Quiet. Don't strain yourself." He shushes, trying to keep his voice level and steady. He might not be able to undo his mistakes, but maybe he can keep the man alive until they can find a real healer.

Pulling a roll of gauze from his bag the wizard cuts a length for bandaging, carefully trying to thread it beneath the man without moving him then tie it tight around the wounds to slow the bleeding, muttering apologies for the pain. After, that is, he very gingerly shoves anything that might have fallen out back into the wound. No point in patching the man up if he leaves his guts outside, no matter how disgusting having to touch them is.

Finally, he cups his hands over ???'s chest and whispers Heal, a bright aura of yellow-green light erupting between his palms, little sparks slipping through his fingers to float up towards the ceiling. The spell is a basic one and the caster unpracticed at it, but it should numb the pain and then begin to stem the bleeding as long as it's maintained.

"Is there a healer in here? Can somebody please fetch a healer? This man is in very poor condition!"
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

7. - Top - End - #937
    Ogre in the Playground

Talina was going to shout at him. Or something. But given that Lume seems genuinely contrite, she settles for simply kneeling down next to Kallista, and going to gently hug her.

"I have to go turn this guy over to Remnant. I'll be right back, okay?"

And then someone shouts for a healer. Which Talina is, and one who takes it too seriously to leave someone to die just because she wasn't involved with whatever hurt them, so she quickly stands, walking over to the wizard, and fishing around in her bag for something or other.

Though she's not an idiot, so Rick, unless he somehow breaks free of the telekinesis, will be floating along behind her.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-08-29 at 08:42 PM.

8. - Top - End - #938

Kallista eyes the puppy, and Talina, but doesn't move. Y'know, 'cause a heavily muscled man with a gun offered to rape her and her friends.
    Last edited by Dark Elf Bard; 2012-08-29 at 08:37 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

9. - Top - End - #939

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIII: And thus he becomes a PC

Given the wounds he received, the bleeding's most likely in the lungs.

Fortunately for the swordsman, who has a sword across his back, but hadn't used it while he was possessed by the Shadow Beast, the healing spell by the wizard worked. He stops bleeding! Now he just needs, as the Wizard suggested, a healer or a doctor or something.

He breathes slowly and more calmly, with his eyes closed, trying to think of something better. Like saving princesses from giant flaming beasts and cutting down renegade drug cartel bandits.

"My name...is Levi," he says between heavy breaths, so that I can stop calling him ???.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2012-08-29 at 08:43 PM.

10. - Top - End - #940

The puppy opens its eyes, barks once, and jumps out of Lume's hands, rolling playfully around next to Kallista. Then Lume turns to the wizard. "I can heal him completely," he says, "but it comes at a terrible price. I would require... a piece of someone's soul.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

11. - Top - End - #941
    Me.
    Guest in the Playground

At the word "Healer!" Samantha is there. She notes the other woman as well, but figures why not try to help. She has had years of practice in such areas, and worse ones than this. She puts on her glasses and pulls back her hair again, rolls up her sleeves and starts trying to asses the damage while at the same time ruffling around in her bag for materials, with all the speed and precision of a professional. She introduces herself to the other healer without looking up from the patient "Name's Samantha Sapienti, trained healer and medical woman, going on lil over 80 years now. Know all sorts of different types of healing magic and rituals, have tons of charms, and can make a potion better and probably faster than anyone you know. Worked in worse situations than this, loads of experience. You? "She says it in a casual manner, more of an introduction than an intrusion or a boast. She just wants to inform the woman (and the patient).

Meanwhile, Samuel sees that this turn of events leaves the distressed goblin girl alone. Against his better judgement, Samuel goes over to her (curse cute-damaged little girls, his weakness). He tries his best to look friendly while also not pressuring her. He has no idea why she's so distraught, so he takes it easy. He goes to sit next to her and smile casually.
    Last edited by Me.; 2012-08-29 at 08:56 PM.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Ogre in the Playground

Rick, believe it or not, did not actually mean harm. He floats there wildly however.

13. - Top - End - #943

Kallista doesn't know that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

14. - Top - End - #944

Lume turns to Samantha gratefully. "You have no idea how glad I am that you are able to heal this man, instead of my services being necessary. Often, when T'Lorran would use us in the war, we would carry prisoners with us, and tear their souls asunder for use in healing our troops. I'm not sure I could have done it again."
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

15. - Top - End - #945

"Right. Levi, you're going to be fine. But don't talk. Talking now could make things worse." The wizard says, giving the two healers who've set up on either side of him a slight nod of acknowledgement before returning his full concentration to the pain-numbing spell.

Lume though... Lume gets nothing but an angry, hateful glare in return for his 'generous' offer. There're worse fates than death and the wizard would say loss of your soul ranks high among them.

16. - Top - End - #946

Lume shrinks a little under the wizard's hateful glare."I did not wish to offend you," he says. "You requested healing services, and I wished to make it known that I could help if it was absolutely necessary."
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

17. - Top - End - #947

Levi nods, instead of talking. How glad he is that there's actually people here who can heal. Usually he just has to man up the pain and sit around doing nothing for a couple of weeks.

He thinks the wizard is kinda nice, though.

And so are the healers. He understands Lume's point of view. "It's not his fault," he mumbles. On the battlefield, sometimes the only option is doing something unsavory.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2012-08-29 at 09:12 PM.

18. - Top - End - #948
    Me.
    Guest in the Playground

"Right...." Says Samantha carefully in response to the soul-being, thing. She then looks down at Levi and smiles as if he wasn't currently extremely injured, like she would an old friend almost.
    "Pleasure to meet you Levi. Now, can you tell me how this happened. Just for point of reference." As she says this, she starts scanning over the body with her magic Sight, trying to figure out exactly how many wounds there are, where they are, what kind of damage it is, and how bad the damage is precisely. While doing this, she draws out a long, slender wand that seems to be made of Hazel by anyone who knows about wood. The wand is set with pieces of turquoise and opal, with various designs engraved in the wood. She also pulls out some lavender and sage incense, which she sets in a mercury bowl and with a casual flick of her hand lights.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Me. View Post
    At the word "Healer!" Samantha is there. She notes the other woman as well, but figures why not try to help. She has had years of practice in such areas, and worse ones than this. She puts on her glasses and pulls back her hair again, rolls up her sleeves and starts trying to asses the damage while at the same time ruffling around in her bag for materials. She introduces herself to the other healer without looking up from the patient "Name's Samantha Sapienti, trained healer and medical woman, going on lil over 80 years now. Know all sorts of different types of healing magic and rituals, have tons of charms, and can make a potion better and probably faster than anyone you know. Worked in worse situations than this, loads of experience. You? "She says it in a casual manner, more of an introduction than an intrusion or a boast. She just wants to inform the woman (and the patient).
    "Talina Bryn, also a trained healer, and sympathetic alchemist, though only for around twenty years, being human and thus not having lived anywhere near that long yet, though I trained under those who have been working twice as long as both of us together.

I'd also be glad to challenge your potion making, though not now, and I've worked in plenty of situations worse than this too, with people who had worse injuries; I did a ten year stint as a combat medic in the Starsong War, and then half that again caring for people out of the Veilking's prison camps."

With that, she pulls a tiny vial from her bag, marked with warning labels - Samantha might recognize it as a potion allowing one to look inside the body to see exactly what's wrong, a dangerous one, especially if overused - and gulps it down, then tries to do just that to Levi.

20. - Top - End - #950
    Me.
    Guest in the Playground

Samantha chuckle lightly at the girls remarks. " Pleasure to make your acquaintance Ms. Bryn,wish it were under brighter circumstanes though. I'd be glad take you up in that potions challenge later. Impressive work for one so young. Or so it sounds, not familiar with those events I'm afraid. "
    Samantha indeed recognizes the bottle, and cringes slightly while looking at it. Always hated using that thing while she was in training, much prefers just to open up her Sight (basically x-ray vision, but on a more magical level, detecting physical things more as energy, sort of like heat-vision I guess).

21. - Top - End - #951

"It was my fault. He was possessed and I failed to realize it till too late. A second later and I might've killed him." The wizard answers in Levi's stead, hoping that the healers will merely find him a fool rather than a criminal for his rash actions. By the sweat beading on his forehead and the panicked expression to his eyed, it's clear enough that he's far from a cold-blooded killer under better circumstance.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-08-29 at 09:34 PM.

22. - Top - End - #952

Levi, who is currently on his hands and knees still hasn't gotten used to doctors, field medics, scientists, and healers who just can't seem to talk too much about what they've done in the past. If he were a doctor, Levi would just shoot the patient full of morphine and then try to figure out what's wrong.
    (He didn't go to Medical School, by the way.)

"I lost...control," which is the easiest way to explain what happened, despite the Wizard just answering this as well.

His breathing is slow and steady now, mostly thanks to the Wizard. "Spear...gunshot...maybe some 3rd degree burns." However, breathing is still painful.

The most visible wounds to all the healers are: Spear wound straight through the stomach, right out the back. Gunshot wound in the shoulder. Burns all over his body.
    Less visible: Slightly cracked ribs, one punctured lung, exhaustion, lots of mental pain (although, this is a preexisting condition; maybe the insurance won't cover it)

However difficult it is to force a potion down someone's throat while he's facing downwards, Talina's potion is pushed down him, allowing her to see just as well the problems that Samantha sees.

EDIT:!: Sorry, I misread your post, C'nor. Talina can see perfectly fine what is inside him, without having to put any potion into his mouth.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2012-08-29 at 09:58 PM.

23. - Top - End - #953

With Levi being taken care of by more than one competent, non-soul-eating healer, Lume turns his attention back to Kallista. Kneeling down (but maintaining a respectful distance, due to her easily angered friends), he speaks. "This animal will comfort you when you need comfort, and protect you from harm as he is able," he says in his most soothing voice (which still sounds rather chilling).He will require no food, but you should give him water occasionally. Mostly, all he needs is love. Can you do that? Can you love him for me?
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

24. - Top - End - #954
    Me.
    Guest in the Playground

Samantha nods deeply at the remarks. She goes to take care of the punctured lung first, as it seems to be the most immediate threat. She takes up her Hazel wand, hover's it over his chest, above the punctured lung, also dragging the bowl of incense nearer, and starts making with the magic. She says to Levi calmly "This might sting a little, you may feel a sudden twinge. If you feel any pressure, lemme know." With that warning, Samantha closes her eyes, gathers her energy, and starts pouring golden-green energy from the length of her wand, as well as her other hand.As she does so, she starts murmuring "Beleg et calen rant et sîr de homme ôre." She repeats this in a detached voice, chanting the words and sending forth more energy. This should result in the punctured lung healing itself, as well as any infections being cleared.
    Last edited by Me.; 2012-08-29 at 09:48 PM.

25. - Top - End - #955
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, Talina downed the potion herself, so presumably, no forcing it down Levi's throat would be necessary.

In any case, having gotten a good look at his injuries, she snaps back to herself with a shudder, and pulls a thin knife from her bag, then makes a long, shallow, cut along the back of her left forearm, draining the blood into a small vial, which is also used to catch some of Levi's blood, then capped, and the contents magically boiled.

Should nothing stop her, she'll then pour that into a flask of red-and-black liquid, drop in a pair of golden crystals, and shake the mixture, which should cause his gut wound to quickly begin healing, after the application of a fair bit more power to it.

Samantha is probably aware that what Talina just did is one of the faster ways to heal Levi, but also somewhat risky, since it transfers some of the damage to the healer; go too far with it, and one could end up in rather bad shape themselves.

((Is the bullet still in him?))

26. - Top - End - #956

(No, the bullet shards are not still in him. They're lying on the ground somewhere, having been forced out by SHADOW MAGIC!)
    ((Also, sorry for having misread your post. It took me a while to figure that out.))

Levi shudders as his punctured lung is healed. That did sting! So much that he can't even yell out. He just tightens his arm muscles to keep himself up as this healing process begins.

The swordsman doesn't stop Talina from getting some of his blood.

The gut wound, which definitely hurt the most out of all of them heals up pretty nicely! That's great. He's starting to feel better.

All that's left: 1st-3rd degree burns, flesh-torn gunshot wound, slightly cracked ribs (which will just heal up in a couple of days anyway, and he hardly notices them.)

27. - Top - End - #957
    Dwarf in the Playground

Angie looks around and frowns. Of course she was deadtimed during the call for a healer. Too bad, she just sits back letting the other healers take care of the injuried. She would have been happy to help, but it seems to late for that now.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

28. - Top - End - #958
    Me.
    Guest in the Playground

Samantha does recognize that Talina's method is faster, but Samantha has had more practice with energy healing and does not wish to gamble on something as serious as a lung wound. For such things, she prefers to stay inside her comfort zone. Besides, she has had enough experience in such work that it takes relatively little time.
    After she's sure the lung is fine, Samantha begins on the burns, leaving the gunshot to her fellow healer. She takes up the bowl of incense and starts smashing the fuses together. Meanwhile, she grabs vials and bottles out of her bag labeled Unicorn Horn, Dragon Fat, Phoenix Ash, and Gryphon Hair and adds these to the bowl, pouring in some water and honey to boot. She also grabs a leaf from an herb labeled Adder's Fork and starts waving it over Levi's body while gingerly rubbing the odd -smelling cream over his burns. The pain should end immediately, and the burn should quickly start healing. During this whole process, Samantha quietly apologizes to Levi for the pain she's sure he's feeling, but hey, it's worth it.

29. - Top - End - #959

Feeling Levi shudder violently as the healers begin their work, the unnamed wizard redoubles his own efforts to stem the pain. The spell is already beginning to falter though, trying to maintain it for so long straining the unpracticed spellslinger's capabilities.

30. - Top - End - #960
    Ogre in the Playground

Not necessarily faster, really. After all, Samantha's pretty quick herself, clearly. And even Talina wouldn't have wanted to risk magic like that with a lung wound; just the bruising that you'd almost certainly get could be quite serious with things like that.

"Hm... Looks like a pretty expensive treatment for burns, I have to say. 'Course, it might be worth it, considering how nasty some of those are, depending on how fast it works, but I know one that's effective and won't take a half the hoard from whatever dragon you got the fat off of to make,"
    she says, pulling a needle and a roll of suturing thread, both heatsealed in plastic, and presumably, if she's taking those kinds of precautions, sterile, as well as a vial of an acrid green substance, which smokes somewhat once the cap is removed, and a vial of the same red-and-black substance she mixed their blood with earlier, though this is, presumably, pure; the latter is poured in, if possible, which should numb the area and significantly speed healing, and then, so long as nothing stops her, she sets to work sewing up the hole.