New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1833343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1505
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIII

"I was chosen, as soon as I had entered that world. For what, I don't know." Imesah sits on the chair pulled for her, and places her helmet on the table's vented.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Me.
    Guest in the Playground

Post Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIII

((Appreciate the consideration ThirdEmperor, my character in fact would be interested.))

So, before the blasting ray guns to turn people into fish went off, this is what Samantha was doing: She was looking very interestingly at the fetish in question, and listening intently to the unipony. Yes, she found the creature odd, but she's seen weirder. At the reveal of it containing pure magical energy, her eyes widened. At that point she is deciding whether or not to trust this mortal and reveal who she truly is to him, but has already decided to tell the quadruped when she gets the chance. And then fishy-fun

Samantha brings up her shield (a wall of green gelatinous goo) with expert quickness, which absorbs all beams entering it and even aims a few back. She's always prepared. She keeps it up, waiting for the smoke to clear...

Samuel, having been listening in to the gun-slingers' conversation previously, is prepared. He immediately draws forth his shield (a pale blue plane of energy), and all beams that pass through it seem to simply dissipate. He keeps his shield up, and recalls them having mentioned something about fae before, so he decides to throw caution to the wind and says in his most authoritative voice, which seems to emanate from everywhere at once "Foolish mortals. Do you know who I am? I am Fîr Ernil, Son of Lady Leanansidhe, Descendant of Uther and Arthur Pendragon, Morgana LeFay, and The Great Merlin himself! Who do you think you are, to challenge me at the works of mine own people? You, who use gifts that we have known for centuries. You, who wield powers we discovered while your kind was still crawling from the primordial mud. Do you still dare to challenge me, blood-born of Fae royalty, noble of the Sidhe courts, prince of Light and Air? "
    Last edited by Me.; 2012-09-10 at 08:53 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Bugbear in the Playground

"I see. Some foible or intricacy of that world's magic no doubt, but such things are beyond my ken. I much prefer to stay in this realm, where I at least know the methods to the madness." Saturday says, sitting down in the seat opposite to Imesah. "Speaking of which, you surely have questions?"

------

The pending reveal of the Wizard's name is once more delayed, the solitary syllable that does escape him drowned out as Pirate!Jean leaps up upon the table and begins to shout. Now, he's never seen anything quite like the mer-gun before. But he has seen muskets, flintlocks and the like, which are close enough to give him a fair guess as to it's purpose.

The golden pendant still clutched in his hand begins to glow brightly once more as he taps into the powers of the etheric realms, tendrils of solid light sprouting from the edges of the radiance. There's not much he can do at the moment, Samantha having already raised a more than adequate shield, but the moment Jean's distracted he plans on taking his best shot on disarming her.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-09-10 at 08:56 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

4. - Top - End - #1264

"I suppose. I've seen many new and different creatures and people here, even in this short time. How do they coexist?" Imesah shifts a little, she isn't very comfortable in her bulky leather armor.

5. - Top - End - #1265

Not-Magtok the Pulp Fiction character raises an eyebrow, regarding the self-proclaimed Fae prince with a frown.

"Lots of hot air in here. You're pretty good at the windbag thing, but I don't think you're quite qualified to be claiming a monopoly on it, your highness."

Pumpkin reaches into a jeans pocket, and pulls out a small device that looks an awful lot like a purple grenade.

"Bad call, Honey Bunny. Nothing but freaks and forcefields. Can you make a door while I distract the swarm?"
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

6. - Top - End - #1266

In pleasant anarchy, more or less. By some miracle this plane has attracted more good people than bad, so, the general rule is that should you be caught at mischief, they'll come together to deal with you accordingly." The important part, thus, is to not be caught. In anarchy, anything goes as long as you can get away with it. "Very enlightened in it's simplicity."

7. - Top - End - #1267

Imesah raises an eyebrow in confusion as she wipes at some of the sweat on her brow. "So the people here just do as they please? There is no army, no guard?"

8. - Top - End - #1268

The crazy monolog guy is peered at curiously by Sigil.

Wow.

What a pompous goofball.

Anywho! It would appear as though the sudden attack has crashed in on a whole gaggle of wizardly folks! Probably not the best group of people to be tossing around threats and fish-beams at.

But that's just how it goes sometimes.

Sigil's horn continues to glow as he keeps his barrier active. Technically its only really useful when it comes to stopping relatively massless objects. Doom rays and the like. If Totally-Not-Magtok decided to throw that bomb at him (or a chair or something) the barrier wouldn't help that much.

"Adults are trying to have a conversation in here. Go play with your fish-sticks somewhere else."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

9. - Top - End - #1269

"Oh, there's an army and a ruling body, but they make few laws and enforce fewer. In the end they're simple thugs like everyone else." From a certain point of view at least. One could also argue that Remnants lack of formal law is the only thing that allows it to function at all.

"Everything alright? You look a touch sunbitten." It's not that hot in here, is it?

10. - Top - End - #1270

"I see." Imesah couldn't say she was a fan of that, but she wasn't going to talk about it. "Hm? I'm alright. Just not used to sitting around in my armor." It's not hot in the Tavern, but heavy reinforced armor doesn't exactly breathe too well.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Troll in the Playground

Honey Bunny tries to dodge the blast from Enshadu, but it wings her, knocking her off the table. "I gotta go pee! I want to go home!" Honey Bunny bellows, trying to stay with Pulp Fiction quotes. She waves a hand and an open door appears right next to her and Pumpkin. Through the door? Nothing but glowy light.

Enshadu's illusion piercing eye won't be able to see the door. Maybe because it's magic. Maybe because it's not real. He will be able to see that 'Pumpkin' is none other than the well known Magtok, but Honey Bunny seems to be genuine.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Ogre in the Playground

Enshadu certainly growls out-loud now, stumbling blindly for "Pumpkin only", unaware that the portal exists. He'll go to run to "Pumpkin" and pincer him against the wall with the sharp black pincer. Enshadu cares nothing for the fact that an odd purple grenade is in Pumpkin's hand, nor does he pay any attention to Honey Bunny. You! You lying, sniveling, worm! I'll cut your throat and drain whatever blood you have roach. He'll try and push Magtok up the wall by his throat. He's in some kind of rage.

EDIT: Nope, he is justumbling over to them, seeing as they're both rather a distance away.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-09-11 at 11:52 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Orc in the Playground

The hobgoblin takes a peek out from behind the table he dived behind and takes a pot shot with his double-barrelled flintlock pistol at the scariest thing he sees. Which, unfortunately, seems to be Enshadu. The flintlock pistol is perfectly mundane, and it fires unassuming lead balls at high velocity with the intent of perforating organs and causing internal bleeding. He's not especially a good shot, and hasn't used his gun much in the past, so he could easily miss, or the bullet may be deflected.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Me. View Post
    (@McBish) Samuel quickly snatches up his book before the woman has a chance to glance at it. He regains his composure, and says calmly "It's nothing, really. Look, I'm not trying to come off as rude, and I apologize if I am, I'm just not much of one for socializing. Especially with a person I don't even know. Forgive me."
    At the mention of "fae", Sam's ears prick a little bit and his attention is drawn to the newcomers slightly.
    "That is fine. I should probably get going anyways. But I want to give you something.

She pulls out a small business card with her name and phone number on them.

"If you or your sister are ever looking for work, or just want to help some people. Give me a call."

And then she stands up and heads out the door before any yelling about magic stuff happens.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

15. - Top - End - #1275

"I don't even know you, man."

Errol Flynn Magtok Pumpkin tosses the purple grenade at Enshadu, not even stopping to pull the pin before he rushes right out and towards that magical doorway. The grenade won't do a darn thing until someone pulls that pin, though.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Troll in the Playground

Once Pumpkin passes through the door, he vanishes. Honey Bunny quickly follows and vanishes too. Then the door closes and vanishes. The door was clearly a portal!

Unless you have an eye that lets you see through illusions that says that two people went through a non-existent door and turned invisible, and those people are now fleeing for the real door to Trog's. Unless someone makes a determined effort to stop them, they're gone.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #1277

The tiny unipony's shield falls as his horn flares once again, seeking to wrap the crazy cyborg death machine in a soft white glow of telekinesis and pull him away from the fleeing peoples!

...wait?

Why is he helping them get away?

"Ah! None of that!"
    comes the talking horse's chiding voice. "Fighting is just going to make this whole stupid mess even worse."

Huh.

Seems like...

He's opposed to solving the issue through violence right away? What does he think this is, some sort of happy land of rainbows and sunshine?

18. - Top - End - #1278

"Drop the shield."

So saying the Wizard takes off running, vaulting over tables and fishified NPCs alike in a mad dash to tackle Magtok Pumpkin before he can get through the door.

Normally, running down a fleeing villain from halfway across a tavern would be a darn near insurmountable challenge, without super-speed on your power list. But the tendrils of solid light conjured by the Wizard previously might give him an edge, stretching out to try and snag Magtok Pumpkin's leg and keep him from escaping.

This is all assuming Samantha does indeed drop the ectosplasmic shield, or at least allow the Wizard through. Otherwise he'll run smack dab into it and look like an idiot for his troubles.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-09-11 at 09:18 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Ogre in the Playground

Enshadu does possess said magical eye of anti-magic visibility! He doesn't bother to catch the grenade and lets it drop on the floor unceremoniously. He'll run to the door quickly with the aid of the jet boosters installed in his metal lower legs His legs were metal from the calf down. The jet boosts let him jump very far and very fast. He lands right next to Magtok after he jumps off a table. He will shoot a pale green goo at Magtok. However,then, he's shot in the back...that happens a lot. The bullet pierces through the bandages and coat into skin. However, it gets barely a third of an inch in before the bullet is stopped by ceramic armor installed underneath his skin. Enshadu feels only minor pain, however blood starts draining slowly. He growls at Magtok, not caring about Honey Bunny. Oh, but I know you, you sniveling, lying, weak tin can! Hah! I'm stronger than you! He'll try and jab a punch at Magtok's back, which should it hit will attach and the nanobots will then start to produce a extremely high amount of electricity.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-09-12 at 11:14 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1280

...eyes of anti-magic visibility?

What does that even mean?

Does it mean that the cyborg guy is able to ignore Sigil trying to telekinetically snag him and drag him away from Magtok? Because that's a thing Sigil has been doing since Rebo's last post. The ability happens to be psionic as opposed to arcane. If that matters at all.

Or does it just mean that the cyborg guy can see through illusions?

Because if it is the latter?

Well.

It would make punching Magtok with electrical tiny robots pretty hard.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, didn't see it! Psionic will work on him, since he does still have a brain. Suddenly, right as he does effectively punch Magtok, he doesn't get to electrify the cyborg, but instead gets blasted backwards and crumples down to the floor. It means he can see through illusions. Enshadu is knocked to the ground and lays there, trying to wait for his head to stop reeling.

22. - Top - End - #1282

"Ha! Who's a weak tin can now, guy I've never met before!"

Invisible Magtok keeps running, intent on getting out the door and as far away as he can before anyone else tries to electrocute him to death. Hopefully that forcefield keeping Mr. Wizard away doesn't drop anytime soon.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-09-12 at 12:34 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Troll in the Playground

Hopefully Invisi-Pumpkin and Invisi-Honey Bunny escape now through the real Trog's door. Wheee!

((OOC: We'd greatly appreciate it if we could let the escape happen. This scene has been a complete bust and it's time to bring it to a close. ))

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Orc in the Playground

The hobgoblin is currently reloading his pistol. He only emptied one barrel, but this way he'll have two barrels loaded should he need them.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Me.
    Guest in the Playground

Post Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIII

((My apologies for the delayed posting ThirdEmperor))
    So, Samantha did drop the shield at the wizard's command, and proceeds to glare at her brother from across the room "You moron! I swear, for someone with so much intelligence, sometimes you can be incredibly stupid! I mean, what did you think that little speech was gonna do, strike fear into the hearts of the wicked?! " She rolls her eyes while delivering this speech.

Before fight (for McBish): Samuel gratefully took the card and nodded politely.

Present: Samuel calls back defensively to his sister "Well, I heard them say something about Fae earlier, so I figured what the heck, why not give it a shot?" He then walks over to the grenade that was thrown but not activated and gingerly picks it up with a gloved hand, not sure what nasties it's capable of, but not wanting to take any chances. Though he;s pretty sure it won't do anything if not activated, so he carefully avoids the pin. Through all this, he keeps his shield up around him just in case. He and his sister both possess the ability to see through such illusions, but neither of them call it forth. They don't think it worth it, the assailants retreated, the building's safe again (for now at least), that's all that matters.
    Last edited by Me.; 2012-09-12 at 08:31 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1286

Levi doesn't participate in the fight, letting the two pirates escape.

He hasn't been turned into a mermaid.

He remains sitting.

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Ogre in the Playground

Vincent and Caroline should arrive right about this time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

28. - Top - End - #1288

Sigil releases his telekinetic grip on the freaky green-goop shooting cyborg guy (assuming that Totally-Not-Magtok manages to escape). He'll also provide the augmented warrior guy with a sour look. "Those weapons they had are more or less harmless," the unipony says as he hops off his stool and clops over to some poor mer-morphed NPC.

His horn begins glowing as he works at undoing the fishy lower body.

"Reacting to silly shenanigans with lethal force is absurd and I for one won't stand for it. Protecting your own life is one thing, but this is about as lethal as a pie in the face."

Though...

Not nearly as tasty.

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Dwarf in the Playground

Astrid walks into the tavern looking a bit upset about something. The 19 year old girl lays her head down on the bar flipping through a menu without really reading it. She really just wanted a place to sit down for awhile.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

30. - Top - End - #1290

Well.

She's sitting alright!

Sigil had just finished up de-fishing the poor random NPC when Astrid arrived. Aside from the slightly fishy smell of the tavern she'll probably have no indication that something absurd had been happening not too long ago.

Once his task is done the unipony returns to his seat at the bar to polish off the muffins he had ordered just a few minutes before the bedlam had broken out. And of course he can't help but notice that young woman who has joined him!

He waves a hoof in greeting, picking up his muffin with the other (somehow). "Rough day?"