New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIII

"Must have been strange. I remember when I first moved into a city. It was hard to believe how many people were crammed into such a small space. But it grows on you, at least it grew on me."

He orders himself another ale to replace the one he finished.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

Look who's back! It's Human Male, returning from his brief trip upstairs. He looks like most people tend to do after a brief life and death, with an added air of madness that might ping him as 'dangerous' to some people, as he stares blankly out across the tavern, his long hair all disheveled and gripping his unsheathed sword tightly. Anyone could have heard the explosions going on upstairs, unless of course Trog's has some crazy soundproofing between the two floors. Which it just might, actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Dwarf in the Playground

Calvin hears the explosions and then sees Human Male return from upstairs. He notices the man's tight grip on the sword and wonders what happened upstairs, and decides to find out.

"What happened up there?"

He asks turning his chair to face the man.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

"Heh, I agree completely. I couldn't imagine living anywhere else thes-" Sequoia cuts off at the sound of the explosion and the appearance of the man. Suddenly the dryad is on her feet and all business. "What happened? Are you unharmed?" She asks the human male as she steps toward him.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-08-09 at 12:25 PM.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    The Cowboy's Table

"The crypt is located two day's travel east of the town of Yellavyppah, which has a Riftline station in it. Quite easy to access, but to my knowledge it's untouched." Gertrude smiles, and is being completely honest.
    "Oh." Where's Yellavyppah, again? Never having left her own Hold, Isla probably wouldn't recognize the names of major cities on her own planet, let alone those in the Nexus.

That's okay, though. If anyone could find a place without any directions, it'd be Isla.

Or, you know, they could just ask...

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    The Cowboy's Table

As much as Benjamin doesn't like desecrating graves, he'll still go. He'll do as much as possible to respect the dead as he's there.

"That sounds great," says Benjamin. "It's pretty close, too." Of course, that entirely depends where Yellavyppah is, and how long it would take to get there. The cowboy bets that, if he still had a horse, he would get there faster. Or a motorcycle. Those work, too, though he prefers horses.

"Let's go now, or are there any supplies that we'll need?" Like a rope. Cowboys always need ropes, especially in ancient crypts, just in case an undead bull comes stampeding down the way. They'll also need regular water, to drink.
    "Nope!" Isla says cheerfully, not even bothering to think ahead. It must be nice, knowing that if your next movements all depend heavily on having something, it can be easily found with your luck. Assuming it's a common enough object, of course. The rarer items are harder to find.

For example, Isla may be able to find a handy length of rope, but if Benjamin was to ask her to locate a couple of horses without needing to pay for or steal them, she'd likely return empty handed.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

6. - Top - End - #396
    Orc in the Playground

The Cowboy's Table

"You're new, so I should probably tell you more about the Riftline. It's a railway powered by the interactions of different dimensions interfering with technical equipment or something, and there's a station down the third road to the left should you turn right after leaving Trog's. Yellavyppah is the fourth stop outside the city, unless it's a Tuesday, when it's the seventh. If you carry on till the end of the line, you'll reach the other main city in the Nexus, Riverside." That makes getting there really easy. As for the other question, Gertrude is assuming that Benjamin the Cowboy is well-equipped for a dungeon crawl as he's familiar with exploring, and should have enough for Isla, too.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

7. - Top - End - #397
    Me.
    Guest in the Playground

Post Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIII

Samuel looks at the man walking down stairs, curious about the story behind the explosion. However, he decides not to ask directly, but instead looks over in his direction slightly and listens closely to hear what he has to say.

Samantha seems intrigued by the man herself, and is also interested in the story. She keeps one eye on Vic and Kitty, not paying too much attention to them anymore, but instead follows her brother's lead and simply listens in to hear an explanation.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Crusader struggles up after a while, pretty dazed and confused as to what the hell just happened. The demon just up and vanished, and no one seems to have noticed or cared about it. So logically, he deduces that his goddess must have sent him a test of faith to see if his resolve was strong enough to resist impossible odds, and he seems to have passed. That must have been it, makes sense, time to move on with his life now.
    So he sits with the flumph at a table, and graciously thanks it for the tea and cucumber sandwhichs. To eat them, he removes his helmet, revealing a face that just looks abnormally average, you know, brown eyes, a complexion niether too dark nor too fair, a nose niether too large or too big, regular eyebrows, no facial hair of note. It's completely unmemorable, like he looks...generic. But yes he is most gracious to the flumph and says, "Strange creature I thank thee for the hearty meal thou hast provided."

9. - Top - End - #399
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Think nothing of it, though I suggest we be quick about our tea. The barmaid was quite cross with you, so best not to tarry on her nerves and all," the flumph says, eating his share of the sandwiches. "My name is Flumperton, by the way. It's a little awkward to eat together and call each other nothing but sir and creature. What is your name. sir?"

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Kitty's face flushes a faint pink and her heart kicks into overdrive. Alright, time to be bold. "Not as much as you would satisfy me I'm sure." She bites her lip, leaning in further, waiting for his reply eagerly.
    'Victor' chuckles. "Sweetheart, you have no idea." The handsome elf's lips form a smirk. He leans close to her, whispering. "I can do things you would never forget."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

Kitty smiles broadly and says. "Then how about you show me?" She can hardly believe this is happening. Someone pinch her.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Dwarf in the Playground

The elf stops his drinking and smoking for brief moment, just enough to exclaim "Whoaaa," at the man from upstairs. HE continues, but now is facing the man and begins to slow down on his ale.
    avvie by Sneak

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

Human Male ignores Calvin, indeed, he ignores everyone else in the room, choosing to instead fixate on Sequoia; her visible inhumanity, coupled with the recent attack (by another visible non-human), unlocking some unfathomable rage deep within himself.
    "You're all filth." He says coldly, his eyes hardening, which might be a cue for Sequoia to get out of the way. If she doesn't, she might find herself out of the way anyway as he quickly channels and sends a miniature twister spiraling in her direction, likely knocking her back as well as bludgeoning her with any loose objects it may have picked up during the course of its brief journey from Human Male's outstretched hand to the dryad's face.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2012-08-10 at 06:43 AM.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Troll in the Playground

Brian Starling, a tall, well dressed human male with Sideburns of Industry and a top hat sitting on the table next to him, watches Human Male with interest. A potential recruit, though possibly one as unstable as Linda had been.

He'll wait to see how the Remnant officer reacts before approaching him though. No sense getting in the middle, especially with magic flying around.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

Sequoia doesn't realize that she should be getting out of the way till a momant too late. She tries to dodge to the side, but gets caught by the twister and flung backward. She slams her back into the edge of the table and hits the ground soon after. Ouch.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-08-15 at 12:56 AM.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Bugbear in the Playground

OOC: What part of the Tavern is the fight taking place in? I'm just wondering so that I can write whether or not my character reacts to there being a fight in the middle of the tavern or not.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Dwarf in the Playground

((The main room. There really aren't different rooms in Trog's, unless they are upstairs, or in the kitchen, or you really need one I guess.))

Sequoia might be saved the pain of being thrown into the table as Calvin sees her being tossed and quickly reacts jumping up from his chair and trying to catch her as she gets blown away. People might be surprised how quickly Calvin moves, in his chair one second jumping up the next. And he shouldn't have a problem with her weight, his strength magically enhanced. He had been ready for an attack, but more so with the sword then a sudden whirlwind, but his reflexes are quick enough to react to the unexpected.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

18. - Top - End - #408
    Me.
    Guest in the Playground

Samantha goes to take action immediately, but her brother holds her back. He then grabs his staff and points it dead on to the Male Human. He gathers some will behind it,holding back his spell for just now, which causes the ancient runes on his staff to glow with a deep blue light. He looks at the Human, trying to avoid direct eye contact and says calmly but with force "No more spell-slinging, alright? Whatever happened to you, you don't need to take it out on innocent people like this. Just calm down, and leave the tavern if you must. Harm no one else. "
    (it may be noted by the Human of Samuel's slightly elven looks, including slightly pointed ears)
    Last edited by Me.; 2012-08-10 at 09:18 PM.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Cowboy's Table

Upon seeing yet another occurring fight in the middle of their conversation, the cowboy mutters, "That's the fifth one so far. Not even on Christmas the bars back home get this rowdy."

Benjamin removes this distraction from his mind. He can't be bothered by bar fights! He's got an adventure to plan out!

For having recently escaped from a prison cell, Benjamin doesn't have much. He just as his 67 bullets, two pistols, a black leather jacket, a small (and empty) calico backpack under his jacket which he got during a brief journey through Mexico, a bandana, a spare bandana, a harmonica, spurs on his boots, a cowboy hat, his belt holsters, a sharp eye, his wit, amazingly fast shooting, his Special Power, his other Borrowed Special Power which he Hates Using, and an unnumbered measure of small coins. He had to cut his last lasso while he was cliffdiving, so he would feel more comfortable with a new lasso and a spare lasso.

"I'll just need two lassos and a couple of fresh fruits. I like them a whole lot better than vegetables." Benjamin stands up, ready to leave. "But, I suppose I could find those on this Train Station. They're pretty common things."

"'Sides,"
    he adds, "I'm pretty sure that if we stay any longer in this bar, then everyone will burst into flames and try to eat out our livers." If he didn't look so serious, it'd be obvious that he was joking.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2012-08-11 at 05:41 PM.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIII

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Spotting Meli across the way, Louis waves to the chimeric elf. He even beckons her over. He has to share the good news after all. Or maybe he wants to see if she can recognize him? Super heroes act quite silly when it comes to their secret identity.
    (Sorry for the slow post, had some website troubles. ^_^')

Meli looks curiously at the waving human, deciding that nothing seemed too scary about Louis. Skipping ahead, despite having lion's feet, Meli tries to get Tirin along to meet the strange waving person.

"Hello. Why are you waving? Are you Young Star?"

Meli writes the questions upon arriving at the table. Smiling at the disguised Young Star. The greeting and first question written casually, but the last added after a second of pondering.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Barbarian in the Playground

The hero nods when he's asked the question. "I'm Louis when I'm not in the suit, though." He pulls out the shard of the vase to show Meli. "I handled the Genie. He says he owes me one, and maybe you too. It was sort of vague. 'When you're in trouble the past will come to help' or something like that. He is sorry though."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

22. - Top - End - #412
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chas the elf draws a revolver - from inside of his hippie-vest. He pulls back the hammer and trains it upon the human male, as he stands up from his stool and leaves his lit cigarette in his mouth. He peers down the sight with one eye, waiting for the situation to develop before shooting.
    avvie by Sneak

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

Human Male turns in the direction of Samuel and Chas, noticing their ears, but not the glowing staff. Lucky for him.
    "Don't speak to me of innocence! Because you look almost human, you think you can claim to be clean? Think again."
    Human Male weaves Air once again. Not the micro-twister he sent spinning towards Sequoia, but solid seeming lassos of wind that attempt to latch on to Samuel's legs and Chas' arms - tripping the first and twirling the second with force.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Whoa," he says, in response to his one-liner, "you need to chill ou-" and then the lasso of wind reaches him. He squeezes off a .38 round, but probably not hitting the human due to the fact it was after he began his spin. It could potentially skim him, but most likely break a window or go through the wall. He falls over from the spin, hitting his head on his stool and his gun dropping next to him after bouncing off the bar. at the moment, hes trying to support himself to at least sit up, but hes groaning and having a difficult time.
    avvie by Sneak

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

Sequoia is caught then, sparing her quite a bit of pain. She doesn't pause to thank Calvin, however. There's a very good reason Remnant doesn't get involved in Trog's disputes, and she's not about to change that personally. She puts her hand on the boy's shoulder and tries to steer him toward the exit. "Come on, these fights aren't worth it." Hopefully her point is accentuated by the gunshot.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Dwarf in the Playground

Calvin wants to go after the guy, but allows himself to be steered towards the exit for in an attempt to keep a low profile. The gun shot makes almost makes him turn around and re-enter the fight, Sequia should be able to feel him tense up.

"Yeah your probably right."

He keeps on heading for the exit keeping one eye on the fight.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

27. - Top - End - #417
    Me.
    Guest in the Playground

Samuel lifts his left arm in front of him with amazing speed, jingling out his shield bracelet and bringing it to life (the energy being there already). The wind sent out would appear to simply go through a blue curtain of energy, and lose most of its power. What was once a mighty gale now has the power of a fan (presumably, unless of course this Human is highly gifted in magic). Samuel laughs at this "Nice try kid, but I've faced things far more powerful than you could even fathom. Don't test me. I don't want to fight you. Just because you have a problem with a certain race does not permit you to go around trampling over everyone in that race. We are all mostly nice, innocent people here (presumably). We have just as much right to be here as you do, so if you're upset perhaps you should just go outside and beat up a tree until you calm down."
    "Yeah!" chimes in Samantha, still being held back by her brother "And besides, I can't speak for everyone here but my brother and I are only half Fey, so neh!" At this point she proceeds to stick out her tongue and make a rather rude face.
    Last edited by Me.; 2012-08-11 at 08:36 PM.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Troll in the Playground

Meanwhile, Amist undeadtimes, kicks her player, and looks around for Ivaz.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

29. - Top - End - #419
    Halfling in the Playground

Gunshots! Oh gods! Sticks, the well-to-do blue elf with the clockwork limbs, ducks beneath his table like a sensible mortal being! He'd rather not be shot today or blasted with wind or what have you. The tall man doesn't quite cower, he just sort of stares at the conflict wide eyed, trying not to get noticed or anything.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #420
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Me. View Post
    Samuel lifts his left arm in front of him with amazing speed, jingling out his shield bracelet and bringing it to life (the energy being there already). The wind sent out would appear to simply go through a blue curtain of energy, and lose most of its power. What was once a mighty gale now has the power of a fan (presumably, unless of course this Human is highly gifted in magic). Samuel laughs at this "Nice try kid, but I've faced things far more powerful than you could even fathom. Don't test me. I don't want to fight you. Just because you have a problem with a certain race does not permit you to go around trampling over everyone in that race. We are all mostly nice, innocent people here (presumably). We have just as much right to be here as you do, so if you're upset perhaps you should just go outside and beat up a tree until you calm down."
    "Yeah!" chimes in Samantha, still being held back by her brother "And besides, I can't speak for everyone here but my brother and I are only half Fey, so neh!" At this point she proceeds to stick out her tongue and make a rather rude face.
    At this, Starling finally stands up. His appearance is imposing only because of his height and formal dress. He's wearing an 19th century suit and as he stands, he puts his top hat on his head before addressing the siblings. "How boorish. But one could expect no better of half-breeds, particularly fae. Your power is only what it is because of your human blood. So yes, flaunt your power. Taunt your betters. Revel in your degenerate blood and ignore that your human parent was a race traitor."

He turns to Human Male. "Come, Sir. There are better places than this for us to get acquainted. Cleaner places."

And with that, he'll attempt to lead Human Male away from Trog's and towards the Sitar's Strings in the Inside thread.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs