New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIII

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Only a fool would say otherwise," Percival attests, enjoying another draught of his drink. Whatever that was when he ordered. "But enough about me. What was this keeping you from drinking?"
    Sharon starts to answer...then blinks at the sudden hubub of raised voices. Turns. Frowns. Takes a tighter grip on her staff..

Amist eats another handful of popcorn.
    Munchmunchmunch.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

2. - Top - End - #272
    Halfling in the Playground

Unsurprisingly, Sharon's new focus becomes Percival's. He's only been paying a small degree of attention, but it's enough.

"Poor man. Doesn't even know where he is," the demon says, pursing his lips in a frown.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ivaz smirks and leans back against a table, holding herself up with one hand. The other hand twirls the revolver a bit. She doesn't feel like putting it away at the moment.

There's a smirk on her face as she watches the looney charge Zee. And the elf charge the looney.

What do you know. Dinner and a show!

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

4. - Top - End - #274
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Crusader turns his head slighty and calls out to the flumph, "That's no barmaid! That's a heretical hellspawn!"
    Then the elf tries to get the jump on him, and will succeed in getting a hold of him, but won't pull him down since he's a full grown male wearing full plate armor with a chainmail under-armor, meaning he's going to be really heavy, and he's pumping adreneline right now/in a frenzy. Legs probably would have been a better choice, or stomach for a German suplex, and that would have been funny. Seriously, German suplexes are nasty, but also awesome, Sabin would have been even awesomer if he German suplexed that train. Of course the elf has slowed him to a crawl, as he tries to shake her off him whilst shouting, "Are you mad!? Get off me, I am trying to save you! You must be in league with that foul creature!"

5. - Top - End - #275
    Barbarian in the Playground

K'rax-Naggath isn't hideous!

Not even a little bit!

She makes a point of avoiding all those tentacles and gribbly bits that many of her kin seem to be so into. Mostly she aims for awe and magnificence and a little bit of whimsy when it comes to her appearance.

She's pretty sure she isn't foul, either. Too a shower just this morning.

Anywho!

The impossibly massive Far-Thing wrinkles her nose-analog at the whole 'herectical hellspawn comment'. Seems she finds it distasteful. Or at least is using expressions that might be interpreted as distaste. Whether she's able to actually feel mortal emotions like that is another question altogether.

"You're under the mistaken impression that I'm part of your tiny little cosmology. Now shush."

That 'shush' carries with it an eldritch pulse of bio-aetheric power aimed at temporarily paralyzing the Crusader's vocal cords so she won't have to listen to him yammering for the next few minutes at least.

The chimera then reaches down with one astoundingly massive claw and aims to grab the knight. And possibly the elf too unless she absconds the hell away in a hurry.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

6. - Top - End - #276

Said actions would have been much better, yes. Shame the description of the Crusader's outfitting is only being provided now or else other actions would have been taken.

Moon Called turns to face Zee, an offer to drag this irritating fellow out wet on her lips. Instead, she's faced with a giant claw coming down. Looks like Zee can take care of this herself. Moon does indeed abscond quite quickly, taking several steps back.
    Honestly, she's disappointed. She could have used a good brawl. Grumbling a bit, the elf returns to her booth.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

7. - Top - End - #277
    Dwarf in the Playground

A young woman walks inside looking around with a blank look on her pale face. She is wearing a simple white robe that covers her all the way down to her ankles, her feet bare but dirty from a long walk. Her white robes show two dark red bloodstains starting from her upper back trailing down to her waist. She seems oblivious of this as she wanders the room looking around as if searching for something.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

8. - Top - End - #278

If Moon Called really wants a fight, she could always mess with Ivaz.

Speaking of, Ivaz turns her attention to the new woman, analyzing her for a moment. She's still spinning the revolver in her hand.

Well...there's something you don't see everyday, Ivaz states to nobody in particular.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

9. - Top - End - #279
    Dwarf in the Playground

The woman stands at 5'6" and has long curly red hair going down past her shoulders. For a moment she stops and stares at the spinning revolver but then her focus shifts away again as she walks away. She ends up at the bar looking over all the choices of drinks behind the bar. Her hands resting on the bar look filthy with cuts and scrapes on them, looks like she has been climbing something with lots of pointy bits.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

10. - Top - End - #280

Ivaz brings herself up from the table she was leaning against and saunters over towards the bar. She doesn't stop spinning the gun as her hazel eyes focus on the woman, taking in every detail.

When she reaches the bar, she'll lean against it sideways, facing the woman.

So, I gotta ask...what's with the beat up look?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

11. - Top - End - #281
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Excuse me? Oh, I must look like a mess, I'm sorry. I should really clean up."

She says looking down at her hands she suddenly feels a flush of embarrassment at how dirty they look. How did they get like this, she feels so foolish.

Her pale blue eyes go from her hands to the spinning gun to the woman she finds herself talking to. Ivaz should notice that her eyes are red and bloodshot, and it looks like the woman has been crying recently. Though there is no sign of any emotion that might make her cry on her face now.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

12. - Top - End - #282

Observing Ivaz's face, the woman should easily notice a sort of crazed look in her eyes. Like she really doesn't care about anything. Her current grin supports that.

Ivaz shrugs her shoulders a little. Eh, whatever. To each their own. Though, I gotta say, the blood stains might get nasty after a little while.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

13. - Top - End - #283
    Dwarf in the Playground

The woman doesn't easily notice anything it seems. And right now most of her attention seems to be staying on the spinning gun in Ivaz's hand.

"Bloodstains? I don't know what you are talking about."

And apparently despite the bloodstains having gotten well past the disgusting stage she doesn't notice those either.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

14. - Top - End - #284
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Crusader was intending to give a retort of some kind, but to his horror finds that he can no longer speak. This kind of freaks him out, alot, and also makes him quite angry, he really likes verbal combat, how dare this abomination unto his goddess use fell magic on him!
    So no fun combat banter, truy a shame, oh well. So anyway, since he's not completely stupid, he realizes that it'd be a good idea to avoid the claw of the far chimera. So he makes an effort to try and jump out of its way, and make a clumsy swing, a.k.a. Demon's Souls boss tactics when you're dumb enough to confront the bosses with meele weapons and not the god tier bows.

15. - Top - End - #285

Ivaz keeps the gun spinning. Mostly because she sees that it's drawing attention.

Uh-huh... She sounds very skeptical. Then what, pray tell, are these? She goes to poke each stain with her finger.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

16. - Top - End - #286

Bap!

Or maybe *TINK!* would be a more appropriate sound effect.

The Far Chimera's hide is roughly the consistency of volcanic glass. On top of that she has flagrant disregard for the normal laws of physics. Weapons that haven't been properly warded to overcome her preternatural defense are blunted even further.

In other words?

Unless sealed with the Eye of Derleth nothing short of an adamantine maul is likely to cause much harm to the creature.

K'rax makes another grab at the knight! It should be pretty clear to anyone watching that she's trying to heard him out the front door.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ivaz might notice a few small lumps on the woman's back back as she pokes the bloodstains. Which causes the woman to jump away with a small cry of pain. She shrinkingly makes her way to a stool and sits down.

"I'm sorry, please don't do that again."

She goes to brush away a tear using the back of her hand trying to avoid getting any dirt smeared on her face.

"Is there a place I can go wash up?"

Getting closer also shows that in her bright red hair there seems to be a patch with dried blood on it, looks like she took a blow to the head. Maybe that explains why she is just staring at the spinning gun, not bothering to look up at Ivaz.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

18. - Top - End - #288

Ivaz raises an eyebrow at the woman's reaction to the pokings. She deduces that this woman got attacked by something. Or someone.

Unfortunately for the woman, Ivaz isn't the type to offer a helping hand that often.

Ivaz points to the stairs leading to the second floor. They got rooms for rent upstairs. I'm fairly certain at least one of them have a shower.

So, who'd you get in a fight with, hm?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

19. - Top - End - #289
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I didn't get in a fight. I don't think."

The woman seems unsure of how she got in this state. Well some of it comes from her walk here through the woods and streets unsure of where to go before she wandered in here. She keeps watching the spinning gun focusing on that instead of the pain she feels all along her back and sides.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

20. - Top - End - #290

Ivaz is still skeptical. The whole thing sounds fishy to her, and her curiosity is just bugging her to get to the bottom of it. Just for the sake of knowing.

Uh-huh. Look, honey, you don't get banged up like this without getting attacked by something. This isn't a case of "Oops, I fell down the stairs".

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

21. - Top - End - #291
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chas, the unkempt elf hippie with long hair and facial stubble sits at a table, downing beers and smoking. He's obviously rather intoxicated, and currently not doing much except for spacing out.
    avvie by Sneak

22. - Top - End - #292
    Dwarf in the Playground

The woman starts to panic a bit her heart beating faster as she stands up and takes a step back from Ivaz.

"Excuse me, I should go get cleaned up."

She can't anwser the questions so she is going to try and get away from the person asking them. She feels deep down that she is looking for something. She doesn't know what but she hopes to know it when she finds it.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

23. - Top - End - #293

Ivaz shrugs again, She waves her free hand a little, as if shooing the woman away.

Eh, fine, whatever. No skin off my back. Try not to trip on the stairs on your way up. She orders a drink and looks around as she waits for it to arrive.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

24. - Top - End - #294
    Dwarf in the Playground

The woman keeps watching the spinning gun for a bit before looking away trying to focus on what she should be doing. Cleaning up, she needed a room, she looks around trying to figure out how to get room.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

25. - Top - End - #295
    Dwarf in the Playground

Again the poor Crusader reels in horror as he sees that his weapon has no effect upon the great beast before him. He tries to call upon his goddess for help, but alas, still lacks the ability to speak. Sucks for you dude.
    Thinking quickly, and still under the delusion that he is trying to save these people, he reasons that if its hide is so tough, then he must look for softer bits. Or pull a Hercules and strangle this metaphorical Nemean lion to death, though the likelyhood of that occuring is very small, since this is something too big to strangle, and he is a very little Zealot in comparison. So yeah, time to aim for the soft bits. What bits are soft? Um..................THE EYES! Yes the eyes, they must be soft, best go stab them out with a now somewhat blunted sword! Worked for Odysseus on that Cyclops fellow.
    So, in a train of thought like that, but muh quicker and less coherent, he determines that the best course of action, is to bum rush the monster towards its face!

26. - Top - End - #296

Aim for the soft spots!

Like the eyes or the throat!

It's a ROCK! It doesn't HAVE any soft spots!

Though to be fair those blazing pools of light burning like the rising sun are probably eyes of some capacity. But they're up pretty high! The Crusader rushes forward none the less!

K'rax simply attempts to lay down on top of him in a bid to pin him to the ground. This is probably pretty embarrassing. Should the pin attempt to avoided and the Crusader actually manage to thwack Zee in the face he'll find much to his dismay that her eyes are just as hard as the rest of her body.

Stupid physics breaking eldritch abominations!

27. - Top - End - #297
    Pixie in the Playground

[Cowboy's Table]

"Hmm, that's completely different to my world," Isla comments. "I was always taught that the afterlife was kind of like normal life, only social rankings were flipped to favor the most devout to our planet's goddess." Or something. With so few people ever raised, no-one's exactly sure what comes next.

Benjamin continues to periodically frighten her. Despite his actually somewhat moderated language, the tone and suddenness of his exclamation causes her to shy away again. "I-if you want to find out w-what happens after death, actively seeking out b-battles like that would be a good method."

Oh, she's not trying to insult him, or say that he couldn't be useful in a fight, but if it isn't clear yet: just about everything scares Isla. The newest battle worries her too. That's three in the short time she's been here. Yikes!
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

28. - Top - End - #298
    Dwarf in the Playground

The woman wearing a long white robe with nasty looking bloodstains on her back, a head wound hidden under her curly red hair, and dirty and beat up hands and feet stands at the bar talking to Cosmo. Seems she is trying to get a room to get cleaned up in. It is a short conversation since the woman has no money, and doesn't seem to understand how one normally gets money. She gets frustrated as she can't seem to make sense of the world.

In the end Cosmo wanders back to work muttering about his starving children and how he wishes Trog was around because at least that guy wrote him some dialogue. The woman just stands there confused looking down at her dirty hands. Maybe she should go, she knew she was looking for something, and she hadn't found it here.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

29. - Top - End - #299
    Orc in the Playground

The Cowboy's Table

"Don't worry dear, I spend a lot of time here and this has been the most violent the Tavern has been for a very long time. Fights happen, yes, but rarely with such a small space between them." Gertrude isn't paying any attention to the Crusader. She knows her deity is real, and cares not for his. Then, turning to Benjamin, Madame de la Moy smiles. "It is much better than nothing. If you'd like adventure, I know of an ancient crypt you could explore. I think it's still relatively intact, with most of the treasure remaining." By which I mean, should you wish it I am more than willing to run a dungeon crawl. I enjoy running dungeon crawls; I have three going on now, but since they aren't very planned I could do another easily.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

30. - Top - End - #300
    Dwarf in the Playground

Whelp, the Crusader is now pinned under the bulk of Zee, that must be really awkward. It's like if a hero kill a dragon and it fell on him and crushed him, except he hasn't killed his foe, and is still alive. **** this is really embarressing for him now and he wants it to stop, so he's going to futitlly struggle under the creature, maybe try and free an arm to keep hitting it.