New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1505
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIII

"Well... Of you insist." The wizard jokes, letting out a short little breath of a chuckle. "Eight hundred years ago the world was whole, with no oceans or seas to keep it's people apart. And so we warred without end until the gods themselves took note.

Descending down to earth they held conference, agreeing to divide the land into continents and islands so that each's people could live in peace. But the god of war, Kazk, wasn't satisfied with this decision. So when all the other gods returned to their heavenly realms, he lingered behind and whispered the secrets of traversing the ocean into a mortal warlord's ear.

With this knowledge the warlord built a mighty fleet and conquered cities from coast to coast until he found the second of the secrets Kazk told him of, the Summer Valleys where the gods had met. In those valleys he built both his capital and the first college of magic using the bounty of etheric metals within the mountains."
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

2. - Top - End - #1142

Levi, who has been halfway listening and halfway concentrating on his drink this whole time, nods at all the right spots and says little "Mhm"ish words at all the right times. "That is very interesting," is something he adds, as well, in regards to the most recent story about the division of the world. He wonders how this world that the Wizard comes from, and the world where they are now, and his own world, and Mars, and all the other worlds that exist fit into each other.

"You're from this Summer Valley, then, and worship this god of War?" the swordsman asks, with a dash of curiosity. Probably not worshiping this god of war, he guesses before hearing the answer, because he doesn't look like a well-seasoned war veteran.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Dipsnig drums his fingers on the bartop.
    "That sounds a little counter-productive. It seems like your race could be much more powerful if it worked together."
    "An interesting idea, isn't it?" Sornnolu asks, his eyes glittering. "What would happen if we all broke free of this cycle of destruction? What wonders could we accomplish?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

4. - Top - End - #1144

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    You have any other hobbies at all?

Krystal is very curious about her new friend.
    Gird scratches his head and after a few seconds he mimes thrusting with a spear and throwing a spear Practice. Practice and carve.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    Kallista blushes again. U-um, tall, orange hair...? A box on her arm?

Upon seeing the dog, her ears twitch slightly. Oh yeah, also p-pre-pregnant. But not with someone.
    Nycca grins, rubbing her back.
    She was a cutie... mute, probably one of those synthetic people we've heard of lately.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Ogre in the Playground

"A synth? Huh. Guess you get all sorts here, though, and I haven't heard anything bad about them in general...

And what do you mean by 'not with someone'?"

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIII

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Louis smiles and laughs. "Trog's is pretty terrible if you want to know what's going on, or what anything is. On the bright side, you can get here from anywhere." Louis stands up and offers a hand to Meli, "Would you like to start looking?" Discussion can only take you so far. It was time for action! Louis' favorite time.

((Do you have a theater in mind?))
    Meli accepts the hand shyly, looking around a bit to see if the bear paw causes any strange looks. As it evidently is ignored, the Elf cheers up a bit.

"I would. Let's go."

Meli writes, keeping the message short.

((I do not, actually. I am not too sure if there actually are any official theatres in Inside. ^_^'))
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Shayan finally works the splinter from out between her teeth with a mild wince, allowing her cheeks to knit themselves back together, "I'm fine. The most useful part of my own symbiosis is the regeneration that the plant shares with me. I can heal from anything other than wounds that scar over instantly, such as burns, and even those can be remedied if I scrape away the scars, though that is a rather painful process." She looks down at her clothes, as if she's considering whether or not she should have them mended.

"That's why I decided to pelt him with the furniture. Fire and I are not the best of friends. I'm afraid I'll have to change out of this outfit though. Care to accompany me back to my labs? There's not much more to test here." She gestures to the smouldering rubble that their corner of Trog's has been turned into.
    "That does sound rather handy. Now there's a thought, I haven't done anything to try and increase the regenerative abilities of an animal before. Could be useful for a bear..." Ideas! Shayan is giving Isabelle them!

If fire is so problematic for you, perhaps it would be worth taking some time to find some suitable means of protection against it? I have a feeling that flower will be back sooner or later..." Better safe than sorry, right?

"Well, if we are done here then I suppose I might as well head back to your lab with you." Isabelle peers at the mess they've left, "Maybe I should add a creature to help clearing things up to my list of projects? Ants are rather strong for their size, aren't they? Perhaps some sort of giant ant..." Working with ants would be fun. Were it not for their size, they would totally have become insect overlords of the world! "Uh, but that's not important right now. Please, go ahead and lead the way."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    "An interesting idea, isn't it?" Sornnolu asks, his eyes glittering. "What would happen if we all broke free of this cycle of destruction? What wonders could we accomplish?"
    "What indeed. I assume you're interested in seeing it happen," Dipsnig says. Sornnolu's tone, body lanuage and eyes seem to indicate it.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Barbarian in the Playground

"My thoughts exactly, about the bear I mean. Assuming that the plant didn't interfere with the bear's biological functions, implanting one would give you a test subject with rather amazing resiliency. Theoretically you would only need one, so long as you don't mind waiting for it to knit itself back together." Not that it would take very long, as Shayan's already healed wounds can attest to.

"As for fire, so long as I'm not completely incapacitated by it, I can recover. I haven't ever had the opportunity to study ways of preventing it that don't involve heavy suits, and I've become apt at avoiding situations with fire involved." Shayan brushes the last few splinters from her torso and begins to head for the door, pondering out loud as she does, "Maybe something that digests whatever you don't wish to have around? Ants are strong, but I don't know where you'd have them put all the waste material that you ask them to cart away. Better to get rid of it permanently."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Ogre in the Playground

The drow waves a hand dismissively. "It is a dream. My kin would call me a fool for even considering it. Some would even call it blasphemous." Bitterness slips into his voice. "Perhaps I am a fool. Even within my own House there are divisions. If one family cannot cooperate, what hope is there for an entire race?"
    Last edited by Artemis97; 2012-09-04 at 01:51 PM.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

12. - Top - End - #1152

"Oh, I don't know about sticking a plant in it. Might tamper with all my spells and essentially force me to start back from square one again. I've worked purely with animals, introducing plants into it would mean I'd have to make new spells from scratch. It could set me back by years, unfortunately." It would be a very useful thing, otherwise. Shame. "But I'm thinking, especially after what occurred in here, a bear bodyguard could be useful. So magically enhancing his regenerative powers would be worthwhile."

As for the ants... "Good point. Something capable of eating anything would help clear things out when I'm doing research too. I wonder...a rat maybe? They're capable of eating quite a lot to begin with, should be a decent point to start from." Isabelle follows after Shayan, idly brushing a bit of burnt debris out of the way with one foot, "Don't think you could use my fire protection spell, could you?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

13. - Top - End - #1153

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Nycca grins, rubbing her back.
    She was a cutie... mute, probably one of those synthetic people we've heard of lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    "A synth? Huh. Guess you get all sorts here, though, and I haven't heard anything bad about them in general...

And what do you mean by 'not with someone'?"
    I, I mean, withoutaboyorgirlfriend.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig takes a gulp of his thick green drink.
    "Since it seems you and I agree on some matters, let me tell you a bit of history. A few hundreds of years ago, my race was considered the lowest of the low. We squatted in caves, hiding from everyone. Humans kept us as slaves or exterminated like vermin. Then a great prophet united the northern goblin tribes all by himself and drowned the humans in their own blood. Once the war was over, he declared himself the leader of the first goblin nation. The word spread over the goblins all over the continent, and they followed his example." He sets the mug on the counter. "Now, this isn't a perfect analogy... but it does show that the fate of an entire species can be changed radically."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Ogre in the Playground

Nycca nods, rubbing her nervous friend's back.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1156

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    "Oh, I don't know about sticking a plant in it. Might tamper with all my spells and essentially force me to start back from square one again. I've worked purely with animals, introducing plants into it would mean I'd have to make new spells from scratch. It could set me back by years, unfortunately." It would be a very useful thing, otherwise. Shame. "But I'm thinking, especially after what occurred in here, a bear bodyguard could be useful. So magically enhancing his regenerative powers would be worthwhile."

As for the ants... "Good point. Something capable of eating anything would help clear things out when I'm doing research too. I wonder...a rat maybe? They're capable of eating quite a lot to begin with, should be a decent point to start from." Isabelle follows after Shayan, idly brushing a bit of burnt debris out of the way with one foot, "Don't think you could use my fire protection spell, could you?"
    "Well, that's why I put it forth only if you thought it wouldn't effect the bear's biology overmuch. Rats could work, altough they are rather filthy, and I am under the impression that quite a few of our colleagues detest them." Including Magtok for some peculiar reason, even though he's never said anything about it to her personally.

"Let's depart, and we can speak more of it once we get back to AMEN." And Shayan puts actions to her words and heads for the door. She doesn't comment on the fire ward spell, as she's honestly unsure whether or not she could learn such a thing.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-09-04 at 03:24 PM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

17. - Top - End - #1157

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Meli accepts the hand shyly, looking around a bit to see if the bear paw causes any strange looks. As it evidently is ignored, the Elf cheers up a bit.

"I would. Let's go."

Meli writes, keeping the message short.

((I do not, actually. I am not too sure if there actually are any official theatres in Inside. ^_^'))
    He leads the Meli out of the bar. If she comes along it will be out and on to the city of inside to find a phone booth and maybe a phone book.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

18. - Top - End - #1158

"What the rest of AMEN thinks of my animal friends doesn't really concern me. I'm quite sure several of them aren't too fond of my dear little Cedric, and I doubt the flower is going to appreciate ferrets any time soon. So rats won't be any different." Truth be told, Isabelle does like being around people who actually appreciate her work, but she'd happily settle for disliking but tolerating it.

"Back to AMEN it is!" And Isabelle follows Shayan out of Trog's.

19. - Top - End - #1159

Quote Originally Posted by Hipho View Post
    Gird scratches his head and after a few seconds he mimes thrusting with a spear and throwing a spear Practice. Practice and carve.
    Krystal nods a little. Practice is good, yeah. Don't wanna lose your skills.

Which reminds me...I need to get more target practice in soon.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

20. - Top - End - #1160

GnomeWizardGuy

Gird's eyes light up Is to practice together? he grabs one of the short spears out of the floor and lightly tosses it into the air, catching it.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Dipsnig takes a gulp of his thick green drink.
    "Since it seems you and I agree on some matters, let me tell you a bit of history. A few hundreds of years ago, my race was considered the lowest of the low. We squatted in caves, hiding from everyone. Humans kept us as slaves or exterminated like vermin. Then a great prophet united the northern goblin tribes all by himself and drowned the humans in their own blood. Once the war was over, he declared himself the leader of the first goblin nation. The word spread over the goblins all over the continent, and they followed his example." He sets the mug on the counter. "Now, this isn't a perfect analogy... but it does show that the fate of an entire species can be changed radically."
    "Ah, to be such a prophet!" Sonnolu muses. "One could only hope for such a thing, and pray there is not so much bloodshed. There has been far too much already. However, if it unavoidable... I suppose such a price must be paid." The mage clearly found the idea distasteful, but as a drow, would not ignore the practicality of it. "I am glad your people found their freedom." He says, smiling. "May it forever be so."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Titan in the Playground

"Amen to that," Dipsnig says, raising his glass. "Still, I think that it would be harder to rally the drow. Your people seem content with the way things are, while goblins five hundred years ago were downtrodden. It's easier to rally such people than those who are comfortable," he adds.

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Ogre in the Playground

The drow nods glumly. "It is a difficulty, yes. However, not all are comfortable with their station. Not all wish for things to stay as they are. From them, the cause will grow."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Ogre in the Playground

"And that works... How, exactly? Assuming you mean she didn't have one in the first place, and such."

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Ogre in the Playground

Nycca shrugs.
    She said something about a lab and a project or something... I dunno, it's not easy to read holotext when you're pretending to be asleep.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1166

Kallista nods sheepishly. Yeah, a s-scientific experiment... Kallista shoves Nycca playfully. Why didn't you wake up and int-introduce yourself?
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Ogre in the Playground

Because I didn't want to distract her from you, silly.
    Nycca squeezes her gently around the waist.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Ogre in the Playground

Talina smiles, and nods thoughtfully, going to slip an arm around the pair.

"Makes sense, I guess... You two ready to head home?"

29. - Top - End - #1169

Kallista giggles. Sounds good.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Ogre in the Playground

Nycca nods, going to stand and carry Kallista!
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show