New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1505
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIII

That'd be just about everyone in the Nexus except for a few characters people specifically play as poor.

"Alright, that's all the questions I have. Let me know when you're ready to leave."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    That elicits another chuckle from Sonnolu. "Indeed it would not. I am afraid, where I come from, your people are much as they were in your legend. Opressed, enslaved, feared as monsters and primitives."
    "So I've heard. It's unfortunate. Hopefully one day they will rise up much like my people did." Dipsnig puts his mug back on the table. "It's been a pleasure, Master Xar'Cha, but my time is up. NO will fall apart of I leave it alone too long."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Ogre in the Playground

"Indeed, this has been quite the enlightening conversation, Master Razortooth. I wish you good fortune in your endeavors. I should depart, myself, before Delmah Phor does the same. It seems I have a gala to prepare for. I do hope you have received an invitation?" Sornnolu asks, certain that each Council member had received one.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, yes. I'll certainly be there," Dipsnig says. "For now, goodbye." The goblin gets off his stool, whistles at Kullervo, puts the saddle on the wolf, mounts and leaves the tavern.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Barbarian in the Playground

Crackle.

Crackle fizzle.

Crackle fizzle bwuhZZZZT!

Suddenly a pony appears in Trog's!

There sure have been a lot of ponies around lately. Hopefully it isn't an infestation. Or worse! Contagious. Would that be worse than the werewolf-ness that was spreading around some time ago?

Hmm...

Anywho!

The tiny unicorn gives himself a shake, brushing soot out of his coat and mane. "I think that actually went decently this time..." he mutters.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

6. - Top - End - #1206

"That guy? Oh no, he's no trouble. I don't think he's so much as left that spot in years, even. Just looks at stuff, doesn't even talk to anyone here. Pretty weird, honestly."

Errol Flynn is apparently in the tavern, sitting down with a fellow pirate and conversing over mugs full of some foul piratey grog-esque substance. Or at least, the guy looks like Errol Flynn.

"I guess he must be paid well, though, I would've gone insane, polishing that mug all day, every day, for my whole life by now."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Ogre in the Playground

Enshadu enters, looking rather upset...er. He's pretty much always upset nowadays. He's wearing bandages, all over his body and a red trenchcoat with orange cuffs and buttons. The trenchcoat has a hood which covers his head. He wears a pure white mask which moves with his face and portrays his emotions for him. He looks over at Magtok, and the cyborg might feel a pair of eyes, glaring at him with anger. Then the feeling probably fades. Enshadu will walk over to a corner and wait for his business associate to arrive. All the while he's glaring at Magtok.

8. - Top - End - #1208

The unusually small unicorn waves a hoof at Magtok!

Don't make eye-contact, Maggy. Imagine for a moment what acknowledging that you know an adorable talking pony would do to your reputation. No way to live that sort of thing down. Almost as bad as bowing to a pretty pony princess.

Aaaanyway.

The tiny horse in question trots up to the counter and, "Could I get some bam-"

A beat.

"Oh! Right. No meat products. Ummm... One of those fey-greens salads, then? And a pair of blueberry muffins? And a glass of llamanaid."

Food is fetched by Paige as the tiny horse pulls some money out of his saddle bags and plops it on the counter using a simple levitation spell.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Troll in the Playground

Magtok? Nobody said Magtok was here. It's a pair of pirates! Errol Flynn, sitting across the table from his first mate.

"I can't say I really hold with horses being allowed indoors. Seems unsanitary, y'know?"
    Jean, the first mate, says.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Orc in the Playground

The pirates will be approached by a hobgoblin wearing a long trench coat with the collar up and a wide-brimmed hat pulled low over his face. "Can I interest you in some pixie dust, skooma, etc? You name it, I got it, probably."
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

11. - Top - End - #1211

Errol Flynn acknowledges neither pony nor the creepy trenchcoat guy. Just sits there drinking grog with his compatriot and making rude remarks about other tavern-goers. I don't even know why we're talking about him, honestly. He's totally just some random pirate, drinking with some piratey friend of his named Jean in a bar, chatting about nothing of any real significance. He's hardly weird or noteworthy at all by Nexus standards.

Y'know what is weird, though? The next guy to walk into Trog's Tavern. He looks exactly like Errol Flynn too! Man, that is so uncanny! Those guys could be twins, or clones, or alternate dimension duplicates or something! The new Flynn seems to have a buddy as well. This sidekick doesn't seem to have the same unusually strong aura of sexiness hovering about them, so I guess if you were going to tell the two Flynns apart, you'd go by the sex aura, maybe. If you're into guys, I mean. I'm not, and neither are the Flynns, so the aura doesn't really do much for either of them.

"Yar! Two mugs o' your cheapest ale, bar-gnome, and keep them coming!"

Oh hey, this one speaks in darkslategray too! That's peculiar, isn't it? Maybe it's secretly Libby in disguise! Or Master! Or Azik, a Moff, or Jack Empty! Or maybe even Magtork! Definitely a disguise, despite no outward signs of disguiseyness beyond the text color! You should totally go right ahead and assume it's one of those people and not Errol Flynn, and act accordingly!

"Yeah, you're totally right about the horse thi-"

Anyways, the first Flynn, the one with the inexplicably sexy friend named Jean, he just gives the hobgoblin a cold frown, and shakes his head. Not a fan of being pestered by drug dealers, it seems. Or at least I think those are both drugs. I'm a little iffy on the pixie dust, and so is Flynn.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Troll in the Playground

"Eww, that's just gross. Get lost!" Jean says to the hobgoblin. Yes, Jean, the first mate, does seem oddly sexy for being a filthy pirate. And he is a filthy pirate too, not one of the dashing ones like his captain Errol Flynn. He's got missing teeth and everything.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Orc in the Playground

"OK. I'll be over there if you change your mind, unless you're cops, in which case I'm a shared hallucination. Very rare; you should get that looked at." The hobgoblin nods and goes to stand, as he said, over there.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

14. - Top - End - #1214

Apparently the unicorn was just waving at a pirate that he totally doesn't know. A pirate that certainly isn't Magtok. That would just be absurd. Everyone knows that Magtok doesn't dress like a pirate.

Besides!

Everyone likes to wave at pirates, right?

Though the unicorn seems a bit confused by the fact that there are now two pairs of pirates who look the same.

Maybe some cosplayers are having a convention at Trog's? Wouldn't be the strangest thing to have happened here lately.

The llamanaid finally arrives! And as soon as it does the unicorn braces both hooves against the glass, the totally unarticulated limbs causing the container to wobble precariously. "C'mon... how was I supposed to do this again?"

15. - Top - End - #1215

The Flynn who isn't Magtok and who you should be totally ashamed of even suspecting of being a cyborg shakes his head, and peers down into his drink with a scowl.

"He's right, you know. I don't know what I was thinking, ordering this. Grog is so not my drink, especially if it's going to start bringing in imaginary dealers into the matter. We should still be fine for the mission though, so long as Face and Nega-Flynn aren't ninjas or something. Maybe start with them, get the hard part out of the way first? Once this round is done, maybe?"

Blargh, I hate it when people talk in code or get all weird and vague like that. Makes it so much harder to understand what they're saying when you're trying to be a creepy stalker and listen in on them.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    That'd be just about everyone in the Nexus except for a few characters people specifically play as poor.

"Alright, that's all the questions I have. Let me know when you're ready to leave."

I only have one character that's poor. Two rich and the rest are average.
    "We'll Leave after we eat."

((Here))
    Boredom is a double-edged sword. Oh yeah I made character entries in the character directory wanna see?

Spoiler
    Show

From Left to Right: Surtr, Narve

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    The Flynn who isn't Magtok and who you should be totally ashamed of even suspecting of being a cyborg shakes his head, and peers down into his drink with a scowl.

"He's right, you know. I don't know what I was thinking, ordering this. Grog is so not my drink, especially if it's going to start bringing in imaginary dealers into the matter. We should still be fine for the mission though, so long as Face and Nega-Flynn aren't ninjas or something. Maybe start with them, get the hard part out of the way first? Once this round is done, maybe?"

Blargh, I hate it when people talk in code or get all weird and vague like that. Makes it so much harder to understand what they're saying when you're trying to be a creepy stalker and listen in on them.
    "We need to take account of who's about. Maybe wait for some people to leave?" Jean's eyes flick towards the table where Reinholdt and Sutr's character are talking. She remembers how much trouble Reinholdt was the last time they tried this. Sure, he was a cat then, but his reputation precedes him. He's rather well known in Hell circles.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #1218

The tiny talking horse is clearly no threat what so ever. He shouldn't even be considered as he sits over there at the counter spilling his glass of llamanaid on himself whilst trying to pick it up with his hooves.

What a dumb pony!

Everyone knows that you can't use hooves like hands! That would be physically impossible!

But he doesn't seem to be aware of that.

Some grumbling (and a fair bit of sogginess) later he tries once more with the now empty glass. This time around tapping his hoof to the side of the glass and attempting to lift it as if he were holding onto the thing.

Thus far no success.

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Bugbear in the Playground

As the first mate and dastardly deadly pirate Jean converses with her conniving captain about swashbuckling shenanigans, she might notice that the letters on the desert card in front of her are re-arranging.
    Whatever it is you're doing there, they say, return to where we met when you finish. I have more important work for you.

Of course, anyone else who looks at the card will just see a detailed description of a delicious looking chocolate cake.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

20. - Top - End - #1220

Totally-Not-Magtok Errol Flynn nods, not even sparing a glance towards the table Jean was referring to.

"Just Meow-Mix. Wait any longer than that and someone's liable to replace him, and then-"

Flynn stops, and frowns thoughtfully for a moment or two.

"I forget, what does pixie dust even do, exactly? Does it make people tiny, let them fly, or some other third thing?"

Might be worth knowing, if Mr. Hallucination is still around later.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Troll in the Playground

"Reality alterations,"Jean says. "Like I said, disgusting. Also, hard for non-fae to control." He sees the message on the dessert menu, and hopes this whole thing goes well enough for him to get out quickly.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Me.
    Guest in the Playground

Post Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIII

(@McBish) Samuel quickly snatches up his book before the woman has a chance to glance at it. He regains his composure, and says calmly "It's nothing, really. Look, I'm not trying to come off as rude, and I apologize if I am, I'm just not much of one for socializing. Especially with a person I don't even know. Forgive me."
    At the mention of "fae", Sam's ears prick a little bit and his attention is drawn to the newcomers slightly.

(@ThirdEmperor) Samantha chuckles softly, "That's not precisely what I meant, but, c'est la vie. That's an intriguing story though, my people's idea is completely different, then again I suppose everyone has a different theory. The more I look around this tavern, the more I notice what a melting pot it is." She takes a long look around the room before returning her gaze to the wizard. She smiles cutely and take another sip of her drink.
    She too notices the word "fae", but she looks over much more discreetly than her brother.

23. - Top - End - #1223

"It is, isn't it? I'm beginning to think the world is a much larger place than I had thought." The wizard says, taking a glance around the bar as well. Dogs playing poker with suit-wearing mice, a disembodied skull sipping piña colada through a crazy straw, even the waiters are distinctly strange...

You'd go mad trying to comprehend it all at once. Taking things step by step and ignoring everything outside the immediate, that's the only way to cope. For him at least. "I suppose that's good. That's why I'm here. To see new things and meet new people. So far I'd say I'm doing well on the second."
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Me.
    Guest in the Playground

Samantha removes her gaze from those who were talking about her race, turning back to the wizard and smiling lightly "It would appear you and I both are gaining success in that department." She says as she raises her glass. She continues "Yes, I had always heard the world was a large place. It's just different, you know? One thing to hear of it, and another to experience it. Of course, I suppose there's much weirder out there, most likely."

25. - Top - End - #1225

"Yes. On both counts. I suppose I'd always imagined that everywhere would be like Aules, only with silly clothes and silly accents." Another little laugh escapes him and he raises his glass to meet Samantha's, before finally chugging down the last of the foul-tasting brew. "But at least they still have Aulish cooking. Somehow."

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Me.
    Guest in the Playground

Samantha looks slightly puzzled, not sure if that last statement's a good thing or not. She decides it is, and chuckles "Yes, I suppose most of us grow up thinking only of our world, not paying any mind to others. I know that I used to. Now I realize there are likely millions of different worlds, each different, but somehow all connected. Even this place is surprisingly similar to my home."

27. - Top - End - #1227

"Other... worlds?" More than likely she's merely talking about different continents. But something about the way it was phrased makes the wizard wonder. It's silly, yet, he still feels the need to ask.

28. - Top - End - #1228

Levi the noble sword-guy, who has finished his drink by now, has been obviously listening to the conversation, waiting for the perfect moment to say something!

"Here's a lot different than from where I come from," he adds. For one, the sun's shining.

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Me.
    Guest in the Playground

Samantha's eyes grow wider as she takes a quick gasp. She quickly recover's though, responding with an off handed "Well, of course. I mean, have you never considered the possibility that there are other places out there. I mean, I'm not certain or anything, I mean what would I know of other universes or galaxies or whatever, but, it's just a-uh, theory I have."
    She gives a grin a little too big at the end of her stammered speech, but she tries to act casual about it.

30. - Top - End - #1230

"Oh I give up!" the tiny black 'n striped unicorn exclaims in frustration, throwing his hooves up in the air. Despite his best efforts for the past...

Well...

It honestly feels like he's been trying to pick up this stupid glass for the past several days at least.

But that couldn't possibly be right. His salad hasn't even arrived yet. It couldn't have been more than a few minutes at most. ...right?

"I'm never going to figure out how to do this! It's physically impossible! I thought it was some kind of weird magic but it isn't at all! So how on earth were they picking stuff up without any fingers?"

Without thinking about it the black unicorn grabs the little wooden mug, snatches it up, and hurls it against a nearby wall in frustration!

Using just his hoof.

Despite its complete lack of fingers.

Sigil Stripe is now staring at a wet spot on the wall stupidly.