New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIII

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Calvin wants to go after the guy, but allows himself to be steered towards the exit for in an attempt to keep a low profile. The gun shot makes almost makes him turn around and re-enter the fight, Sequia should be able to feel him tense up.

"Yeah your probably right."

He keeps on heading for the exit keeping one eye on the fight.
    [Just Outside]

The two probably get outside while people are talking, and Sequoia stops just outside. "Can you believe I came here unarmed? Place is a mess at the best of times." When Human Male and Starling inevitably leave past them, the dryad doesn't make a point of acknowledging them. She just pulls a pack of Coffin Nails from her purse and retrieves a cigarette. "Do you smoke?" She offers.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Just Outside]

Not Cigarettes, thanks though.

Sequoia may notice Calvin eyeing the rooftops and windows briefly as they step out into the street. For a kid he sure seems very concious of his surrondings.

I don't know I don't go there very often, but I think if I was armed walking away from that fight wouldn't have been such an easy descion.

He seems a bit disapointed in himself for walking away from the fight.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

Ooooh. Magic. Bad idea. As soon as the blue barrier goes up, Human Male's eyes widen, and his mad rage seems to intensify as he draws more of the Source into himself, preparing for another attack. And not a non-lethal one, this time.

Then Starling speaks, and for whatever reason his words or his voice seem to have a chilling effect on Human Male's anger, as his demeanor changes from miasmic rage to frozen menace.
    "Indeed? Then by all means, lead the way. I have been in the presence of this pollution long enough." He says politely to Starling. He follows him out, unless stopped of course, not bothering to look at the two half-fae, or indeed any other non-human, on the way out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground

[Just Outside]

"I don't blame you. Terrible things, make me feel all wilty. I'm quitting." The dryad lights one up and puts it in her mouth. "As for the fight, this is why I don't like Trog's. Apparently I forgot that tonight. I'd like to put a stop to it myself, but soon enough things escalate because more and more people get involved and then civilians are getting shot." She shakes her head. "It was my pleasure to at least get one person out of there, even if you might regret it."

5. - Top - End - #425
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just Outside

He raises an eyebrow at the civilian comments, still not knowing she is a Remnant Officer.

"Not so much that I regret it, just that I leaving any fight left unfinished."

He will shoot a glare at the Human Male as he leaves.

"Especially fights that I didn't start."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

[Just Outside]

When she does get an opportunity, Sequoia makes a point of filing what Starling and Human Male look like away in the back of her head. At least the latter seems like he'll be trouble in the future.

"Maybe." Sequoia shrugs and takes a long draw from her cigarette. "Knowing when to walk away is a good way to keep alive. Especially when you might not have the option next time. Minimize the chances of something going wrong, you know?"
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-08-13 at 11:00 AM.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Just Outside]

"You sound like my uncle. He is all about mimizing risk. I guess I was taught that there are always risks, and worrying about them can hold you back. Though I guess that might be a good thing time to time."

He shrugs as he leans up against the wall of Trog's relaxing a bit, the adrenalin from the almost fight starting to fade away.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

[Just Outside]

"Well, you're young yet. Your perspective might change after a decade or two." Sequoia frowns. "Sorry, didn't mean to come off as condescending there."

9. - Top - End - #429
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just Outside

"Don't worry about it, I don't mind. I'm used to, and fine with people judging me by my age. Who knows maybe you are right, but I think my flight fight instinict will probably always tilt towards the fight. Early training tends to stick with you."

Though he has to admit to himself, he is far more restrained then when he first started really working with his uncle. He isn't sure if that is a good thing or not.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

10. - Top - End - #430
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chas stands up, his body tremoring. He picks up his gun, and trains it upon the humans head as he leaves, shaking about a centimetre from his aim. He stops, and slams his pistol down on the table. "RACIST SON OF A BITCH!" he screams at him as he leaves. He sits down at the bar, unless the human reacts to him, and lights up a cigarette, still shaking a lot.
    avvie by Sneak

11. - Top - End - #431
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    "Think nothing of it, though I suggest we be quick about our tea. The barmaid was quite cross with you, so best not to tarry on her nerves and all," the flumph says, eating his share of the sandwiches. "My name is Flumperton, by the way. It's a little awkward to eat together and call each other nothing but sir and creature. What is your name. sir?"
    He replies, "Well met Flumperton, my name is John, John Smith to be precise. But yes, perhaps we should hurry then, I would not like to offend the barmaid. Are there other establishments within this realm where we may dine?"

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

[Just Outside]

Sequoia chuckles. "I understand where you're coming from." The dryad tosses her cigarette on the ground and steps on it. "Well, I think I'm gonna head off. Maybe I'll see you around, kid. Try to stay out of trouble."

13. - Top - End - #433
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Just Outside]

"No promises."

Calvin says with a shrug and he starts to walk away down the street with a wave goodbye over his shoulder.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

[Just Outside]

Sequoia just laughs and walks off herself.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nanobot_swarm View Post
    He replies, "Well met Flumperton, my name is John, John Smith to be precise. But yes, perhaps we should hurry then, I would not like to offend the barmaid. Are there other establishments within this realm where we may dine?"
    "Well, let's see.." the flumph says, gathering his thoughts. "There's the temperance tea-house. (If the thread is still bopping around somewhere) They serve sake, but it's hardly the focus like here. You wouldn't like the Black Dragon's Den, it mostly caters to, let's say, an unsavory element. Sleeping Goblin is like Trog's with a higher tendency to set ablaze. Then there's Mallside with even more food choices, most of which are cheap and alcohol free." It's John's choice really.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

16. - Top - End - #436
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chas's shakes begin to subside, and he continues to drink and smoke at the bar, muttering to himself and swearing, progressively more so as he drinks. He takes his revolver off the table and puts it into his vest.
    avvie by Sneak

17. - Top - End - #437

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    "Yeah, I'd say so." Ashley returns the kiss as always, but pulls back sooner than normal. Probably because they're in a more public place than a high rooftop.
    Ally takes note of Ashley's shyness, but just grins at her and doesn't push it. She leans into her girlfriend and falls silent. And, um, if Dipsnig is still around and still interested in talking to them, he can approach now.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig, who conveniently enough spent the last week in thick deadtime, chooses this moment to hop off his stool and walk up to the two women.
    "I couldn't help but overhear your conversation, and I think I do have a job that might interest you. Even though letting non-members do our contracts is a bit non-standard."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

19. - Top - End - #439

Ashley moves a little so that Ally is more comfortable leaning into her. She doesn't say much either, and her half-empty drink sits abandoned. She seems to have fully shifted her attention.

When Dipsnig makes his presence, known, though, Ashley jumps and sits a little more at attention.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-08-13 at 10:29 AM.

20. - Top - End - #440

The thief reluctantly sits up straight and looks professional. Please, sit down and let's discuss it, sir.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

"Given how I need to climb onto these stools, 'sit down' isn't really appropriate," Dipsnig says as he does climb onto a stool. "Anyway, the deal goes like follows: a guy is looking for something he calls the 'Ordial Plane'. He wants us to do two things: keep an ear to the ground about any mentions of it anywhere and to help him with the heavy lifting involved in investigating it."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

22. - Top - End - #442

"I suppose I could look for the Ordial Plane itself," Ashley says. "I'm not all too experienced with planehopping, though."

23. - Top - End - #443

Ally nods. Okay... So what, exactly, do you want me to do?

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig taps his fang. "I have absolutely no experience with plane-hopping, or other plans of existence. Now, one thing you can do is to keep your eyes and ears peeled for any mention of the place. Which I admit is a wild bat chase, but that's the job we were given. He scowls. "Oh yeah, another thing. We're also supposed to locate as much information about portals in the Nexus as we can, which is quite a bit more substantial. Finally, you can go talk to our employer in the NO HQ and find out what sort of help he needs in locating and exploring it." He pulls out a piece of paper from his pocked. "Here's the contract information for future reference."

Spoiler
    Show
    Job: Learn any and all information available about portals in the Nexus. Also to keep alert for mention of an "Ordial Plane." A secondary mission to assist Nalhriir in locating and potentially exploring said Ordial plane. Link. See Nalhriir for IC specifics.
    Hired by: Nalhriir (Jivundus)
    Target: Information about portals and the planes.
    Job assigned to:
    Payment: Nalhriir's services to NO in advance, plus a lucrative sum upon completion.
    Notes:

25. - Top - End - #445

Ashley takes the slip of paper, if it's offered. "Thanks, boss." She liked when she had some actual work to do, and wasn't just aimlessly studying everything she could about magic. "I'll get on it as soon as I can."
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-08-13 at 11:02 AM.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground

A young, pale-haired woman walks in, eyes behind tinted lenses and bat wings folded behind her back. She picks a table near-ish to the door and orders a light drink, quietly watching who comes in.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

27. - Top - End - #447

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!

A swirling pixelated portal spirals open in the ceiling! But instead of klaxons blaring and bright flashy lights flashing and some weird inexplicable encounter being disgorged through the rift a recliner chair is spat out.

With a very surprised looking young man sitting on top of it.

Clad in modern attire, a green jacket, khaki pants, unremarkable shoes, and a cheap fedora. On the tall side of things, though not overly so. A mess of brown hair sticks out from under his hat here and there. He looks just a weeeee bit out of place. WAY too normal.

Give him about a week before the Nexus blargs strange all over him.

He glances around the tavern.

"Okay, let's see. A goblin. A robot. Some... kind of Lovecraft-style monster?"

Zee waves at him cheerfully.

"Animal person. 'nother animal person. Surly dwarves. Space marine. Knight in shining armor. Sapient talking winged pickle. ...is that a flumph?"

He blinks, takes off his hat, and scratches at his head a bit.

"Welp. Whatever meds they have me on right now must be pretty amazing."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Bugbear in the Playground

A small, young svirfneblin walks in in leather armor. He's got three daggers on his hip, fingering them quietly.

He glances at the bat winged girl and shuffles over.

You wrote on the Wall?
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

Her attention diverted from the strangely normal young man, Nycca nods to the svirfneblin, smiling.
    Yep! You interested?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

30. - Top - End - #450
    Bugbear in the Playground

We are. Anyone else here?

He looks around, seemingly paranoid.

What can you do?
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back