New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIII

The Far Chimera just sits there stubbornly, refusing to move. At least for now. By this time the Cruisader's voice should be coming back, though anything he says will probably be muffled due to the rather sizable volume of eldritch abomination sitting on top of him.

Awkward flailing probably isn't going to be amounting to all that much.

"I'm not moving until you calm down," K'rax announces to the armored holy-warrior. "And until you promise to stop harassing the customers. Then you can leave, where you'll be banished from this tavern! You and your children's children's children! For one week."

Geeze Zee.

That's pretty harsh.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Dwarf in the Playground

The woman in the bloody white robe turns away from the bar and watches Zee sitting on the Crusader. She wonders briefly what is going on, but gives up on that, she already has enough confusion in her life. She starts to circle around for the door keeping a close eye on the "fight".
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

3. - Top - End - #303
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Cowboy's Table

Benjamin, the master of emotions, speaks in a calm voice this time!

"You know, Madame, that sounds like a great idea," he says, talking about the ancient crypt. The treasure being there isn't really what interests him - it's the talk of adventure that he finds interesting.

The cowboy turns towards Isla, excitedly. "Hey, Isla, you should definitely come, too. It'll be fun." He has a huge grin on his face. "It'll probably be safer than this tavern, too," he adds as an afternote.

From what he's seen, the only danger in crypts is ancient booby traps and bloodthirsty assassins. Benjamin doesn't know anybody around here who wants to kill him...so it should be a piece of cake!

4. - Top - End - #304
    Pixie in the Playground

[The cowboy's table]

"Anywhere would be safer than this tavern!" Isla answers, smiling. "I'd love to look around too."

Huh. She must have missed the part where it's a 'crypt', then. Which, considering, is probably a good thing.

Which only raises the question as to why she's going at all. Maybe it's to escape the violent tavern. Maybe it's because she senses an adventure she'd never be allowed on any other way. Or maybe it's that Benjamin is one of the only two humans she's met here, and he's both armed and friendly.

...Whatever the reason is, she sounds just as excited as he looks.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

5. - Top - End - #305
    Orc in the Playground

The Cowboy's Table

"Take this. It might be useful if you encounter anything undead." Gertrude produces a clear plastic bottle of holy water. It's quite a large bottle, and I'm not certain where she was hiding it, but maybe the dress has extradimensional storage, too. Also, technically, it's unholy water; it works the same on undead, but against demons, devils, and their ilk it will have no effect; instead, it will burn angels, archons and anything that might be described as 'Celestial' in nature.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

6. - Top - End - #306
    Dwarf in the Playground

The woman in the white robe and bloodstains leaves the tavern.

A short while later Calvin comes inside looks around for someone for a bit before settling at a table with a book. He opens up the book and starts to read, occasionally scratching some notes on a small pad of paper he keeps with him. He keeps an eye on who is in the room, and what is going on around him even when reading.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

7. - Top - End - #307

HalfOrcPirate

Calvin could notice an oddly-dressed Orc in the room. The dark, Victorian clothes that he's wearing don't seem to fit his large, bulky frame. Nonetheless, he sits there, unfazed, casually adjusting his spectacles as he glances over the menu of Trog's.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

8. - Top - End - #308
    Dwarf in the Playground

Calvin does indeed notice the Orc, and does a quick check to see if he is carrying any weapons, concealed or otherwise. Not necessarily because he is suspicious of him, just because he checks everyone. The Orc may notice the Calvin peering at him over the edge of his book. Not sure of what to make of the strangely dressed orc he only half reads his book, keeping an eye on the orc for awhile.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

9. - Top - End - #309

HalfOrcPirate

While not "armed to the teeth," the Orc certainly does have his share of weapons. Most notably, there is a large, pepper-box rifle hung across his back. It doesn't look to be of any special quality, just a standard rifle of its type. Second to that is an ivory-handled knife on his waist. He could be carrying a pistol in his jacket, but, with a man that size, it would be hard to notice.
    The orc does indeed notice Calvin looking at him, and he gives Calvin a puzzled look.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

10. - Top - End - #310
    Dwarf in the Playground

Whoops spotted, Calvin looks a bit embarrassed to have been caught looking over the Orc. He quickly looks back down at his book trying to figure out if he should say anything to the orc, maybe apologize.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

11. - Top - End - #311

HalfOrcPirate

From the looks of it, Calvin won't need to make that decision - the orc is already walking towards his table. Standing, he looks like a well-dressed brick wall; he's truly a huge specimen, even by orc standards. He takes a seat at the table. "Can I help you with something, boy?" His voice is thick and gruff, something to be expected from an orc.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

12. - Top - End - #312
    Dwarf in the Playground

Boy is about right, Calvin is human and can't be older then 16. He is fairly muscular underneath his plain clothes, jeans and a cotton shirt, his jacket hanging on the back of his chair. He tucks away his notebook under his closed book.

Ah, sorry. Not really. Sorry just never saw an orc dressed as a gentleman before."

Calvin doesn't seem to be intimidated by the orc very much. Embarrassed? Sure. Intimidated? Not at all.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

13. - Top - End - #313

HalfOrcPirate

Another perplexed look crosses his face. "You haven't? What a strange little place this is..." he muses, idly. "Ah, it's no bother, boy. But tell me something, you're an adult, for a human, eh? Why aren't you at working?" He adjusts his bronze-frame glasses again, looking Calvin over.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

14. - Top - End - #314
    Dwarf in the Playground

"No jobs needing my attention at the moment. So I am here keeping my eyes and ears open. That is something like a job."

Calvin is pretty plain looking for a human most of his distinguishing marks are pretty well hidden unless you are a keen observer. He has short sandy brown hair that is pretty messily cut, perhaps because he does it himself. His nose has been broken a few times, but each time they were set pretty well. And he has several visible scars, one under right eyebrow partially concealed, one on the side of the neck that points up to his ear. Two more are on his palms each identical a single line running across the palm, and large like he had been cut several times. Though those wounds are pretty hard to spot and Calvin does his best to keeps his palms out of sight.

Oh and he seems to be reading a biography of some man named Johnston Pentick.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

Entering the tavern is on Lieutenant Colonel Sequoia. Of course, unless one was familiar with the various higher ranking Remnant officials, it's be hard to identify her as such as she's not in uniform. Sequoia is a dryad. Her skin is a red-brown colour and her hair is made up of some evergreen greenery. She's very tall, a few inches over six feet. She's very curvy and has long legs, a fact accentuated by her fitted, V neck top and knee length skirt.

The dryad looks around the room briefly before heading toward the bar. She orders some fruity drink and waits. It sure feels good to get out of the office, even if she didn't have any particular plans for the evening.

16. - Top - End - #316

HalfOrcPirate

"Hmph. Fair enough, I suppose." As he settles into his seat, he whistles for a waiter to come over. "Well, boy, I'm already here, and I have no plans on leaving. Would you like something to drink?" He flashes a toothy grin, fangs protruding from his mouth. He adjusts his orange ascot with his hand.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

MHF undeadtimes again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standing over in the dark corner is the Mysterious Hooded Figure still. MHF to be honest, doesn't look to be much bigger than a halfling. Seems kinda small for the job.

All the same, the MHF stares at you. Yes, even you, despite you being behind a pillar and in another room. MHF is just that good at staring.

Today's staring targets include Calvin, the Orc, and Sequoia. Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare.

I really don't know why MHF doesn't just go and hang out with Slenderman and Boogie Man. MHF'd get along with them I'm sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sure an ale would be great. What about you, waiting for work?

He glances over as Sequoia comes in through door. Oh my, he can't help but stare a bit at her. But he tries to keep it down to a few seconds before turning back to the orc.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

19. - Top - End - #319

HalfOrcPirate

"Sounds fine to me, boy." He glances at the dryad, giving her a once-over. "You're interested in that little thing, boy? Why not call her over here, talk to her a bit?" The orc leans back in his seat, fixing his pale glass cufflinks.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

Sequoia glances at the two men eyeing her. Or rather, one man and one boy. She's not unused to getting such attention, so she doesn't pay them too much mind unless one of them decides to approach her.

Almost forgot this avi.
    Spoiler
    Show

With different clothing of course.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-08-07 at 08:15 PM.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Yeah I don't think that would work out well. My uncle has a say, something about dogs chasing cars. I think I would be the dog, she the car."

He shakes his head. He figures he would just make a fool of himself talking to any hot girl, nothing in his past really got him ready for that sort of situation.
    Last edited by McBish; 2012-08-07 at 08:18 PM.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

22. - Top - End - #322

HalfOrcPirate

He chuckles. "Oh, come on, boy! Nothing ventured, nothing gained, am I right?" And with that, the orc starts trying to get Sequoia's attention. To do this, he takes off his ascot and waves it like a flag, waiting for her to notice. It probably isn't the most effective method of getting a woman's attention, but it was worth a shot.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

23. - Top - End - #323

Ivaz undeadtimes at the bar. She's facing away from it, leaning back against it on her elbows as she looks around. She takes note of the people here. Yes, even MHF. Then she orders a drink and waits for it to arrive.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

24. - Top - End - #324
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gain's aren't always a positive thing.

Calvin says though mostly to himself at this point. He shakes his head at the orc as he tries to wave down this woman but doesn't even bother to try and stop him.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

That certainly gets Sequoia's attention. She raises an eyebrow at the orc. Well, nothing ventured nothing gained. The dryad picks up her drink and moves over to the pair.

"You know, the usual way to approach someone is to walk over and talk to them. I have to admit, though, your method is unique." She says amusedly.

26. - Top - End - #326

HalfOrcPirate

He smiles, putting his ascot back into place. "I'm not a traditional kind of man. But, I'm not the man you should be worried about - he is." He points to Calvin.
    Last edited by Falgorn; 2012-08-07 at 09:59 PM.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

27. - Top - End - #327
    Dwarf in the Playground

Calvin who was mid drink as the Orc points to him. He takes a big gulp of his ale and sets down his drink and smiles up at the Dryad. Well may as well give it a shot.

"Hi there. Care to join us, we have been having a great conversation about well dressed orcs and staring."

He seems embarrassed by the whole situation but trying to make the best of it.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

It seems Sequoia's eyebrows can't get high enough tonight. Well, she wasn't planning on talking to anyone else, so she'd might as well play along for the moment. "Those are interesting topics. I think I can understand the first one." She gives the orc smile. "But the second one is a mystery to me." She looks at Calvin expectantly.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Barbarian in the Playground

Enter Louis Ramirez, a tan-skinned, dark brown haired young man sitting somewhere in his early twenties. He's actually here to meet some friends, though they may not recognize him sans star themed costume and domino mask. That's okay though, he can greet them later, or maybe they can recognize him. That mask didn't exactly cover his hair or mouth, so he's not exactly Batman. For now he'll take a seat and mingle a bit. He hasn't really gotten to know many people in the nexus yet, despite deciding to set up shop as a superhero here.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

30. - Top - End - #330
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Ah yeah, I've been told it is terrible rude to stare. I guess I always thought if you weren't staring you weren't paying nearly enough attention. And apparently on certain odd nights if you stare you find yourself sitting at a table with a group of people having conversations over drinks. Your thoughts?"

Calvin takes a swig of his ale watching her reaction, not sure what to expect.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?